[VIDEO] "I have what it takes to make a comeback in international cricket" : Zafar Gohar - Page 3


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 260
  1. #161
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,606
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Finally!! By the looks of it, the time has come. He has deserved this since ages.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,606
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Hope he starts and takes this opportunity. The Imad-Shadab spin duo isn't good enough to unsettle top teams so we must begin investing in quality spinners especially given the 2023 WC is in India.
    I agree completely.

    Shadab is good at breaking partnerships and also can produce the wicket taking ball. Would be a good option. He has worked in his batting immensely as well and can be a handy no.5/6. Hopefully he will get more games up the order. Not to mention he is the best fielder in the team. So, he is an automatic choice at this point.

    Imad doesn't cut it. His batting is decent but that is not enough I think. Fitness is a huge issue as well. He is so easy to milk for runs and won't be able to stop the flow of runs nor get any wickets when the team is down.

    Zafar should be our frontline spinner with Shadab taking the all-rounder role. That gives you two different spin options, with compromising on batting. And both are gun fielders plus two of the fittest in the circuit, which we can't overlook any longer, if we want to become a top team.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    12,042
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    Finally!! By the looks of it, the time has come. He has deserved this since ages.
    Missed out on 5 years of international cricket due to nothing but sheer incompetence from our selectors.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,796
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'll believe it when I see it. I don't trust the management with him, you never know Qadir might end up playing over him.

  5. #165
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,677
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont want to burst the bubble here i hope i am wrong but i dont find anything special in him but saying that i dont see any spinner good enough who turns the ball so he definately deserves a chance

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #166
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He won't play anyway. Our management are in love with Imad.

  8. #167
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,677
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad is not in the squad for tomorrow

  9. #168
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,675
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. I don't trust the management with him, you never know Qadir might end up playing over him.
    Now that imad isn't in the squad gohar should play as hes a better bateman out of the two

  10. #169
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    807
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's not gonna play its misbah

  11. #170
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,606
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I feel for the guy, I really do. He had done everything he can.

  12. #171
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    12,042
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is getting ridiculous now, watch him be dropped again after this series and not picked again for a while, looks we are allergic to playing genuine spinners.

  13. #172
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    37,395
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Misbah goes with four pacers and two part time spinners. Does he know where the next World Cup is being hosted ?

  14. #173
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    6,626
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Misbah goes with four pacers and two part time spinners. Does he know where the next World Cup is being hosted ?
    Even ignoring the World Cup for a minute, did he wake up delirious this morning and think he was in Perth instead of Pindi?

  15. #174
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,796
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Now that imad isn't in the squad gohar should play as hes a better bateman out of the two
    Hate to say "I told you so", but I told you so

  16. #175
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    16,612
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    he's not gonna play its misbah
    Many predicted this How well we know misbah

    Hes the only person in world cricket who would do anything but the obvious

  17. #176
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,675
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Hate to say "I told you so", but I told you so
    But I'd stil say if imad is in the squad then qadir should have played.if imad isnt in the squad then gohar should play

  18. #177
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,675
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Misbah goes with four pacers and two part time spinners. Does he know where the next World Cup is being hosted ?
    Misbah is clueless ifti who doesnt turn the ball even abit got five wickets we all know they struggle against spin but yet both didnt play poor planning and clueless management

  19. #178
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    12,042
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Zafar would have won you this match, there was nobody to apply any pressure in the middle overs after Hasnain's burst upfront.

  20. #179
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,508
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Brought in as replacement for Shadab Khan in squad for 1st Test - but will he get to play?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  21. #180
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    570
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he plays and takes 10 wickets but both are highly unlikely


  22. #181
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    37,660
    Mentioned
    3531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Brought in as replacement for Shadab Khan in squad for 1st Test - but will he get to play?
    No chance he plays - if anyone, it's gonna be Yasir. But I'm just glad Zafar is seen as someone who can be a replacement player in the squad at least!

    Hope that continues. For all we know, it could well be a Nauman or Kashif in the next series lol.

  23. #182
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    7,503
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully with Shadab injured we will not risk the god awful combination of Shadab/faheem at 7-8.

  24. #183
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    6,626
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Next to no chance that it'll actually happen, but I really hope he plays over Yasir

  25. #184
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    6,626
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In fact, this will unfortunately mean that he won't get the chance to play in the Shaheen's games and instead will be warming the bench

  26. #185
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    12,042
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    In fact, this will unfortunately mean that he won't get the chance to play in the Shaheen's games and instead will be warming the bench
    Exactly.

    Hasn't played a game since NT20.

    Feel for him.

  27. #186
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,751
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    In fact, this will unfortunately mean that he won't get the chance to play in the Shaheen's games and instead will be warming the bench
    This is exactly what went through my mind when i heard this news. Zafar's luck has been just terrible so far in his career.

    Misbah clearly planning to go in with a spinner (Misbah never drops Yasir) which is why he wants a back up, but it's coming at the expense of Zafar big time here.

  28. #187
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,675
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wont play if someone is to play it wil be yasir

  29. #188
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    24,826
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Brought in as replacement for Shadab Khan in squad for 1st Test - but will he get to play?
    No chance unless Yasir gets injured

  30. #189
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    24,826
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Thankfully with Shadab injured we will not risk the god awful combination of Shadab/faheem at 7-8.
    Tat combination is better than playing Yasir and getting your fast bowlers injured with insane work out

  31. #190
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    7,503
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Tat combination is better than playing Yasir and getting your fast bowlers injured with insane work out
    That combination is good but not the personal replace Shadab/Faheem with Yamin/Agha salman and then it makes sense.

  32. #191
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    24,826
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    That combination is good but not the personal replace Shadab/Faheem with Yamin/Agha salman and then it makes sense.
    True I rate yamin too. I don't know why he hasnt ever gotten consistent chances despite performing decently in limited chances he got

    I am not sure about Salman Agha's credentials as a bowler. Probably you can also play Zafar gohar as a bowling AR with Yamin

  33. #192
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    7,503
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    True I rate yamin too. I don't know why he hasnt ever gotten consistent chances despite performing decently in limited chances he got

    I am not sure about Salman Agha's credentials as a bowler. Probably you can also play Zafar gohar as a bowling AR with Yamin
    Agha if he is playing as 2nd spinner to support a main one. Zafar if there is spot for only one spinner.

  34. #193
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,508
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Could Pakistan do the unexpected and play him in the Test series?

    Name:  dd23710e-ad25-477d-90a9-770acf126bea.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  155.7 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  35. #194
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    7,503
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Could Pakistan do the unexpected and play him in the Test series?

    Name:  dd23710e-ad25-477d-90a9-770acf126bea.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  155.7 KB
    Hopefully no.

    He has not a game in months and will be seriously undercooked a bad game may put curtains on his career hopefully he debut vs Saf in pakistan

  36. #195
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,606
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Hopefully no.

    He has not a game in months and will be seriously undercooked a bad game may put curtains on his career hopefully he debut vs Saf in pakistan
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense to play him. Yasir is not going to be dropped, especially after he had the warm-up game and not Zafar. And one would hope that they are not that dumb to go with two spinners.
    Last edited by Arsal_AK; 25th December 2020 at 12:58.

  37. #196
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    7,516
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why not play yasir & gohar both?

  38. #197
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    7,503
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Why not play yasir & gohar both?
    Becuase we are not in Asia and no way NZ will make a spin support track

  39. #198
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,675
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Why not play yasir & gohar both?
    Why would you want to play 2 spinners in new zealand ?

  40. #199
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    37,395
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Not ideal conditions to make your Test debut but frankly I'm sick of Yasir's bowling in the Southern Hemisphere.

    Zafar simply keeping things tight and producing the odd breakthrough will be sufficient.

  41. #200
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    34,027
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Not ideal conditions to make your Test debut but frankly I'm sick of Yasir's bowling in the Southern Hemisphere.

    Zafar simply keeping things tight and producing the odd breakthrough will be sufficient.
    Even if he just keeps it tidy (below 2.8 runs per over), it will be a good performance.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  42. #201
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,677
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont rate Zafar but everybody is hyping him lets see ..not even sure how many wickets he has had in quaid trophy

  43. #202
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont see anyone hyping him. In fact all I hear is "I dont expect him to take wickets". Seriously? A test match spinner doesnt need to take wickets? This is a new one!

  44. #203
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    34,027
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoaibM View Post
    I dont see anyone hyping him. In fact all I hear is "I dont expect him to take wickets". Seriously? A test match spinner doesnt need to take wickets? This is a new one!
    He will come into play in the 3rd, 4th innings for sure


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  45. #204
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don’t see Misbah dropping Yasir.

  46. #205
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you dont expect to take wickets in both innings dont bother applying for the role of test match bowler.

  47. #206
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Don’t see Misbah dropping Yasir.
    I've read that Geo News claimed that he will be debuting tonight.

    He is a really good player for our teams mobility. Should have already been established on the test team, but he has a good chance now.

    If he plays, he should try to bowl his heart out and create chances. If not, he needs to keep it very, very tight. Should go at about 1 or 2 an over to apply pressure. If he takes wickets, he'll get a lot if confidence and will be able to take over the spot of the spinner.

    As far as white ball cricket is concerned, Shadab is a very poor bowler after his decline in form. He can't be the frontline spinner, so it will either go to Usman Qadir or Zafar Gohar. Zafar offers more with the bat whilst Qadir is more potent with the ball. Due ti Qadir's performance against Zimbabwe and him being close with Babar, it will go to him.

    Zafar should try to claim a permanent spot on the test team, and he needs to go to a better PSL franchise, one which will use him. Shadab backed his own bowling too much and look where ISLU ended up.

    Hope that KK get Zafar Gohar, he'd be an automatic selection for that spinner role.

  48. #207
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Don’t see Misbah dropping Yasir.
    Well he showed you!

  49. #208
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    15,183
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brilliant player. Should play every Test from now on.

  50. #209
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    727
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zafar gohar has been selected to protect yasir from a permanent chop along with being exposed on this bowling green of a pitch which will have very little in for the spinners, zafar gohar has been setup to fail by the management.
    I could be wrong but I don't see how spin will come into this on this type of wicket which has historically favoured seam bowling

  51. #210
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,796
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Never thought I'd see the day.

  52. #211
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,887
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long time coming. Hopefully he can put up a decent performance.

  53. #212
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    24,599
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The lad has his chance, lets hope he is the finger spinner that we have so desperately needed. And also makes me look like an idiot for doubting him.

  54. #213
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    4,307
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazkhan View Post
    Zafar gohar has been selected to protect yasir from a permanent chop along with being exposed on this bowling green of a pitch which will have very little in for the spinners, zafar gohar has been setup to fail by the management.
    I could be wrong but I don't see how spin will come into this on this type of wicket which has historically favoured seam bowling
    Has Abid, Shan and Haris also been set up to fail?

  55. #214
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    24,599
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazkhan View Post
    Zafar gohar has been selected to protect yasir from a permanent chop along with being exposed on this bowling green of a pitch which will have very little in for the spinners, zafar gohar has been setup to fail by the management.
    I could be wrong but I don't see how spin will come into this on this type of wicket which has historically favoured seam bowling
    But we will see if he has the flight and control.

  56. #215
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    6,626
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    More than 5 years since he almost made his test debut, Zafar actually makes his test debut

  57. #216
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    12,685
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So proud of him. WE WAITED YEARS FOR THIS!!!

    Most hyped I’ve been for a debutant (note to haters: I AM hyped. I’m not hyping up Zafar to be savior of Pak cricket, just glad he at least got the chance)

    Show em what you’ve got kid

  58. #217
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    727
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Has Abid, Shan and Haris also been set up to fail?
    Comparing apples and oranges

    I'm talking about the bowling and the pitch it has statistics that favour seam bowling , not spin

    The host team has gone with 5 seamers , we should have also gone with 5 seamer by playing sohail for yasir .


    An experienced swing bowler like sohail who can slog pretty well .

    Now if zafar has a stinker with bat and ball he will be discarded forever and evergreen yasir will be back against saf .

    This is the worst pitch for a spinner to make a debut yasir is probably over the moon he is sitting this game out

  59. #218
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    22,524
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Have rated him for years now


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  60. #219
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    22,524
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    More than 5 years since he almost made his test debut, Zafar actually makes his test debut
    Has it really been that long since that incident? That’s crazy. Time really does fly


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  61. #220
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,830
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His golden opportunity to make the most of this chance. He won't get another one so easily if he has a shocker

  62. #221
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,796
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He should pair with Yasir as our spinners for the SA series

  63. #222
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,375
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember kids: An ill-timed nap may cost you 5 years of your employment.

  64. #223
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,887
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The lad has his chance, lets hope he is the finger spinner that we have so desperately needed. And also makes me look like an idiot for doubting him.
    Might not be the best spinner in Pak currently on the basis of numbers alone but, with his ability to bat provides a better combination.

  65. #224
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    24,599
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Might not be the best spinner in Pak currently on the basis of numbers alone but, with his ability to bat provides a better combination.
    Batting is a bonus and an important bonus and when 2 guys are roughly equal then you go for the better bat. I am hoping to see a proper spinner, not some T20 version.

  66. #225
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    11,398
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    More in the team for his batting than bowling although I fancy Faheem to outshine him in both as he's probably too defensive for the pitch


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  67. #226
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,796
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Decent innings of 34 in his debut innings.

  68. #227
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    16,665
    Mentioned
    2636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    More in the team for his batting than bowling although I fancy Faheem to outshine him in both as he's probably too defensive for the pitch
    Which is fine - NZ themselves have only taken 2 wickets with spin in the last 7 Tests at this ground.

    It's lovely to have a spinner who is a proper batsman, rather like Shadab Khan. Yasir Shah has only reached 50 once in 64 Test innings, which is just nowhere near good enough for a spinner to be selectable outside Asia.

    I'd actually have gone for Mohammad Nawaz as my part-time spinner on this ground. A full-time spinner usually serves no purpose at Christchurch.

  69. #228
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    28,403
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Zafar Gohar SPINS the ball. Like he actually gets some turn whenever he bowls. Will be interesting to see him bowl.

  70. #229
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    7,264
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Played well and contributed some invaluable runs. Clearly needs to work on the short ball as it's a major weakness. However he looked like a classy front foot player.

    Could also play a role with the ball, possibly in the third innings.

  71. #230
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    85,763
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Great to see him finally given a chance in Test cricket.

    It's been a long wait but lets hope he grabs the chance with both hands.



  72. #231
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoaibM View Post
    Well he showed you!
    Your saying Misbah has proved me wrong by making an obvious call lol? Misbah has done nothing for me to trust him or inspire confidence in his coaching ability.

  73. #232
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    I've read that Geo News claimed that he will be debuting tonight.

    He is a really good player for our teams mobility. Should have already been established on the test team, but he has a good chance now.

    If he plays, he should try to bowl his heart out and create chances. If not, he needs to keep it very, very tight. Should go at about 1 or 2 an over to apply pressure. If he takes wickets, he'll get a lot if confidence and will be able to take over the spot of the spinner.

    As far as white ball cricket is concerned, Shadab is a very poor bowler after his decline in form. He can't be the frontline spinner, so it will either go to Usman Qadir or Zafar Gohar. Zafar offers more with the bat whilst Qadir is more potent with the ball. Due ti Qadir's performance against Zimbabwe and him being close with Babar, it will go to him.

    Zafar should try to claim a permanent spot on the test team, and he needs to go to a better PSL franchise, one which will use him. Shadab backed his own bowling too much and look where ISLU ended up.

    Hope that KK get Zafar Gohar, he'd be an automatic selection for that spinner role.
    He definitely deserves his chance. Always rated him.

  74. #233
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He definitely deserves his chance. Always rated him.
    He deserved many more chances than he has gotten. Had we introduced him to the team a few years ago, he'd have already become an established test match spinner for us.

    Really talented guy and I really hope he succeeds in every opportunity that is given to him.

  75. #234
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Your saying Misbah has proved me wrong by making an obvious call lol? Misbah has done nothing for me to trust him or inspire confidence in his coaching ability.
    I really dont think thats what Misbah is trying to do. To be perfectly honest I dont think he gives two figs about you.

    What has happened is he has proven you wrong and you are having a hard time with it.

  76. #235
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoaibM View Post
    I really dont think thats what Misbah is trying to do. To be perfectly honest I dont think he gives two figs about you.

    What has happened is he has proven you wrong and you are having a hard time with it.
    Why I’m I having a hard time about a player who I wanted to play for years play? Most people didn’t expect Yasir to be dropped. Don’t act like an expert after the fact and it’s not a competition about who gets every team selection right . If you want to play that game, I said Abid and Shan should be dropped, did they prove me wrong?

  77. #236
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    He deserved many more chances than he has gotten. Had we introduced him to the team a few years ago, he'd have already become an established test match spinner for us.

    Really talented guy and I really hope he succeeds in every opportunity that is given to him.

    I can remember him playing an ODI against England in 2015, he looked a real threat and never got a chance after that I think.

  78. #237
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    7,516
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoaibM View Post
    I dont see anyone hyping him. In fact all I hear is "I dont expect him to take wickets". Seriously? A test match spinner doesnt need to take wickets? This is a new one!
    Nobody is hyping him. He was always known as a smart gutsy number 8 who can be a very good bowling option when the team was playing with 5 bowlers.

  79. #238
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,375
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I can remember him playing an ODI against England in 2015, he looked a real threat and never got a chance after that I think.
    I think he got 2-54 with Root and Hales’ wickets but was dropped w/o explanation.
    Last edited by ManFan; 4th January 2021 at 03:22.

  80. #239
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    I think he got 2-54 with Root and Butler’s wickets but was dropped w/o explanation.
    I can’t remember who get out, but I remember him looking threatening. Flighting the ball and getting some turn.

  81. #240
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Why I’m I having a hard time about a player who I wanted to play for years play? Most people didn’t expect Yasir to be dropped. Don’t act like an expert after the fact and it’s not a competition about who gets every team selection right . If you want to play that game, I said Abid and Shan should be dropped, did they prove me wrong?
    Sometimes you do wonder who is worse, Pakistani or Indian fans. Give the man some credit for doing something you sad he won't. It won't make you a smaller person, maybe even just a little better. You know humanity and all that. Defensive to the last breath these guys!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •