User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1993 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

[PICTURE] Shahid Afridi heading into politics or media overreaction?

A hug between cricketer Shahid Afridi and Pakistan Army spokesman Asif Ghafoor has left Twitterati wondering over the prospects of the former Pakistan cricket team captain becoming the country's next prime minister.

The former Pakistani cricketer has been vocal on the Kashmir issue, be it then calling for UN intervention on the matter shortly after the abrogation of Article 370 or backing Imran Khan's call to observe 'Kashmir solidarity day'.

Recently, Afridi joined Khan at a rally in Muzaffarabad, and his speech echoed the rhetorics of his Prime Minister on the Indian government's move.

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/interna...is-the-next-pm

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    It has been obvious for a while, irrespective of his denial. Only a matter of time before Hope Not Out forms a political wing.

If Imran stays in power for another term, Afridi will be part of the opposition. There is no possibility of him joining PTI.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    If Imran stays in power for another term, Afridi will be part of the opposition. There is no possibility of him joining PTI.
    What's the reason for Afridi not being able to join Imran's party?

I remember from a cricketing POV, Imran and Wasim were very involved in many of his comebacks and general support.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    What's the reason for Afridi not being able to join Imran's party?

I remember from a cricketing POV, Imran and Wasim were very involved in many of his comebacks and general support.
    Joining opposition is the best way of climbing up the political ladder. You make more noise and get public attention. If Afridi joins Imranís cult he will struggle to step out of his shadow.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joining opposition is the best way of climbing up the political ladder. You make more noise and get public attention. If Afridi joins Imranís cult he will struggle to step out of his shadow.
    I'd have thought Afridi would have liked to be mentored by Imran for an eventual takeover.

Has Afridi ever been politically aligned. I think I remember something about Imran (long before he became PM) asking him to come to his ralliy and Afridi politely got out of it.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Does Afridi have the temprament to surivive in Pakistan's political climate? I don't think so, you have to be very charismatic and thick skinned.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Afridi will do well in politics. He will probably treat it same way he treated his batting.

LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His elders wont let him.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope not, not as opposition nor as a PTI member. That would just lower the already low standards. N League and PPP as opposition is bad enough already.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    I'd have thought Afridi would have liked to be mentored by Imran for an eventual takeover.

Has Afridi ever been politically aligned. I think I remember something about Imran (long before he became PM) asking him to come to his ralliy and Afridi politely got out of it.
    As a clown, he would be a perfect fit for PTI, the party of clowns.

However, it wonít be a good move for his individual political career. As far as his alignment is concerned, he has flipped-flopped between PMLN and PTI on a number of occasions now.

He is keeping his options open because he intends to launch his own party in the future.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The temptation must be there for him.

He's a big draw with the public and any party would be keen to get him on board.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah we dont need another fool in power. sportsmen dont make good intellectuals.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-fraz View Post
    yeah we dont need another fool in power. sportsmen dont make good intellectuals.
    unless you're an Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    [/U][/I][/B] unless you're an Imran Khan.
    Exceptional case.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afridi is too immature to ever be a politician. A hug means nothing.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    [/U][/I][/B] unless you're an Imran Khan.
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Exceptional case.
    Imran is not either.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Birmingham, U.K.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about education? Shouldn't politicians be educated?
    I know they are suppose to have some sort of degree to even run for an election.
    People have pointed out here he is too immature etc but not a single person has mentioned the fact that he is not educated.
    Just goes to show what our politics has become. All people are looking for is how popular someone is. Lack of education doesn't concern anyone.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran is not either.
    yeah was just about to post this.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Birmingham, U.K.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan is intellectual. Whether you support PTI or not is a different matter.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by re82h View Post
    Imran Khan is intellectual. Whether you support PTI or not is a different matter.
    im a pti supporter. imran is not an intellectual. its clear as day. hes not even a good politician. he has done hard work to get to where he is, his WC win definitely helped his cause.

but he isnt the PM because of his intellect.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Birmingham, U.K.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-fraz View Post
    im a pti supporter. imran is not an intellectual. its clear as day. hes not even a good politician. he has done hard work to get to where he is, his WC win definitely helped his cause.

but he isnt the PM because of his intellect.
    I have just had to check the meaning of intellectual again "a person possessing a highly developed intellect."

Surely he has a highly developed Intellect.

Yes he isn't a good politician and he most definitely isn't PM because of his intellect. As in Pakistan that doesn't seem to be the criteria anyway e.g. Sharif, Zardari etc

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan cricketer Shahid Afridi said on Wednesday that he had always seen Karachi Mayor Wasim Akhtar “crying” over the lack of powers.

Speaking at a ceremony in Karachi, the former cricketer said, “It is quite easy to raise a finger at the government, but the most important thing is to realise what we are doing ourselves.”

He said the country requires professionals who bear good character and take responsibility for their actions.

Responding to a question about Karachi issues, Afridi said if the local government had been unable to deliver, then obviously there had to be the federal government’s involvement.

He said he wondered about the Karachi mayor, adding, “I have always seen him crying that ‘I do not have power. I have not been given this, I have not been given that’.

“If you have not been given power, then why are you sitting in the mayor’s seat? Why don’t you leave it?”

The former cricketer lamented that politics was being done on Karachi issues, saying, “The people are looking towards you. You are the mayor of Karachi.”

He also said the prime minister should at least financially support his party lawmakers from Karachi, so that they could clean the areas from where they received votes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sam...id-afridi/amp/

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)