Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"When the team isn't performing then the captain is responsible" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

Sarfaraz Ahmed after the whitewash by SL:

"We recovered well with the bowling, we had a decent start with the bat with wickets in hand but in the middle, we needed another good partnership"

"The way the pitch was playing, we knew 8-9+ an over won't be easy so we lost wickets and the match"

"We didn't express ourselves in this series, we took pressure and had lapses in all facets, we didn't perform well"

"We brought some players in this series, we had Shoaib bhai at 5 and Hafeez bhai at 3 before with Shaheen Shah Afridi and Hasan Ali amongst the bowlers but we wanted to try some players before the Australia tour"

"We need to improve in all facets. If we keep dropping catches like this in the middle overs, we won't be able to beat any team"

"I want to thank the crowd and the SL team for coming and for playing excellent cricket"

"We didn't play good cricket in any facet"

"We saw quite a few things, it's an eye opener for everyone, we know which things we have to work on. Congrats to the SL team, they played better cricket than us"

"When the team isn't performing then the captain is responsible"

"The required rate was 8.5, we thought there is a set batsman there so I'll go and bat there but unfortunately Haris got out after 2 overs. The message to Haris was for us to bat together for 2-3 overs more and take it closer because we had players who could maintain 9-10 runs per over but unfortunately he got out. The decision was that I would go out there and rotate strike and Haris will stay with me but he got out"

"When your team doesn't perform and you don't perform obviously there is some pressure on you but I think in this series after speaking to Misbah bhai, he told me not to take pressure and to play freely. When the team loses then the management is of course responsible, but as I have said before they do their best and ultimately it's up to the players and the captain to deliver. The management has no role to play in that, whether it's the World Cup or this series"

"We didn't play well at all in this series and a young team showed us how to play. The cricket they were playing, this is the cricket we were playing in the last 30 games"

"As a team and as a captain, we didn't play like we should have. The management did their best. The players are the same ones who have been playing before and will keep playing and maybe some players will make comebacks in future but as a team we didn't play as well as they did"

"Before also the message was clear and now also is the same. The problem is that in the ground, our application is missing. At the right time where we need to click, we didn't do that. We missed catches in the middle overs, we shouldn't have let them get to 150 after getting 4 wickets. We weren't able to come into the matches. Delivering is the responsibility of the captain and the players"

"The players who are playing are the best players who became #1. Good and bad times come for everyone, we will learn from our mistakes and work on shortcomings"

"Did my dropped catch cost the team? Yes, I accept that I dropped a catch but how much did that batsman score? If my dropping the catch cost the team, I accept that but that batsman got out in the next over"

"I went out to bat with Haris there with RRR at 8.5 so I wanted to take the innings deeper with him. The pitch was such that any new batsman was struggling there. The wicket didn't assist you to hit from the get-go, you had to take time. Till Haris was there for 2-3 overs, the strike rotation was happening but he tried a shot and got out. After that, the other batsmen all tried and the RRR went to 9, 10 and then 12 in the next 2 overs. So my aim was to bat with Haris and take the match deep but we couldn't do that"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Guessing good times is 2017 CT?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please go away .

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an ounce of shame.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New players like Wahab, Umer and Shehzad?

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hus explanations are not convincing even after the translation. Sound more like excuses. Hafeez, Shoaib, Hassan and Shaheen, eh? Only one of those has a future in Intl cricket and the captain knows it. Just trying to deflect attention.

At least Misbah was honest in admitting that they played their first choice team in the 3rd T20.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz was never good in press conferences. It hardly feels like he’s talking about the same game.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Najam Sethi is responsible. This is the result of the years of incompetence and corruption on his watch. Pakistan cricket must suffer in the short-term to prosper in the long run.

We should not the present regime for the mess the previous regime left behind. Ehsan Mani will need decades to fix it.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Najam Sethi is responsible. This is the result of the years of incompetence and corruption on his watch. Pakistan cricket must suffer in the short-term to prosper in the long run.

We should not the present regime for the mess the previous regime left behind. Ehsan Mani will need decades to fix it.
    Mami and Wasim Khan do have the right idea. I'm sure you will agree that the new domestic system and new balls bring used at least a step on the right direction.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why this person is our captain. My blood is boiling while reading.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Absolutely spot on - good to see you have seen the light finally.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically sarfraz is putting all the blame of haris?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yeah blame Sethi for Wasim Khan and Mani's incompetence to select 2 worst candidates for chief selector cum coach and bowling coach.
    We may be no.1 in T20 by fluke but we may not qualify for World Cup T20 after 2023 if these guys stays.
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th October 2019 at 11:30.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Mami and Wasim Khan do have the right idea. I'm sure you will agree that the new domestic system and new balls bring used at least a step on the right direction.
    And then your coach select Shehzad, Umar and future Cheema, Kamran, M Sami ..... will follows. Its better just ignore domestic cricket if the coach doesn't select new player.
    Last edited by Shafi; 10th October 2019 at 11:32.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seeing the domestic cricket , its alarming to see the 30+ years old cricketers are performing much better than the players in their early 20s and less we talk about our last U19 sides the better it will be , Sad thing is we are not getting even a decent upcoming talent since last 4 years , The only good players from U19 in last 4 years are Umer Bin Yousuf ,Shaheen,Saud Shakil , Nasim Shah , Haider Ali and Rohail and all of them having a decent FC season nothing earth shattering like our 30+ FC oldies doing.
    Last edited by muhammad saad; 10th October 2019 at 11:34.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Putting all the blame on haris lol. Everyone saw how the hell did he play throughout this home tour ODI and t20s, being desperate for runs to keep his place as rizwan scored back to back hundreds against AUS and this guy couldnt put bat on ball against second string srilankan bowling attack. The sonner he is shown the door better for pak. I think this series should be good enough to sack him. How long will he captain, he needs to go back to domestics and re-earn his comeback.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Sarfaraz Ahmed after the whitewash by SL:
    "We need to improve in all facets......"

"We didn't play good cricket in any facet....."
    Lucky then that they have a player who is good in all facets of the game....

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

"When the team isn't performing then the captain is responsible" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

I developed a proper sense for cricket in 2003. I learnt English around in 2004 and hence from then on began to understand whatever is being said by captains, players, commentators etc. Now, from Inzamam-ul-Haq, to the captains that weīve had after him, to finally to Sarfaraz, I canīt remember a single Pakistan captain who hasnīt whined in pre or post-match statements that playing at home brings more pressure on you. He said this yesterday at the toss. I hugely dislike this excuse, thought or whatever you can it. Iīm not denying that there must be pressure, but itīs beginning to sound too whiny.

On the other hand, the question is, would you prefer to play a match at home, at a neutral venue or away? The answer in cricket will always be "home", and thatīs a simple logical fact for anyone who has any understanding of cricket. So why then this whining, gentlemen?
    Last edited by DHONI183; 10th October 2019 at 15:16.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The body language says it all...

Name:  9e88f5aa-0ca7-4fc1-a265-9cce3afec17e.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  68.2 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Does Sarfraz even know what taking responsiblity means practically? Or are these mere words spouted at a presser and forgotton once you are out of that room?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about your own performance... this is utter ** if he is not fired this shows how incomptenent misbah actually is.

This should be sarfarazs last series as player and as captain.

He has been failing for 3 plus years with the bat. Not like his wicket keeling is ATG level.

He himself has 2 chances to take a wicket. He dropped one and failed in another stumping.

His reaction time is of a 40 year old. He cannot dive, cannot catch, and cant even affect a stumping chance.

Id rather give the reigns to babar, im sure he will come through because he wants to be the best.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Absolutely spot on - good to see you have seen the light finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Yeah blame Sethi for Wasim Khan and Mani's incompetence to select 2 worst candidates for chief selector cum coach and bowling coach.
    We may be no.1 in T20 by fluke but we may not qualify for World Cup T20 after 2023 if these guys stays.
    I was being sarcastic.

Ehsan Mani is clueless and is proving to be another example of Imran Khan’s botched selection. Instead of taking charge of domestic cricket affairs, he has invented a new position in the constitution at a cost of 40 lakh rupees per month.

Wasim Khan is a clear example of inefficient use of resources. He is being severely overpaid for his British accent and the “I left ECB to help PCB” drama.