Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Australia tour of Bangladesh postponed [Post#84]

Australia’s Test and T20I tours of Bangladesh have been postponed to a later date for undisclosed reasons.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board said on Monday, 23 September, that a two-Test series that was to take place in February next year has been pushed to June-July, while the T20I series, originally scheduled to take place in October this year, has been moved to 2021, before the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021. Both boards concurred on the decision.

"According to the FTP, we were supposed to host two Tests in February, but now the Test series will be played in June-July 2020," Akram Khan, the BCB’s cricket operations chairman, told reporters.

"Initially, we were expecting to host Australia for a two-match Twenty20 International series in October, but now they have agreed to play three T20 internationals and it will be played ahead of the World T20 in India, though we are yet to finalise the date."

The Tests are a part of Bangladesh’s World Test Championship campaign, which kicks off in November, with a two-Test series in India. Australia began theirs with the five-Test Ashes series in England, from which they came away with 56 points.

India, No.1 on the MRF Tyres ICC Test Rankings, are the leaders, and the only undefeated team among those whose cycles are underway, having returned from the West Indies with 120 points thanks to a 2-0 sweep.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1356604

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Good

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Good
    Not sure why you think it’s good.

Let’s analyse - it could be for two reasons that you (being a Pakistani) think it’s good
    1. Since the series is deferred in June-July, to free space in packed Australian season, it allows free space in their & BD’s Callander, which eventually can allow a window to tour or host either country. Not happening.

2. This is unfortunate but likely reason - Australia denying to tour PAK for 20 years and counting, and not much international cricket in PAK for 10 years and counting, I see a satisfaction here that a tour to BD is postponed, which is uncalled for. But, if so, there are few other information here that you have missed - Aussies haven’t boycotted BD tour unlike PAK (for 20 years & counting), rather they have shifted the tour into a period when their season in free. This was always expected and not new - Aussies hardly tour abroad during their season apart from India that’s that’s one of the main reasons you should have noticed that PAK-AUS; SAF-AUS, NZ-AUS series often took place in past during either start of Aussie season (Sep-Oct) or at the end (after March). With so many teams & T20 tournaments these days, it’s quite expected that we won’t host AUS, IND, SAF during their season, therefore I actually didn’t even know that the series was planned and n February, which these days even SAF will struggle to bring Aussies. The T20 series will be played before the WC in India and rightly so - absolutely no reason to play T20s in BD when the next WC is in Australia.

As I said many times that PAK is almost like 2nd team, but don’t try to stress my loyalty. These days I spend very little time in PP, but these sort of “sick” post won’t get unnoticed and every time I’ll come back to settle score, some of you deserve so. Last time also I saw some absolute trash posted here when Aussies postponed their Test series in BD, which I paid back with interest very next year their full team toured BD. They have just deferred the schedule by 4 months, and I understand why - Aussies have deferred another trip for 20 years and counting, and I won’t definitely say “good” for that, despite some of the posts here - that’s the mindset, I don’t blame you.
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th September 2019 at 22:02.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Good
    Nothing good about it - also Its not for security reasons it seems - or atleast no one is saying it
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th September 2019 at 22:02.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another postponed 🤔.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Another postponed 🤔.
    Sad, but true. But itís better late than never, you know.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Sad, but true. But it’s better late than never, you know.
    Are Australia "serial" abusers? I am sure they have postponed series before? Wonder what financial penalties exist for these sort of decisions?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussies generally don't tour Bangladesh. I think it is not because of security but because Aussies don't take small teams seriously. It could be arrogance issue.

Bangladesh is currently out of form and hence I don't mind if Aussies don't tour. BD would likely get thrashed anyway.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Are Australia "serial" abusers? I am sure they have postponed series before? Wonder what financial penalties exist for these sort of decisions?
    Aussies rarely invite Bangladesh or play in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh last played a Test in Australia back in 2004. Bangladesh last played a full ODI series in Australia back in 2008.

Even in Bangladesh, Aussies haven't played a LOI series since 2011. They always make excuses.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Not sure why you think it’s good.

Let’s analyse - it could be for two reasons that you (being a Pakistani) think it’s good
    1. Since the series is deferred in June-July, to free space in packed Australian season, it allows free space in their & BD’s Callander, which eventually can allow a window to tour or host either country. Not happening.

2. This is unfortunate but likely reason - Australia denying to tour PAK for 20 years and counting, and not much international cricket in PAK for 10 years and counting, I see a satisfaction here that a tour to BD is postponed, which is uncalled for. But, if so, there are few other information here that you have missed - Aussies haven’t boycotted BD tour unlike PAK (for 20 years & counting), rather they have shifted the tour into a period when their season in free. This was always expected and not new - Aussies hardly tour abroad during their season apart from India that’s that’s one of the main reasons you should have noticed that PAK-AUS; SAF-AUS, NZ-AUS series often took place in past during either start of Aussie season (Sep-Oct) or at the end (after March). With so many teams & T20 tournaments these days, it’s quite expected that we won’t host AUS, IND, SAF during their season, therefore I actually didn’t even know that the series was planned and n February, which these days even SAF will struggle to bring Aussies. The T20 series will be played before the WC in India and rightly so - absolutely no reason to play T20s in BD when the next WC is in Australia.

