Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 147
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Star Wars: The rise of Skywalker thread

    It deserves a thread of its own. The franchise will finally come to an end this December.

    Who is the Skywalker to rise? What role will Palpatine play in this movie? Who are Rey’s parents and what are the origins of supreme leader Snoke?

    Would really love to hear your theory’s before presenting mines. My first theory is that the Skywalker to Rise is Anakin.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,647
    Mentioned
    4723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Dwayne fans and this thirst for marvel / disney produced crap jesus christ what has become of civilisation

  3. #3
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I had the idea that Rey is a Kenobi, but....

    ...what if she’s Anakin, reincarnated from the Force? Anakin as he should have been? It would explain her immediate skill with the sword.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,647
    Mentioned
    4723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I will take my 2 year old nephew to see this am sure he will enjoy this it should be dumbed down enough @aliasad1998

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    13,595
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I had the idea that Rey is a Kenobi, but....

    ...what if she’s Anakin, reincarnated from the Force? Anakin as he should have been? It would explain her immediate skill with the sword.
    Rumours also that she could be a clone.
    That’s why when she looked into the mirror she only saw a reflection of herself x 1m..

    We know how Palpatine liked his clones

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    291
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Rumours also that she could be a clone.
    That’s why when she looked into the mirror she only saw a reflection of herself x 1m..

    We know how Palpatine liked his clones
    This theory to me makes most sense so far.

    Red lightsaber Rey is a clone.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Thankfully the saga is over. It hasn’t been the same since it got infected by the feminism virus and decided to play to the galleries. I am not a chauvinist, but I have no appreciation for forced feminism.

    And it certainly didn’t fit in the Star Wars saga. Princess Leia is a strong female character, and she wasn’t the product of aggressive feminist ideology. It is possible to have female heroes without shoving feminism down the throats of the audience.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,647
    Mentioned
    4723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I may take my Grandpa to see this as well, think it will have enough explosions to keep him awake for more then 5 minutes


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,647
    Mentioned
    4723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Thankfully the saga is over. It hasn’t been the same since it got infected by the feminism virus and decided to play to the galleries. I am not a chauvinist, but I have no appreciation for forced feminism.

    And it certainly didn’t fit in the Star Wars saga. Princess Leia is a strong female character, and she wasn’t the product of aggressive feminist ideology. It is possible to have female heroes without shoving feminism down the throats of the audience.
    There's going to be a female James Bond let that sink in


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    There's going to be a female James Bond let that sink in
    Won’t be long before it is a transgender who identifies herself as a lawn-mover.

    I have no problems with gays, transgenders or individuals who identify themselves as objects. I also have no problems with having strong female/gay characters in cinema. However, why ruin things for others?

    Why ruin James Bond for people who do not want to see it mocked in this fashion? James Bond is not a woman.

    Why not solve the problem by creating a different character altogether with her own franchise? This is when feminism gets toxic and must be countered.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    13,595
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    There's going to be a female James Bond let that sink in
    Female 007

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,647
    Mentioned
    4723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Won’t be long before it is a transgender who identifies herself as a lawn-mover.

    I have no problems with gays, transgenders or individuals who identify themselves as objects. I also have no problems with having strong female/gay characters in cinema. However, why ruin things for others?

    Why ruin James Bond for people who do not want to see it mocked in this fashion? James Bond is not a woman.

    Why not solve the problem by creating a different character altogether with her own franchise? This is when feminism gets toxic and must be countered.
    They are doing it for the sake of it and also targeting all the different markets at the same time to promote the movie, unfortunately they will hurt the quality and also damage the brand because it makes no sense to just randomly include left field choices. Imagine Rocky had midgets in it and a bunch of lady boys, it would just be so random right and something you can't really imagine; that's what they are doing with the Bond franchise sadly


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I had the idea that Rey is a Kenobi, but....

    ...what if she’s Anakin, reincarnated from the Force? Anakin as he should have been? It would explain her immediate skill with the sword.
    It cannot be. Kenobi made no off-spring as a force ghost

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So why do I feel it’s Anakin?

    Well he brought balance to the galaxy...only for it to become unbalanced and Palpatine still alive to cause issues. Also with Snoke and Kylo REN using the dark force, Anakin’s work is not finished.

    The revenge of the Sith was about Anakin, he was the ultimate carnation of revenge taken by the Sith.

    The rerun of the Jedi was the return of Anakin

    The rise of Skywalker has to be the rise of the one Skywalker who is the reason for this entire saga.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Rumours also that she could be a clone.
    That’s why when she looked into the mirror she only saw a reflection of herself x 1m..

    We know how Palpatine liked his clones
    It will be a huge surprise I recon. She may even be Padme reincarnated

  16. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,600
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last director, Rian Johnson, ruined this trilogy. This is not salvageable. Unfortunately he is working on a new trilogy. To make matters the Game of thrones writers are working on another trilogy. Sad times for Star Wars fans.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    291
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    The last director, Rian Johnson, ruined this trilogy. This is not salvageable. Unfortunately he is working on a new trilogy. To make matters the Game of thrones writers are working on another trilogy. Sad times for Star Wars fans.
    Dave Filoni is the only real hope. Star Wars on TV is where it's at.

    Clone Wars, Revenge of the Sith, Solo (suffered due to Last Jedi, but was okay), Rebels, Rogue One, Original Trilogy, The Mandalorian.

    Some really good bits to glue the movies together.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    It cannot be. Kenobi made no off-spring as a force ghost
    But he could have sired a child when he was corporeal.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    There's going to be a female James Bond let that sink in

    She won’t be a female James Bond, she will be a MI6 agent named something else who inherits the number 007 when Bond retires.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Thankfully the saga is over. It hasn’t been the same since it got infected by the feminism virus and decided to play to the galleries. I am not a chauvinist, but I have no appreciation for forced feminism.

    And it certainly didn’t fit in the Star Wars saga. Princess Leia is a strong female character, and she wasn’t the product of aggressive feminist ideology. It is possible to have female heroes without shoving feminism down the throats of the audience.
    But she wasn’t the protagonist, in a time when women were more disadvantaged in Western society than they are now. Since A New Hope we have had two female Prime Ministers - was that shoving feminism down your throat?


  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    But she wasn’t the protagonist, in a time when women were more disadvantaged in Western society than they are now. Since A New Hope we have had two female Prime Ministers - was that shoving feminism down your throat?
    Ruining already established franchises for loyal fan bases is in appropriate. I am all for strong female characters and protagonists, so why not make a new franchise? If you want to a new age female protagonist for a fantasy series or if you want to a A female secret service agent, create new movies. Why ruin Star Wars and James Bond for people who don’t want to see the new age Luke Skywalker as a female and don’t want to see 007 played by a woman?

    There should be different strokes for different blokes, not the same stroke for everyone because we have to be politically correct.

    For instance - would it be okay if Tomb Raider is rebooted and the lead character is well Leo Croft instead of Lara Croft? If Batman becomes Batwoman? If Wonder Woman becomes Wonder Man and Joker becomes a transgender? Why not?

    Feminism should strive to achieve equality not dominance. It should be liberating rather than toxic, and it should surely not ruin movies and games for established fanbases.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys this thread is for Fan theories not gender politics

    No one yet has mentioned Snoke. The scar on his head and his cooked skin makes me feel he is the darkness within Vader

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    But he could have sired a child when he was corporeal.
    The key to understanding who is Rey is by understanding the importance of Planet Jakku. He positioning there is no coincidence. There are some interesting theories about this online especially in relation to the outer regions and the unknown galaxies.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Snoke...

    Died too easily for a supreme dark side user. Killed by a novice, non Sith Lord Kylo Ren. The strongest theory in relation to this is that Snoke was always a body, and not the mind itself. The mind is Palpatine, and it’s Palpatine who has trained Ren into the dark side. So Palpatine has raised another Vader from the Skywalker bloodline. Once again the mighty Sith will rule the galaxy.

    I’m telling you, they are laying the foundation for the return of the Master Jedi Anakin Skywalker

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    38,579
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apparently @Mamoon can’t even post in a Star Wars thread without trying to be super-controversial.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Apparently @Mamoon can’t even post in a Star Wars thread without trying to be super-controversial.
    I’m afraid he has totally been lost to the dark side

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Didn’t intend to derail the thread. I was okay expressing my disappointment at the direction the franchise has taken because of the pressures of the feminism movement. Unfortunately James Bond has succumbed as well.

