Indian Test match pitches are the fairest in Asia!


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 138
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Indian Test match pitches are the fairest in Asia!

    Winning or losing the toss has no significant effect on the outcome of matches and whether it's a rank turner or a flat deck, both teams are in with a chance. Just see the way tailenders were able to smash the ball on a day 5 track. Will we ever see such fair pitches in UAE or SL?


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    5,195
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As fair as ashwin's record outside india.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,704
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pitches in Bangladesh are fair as well. They start turning from ball one.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    3,279
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    As fair as ashwin's record outside india.
    Or you mean to say outside Asia because he did well in Srilanka, Bangladesh and also in Westindies.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    7,110
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Asian pitches are boring and dull. Nearly as dull as WI pitches.

    Only countries where test matches are fun to watch are England, SA and NZ.

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,636
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Winning or losing the toss has no significant effect on the outcome of matches and whether it's a rank turner or a flat deck, both teams are in with a chance. Just see the way tailenders were able to smash the ball on a day 5 track. Will we ever see such fair pitches in UAE or SL?
    Is this to counter any criticism which is about to come your way? Bit of a guilty conscience situation here, methinks.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  8. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Asian pitches are boring and dull. Nearly as dull as WI pitches.

    Only countries where test matches are fun to watch are England, SA and NZ.
    That is purely subjective though. Batsmen struggling on a fifth day Asian pitch is quite fun to watch imo. I find test matches in SA and England because even mediocre trundlers look world class in those conditions.

  9. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,617
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Asian pitches are boring and dull. Nearly as dull as WI pitches.

    Only countries where test matches are fun to watch are England, SA and NZ.
    NZ tests are fun? The pitches are flatter than Australian pitches after first day. Minnow team like Bangladesh can score 500+ easily.

  10. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Is this to counter any criticism which is about to come your way? Bit of a guilty conscience situation here, methinks.
    No it is not. Posters were acting that batting first is an advantage here and there has been no evidence of that or if the pitch favouring India particularly.

  11. #10
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    NZ tests are fun? The pitches are flatter than Australian pitches after first day. Minnow team like Bangladesh can score 500+ easily.
    True. Bowling averages in NZ are shockingly high if you consider the last 5 years. After first two sessions , NZ is the best place to bat in the world.

  12. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,326
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Asian pitches are boring and dull. Nearly as dull as WI pitches.

    Only countries where test matches are fun to watch are England, SA and NZ.
    nope. toss makes a huge difference in those countries.

  13. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    7,110
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    That is purely subjective though. Batsmen struggling on a fifth day Asian pitch is quite fun to watch imo. I find test matches in SA and England because even mediocre trundlers look world class in those conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    NZ tests are fun? The pitches are flatter than Australian pitches after first day. Minnow team like Bangladesh can score 500+ easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    nope. toss makes a huge difference in those countries.
    You are right it's purely subjective, I was talking about my personal opinion. I think in test matches the only series I have enjoyed in last 5 odd years are Pak Vs England , recent ashes and India Vs SA in SA.

    NZ pitches are flat now? I haven't watched NZ in test matches for ages now (time zone dofference) so I was talking from memories perspective. But if they are as flat as Aussie pitches then that's bad news for test cricket.

    I enjoy watching fast bowling in seaming/swinging conditions so my bias lies there.

  14. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,404
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about whether batsman are able to bat on 5th day, it's the fact that Asian pitches by and large take out the fast bowlers from the game, makes it unfair and boring. Fine, Shami took a 5fer today, but it's more of an aberration than norm. It makes the game very one dimensional. Plus our pitches don't have any character, look at sydney always spin friendly or a gabba always fast bowling friendly.

  15. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,386
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    You are right it's purely subjective, I was talking about my personal opinion. I think in test matches the only series I have enjoyed in last 5 odd years are Pak Vs England , recent ashes and India Vs SA in SA.

    NZ pitches are flat now? I haven't watched NZ in test matches for ages now (time zone dofference) so I was talking from memories perspective. But if they are as flat as Aussie pitches then that's bad news for test cricket.

    I enjoy watching fast bowling in seaming/swinging conditions so my bias lies there.
    You must have last watched test match in NZ in 2002.

    India in SA had pitch so dangerous that it almost killed several people.