As I said many times that PAK is almost like 2nd team, but don’t try to stress my loyalty. These days I spend very little time in PP, but these sort of “sick” post won’t get unnoticed and every time I’ll come back to settle score, some of you deserve so. Last time also I saw some absolute trash posted here when Aussies postponed their Test series in BD, which I paid back with interest very next year their full team toured BD. They have just deferred the schedule by 4 months, and I understand why - Aussies have deferred another trip for 20 years and counting, and I won’t definitely say “good” for that, despite some of the posts here - that’s the mindset, I don’t blame you.
    Pakistan has never lost a test match to Afghanistan and never will unlike you minnows. No wonder Australia has never invited you to play a test match in Australia

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Dont post stupid remarks on this thread.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sad, but true. But itís better late than never, you know.
    When are bd going to tour aus for test series 😜

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor stuff. Didn’t they also cancel the series that was meant to be played in Australia? Bangladesh deserves some better exposure by being able to tour and play the bigger teams more often.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has never lost a test match to Afghanistan and never will unlike you minnows. No wonder Australia has never invited you to play a test match in Australia
    PAK lost a Test match to Robert Mughabeís Zimbabwe, that too in 2013 when they were at absolute rock bottom; so, hold your loud mouth; I have seen enough.

Second correction - BD has played Test matches in Australia, and their former captain didnít open mouth in open air ....

So much for that ďneverĒ. Lol.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    When are bd going to tour aus for test series 😜
    Inshallah in future one day weíll tour again - and that day no former Aussie captain will ask to stop touring ....

You know, Australia is one place that if you start to taunt others, itíll hurt you badly.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PAK lost a Test match to Robert Mughabe’s Zimbabwe, that too in 2013 when they were at absolute rock bottom; so, hold your loud mouth; I have seen enough.

Second correction - BD has played Test matches in Australia, and their former captain didn’t open mouth in open air ....

So much for that “never”. Lol.
    Zimbabwe are a better and more accomplished side than Afghanistan. You guys don't know anything better than losing in test matches. No wonder Aussies have never invited such a **** poor side again since 2004 and they shouldn't inviting left overs of Afghanistan either

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Not much to do here - ICC isnít that powerful. Also, itís just 3 boards that unofficially controls world cricket; unless that changes, nothing will happen.

But here I think Aussies will lose points, in extreme case, and the issue isnít about security- theyíll tour in June.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe are a better and more accomplished side than Afghanistan. You guys don't know anything better than losing in test matches. No wonder Aussies have never invited such a **** poor side again since 2004 and they shouldn't inviting left overs of Afghanistan either
    That Robert Mughabeís ZIM was weaker than Afghan B, even that timeís Afghans.

I suggest, you better learn the meaning of ďneverĒ first, itís not helping.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inshallah in future one day weíll tour again - and that day no former Aussie captain will ask to stop touring ....

You know, Australia is one place that if you start to taunt others, itíll hurt you badly.
    Good fantasy world in reality your team is thrashed at home by newbie like Afghanistan

Atleast Pakistan have chance to beat them at adopted home already have done in 2014.l while
    Same cannot be said for poor bd who are struggling to host aus in last 10 to 15 years😂😂😂

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is the second best Asian team. This is just a set back cause Australia is taking extra measures to beat the Tigers at home. Nothing wrong with training for extra daya.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Good fantasy world in reality your team is thrashed at home by newbie like Afghanistan

Atleast Pakistan have chance to beat them at adopted home already have done in 2014.l while
    Same cannot be said for poor bd who are struggling to host aus in last 10 to 15 years������
    Aussies actually visited within last two years and did lose a Test, and again will visit within next 1 years .... might lose the series this time. And, we'll tour Australia before they tour Pakistan, unfortunately.

As I said, don't bring Aussies too much - it'll end in face palm, every time ������������������������.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    Bangladesh is the second best Asian team. This is just a set back cause Australia is taking extra measures to beat the Tigers at home. Nothing wrong with training for extra daya.
    2nd? care to shed some light on this? not many BD fans even claim that now...

personally think they are no4 in LOI and probably no5 in tests ...

do talk abt some numbers and plz start from 2016...BD fans only argument is "we beat Pak Ind and SA at home in 2015" ... thts history far too back to discuss current status ...so lets start from 2017/18?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s hard to sympathise for Bangladesh. They continue to refuse touring Pakistan, so the fact of the matter is you reap what you sow.

Secondly, since they commenced playing tests they have made very little progress in the red ball format. They are still minnows.

I agree with @Savak
    Last edited by topspin; 28th September 2019 at 17:21.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is easily the worst test side atm, so Australia doesn't need to tour them. Bangladesh don't take tests seriously anyway, and Australia only cares about tests and World Cup. World Cup is now over so no need to play Bangladesh for 4 more years.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Bangladesh is easily the worst test side atm, so Australia doesn't need to tour them. Bangladesh don't take tests seriously anyway, and Australia only cares about tests and World Cup. World Cup is now over so no need to play Bangladesh for 4 more years.
    No, theyíll care, because itís part of the ICC Test Championship & that series has 120 points on stake.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    It’s hard to sympathise for Bangladesh. They continue to refuse touring Pakistan, so the fact of the matter is you reap what you sow.

Secondly, since they commenced playing tests they have made very little progress in the red ball format. They are still minnows.

I agree with @Savak
    No one is asking for sympathy- we can manage without that; just donít try to insult uncalled for.

There have been many other minnows after several decades of cricket and there are teams thatís heading to minnow state after many decades of cricket. In terms of progress, BD & BCB actually has made considerable progress from the base that team started - itís not present teamsí fault that ICC awarded a club level team without any infrastructure what so ever Test status.