    Anway, not the thread for such discussion.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    13,595
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I’m afraid he has totally been lost to the dark side
    You've just spoilt Star Wars for me
    Now every time I see Darth Vader my mind will go to that imbecile.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Didn’t intend to derail the thread. I was okay expressing my disappointment at the direction the franchise has taken because of the pressures of the feminism movement. Unfortunately James Bond has succumbed as well.

    Anway, not the thread for such discussion.
    just*

  30. #30
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    So Snoke...

    Died too easily for a supreme dark side user. Killed by a novice,
    non Sith Lord Kylo Ren. The strongest theory in relation to this is that Snoke was always a body, and not the mind itself. The mind is Palpatine, and it’s Palpatine who has trained Ren into the dark side. So Palpatine has raised another Vader from the Skywalker bloodline. Once again the mighty Sith will rule the galaxy.

    I’m telling you, they are laying the foundation for the return of the Master Jedi Anakin Skywalker
    Agreed, that seemed silly.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Ruining already established franchises for loyal fan bases is in appropriate. I am all for strong female characters and protagonists, so why not make a new franchise? If you want to a new age female protagonist for a fantasy series or if you want to a A female secret service agent, create new movies. Why ruin Star Wars and James Bond for people who don’t want to see the new age Luke Skywalker as a female and don’t want to see 007 played by a woman?

    There should be different strokes for different blokes, not the same stroke for everyone because we have to be politically correct.

    For instance - would it be okay if Tomb Raider is rebooted and the lead character is well Leo Croft instead of Lara Croft? If Batman becomes Batwoman? If Wonder Woman becomes Wonder Man and Joker becomes a transgender? Why not?

    Feminism should strive to achieve equality not dominance. It should be liberating rather than toxic, and it should surely not ruin movies and games for established fanbases.
    Luke Skywalker and Rey were in the last two films together.

    Doctor Who is a woman now. Thor was a woman for a while.

    To someone who has always enjoyed male privilege, equality feels like subjugation. Just the same as these white guys who think increasing racial equality means they are second class.

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    25,822
    Mentioned
    660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Luke Skywalker and Rey were in the last two films together.

    Doctor Who is a woman now. Thor was a woman for a while.

    To someone who has always enjoyed male privilege, equality feels like subjugation. Just the same as these white guys who think increasing racial equality means they are second class.
    It’s not wrong to expect Feminists to have their own heroes, they don’t have to follow the path by replacing Male ones.

    Ghostbusters, Oceans 8 all these aren’t required because Charlies Angels is there and such can be made.

    One would comment similarly if it was Charlize’s devils having a male cast.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    38,579
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The final trailer is out.

    It’s pretty awesome.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Didn’t intend to derail the thread. I was okay expressing my disappointment at the direction the franchise has taken because of the pressures of the feminism movement. Unfortunately James Bond has succumbed as well.

    Anway, not the thread for such discussion.
    How has the feminist movement hurt your life in any way @Mamoon? You are coming across as one of these incel types who is scared of girls.

    Anyway, the idea that Palpatine is back is gaining traction.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    It’s not wrong to expect Feminists to have their own heroes, they don’t have to follow the path by replacing Male ones.

    Ghostbusters, Oceans 8 all these aren’t required because Charlies Angels is there and such can be made.

    One would comment similarly if it was Charlize’s devils having a male cast.

    Ghostbusters original wasn’t “required”. Ocean’s Eleven wasn’t “required”.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The final trailer is out.

    It’s pretty awesome.

    Oh, right.

    Yeah, Palps is back.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    38,579
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Oh, right.

    Yeah, Palps is back.
    He is always pulling the strings. It would be in keeping with his character arc since Episode 1.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    13,595
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the trailer.
    But then I liked all the build up to the Last Jedi too..

    Since i’ve Watched every film in the cinema as they came out, i’ll Be watching this one too.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having seen all the Star Wars movies, my favourite is Rogue One.

    New Hope was different because of the impact value it has in the late 70s (It was all about the Panani stickers at school!), but apart from these two, the rest are just garbage.

    The real loss IMO are Episode 1,2, & 3. A missed opportunity. Instead turned out to be a complete mess, a CGI mashup, and almost killed Portman's career. So bland is the SW story arc, that Part 7 was a reboot and rehash of A New Hope!

  40. #40
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    2,656
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are supposed to be more episodes after this though I'm pretty sure. But I don't think they will be about the Skywalker family. Can't imagine Star Wars without Skywalker.

    I hope Anakin makes a comeback or cameo in some part, either in flashback or in real. There were rumours about this.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Thankfully the saga is over. It hasn’t been the same since it got infected by the feminism virus and decided to play to the galleries. I am not a chauvinist, but I have no appreciation for forced feminism.

    And it certainly didn’t fit in the Star Wars saga. Princess Leia is a strong female character, and she wasn’t the product of aggressive feminist ideology. It is possible to have female heroes without shoving feminism down the throats of the audience.
    You were too young to watch the 1992 WC and here you think you know more about Star Wars because you read, and verbatim post, comments from IMDB.

    You are not intelligent. Far from it. When Disney bought Star Wars it was a forgone conclusion that the lead character in Star Wars would be a female. It has nothing to do with pandering to the galleries, or feminism, or politics, but Disney's model which has been nothing but successful.

    Every protagonist in Disney movies has been a female. From the very first animation, to the latest Star Wars. It has always been about the *princesses* with Disney.

    Run along and Google a response.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    There are supposed to be more episodes after this though I'm pretty sure. But I don't think they will be about the Skywalker family. Can't imagine Star Wars without Skywalker.

    I hope Anakin makes a comeback or cameo in some part, either in flashback or in real. There were rumours about this.
    When the 1,2, & 3 were announced, I was so looking forward to the development of Darth Vader. Of course that turned out to be an epic disaster. What did we get? Anakin transforms into Darth Vader like microwave popcorn towards the end of the 3rd part.

    Massive massive lost opportunity.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    You were too young to watch the 1992 WC and here you think you know more about Star Wars because you read, and verbatim post, comments from IMDB.

    You are not intelligent. Far from it. When Disney bought Star Wars it was a forgone conclusion that the lead character in Star Wars would be a female. It has nothing to do with pandering to the galleries, or feminism, or politics, but Disney's model which has been nothing but successful.

    Every protagonist in Disney movies has been a female. From the very first animation, to the latest Star Wars. It has always been about the *princesses* with Disney.

    Run along and Google a response.
    I am not going to feed your insecurities by trading cheap insults. Save me the bait. I however will point out that you are emphatically wrong about the sweeping statement that “every protagonist in Disney movies has been a female”.

    That is simply not true at all.

    Aladdin, Hercules, The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan, Winnie the Pooh, Wreck-it Ralph, Dinosaur etc. are all Disney movies with male protagonists.

    These are just the ones from the top off my head. I am sure there are plenty more.

    It is ironic that you are trying to educate me on Disney where you unaware of the several successful Disney films that had male protagonists.

    Instead of attempting to educate me, you need to watch more Disney movies. It appears that you have only watched stuff like The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Mulan, Beauty and the Best and Frozen etc., and have to the nonsense conclusion that Disney only does female protagonists and it is the only reason for Disney’s successful model.

    In fact, Disney botched The Lion King franchise when they had a female protagonist (Simba’s daughter) in The Lion King 2, which was nowhere near as successful as The Lion King.

    Hence, your conclusion that Star Wars was going to have female protagonists after Disney acquired Lucasfilm couldn’t be more rubbish.

    The reason why Star Wars has been attacked by aggressive feminist ideology is because the Lucasfilm President since 2012, Kathleen Kennedy, is a feminist and she has ruined Star Wars movies since The Force Awakens because of her feminist agenda.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    How has the feminist movement hurt your life in any way @Mamoon? You are coming across as one of these incel types who is scared of girls.

    Anyway, the idea that Palpatine is back is gaining traction.
    I have no issues with feminism. None at all. My point is that feminism should not ruin existing franchises with their movement. As I said earlier, would it be okay if an anti-feminist takes over the Tomb Raider franchise and turns Lara Croft into Lincoln Croft?

    Would it be okay if Mulan is rebooted with a male lead?

    Why not make a different movie with strong female characters and leads?

    I presume you are also okay with the fact that the next James Bond will be a female.

    I think it is utterly ridiculous, and not because I don’t think a female can be a special agent, but because James Bond was not written as a female character.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The final trailer is out.

    It’s pretty awesome.
    OK im convinced Rey is Anakin in some form or another. I sensed it when C3PO looks at them all and says:
    "Im taking one last look sir" and camera focuses on Rey. She is Anakin for sure.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I am not going to feed your insecurities by trading cheap insults. Save me the bait. I however will point out that you are emphatically wrong about the sweeping statement that “every protagonist in Disney movies has been a female”.

    .
    Save you the bait? You sure took a massive bite given the rest of your spiel.

    I give it a few more days before you admit you have not seen the entire Star Wars saga.

    Go back and read up on Disney movies, and lead characters, once you are done lifting opinions from IMDB.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    When the 1,2, & 3 were announced, I was so looking forward to the development of Darth Vader. Of course that turned out to be an epic disaster. What did we get? Anakin transforms into Darth Vader like microwave popcorn towards the end of the 3rd part.

    Massive massive lost opportunity.
    Even now the Palpatine angle looks like it has been thrown in just to get more ticket sales, no actual thought process behind it.

    Palpatine should have made a shock appearance at the end of the 2nd movie, and he should have committed a major character murder of someone to add some kind of serious drama. The whole of the 3rd movie should have had Palpatine as a the prime antagonist and then you could worry about the return of Anakin. At the moment, I fear we will have 2 hours of Rey and Kylo Ren fighting and cuddling plus the Asian girl and the Black character appeasing 21st century feminist and pro black fans, and then 15 minutes at the end when Palpatine appears.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lets decode this...

    "Long have i waited, but now your coming together is your undoing".

    Cryptic words from Palpatine but they are the key to everything.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Even now the Palpatine angle looks like it has been thrown in just to get more ticket sales, no actual thought process behind it.

    Palpatine should have made a shock appearance at the end of the 2nd movie, and he should have committed a major character murder of someone to add some kind of serious drama. The whole of the 3rd movie should have had Palpatine as a the prime antagonist and then you could worry about the return of Anakin. At the moment, I fear we will have 2 hours of Rey and Kylo Ren fighting and cuddling plus the Asian girl and the Black character appeasing 21st century feminist and pro black fans, and then 15 minutes at the end when Palpatine appears.
    True, anything over that cringe worthy love affair has got to be good!

    Also true that there's a lot of token entries due to politics what not, but Disney and female protagonists is a sure fire bet, a winning formula time and time again.

    I think the real problem here is over exposure. Disney are ramping out a Star Wars movie almost every year and its killing quality. This is not a Star Wars specific though, in the age of CGI, writers can now fill in the blanks with effects, instead of story and dialogue.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Save you the bait? You sure took a massive bite given the rest of your spiel.

    I give it a few more days before you admit you have not seen the entire Star Wars saga.

    Go back and read up on Disney movies, and lead characters, once you are done lifting opinions from IMDB.
    It is okay to be wrong and I can understand your humiliation, but don’t make it worse for yourself by digging a hole.

    Let’s revisit what you said:

    You said that “every protagonist in Disney movies has been a female“.

    I proved you wrong by providing you with a list of Disney movies with male protagonists.

    I have seen all the Star Wars movies. Unfortunately, you have missed out on plenty of Disney classics which is why you think that all Disney movies have female protagonists.

    Furthermore, it is okay to google stuff.

    If you would have actually used google instead of making up stuff that has been successfully debunked, you would have known that:

    (1) Not all Disney movies have female protagonists

    (2) Female protagonist policy is the not the reason for Disney’s success

    (3) The current President of Lucasfilm is a feminist who has influenced the Star Wars series with her feminism

    Please sit down and note the list of male protagonist Disney movies that you were complete unaware of until I educated you. They are all wonderful and I am sure you will enjoy them.

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    25,822
    Mentioned
    660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hopefully one last time.. Last Jedi was pretty terrible.

    After Force awakens and Rogue one my expectations with Last jedi were huge, anyhow will watch this, hoping they do a better job

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Googled
    More damage control and Google nonsense.

    At least read properly before wasting time, you missed out the context of Disney's success model, like I said, you will undermine your argument any time soon.

    Come back when you have watched all the Star Wars movies and read up on Disney. Picking Lion King as your Trump card is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

    I see you concede your opinions are lifted from Google, we are getting there!


  53. #53
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    30,011
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Even now the Palpatine angle looks like it has been thrown in just to get more ticket sales, no actual thought process behind it.

    Palpatine should have made a shock appearance at the end of the 2nd movie, and he should have committed a major character murder of someone to add some kind of serious drama. The whole of the 3rd movie should have had Palpatine as a the prime antagonist and then you could worry about the return of Anakin. At the moment, I fear we will have 2 hours of Rey and Kylo Ren fighting and cuddling plus the Asian girl and the Black character appeasing 21st century feminist and pro black fans, and then 15 minutes at the end when Palpatine appears.
    I expect to see the appearance of Asian or Muslim hero characters at some point, but they will be female, thereby ticking most of the PC boxes. This might be acceptable to the mass film watching audience for this current era.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I expect to see the appearance of Asian or Muslim hero characters at some point, but they will be female, thereby ticking most of the PC boxes. This might be acceptable to the mass film watching audience for this current era.
    Characters or actors? [Riz Ahmed is a step closer as an actor!]

  55. #55
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    30,011
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Characters or actors? [Riz Ahmed is a step closer as an actor!]
    Riz has played either specialist roles or secondary ones in the blockbusters. Don't think the world is quite ready yet to see an iconic hero role played by an ethnic yet, that's why after all the talk of Idris Elba being the first black Bond, they went for a woman instead. Also seeing lots of female superheroines coming to the fore in the last 10 years, so I think we may see an Asian female in there soon.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  56. #56
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Riz has played either specialist roles or secondary ones in the blockbusters. Don't think the world is quite ready yet to see an iconic hero role played by an ethnic yet, that's why after all the talk of Idris Elba being the first black Bond, they went for a woman instead. Also seeing lots of female superheroines coming to the fore in the last 10 years, so I think we may see an Asian female in there soon.
    Ahh ok.

    I think the real issue with James Bond is the next one is black.

    I thought the new Aladdin was a reasonable attempt at realism though, Will Smith depicting an Arabian character.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The addition of Palpatine in the rise of Skywalker is like WWE adding someone like Stone cold or Hulk Hogan in the last 2-3 weeks of Wrestlemania to build up the event using an ex, megastar legend.

    Im afraid Disney's attempt to reinvent the franchise and stake their own claim in it by stamping their own character arcs has been a fail. Palpatine will have to save Star Wars or the franchise will die.

    What was the point of adding Yoda just so that all the kids could get excited to see a small green teddy bear? These are serious players of the galactic Galaxy arc and Disney are making fun of them by just adding them as novelties.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side point, is it worth buying the UCS Star Wars Lego sets? Thinking of buying 2, one to build, one to sell in the future!

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    The addition of Palpatine in the rise of Skywalker is like WWE adding someone like Stone cold or Hulk Hogan in the last 2-3 weeks of Wrestlemania to build up the event using an ex, megastar legend.

    Im afraid Disney's attempt to reinvent the franchise and stake their own claim in it by stamping their own character arcs has been a fail. Palpatine will have to save Star Wars or the franchise will die.

    What was the point of adding Yoda just so that all the kids could get excited to see a small green teddy bear? These are serious players of the galactic Galaxy arc and Disney are making fun of them by just adding them as novelties.
    Jar Jar Binks, the most annoying character of ALL TIME - was created for the sole purpose of selling more toys.

    I watched Episode VII - The Force Awakens, the galactic Galaxy arc you mention, was closer to a parallel universe than an arc. VII was pretty much a New Hope rehash. Issue is not Disney per se, it is the story writing. When you have CGI to fill the gaps, dialogue and story development go out the window.

    I guess there's an infinite time one can flog a dead horse.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Jar Jar Binks, the most annoying character of ALL TIME - was created for the sole purpose of selling more toys.

    I watched Episode VII - The Force Awakens, the galactic Galaxy arc you mention, was closer to a parallel universe than an arc. VII was pretty much a New Hope rehash. Issue is not Disney per se, it is the story writing. When you have CGI to fill the gaps, dialogue and story development go out the window.

    I guess there's an infinite time one can flog a dead horse.
    I didnt clarify the Yoda point. I meant what was the point of adding yoda in the last jedi if he is just going to emerge as a force ghost who encourages the light side but doesnt actually matter?

    Rey, Ren and Finn are weak characters. Disney couldnt create a single character that could challenge the importance of even R2 D2. Disney's Luke Skywalker is pretty dull too.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a theory that it wasnt Palpatine who was in the moving life support throne. I believe it is Darth Plageus. There is a reason why the trailer doesn't actually unveil Palpatine besides his voice and imagination.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I didnt clarify the Yoda point. I meant what was the point of adding yoda in the last jedi if he is just going to emerge as a force ghost who encourages the light side but doesnt actually matter?

    Rey, Ren and Finn are weak characters. Disney couldnt create a single character that could challenge the importance of even R2 D2. Disney's Luke Skywalker is pretty dull too.
    is it confirmed Yoda will emerge as a force? If true, then I agree with you, what is the damn point given it would make sense to give this Star Wars arc a proper send off!

    Ren I just do not understand. He is as insecure as they come, very annoying. Rey I enjoyed. Finn, definitely weak.

    I get the feeling when Harrison Ford decided he wanted his character to die in VII, he knew what he was doing.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I have no issues with feminism. None at all. My point is that feminism should not ruin existing franchises with their movement. As I said earlier, would it be okay if an anti-feminist takes over the Tomb Raider franchise and turns Lara Croft into Lincoln Croft?

    Would it be okay if Mulan is rebooted with a male lead?

    Why not make a different movie with strong female characters and leads?

    I presume you are also okay with the fact that the next James Bond will be a female.


    I think it is utterly ridiculous, and not because I don’t think a female can be a special agent, but because James Bond was not written as a female character.
    If this happens, Bond will be promoted to M and a woman named Chastity Goodthighs or something will take up the vacant 007 position in the Kill squad. I am fine with it. Same as I would be fine if Bond is played by a black man or desi man next.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    More damage control and Google nonsense.

    At least read properly before wasting time, you missed out the context of Disney's success model, like I said, you will undermine your argument any time soon.

    Come back when you have watched all the Star Wars movies and read up on Disney. Picking Lion King as your Trump card is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

    I see you concede your opinions are lifted from Google, we are getting there!

    Damage control? By Google nonsense, you mean facts unlike the myths you pulled out of your backside?

    Read properly? I did read properly and I did not miss any context. There is no context to myths and false information.

    You clearly stated that ”every protagonist in Disney movies has been a female“, and I provided you with a list of Disney films with male protagonists, effectively proving that your statement was nothing more than a load of horse manure. Perhaps you don’t understand what “every” means.

    It is not about The Lion King only. As I said, I provided you with a list of films. I emphasized on The Lion King because they made the sequel with a female protagonist and it didn’t work, which again proved that your second statement “Disney’s success model is built on female protagonists” was also a load of horse manure.

    Since getting schooled for free, you have been digging like a Caterpillar excavator. It appears that your ego is not allowing you to take it on the chin and you want to have the last word in spite of the fact that your argument has been completely destroyed. I am fine that - go on, have the last word.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 23rd October 2019 at 00:08.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    If this happens, Bond will be promoted to M and a woman named Chastity Goodthighs or something will take up the vacant 007 position in the Kill squad. I am fine with it. Same as I would be fine if Bond is played by a black man or desi man next.
    I have to disagree. Ian Fleming did not create James Bond as a black or a desi person. Instead of disrespecting him decades after his death by bastardizing his creation, why not create a new character? I would actually pay to watch a secret service agent who is also a member of LGBQT community, but I have no appreciation for adulterant someone else’s work for political correctness.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A female Bond means fundamentally changing the Bond character.

    What next? A female playing Jesus?

    Some characters mustn't be changed, while other characters can.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    13,595
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Lets decode this...

    "Long have i waited, but now your coming together is your undoing".

    Cryptic words from Palpatine but they are the key to everything.
    Rey and Ben combine and Palpatine feeds of their force to strengthen himself?

  68. #68
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    291
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah man, I had a geek fit of glee when I saw the Ghost next to the Millenium Falcon in the scene with the Resistance fleet of ships, which seems to include both Rebels and space pirates. I'd imagine Jacen Syndulla and Chopper are on the Ghost with their own crew.

    Was so happy to hear Dennis Lawson is back as Wedge Antilles too.

    I've booked my midnight showing tickets.

    "The force will be with you..." - Luke
    "Always." - Leia

    Luke and Leia as force ghosts to help Rey. Calling it now.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I have to disagree. Ian Fleming did not create James Bond as a black or a desi person. Instead of disrespecting him decades after his death by bastardizing his creation, why not create a new character? I would actually pay to watch a secret service agent who is also a member of LGBQT community, but I have no appreciation for adulterant someone else’s work for political correctness.
    Did you read my post? She will be a new character designated 007 after Bond retires from active service.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,238
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Riz has played either specialist roles or secondary ones in the blockbusters. Don't think the world is quite ready yet to see an iconic hero role played by an ethnic yet, that's why after all the talk of Idris Elba being the first black Bond, they went for a woman instead. Also seeing lots of female superheroines coming to the fore in the last 10 years, so I think we may see an Asian female in there soon.

    I think Idris is too old now. I’d go for Chiwetel Ejiofor.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Did you read my post? She will be a new character designated 007 after Bond retires from active service.
    Why should Bond retire from active service? Just so that we can maintain political correctness?

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    1,188
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have issues with a Jane Bond, but I don’t have an issue with a female 007 character. People are confusing the two. Expanding the universe by retiring bond and introducing a new 007 is not a bad thing.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Why should Bond retire from active service? Just so that we can maintain political correctness?
    Look if you don’t truly watch Star Wars, the least you can do is derail the thread completely by adding this kind of discussion.

    The thread title is TROS and nothing you have contributed makes sense to it. This isn’t a general Star Wars discussion thread

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    1,188
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Why should Bond retire from active service? Just so that we can maintain political correctness?
    Not for political correctness but for something different. We have had 20 odd films about James Bond. Time for something different.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    1,188
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to know more about Snook and it will be interesting to see how they fit Palpatine into the story, since he is supposed to be dead. Hopefully something believable without ruining it.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Look if you don’t truly watch Star Wars, the least you can do is derail the thread completely by adding this kind of discussion.

    The thread title is TROS and nothing you have contributed makes sense to it. This isn’t a general Star Wars discussion thread
    Please refer to post #27.

    I clearly established that I am not interested in detailing the thread further. However, Robert and others quoted me and I replied.

    Instead of asking me to not derail the thread, please direct your rant to the posters who are actually derailing it.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Look if you don’t truly watch Star Wars, the least you can do is derail the thread completely by adding this kind of discussion.

    The thread title is TROS and nothing you have contributed makes sense to it. This isn’t a general Star Wars discussion thread
    He is trying to get a rise. His contributions are mostly based on opinion pieces found on the net, and are designed to be nothing but controversial. He loves the attention.

    I guessed right from his first post he has not seen Star Wars but instead he picked up on a Twitter trend and decided to post it as his own opinion.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Please refer to post #27.

    I clearly established that I am not interested in detailing the thread further. However, Robert and others quoted me and I replied.

    Instead of asking me to not derail the thread, please direct your rant to the posters who are actually derailing it.
    Its pointless to argue with you because you are always apparently correct according to yourself. The least I can do is request the Mods to delete any posts that are derailing the thread into a general Star Wars discussion or a political discussion. If your posts are considered relevant and are not deleted so be it.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    22,419
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    I would like to know more about Snook and it will be interesting to see how they fit Palpatine into the story, since he is supposed to be dead. Hopefully something believable without ruining it.

    Palpatine, the man who learned how to cheat death from his master also died so easily.

    Don’t think he ever died or will die

  80. #80
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    87,892
    Mentioned
    6774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    He is trying to get a rise. His contributions are mostly based on opinion pieces found on the net, and are designed to be nothing but controversial. He loves the attention.

    I guessed right from his first post he has not seen Star Wars but instead he picked up on a Twitter trend and decided to post it as his own opinion.
    As a fan of both Star Wars and Disney, it took me no time to destroy your statement that “all Disney films have female protagonists” and that is why Star Wars has taken the feminist route after Disney took over Lucasfilm.

    If you had watched anything beyond The Little Mermaid and Frozen you would have realized how laughable your statement was.

    A proper Star Wars fan cannot appreciate the adulteration of the series because of a the blatantly obvious feminist agenda of the Lucasfilm President.

    The forced character of Rey is a joke compared to Luke Skywalker of the original trilogy. Well I guess people would buy anything as long as it is “Star Wars”.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •