User Tag List

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk of regional and ethnic bias starting once again after Sarfaraz Ahmed's sacking

Sarfraz being captain of all three formats kept the punjab vs karachi talk out for the last few years, but I see that talk is creeping back in.

Shoaib akhter, Rashid Latif, Basit ali, Dr. Nauman, etc... also touched on this post Sarfraz's sacking.

How do you guys feel about this?

No doubt Punjab has a lot of representation, both captains are Punjabis.

In my opinion there should only be merit, we cant have a quota system as we saw what it did to South Africa.

However, do you guys feel that Karachiites are justified in their views that there is a systemic bias against karachi players?

Or is it the case where they are just not producing as much talent?

By the way, I am neither Punjabi nor from Karachi, for me Pakistan cricket team is one, but if we have this problem (or even the perception of it) then there should dialogue to discuss it and to find a solution for the betterment of the cricket in the country.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Karachi people have a victim mentality. He deserved to be sacked. The real question is why didn’t it happen earlier? The reason for that is because he is from Karachi lol.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    As far as I am aware Sarfaraz was from Karachi when he was appointed captain in all 3 formats.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    The elephant in the room seems to be Javed miandad, the street smart cricketer who sarfraz never emulated

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He doesn't even deserve a spot in the team. Awful batting form, horrible fitness, and declining keeping skills.

I'm surprised Karachiites want to claim a player like this.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Sarfraz being captain of all three formats kept the punjab vs karachi talk out for the last few years, but I see that talk is creeping back in.

Shoaib akhter, Rashid Latif, Basit ali, Dr. Nauman, etc... also touched on this post Sarfraz's sacking.

How do you guys feel about this?

No doubt Punjab has a lot of representation, both captains are Punjabis.

In my opinion there should only be merit, we cant have a quota system as we saw what it did to South Africa.

However, do you guys feel that Karachiites are justified in their views that there is a systemic bias against karachi players?

Or is it the case where they are just not producing as much talent?

By the way, I am neither Punjabi nor from Karachi, for me Pakistan cricket team is one, but if we have this problem (or even the perception of it) then there should dialogue to discuss it and to find a solution for the betterment of the cricket in the country.
    Why exactly you have to bring this discussion, I didn't see many people bothered by Sarfraz;s sacking , no one thinks his sacking is anything to do with him being from Karachi. You're trying to make a nonissue and issue. Hope you have better things to do.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Why exactly you have to bring this discussion, I didn't see many people bothered by Sarfraz;s sacking , no one thinks his sacking is anything to do with him being from Karachi. You're trying to make a nonissue and issue. Hope you have better things to do.
    I am not making it up, recently basit ali, shoaib akhter, dr. Nauman, shoaib akhter discussed it on various platforms.

That is why I brought it up.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe no one in Karachi is against sacking Sarfaraz from captaincy given that as a player he was beyond horrible and we like to see a competitive Pakistan cricket team. However, i am not sure we can totally rule out that there have been some bias against Karachi cricketers in the past that has led to this mindset in our community. Off the top of my head, I can atleast think of the following names:

1. Fawad Alam
    2. Asim Kamal
    3. Basit Ali
    4. Javed Miandad himself to some extent.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I mean removing Sarfaraz was the right thing to do but cannot deny there is an obvious bias towards Punjab and specially Lahore. Case in point pathetic paindus like Shehzad and Akmal have had like 500 chances but much superior player like Fawad Alam has had the door shut on his career for a decade.(not that I'm advocating his return).

Then the PCB went ahead and made two Lahore players as the captains. So obviously there is a bias.

People get their dhoti in a twist when you point out this bias and start crying victim mentality.

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I mean removing Sarfaraz was the right thing to do but cannot deny there is an obvious bias towards Punjab and specially Lahore. Case in point pathetic paindus like Shehzad and Akmal have had like 500 chances but much superior player like Fawad Alam has had the door shut on his career for a decade.(not that I'm advocating his return).

Then the PCB went ahead and made two Lahore players as the captains. So obviously there is a bias.

People get their dhoti in a twist when you point out this bias and start crying victim mentality.
    Yea its pathetic when people who have the most representatives start calling bias

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isn't any bias at all against Karachi players. It is a victim mentality, best to get rid of it .

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im seeing facebook pages to protest against his sacking in Karachi lol. I'm from Karachi and I agree with his sacking 100% he did not have have the skills (both professional and social) to be captaining international teams.

Although there's no denying that injustice has been done to players like Fawad Alam in the past, but then at the same time players like Asad Shafiq have gotten unconditional support from PCB. So I think it's really not bias but incompetancy by PCB that we're always in this rut.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you drop a captain from the team, you will face backlash. He should have been allowed to continue as a player and then dropped.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im from Karachi and this victim mentality and regional card needs to stop.

Sarfraz has been nothing short of pathetic, both batting and captaincy wise, and deserves nothing short of being sacked.

Appointing Babar captain does not reek of regional bias. He's comfortably the best player in the team and it becomes a no brainer really.

When Sarfraz became captain of all these formats, why didn't regional bias come inti the discussion then? Wasn't the PCB heavily Punjab dominant then as well?

Media is all Karachi based and therefore this card has again been played which is pathetic.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It does seem strange when the vice captain was from Karachi, but when the captain is sacked, they give it to some other guy, who has been much worse over the past 5-10 Tests.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Karachi media needs to calm down. A Karachi boy captained Pakistan in all formats for the past two years.

His sacking as T20 captain is debatable due to the team's win % under him, but his batting has been below average for a while now.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 20th October 2019 at 10:17.

Nahi hua us se chase

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No regional bias. This decision was understandable. Sarfaraz had become too complacent with regards to his position in the team and his captaincy due to a lack of competition and he has paid the price for his lack of professionalism especially since the 2017 CT win

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So is it only Karachi or Lahore? What about players like M Rizwan who has been outperforming Sarfraz in every department for a while? Is there no injustice to him? Sometimes Pakistan cricket seems to revolve only these two cities. Merit should be the criteria for national team not cities. Sarfraz has only remained captain in the last 18 months despite pathetic captaincy and batting is because a certain lobby has backed him with full force.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 20th October 2019 at 10:18.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See 3:22 shoaib akhter giving his views on this.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    The Karachi media needs to calm down. A Karachi boy captained Pakistan in all formats for the past two years.

His sacking as T20 captain is debatable due to the team's win % under him, but his batting has been below average for a while now.
    I agree with this.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all rubbish.

If there was a regional bias, Sarfaraz wouldn't have been in the side or made captain the first place.
    Last edited by MenInG; 20th October 2019 at 20:37.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Victim mentality on display again. This shameless person doesn't even deserves to play domestics let alone captain in all 3 formats for Pakistan. A pathetic batsmen, wicket keeper. Why don't you talk about the injustice with rizwan due to rubbish sarfraz playing over him. You would have been crying if it was the opposite. But, let me guess he's not from karachi.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 20th October 2019 at 21:49.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your players seem to think to big of themselves and display their victim mentality like you. Examples anwer,tabish. Every single thread you turn it into karachi and lahore. This shameless person got booted out in the most shameful manner which is hard for you are your fellow karachi people to digest. Why don't you talk about the injustice with rizwan when this bast... has wasted at least 2 years of his career.
    Last edited by Saj; 20th October 2019 at 21:49.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not from Karachi but its clear as sky that there is a strong bias against Karachi players over the years.

Case in point: Khurram Manzoor a much better odi batsman than Ahmed Shehzad but Shehzad has played trillion of matches.

Also i dont think its Karachi vs Lahore or Karachi vs Punjab rather there is this specific group of people mostly from Lahore, Sialkot and Faislabad who are running PCB from decades. You see players from Islamabad/Rawalpindi and South Punjab ignored many a times too.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The victim mentality is baffling. I saw some posts on Facebook announcing that they will not be supporting Pakistan cricket anymore. Hopefully we do not see a reaction from Punjab.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    I am not from Karachi but its clear as sky that there is a strong bias against Karachi players over the years.

Case in point: Khurram Manzoor a much better odi batsman than Ahmed Shehzad but Shehzad has played trillion of matches.

Also i dont think its Karachi vs Lahore or Karachi vs Punjab rather there is this specific group of people mostly from Lahore, Sialkot and Faislabad who are running PCB from decades. You see players from Islamabad/Rawalpindi and South Punjab ignored many a times too.
    Add to it, Likes of Usman Salahuddin (Lahore) and Abid Ali (Lahore) also being ignored for a number of years. There is is this lobby which is running the show and if someone cant see it they are blind.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's easy to say but compare Khurram's batting technique with others and it won't amaze you why doesn't get selected to play at a higher level. Someone like Inzamam would never select Khurram because of that very reason and he has openly stated stuff like these many times.

People are very quick to jump on the Karachi bandwagon but always forget that Asad Shafiq has been there for ages despite mediocre performances. Sarfraz was made captain of all the formats.

Rashif Latif was right: It's not about Karachi or Lahore, there is a certain group of friends which includes people from all over including Karachi. These people have been in the PCB for ages, but they always get away because people start picking up the Karachi card or other illogical arguments.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    PCB doesn't have a regional bias problem but a favouritism problem. If your face fits and you've been in the system for a long time, there's seemingly nothing you can do to be dropped.

Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq can bottle every crunch situation yet will never be held accountable because they're good boys, and the latter supposedly has a great technique.

Yet Fawad Alam has a vastly superior FC output, with an average of 55 and over 30 centuries, but because he possesses an unorthodox technique his margin of error with the selectors is much smaller.

Hafeez and Malik are two of the biggest bottlers in the last 20 years of Pakistan cricket, but "experience", and Malik is "great around the dressing room".

Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad have a massive sample size of failures extending over 100+ internationals, but because they exhibited a tiny amount of promise in their U19 days - they are recalled the instant they produce a half-decent domestic or PSL campaign, while other top domestic campaigners are sidelined such as Abid Ali who looks vastly superior to most openers we've tried over the last 10 years.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's shocking that people actually care about what regions a player is from as if it actually matters. I am from Karachi but I don't care whatsoever where the player is from as long as they're good. It's team Pakistan not team Karachi/Lahore etc.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    It's easy to say but compare Khurram's batting technique with others and it won't amaze you why doesn't get selected to play at a higher level. Someone like Inzamam would never select Khurram because of that very reason and he has openly stated stuff like these many times.

People are very quick to jump on the Karachi bandwagon but always forget that Asad Shafiq has been there for ages despite mediocre performances. Sarfraz was made captain of all the formats.

Rashif Latif was right: It's not about Karachi or Lahore, there is a certain group of friends which includes people from all over including Karachi. These people have been in the PCB for ages, but they always get away because people start picking up the Karachi card or other illogical arguments.
    Steve Smith has an awful technique and had an awful start to his career yet he is the world"s best batsman now. Why? Because they rewarded him with his domestic performances and invested in him. Ahmed Shehzad may look pretty while batting but has an absolute worse record yet has made trillion of comebacks.

Yes you are right there is this group of people who are running the show for decades.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Karachiites like to cry, it is tradition. You can always count on them to throw a tantrum when they donít have their way. However, their victim mentality usually unjustified.

The only clear case of Punjab bias was Imran Khan getting preferred as captain when he was a clearly inferior tactician to Miandad and didnít know how to win matches.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Karachiites like to cry, it is tradition. You can always count on them to throw a tantrum when they don’t have their way. However, their victim mentality usually unjustified.

The only clear case of Punjab bias was Imran Khan getting preferred as captain when he was a clearly inferior tactician to Miandad and didn’t know how to win matches.
    Lamo, can you put a sentence together without mentioning Imran the greatest cricketer from SC and our current PM.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve Smith has an awful technique and had an awful start to his career yet he is the world"s best batsman now. Why? Because they rewarded him with his domestic performances and invested in him. Ahmed Shehzad may look pretty while batting but has an absolute worse record yet has made trillion of comebacks.

Yes you are right there is this group of people who are running the show for decades.
    Agreed. But that has nothing to do with him being from Karachi but rather Pakistanis being obsessed with techniques. The reason the Karachiite Asad Shafiq is loved for his aesthetically pleasing shots and doesn't get dropped. Why people keep forgetting this?

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Karachiites like to cry, it is tradition. You can always count on them to throw a tantrum when they don’t have their way. However, their victim mentality usually unjustified.

The only clear case of Punjab bias was Imran Khan getting preferred as captain when he was a clearly inferior tactician to Miandad and didn’t know how to win matches.
    Javed Miandad was appointed as captain before Imran in 1980 and had a player revolt against him, as he did again in 1993 after Imran left the scene.

The simple reason was, which also explains his multiple departures from coaching and administrative roles, his complete lack of man management skills.

Please change the script sometimes.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Agreed. But that has nothing to do with him being from Karachi but rather Pakistanis being obsessed with techniques. The reason the Karachiite Asad Shafiq is loved for his aesthetically pleasing shots and doesn't get dropped. Why people keep forgetting this?
    I believe Asad Shafiq is a yes man and a Acha Bacha thats why he is persisted for so long despite being so mediocre.

I believe cricket playing population wise and the amount of kids who grew up playing cricket Karachi should have more representation. Cricket is followed and more importantly played like mad there. In contrast cities like Islamabad have more football following and kids grow up playing football in comparison.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Javed Miandad was appointed as captain before Imran in 1980 and had a player revolt against him, as he did again in 1993 after Imran left the scene.

The simple reason was, which also explains his multiple departures from coaching and administrative roles, his complete lack of man management skills.

Please change the script sometimes.
    The difference is that Miandad didnít have any backing. He was not educated, good-looking and did not come from a powerful cricket family. The excuse that he was replaced by Imran as captain is too convenient for the latter.

Miandad abused his seniority by forcing himself into the 1996 World Cup squad but he deserved to lead the team through the 80s.

Imran is a narcissist with a severe Messiah complex. He always has to be in charge and cannot share authority. He is/was a authoritarian, and ruling with an iron fist is easy when the cricket board bends over backwards to give you all the powers.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why doesn't the PCB think out of the box by giving extremely talented non resident Pakistanis living in the West an opportunity to play for Pakistan?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference is that Miandad didn’t have any backing. He was not educated, good-looking and did not come from a powerful cricket family. The excuse that he was replaced by Imran as captain is too convenient for the latter.

Miandad abused his seniority by forcing himself into the 1996 World Cup squad but he deserved to lead the team through the 80s.

Imran is a narcissist with a severe Messiah complex. He always has to be in charge and cannot share authority. He is/was a authoritarian, and ruling with an iron fist is easy when the cricket board bends over backwards to give you all the powers.
    Was it truly a legitimate case of regional discrimination, or are you just looking to derail yet another thread because Imran Khan lives in your head rent free?
    Do us all a favour and stop echoing Reham on here.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference is that Miandad didn’t have any backing. He was not educated, good-looking and did not come from a powerful cricket family. The excuse that he was replaced by Imran as captain is too convenient for the latter.

Dude, what is your issue with IK? It’s ok if you don’t like him, you just don’t have to bash him at every single opportunity you get!!

I can bet my bottom if you were face to face with IK, you wouldn’t be able to utter two words properly, he will embarrass you.

And gents this is the same guy who voted for Imran Khan, because he wanted a change for Pakistan.
    Last edited by Saj; 20th October 2019 at 23:21.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is only one type of bias: money.

Karachites just look stupid for protesting.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference is that Miandad didnít have any backing. He was not educated, good-looking and did not come from a powerful cricket family. The excuse that he was replaced by Imran as captain is too convenient for the latter.

Just stop.

Miandad was a toxic character who didnít know how to control and lead a group of cricketers.

The same ďstreet fighterĒ mentality that served him so well on the field contributed to his demise in any form of authority off the field.

This can be demonstrated further by his failings as a coach and multiple feuds with active players.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
    Dude, what is your issue with IK? Itís ok if you donít like him, you just donít have to bash him at every single opportunity you get!!

I can bet my bottom if you were face to face with IK, you wouldnít be able to utter two words properly, he will embarrass you.

And gents this is the same guy who voted for Imran Khan, because he wanted a change for Pakistan.

Sometimes I think he is just a troll and a keyboard warrior seeking attention.
    Good lad that Mamoon, deep down he must know right from wrong. After all, actions speak louder than words.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh bhai, sarfaraz was captain for three years. Why mickey arthur pick Fawad Alam? And mickey arthur is from south africa as far as i remember not Lahore.

Both Sarfaraz and fawad are karachi boys na, itni hi injustice horaha tha toh karachi walon ki Fawad Alam kay liye awaz uthani chahye thi, who actually deserve the spot 100%.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you have no performance to show for then the regional bias card is the only potential ace card.

Saddening state of affairs.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    PCB doesn't have a regional bias problem but a favouritism problem. If your face fits and you've been in the system for a long time, there's seemingly nothing you can do to be dropped.

Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq can bottle every crunch situation yet will never be held accountable because they're good boys, and the latter supposedly has a great technique.

Yet Fawad Alam has a vastly superior FC output, with an average of 55 and over 30 centuries, but because he possesses an unorthodox technique his margin of error with the selectors is much smaller.

Hafeez and Malik are two of the biggest bottlers in the last 20 years of Pakistan cricket, but "experience", and Malik is "great around the dressing room".

Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad have a massive sample size of failures extending over 100+ internationals, but because they exhibited a tiny amount of promise in their U19 days - they are recalled the instant they produce a half-decent domestic or PSL campaign, while other top domestic campaigners are sidelined such as Abid Ali who looks vastly superior to most openers we've tried over the last 10 years.
    No win situation for the pcb
    They get criticised for unprofessional players and being the most out of control cricket team and when they put their house in order they get criticised for too much orthodoxism

True we don’t have 14 year olds making debuts,16 year olds making fast hundreds or 18 year old debutants making double inning hundreds but I can’t think of anyone on the domestic circuit who should feel hard done by apart from fawad alam

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Nobody is saying that all Karachi people have victim mentality. But you are getting riled up and accusing people of having an agenda already - which is ironic, it's already showing that you also have this victim mentality.
    Please dont blatantly refute something which is right in front of your eyes.You may go through this thread,any other thread or any other social media platform for that matter and you will see some people blaming Karachiites in general for something a section of media is promoting.
    And it has to be for personal motives.Nobody is that stupid.

And no nothing is ironic except for your constant need to blame Karachites for being whiners.
    This is Pakistan cricket team we are talking about.It does not belong to Lahoris or Karaachiites and therefore there IS no cause for whining and throwing tantrums.End of.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan as a country can and will never move forward until and unless it comes out of this regional bias that stems through so very often.

Over the last few days seeing things being said by so called experts and some journalists about regional bias and all and then having people coming out on streets everywhere.

It's one country and one team everyone who represents the country try is a Pakistani and not a Lahori, Pindi, Karachian etc; it is just damaging the reputation of the country and brings humiliation nothing else.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is only one person in pakistan who can claim to have his career ruined due to bias and thats fawad alam, the rest can take a leap....

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Denmark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miandad abused his seniority by forcing himself into the 1996 World Cup squad.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 21st October 2019 at 09:02.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz removal due to poor form
    Speaking about Ahmed's removal, Misbah said that the sole reason for Ahmed's removal from the T20 and Test squad was his poor form.

"Strange theories are propping up on the media [regarding Ahmed's removal]. It is a simple thing.

"We have always backed Sarfaraz. He is a good enough player, he has done a lot for Pakistan [...] But this decision [to remove him] was taken due to his form recently."