Regarding reap & sow, you are grossly mistaken, like Savak - BCB didnít refuse to tour PAK, rather BD team was legally blocked from travelling PAK for reasons we all know, and until PAKís status changes from high risk country to travel, it wonít happen; rather you should think about PCBís excuse not to arrange BD series in UAE (they will, for the Test Championship this time), considering ďfinancialsĒ, though they are hosting WIN & SRL - even if so, itís not BCBís fault to manage PCBís finance.

Finally, you are wrong again - Aussies are rescheduling the series to free schedule during their home season, nothing new in it - they had forced SAF as well to sacrifice Boxing Day & New Years Tests - Aussies are not cancelling the tour for security issues, which they did once to come back very next year. I do know everyone understand the difference, but trying to take a cheap shot here, which I am not ready to accept.

If you go to that reap & sow route - Iíll have to remind that 20 years and counting .....

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    What will be interesting will be the reasoning of this decision.

It seems there are Boards out there who are just picking and choosing tours.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a country is cleared for security, why deny touring?

This is international cricket that you have signed up for.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they’ll care, because it’s part of the ICC Test Championship & that series has 120 points on stake.
    They only care because they're forced to care.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    They only care because they're forced to care.
    Doesnít matter - historyíll tell many teams in past were ďcaredĒ by established teams just for the sake of participation- those visitors didnít merit ďcareĒ - current BD is one more name in that list.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a good decision for test cricket overall. No one wants to see BD play against a strong side at the moment, given their caliber.

Test cricket needs better balance between sides. BD should instead invite Zim or Afg.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I think this is a good decision for test cricket overall. No one wants to see BD play against a strong side at the moment, given their caliber.

Test cricket needs better balance between sides. BD should instead invite Zim or Afg.
    Apart from PP, I havenít read anywhere that no one wants to see BD play against stronger sides - that being said both AUS & ENG losing a Test in BD in their last tour and WIN left with 0-2.

Regarding BD touring abroad - PP is the last place to question who has the merit of touring Australia or for that matter South Africa. PP should keep peace with it - as if it mattered at all.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn’t matter - history’ll tell many teams in past were “cared” by established teams just for the sake of participation- those visitors didn’t merit “care” - current BD is one more name in that list.
    Of course it doesn't matter to anybody, except Bangladesh fans. They are the ones missing out playing the big teams.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Of course it doesn't matter to anybody, except Bangladesh fans. They are the ones missing out playing the big teams.
    In international cricket, it doesnít matter for any fan what other teams are doing. One reason CA stopped WSC triangular because the neutral games (unless one team is india with 1.4bn population base) were becoming too expensive.

Also, do you guys really think before positing in BD threads? Your first post is regarding how poor BD team is that Aussies donít need to play them, when the topic at first place is that Aussies have deferred a planned tour by few months!!!

That didnít work, so your latest point is that no one should miss playing BD (as if ENG/AUS missed India in 1930s, 40s, 50s😩) - when Aussies lost a Test in their last tour!!!

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats only because a new Rashid Latif will claim catches he grassed or something.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussies only managed a drawn series last time. They might figure that with all the rain in June they can escape with a 0-0 draw. They know Bangladesh will make a spinning tracknand that they may well lose the coin toss and be chasing a target.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Aussies visit us for Test, we should produce dust bowl and play 3 spinners.

It worked last time.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is not profitable whereas Pakistan still is brand despite of question mark on security. There is the reason why Pakistan was powerhouse during 90s. It is matter of time Pakistan will be powerhouse again once the security is improved.

As for Bangladesh, they are already living in cuckoo lands which to the point they don’t think they need to prove their cricket especially in longer format. Outside Bangladesh, it is at best minnow. They were given international status too early. For now, the improvement is in order.
    Last edited by mgtow; 29th September 2019 at 05:36.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtow View Post
    Bangladesh is not profitable whereas Pakistan still is brand despite of question mark on security. There is the reason why Pakistan was powerhouse during 90s. It is matter of time Pakistan will be powerhouse again once the security is improved.

As for Bangladesh, they are already living in cuckoo lands which to the point they don’t think they need to prove their cricket especially in longer format. Outside Bangladesh, it is at best minnow. They were given international status too early. For now, the improvement is in order.
    Keep low profile bro - your team is heading towards Australia shortly (despite Ian Chappellís suggestion).

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don;t think security is the issue , the gulf between two team is huge, no match. One just retained ashes in England and other lost to Afghanistan at home.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure why some Pakistani fans are being arrogant here, considering that we are ranked 7th.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The last time aussie visited bangladesh they literally saved themselves from embarrassment .
    Wonder what makes them so arrogant, but coz this series is included in WTC there is no doubt that Australia will eventually tour bangladesh, so no problem, bangladesh must look to destroy the aussies this time by preparing spinning tracks.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Don;t think security is the issue , the gulf between two team is huge, no match. One just retained ashes in England and other lost to Afghanistan at home.
    On spinning tracks, both teams are equally good.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one is asking for sympathy- we can manage without that; just donít try to insult uncalled for.

There have been many other minnows after several decades of cricket and there are teams thatís heading to minnow state after many decades of cricket. In terms of progress, BD & BCB actually has made considerable progress from the base that team started - itís not present teamsí fault that ICC awarded a club level team without any infrastructure what so ever Test status.