  16. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    3,279
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    You must have last watched test match in NZ in 2002.

    India in SA had pitch so dangerous that it almost killed several people.
    I know that match Elgar almost survived.

  17. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    7,110
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    You must have last watched test match in NZ in 2002.

    India in SA had pitch so dangerous that it almost killed several people.
    Last I watched was when Sehwag was the only one who did decently. Not sure which year that was.

    3rd test India Vs SA was one of the most hard fought and best matches of recent times. I rate kohli's 47 odd runs in that match higher than most of his centuries. True master class of survival in those conditions.

  18. #17
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,326
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my favourite pitches are s.africa's wanderers and perth/gabba in australia.

  19. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,113
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Last I watched was when Sehwag was the only one who did decently. Not sure which year that was.

    3rd test India Vs SA was one of the most hard fought and best matches of recent times. I rate kohli's 47 odd runs in that match higher than most of his centuries. True master class of survival in those conditions.
    It might have been a great watch for you but I don't think any of the players want to play in conditions where if you lose concentration for a delivery you may end up needing a visit to a hospital.

  20. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    95
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    It might have been a great watch for you but I don't think any of the players want to play in conditions where if you lose concentration for a delivery you may end up needing a visit to a hospital.
    I like test matches in windies. Its an even contest between bat and ball. Currently the test matches happening in windies are the most exciting. Loved the last series there.
    Test matches in India appear boring partly because we know that the other team is going to get smashed almost all the time!
    Like it was the case with Australian side of the late 90s.
    Team winning all the time takes away a bit of excitement. You feel pride in their wins but you still crave an element of unpredictability.

  21. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    3,011
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Is this to counter any criticism which is about to come your way? Bit of a guilty conscience situation here, methinks.
    How many times do you see spinner having 7fer, fast bowler taking 5fer while bats from both sides scoring centuries and all in the same match? Doesn't really matter what you think or what any of us here thinks for that matter. The result is in front of everyone to see.


  22. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    5,757
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only Sri Lankan and Indian test pitches are decent.

    Where we play in UAE are totally anti-cricket.

    Pity Pakistan won't be playing tests in India anytime soon tho

  23. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Only Sri Lankan and Indian test pitches are decent.

    Where we play in UAE are totally anti-cricket.

    Pity Pakistan won't be playing tests in India anytime soon tho
    Sri Lanka does have good pitches but they definitely favour teams who win the toss and bat first .

  24. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a defensive thread after win on usual wickets.

  25. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,386
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Last I watched was when Sehwag was the only one who did decently. Not sure which year that was.

    3rd test India Vs SA was one of the most hard fought and best matches of recent times. I rate kohli's 47 odd runs in that match higher than most of his centuries. True master class of survival in those conditions.
    Kaptaan is an extremist who is ready to die for a win but cricketers shouldn't be required to put their lives on line to win a match.

    And I personally don't like watching people risk their lives.

  26. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    How many times do you see spinner having 7fer, fast bowler taking 5fer while bats from both sides scoring centuries and all in the same match? Doesn't really matter what you think or what any of us here thinks for that matter. The result is in front of everyone to see.
    Pacer took 5 wickets with reverse swing not because the wicket was supporting pacers. Spinners were opening the bowling for a reason and its not good for test cricket in my opinion.

  27. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So according to extraordinary point by OP, pitches in India dont deteriorate at all whether its a day one or day 5 proven by a solid fact that tailenders were able to hit few on day 5.

    Thats amazing as looks like all the captains and commies have been making fool out of fans when they said it will be difficult to bat on day 4 or 5 on these wickets. Kudos, for the revelation of the century.

  28. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,079
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no need of this thread bhai

    Some people will keep on finding excuses to discredit our team and players for their success

  29. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,617
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    You are right it's purely subjective, I was talking about my personal opinion. I think in test matches the only series I have enjoyed in last 5 odd years are Pak Vs England , recent ashes and India Vs SA in SA.

    NZ pitches are flat now? I haven't watched NZ in test matches for ages now (time zone dofference) so I was talking from memories perspective. But if they are as flat as Aussie pitches then that's bad news for test cricket.

