Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    You are the biggest proof that there is no cure to hero-worshiping once its established in the head.
    even if india loses the tosses against a full strength Australian side with bradman smith they will still smash them. just like they did with a depleted team in 2017.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    India is the best Test team in the world today by a significant margin. Not a single team can beat them at home but they can beat plenty of teams away. If you want to dispute all of that and bury your head in the sand, it is your prerogative.
    I dont want to dispute anything - but to say they are imperious etc and then say if they win the toss and then say they are only good just because other teams cant doesnt make sense.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    even if india loses the tosses against a full strength Australian side with bradman smith they will still smash them. just like they did with a depleted team in 2017.
    India was always good at home nothing new here! away from home they have only won one series in the last 4/5 years that too has an asterisk next to it. This is just a normal Indian side which is prety much same strength since 2002/2003.

Some teams like Pakistan used to give them a game at home condition but Pakistan has regressed since then so I doubt they will beat India now in Asian conditions. Only one Australian side beat them at home and that was the best ever side. England won more recently but that was due to Monty and Swan performing miraculously.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India was always good at home nothing new here! away from home they have only won one series in the last 4/5 years that too has an asterisk next to it. This is just a normal Indian side which is prety much same strength since 2002/2003.

Some teams like Pakistan used to give them a game at home condition but Pakistan has regressed since then so I doubt they will beat India now in Asian conditions. Only one Australian side beat them at home and that was the best ever side. England won more recently but that was due to Monty and Swan performing miraculously.
    it's very difficult to dominate at home. Not many teams can do it. England have lost to pakistan at home. australia has lost at home several times.

Only india has dominated. New Zealand have done ok.

This indian side is the best indian side in history and they would beat the 2000 era aussie team at home too comfortably.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    I dont want to dispute anything - but to say they are imperious etc and then say if they win the toss and then say they are only good just because other teams cant doesnt make sense.
    It does if you try to understand the point I am making.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it's very difficult to dominate at home. Not many teams can do it. England have lost to pakistan at home. australia has lost at home several times.

Only india has dominated. New Zealand have done ok.

This indian side is the best indian side in history and they would beat the 2000 era aussie team at home too comfortably.
    Really? Most teams dominate at home. That Austrlia side will beat this Indian team hands down - I will give you a measure this Indian side lost 4-1 in England but 2000 Australia side beat England with the same scoreline. The current Indian side is not different to the Indian side of 2003.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 12.00.04 PM.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  33.3 KB

Batting averages away from home in the first and second innings. Guess England and NZ also don't provide enough support for bowlers in days 1-4 either..according to Vaughan

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Most teams dominate at home. That Austrlia side will beat this Indian team hands down - I will give you a measure this Indian side lost 4-1 in England but 2000 Australia side beat England with the same scoreline. The current Indian side is not different to the Indian side of 2003.
    nope most teams don't dominate at home.
    since 2010 s.africa have lost at home before A few times.
    australia have lost at home three times.
    englsnd have lost a couple of times.

at india's home? I highly doubt it. india would crush them at home. Most of their overrated players can't play spin. ponting averages 29 or 30 in india.

Away with bumrah and the current bowling attack it will be close. Toss matters.

Hell pakistan of 2004-2007 would win vs that so called GOAT aussie team at home. Away pakistam struggle cause they can't play bounce. They won't win a game there. 0 wins in what? 8 matches.
    Last edited by tyron_woodley; 12th October 2019 at 05:27.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no denying that toss plays a big factor in the subcontinent test matches. I mean unless you're an international player yourself, coach or someone who's been around the circuit, you won't know more than current and ex cricketers.

Maharaj said that the toss is a large factor, even though it's obvious at this point; however, I don't think the result would have been any different had India bowled first given the disparity between the sides --albeit the margin would have been smaller.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seamers running through South Africa now. We are so magnanimous that we provide pitches which good fast bowlers can exploit. Unfortunately most touring teams have no idea how to use them. You'll never see this in , say, Abu Dhabi where an entire day goes by and the score is 236/2. Forget Asia, these are probably the fairest pitches in the world . Others should follow our example, really.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa getting smashed by pacers on a flat pitch. What a joke lol

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So you think Indian fast bowling of 2003 was same as 2019? Weird

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like good wickets if Indian pacers getting wickets.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    looks like good wickets if Indian pacers getting wickets.
    if indian pacers are getting wickets?? lol. best bowling attack in the world and you don't think they can get wickets??

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if indian pacers are getting wickets?? lol. best bowling attack in the world and you don't think they can get wickets??
    So what I said wrong,They are getting wickets and SA attack can not. By the way Indian pace attack is behind Australia.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    So what I said wrong,They are getting wickets and SA attack can not. By the way Indian pace attack is behind Australia.
    no they aren't. indian attack is better in every facet of bowling. Australia has slightly better depth but india have bhuvi waiting as well. saini is no slouch. indian attack wrecked the so called best aussie attack in their own country.

pakistan my second favourite team will wreck them soon in australia as well. mark my words. Shaheen afridi is going to be as good as wasim.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a flattie where India scored 600+ with 4 bats, SA is struggling to make even 200!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

difference is the bowling attack. INDIA HAS THE BEST bowling attack in the world including depth and unfortunately the pace attack is far superior to s.africa's even with their kolpak players who quit. Abbott got spanked in india back in 2015 as well. Duane is a one trick pony. So no difference really.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    Melbourne(Dilli)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They prepared for spinners forgot about the pacers

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

4 days of contest. Indian bowling attack - 20 wickets at 23, SA - 5 wickets at 120. But yeah its the goddamn pitches

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is this fodder trash allowed to comment. What's your average away from home again?? what's you average in india?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does Gibbs know about cricket? Keyboard warriors and trolls know better.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    difference is the bowling attack. INDIA HAS THE BEST bowling attack in the world including depth and unfortunately the pace attack is far superior to s.africa's even with their kolpak players who quit. Abbott got spanked in india back in 2015 as well. Duane is a one trick pony. So no difference really.
    Abbott got a 5 wicket haul in that series. On rank turners with zero assistance to seamers
    Bowlers like de Lange, harmer would have helped south Africa alot more.

But you are right. Even with all kolpak players, india would still sweep them. India is too difficult to beat in india

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    Abbott got a 5 wicket haul in that series. On rank turners with zero assistance to seamers
    Bowlers like de Lange, harmer would have helped south Africa alot more.

But you are right. Even with all kolpak players, india would still sweep them. India is too difficult to beat in india
    getting a 5 wicket haul in a match that was already lost makes no difference really. he got smashed around quite a few times. S.africa were just toothless and were extremely lucky to get away with a 3 0 drubbing. Should have been 4 if not for rain that saved their sorry butts.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our fans can’t complain about pitches. UAE pitches are the worst in the world. Batters can’t play strokes on them, there is no bounce or seam for pacers, there is no spin for spinners. On day 4/5 the pitches become low and slow which brings them into it.

They are truly disgraceful pitches. Indian pitches at least have decent bounce in them and spinners will get something from the pitch later in the game.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Our fans can’t complain about pitches. UAE pitches are the worst in the world. Batters can’t play strokes on them, there is no bounce or seam for pacers, there is no spin for spinners. On day 4/5 the pitches become low and slow which brings them into it.

They are truly disgraceful pitches. Indian pitches at least have decent bounce in them and spinners will get something from the pitch later in the game.
    no need to change pakistan pitches. Nothing wrong with creating pitches that suit Pakistan's bowling attack and batting ability. Although I was shocked when n.zealand upset them.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no need to change pakistan pitches. Nothing wrong with creating pitches that suit Pakistan's bowling attack and batting ability. Although I was shocked when n.zealand upset them.
    The UAE pitches don’t suit Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    The UAE pitches don’t suit Pakistan.
    what would suit pakistan then?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    nope most teams don't dominate at home.
    since 2010 s.africa have lost at home before A few times.
    australia have lost at home three times.
    englsnd have lost a couple of times.

at india's home? I highly doubt it. india would crush them at home. Most of their overrated players can't play spin. ponting averages 29 or 30 in india.

Away with bumrah and the current bowling attack it will be close. Toss matters.

Hell pakistan of 2004-2007 would win vs that so called GOAT aussie team at home. Away pakistam struggle cause they can't play bounce. They won't win a game there. 0 wins in what? 8 matches.
    I think you have short memory - That Australia team had a gun bowling lineup who could take wickets against any team. Bumrah type of bowlers almost all teams were carrying those days but recently Bumrah is big because suddenly quality bowlers have dried up and he is only a handful of quality bowlers around at this moment in time.

Forget Pakistan they are not strong enough to be in a discussion right now. India in 2003 were just as strong they drew a series in Australia which I rate higher than recent win against well a team that would be classed as grade side compare to that Australia side even with Mcgrath injured.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have short memory - That Australia team had a gun bowling lineup who could take wickets against any team. Bumrah type of bowlers almost all teams were carrying those days but recently Bumrah is big because suddenly quality bowlers have dried up and he is only a handful of quality bowlers around at this moment in time.

Forget Pakistan they are not strong enough to be in a discussion right now. India in 2003 were just as strong they drew a series in Australia which I rate higher than recent win against well a team that would be classed as grade side compare to that Australia side even with Mcgrath injured.
    This is the most bowling friendly era since 1950s, I am not sure if you're up to date with the stats.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    So you think Indian fast bowling of 2003 was same as 2019? Weird
    No bowling is better but batting is much much weaker. Spin bowling is same. The net result is almost the same. I would argue that India back in those days were carrying 3 Kholis in test matches minimum.

They also achieved more than this Indian team in my opinion. They went to 2003 WC final and only lost to ATG team - drew a test series against an ATG team away beat England 1-0 in 2006/7, drew series in SA etc. People just have short memories maybe this team looks better because overall quality of other teams are going down and India has emerged as only real super power in cricket financially etc.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    This is the most bowling friendly era since 1950s, I am not sure if you're up to date with the stats.
    Forget stats if bowlers like Rabada is so hyped up you know the quality has gone down. Almost all teams had gun bowling lineup at the turn of the century.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget stats if bowlers like Rabada is so hyped up you know the quality has gone down. Almost all teams had gun bowling lineup at the turn of the century.
    Ah yes, that's why bowling average was much higher. You do realize how bowling average works right?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what would suit pakistan then?
    A pitch where batters can play strokes and comes onto the bat. For the bowlers it would be about using reverse swing, than a spinner having something later on in the game.

The perfect example for this is The Oval pitch.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bowlers are now fitter stronger faster than ever before. They also play in a batting pitches majority of the time. only 2 teams had bumrah type bowlers. Pakistan under misbah would beat that aussie team at home. for sure they would. This indian team would whitewash them. ponting averages under 30 in india and that was against a weaker indian bowling side. This indian team right now has one of the best bowling attacks in the world.

Remember the workload is much higher now. t20 and ipl cpl big bash etc. So players bowling averages might dip as they play far too many games. Doesn't mean they lack quality compared to early 2000.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No bowling is better but batting is much much weaker. Spin bowling is same. The net result is almost the same. I would argue that India back in those days were carrying 3 Kholis in test matches minimum.

They also achieved more than this Indian team in my opinion. They went to 2003 WC final and only lost to ATG team - drew a test series against an ATG team away beat England 1-0 in 2006/7, drew series in SA etc. People just have short memories maybe this team looks better because overall quality of other teams are going down and India has emerged as only real super power in cricket financially etc.
    or maybe this indian team is just that good at home which makes other formidable teams look bad. It's really not easy to dominate at home like they have.

that 2003 indian team wasn't as dominant as the current indian side at home. Not even close.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Indian pitches have gotten better. I see nothing wrong with their pitches. Home sides should always produce pitches that assist them. Nothing wrong with that.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Ah yes, that's why bowling average was much higher. You do realize how bowling average works right?
    bowlers are now fitter stronger faster than ever before. They also play in a batting pitches majority of the time. only 2 teams had bumrah type bowlers. Pakistan under misbah would beat that aussie team at home. for sure they would. This indian team would whitewash them. ponting averages under 30 in india and that was against a weaker indian bowling side. This indian team right now has one of the best bowling attacks in the world.

Remember the workload is much higher now. t20 and ipl cpl big bash etc. So players bowling averages might dip as they play far too many games. Doesn't mean they lack quality compared to early 2000.
    or maybe this indian team is just that good at home which makes other formidable teams look bad. It's really not easy to dominate at home like they have.

that 2003 indian team wasn't as dominant as the current indian side at home. Not even close.
    Sorry but every team had a bowler like Bumrah at-least one. Australia were carrying a few on the bench, SA not sure if he will get into the side ahead of Pollock co. WI still had Ambrose and Walsh although just at the back end. Pakistan still had Wasim and Waqar and also akthar etc in the pipeline.

India themselves had loads of spinners to dominate at home. And this team has not won nothing of note away either - atleast that side drew in Australia and SA? 2-1 against Australia without smith and warner? Its a good achievement for the records but not if we are comparing two teams.

The only teams that beat India at home those days were better than any team playing now. Australia was strongest ever and they beat India at home only once.. and thats it nobody else won.

Maybe you guys are too young to appreciate cricket back in 90s or early 200s.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have not played in Pakistan for over 10 years and when they did they had a better record than all teams at home.. Its expected when they get back to home it will take sometime to establish that record again.

On topic SA is no match to India at home whatever the pitch.
    I think it's @Buffet who pointed out that Pak has better W/L ratio in UAE than in Pakistan.. (it was before Pak start to loss in UAE)

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but every team had a bowler like Bumrah at-least one. Australia were carrying a few on the bench, SA not sure if he will get into the side ahead of Pollock co. WI still had Ambrose and Walsh although just at the back end. Pakistan still had Wasim and Waqar and also akthar etc in the pipeline.

India themselves had loads of spinners to dominate at home. And this team has not won nothing of note away either - atleast that side drew in Australia and SA? 2-1 against Australia without smith and warner? Its a good achievement for the records but not if we are comparing two teams.

The only teams that beat India at home those days were better than any team playing now. Australia was strongest ever and they beat India at home only once.. and thats it nobody else won.

Maybe you guys are too young to appreciate cricket back in 90s or early 200s.
    They drew with s.africa in 2008 though. lost once to Aus albeit with a depleted team.

Still I back the current team to smash them all at home. 29 out of 32 is an insane record.

I don't think any team beats this indian side at home. They will challenge away in England and s.africa next time. mark my words. With the current bowling attack anything is possible.

Walsh himself said bumrah is a once in a lifetime type bowler. I doubt every team had a bowler as good as him. Bond was dilapidated and decrepit after like 15 games.

mcgrath was great.
    wasim and waqar yes.

that's it. But india don't just rely only on one bowler nowm they have 5 wicket taking options. they hunt in packs. As a unit they are very balanced.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    I think it's @Buffet who pointed out that Pak has better W/L ratio in UAE than in Pakistan.. (it was before Pak start to loss in UAE)
    UAE sample size was too small and yes we had a better win-loss ratio because we didnt actually lose any series before the wheels came off. But overall Pakistan had over 78% WIN-Loss ratio at home better than anyone else maybe better now by other sides but at the time Pakistan stopped playing at home that was the best.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They drew with s.africa in 2008 though. lost once to Aus albeit with a depleted team.

Still I back the current team to smash them all at home. 29 out of 32 is an insane record.

I don't think any team beats this indian side at home. They will challenge away in England and s.africa next time. mark my words. With the current bowling attack anything is possible.

Walsh himself said bumrah is a once in a lifetime type bowler. I doubt every team had a bowler as good as him. Bond was dilapidated and decrepit after like 15 games.

mcgrath was great.
    wasim and waqar yes.

that's it. But india don't just rely only on one bowler nowm they have 5 wicket taking options. they hunt in packs. As a unit they are very balanced.
    Bumrah is only starting out his career and he will have his ups and downs like all bowlers - Now a days quality is not as great collectively. Now a days India is dominating at home against weaker teams but they used to dominate even when other teams were stronger than they are now. Its only media hype that makes people think the current lot are better than 2003 side but as a neutral that side achieved more.

There was a transition period where India was making too many flat wickets resulting in many draws and that SA series was around that time. Then Dhoni started asking for wickets to turn more and it changed. But todays SA team would still lose to India even on those flat Tracks.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan had unbeaten run from late 2011 to mid 2017 in UAE.

vs Team Mat Won Lost Tied Draw Date Winner
    Sri Lanka 3 1 0 0 2 Oct-11 Pakistan
    England 3 3 0 0 0 Jan-12 Pakistan
    South Africa 2 1 1 0 0 Oct-13 drawn
    Sri Lanka 3 1 1 0 1 Dec-13 drawn
    Australia 2 2 0 0 0 Oct-14 Pakistan
    New Zealand 3 1 1 0 1 Nov-14 drawn
    England 3 2 0 0 1 Oct-15 Pakistan
    West Indies 3 2 1 0 0 Oct-16 Pakistan

The top bowlers for Pakistan during that time were Ajmal and Yasir Shah.
    Player Span Mat Wkts Ave Econ SR 5W 10W
    Saeed Ajmal 2011-2014 11 64 24.62 2.37 62.2 3 1
    Yasir Shah 2014-2016 10 63 25.34 2.98 50.9 3 1
    Zulfiqar Babar 2013-2016 12 45 37.46 2.8 80.1 2 0
    Junaid Khan 2011-2014 9 30 32.26 2.85 67.8 2 0
    Abdur Rehman 2011-2014 6 29 24.86 2.24 66.5 2 0
    Rahat Ali 2013-2016 10 25 39.04 2.81 83.1 0 0
    Umar Gul 2011-2012 6 25 23.32 3.09 45.2 0 0
    Wahab Riaz 2015-2016 5 18 32.94 3.16 62.3 1 0
    Mohammad Hafeez 2011-2015 15 16 36.81 2.53 87 0 0
    Imran Khan 2014-2015 5 13 28.15 3.05 55.3 0 0
    Shoaib Malik 2015-2015 3 11 20.72 2.92 42.4 0 0

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still a long way to go in terms of pitches

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumrah is only starting out his career and he will have his ups and downs like all bowlers - Now a days quality is not as great collectively. Now a days India is dominating at home against weaker teams but they used to dominate even when other teams were stronger than they are now. Its only media hype that makes people think the current lot are better than 2003 side but as a neutral that side achieved more.

There was a transition period where India was making too many flat wickets resulting in many draws and that SA series was around that time. Then Dhoni started asking for wickets to turn more and it changed. But todays SA team would still lose to India even on those flat Tracks.
    current lot is better bro. Way more balanced and is much fitter and durable than ever before. They would beat the 2003 GOAT teams due to superior fitness alone. That's the difference. Talent wise maybe the 2003 was better in batting but that's all it was. I have never seen such a ruthless team at home in my lifetime.

They would kill any of those GOAT sides at home. Away is the question mark and they need to prove that by winning in england and drawing away to Smith's side. Yes they have beaten the Aussies once but I think people would appreciate it more if smith had plate obviously.

When they achieve these years I think there will be no question mark over their greatness. Right now I would put them at number 4 or 3 overall and number 1 for GOAT home side of all time category.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    current lot is better bro. Way more balanced and is much fitter and durable than ever before. They would beat the 2003 GOAT teams due to superior fitness alone. That's the difference. Talent wise maybe the 2003 was better in batting but that's all it was. I have never seen such a ruthless team at home in my lifetime.

They would kill any of those GOAT sides at home. Away is the question mark and they need to prove that by winning in england and drawing away to Smith's side. Yes they have beaten the Aussies once but I think people would appreciate it more if smith had plate obviously.

When they achieve these years I think there will be no question mark over their greatness. Right now I would put them at number 4 or 3 overall and number 1 for GOAT home side of all time category.
    I think its your own opinion which is fair enough - You are either underestimating 2003 team or overestimating current team. But all performance criteria point to 2003 team being better.

2003 team went to the final of ICC tournament - current team lost to New Zealand in Semi who were lucky to qualify to Semi had same point as Pakistan and actually lost to Pakistan and all teams finished higher than them.

Lost in SA when 2003 team drew - they also won against England in 2006 but this team lost 4-1. Both teams won everything at home expect one series against GOAT Australia.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its your own opinion which is fair enough - You are either underestimating 2003 team or overestimating current team. But all performance criteria point to 2003 team being better.

2003 team went to the final of ICC tournament - current team lost to New Zealand in Semi who were lucky to qualify to Semi had same point as Pakistan and actually lost to Pakistan and all teams finished higher than them.

Lost in SA when 2003 team drew - they also won against England in 2006 but this team lost 4-1. Both teams won everything at home expect one series against GOAT Australia.
    Well this indian side is yet to lose at home. 2003 indian side drew a couple of times to s.africa. lost to AUS. This team would never lose at home to anyone unless kohli and the pace bowlers are declining now which isn't to be the case anytime soon.

This indian side plays far more cricket so it's expected to see some poor results. T20 is taking a toll. Ipl in particular. 2004-2010 was just beginning phase of t20 so they obviously players from that era would have played less cricket overall.

New zeland beat india in a 2day game that was rained out on day 1. Yes at the end result matters but india were also.missing their stat batsman dhawan.

2003 team never had a winning streak at home like the current indian side. Never ever had bowlers of this calibre. World class bowling attack was the missing piece to that star studded batting lineup. This current side is far more balanced and well rounded. Not to mention superior fitness. That alone would be the deciding factor.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We wanted to take the pitch out of equation, reveals Ravi Shastri

Ravi Shastri, the head coach of India, was full of praise of his team after the Virat Kohli-led team whitewashed the three-match series against South Africa for the first time ever, after an emphatic 202 run and an innings-win in the third and final Test in Ranchi on Tuesday.

India wrapped up the match in the space of just 12 balls with debutant Shahbaz Nadeem finishing the match by setting himself up for a hattrick for his next match. He scalped the wickets of Theunis de Bruyn and Lungi Ngidi in two consecutive balls at his home ground JSCA International Stadium Complex.

“It is a team effort. Normally, in India, you have two players hogging the limelight. But in this series, everyone chipped in. That is what you want,” said Shastri ecstatically, speaking after the game.

After lauding the collective effort of his team, he pointed out what their gameplan was going to be — to take 20 wickets no matter what the pitch is like.

“We had a wish that we could take the pitch out of the equation. We always wanted to take 20 wickets irrespective of where we were playing. Our batting is pretty much like a Ferrari taking off. We are just focused on taking 20 wickets,” continued the 57-year-old.

Shastri, a fellow Mumbaikar, lauded Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma as well for their contribution with the bat and according to him, the third Test centurion was going nowhere and the Man of the Series was the find for him at the top of the order.

“Ajinkya Rahane was always there. He just needed to rediscover himself. When you need to open in Tests, you might get out in the first 10 balls. But Rohit did well to hang in there for the first two hours. And things changed after lunch for him to take advantage of that. The job satisfaction that an opener gets is wonderful.”

Finishing off, the head coach appreciated the performance of the 30-year-old Shahbaz Nadeem, who bagged four wickets in his Test debut after taking 410 wickets in 110 first-class matches.

“Extremely impressed with Nadeem. He comes over the top and has a great wrist position. The guy has put in the yards at the domestic level and am glad he finally had his chance at his home ground. He had no nerves and bowled three maidens on the trot,” Shastri concluded.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...ments-6081597/

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Faf said that the pitches were good sporting pitches. When the opposition captain is saying that, it means a lot.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this indian side is yet to lose at home. 2003 indian side drew a couple of times to s.africa. lost to AUS. This team would never lose at home to anyone unless kohli and the pace bowlers are declining now which isn't to be the case anytime soon.

This indian side plays far more cricket so it's expected to see some poor results. T20 is taking a toll. Ipl in particular. 2004-2010 was just beginning phase of t20 so they obviously players from that era would have played less cricket overall.

New zeland beat india in a 2day game that was rained out on day 1. Yes at the end result matters but india were also.missing their stat batsman dhawan.

2003 team never had a winning streak at home like the current indian side. Never ever had bowlers of this calibre. World class bowling attack was the missing piece to that star studded batting lineup. This current side is far more balanced and well rounded. Not to mention superior fitness. That alone would be the deciding factor.
    Only w.r.t. Fast Bowlers which definitely is a great progress made by the team and captain. However I won't rate Ashwin /Jadeja over Kimble/Harbjajan. The difference between the two pairs are more in style as opposed to output.

We also need to understand the quality of opposition faced by current team is much less. Not their fault though, but 2000 era team had faced much tougher opposition (Aus/SA/Pak) as opposed to the current team and was extremely competitive in that decade.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RajBan View Post
    Only w.r.t. Fast Bowlers which definitely is a great progress made by the team and captain. However I won't rate Ashwin /Jadeja over Kimble/Harbjajan. The difference between the two pairs are more in style as opposed to output.

We also need to understand the quality of opposition faced by current team is much less. Not their fault though, but 2000 era team had faced much tougher opposition (Aus/SA/Pak) as opposed to the current team and was extremely competitive in that decade.
    no. spinners right now are the best India's ever had. Also kohli and pujara would start in that 2003 indian side as well. that's 7 players from current era.

India makes other teams look weak. No team is weak especially when the fitness standards are at the highest level at present. This indian side would still all those great teams at home and remain competitive away due to the strength of the bowling. Also t20 wasn't as popular back then as it was still in a growing phase.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shami's balls quickened off the pitch. For a moment i was wonder if we were playing at Kingsmead or Ranchi. Ball was just flying through after pitching. I think it is because it is just shami. Not sure Ishant could have done the same. Either way pitch was not a slow low turner by any stretch of the imagination. It had good carry.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just look at that NSK pitch and compare it to the pitches we make. World of difference

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Indian pitches are currently best in the world.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think Indian pitches are all that fairer. Its a bit weird compared to the other pitches in the world. The pitches are sporting no doubt but not fairer.

They become flat when Indian batsmen bat and turn into rank turners or pace friendly wickets when they bowl.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Indian pitches are currently best in the world.
    Definitely more balanced in general. Not tilted extravagantly to pacers or spinners or batsmen

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Once again, a very interesting pitch helping the seamers.