Regarding reap & sow, you are grossly mistaken, like Savak - BCB didnít refuse to tour PAK, rather BD team was legally blocked from travelling PAK for reasons we all know, and until PAKís status changes from high risk country to travel, it wonít happen; rather you should think about PCBís excuse not to arrange BD series in UAE (they will, for the Test Championship this time), considering ďfinancialsĒ, though they are hosting WIN & SRL - even if so, itís not BCBís fault to manage PCBís finance.

Finally, you are wrong again - Aussies are rescheduling the series to free schedule during their home season, nothing new in it - they had forced SAF as well to sacrifice Boxing Day & New Years Tests - Aussies are not cancelling the tour for security issues, which they did once to come back very next year. I do know everyone understand the difference, but trying to take a cheap shot here, which I am not ready to accept.

If you go to that reap & sow route - Iíll have to remind that 20 years and counting .....
    As usual Bangladesh fans have an ego problem because they have won a few meaningless matches against Pakistan.

So let me remind you when Bangladesh was in need of help from Pakistan to secure test status and how we obliged.

When Pakistan is need of Bangladesh to return the favour, to help us show the cricketing world it is a safe place to tour and play cricket, you leave us hanging.

BCB is what you call a matabi friend who think they're too big for their boots but are a terrible cricketing team as evident from the performance your side gave to Afghanistan at home, displayed below:

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep low profile bro - your team is heading towards Australia shortly (despite Ian Chappellís suggestion).
    Some posters have been undermining India's recent victory down under. I would love to see how the series pans out.
    Ignoring the Smith and Warner return i am more interested in seeing if the pakistan batsmen can handle the 'poor' bowling of Australia.
    Lets see who matches Kohlis in the upcoming tour.

On a sidenote, I think bangladesh have to be a little patient. They have the structure in place alongwith the passion. In ten years time I see them being one of the top teams in world cricket simply because they love their game so much. They have run India surprisingly close a number of times.
    These days as an Indian I am more concerned against bangladesh than a pak match.
    If not for dhoni doing an usain bolt or DK doing a thanos, we would have been shamed so badly.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very sad. How will BD improve if they don't get to play top teams like Australia? The Aussies don't do minnow teams any favours that much is for sure. They barely tour outside of big 3, SA, NZ and haven't played in Pakistan in over 20 years.

Is there some security threat in BD ? Otherwise there's no reason not to tour BD right now.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shantanu View Post
    Some posters have been undermining India's recent victory down under. I would love to see how the series pans out.
    Ignoring the Smith and Warner return i am more interested in seeing if the pakistan batsmen can handle the 'poor' bowling of Australia.

On a sidenote, I think bangladesh have to be a little patient. They have the structure in place alongwith the passion. In ten years time I see them being one of the top teams in world cricket simply because they love their game so much. They have run India surprisingly close a number of times.
    These days as an Indian I am more concerned against bangladesh than a pak match.
    If not for dhoni doing an usain bolt or DK doing a thanos, we would have been shamed so badly.
    I think the effect of Smith was very clear in the series against England. But I guess you still have the blue tinted glasses. However no body is denying India currently is a better team than Pakistan so was better place to exploit smith GAP. And now with Smith and Warner (Home Giant) its a totally different challenge.

What you shouldnt take away from India is that atleast they were good enough to take advantage only just (2-1). Pakistan may have been able to draw or give a better performance against Smith and Warner less Australia.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Undisclosed reasons? Yeah ok.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    I think the effect of Smith was very clear in the series against England. But I guess you still have the blue tinted glasses. However no body is denying India currently is a better team than Pakistan so was better place to exploit smith GAP. And now with Smith and Warner (Home Giant) its a totally different challenge.

What you shouldnt take away from India is that atleast they were good enough to take advantage only just (2-1). Pakistan may have been able to draw or give a better performance against Smith and Warner less Australia.
    3-1 if it weren't for rain.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    As usual Bangladesh fans have an ego problem because they have won a few meaningless matches against Pakistan.

So let me remind you when Bangladesh was in need of help from Pakistan to secure test status and how we obliged.

When Pakistan is need of Bangladesh to return the favour, to help us show the cricketing world it is a safe place to tour and play cricket, you leave us hanging.

BCB is what you call a matabi friend who think they're too big for their boots but are a terrible cricketing team as evident from the performance your side gave to Afghanistan at home, displayed below:

I can post also many such clips - it hardly matters. For example - tell me a Test match where entire team twice were bundled out of below 60 and failed to match one batsman's innings of 119. AFGs won a vital toss and they got a tailor made wicket for their strength - they exploited it to the fullest. It can happen and Robert Mughabe's ZIM beat PAK in one such Test game ... long back in their 4th year of debut, ZIM won a series in PAK; won a Test by innings with the cost of 4 wickets in total within 2 years. BD would have also won a Test against PAK with an awful squad within 3 years of debut & first away trip to PAK - why they didn't, I guess we all know.

Coming to the topic, there is absolutely no issue with Pakistan here - you are actually thinking too big of that team, which has absolutely no input in the context. Issue is Australia has postponed a planned tour in BD and that has absolutely nothing to do with usual suspect - security and what some PPers like to boast here (despite the status of their team) - quality of opponents, though they did lose a Test in last trip. And, as I said if quality of opponents is the benchmark, then PAK has to earn it against AUS A first, before touring their for Test series - so, don't go to that route.

BCB actually is quite level headed - that's why from a ZERO base, it has come to this state within a decade. 8 years back, some Richard Pybas withdraw application for the BCB Head Coach role .... today, he applies every time it's advertised. It's PCB that need to soul search first and see where they stand for their attitude - that Coaching advertisement should have been an eye opener. PCB had ZERO input for BD's Test status - had Jagmohan Dhalmian not been behind it, PCB's reach wasn't long enough even to bring that bill on voting table. Despite political differences (And you know why), BCB should have been PCB's best friend for financial and survival issues - both are bullied by the big bully in between; it's not and do another soul searching - why not.

I don't understand, despite the state of your team, don't you guys feel ashamed of questioning other teams' credibility on cricket field?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

The issue is not about patience - AUS (SENA Countries + IND) has toured BD more than expected. Obviously one has to understand that (I explained it long back) there are 3 distinctive cricket seasons in world - From May to SEP, it's ENG's time, from OCT to MAR AUS and From OCT to April IND - most other teams have to accommodate their home season accordingly. WIN already have lost their prime time (May -May) to IPL, SAF & NZ has the Southern Hemisphere peak time (Mid Dec to mid January - Boxing Day & New Years Day) to AUS & IND and SRL also has lost July-Aug period to ENG's domestics. So, what is left for us is between May to OCT, and in last 5 years every team has toured BD at least once.

The issue is how it's placed here - that too by mostly PAK posters whose team is running 20-0 in AUS/SAF for ages and whose country is happy to host Jason Mo. WIN or (Don't know who is Lankan Captain this time) Srilanka. It's a tour to BD and apart from IND, BD will compete with every team at home.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is not about patience - AUS (SENA Countries + IND) has toured BD more than expected. Obviously one has to understand that (I explained it long back) there are 3 distinctive cricket seasons in world - From May to SEP, it's ENG's time, from OCT to MAR AUS and From OCT to April IND - most other teams have to accommodate their home season accordingly. WIN already have lost their prime time (May -May) to IPL, SAF & NZ has the Southern Hemisphere peak time (Mid Dec to mid January - Boxing Day & New Years Day) to AUS & IND and SRL also has lost July-Aug period to ENG's domestics. So, what is left for us is between May to OCT, and in last 5 years every team has toured BD at least once.

The issue is how it's placed here - that too by mostly PAK posters whose team is running 20-0 in AUS/SAF for ages and whose country is happy to host Jason Mo. WIN or (Don't know who is Lankan Captain this time) Srilanka. It's a tour to BD and apart from IND, BD will compete with every team at home.
    How many chips have Bangladesh collected in their trophy cabinet in the past 48 years?

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post

You didnt actually watch the series!
    They won dominantly.
    It could easily have been 3-1 in their favor. You can check the scorecards. Aussies were behind the 8 ball almost all the time.

Pak wouldnt have been able to handle the aussie pace attack. Thats precisely my point. Have seen enough cricket to know that.
    Pakistan would have at the most been able to draw a test or win it towards the series end after it had already been lost.
    And i know smith is an ATG. I already factored him in. I just want to see how the batsmen handle the aussie bowling.
    I dont wear no glasses. My vision is fine as it is.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    How many chips have Bangladesh collected in their trophy cabinet in the past 48 years?
    Not many - but we can't change that. What we can look for is the next 48 years - for you also can think of how many chips PAK will collect.

I give you a clue - In 1992, PAK won a WC in AUS, 23 years later and Aussie Captain is suggesting that PAK should learn how to play cricket first before next time visiting to Australia. And at same time, (29 years back from today), and Australian amateur team came for a winter tour (site seeing) in Bangladesh and somehow BCCB (BCB) arranged couple of practice game with that team - people came to stadium to watch those Aussie amateurs practice - from there on, Aussies are travelling to BD for playing Test cricket!!!!!! I guess, you can get a glimpse of next 48 years to come.

In PP I see an alarming trend - a trend that has been the savior of every diminishing dynasty - hold on to past. You should move on from there, otherwise your delusion will bite you back.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You didnt actually watch the series!
    They won dominantly.
    It could easily have been 3-1 in their favor. You can check the scorecards. Aussies were behind the 8 ball almost all the time.

Pak wouldnt have been able to handle the aussie pace attack. Thats precisely my point. Have seen enough cricket to know that.
    Pakistan would have at the most been able to draw a test or win it towards the series end after it had already been lost.
    And i know smith is an ATG. I already factored him in. I just want to see how the batsmen handle the aussie bowling.
    I dont wear no glasses. My vision is fine as it is.
    There is no question India is a better test team than Pakistan specially in SENA conditions and thats why they were able to take advantage of Smith and Warner absence and we knew that even before series started. Pretty much everybody had India as favorites but actually since then its been proven that they are even more reliant on Smith than previously thought.

I think Pakistan actually batted quit well in the last tour against the same quality bowling attack! Thye just couldnt get them out with Smith and Warner making merry.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not many - but we can't change that. What we can look for is the next 48 years - for you also can think of how many chips PAK will collect.

I give you a clue - In 1992, PAK won a WC in AUS, 23 years later and Aussie Captain is suggesting that PAK should learn how to play cricket first before next time visiting to Australia. And at same time, (29 years back from today), and Australian amateur team came for a winter tour (site seeing) in Bangladesh and somehow BCCB (BCB) arranged couple of practice game with that team - people came to stadium to watch those Aussie amateurs practice - from there on, Aussies are travelling to BD for playing Test cricket!!!!!! I guess, you can get a glimpse of next 48 years to come.

