Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you agree with PCB's approach to BCB for the Test series in Pakistan?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, all discussions should have happened behind closed doors

    12 50.00%
  • Yes, PCB are using the right tactics to influence BCB

    12 50.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 388
  1. #81
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,906
    Mentioned
    2361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Bangladesh will be travelling to Pakistan in February next year to play two Tests and three T20Is according to the FTP. Concerns about the availability of the players and the coaching staff for the Pakistan tour have already arrived as most of the members of the coaching staff have declined to travel.

    According to some sources, head coach Russell Domingo has declined to travel along with pace bowling coach Charl Langeveldt, batting consultant Neil McKenzie, fielding coach Ryan Cook and newly included physiotherapist Julian Calefato.

    Spin-bowling coach Daniel Vettori, who arrived in Bangladesh on October 25 has also declined to travel.

    Only the strength and conditioning coach Mario Villavarayan has agreed to visit Pakistan. Nizamuddin Chowdhury, the CEO of BCB has informed that they will make a decision regarding this after assessing the situation properly.

    “We haven’t had any formal discussion in this regard as yet and when we have that we can tell you more precisely about the whole situation.”

    The U16 team and the Women’s team are currently in Pakistan to play against the hosts. However, Women’s head coach Anju Jain along with her two compatriots refused to tour with the team and didn’t travel in the end. Former coach Dipu Roy Chowdhury went with the team in place of her.

    Read the full story here https://www.bdcrictime.com/banglades...o-in-pakistan/
    This is going to be another issue - Mario is the SRL guy, but apart from that entire support staff are from SENA countries, and they can’t be forced to travel to PAK. I think, eventually the series will be played in UAE, SRL or even BD. What I hear is that most players are looking at few seniors - Sak, Mush, Mahmood & Tammi - therefore if these players are willing, BCB probably can select a full squad, unless it’s legally blocked, but I didn’t think of this angle.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,136
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    This is going to be another issue - Mario is the SRL guy, but apart from that entire support staff are from SENA countries, and they can’t be forced to travel to PAK. I think, eventually the series will be played in UAE, SRL or even BD. What I hear is that most players are looking at few seniors - Sak, Mush, Mahmood & Tammi - therefore if these players are willing, BCB probably can select a full squad, unless it’s legally blocked, but I didn’t think of this angle.
    Its hard to imagine any team playing a test championship match without a full strength team.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,148
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Bangladesh Cricket Board will come to the decision whether to send their men’s team to Pakistan based on reports from the concerned ministry and security agencies.

    According to the International Cricket Council Future Tour Program, Pakistan will host Bangladesh for two Test matches and three T20Is, starting in January this year.

    A BCB security team will travel to Pakistan soon to understand the arrangements that the home nation will undertake.

    With the Sri Lanka team currently touring Pakistan, prospects of Bangladesh visiting the country have gathered some pace.

    However, there is a backup plan too.

    It is understood that there is always the option of Pakistan hosting Bangladesh in the United Arab Emirates, Pakistan’s makeshift home venue.

    “We have a commitment with them [Pakistan Cricket Board] as per the ICC FTP. Pakistan will host Bangladesh for two Tests and three T20Is. They have some neutral venues in Dubai and a few others that are treated as their home venues,” said BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury to reporters at Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka Sunday.

    “We have to follow some protocols for our team traveling abroad and security is one of the chief agendas. We have been working on this with the concerned ministry, and also the High Commissions. We will come t[SUP]o a decision based on their reports,” the BCB high-up explained.

    In the schedule, the BCB also has Bangladesh women’s team tour of Pakistan in late October.

    Nizamuddin informed that assessments of security arrangements for both the men’s and women’s team will be done jointly.

    The Bangladesh eves are scheduled to travel to Pakistan for three T20Is and two ODIs.

    The women’s team are likely to leave for Pakistan on October 23.

    “The process [of assessing security arrangements in Pakistan] has already started. We have already contacted Bangladesh High Commission [in Pakistan] and they have provided us a report,” said Nizamuddin.

    “We have sent that report to the concerned ministry, and they are working on it. We are expecting an inspection team to travel to Pakistan soon. Sri Lanka are already on tour of Pakistan, and we want our inspection team to be present there while the tour is on. That way the team will get to witness the on-ground security arrangements that are taken,” the BCB official explained.

    http://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cr...rs-to-pakistan
    Chances are that BCB will Likely say No. BCB has resentment against PCB due to hard line taken by Sethi.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,906
    Mentioned
    2361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Its hard to imagine any team playing a test championship match without a full strength team.
    Not Bangladesh, and for sure not against PAK. Full BD team can be routed by PAK (or IND), people will accept that; but if BCB sends just one compromised choice (replacement), and team loses on last ball ..... some BCB officials will lose their golden egg laying job. Hasina might call Papon to her office ... to slap with own hands.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,333
    Mentioned
    2373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh team’s five South African members - coach Russell, pace bowling coach Charl Langeveldt, batting consultant Neil McKenzie, fielding coach Ryan Cook and newly named physio Julian Calefato is said to have informed their intention to the BCB

    The majority of the Bangladesh cricket team coaching staff are likely to pull their names off from the Tigers’ scheduled tour of Pakistan in February next year.

    The Tigers as per the Future Tours Program will play two Test matches and three T20Is against host Pakistan.

    Media reports have revealed that head coach Russell Domingo and spin bowling consultant Daniel Vettori have shared their observations over traveling to Pakistan, a country that has been avoided by most cricketing nations due to security concerns since a heinous terrorist attack on the touring Sri Lankan cricket side back in 2009.

    However, Bangladesh strength and conditioning coach Mario Villavarayan, a Sri Lankan, is not uninterested to tour Pakistan.

    Bangladesh team’s five South African members - coach Russell, pace bowling coach Charl Langeveldt, batting consultant Neil McKenzie, fielding coach Ryan Cook and newly named physio Julian Calefato is said to have informed their intention to the BCB.

    It is understood that team analyst Shrinivaas Chandrasekaran, an Indian citizen, will also be unavailable for the tour of Pakistan, along with spin bowling consultant Daniel Vettori, who joined the Tigers Friday.

    "We are yet to have a formal discussion on this and when we have that, we can tell you more precisely about the whole situation," said BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury to the media Saturday.

    BCB currently has its national women’s team and U-16 side touring Pakistan following clearance from the government on security arrangements.

    However, women’s team head coach Anju Jain and her two colleagues, all hailing from India, refused to be part of the tour.

    BCB is yet to take a decision on sending its men’s team to tour Pakistan.

    https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/c...-tour-pakistan


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  6. #86
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,106
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All the Indian coaches are the last one to tour Pakistan as they are loyal to BCCI. Some foreign coaches may be interested to tour Pakistan but under present BD government its highly unlikely they will tour to Pakistan

  7. #87
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    41,000
    Mentioned
    2045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    BCB still undecided over Pakistan tour


    Bangladesh Cricket Board is yet to decide with regards to the national men’s team’s tour of Pakistan, scheduled for January next year.

    BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury informed that a series of discussions involving the International Cricket Council and other authorities is required before coming to a decision on the tour.

    Nizamuddin said a delegate team from Bangladesh government recently visited Pakistan for security assessment.

    He added that they are yet to look into reports from Bangladesh High Commission and the security team.

    “A government representative team visited Pakistan recently and based on their tour, we have sent our Bangladesh U-16 and national women’s team to tour Pakistan. However the factors of the men’s national team and others [age-level and women’s team] differ,” said Nizamuddin to the reporters at Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka Thursday.

    “We will look into the report from Bangladesh High Commission and from the team that have done the security assessment. We also need to speak to ICC because they sent a separate team to assess conditions because they have to assign match officials. We have to discuss with everyone before making a decision,” the BCB high-up added.

    As per the ICC Future Tours Program, Bangladesh are slated to play host Pakistan in three T20Is and two Test matches, which will be a part of the ICC Test Championship.

    https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/c...-pakistan-tour


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  8. #88
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    126,333
    Mentioned
    2373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    BCB still undecided over Pakistan tour


    Bangladesh Cricket Board is yet to decide with regards to the national men’s team’s tour of Pakistan, scheduled for January next year.

    BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury informed that a series of discussions involving the International Cricket Council and other authorities is required before coming to a decision on the tour.

    Nizamuddin said a delegate team from Bangladesh government recently visited Pakistan for security assessment.

    He added that they are yet to look into reports from Bangladesh High Commission and the security team.

    “A government representative team visited Pakistan recently and based on their tour, we have sent our Bangladesh U-16 and national women’s team to tour Pakistan. However the factors of the men’s national team and others [age-level and women’s team] differ,” said Nizamuddin to the reporters at Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka Thursday.

    “We will look into the report from Bangladesh High Commission and from the team that have done the security assessment. We also need to speak to ICC because they sent a separate team to assess conditions because they have to assign match officials. We have to discuss with everyone before making a decision,” the BCB high-up added.

    As per the ICC Future Tours Program, Bangladesh are slated to play host Pakistan in three T20Is and two Test matches, which will be a part of the ICC Test Championship.

    https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/c...-pakistan-tour
    So it seems that U16s and Women lives are judged on a different scale when it comes to security - strange logic!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #89
    Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    536
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just seems that the BCB needs all the friends it can get with how things are at home right now. Especially since their age-group and women’s teams completed their Pakistan tours without any issues.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    7,518
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If women's team and U-16 team can visit Pakistan, men's team should have no issue. BCB is not being very logical here.


    Bangladeshi Fan

  11. #91
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,906
    Mentioned
    2361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    If women's team and U-16 team can visit Pakistan, men's team should have no issue. BCB is not being very logical here.
    Women team is visiting without their coaching staff. Don't think that's possible for men's team - this is the support staff that must accompany team for a tour :

    Head Coach: South Africa Russell Domingo
    Batting Coach: South Africa Neil McKenzie
    Fast Bowling Coach:South Africa Charl Langeveldt
    Spin Bowling Coach: New Zealand Daniel Vettori
    Fielding Coach: South Africa Ryan Cook
    Strength and Conditioning Coach: Sri Lanka Mario Villavarayan
    Team Physiotherapist: South Africa/Italy Julian Calefato

    And, I believe they have appointed an Indian Data Analyst as well.

    The mode now in BD is that, if BCB sends a compromised team, regardless of results, Papon will be in trouble. I don't see this series happening in PAK, though I am sure players won't mind travelling PAK.

  12. #92
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    2,634
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Women team is visiting without their coaching staff. Don't think that's possible for men's team - this is the support staff that must accompany team for a tour :

    Head Coach: South Africa Russell Domingo
    Batting Coach: South Africa Neil McKenzie
    Fast Bowling Coach:South Africa Charl Langeveldt
    Spin Bowling Coach: New Zealand Daniel Vettori
    Fielding Coach: South Africa Ryan Cook
    Strength and Conditioning Coach: Sri Lanka Mario Villavarayan
    Team Physiotherapist: South Africa/Italy Julian Calefato

    And, I believe they have appointed an Indian Data Analyst as well.

    The mode now in BD is that, if BCB sends a compromised team, regardless of results, Papon will be in trouble. I don't see this series happening in PAK, though I am sure players won't mind travelling PAK.
    The Saffers will be fine. I reckon Daniel Vettori would come too (after taking some advice from Brendon McCullum, Ronchi and other Kiwis who have come in the last couple of years).

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,148
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    If women's team and U-16 team can visit Pakistan, men's team should have no issue. BCB is not being very logical here.

    It is because the women's cricket does not have much following (if there is any at all) . The security provided by Pakistan was also far less than the one given to Sri-lankan Men's team.
    In a way lack of interest is a form of security itself.

    When it comes to the more popular version than stakes get higher and so does the need for security.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,369
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    It is because the women's cricket does not have much following (if there is any at all) . The security provided by Pakistan was also far less than the one given to Sri-lankan Men's team.
    In a way lack of interest is a form of security itself.

    When it comes to the more popular version than stakes get higher and so does the need for security.
    BD is a minnow. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    7,518
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    BD is a minnow. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
    Topic is security. Security has nothing to do with being minnow.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 7th November 2019 at 08:13.


    Bangladeshi Fan

  16. #96
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,575
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    The Saffers will be fine. I reckon Daniel Vettori would come too (after taking some advice from Brendon McCullum, Ronchi and other Kiwis who have come in the last couple of years).
    Na, they would have if mickey was in charge, but no one to convince them now. This was the only benefit of keeping mickey as coach.
    Anyway, hasina is not going to let this happen!

  17. #97
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,106
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hopefully BCB will not travel Pakistan this time. Last thing we want to be whitewashed by Bangladesh in LOI and who knows even in tests due to Misbah's obsession for oldies and defensive mindset.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,369
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    SA and England will tour very soon.

    BCB can play their little political game who cares.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,906
    Mentioned
    2361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Topic is security. Security has nothing to do with being minnow.
    You don’t need to be logical with trolls - appropriate answer here is - “beggars are not choosers”.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,585
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCB still waiting for authorization from BCCI.

    PCB should cancel this tour. It wont make much money and it won't do anything to improve our chances to host the top cricket teams in the future.

    PCB should concentrate on getting SL, SA and England to tour, which are looking more probable with time.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  21. #101
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,136
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    SA and England will tour very soon.

    BCB can play their little political game who cares.
    SA,well they may.

    England? Really? Now dont tell me that its because the royal couple visited.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,241
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    SA,well they may.

    England? Really? Now dont tell me that its because the royal couple visited.
    Neither he is right nor you .

    if you have time machine to be so sured eng Tour of pakistan is in 2020 stil alot of time left so there is no certainty what exactly will happen
    Last edited by saeed5646; 7th November 2019 at 18:27.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    536
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh develop cold feet over upcoming Pakistan tour

    Uncertainty looms over Bangladesh’s upcoming tour of Pakistan, with players and coaching staff unwilling to go for a full series there. Bangladesh are scheduled to play three T20 Internationals and two Tests in Pakistan in January. But according to a Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) functionary, even if the tour takes place, it could be restricted to T20Is only. The prevailing uncertainty in this regard is the reason why BCB hasn’t released the tour itinerary yet.

    “Players aren’t willing to go to Pakistan for a tour spanning over three weeks. The coaching staff have already expressed their disapproval. Three T20Is are OK, as the tour will finish in seven-eight days. But they don’t want to go there for 21 days,” the BCB functionary told The Indian Express.

    The Bangladesh cricket team narrowly escaped the Christchurch mosque shooting during their tour of New Zealand earlier this year. It is learnt that they are very concerned about touring Pakistan, supposedly a high-risk country. Although the Bangladesh women’s team toured Pakistan in October-November for three T20Is and two ODIs, the men’s team is not keen to follow suit.

    However, Bangladesh’s two Tests in Pakistan are part of the ICC World Test Championship and in case of forfeiture, they will lose valuable points. “If we don’t tour, that would be because of force majeure. We might request the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to host the series at a neutral venue. If it comes to that, we hope that the ICC would consider our case,” the BCB functionary said.

    The International Tennis Federation recently shifted India’s Davis Cup tie, originally scheduled to be held in Islamabad, to Kazakhstan. Sri Lanka went to Pakistan for a cricket tour – three ODIs and three T20Is – in September-October alright, but their top players had pulled out. PCB is confident about hosting Sri Lanka for two Tests in December and have sent the itinerary to Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC).

    After the limited-overs tour, SLC chief Shammi Silva had spoken about how the Sri Lankan players felt stifled by the strict security arrangements. Citing this, the BCB functionary said: “It could be a big mental block for the players. Team hotel, team bus and match venues would be their routine. They won’t be allowed to go out. In such a scenario, it’s very difficult to stay there for so many days.”

    For the last 10 years, the UAE has had been Pakistan’s home away from home. But last year, PCB and Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) were at odds over scheduling. It remains to be seen if PCB is willing to host the Tests against Bangladesh in UAE, should they be played at a neutral venue. It is learnt that PCB is considering Malaysia as a back-up venue for next year’s Asia Cup.

    https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...-tour-6135053/


    Keep up with PakPassion and all things Pakistan Cricket on your favourite platforms

  24. #104
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,241
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once the sl test series done .i don't see any reason for bd denial for test series .

  25. #105
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    2,347
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the woman team can tour why can’t the men? What’s the difference?

  26. #106
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Once the sl test series done .i don't see any reason for bd denial for test series .
    Without Shakib and Tamim, BD is a very weak Test team. Not sure if they will comfortable to tour Pakistan with such an inexperienced team.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    4,862
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    If the woman team can tour why can’t the men? What’s the difference?
    Security risk obviously. A men's cricket team is more high profile and hence far more likely to be targeted. That said, if Sri Lanka tour is successful, they'll have very little ground to stand on

  28. #108
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    2,347
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Security risk obviously. A men's cricket team is more high profile and hence far more likely to be targeted. That said, if Sri Lanka tour is successful, they'll have very little ground to stand on
    So if the woman team was attacked it wouldn’t make news? If there was an attack on the BD Women’s cricket team that would have been the end of cricket in Pakistan forever imo. If anything the woman tour would be a bigger target cause it would likely have less security but an attack would make the same level of impact.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    474
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Bangladesh isn't touring for test series but they may be able to tour Pakistan for the 3 t20s. It is annoying that Bangladesh doesn't intend on going to Pakistan for the full tour but I guess this would have likely happened in the first place due to the political issues etc. so having them tour Pakistan for the three t20s is better than nothing I guess, so I don't mind that.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,106
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One positive thing is under Misbah we may loose to BD as well. So better wait till Misbah finish his term and get a good coach and beat them.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,241
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RajBan View Post
    Without Shakib and Tamim, BD is a very weak Test team. Not sure if they will comfortable to tour Pakistan with such an inexperienced team.
    As if they are certain to win in uae .

  32. #112
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    320
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RajBan View Post
    Without Shakib and Tamim, BD is a very weak Test team. Not sure if they will comfortable to tour Pakistan with such an inexperienced team.
    Shakib is banned anyway.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offence but we need teams like SA, England, Aus etc. to come to pakistan as their visit will hold more value than if Bangladesh visits us. So if Bangladesh doesn't come it's really not going to affect us in any way.
    But I find it ironic that they are willing to send their women's team to Pakistan but are hesitant to send their men's. Are their women's lives less valuable than men's for them?

  34. #114
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,671
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RajBan View Post
    Without Shakib and Tamim, BD is a very weak Test team. Not sure if they will comfortable to tour Pakistan with such an inexperienced team.
    I don't understand why Bangladeshi fans are missing Shakib. He is banned for a good reason. Bangladeshis should thank their stars that he is banned.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    I don't understand why Bangladeshi fans are missing Shakib. He is banned for a good reason. Bangladeshis should thank their stars that he is banned.
    They're missing him because he's needed in their team. Similar to how the Aussies were missing Smith and Warner.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,089
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  37. #117
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    417
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiz Played Well View Post
    Bangladesh develop cold feet over upcoming Pakistan tour

    Uncertainty looms over Bangladesh’s upcoming tour of Pakistan, with players and coaching staff unwilling to go for a full series there. Bangladesh are scheduled to play three T20 Internationals and two Tests in Pakistan in January. But according to a Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) functionary, even if the tour takes place, it could be restricted to T20Is only. The prevailing uncertainty in this regard is the reason why BCB hasn’t released the tour itinerary yet.

    “Players aren’t willing to go to Pakistan for a tour spanning over three weeks. The coaching staff have already expressed their disapproval. Three T20Is are OK, as the tour will finish in seven-eight days. But they don’t want to go there for 21 days,” the BCB functionary told The Indian Express.

    The Bangladesh cricket team narrowly escaped the Christchurch mosque shooting during their tour of New Zealand earlier this year. It is learnt that they are very concerned about touring Pakistan, supposedly a high-risk country. Although the Bangladesh women’s team toured Pakistan in October-November for three T20Is and two ODIs, the men’s team is not keen to follow suit.

    However, Bangladesh’s two Tests in Pakistan are part of the ICC World Test Championship and in case of forfeiture, they will lose valuable points. “If we don’t tour, that would be because of force majeure. We might request the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to host the series at a neutral venue. If it comes to that, we hope that the ICC would consider our case,” the BCB functionary said.

    The International Tennis Federation recently shifted India’s Davis Cup tie, originally scheduled to be held in Islamabad, to Kazakhstan. Sri Lanka went to Pakistan for a cricket tour – three ODIs and three T20Is – in September-October alright, but their top players had pulled out. PCB is confident about hosting Sri Lanka for two Tests in December and have sent the itinerary to Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC).

    After the limited-overs tour, SLC chief Shammi Silva had spoken about how the Sri Lankan players felt stifled by the strict security arrangements. Citing this, the BCB functionary said: “It could be a big mental block for the players. Team hotel, team bus and match venues would be their routine. They won’t be allowed to go out. In such a scenario, it’s very difficult to stay there for so many days.”

    For the last 10 years, the UAE has had been Pakistan’s home away from home. But last year, PCB and Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) were at odds over scheduling. It remains to be seen if PCB is willing to host the Tests against Bangladesh in UAE, should they be played at a neutral venue. It is learnt that PCB is considering Malaysia as a back-up venue for next year’s Asia Cup.

    https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...-tour-6135053/
    I am just curious, after that sad attack in Christchurch where the BD team was a whisker away from harm, would the BD team ever tour Newzealand again? If the answer is yes, why not travel to Pakistan where they have never had security issues (plus where a lot of Bengladeshis still reside). If answer is no, would that mean they would not visit UK as well? and what about India? There has to be a line in the sand somewhere ..

  38. #118
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    876
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off topic
    Why can't Pakistan chose different venue other than UAE?
    crap pitches, over the time players performance will deteriorate if they continue to play there.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,369
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    I am just curious, after that sad attack in Christchurch where the BD team was a whisker away from harm, would the BD team ever tour Newzealand again? If the answer is yes, why not travel to Pakistan where they have never had security issues (plus where a lot of Bengladeshis still reside). If answer is no, would that mean they would not visit UK as well? and what about India? There has to be a line in the sand somewhere ..
    Don't you know BD is a 1st world country heaven on earth. Why would they go to a country like Pakistan for 21 days.

    Cancel the tour last minute and teach them a lesson.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,585
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    Off topic
    Why can't Pakistan chose different venue other than UAE?
    crap pitches, over the time players performance will deteriorate if they continue to play there.
    No venue other than Pakistan is needed now. Pakistan is as safe as any other cricket playing nation.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi


  41. #121
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    29,345
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    I am just curious, after that sad attack in Christchurch where the BD team was a whisker away from harm, would the BD team ever tour Newzealand again? If the answer is yes, why not travel to Pakistan where they have never had security issues (plus where a lot of Bengladeshis still reside). If answer is no, would that mean they would not visit UK as well? and what about India? There has to be a line in the sand somewhere ..
    BD consider it an honour to tour New Zealand, bombs going off in first world white countries don't count as danger.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  42. #122
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just look at a the statistics.
    The big cities in Pakistan have faced barely any terror threats in 2019. Compare it to 2009 and it will seem like we're now Nepal 2.0. Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi have not had a major terror attack in a long time thankfully.
    We're not telling them to play in Balochistan are we??

    Our major cities are as safe as any other city in the Subcontinent.

    But who are we kidding? The bangladesh cricket board are influenced by the BCCI so whatever decision BCCI wants them to take, BCB has to take whether they want to or not

  43. #123
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    29,345
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Just look at a the statistics.
    The big cities in Pakistan have faced barely any terror threats in 2019. Compare it to 2009 and it will seem like we're now Nepal 2.0. Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi have not had a major terror attack in a long time thankfully.
    We're not telling them to play in Balochistan are we??

    Our major cities are as safe as any other city in the Subcontinent.

    But who are we kidding? The bangladesh cricket board are influenced by the BCCI so whatever decision BCCI wants them to take, BCB has to take whether they want to or not
    That's it in a nutshell basically. BD are in Indian pocket, they will read from the script they are given by the Indian govt.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  44. #124
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,621
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why have Bangladesh never gotten invited to tour the UAE?

    Since the beginning of the UAE sojourn, the PCB have always treated the BCB in step-motherly fashion.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  45. #125
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    29,345
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Why have Bangladesh never gotten invited to tour the UAE?

    Since the beginning of the UAE sojourn, the PCB have always treated the BCB in step-motherly fashion.
    Obviously the PCB want them to come to Pakistan. If they don't want to, fine. You can have them over there in India, Pakistan's loss is your gain.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  46. #126
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,621
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Obviously the PCB want them to come to Pakistan. If they don't want to, fine. You can have them over there in India, Pakistan's loss is your gain.
    Why?

    Australia, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and West Indies have said no to Pakistan and yes to the UAE at several points during this decade, and the PCB has accommodated them.

    What makes Bangladesh's case different?


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Why?

    Australia, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and West Indies have said no to Pakistan and yes to the UAE at several points during this decade, and the PCB has accommodated them.

    What makes Bangladesh's case different?
    What are you talking about?
    They're not forcing Bangladesh to come. They're just asking them like they asked all the other boards. If they don't want to come to pakistan then we'll play them in the UAE. As for the UAE part, maybe Pakistan didn't want to. Like they've not played Zimbabwe in the UAE in recent times. The fact is that Bangladesh is a very weak test team and this results in them not being invited. When was the last time they were invited to Australia or England for a full fledged tet series?

  48. #128
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,621
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    What are you talking about?
    They're not forcing Bangladesh to come. They're just asking them like they asked all the other boards. If they don't want to come to pakistan then we'll play them in the UAE. As for the UAE part, maybe Pakistan didn't want to. Like they've not played Zimbabwe in the UAE in recent times. The fact is that Bangladesh is a very weak test team and this results in them not being invited. When was the last time they were invited to Australia or England for a full fledged tet series?
    Er no actions speak louder than words. The last time Bangladesh said no to Pakistan the series was cancelled altogether. The time before that, it was held in Bangladesh itself.

    It's the PCB's decision, so be it. I was just curious as to why the UAE is a no go zone for Bangladesh, especially when Pakistan is hankering for all the cricket it can get to fill up the gaps in his schedule.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Er no actions speak louder than words. The last time Bangladesh said no to Pakistan the series was cancelled altogether. The time before that, it was held in Bangladesh itself.

    It's the PCB's decision, so be it. I was just curious as to why the UAE is a no go zone for Bangladesh, especially when Pakistan is hankering for all the cricket it can get to fill up the gaps in his schedule.
    The tests that we are going to play against them next year will be played in the UAE if they are not played in Pakistan IIRC so I guess your argument falls apart right there.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,621
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    The tests that we are going to play against them next year will be played in the UAE if they are not played in Pakistan IIRC so I guess your argument falls apart right there.
    Let's believe it when we see it.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  51. #131
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    29,345
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Why?

    Australia, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and West Indies have said no to Pakistan and yes to the UAE at several points during this decade, and the PCB has accommodated them.

    What makes Bangladesh's case different?
    Sri Lanka tend to suffer when they make friendly gestures towards Pakistan, bombs suddenly start going off for some reason. White countries are scared because they are all involved in wars in the region, West Indies are a wannabe first world nation so need to be seen to be on the same page.

    Matches in the UAE are unsustainable anyway. Who is going to want to watch BD play against Pakistan? If they are going to play Pakistan it should be either in Pakistan or Bangladesh. If not, then they are well within their rights to stay away, they can play someone else instead.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  52. #132
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,136
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Sri Lanka tend to suffer when they make friendly gestures towards Pakistan, bombs suddenly start going off for some reason. White countries are scared because they are all involved in wars in the region, West Indies are a wannabe first world nation so need to be seen to be on the same page.

    Matches in the UAE are unsustainable anyway. Who is going to want to watch BD play against Pakistan? If they are going to play Pakistan it should be either in Pakistan or Bangladesh. If not, then they are well within their rights to stay away, they can play someone else instead.
    I may be wrong, but bdeshis are plenty in the gulf. They will come to watch their team.

  53. #133
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    76,109
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Looks like at best they want a 3 T20I series - in and out of Pakistan in a week.



  54. #134
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,585
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Sri Lanka tend to suffer when they make friendly gestures towards Pakistan, bombs suddenly start going off for some reason. White countries are scared because they are all involved in wars in the region, West Indies are a wannabe first world nation so need to be seen to be on the same page.

    Matches in the UAE are unsustainable anyway. Who is going to want to watch BD play against Pakistan? If they are going to play Pakistan it should be either in Pakistan or Bangladesh. If not, then they are well within their rights to stay away, they can play someone else instead.

    On a related note, terror attacks in Pakistan have gone down significantly since Kulbhushan Yadav was captured.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  55. #135
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    12,851
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to a source in the PCB, Pakistan will not play any Tests offshore, and if Bangladesh forfeit the Test series, they will lose WTC points.

    The BCB were sent a preliminary schedule 3 weeks ago. They sent their security delegation. They sent their women's team, their u16 team. They haven't formally communicated anything to the PCB.

    Multiple teams and international cricketers have toured Pakistan, including Bangladesh internationals. Sri Lanka is playing a Test series in less than a month.

    There is no logical reason to refuse. Especially since they will receive state-level security.

  56. #136
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    4,849
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCB is still waiting for permission from BCCI .

  57. #137
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,769
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    That's it in a nutshell basically. BD are in Indian pocket, they will read from the script they are given by the Indian govt.
    Also explains one of the reasons why Sheikh Hasina was in Kolkata to watch the pink-ball test.

    Indians allegedly did something similar before the Sri Lanka series when a bomb threat came out of the Sri Lankan PMs office.

  58. #138
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,769
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Why have Bangladesh never gotten invited to tour the UAE?

    Since the beginning of the UAE sojourn, the PCB have always treated the BCB in step-motherly fashion.
    That's pretty rich coming from an Indian. Bangladesh played their first ever test in India in 2017. If Pakistan treats them in a step-motherly fashion then what of India or Australia who aren't even comfortable inviting them to Australia for a single test?

    Even if Pakistan is behaving like this there's a history. Pakistan was one of the reasons Bangladesh got test status in the first place and it was Pakistan who invited them for a 3 match test series when no one wanted to play them except Zimbabwe. Has Bangladesh reciprocated in any way during Pakistan's time of need? Absolutely not. Rather Bangladesh seem more intent on taking directives from the Indian government. So I would say Pakistan is absolutely justified doing so.

    And the reason Pakistan is talking tough to Bangladesh is because they can. This stuff would not fly with the Aussies, the English or New Zealanders and Bangladesh may still not agree to play in Pakistan or at all, but PCB, for all its weaknesses still has the power to talk down to the BCB.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,136
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    According to a source in the PCB, Pakistan will not play any Tests offshore, and if Bangladesh forfeit the Test series, they will lose WTC points.

    The BCB were sent a preliminary schedule 3 weeks ago. They sent their security delegation. They sent their women's team, their u16 team. They haven't formally communicated anything to the PCB.

    Multiple teams and international cricketers have toured Pakistan, including Bangladesh internationals. Sri Lanka is playing a Test series in less than a month.

    There is no logical reason to refuse. Especially since they will receive state-level security.
    Will pcb force Aussies English kiwis to tour Pakistan? Can they?

    ICC will decide if BD lose points or not. Right now ICC has not decreed that teams must visit pakistanm

  60. #140
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,136
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    That's pretty rich coming from an Indian. Bangladesh played their first ever test in India in 2017. If Pakistan treats them in a step-motherly fashion then what of India or Australia who aren't even comfortable inviting them to Australia for a single test?

    Even if Pakistan is behaving like this there's a history. Pakistan was one of the reasons Bangladesh got test status in the first place and it was Pakistan who invited them for a 3 match test series when no one wanted to play them except Zimbabwe. Has Bangladesh reciprocated in any way during Pakistan's time of need? Absolutely not. Rather Bangladesh seem more intent on taking directives from the Indian government. So I would say Pakistan is absolutely justified doing so.

    And the reason Pakistan is talking tough to Bangladesh is because they can. This stuff would not fly with the Aussies, the English or New Zealanders and Bangladesh may still not agree to play in Pakistan or at all, but PCB, for all its weaknesses still has the power to talk down to the BCB.
    1. The reason BD got test status is because of Jagmohan Dalmiya. And he was an Indian. Pakistan hardly enjoyed any power in ICC.

    2.So you believe bangladedhis are inferior and pcb can talk down to them?

  61. #141
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,769
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    1. The reason BD got test status is because of Jagmohan Dalmiya. And he was an Indian. Pakistan hardly enjoyed any power in ICC.

    2.So you believe bangladedhis are inferior and pcb can talk down to them?
    1. He was one of the reasons. Not the only reason. And contrary to what you are insinuating the ICC of yesteryear's was not an oligarchy where a select few had all the power. Other boards had much more space.

    2. No need to twist words. I said nothing of the sort. All I said was that Bangladesh is not respected as a full-member nation and that is a fact. If they were they would regularly play series in England, Australia, South Africa and even India, which is supposed to be a great friend of Bangladesh. But the reality is that they haven't toured England in close to 10 years, Australia does not want to host them, they toured South Africa in 2017 after 9 years and and they played their first ever test match in India two years ago. I think that says alot regarding the standing of Bangladesh in world cricket.

  62. #142
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,082
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    I am just curious, after that sad attack in Christchurch where the BD team was a whisker away from harm, would the BD team ever tour Newzealand again? If the answer is yes, why not travel to Pakistan where they have never had security issues (plus where a lot of Bengladeshis still reside). If answer is no, would that mean they would not visit UK as well? and what about India? There has to be a line in the sand somewhere ..
    You're comparing NZ's security with PAK's? Really bro ...

  63. #143
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Won't - you can come back to me later. If BD wins both toss - PAK won't win the Series.
    Still think so?

    Bangladesh's test team is minnow level. They ain't winning against Pakistan especially in the UAE

  64. #144
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,136
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    1. He was one of the reasons. Not the only reason. And contrary to what you are insinuating the ICC of yesteryear's was not an oligarchy where a select few had all the power. Other boards had much more space.

    2. No need to twist words. I said nothing of the sort. All I said was that Bangladesh is not respected as a full-member nation and that is a fact. If they were they would regularly play series in England, Australia, South Africa and even India, which is supposed to be a great friend of Bangladesh. But the reality is that they haven't toured England in close to 10 years, Australia does not want to host them, they toured South Africa in 2017 after 9 years and and they played their first ever test match in India two years ago. I think that says alot regarding the standing of Bangladesh in world cricket.
    1. He was the reason. He arranged the votes. Pakistan had little ability to get the votes in ICC. Infact in those days ICC was more like a oligarchy. Dalmiya had 6 votes in a nine member exex co and thats how he controlled the ICC. India Lanka Pakistan SA WI Zim were the permanent voters for Dalmiya. Aus Eng NZ were on the other side. You need to brush up your icc history.BD was not the first country Dalmiya helped get test status,another country was helped way back in 1991-92.

    2. Very evident what you said. You believe that pakistanis can talk down to BCB.

  65. #145
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    12,851
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Will pcb force Aussies English kiwis to tour Pakistan? Can they?

    ICC will decide if BD lose points or not. Right now ICC has not decreed that teams must visit pakistanm
    These teams are not scheduled to tour Pakistan in the current Test Championship.

    Sri Lanka just named a full strength Test squad to tour Pakistan. Are their lives cheaper than their western counterparts?

  66. #146
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    105,055
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If SL tour goes well with no issues, i dont see why Bangla shouldnt tour as well.

  67. #147
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,369
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    These teams are not scheduled to tour Pakistan in the current Test Championship.

    Sri Lanka just named a full strength Test squad to tour Pakistan. Are their lives cheaper than their western counterparts?
    He's just living in 2013 still. Give him time to come to terms.

  68. #148
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,695
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    If SL tour goes well with no issues, i dont see why Bangla shouldnt tour as well.
    Then you'd reckon there is no reason why New Zealand, Australia and England wouldn't tour Pakistan?

  69. #149
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,136
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    These teams are not scheduled to tour Pakistan in the current Test Championship.

    Sri Lanka just named a full strength Test squad to tour Pakistan. Are their lives cheaper than their western counterparts?
    Lankans can decide for themselves. Others will decide for their ownself.

  70. #150
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,136
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    He's just living in 2013 still. Give him time to come to terms.
    If Lankans decide to come, how can that decision be extended to others?

    Aussies havent toured for 20 years.

  71. #151
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    29,345
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    1. The reason BD got test status is because of Jagmohan Dalmiya. And he was an Indian. Pakistan hardly enjoyed any power in ICC.

    2.So you believe bangladedhis are inferior and pcb can talk down to them?
    What has it got to do with you?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  72. #152
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    41,000
    Mentioned
    2045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    BCB yet to take decision on Pakistan tour

    The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is yet to decide on the national men’s team’s tour of Pakistan in January-February next year.

    BCB Chief Executive Officer Nizamuddin Chowdhury said the board is waiting for the report from Bangladesh government delegation that recently visited Pakistan to conduct a security assessment.

    “The report is very important for us. We can only decide after receiving the security assessment. We are in constant communication with the Pakistan Cricket Board, but we will not tour if there is any risk for the cricketers,” BCB CEO Nizamuddin told the media Monday.

    As per the ICC Future Tours Program, Bangladesh are slated to play hosts Pakistan in three T20Is and two Test matches, which will be a part of the ICC Test Championship.

    In October and November this year, the Bangladesh national women’s cricket team and Bangladesh U16 boy’s team had traveled to Pakistan.

    Pakistan is set to play its first Test match on home soil in more than a decade when it hosts the Sri Lankan cricket team for a two-match series in December. International cricket has been rare for Pakistan at home following the terrorist attack on the Sri Lanka national cricket team bus in Lahore in 2009.

    The PCB last week reiterated that they want the home series against Bangladesh to be played on Pakistan’s home ground, after the two scheduled Test matches against Sri Lanka.

    The BCB had pressed for having only the T20I matches in Pakistan and the Test matches at a neutral venue. The PCB, however, did not agree as they believe this would negatively affect any future international and the Pakistan Super League T20.

    https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/c...-pakistan-tour


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  73. #153
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    41,000
    Mentioned
    2045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    BCB mull neutral venue for Pak tour

    Amid continued uncertainty over whether the national team would get the security clearance to tour Pakistan in January-February 2020, the Bangladesh Cricket Board [BCB] are mulling whether to propose shifting the tour to a neutral venue if they do not get the green signal from the Bangladesh government.

    According to the Future Tours Programme, Bangladesh are scheduled to play three T20Is and two Tests in Pakistan.

    “If we get the clearance from the government, we can start discussions with the Pakistan board but we are yet to get the clearance. Everything will depend on what the government wants. We will definitely sit with the player to take their opinion as well if the government gives clearance for the tour,’’ BCB cricket operations chairman Akram Khan told reporters at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium yesterday.

    A delegation from the Bangladesh government recently visited Pakistan for a security assessment and on the basis of that, the BCB had sent the national women’s team and the Bangladesh under-16 team to tour Pakistan earlier this year. The same delegation is to advise the Bangladesh government and the BCB on going ahead with the national team’s tour of Pakistan.

    Akram said that there was a discussion about playing the Test and T20I series in separate segments, but the Pakistan Cricket Board [PCB] has already declined that proposal. According to media reports, the PCB believes that having a series split to two locations would have a negative impact on the host country in terms of hosting future international series and the Pakistan Super League T20.

    “But if we don’t get the clearance from the government for any reason, we have to discuss playing at a neutral venue. If we get the clearance, then it will be different. So, at this moment, we have to wait on the security report from the government,” the former Bangladesh captain added.

    The Bangladesh men’s team has not been given the green signal to travel to Pakistan since a terrorist attack in Lahore on the touring Sri Lankan national team’s bus in 2009. However, West Indies and Sri Lanka have visited for short tours, which included only ODI and T20I matches.

    All eyes will be on the BCB now as Sri Lanka are set to tour Pakistan with a full-strength side for a Test series this month.

    Akram however informed the government approval will have nothing to do with other teams touring Pakistan.

    “Who is going there is not the issue for us. If we get the clearance from the government, we’ll think about the tour. As I said earlier, at this moment we are waiting for the government’s suggestion,” he concluded.

    Since the Bangladesh players were in the vicinity of a terrorist attack on a mosque in Christchurch in March this year, the BCB have started sending a security team before touring any country.

    https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...k-tour-1835347


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  74. #154
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    1,255
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh please. Usually I try not to get mad.ablut Bangladesh and try to understand them. But this is annoying me. If Sri Lanka test tour goes well there is no reason for Bangladesh not to accept.

  75. #155
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,136
    Mentioned
    1749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Oh please. Usually I try not to get mad.ablut Bangladesh and try to understand them. But this is annoying me. If Sri Lanka test tour goes well there is no reason for Bangladesh not to accept.
    Lankans take their own decisions. BD will take its own.

    Just because X will come, doesnot mean Y too has to come.

  76. #156
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    349
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Lankans take their own decisions. BD will take its own.

    Just because X will come, doesnot mean Y too has to come.
    Sri Lanka makes its own decisions? Of course.

    Bangladesh makes its own decisions?
    You had my in the second half not going to lie

  77. #157
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    1,255
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Lankans take their own decisions. BD will take its own.

    Just because X will come, doesnot mean Y too has to come.
    Alright Indian. Why are you so negative and condescending on Pakistan in all of your posts?

  78. #158
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. And pak fans know the reason

  79. #159
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Alright Indian. Why are you so negative and condescending on Pakistan in all of your posts?
    Alright Pakistani.. it’s an open forum where ppl can post their views

  80. #160
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    349
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifecric7 View Post
    No. And pak fans know the reason
    I'm sure everyone knows that the BCB are the puppets of the BCCI


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •