Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

'War' against government will only end after its fall, says Fazlur Rehman

Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Fazl (JUI-F) chief Fazlur Rehman on Saturday likened his upcoming 'Azadi' March to a "war", which he said would "only end when the government falls".

"The entire country will be our war zone," he told reporters at a press conference in Peshawar.

The JUI-F leader has announced to set out on a long march against the government on October 27 that will culminate in the capital, where the party plans to hold a sit-in.

"Our strategy will not remain stagnant. We will keep changing it to cope with [any] situation," he said. He insisted that a "flood of people from all over the country" was coming to join the march and the "fake rulers will drown in it like a straw".

When asked whether he has been able to garner the support of other opposition parties, he said that he "hope(s) to see them" in the march. He added that since all opposition parties agreed that last year's general elections were "fake" and that a reelection should be held, they should all be "on the same page and same stage".

Both PPP and PML-N — the two major opposition parties — have been non-committal on the issue of participation in the march. The PML-N had urged Rehman to delay the march, while PPP chief Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari had yesterday said that he would hold a party meeting to decide "the extent to which [they] can help" Rehman.

The PPP had expressed unwillingness to participate in the anti-government movement because of the inclusion of the issues of blasphemy laws and Namoos-i-Risalat on its agenda. Moreover, both the PPP and the PML-N had also opposed the idea of holding an indefinite sit-in, as the PTI did in 2014.

Rehman, in his press talk today, said that while he was not afraid of being arrested, such a move would fan the protesters' anger against the government.

In response to a question about the government's claim that the JUI-F chief was "using" children studying in seminaries against the government, Rehman alleged that the rulers were trying to deny the students their democratic right.

Moreover, he claimed, the proportion of seminary students would be minimal, as people from every walk of life were joining the march.

"By taking up the madressah issue, you (government) want to garner international support," Rehman said.

"The prizes you [prime minister] distributed among students of seminaries was an attempt to counter us but it was in vain."

He urged the "establishment, bureaucracy and police not to back this illegitimate government and distance themselves from it".

"We have stated our policy. We do not want to clash with institutions, that we want to respect them.

"But if the institutions adopt a policy to clash with the people, then, if these institutions suffer damage in future, whose fault will it be?"

When asked if he thought that the "selectors" were disappointed in the current government, Rehman said: "That would be in accordance with human nature. Our institutions should be tired and disappointed [...] but it surprises me that even after such obvious failures and crises they (institutions) insist that they will back this government."

The JUI-F chief denied that there was any similarity between the sit-ins held by the now-ruling Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf, Pakistan Awami Tehreek's Tahirul Qadri and Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan's Khadim Rizvi, saying he was leading a march for "independence" of the public.

He was visibly annoyed when asked if the party was collecting donations for its march and said: "Why wouldn't we? It is our right, where else will we get money from? Why is there so much noise over this?

"We are not being funded by any Western country. We are asking our workers, friends."

https://www.dawn.com/news/1509144/wa...-fazlur-rehman

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “The beds are waiting for you in Adiala jail.”

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone needs to shut diesel for good. This clown was the minister of the Kashmir committee. What did he ever do for Kashmir? At a time where there is serious tensions in Pakistan this goofball has the gall to try and protest. What a disgrace molvi diesel is.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    “The beds are waiting for you in Adiala jail.”

Think each of his utterances make for good memes

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think each of his utterances make for good memes
    Can’t believe some people have trust in this clown.

They emotionally blackmail our society in the name of religion.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Mullah wants to use Madrassah kids to get NS, AZ and their progeny and kin to be freed from their looting. Noora hope lies with him and a corrupt Justice Isa.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Reminder of what 'Maulana' said in 2013.

Political ‘fatwa’: Voting for PTI is haram, says Maulana Fazl

Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman on Saturday declared it ‘haram’ to vote in favour of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan and his candidates.

Imran Khan, according to Fazl, is being sponsored by the West and the Jewish lobby.

Fazlur Rehman used every word that would foment hatred against any person in the conservative masses of Pakistan. He called Imran an agent of “Americans, Jews, Ahmadis and a person of ill character”.

A person who could not make his own children Muslim nor Pakistani, is dreaming of becoming prime minister of Pakistan and making the country an Islamic welfare state,” Maulana said.

The Yahoodi (Jewish) lobby’s money is working (for Imran),” he said.

I am asked, ‘what is the proof that he (Imran Khan) is an agent of the Jews,’ I say there is only one proof and it is my own responsible personality. I am so righteous that I would never talk ill against anyone. This is enough that Maulana Fazlur Rehman says that he is a Jewish agent.”

He went on to give a joint declaration of the clerics belonging to the JUI-F. “We the Ulema have agreed that giving vote to PTI is haram.

Anyone who casts his or her vote for Imran or to a person who is contesting election on the ticket on PTI is involved in haram and such a person is going against Sharia,” the chief of the JUI-F said.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/544667/...-maulana-fazl/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman on Saturday declared it ‘haram’ to vote in favour of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan and his candidates.

Imran Khan, according to Fazl, is being sponsored by the West and the Jewish lobby.

Fazlur Rehman used every word that would foment hatred against any person in the conservative masses of Pakistan. He called Imran an agent of “Americans, Jews, Ahmadis and a person of ill character”.

A person who could not make his own children Muslim nor Pakistani, is dreaming of becoming prime minister of Pakistan and making the country an Islamic welfare state,” Maulana said.

I am asked, ‘what is the proof that he (Imran Khan) is an agent of the Jews,’ I say there is only one proof and it is my own responsible personality. I am so righteous that I would never talk ill against anyone. This is enough that Maulana Fazlur Rehman says that he is a Jewish agent.”

He went on to give a joint declaration of the clerics belonging to the JUI-F. “We the Ulema have agreed that giving vote to PTI is haram.

Anyone who casts his or her vote for Imran or to a person who is contesting election on the ticket on PTI is involved in haram and such a person is going against Sharia,” the chief of the JUI-F said.

What a clown.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I spent all my life hating politics because of these kind of people. No matter how you view it, which side you stand in, IK has made Pakistani public aware of politics and that's another accomplishment for him as a person.

Wish he had more capable, honorable, and worthy people in his ranks to actually create a semblance of real change.

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon- join the march if you are a man.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    As someone who was present in Imran Khan’s marches and struggled with him instead of lending support over the Internet, you know it better than most people that these long marches are useless and only serve to make life hell for the local public.

Unlike you, I am not man enough to leave the comforts of my home and protest on the streets.

The way you quit your job in the UK to join Imran Khan on his long marches was most inspirational, but since I don’t have your guts, I will politely decline your challenge.

This government will fall because of its incompetence and not because of an Imran Khan style circus show by an opportunist mullah.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this pedo mullah always has something to say.

if imran was a real revolutionary he wouldve arrested all these fake mullahs and put an end to this religious farce.

secularism is the way to prosperity for pakistan, a divided nation barely held together by religious views.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-fraz View Post
    this pedo mullah always has something to say.

if imran was a real revolutionary he wouldve arrested all these fake mullahs and put an end to this religious farce.

secularism is the way to prosperity for pakistan, a divided nation barely held together by religious views.
    Imran Khan doesn’t have the guts to deal with the right-wing. People can say what they what about Musharraf, but Imran would never have the guts to launch a Lal Masjid type operation.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Imran Khan doesn’t have the guts to deal with the right-wing. People can say what they what about Musharraf, but Imran would never have the guts to launch a Lal Masjid type operation.
    But Billo and Maryam support him and you support them! So you want IK to deal with Diesel but you support him. I am really confused.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    But Billo and Maryam support him and you support them! So you want IK to deal with Diesel but you support him. I am really confused.
    No one supports him, but in politics, common enemy unites people. Imran himself was willing to form an alliance with Zardari of all people to topple the Nawaz government. He was also willing to collaborate with PPP and MQM to formulate TORs for the Panama Case.

He also welcomed corrupt crooks in his party because their vote bank would help him come into power, so please save me your lecture.

Toppling this joker government is the number one priority right now, and these temporary alliances are not surprising.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No one supports him, but in politics, common enemy unites people. Imran himself was willing to form an alliance with Zardari of all people to topple the Nawaz government. He was also willing to collaborate with PPP and MQM to formulate TORs for the Panama Case.

He also welcomed corrupt crooks in his party because their vote bank would help him come into power, so please save me your lecture.

Toppling this joker government is the number one priority right now, and these temporary alliances are not surprising.
    I am not sure what your comprehension is like but he has been in both their govts, they are desperate for him to get some kids shot so that in the ensuing chaos they can accuse IK of murder and get their crooks released. So tell me how are they not supporting him?
    I agree toppling the govt is number 1 priority as it was from the day Kaptaan took over, and you can get as many Madrassah kids as you like but you know you are going to fail. The irony is that you hypocrisy shines through every time, any thing anti PK and you support but the Kaptaan has nothing to fear because because he is up against losers like you, Billo, Maryam and Diesel. Do your best

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Easy to talk when you are not in a position (or are not capable enough) to be in a position of power. Everything thinks he or his family are saints when their resolve is not put to test. You have no credibility when your advertise your and your family’s honesty because you are not in a position of power. As they say, talk is cheap.
    Allah will decide whether we are honest, but My dad was poor and landless, and I say with pleasure and honour that we have never taken anything from our PK. You are ashamed because you are a beneficiary of a system that has not only benefited you against people that are better and more honest, you are also ashamed because you support this system against the poor.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imran has fallen victim to his own ego. he has always been a winner, be it with the ladies or sports.

but him relying others to help him win was his down fall. PTI wouldve never won during imrans life. lets be honest here. i dont trust the judgement of the average pakistani.

and im sure he finally realized this as well, so he looked towards alternative ways for him to WIN. i.e aligning himself with the military complex and marrying into a fake religious family.

under the guise of extremism he could've easily taken out all the mullahs and fixed Baluchistan. but alas imran has no back to speak of, and now even his words hold no meaning..

We should be walking towards secularism if Pakistan wants to prosper, if this happened even i am willing to invest into business over there. and sometime down the line move there.

but the environment for business there is terrible. and you have to think 4 times before you even buy a property.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Allah will decide whether we are honest, but My dad was poor and landless, and I say with pleasure and honour that we have never taken anything from our PK. You are ashamed because you are a beneficiary of a system that has not only benefited you against people that are better and more honest, you are also ashamed because you support this system against the poor.
    Like I said, your honor and honesty means nothing when you were not in a position to abuse your power. If you were a public office holder and wouldn’t have made a dime below the table, I would have respected your resolve.

Every man is a saint until he is put to test. People who have never worked in the public sector in Pakistan do not understand how corruption works.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    imran has fallen victim to his own ego. he has always been a winner, be it with the ladies or sports.

but him relying others to help him win was his down fall. PTI wouldve never won during imrans life. lets be honest here. i dont trust the judgement of the average pakistani.

and im sure he finally realized this as well, so he looked towards alternative ways for him to WIN. i.e aligning himself with the military complex and marrying into a fake religious family.

under the guise of extremism he could've easily taken out all the mullahs and fixed Baluchistan. but alas imran has no back to speak of, and now even his words hold no meaning..

We should be walking towards secularism if Pakistan wants to prosper, if this happened even i am willing to invest into business over there. and sometime down the line move there.

but the environment for business there is terrible. and you have to think 4 times before you even buy a property.
    Well put.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoy reading the comments of IK critics, their demands gets selective and to the point while ignoring the bigger picture.

entertaining.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kk1992 View Post
    I really enjoy reading the comments of IK critics, their demands gets selective and to the point while ignoring the bigger picture.

entertaining.
    and I the blind supporters. what big picture? you guys never provide any evidence. i dont have demands i dont live there. but i funded his broke a** for the statements he was making before going into power.

and he sold out. thats a fact. group baazi mein khud a gaya hai.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and I the blind supporters. what big picture? you guys never provide any evidence. i dont have demands i dont live there. but i funded his broke a** for the statements he was making before going into power.

and he sold out. thats a fact. group baazi mein khud a gaya hai.
    You forgot to call his supporter, "The Cult".

Takes time.

No politician in the history of politics has ever been able to full fill every promise they made before got elected.

No time to waste in indulging in a discussion with someone who do not understand bigger picture but his base and his supporters would definitely support him going against Mulana Diesel.

Everything takes time.

But I guess his critics believe he is a 'messiah' and he should have changed everything for the better as soon as he was sworn in as PM.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot to call his supporter, "The Cult".

Takes time.

No politician in the history of politics has ever been able to full fill every promise they made before got elected.

No time to waste in indulging in a discussion with someone who do not understand bigger picture but his base and his supporters would definitely support him going against Mulana Diesel.

Everything takes time.

But I guess his critics believe he is a 'messiah' and he should have changed everything for the better as soon as he was sworn in as PM.
    LOL yea we are all that naive.. ive been saying that for a while now give him some time. not once but many times. yet he never fails to disappoint with his dumb statements.

im not talking about fulfilling every promise, i am talking about how he has back tracked and basically bent himself over to win the election.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th October 2019 at 23:43.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL yea we are all that naive.. ive been saying that for a while now give him some time. not once but many times. yet he never fails to disappoint with his dumb statements.

im not talking about fulfilling every promise, i am talking about how he has back tracked and basically bent himself over to win the election.
    Dumb statements, what do you consider a dumb statement?

lol, did you vote for him? if you did then he did that before he got elected.

And if you did vote for him then you can't be this special.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)

The problem with the “give him time and things cannot be fixed quickly” excuse is that it is based on the flawed assumption that he is on the right track. He is not, and he is only making things worse.

Furthermore, these cult-members never elaborate what they mean by “time”.

1 year, 5 years, 10 years? It appears that it is down to the convenience of their cult-leader. Since he inherited a mess, he has a free run to take all the time he wants.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th October 2019 at 23:43.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with the “give him time and things cannot be fixed quickly” excuse is that it is based on the flawed assumption that he is on the right track. He is not, and he is only making things worse.

Furthermore, these cult-members never elaborate what they mean by “time”.

1 year, 5 years, 10 years? It appears that it is down to the convenience of their cult-leader. Since he inherited a mess, he has a free run to take all the time he wants.
    5 years, he was elected for 5 years.

Aren't you proponent of democracy?

Let "The cult" complete 5 years.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    5 years, he was elected for 5 years.

Aren't you proponent of democracy?

Let "The cult" complete 5 years.
    6 years (and counting) of failure in KP tells us that nothing is going to change.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 years (and counting) of failure in KP tells us that nothing is going to change.
    Sure, probably not, and until then let the democratic process complete and try to be part of it.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He would if he could get a visa to come into Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any man who profess to be moral person is the person to avoid just to be safe. Pious men are humble and they don’t advertise their honesty all over the worlds that we are moral, we are moral,....etc.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IK can never be forced out this way. Forget it!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Mullah should be behind the bars. Anyone supporting him should face the same fate as well. The reason why Pakistan is so behind in the world is because we have idiots like them in NA. Honorable mention goes to PTI as well as they supported same people too when they were in opposition.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    will someone plz tell me whats the reason of this long march or lockdown or whatever ? need to know the genuine reason.

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: All the opposition parties' in the Rahbar Committee have decided to take part in Maulana Fazlur Rehman's Azadi March protest that is due to begin on October 27.

The decision was made at a meeting of Rahbar Committee, a united front of nine opposition parties, which agreed on four points that demand:

(1)Prime Minister Imran Khan's resignation

( 2) Government's removal

(3) Fresh election

(4) Protection of certain clauses of the Constitution

Meanwhile, PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari is due to chair a party's core committee meeting on Wednesday to chalk out a future course of action including the decision regarding Azadi March.

PPP's Nayyar Bukhari also confirmed that his party would attend the Azadi March, but refused to disclose details.

The opposition parties are said to have finalised details including name of central leaders who would attend the march and locations from where they would join the protest.

Rahbar Committee

The PPP and the PMLN have two members each in the Rahbar Committee while other parties have one member each.

The PPP is represented by Yousaf Raza Gilani and Nayyar Bukhari but in today's meeting Gilani was replaced by Farhatullah Khan Babar.

Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and Ahsan Iqbal are the Rahbar Committee's members from the PMLN while Akram Khan Durrani and Mir Hasil Bizenjo represent JUIF- and National Party respectively.

Usman Kakar, Hashim Babar, Mian Iftikhar, Shafiq Pasrori and Owais Noorani represent PKMAP, Qaumi Watan Party, Awami National Party, Jamiat Ahle Hadith and Jamiat Ulema-i-Pakistan.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/250502-opp...ls-azadi-march

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    ISLAMABAD: All the opposition parties' in the Rahbar Committee have decided to take part in Maulana Fazlur Rehman's Azadi March protest that is due to begin on October 27.

The decision was made at a meeting of Rahbar Committee, a united front of nine opposition parties, which agreed on four points that demand:

(1)Prime Minister Imran Khan's resignation

( 2) Government's removal

(3) Fresh election

(4) Protection of certain clauses of the Constitution

Meanwhile, PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari is due to chair a party's core committee meeting on Wednesday to chalk out a future course of action including the decision regarding Azadi March.

PPP's Nayyar Bukhari also confirmed that his party would attend the Azadi March, but refused to disclose details.

The opposition parties are said to have finalised details including name of central leaders who would attend the march and locations from where they would join the protest.

Rahbar Committee

The PPP and the PMLN have two members each in the Rahbar Committee while other parties have one member each.

The PPP is represented by Yousaf Raza Gilani and Nayyar Bukhari but in today's meeting Gilani was replaced by Farhatullah Khan Babar.

Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and Ahsan Iqbal are the Rahbar Committee's members from the PMLN while Akram Khan Durrani and Mir Hasil Bizenjo represent JUIF- and National Party respectively.

Usman Kakar, Hashim Babar, Mian Iftikhar, Shafiq Pasrori and Owais Noorani represent PKMAP, Qaumi Watan Party, Awami National Party, Jamiat Ahle Hadith and Jamiat Ulema-i-Pakistan.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/250502-opp...ls-azadi-march
    Great news for IK, all the crooks under one roof, led by a crooked Mullah who can't even win his own seat.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post
    will someone plz tell me whats the reason of this long march or lockdown or whatever ? need to know the genuine reason.
    Abrupt stoppage of monthly allowance in briefcase.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam – Fazl (JUI-F) has formally sought permission from the Islamabad administration to hold the much talked "Azadi March" on October 27, at D-Chowk located in the federal capital's red zone.

JUI-F leader Senator Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri, through his counsel Kamran Murtaza, submitted an application on Tuesday to the chief commissioner Islamabad seeking permission to hold the march as well as security arrangements for the participants.

"The JUI-F will be holding the Azadi March on October 27, 2019 at D-Chowk, Islamabad, exercising its democratic and Constitutional right under Articles 16 and 17 of the Constitution against the incumbent government," reads the application.

JUI-F chief Maulana Fazalur Rehaman had announced one week ago that the party will begin its anti-government "Azadi March" on October 27.

The JUI-F chief had said that all opposition parties had rejected the July 25, 2018 elections and had called for fresh elections. "In this regard, the JUI-F and Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal have carried out 15 'million marches' in the country to raise awareness among the people," he had added.

He had said that participants of a meeting of JUI-F decided that on October 27 — the day celebrated by Kashmiris across the world as Black Day — the party will express complete solidarity with Kashmiris and with those demonstrations, a march on Islamabad will begin.

"This will be an Azadi march. Groups of people from all over the country will embark on this journey which will culminate in Islamabad, where we will send the government packing," he had said.

"We are not ones to disperse easily," he warned.

The PPP and PML-N, who along with the JUI-F had been holding near-daily meetings with each other to debate the anti-government action to be taken, have yet to indicate whether they will join the march on Oct 27 or not.

Interior Minister believes Maulana will not come to Islamabad
    Interior Minister retired Brig Ijaz Shah today repeated that he strongly believes that JUI-F chief Fazalur Rehman will not come to Islamabad for the "Azadi March" on October 27.

"Fazalur Rehman is a big [politician], he remained in politics throughout his life, his father too was a politician. In my opinion, as I say, [...] Maulana Sahib will not come, I do believe this because this is [politically] suicidal," he said.

The minister added that the Indian forces had annexed occupied Kashmir on October 27, 1947, and now "the JUI-F wants to hold a sit-in on the same date, reflecting that they are coming to annex Islamabad? At that time [1947] it was Nehru, they [the JUI-F leadership] would not like to join those ranks".

"I am hopeful that, God willing, they will not hold the sit-in," he added.

When asked if the government would show some flexibility in case the JUI-F wants to hold talks, the minister said that the government will definitely show flexibility. He added that there is not a single point in the demands of the JUI-F of which the government has not taken cognizance.

"No syllabus is being changed, no restrictions are being imposed against seminaries — in fact seminaries are being improved," he said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1509896/ju...abads-red-zone

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Stevens View Post
    This Mullah should be behind the bars. Anyone supporting him should face the same fate as well. The reason why Pakistan is so behind in the world is because we have idiots like them in NA. Honorable mention goes to PTI as well as they supported same people too when they were in opposition.
    What’s so crazy is that even the leftists / progressives in Pakistan are on his side. All in the name of stopping ”Niazi” and his ”cult-followers”.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Stevens View Post
    When did PTI support Diesel or corrupt leeches on their marches?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you’re okay with PPP and PMLN forming an alliance with Fazlur Rehman despite their ideological differences because it’s the pragmatic thing to do. Yet you don’t hesitate to write long essays on Imran Khan ignoring the Uyghurs even though that is also a pragmatic move. Honestly, your hypocrisy knows no limits at this point.
    Last edited by AdamM97; 9th October 2019 at 15:32.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamM97 View Post
    So you’re okay with PPP and PMLN forming an alliance with Fazlur Rehman despite their ideological differences because it’s the pragmatic thing to do. Yet you don’t hesitate to write long essays on Imran Khan ignoring the Uyghurs even though that is also a pragmatic move. Honestly, your hypocrisy knows no limits at this point.
    I write long essays on the double-standards of PTI supporters. Instead of straight up admitting that Imran doesn’t speak about the sufferings of the Uyghurs because he is scared of upsetting his Chinese masters, they make excuses like it is not a disputed are or they have no connection with Pakistan etc. What is the point of making excuses when the whole world knows why Pakistan is silent on the atrocities of the Chinese?

However, I do criticize him for not preparing himself properly when he is put on the spot by the foreign media. Few months ago when he asked by a foreign reporter about the Uyghurs, he got nervous and mumbled that “he does not know about it”, which is a ridiculously embarrassing response. A couple of weeks ago, when he was asked again, he said that “he will have talks with China behind closed doors”.

A better response than the ludicrous “I don’t know” card, but he is still not fooling anyone. The whole world knows that Pakistan does not have the leverage to have talks with the Chinese on what they do within their borders. I can bet that during his ongoing trip to China, he wouldn’t have uttered a word over the Uyghurs because he cannot afford to upset them while begging them to invest in Pakistan.

However, the world does not care about our strategic importance. They see our hypocritical stance on the Uyghurs and they will question us, so Imran and co. should find something credible excuse/justification instead of having their meek responses laughed at in the Indian media and elsewhere.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Azaadi March | PML N divided into two groups | Shahbaz refuses to follow Nawaz

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Incarcerated former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday threw his weight behind the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl's (JUI-F) 'Azadi March' against the government, set to begin on October 31, saying that he "fully supported" it.

"Our viewpoint is the same as Maulana's [Fazlur Rehman's] viewpoint, " said Nawaz while speaking to reporters at a Lahore accountability court. He was accompanied by his son-in-law, retired Capt Mohammad Safdar.

A day earlier, Capt Safdar had disclosed that the party supremo’s message to the workers was “they must participate” in Maulana Fazl’s protest. “Those who love the country will join the march,” he had quoted Nawaz as saying.

Nawaz on Friday recalled that Rehman had called for resignations and protest after the 2018 general elections, in which the PTI came to power. "We had convinced him not to take that course but I feel [now] that his argument was solid."

Not paying heed to Maulana's call for the march would be a mistake, he added.

Nawaz said that he has already written a letter to his brother Shahbaz Sharif in this regard, detailing the future course of action of the party, and expressed hope that the PML-N president would brief the media on it.

Differences within PML-N?
    Earlier on Thursday, PML-N president Shahbaz Sharif skipped “an all-important meeting” with the former prime minister in jail, fuelling speculation the two brothers had developed differences over the issue of joining the JUI-F's march on Oct 31.

Shahbaz did not go to Kot Lakhpat jail to meet his elder brother despite the party’s announcement that the former would present suggestions of its senior leaders to the latter regarding joining the JUI-F protest. The former Punjab chief minister was to announce Nawaz’s decision on the matter after the meeting.

A backache was cited as the reason for Shahbaz’s failure to meet his elder brother.

Sources believe that since Shahbaz is not in favour of joining the march, he “postponed” his meeting with Nawaz as he wanted to present “strong arguments” against the proposal to his brother later.

However, a television channel quoted Shahbaz on Thursday night as saying he could have different views on some issues but his elder brother’s decision was final and the party would follow it.

Later in the day, some leaders — including the son-in-law of Nawaz — declared that the former prime minister had given a “go-ahead” to the workers to participate in it to oust the “selected government”.

Nawaz writes letter to Maulana
    Senior PML-N leader Mian Javed Latif said that Nawaz had written a letter to Maulana Fazl informing him about the party’s decision to join the anti-government march.

PML-N’s Lahore chief Pervaiz Malik confirmed in a statement that on the directive of Nawaz, the party would take part in the march. “Time has come to get rid of Imran Khan’s fascist government,” he said.

The party’s spokesperson, Marriyum Aurangzeb, dismissed reports about differences between the two brothers over the march, describing them as a “malicious campaign”.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1510269/fu...s-nawaz-sharif

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Great news for IK-All the corrupt on the one page.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday asked his political aides to keep open a ‘channel of dialogue’ with Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman who has given a call for a sit-in against the government on Oct 31 in the federal capital.

PM Khan gave these instructions during a meeting with government’s spokespersons at the Prime Minister Office (PMO).

When contacted, a spokesman for the prime minister, who was also attended the meeting, said a proposal was floated that the government must reach out to the JUI-F chief to ascertain demands of his party and it should not go for a deadlock on the issue.

JUI-F chief will not be stopped from staging sit-in

It was also decided in the meeting that Maulana Fazl, who will kick off his agitation programme known as Azadi March from Sindh on Oct 27 and will reach Islamabad on Oct 31, would not be stopped from staging the sit-in in the federal capital, but in case protesters turned unruly they would be dealt with sternly.

“The prime minister’s response was clear that there is no harm in reaching out to the Maulana to avoid any deadlock,” the spokesman said.

The spokesman said the prime minister was of the view that the JUI-F chief was toeing the line of the two main opposition parties — Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP).

The spokesman quoted the prime minister as saying: “The Maulana is toeing the line of the PML-N and PPP because he is struggling for his own livelihood.”

The meeting noted that both the PPP and PML-N, which remained in power two and three times, respectively, had now reached a stage that they were compelled to seek help of smaller parties in the country.

The meeting observed that the JUI-F chief had used different cards on different occasions and this time the Maulana was using the religion card by bringing innocent students of seminaries to the sit-in, but expressed the hope that “this time the Maulana’s agitation plan will prove to be his waterloo”.

Meanwhile, federal Minister for Religious Affairs Noorul Haq Qadri on Friday clarified that he had not been tasked by the prime minister with holding talks with Maulana Fazlur Rehman.

In a statement, the minister said there was no truth in the news being run on the media that the prime minister had tasked him with forming a committee to look into the matter.

Media reports also hinted that Maulana Fazl would not be allowed to enter the federal capital and could be arrested in Punjab or Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

It is believed that the Sindh government, where the PPP is in power, will facilitate the JUI-F chief to start the Azadi March.

Maulana Fazal is expected to unveil the next plan of action after reaching Islamabad. Thousands of students of seminaries are expected to take part in the protest.

Pakistan Citizen Portal
    Separately, the PM Office announced that the Pakistan Citizen Portal (PCP) had emerged as an effective platform for redressal of public grievances, especially complaints relating to government offices where inordinate delay and apathy of officials hampered efforts for good governance.

Launched by the prime minister on Oct 28 last year, the portal received 1.23 million complaints from 1.173 million registered users so far within just 11 months of its existence.

According to data released by the PMO, most of the complaints received by the portal were related to municipal services (256,867 complaints), followed by the energy and power sector (210,259), education (124,362), health (71,562), law & order (70,066) and land and revenue departments (47,435).

From Punjab, the portal received a total of 447,921 complaints. Of these, 38 per cent complaints were related to municipal services, 11 per cent were about education and 10 per cent were about law and order.

From KP, a total of 109,806 complaints were received. Of these, 25 per cent complaints were made against municipal services, 19 per cent were about education and 12 per cent related to the health sector.

From Sindh, the portal received a total of 92,648 complaints. Of these, 47 per cent complaints were about bad municipal services, 10 per cent complaints were about citizen’s rights and only eight per cent complaints related to the education sector.

From Balochistan, 7,378 complaints were received and most of them were related to municipal services, education and health sectors.

The portal, connected with over 7,000 government offices, had helped address 1.057 million complaints so far and the rest were being addressed, the PMO said.

Several people giving their feedback seemed to be satisfied with the quick action taken by the authorities concerned to their issues registered at the portal, the announcement said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1510398/pm...with-fazl-open

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Police stations have begun taking riot gear out of armoury stores as law enforcement brace for a showdown with marchers scheduled to reach the capital later this month.

Islamabad has not witnessed violent street protests since the Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan’s (TLP) 2017 lockdown and riot gear gifted by the United States has been left in storage since, officials said.

They added that the police are now preparing for the Azadi March, announced by the Jamiat-i-Ulema Islam-Fazl (JUI-F).

Riot gear taken out of armoury stores so personnel can repair, familiarise themselves with equipment

According to senior police officers, all four zonal in-charges have issued directives to sub-divisional police officials to clean riot kits kept in police storage in their jurisdiction. They have also been asked to fix any equipment that is damaged.

The officers said that the City, Saddar and Rural zones have six police stations each, while the Industrial Area zone contains four. Each zone has 200 to 300 riot kits, and officials have been asked to familiarise themselves with handling, fixing and wearing the equipment.

The police last engaged in anti-riot activity against the weeks long sit in by the TLP at the Faizabad interchange in 2017, which almost brought the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad to a standstill.

The officers said a massive anti-riot operation undertaken at the time by police from all four sides with the Anti-Riot Unit and Anti-Terrorism Squad failed.

At the request of the capital police, the administration has sought assistance from the interior ministry in the form of manpower and finance to deal with the Azadi March.

Police and administration officials said around 10,000 officials from the police in Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Kashmir and Railways have been sought for the march. A contingent of Rangers and the Frontier Constabulary has also been requested.

In addition, Rs50 million has been sought to bear transportation, meals and accommodation expenses for the personnel, as well as to make other arrangements such as shipping containers to seal areas like the Red Zone.

They added that the budget has been estimated for manpower for a fortnight.

Earlier, the Central Police Office was considering requesting the same number of personnel and the same amount of money sought during the 2014 PTI and Pakistan Awami Tehreek sit-in, but that demand was cut short because the KP and Punjab police also have to deal with marchers in their province.

The capital administration and police have asked their counterparts in KP and Punjab to intercept JUI-F leaders, activists and workers in their limits along with any possible participants at the district level.

Deputy Inspector General of Police Operations Waqaruddin Syed told Dawn that around 10,000 officials were requested from Punjab, KP and AJK as well as an FC and Rangers contingent.

Meanwhile, the JUI-F will submit another application with the capital administration seeking permission for the march from Oct 31 onwards.

Supreme Court lawyer Kamran Murtaz, who submitted the same application earlier on behalf of Senator Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haidir told Dawn the march will begin on March 27 and reach the capital on Oct 31 or later. He said he will submit another application on Monday seeking permission in this regard.

Officials told Dawn the concerned departments are examining the application but a decision has not been made so far because there is no clarify. However, they did ask for the venue to be changed from D-Chowk because it is located in the Red Zone, they said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1510522/is...azadi-marchers

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fazlur Rehman warns govt against sabotaging 'Azadi March'

Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Fazlur Rehman on Sunday warned the government against creating hurdles in the way of the "Azad March" and said that the march will be peaceful.

The JUI-F chief, while addressing the party's Salar Force, comprised of volunteers, said in Peshawar on Sunday that his party workers have opted for a peaceful protest for their rights. "Our party workers and seminary students have always respected the Constitution," he said.

On the occasion, the volunteers presented a guard of honour to Rehman. They took oath of safeguarding the leadership even at the cost of their lives.

Talking about political support for the march, he said that all parties are on the same page. "The march will begin on October 27 to show solidarity with Kashmiris."

The JUI-F leader said he is "in touch with all political parties over the march".

He said while addressing the government, "We are peaceful people, we will not attack the parliament or the PTV. Unlike you, we will not hang trousers on the walls of institutions."

It is not only a political party, but the entire nation, which is coming to Islamabad, he said, adding, "We are seeking an assurance of peace against our message of peace."

"We will be able to sustain your baton charges but you will not even be able to withstand a mere puff of air we blow on you," he warned. "We will go forward as we have no option to turn back."

The JUI-F chief said that an "illicit government" had been imposed on the country through a "theft of votes".

"No one comes [to the airport] to welcome him when our fake prime minister goes on a foreign visit. The puppet [prime minister] has been imposed for implementation of the Western world agenda," said Rehman, adding that the country was going backwards due to the "incompetent ruler".

"The economy is sinking, factories are being shut and traders are in distress, while the prime minister in an effort to support the economy has now moved on from poultry and livestock to langars," he said.

KP govt responds

Later in the day, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Shaukat Yousafzai warned the JUI-F against stick-wielding, uniformed workers marching on the roads.

"When you are marching on roads in uniforms it means that you are erecting a force. This is a violation of the National Action Plan (NAP) and will not be tolerated," said Yousufzai.

"I know who is pushing Rehman; money is pushing him. He is threatening institutions, he is trying to use seminary students," the minister said.

The information minister added that the JUI-F chief was struggling to get incarcerated former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and former president Asif Ali Zardari out of jail.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1510638/fa...ng-azadi-march

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Cracks within the opposition ranks have started surfacing ahead of the anti-government long march as the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) on Monday sought a clarification from the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (JUI-F) over its act of supporting the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) in the upcoming by-election on a Sindh Assembly seat from Larkana.

President of the PPP’s Sindh chapter Nisar Khuhro through a video message expressed his surprise over the JUI-F’s policy of opposing the PTI at the Centre and supporting the same party in the province, saying this policy did not match the stature of Maulana Fazlur Rehman.

“I am daring to ask this question from (JUI-F chief) Maulana Fazlur Rehman. Are you with the PTI or against it?” Mr Khuhro said while alleging that the JUI-F’s Sindh chapter had made an alliance with the PTI in the by-election to be held for the provincial assembly seat from Larkana (PS-11) on Oct 17.

“It is a dual policy of the JUI-F to be the PTI’s opponent at the Centre and an ally in Sindh,” Mr Khuhro said.

He said the PPP was facilitating the JUI-F for ‘Azadi March’ in Sindh on the directives of party chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari. The JUI-F, he said, was getting all possible help from the Sindh government for its ‘Azadi March’ but was campaigning against the PPP in the by-election.

“The PPP Jiyalas (activists) are angry and frustrated because of the dual policy of Maulana Fazlur Rehman,” Mr Khuhro added. He said the Maulana should answer if the local leadership of Larkana was acting on its own and in violation of the party’s discipline or was it in line with the party policy.

Despite repeated attempts, no one from the JUI-F could be contacted for comments on the situation arising out after the PPP leader’s statement.

The relationship between the JUI-F and the PPP turned sour last month after the latter refused to join the anti-government long march and the leaders from both parties openly accused each other of playing politics on the matter.

It was the JUI-F which had first accused the PPP of adopting double standards on the issue of the long march, saying that on one hand, the PPP considered the long march unconstitutional and illegal and, on the other, it was extending moral and political support to it.

JUI-F information secretary Hafiz Hussain Ahmed had claimed that when the PPP faced victimisation despite creating rift within the opposition ranks in order to appease certain forces, the party leaders had come to Maulana Fazlur Rehman and asked him to launch a protest campaign against the PTI government.

Sources said the JUI-F leadership was unhappy over certain remarks made by the PPP chairman about their planned long march. The sources said the JUI-F leaders had taken serious notice of Mr Bhutto-Zardari’s remarks during a news conference in which he had stated that he was not participating in the JUI-F’s protest sit-in as he did not want to become a ‘moulvi’.

Speaking at a news conference after presiding over a meeting of the party’s core committee in Islamabad on Sept 19, Mr Bhutto-Zardari had ruled out the possibility of joining the long march being planned by the JUI-F.

“I do not want to do politics of dharna. I want to do politics of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto. Why do you want me to become a moulvi?” the PPP chairman had said in response to a question as to why the party was running away from the anti-government protest of the JUI-F.

The JUI-F chief had on Aug 25 announced that his party had planned a decisive long march towards Islamabad aimed at ousting the present “fake government” in October.

He then announced that the JUI-F’s long march would begin on Oct 27 and later declared that the participants of the march would enter Islamabad on Oct 31.

The JUI-F chief, whose party had initially decided to boycott parlia-ment after the last year’s general elections, has been pressing the other opposition parties to launch a decisive movement to dislodge the government, but he has so far failed to get a positive response from them, mainly from the PPP and the PML-N.
    Link: https://www.dawn.com/news/1510900/pp...-sindh-by-poll.

LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am actually enjoying the humiliation opposition is going through these days.

Nawaz Sharif "the GREAT DEMOCRAT", has said many times his regret is that no Prime Minister completes it's term in Pakistan. All the blind followers and some so called leftists also clap and appreciate the changed man and his new found love for democracy but what does he want to do next? Yes throw Imran Khan's government and send another Prime Minister home.

He conspired to throw Junejo government
    then conspired to throw Benazir government twice
    .....then apparently learned his lessons
    Once again sent elected PM Gilani home "after learning all the lessons"
    Then got involved in Memo gate
    ......then learned another lesson and became THE voice of resistance "The GREAT DEMOCRAT"
    Now busy throwing another elected government.

His excuses? Inflation and electoral rigging....well guess what? Inflation levels were even more than PTI gov after one year and Imran Khan had exactly same reservations about last elections and in fact filed many more petitions winning quite a few of them.

Yes go ahead and call them democrats
    Last edited by Waseem; 15th October 2019 at 10:28.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: A meeting between PML-N president Shahbaz Sharif and Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman has been deferred to Oct 18 (Friday) because of the latter’s engagements with regard to the ‘Azadi March’ preparation.

“The duo’s meeting scheduled to be held on Wednesday (today) has been put off till Friday to discuss a strategy on the march. Both will hold a press conference after the meeting to inform the public about important decisions regarding the protest,” PML-N spokesperson Marriyum Aurangzeb said here on Tuesday.

The PML-N on Monday cleared the air of uncertainty about its participation in the JUI-F protest, deciding that the opposition party will join the march whether it remains a rally or turns into a sit-in against the government.

Shahbaz Sharif had asked the party leaders at the meeting to mobilise workers in the light of party supremo Nawaz Sharif’s instructions to fully participate in the march of the Maulana on Oct 31.

Meanwhile, Shahbaz notified leaders against the vacant party posts as part of the PML-N preparations for the march.

Sheikh Aftab has been made senior vice president Punjab. Saira Tarar, Saud Majeed, Manshaullah Butt, Zakiya Shahnawaz and Amanullah Shadikhel have been made vice presidents in Punjab. Zeeshan Rafique has been made additional general secretary and Rana Arshad and Khwaja Waseem have been notified as joint secretaries.

Sheikh Waseem Akhtar and Malik Abrar have been made divisional presidents of Lahore and Rawalpindi, respectively. Chaudhry Abid Raza, Shahnawaz Ranjah, Akram Ansari, Abdul Rahman Kanju, Mian Yawar Zaman and Mehr Ijaz Ahmed have been made presidents of Gujranwala, Sargodha, Faisalabad, Multan, Sahiwal and D.G Khan, respectively.
    Link: https://www.dawn.com/news/1511115/sh...ng-now-on-18th.

LIONEL MESSI FAN

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Wednesday announced the government's decision to "engage with Fazlur Rehman" in response to the JUI-F chief's declaration to march on Islamabad on October 31.

The minister said that a small political committee has been formed "to get in touch with Maulana Fazlur Rehman", which will be headed by Defence Minister Pervez Khattak.

"We are a political party and are fully capable and willing to deliver a political solution to political matters," said Qureshi, during a press conference in Islamabad.

The foreign minister said that if anything the JUI-F chief says during the resultant talks "has political weight, we are ready to listen to it and if a reasonable solution emerges, we will accord that priority".

"It is not that we have any fear, I must lay stress on this.

"If someone thinks that with a dharna, governments can be sent packing then we have a 126-day experience in this [...] we are not novices in the matter," said Qureshi, with a slight smile.

He reiterated that a political solution to the conflict must be sought, explaining that Pakistan is now fighting for the Kashmir cause on international fora and a unified stance must be presented in that regard.

"October 27 is that despicable day on which Indian forces landed in Srinagar and captured Kashmir," he said, pausing to lay emphasis on the word to highlight the solemnity that must be accorded to the day.

He said that the government's Kashmir Cell had therefore decided to observe the day with due respect and in solidarity with Kashmiris.

"So we have to see whether we harm this larger purpose in pursuit of a narrower, local agenda," he said.

Qureshi said that the other consideration is that the government had just surmounted a great economic challenge over the past 13 months and brought Pakistan back to stability.

"When our government took over the helm of affairs, all the macroeconomic indicators were painting a very dire picture, whether it is the fiscal deficit, the current account deficit, the trade deficit, the investment levels, the unemployment figures, exports, imports, or debt servicing capabilities.

"So just now we have begun to witness an economic turnaround, and at this time if there is even a hint of instability, it will adversely affect our economy," explained the foreign minister.

He said that keeping the aforementioned factors in view, the government had decided in favour of political engagement. "Let's see what response we get."

Meanwhile, in a press conference in another part of the city, Rehman outright rejected any possibility of talks with the government "before a resignation is handed in".

"We have no knowledge of such a committee and neither have we been contacted," he said.

"Before any talks take place, a resignation is mandatory, so that the situation post-resignation can be debated," said the JUI-F chief. "No negotiation can take place on the condition of a resignation."

In a parallel development, Punjab Bar Council, Islamabad Bar Council and Rawalpindi Bar Council all announced their support for the JUI-F march.

A delegation of lawyers met Rehman at his residence and assured him of their full participation. "The current government was selected, is wholly incapable, and has failed us," said the lawyers.

The chairman of the Pakistan Awami Raj Party, Jamshed Ahmed Dasti, also declared his support for the march today, after having held a meeting with the JUI-F chief earlier.

He said the decision had been taken to lodge a protest over the continued "lawlessness, economic devastation, unemployment, and the woes of the farmers and labourers".

'Dark clouds of war dispersing'
    Qureshi, in his press conference, also spoke of the premier's visit to Saudi Arabia and his individual meetings with Saudi King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman a day earlier.

He said that the entire senior Saudi leadership, including the foreign minister, minister of state, national security adviser was present during the meetings.

"We presented Pakistan's standpoint, discussed the region's needs, and relayed Iran's sentiments to them," said the foreign minister.

He said that the crux of the conversation that took place can best be summed up this way: "I can now see the dark clouds of war and conflict that were looming above our heads slowly dispersing."

"Pakistan's number one objective was this: that we do not end up suffering another conflict."

We realised there was no easy solution to the conflict, which had seen many interventions from Pakistan and the international community in the past, said the minister.

"Yesterday's meeting was very encouraging and I believe the one thing we agreed upon was that a peaceful, diplomatic process will be given preference. And all misunderstandings must be resolved through dialogue," said Qureshi.

He said that a mechanism for a way forward is currently under deliberation.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1511188/go...h-says-qureshi

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi says he has often thought of joining politics, but shrugged off the idea as the time is not right to do so.

Speaking to the reporters on Thursday, Afridi shared his thoughts about Maulana Fazlur Rehman’s 'Azadi March' scheduled to take place in Islamabad later this month.

The former captain said he is not in favour of the Maulana’s protest and thinks “it is too early” to take out a march against the incumbent government.

“I think there is no need for any dharna. The government should be given some time,” he said.

The flambouyant all-rounder was of the view that Prime Minister Imran Khan needs support from both the opposition parties and the people of the country to resolve ongoing issues facing Pakistan.

He said the significance of lending support to the government further intensifies given the fact that Pakistan has been surrounded by its enemies.

“Imran bhai cannot tackle all these issues alone,” he said.

The cricketer said the opposition could hold their sit-in later when the government will have spent some time in office.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/251642-afr...ls-azadi-march

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan is possibly the best Pakistani PM in history. Not sure why Fazlur Rahman is trying to cause trouble.

LIONEL MESSI FAN

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If the Larkana by election is an indicator, this govt has nothing to worry about

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Following a protest by other opposition parties, Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman on Sunday stopped his party’s delegation from meeting Senate chairman Sadiq Sanjrani, saying a decision on talks with the government on the issue of ‘Azadi March’ of Oct 31 would now be made by the opposition’s Rehbar Committee.

The Rehbar Committee, having representation of all major opposition parties, will meet on Monday (today) at the residence of its convener and JUI-F leader Akram Khan Durrani in Islamabad to decide whe*ther or not they should hold talks with the government team constituted by Prime Minister Imran Khan.

The JUI-F chief on Satur*day had given a go-ahead to his party’s secretary general and Senator Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri to meet the Senate chairman, who as a member of the government negotiating team, had contacted him over telephone and sought a meeting.

Mr Sanjrani contacted Maulana Haideri hours after the two members of the government team made another request to the opposition to come to the negotiation table.

The JUI-F chief had earlier categorically stated that they would only talk to the government after the resignation of Prime Minister Khan, a demand which was rejected outright by Defence Minister Pervez Khattak, the head of the government negotiating team.

Talking to Dawn, PPP’s secretary general and member of the Rehbar Committee Farhatullah Babar confirmed that his party leadership had contacted the JUI-F chief on Sunday after seeing reports in the media about a scheduled meeting between Maulana Haideri and the Senate chairman.

Mr Babar said they were surprised over the reports as it had been decided in one of the meetings of opposition leaders that all the decisions regarding the anti-government protest would be made either by the heads of the parties or by the Rehbar Committee, which had been constituted in June at a multi-party conference of opposition parties to devise a joint strategy for launching a decisive movement to oust the present coalition government led by the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI).

On June 25, Maulana Fazl on his own announced that his party had decided to hold a long march to Islamabad in the month of October. Earlier this month, the Maulana first set Oct 27 as the date for the long march, but later deferred it till Oct 31, saying they would only bring out rallies on Oct 27 to express solidarity with the people of Kashmir who would be observing a black day all over the world against the Indian atrocities in occupied Kashmir.

The other opposition parties initially objected to the unilateral announcement about the long march by the Maulana, but later extended their support to him when the JUI-F took them into confidence about its plans.

The JUI-F has so far not disclosed details of its ‘Azadi March’ and its leaders have been issuing confusing statements in response to questions about a sit-in in Islamabad.

Prime Minister Khan on Friday constituted a seven-member team under Defence Minister Pervez Khattak to engage the JUI-F and other opposition parties ahead of their planned march.

Speaking at a news conference on Saturday, Defence Minister Khattak and federal Minister for Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mahmood on the one hand requested the opposition parties to come to the negotiation table and on the other warned that if the opposition parties tried to create anarchy in the country, then the law would take its course.

“The prime minister’s resignation is impossible. This will be an assault. We will not let it happen. Then there will be an action,” Mr Khattak had warned, adding: “If you don’t sit with us and talk, then we would have fulfilled our responsibility. Whatever happens afterwards, only you (the opposition parties) will be responsible for it.”

He said if the opposition attempted to create chaos in the country, then the government would be left with no option but to act and “make decisions according to the law”.

Responding to the ministers’ presser, PML-N secretary general Ahsan Iqbal in a statement sought to remind the government that holding a protest was a right granted to the citizens by the Constitution.

“How can those who themselves staged a sit-in object to a protest?” he asked, terming the talks offer a “two-faced move”.

“Imran Khan should first tender an apology to the nation and to Nawaz Sharif before talking about negotiations,” he said.
    Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1512052/fa...ties-objection.

LIONEL MESSI FAN

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    HK/Sydney/KL/Monaco..Home is Attock Distt, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Imran Khan is possibly the best Pakistani PM in history. Not sure why Fazlur Rahman is trying to cause trouble.
    Agreed, and i think its quite clear why he wants to cause trouble.

Alone we are Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi and Balochi...together we are Pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman on Tuesday said that among the various options being entertained by the opposition in their anti-government 'Azadi March' campaign is the "resignation from assemblies" by opposition lawmakers.

In a press briefing to foreign media outlets, Rehman said that the JUI-F will not follow the "126-day model" of the incumbent government and "will not tire its workers by having them sit indefinitely on some open ground".

"If we are able to reach Islamabad, our action plan will be different and if we are prevented from doing so, it will take a different direction," he said, adding, "It will then take the form of a 'fill the jails' movement."

The JUI-F chief, however, clarified that his party will not clash with any state institution. "Our fight will be carried out within the scope of the limits outlined within the Constitution."

The JUI-F chief remarked that the country's institutions "should remain non-partisan". "No state institution should ever blindly lend their support to the government."

"We do not wish to clash with institutions which is why we call upon them to reject the notion that the government has their backing," he said.

Rehman said that the government had "failed at every level" and saw no option but for fresh elections to put the country back on a democratic path.

Speaking of his anti-government march, the JUI-F chief said: "The 'Azadi March' is neither a sit-in nor a lockdown but a movement which will continue till the incumbent government is brought down."

A majority of opposition parties, including the PML-N and PPP have decided to answer JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman's call to band together and march against the government on October 31.

The opposition had previously refused to come to the table for talks with the government and had voiced a singular demand: the resignation of the prime minister. It had said that no talks can take place before the premier steps down.

In what is being viewed as a softening of JUI-F's stance on the matter, following a meeting of the opposition's Rabar Committee on Monday, it was announced that talks can be considered if the government allows the opposition to hold a "peaceful march" in the capital on October 27.

Today, after an All Parties Conference was held in Islamabad between local leaders of opposition parties, it was clarified that no sit-in will take place that day.

"As in other parts of the country, October 27 will be observed as Kashmir Solidarity and Black Day," JUI-F's Maulana Abdul Majeed Hazarvi said.

The opposition will hold a large demonstration outside the National Press Club, Hazarvi added.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1512307/re...-fazlur-rehman

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shows what this man is all about when he has dinner and meetings with Ajit Doval! He is another hired gun by India to cause trouble in Pak. Even their Gaurav Arya has admitted it many times. We must also do the same with freedom wanting Sikhs now that the Kartarpur border is about to open. Must not let this great opportunity coming up pass us by.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 23rd October 2019 at 02:29.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The government on Wednesday decided to let the opposition's 'Azadi March' protest in Islamabad proceed as long as parameters laid out by courts for lawful protest are not breached.

The decision was made after a team delegated to negotiating with the opposition presented its recommendations to the prime minister.

"It was decided that the Government, with its firm belief in upholding democratic ideals, would allow the proposed Azadi March, if it takes place within the ambit of law and the Constitution as interpreted in the decisions of the Supreme Court of Pakistan and Islamabad High Court," a brief statement issued by the Prime Minister's Office said.

"The prime minister believes in the democratic right to protest," a spokesperson for Prime Minister House had earlier told DawnNewsTV.

The protesters would be allowed to carry out the march as long as the everyday life of citizens is not adversely affected, as outlined by past judgements of the Supreme Court and the Islamabad High Court.

The news broke amidst reports that the Islamabad police was issuing riot gear and mobilising containers to cordon off sensitive areas of the capital city to prevent protesters from marching on to the Red Zone.

'Azadi' March
    JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman had announced in June that his party had decided to hold an anti-government long march to Islamabad in the month of October in a bid to topple the government, which he sad had come to power through "fake" elections.

The Maulana had first set October 27 as the date for the long march, but later deferred it till October 31, saying they would instead organise rallies on October 27 to express solidarity with the people of Kashmir, who would be observing a black day all over the world against Indian atrocities in occupied Kashmir on that day.

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday had constituted a seven-member team under Defence Minister Pervez Khattak to engage the JUI-F and other opposition parties ahead of their planned march. The JUI-F chief on Satur*day had given a go-ahead to his party’s secretary general and Senator Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri to meet the Senate chairman, who, as a member of the government negotiating team, had contacted him over telephone and sought a meeting.

On Sunday, after the PPP objected to the negotiations, Rehman had stopped his party's delegation from meeting Sanjrani, saying a decision on talks with the government would now be made by the opposition’s collective Rehbar Committee.

On Monday, after a meeting of the Rehbar Committee, JUI-F leader Akram Durrani told the media that the option of negotiations with the government is subject to the party being permitted to take out a peaceful 'Azadi March' on October 27.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1512479/go...mains-peaceful

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Diesel is a political ***** who will vote for Israel over Palestine if it is in his best interest

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LARKANA: Maulana Fazlur Rehman, chief of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (JUI-F), has ruled out any change in the schedule of ‘Azadi March’ “come what may”.

Talking to journalists at Gulshan-i-Shaheed Jamia Islamia on Friday, he said the houses of his party’s central committee members and those of provincial leaders were being raided throughout the country.

The Maulana said he was not hopeful about the success of talks being held with the government.

“If barricades and other obstacles are placed, it will trigger clashes. But come what may, the march will take place. No matter if highways remain closed for one month, we will move to Islamabad,” the JUI-F chief expressed his resolve.

He accused the government of harassing transporters, small shopkeepers and petrol pump owners.

About the ban on Ansar-ul-Islam Organisation, Maulana Fazl said it was an old volunteer organisation and part of the JUI-F since long. “I reject this notification and announce defying the ban.”

On one hand, the government talked about “threats to my life” and, on the other, it had banned Ansar-ul-Islam, he regretted.

Maulana Fazl said other political and religious parties had their volunteer wings like Ahrar-ul-Islam, Khaksar Tehreek and even the Quaid-i-Azam had Muslim Guards.

He called upon the government to “look after the armed organisations under your wings”, referring to a video which purportedly showed that Peshawar’s deputy commissioner had granted permission for such a body.

In reply to a question, the JUI-F chief did not rule out the possibility of a meeting with PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, whom he phoned during his stay in Sindh.

Read: Opposition has reasons to be wary of partnering with Fazl but unlike PPP, PML-N has nothing to lose

“As a gesture of goodwill I had called Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari to thank him for his support to Azadi March. I have not received any call from Bilawal Bhutto Zardari so far,” he added.

In reply to a question about the Kashmir situation, the Maulana said on one hand, the government was talking about tensions on the Line of Control and, on the other, it had decided to open the Kartarpur Corridor. “This two-faced policy saddens me. Why does the government not open the Tharparkar border,” he wondered.

With Maulana Rashid Mehmood Soomro, the secretary general of JUI-F’s Sindh chapter, at his side, Maulana Fazl referred to a recently released report of the World Economic Forum which had found a three per cent increase in corruption since the PTI came to power last year.

“The economy had nosedived, prices of essential commodities are touching new heights and people are living in abject poverty. So it is necessary to send him [Prime Minister Imran Khan] packing.”

Asked how a man outside parliament [Maulana Fazl] could call for the resignation of an elected prime minister, the JUI-F chief commented: “Both parliament and the prime minister are fake. They have no mandate.”
    Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1512988/fa...-in-march-plan.

LIONEL MESSI FAN

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Shows what this man is all about when he has dinner and meetings with Ajit Doval! He is another hired gun by India to cause trouble in Pak. Even their Gaurav Arya has admitted it many times. We must also do the same with freedom wanting Sikhs now that the Kartarpur border is about to open. Must not let this great opportunity coming up pass us by.
    The Maulana is an Indian agent lol? Even Imran met Doval (and Modi) prior to becoming PM - is he an Indian agent too?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    'Azadi March' protesters will not enter Islamabad's Red Zone: Akram Durrani

JUI-F leader and head of the opposition Rehbar Committee Akram Khan Durrani on Saturday night announced that the participants of the anti-government 'Azadi March' "will not enter the Red Zone" of Islamabad.

"All 11 of the committee's members are in agreement over the fact that the protesters will not enter the Red Zone," he said.

Durrani said the protest march will be held "on a road" and "won't be prolonged". "We will make further decisions as and when appropriate."

He reiterated the party's demands, namely, the prime minister's resignation, fresh elections, no interference from the military, and the protection of clauses pertaining to Islam within the Constitution.

Durrani also called for NAB to release all political prisoners.

He rejected the ban on ‘Ansar-ul-Islam’, the "militant" wing of the JUI-F. "All parties have such wings and it is beyond my understanding why this one was banned."

The JUI-F leader insisted that the march will be "peaceful" and called on the government "to open all pathways and roads in the face of an existing threat to the law and order in the country".

He said that the caravans of protesters from the southern districts as well as North and South Waziristan will be personally led by him.

Durrani expressed confidence that the marchers will be given a warm welcome by all districts that they pass through and said that people from Peshawar, Nowshera and other southern areas will join the caravan.

He said that caravans from Chitral and the adjoining areas will take the Karakoram Highway.

'Azadi March' to kick off in Karachi tomorrow
    JUI-F chief Fazlur Rehman himself will "lead the Azadi March caravan in Karachi at 10am on October 27", a statement issued by the party on Thursday had said.

The caravan will proceed to the Superhighway (M9) after smaller demonstrations will depart from the city's six districts and gather at Sohrab Goth, according to the statement.

The Azadi March will officially begin "after an address by Maulana Fazlur Rehman at Sohrab Goth" to show solidarity with the people of India-occupied Kashmir, the party had said in the statement.

Senior JUI-F leaders have been busy finalising arrangements, which largely include hiring of buses and other vehicles. A senior party member said that the number of buses had already crossed 400.

At present, Sindh emerges as the only province where the JUI-F finds a favourable atmosphere to launch its journey towards Islamabad after the remaining three “pro-Centre” provincial governments announced measures that do not sound promising for the right-wing opposition party.

According to a no objection certificate (NOC) issued by the office of the deputy commissioner of Karachi's East zone, permission has been granted to JUI-F leader Maulana Fatehullah, for the party to hold a rally adjacent to Super Highway, near Total petrol pump in Sohrab Goth.

The permission has been granted subject to the following conditions:

No secetarian speeches/objectionable activity which can create hatred among various sects.

No display of arms, sticks, or batons, or any article of such nature.

Use of sound amplifying devices will be subject to the West Pakistan Amplifier Ordinance 1965.

No road obstruction or disturbance to the general public and traffic.

The organiser will be responsible for any harm or damage caused to any person or property during the event.

The organiser is solely responsible for any mishap and will have to face the consequences.

The internal security of the programme is the responsibility of the organisers.

The applicant will abide by the orders of the administration and other law enforcing agencies.

The organiser shall be responsible for ensuring timings are strictly adhered to and that the situation remains normal.

The violation of this permit shall be seriously viewed and action taken within the relevant laws.

The organiser will be held responsible for the violation of the terms and conditions of the NOC.

Vehicles will have to be parked approximately 1km away from the venue.

The organiser will arrange walk through gates.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1513049/az...-akram-durrani

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: The Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam–Fazl (JUI-F)-led Azadi March started from Karachi on Sunday.

The caravan lead by Maulana Fazlur Rehman proceeded to the Super Highway (M9) after smaller demonstrations departed from the city's six districts and gather at Sohrab Goth.

The Azadi March officially began after an address by Maulana Fazl at Sohrab Goth to show solidarity with the people of Indian Occupied Kashmir.

A large number of buses and other vehicles have been hired to transport the participants of Azadi March. A senior party member said that the number of buses had already crossed 400.

The participants of Azadi March from across the country will gather near Tarnol before entering Islamabad on October 31.

Govt strike deal with opposition on venue

Negotiations between the Rahbar Committee of the opposition parties and the government were successful on Saturday as the JUI-F has agreed to hold protest demonstration at the end of Azadi March at Peshawar Morr in Islamabad.

“The Rahbar Committee of the opposition has agreed that the Azadi March will not enter the Red Zone and will hold its public meeting at the venue decided by the government,” Defence Minister Pervaiz Khattak, who heads the government’s negotiating team, said at a news conference after talks with Rahbar Committee.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/252926-faz...s-from-karachi

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    The Maulana is an Indian agent lol? Even Imran met Doval (and Modi) prior to becoming PM - is he an Indian agent too?
    People meet each other for different reasons. IK can be incredibly naive at times as we have seen repeatedly.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

At least the Maulvi has a sense of humour. And these losers are leading the opposition of NS and Billo. As i have said before they will do no damage to IK but they have totally destroyed the opposition.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Election to be held before 2020: Maulana Fazlur Rehman

Election would be held before next year, insists opposition leader Maulana Fazlur Rehman.

Talking to the media, flanked by Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q) leaders Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, the chief of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F) said that if the prime minister had resigned the protests would not have spread to the entire country today.

Rehman added that his party workers will block main highways across the country. “I would advise the provincial governments to let us exercise our democratic right to protest,” he told reporters. When asked if he expects national polls to be held next year, he said, “2020 is very far away. Election will be held before that.”

Meanwhile, Elahi praised the JUI-F chief for holding a peaceful sit-in in the federal capital. “The large sit-in proves that Maulana Fazlur Rehman is the only opposition leader in Pakistan,” Elahi said. “His was one unique sit-in, compared to previous ones, where bullets were fired and people were injured.”

Later, Shujaat Hussain also spoke to the media and revealed that he told Prime Minister Imran Khan that his office is an important one. “I told him that he should dispense justice. Our political party also said this in the national assembly that Nawaz Sharif should be allowed to leave the country for medical treatment.”

The PML-Q is a coalition partner of the ruling party at the center and in the province of Punjab.

As the press conference ended, Hussain quipped: “What is the price of tomatoes today?”

Rehman replied, “Rs400 per kg.”

https://www.geo.tv/latest/256670-ele...-fazlur-rehman

Right.