In PP I see an alarming trend - a trend that has been the savior of every diminishing dynasty - hold on to past. You should move on from there, otherwise your delusion will bite you back.
    I hate this mentality in Subcontinent fans - who wish other teams bad luck or some sort of disadvantage in order to hope the team they support becomes better. The true fans are those who would want every team to be on even terms in terms of playing home and away and only rivalry would be on the field during the match.

For me if Bangladesh is not allowed to play stronger teams home or away on regular basis that puts them at a disadvantage and reduce the point of sport. Why would you want to beat a handicapped team?

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know you are a sad fan when you cheered and found happiness at the news of one team postponing visit to other.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say I am surprised to see this thread getting 50+ replies.

I would love to see Aussies play us in an ODI series. I think that's our strongest format and we can give them a better fight at home.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a shame that many Pakistani posters are posting not only hurtful, arragont comments but also comments that do not reflect with reality. I apologise on their behalf and hope you continue posting as your cricket knowledge is amazing!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    It's a shame that many Pakistani posters are posting not only hurtful, arragont comments but also comments that do not reflect with reality. I apologise on their behalf and hope you continue posting as your cricket knowledge is amazing!
    You don't need to analogize to me, and never for few fools here. May be on field we deserve some of this, but here the issue is completely different. A country that has been doing this for ages (selectively picking countries to tour/invite) and here I see that few people are taking fun of it - stupidly enough, since their country is facing the worst of it. This happens when you don't have the depth to understand what actually is the issue - making random comment doesn't make one smart.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk what past you're talking about since I and most people on this forum weren't alive during the '92 world cup and most us didn't witness the "golden age" of the 80s and 90s, so I can't relate to your experience however the fact remains that Pakistan has 3 world titles in the last 10 years and Pakistan's under 19 team has consistently had successful campaigns in world cups, make many finals and semi final appearances and these people are the future of cricket.
    Last edited by Pakistanian; 30th September 2019 at 05:37.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep low profile bro - your team is heading towards Australia shortly (despite Ian Chappell’s suggestion).
    Says the minnow who are living in cuckoo lands. No offence.

The worlds know Pakistan is brand and Bangladesh is minnow, but the Bangladesh doesn’t know that hence living in cuckoo lands despite the stable economy.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtow View Post
    Says the minnow who are living in cuckoo lands. No offence.

The worlds know Pakistan is brand and Bangladesh is minnow, but the Bangladesh doesnít know that hence living in cuckoo lands despite the stable economy.
    Indeed brand - drugs, fixing, cheating (on the field, by Captain), in fight, doping ... what not. No offence.

Bangladeshis do know exactly where their cricket stands, unfortunately you don't know - 7th in Test table & ODI table, and talking this big. Your brand value was "measured" by Ian Chappell, last time, in open air - wait for this round. This year, the Boxing Day & New Years day Test has gone to Kiwis and PAK is playing 2 Test season warmer ....... can't you read the lines between dots?

Almost 20 years back, there was an "Investment Summit" in Dhaka - and I was a junior project coordinator for that from USAID/World Bank. That time exactly this word "Cuckoo's Land" was used by few Pakistani investors, while Indian & Chinese investors were taking notes silently - today, Pakistani textile entrepreneurs are roaming in dozens around business districts of Dhaka, for an investment opportunity - your post brought the memory of "Cuckoo's Land" after long, long time.

As a nation, when are you going to get better of your arrogance!!!!! I don't want to hurt any Pakistani poster here, but you are forcing me to do so - after Squash, Snooker, Hockey, Volleyball (I know, PAK finished 7th in Asia; after making the final of 1968 Asiad), what is left is a skeleton of cricket - still this much!!!!!! I really do wonder what you guys would have done if you had a half decent side that could make AUS work for 5 days.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Idk what past you're talking about since I and most people on this forum weren't alive during the '92 world cup and most us didn't witness the "golden age" of the 80s and 90s, so I can't relate to your experience however the fact remains that Pakistan has 3 world titles in the last 10 years and Pakistan's under 19 team has consistently had successful campaigns in world cups, make many finals and semi final appearances and these people are the future of cricket.
    1 Champions trophy in last 10 years, which probably most Pakistanis are surprised how did it happen. But I take it 2009 T20 WC as well - not sure though what was is the constant success by U19 team.

It's a 10-12 team Cricket community, and for last 20 years, after constant decline, you are at 6-7th rank - still, the game is based on individual brilliance hence here & there we see PAK winning some - that's the difference left between minnows & Pakistan these days.

For future, we'll be here to see - don't worry.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed brand - drugs, fixing, cheating (on the field, by Captain), in fight, doping ... what not. No offence.

Bangladeshis do know exactly where their cricket stands, unfortunately you don't know - 7th in Test table & ODI table, and talking this big. Your brand value was "measured" by Ian Chappell, last time, in open air - wait for this round. This year, the Boxing Day & New Years day Test has gone to Kiwis and PAK is playing 2 Test season warmer ....... can't you read the lines between dots?

Almost 20 years back, there was an "Investment Summit" in Dhaka - and I was a junior project coordinator for that from USAID/World Bank. That time exactly this word "Cuckoo's Land" was used by few Pakistani investors, while Indian & Chinese investors were taking notes silently - today, Pakistani textile entrepreneurs are roaming in dozens around business districts of Dhaka, for an investment opportunity - your post brought the memory of "Cuckoo's Land" after long, long time.

As a nation, when are you going to get better of your arrogance!!!!! I don't want to hurt any Pakistani poster here, but you are forcing me to do so - after Squash, Snooker, Hockey, Volleyball (I know, PAK finished 7th in Asia; after making the final of 1968 Asiad), what is left is a skeleton of cricket - still this much!!!!!! I really do wonder what you guys would have done if you had a half decent side that could make AUS work for 5 days.
    Calm down. I agree he is being arrogant and that's not good. I would like Australia to play Bangladesh, it's good for cricket in general and Bangladesh can see where they stand.

Pakistans side is definitely bad but I don't agree with your doomed statement- the new first class structure is a positive and the new PCB management with Wasim Khan is definitely a step in the right direction. If these changes work I do see Pakistans team being improved in 4-5 years.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Throwing stone at westindies bus after losing match against them .fixing etc....

That same team had reached number one in test ranking which your team can only dream off and won't reached in atleast 10 years so instead of mocking be more respectful to that group .also do listen what Chappell he said after that statement. Atleast they are playing 2 test instead of calling off the tour due to" financial constraint".

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Champions trophy in last 10 years, which probably most Pakistanis are surprised how did it happen. But I take it 2009 T20 WC as well - not sure though what was is the constant success by U19 team.

It's a 10-12 team Cricket community, and for last 20 years, after constant decline, you are at 6-7th rank - still, the game is based on individual brilliance hence here & there we see PAK winning some - that's the difference left between minnows & Pakistan these days.

For future, we'll be here to see - don't worry.
    Lmaoo, yes the last 10 years Pakistan has won the champions trophy, the T20 world cup, the Asia cup and most importantly held the ICC test mace by becoming the number 1 test team in the world only 3 years ago - your team haven't even come close to #1 in the test rankings and I don't even need to go on about their lack of world titles anyways. Yeah Pakistan has been on a decline the past decade or so mainly cause of no home cricket, so Pakistan have done pretty well for a team that for all practical purposes plays all their games overseas.

As for the under 19 world cup, Pakistan have always made long runs in the tournament, finishing runner ups and twice in the past 9 years and were most recently 3rd place in 2018 - I don't talk about the impressive pre-2010 record since that isn't very relevant now but you get my point. The under 19 world cup is biggest tournament for countries to showcase the talent of their youth and to potentially identify future stars of world cricket, so a country consistently failing to impress at that stage really puts a country's cricket potential in question.
    Last edited by Pakistanian; 30th September 2019 at 09:23.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Throwing stone at westindies bus after losing match against them .fixing etc....

That same team had reached number one in test ranking which your team can only dream off and won't reached in atleast 10 years so instead of mocking be more respectful to that group .also do listen what Chappell he said after that statement. Atleast they are playing 2 test instead of calling off the tour due to" financial constraint".
    I suggest, as a Pakistani - don't bring any "throwing" issue here - be stone or ball.

I understand, how it felt to write the bold line - kudos, you have indeed something to be proud of.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Lmaoo, yes the last 10 years Pakistan has won the champions trophy, the T20 world cup, the Asia cup and most importantly held the ICC test mace by becoming the number 1 test team in the world only 3 years ago - your team haven't even come close #1 in the test rankings and I don't even need to go on about the lack world titles anyways. Yeah Pakistan has been on a decline the past decade or so mainly cause of no home cricket, so Pakistan have done pretty well for a team that for all practical purposes plays all their games overseas.

As for the under 19 world cup, Pakistan have always made long runs in the tournament, finishing runner ups and twice in the past 9 years and were most recently 3rd place in 2018 - I don't talk about the impressive pre-2010 record since that isn't very relevant now but you get my point. The under 19 world cup is biggest tournament for countries to showcase the talent of their youth and to potentially identify future stars of world cricket, so a country consistently failing to impress at that stage really puts a country's cricket potential in question.
    Still, Aussies have reduced it to 2 Tests - that too giving Kiwis the Boxing Day & NY Test, more importantly both MCG & SCG Tests. Have you seen next few years FTP for PAK - scan it carefully this time.

What PAK has done in U19 WC is matched by BD in last 2 WCs (1 SF, and one missed SF), and constantly making the SF at Asian tournaments - which I can't say much about PAK, therefore it's quite surprising that you value PAK's future talent that much.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    stick to the topic

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Australia's next Test assignment has been confirmed with the Bangladesh Cricket Board revealing the dates and venues for a two-match series in June.

Australia will return to Chattogram (formerly known as Chittagong) and Dhaka for the two-Test series where 120 points in the World Test Championship will be up for grabs.

It's the same two venues they played in 2017 when a side captained by Steve Smith drew a series 1-1, although the order will be reversed in 2020 with the first Test at Chattogram's Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium.

The first Test will be played from June 11 before the second match at Dhaka's Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium from June 19.

It means Australia's three-format players will spend some eight weeks out of the country over the winter, with a series comprising of three T20s and three ODIs in England to follow the Bangladesh tour.

Australia will have one four-day practice match to prepare for the Tests against Bangladesh, possibly at Chattogram's MA Aziz Stadium, while several stars – including World No.3 Test batsman Marnus Labuschagne – will arrive from stints in English county cricket.

On the 2017 tour that started in Dhaka, Nathan Lyon claimed an incredible 22 wickets in the two-Test series while David Warner conquered his subcontinent demons with a century in each Test.

The make-up of Australia's Test squad is expected to be largely settled following their dominant 'perfect summer' of five successive crushing Test victories against Pakistan (twice) and New Zealand (three-nil).

"We had our review of the summer and what's interesting and relevant is the continuity of the team as much as the balance of the team," head coach Justin Langer said after the SCG Test in January.

"We've been able to keep the guys together. We've obviously got an excellent fast bowling attack, we've got the best off-spinner in the world (Nathan Lyon), we've got two of the best batsmen who have played for Australia (David Warner and Steve Smith) and … Tim Paine is the best wicketkeeper in the world."

"When you have all those bases covered, it means you've got a very good cricket team.

"We're still working towards having a great cricket team, but we've got a very good cricket team at the moment."

The Bangladesh series will be Australia's only foreign Test match engagements in 2020 before hosting Afghanistan and India next summer.

"If we go to Bangladesh and play well and get some wins over there, then we come back to Australia playing India, and that's a pretty mouth-watering series for players and for fans," Test captain Paine said in the aftermath of Australia's 280-run win in the third Test against New Zealand.

"It's hard not to be looking at that, and we've got some people at Cricket Australia already looking ahead to that series.

"But for the main playing group our next goal is Bangladesh, and we certainly can't take that lightly."

Opener Joe Burns' form in the second half of the Marsh Sheffield Shield season could have eased scrutiny on his position, while the conjecture on who would be Lyon's understudy eased with the call-up of leg-spinner Mitchell Swepson for this summer's SCG Test.

In 2017 Australia played spin-bowling allrounders Glenn Maxwell and Ashton Agar alongside Lyon with two quicks (Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins) in the first Test.

Mitchell Starc was out of the tour injured while Hazlewood picked up a side strain in the opening match.

In the second Test they won to level the series, Australia played two front-line spinners in Lyon and Stephen O'Keefe alongside Maxwell and Agar with Pat Cummins as the sole front-line quick.

Seam-bowling allrounder Hilton Cartwright was drafted into the side for just his second Test match with Usman Khawaja jettisoned.

Once viewed as minnows in world cricket, Bangladesh have become a legitimate threat at major international limited-overs tournaments and a force in Test cricket on their home turf.

The Tigers have won Tests over England and Australia in recent years but have been hampered by the ban for Shakib al-Hasan, one of the finest allrounders in the history of the game, for failing to report bookmaker approaches.

Shakib was banned in late October for two years – one fully suspended – meaning he will not be eligible to return to international cricket until October 29 this year.

Shakib was found to have failed to report two approaches he received during a tri-series between Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in January 2018, and a third related to a 2018 Indian Premier League match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Kings XI Punjab.

The Tests had originally been scheduled for February but were moved after negotiations between the two countries.

A three-match T20 series between the countries has also been moved – it had originally been scheduled for last October – and will now be played in Bangladesh in 2021 in the lead-up to next year's T20 World Cup in India (a tournament that itself is a replacement for the now-scrapped Champions Trophy).

Qantas Tour of Bangladesh

First Test: June 11-15, Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram

Second Test: June 19-23, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/aust...hip/2020-03-11

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Corona virus stays away and we can get a full series.

I think if BD produces dust bowls like they did last time, Aussies can have a tough time.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corona virus will be gone by June. So, it should be a fascinating series. Hopefully, no rain.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no agreement among experts that coronavirus will subside by summer.Some experts believe it could be a seasonal outbreak but this is a hpotheses.WHO's Dr Ryan says it will be godsend if it subsides but there is no evidence to assume it will.Lets hope it disappears by June so life can become normal again.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Without Shakib it's better to postpone.

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My company has cancelled non-essential trips overseas to take place in October due to the COVID pandemic. The NBA has suspended its season...this series may well get postponed.

Even if it goes through, it will probably be a washout due to rain (would serve the Aussies right for refusing to tour during our actual cricket season).

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Washout I guess

Australia being fools will ĺose 80 points

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted123 View Post
    Corona virus will be gone by June. So, it should be a fascinating series. Hopefully, no rain.
    The prediction is that corona virus is going to explode in Australia in May and peak in August.

Bangladesh may need to cancel the tour to keep safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    The prediction is that corona virus is going to explode in Australia in May and peak in August.

Bangladesh may need to cancel the tour to keep safe.
    Er, no.

The prediction is that widespread deaths of the elderly start in 7-10 days from now, peak through the month of April, and that any abeyance in May and June is conditional upon whether the government goes into Italy-style lockdown mode early enough.

The chances of a tour in June are the same as the chances of schools being open in Australia in June. Zero.

The northern hemisphere countries tried to delay the pandemic until winter had passed. We need to get as much of it done as possible before winter really kicks in.

This tour wonít happen.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Er, no.

The prediction is that widespread deaths of the elderly start in 7-10 days from now, peak through the month of April, and that any abeyance in May and June is conditional upon whether the government goes into Italy-style lockdown mode early enough.

The chances of a tour in June are the same as the chances of schools being open in Australia in June. Zero.

The northern hemisphere countries tried to delay the pandemic until winter had passed. We need to get as much of it done as possible before winter really kicks in.

This tour won’t happen.
    https://www.perth.wa.gov.au/news-and...erth-community

The latest Western Australian Department of Health modelling indicates there will be a higher risk of COVID-19 spreading through Western Australia by late April or mid-May while August is forecast to be the most dangerous period.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...arios/12023442

Earlier this week, WA Premier Mark McGowan said modelling indicated coronavirus would be spreading in Australia in April or May, and the peak of the epidemic would happen in August.
    August might be a WA thing then.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.