    I enjoy watching fast bowling in seaming/swinging conditions so my bias lies there.
    They are not as flat as Aussie pitches. They are MUCH flatter than Aussie pitches. Especially after first day.

  30. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,326
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Only Sri Lankan and Indian test pitches are decent.

    Where we play in UAE are totally anti-cricket.

    Pity Pakistan won't be playing tests in India anytime soon tho
    nothing wrong with pakistan pitches or u.a.e pitches. You cater the pitch to suit your team. Pakistan have a pretty good record at u.a.e until recently. No reason to change the pitch to play what you call proper cricket. Opposition teams need to learn to play spin.

    Pakistani bowlers are also adept at reversing in u.a.e. That's one of the main strengths hence the good record.

    does s.africa prepare turning or low bouncing flst tracks when pakistan tours there?
    he'll no. it's bouncy and Seam friendly. Australia has flat wickets but it's extremely bouncy and toss matters a lot down there.

  31. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,326
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    They are not as flat as Aussie pitches. They are MUCH flatter than Aussie pitches. Especially after first day.
    Aussie pitches may be flat but they offer extreme bounce like rubber almost. Big difference. It's not flat low bouncy.

  32. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    So according to extraordinary point by OP, pitches in India dont deteriorate at all whether its a day one or day 5 proven by a solid fact that tailenders were able to hit few on day 5.

    Thats amazing as looks like all the captains and commies have been making fool out of fans when they said it will be difficult to bat on day 4 or 5 on these wickets. Kudos, for the revelation of the century.
    Good teams can bat on day 4/ day 5 here and even take wickets with the new ball. Saffers were simply not good enough. India have batted 2nd many times and won comfortably. Of course it maybe just because India are far superior a test side to the other Asian test nations who are barely above minnow level even in Asia but I'm being nice and attributing it to the fairness of the pitches

  33. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Good teams can bat on day 4/ day 5 here and even take wickets with the new ball. Saffers were simply not good enough. India have batted 2nd many times and won comfortably. Of course it maybe just because India are far superior a test side to the other Asian test nations who are barely above minnow level even in Asia but I'm being nice and attributing it to the fairness of the pitches
    That doesnt prove non deterioration of wickets rather a team which is brought up in these conditions negotiates them better.

    Taking wickets with new ball by giving them to spinners on last day? That doesnt look like a great balance to me.
    Last edited by Titan24; 6th October 2019 at 19:38.

  34. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,326
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Good teams can bat on day 4/ day 5 here and even take wickets with the new ball. Saffers were simply not good enough. India have batted 2nd many times and won comfortably. Of course it maybe just because India are far superior a test side to the other Asian test nations who are barely above minnow level even in Asia but I'm being nice and attributing it to the fairness of the pitches
    watch saffers complain now about the pitch being too flat. I am glad that elgar got wrecked.

    spin rank turners ? nah it's a farcical pitch
    flat pitch? nah too flat
    slow low bouncing flat batting patta pitch ? nah bounce is too low. I need it waist high.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 6th October 2019 at 19:44.

  35. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    That doesnt prove non deterioration of wickets rather a team which is brought up in these conditions negotiates them better.

    Taking wickets with new ball by giving them to spinners on last day? That doesnt look like a great balance to me.
    How did India score at nearly 5 an over on a day 4 pitch then when the Saffers could not? Deteriorating pitched helped the batsmen?

  36. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    7,110
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    It might have been a great watch for you but I don't think any of the players want to play in conditions where if you lose concentration for a delivery you may end up needing a visit to a hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Kaptaan is an extremist who is ready to die for a win but cricketers shouldn't be required to put their lives on line to win a match.

    And I personally don't like watching people risk their lives.
    I don't want to go into that debate but it was not as risky as you are making it out to be. Lives were not at risk and if it was that risky Kohli would himself have had took the decision to stop. It was a bad pitch no doubt but certainly wasn't risking anyone's life. I do agree that batsmen won't prefer to play on such a pitch but once in a blue moon when they get such a pitch and they play well it's remembered for lifetime. Eg Steve Waugh against WI and now Kohli in SA.

    Anyways let's not get into that debate because I know how such debates go and there's no point going that route.

  37. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    7,110
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    They are not as flat as Aussie pitches. They are MUCH flatter than Aussie pitches. Especially after first day.
    I see that's not good for test cricket. Slowly the game has become batsmen oriented. Probably more money in that.

  38. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,386
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    I don't want to go into that debate but it was not as risky as you are making it out to be. Lives were not at risk and if it was that risky Kohli would himself have had took the decision to stop. It was a bad pitch no doubt but certainly wasn't risking anyone's life. I do agree that batsmen won't prefer to play on such a pitch but once in a blue moon when they get such a pitch and they play well it's remembered for lifetime. Eg Steve Waugh against WI and now Kohli in SA.

    Anyways let's not get into that debate because I know how such debates go and there's no point going that route.
    I agree. Let's not debate about life and death situation. People have died when hit by cricket ball on field.

    South African's went too far trying to avenge 2015 pitch doctoring in India. Almost caused a massive tragedy.

  39. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,326
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    I agree. Let's not debate about life and death situation. People have died when hit by cricket ball on field.

    South African's went too far trying to avenge 2015 pitch doctoring in India. Almost caused a massive tragedy.
    nothing called pitch doctoring. Every home team is allowed to tailor their home pitches to suit the home team and that's exactly what s.africa did. South Africa just got beat by a better team in the third test. India is very good on bouncy tracks. You have to prepare swing tracks and win the toss.

  40. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    42,468
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The pitch wasn't too bad this time around. More of a typical subcontinent wicket.

    Last time SA toured, the pitches were completely unreasonable and started turning square from ball one.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  41. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    448
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    nothing called pitch doctoring. Every home team is allowed to tailor their home pitches to suit the home team and that's exactly what s.africa did. South Africa just got beat by a better team in the third test. India is very good on bouncy tracks. You have to prepare swing tracks and win the toss.
    I donít see how pitches can aid conventional swing. Yes, home teams should be allowed to prepare wickets that suit their combination.

  42. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,326
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I donít see how pitches can aid conventional swing. Yes, home teams should be allowed to prepare wickets that suit their combination.
    I mean like green tops. the English ones. indian top order cant play swing. The thing is you have to winner toss though because their bowling is good.

    absolutely home teams should be allowed to tailor their pitches. Hate when people complain about pitches. just play. It's their home. They can do as they please.

    pakistan don't need to change their tracks either. I reckon they should prepare more turners although turners can backfire too.

  43. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The real question is how far this indian test team have come .Pitches or toss doesn't effect this team especially at home where they are one of the best home side with currently having very good bowling lineup which is icing on the cake

  44. #43
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    10,225
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Spinners were opening the bowling for a reason and its not good for test cricket in my opinion.
    Well, that might have something to do with umpires instructing Kohli to bowl only spinners since light was deteriorating. But why let facts get in the way of a good story?

    And who told you spinners operating in the beginning of the innings itself isn't good for test cricket? Aren't spinners as integral part of the game as everyone else is?

  45. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    10,225
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Pacer took 5 wickets with reverse swing not because the wicket was supporting pacers.
    What a logic!

  46. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,617
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    I mean like green tops. the English ones. indian top order cant play swing. The thing is you have to winner toss though because their bowling is good.

    absolutely home teams should be allowed to tailor their pitches. Hate when people complain about pitches. just play. It's their home. They can do as they please.

    pakistan don't need to change their tracks either. I reckon they should prepare more turners although turners can backfire too.
    Swing has nothing to do with pitch. It's seam movement that's dependent on pithch,

  47. #46
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    571
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like to see more pitches like they provide in 1st test..Good contest between bat and ball, 5 days play for result.perfect sub continental type pitch, even fast bowlers had some assistance on day 1 morning and day 5.

  48. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,846
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


  49. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Well, that might have something to do with umpires instructing Kohli to bowl only spinners since light was deteriorating. But why let facts get in the way of a good story?

    And who told you spinners operating in the beginning of the innings itself isn't good for test cricket? Aren't spinners as integral part of the game as everyone else is?
    They are integral part of the game but if one team has better spinners and pitch supports spinners to this extent then that can't be said as the most fair and balanced conditions as OP is mentioning.

  50. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    What a logic!
    Is it wrong?

  51. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    They are integral part of the game but if one team has better spinners and pitch supports spinners to this extent then that can't be said as the most fair and balanced conditions as OP is mentioning.
    And what if a pitch and conditions support pace, bounce and movement with 1 team having superior fast bowlers. Fair and balanced?

  52. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    How did India score at nearly 5 an over on a day 4 pitch then when the Saffers could not? Deteriorating pitched helped the batsmen?
    The answer is in the first para of my post you are replying to. Its not a hidden fact that Indian players play spin well because they are brought up in such conditions.

  53. #52
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    The answer is in the first para of my post you are replying to. Its not a hidden fact that Indian players play spin well because they are brought up in such conditions.
    Then you can hardly blame conditions anyway. We are just better. Period

  54. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    And what if a pitch and conditions support pace, bounce and movement with 1 team having superior fast bowlers. Fair and balanced?
    Never said that others are making fair pitches, just mentioning that OP is making wrong claims.

    Also in my opinion wickets favouring pacers with pace and bounce are more exciting to watch as a viewer than slow, low and spinning wickets and I think many fans would agree with me.

  55. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Then you can hardly blame conditions anyway. We are just better. Period
    Obviously better in these conditions and thus nullifying the argument of fair and balanced conditions.

  56. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,434
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India have produced decent pitches in recent times.

  57. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Never said that others are making fair pitches, just mentioning that OP is making wrong claims.

    Also in my opinion wickets favouring pacers with pace and bounce are more exciting to watch as a viewer than slow, low and spinning wickets and I think many fans would agree with me.
    The latter part is purely subjective. The point was that the pitches are fair for both teams. Not whether it makes for attractive cricket or not. And if you actually watched this match you would know that there was enough pace and bounce in the wicket . Not all Asian wickets are like the sheikh Zayed wicket.

  58. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Obviously better in these conditions and thus nullifying the argument of fair and balanced conditions.
    By that logic , no pitch that Pakistan plays on is fair and balanced since you lot lose everywhere including in the UAE.

  59. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,636
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    Very true this.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  60. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,706
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The pitches in this series have been fine and not the rank turners India have produced recently. They probably knew they are far superior to this SA side no need for turners.

    Test cricket in Asian subcontinent is dull for whatever reason. These 600+ scores are boring. TBH just to watch I would prefer rank turners at least things happen.

  61. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,706
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    By that logic , no pitch that Pakistan plays on is fair and balanced since you lot lose everywhere including in the UAE.
    Pakistan have not played in Pakistan for over 10 years and when they did they had a better record than all teams at home. Its expected when they get back to home it will take sometime to establish that record again.

    On topic SA is no match to India at home whatever the pitch.

  62. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Very true this.
    Saffers 36/3 on day 2 pitch when conditions are extremely in favour of batting according to Vaughan.

  63. #62
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    The pitches in this series have been fine and not the rank turners India have produced recently. They probably knew they are far superior to this SA side no need for turners.

    Test cricket in Asian subcontinent is dull for whatever reason. These 600+ scores are boring. TBH just to watch I would prefer rank turners at least things happen.
    Except the two pitches rated poor by ICC , we have produced very good pitches for years.

  64. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    By that logic , no pitch that Pakistan plays on is fair and balanced since you lot lose everywhere including in the UAE.
    Nice smiley but weird statement. Pakistan wasnt being talked about here but since you brought it up wickets in UAE are also pretty mediocre. They also deteriorate and even in first few days the clumsy nature of wickets doesnt encourage exciting cricket. The matches which Pak lost recently was while batting last after loosing the toss along with obviously poor cricket.

    Pak needs to play cricket at home on better wickets than these.

  65. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    Why cant Vaughan see such balanced wickets and exciting cricket?

  66. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,706
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Except the two pitches rated poor by ICC , we have produced very good pitches for years.
    What is a good wicket? The cricket mostly has been boring to watch every where in the subcontinent. The worst being in UAE.

  67. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Nice smiley but weird statement. Pakistan wasnt being talked about here but since you brought it up wickets in UAE are also pretty mediocre. They also deteriorate and even in first few days the clumsy nature of wickets doesnt encourage exciting cricket. The matches which Pak lost recently was while batting last after loosing the toss along with obviously poor cricket.

    Pak needs to play cricket at home on better wickets than these.
    You claimed that it wasn't fair and balanced because Indian batsmen are better at playing spin. Ridiculous logic . Just because one team can play better in certain conditions, doesn't make it unfair.

  68. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    15,945
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Why cant Vaughan see such balanced wickets and exciting cricket?
    Obviouysly he has not seen even a single ball lol. Pitch was assisting seamers a lot. There was no real planning on their part. SLips were too standing too far. Some of the edges fell well short of the slips.

  69. #68
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,693
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Pakistan have not played in Pakistan for over 10 years and when they did they had a better record than all teams at home. Its expected when they get back to home it will take sometime to establish that record again.

    On topic SA is no match to India at home whatever the pitch.
    Pakistanís home record has been pathetic since the mid 1990s. It is no coincidence that our home record took a big hit once ICC introduced neutral umpire(s) in 1994. To be fair to Imran, he did advocate neural umpires even though Pakistan benefited immensely.

  70. #69
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,693
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    This Indian team is imperious. The only way to beat them is by winning the toss and batting first on a low-scoring pitch. They would have definitely won in South Africa and England had Kohli won more tosses.

  71. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,706
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    This Indian team is imperious. The only way to beat them is by winning the toss and batting first on a low-scoring pitch. They would have definitely won in South Africa and England had Kohli won more tosses.
    Haha so they are reliant on toss but the are imperious? Logic is out of this world.

  72. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,693
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Haha so they are reliant on toss but the are imperious? Logic is out of this world.
    No team is unbeatable. They are imperious because no other team today can win matches as frequently as they do. Their consistency is remarkable.

  73. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Obviouysly he has not seen even a single ball lol. Pitch was assisting seamers a lot. There was no real planning on their part. SLips were too standing too far. Some of the edges fell well short of the slips.
    True. Without Amla and ABD, SA will have to struggle for a bit until some youngsters put their hands up and try to fill the big shoes of Amla and ABD.

  74. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    You claimed that it wasn't fair and balanced because Indian batsmen are better at playing spin. Ridiculous logic . Just because one team can play better in certain conditions, doesn't make it unfair.
    By that logic there are no conditions in the world which can be called unfair. If there are then enlighten me? So whats the point of saying Indian pitches are the fairest by ignoring the point they deteriorate more than other conditions around except maybe Srl and Bd?

  75. #74
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,706
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    No team is unbeatable. They are imperious because no other team today can win matches as frequently as they do. Their consistency is remarkable.
    Consistency is remarkable? I guess must be winning tosses consistently then lol

  76. #75
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,693
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Consistency is remarkable? I guess must be winning tosses consistently then lol
    Other teams cannot perform so consistently even if they win all tosses.

  77. #76
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    10,225
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Other teams cannot perform so consistently even if they win all tosses.
    Proved by facts.

  78. #77
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,754
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    By that logic there are no conditions in the world which can be called unfair. If there are then enlighten me? So whats the point of saying Indian pitches are the fairest by ignoring the point they deteriorate more than other conditions around except maybe Srl and Bd?
    It's not about how much pitch deteriorates. There was enough help for the seamers on day 1 if the Saffers knew what they were doing. So bowling first is not a disadvantage. In UAE, bowling first is a massive disadvantage. Ball does nothing until fifth day he the pitch breaks up so yeah it favours teams batting first. In India , you can make a game out of it regardless of whether you vat or bowl first.

  79. #78
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,693
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    You are the biggest proof that there is no cure to hero-worshiping once its established in the head.
    India is the best Test team in the world today by a significant margin. Not a single team can beat them at home but they can beat plenty of teams away. If you want to dispute all of that and bury your head in the sand, it is your prerogative.

  80. #79
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    10,225
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people can't digest a simple fact that Indian team is by far the best test team in world, and has been for 3-odd years now. They've best record of all teams, both home and away.

    Of course, they are not WI and Australia of yesteryears and we all accept that.

  81. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,326
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Some people can't digest a simple fact that Indian team is by far the best test team in world, and has been for 3-odd years now. They've best record of all teams, both home and away.

    Of course, they are not WI and Australia of yesteryears and we all accept that.
    They are every bit as good as Australia of 2000 at home. Away record needs to improve however.

    This team is not even playing their best bowler rofl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •