Pakistan name Test squad for tour of Australia: Abid, K. Bhatti, Naseem, Musa selected - Page 2

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you rate the Test squad?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

20 37.04%
  • Average

24 44.44%
  • Poor

10 18.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can;t believe I'm thanking Misbah for the right and bold decisions he has made, finally.

Thanks Waqar for backing up your selection of young fast bowlers.

Now I won;t care that much even if we lost all the games, at least we're building something for future.

Some weird selections, like Irfan but overall I approve the squads.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    It depends on the wicket- if you lose the toss and you are bowling 1st, you need a spinner who gives you control and also picks up a few wickets.
    Shadab would be good enough for that. He was decent in South Africa where there was no assistance, his variations will help outside Asia.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan names exciting young fast bowling stars Musa and Naseem for Australia Tests

• Uncapped prolific opener Abid Ali and experienced left-arm spinner Kashif Bhatti also named; middle-order batsman Iftikhar Ahmed and fast-bowler Imran Khan Senior recalled for World Test Championship matches

• Musa also included in the T20I side along with uncapped middle-order batsman Khushdil Shah and wrist spinner Usman Qadir as lanky fast bowler Mohammad Irfan returns

• Hasan Ali ruled out of the tour due to back injury while Shaheen Shah Afridi named only for Tests after injury comeback

• “Our aim is to move up the Test rankings and begin the Test Championship strong. There is a need to play a different brand of cricket, the balance of the squads is reflective of us having options to play aggressive, attacking cricket” says Misbah

Lahore, 21 October 2019:

Pakistan on Monday decided to unleash their next generation of pace sensations Musa Khan and Naseem Shah, along with teenage Shaheen Shah Afridi, in Australia by naming the trio in the 16-man squad for next month’s World Test Championship fixtures.

The three quicks will join 14-Test veteran Mohammad Abbas and fast-bowler Imran Khan Senior, who has been recalled after playing his ninth and final Test in Sydney in January 2017, as the Pakistan cricket selectors have taken an attacking and aggressive approach for the upcoming Tests while also looking at the future.

The 19-year-old Musa from Islamabad has played seven first-class matches in which he has taken 17 wickets, while Lahore’s 16-year-old Naseem has also claimed 17 wickets in five first-class matches.

In the four-day first-class Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2019-20, Musa has picked up five wickets in four matches and Naseem has bagged nine wickets in three matches.

Both fast-bowlers, regular features of the Pakistan junior sides, are regarded as the quickest on the domestic circuit, regularly touching 145kph on the speed gun, with tremendous potential and bright futures.

In both the formats, Misbah-ul-Haq’s selection committee has also rewarded the high-performing players.

In the Test side, the selectors, apart from Musa and Naseem, have also named uncapped opener Abid Ali, who has scored 7,000 first-class runs in 104 matches, including 300 runs in the two Quaid-e-Azam Trophy matches to date, and left-arm spinner Kashif Bhatti. The 33-year-old Kashif has taken 10 wickets in the current season, while in an 83-match first-class career, spanning over 12 years, he has taken 327 wickets.

Like Imran Khan Senior, middle-order batsman Iftikhar Ahmed has been recalled to the Test side after his only Test against England at The Oval in 2016.

Explaining his selections, chief selector and head coach Misbah-ul-Haq said: “We know that Australia will present different and exciting challenges for us. There is a need to play a different type of cricket, the balance of the squads is reflective of us having options to play aggressive, attacking cricket

“Yes it’s a brave and bold decision to select the likes of Musa and Naseem, but we know that their fresh and attacking approach will give us something different. The Australian wickets will give them the opportunity to express themselves, gain valuable experience and it will help us to take 20 wickets to win the Tests.

“I am pretty sure these two lads will surprise a lot of people with their pace, controlled swing and ability to bowl long spells at a consistent speed.

“Abbas’s calibre and prowess is very well documented, while Shaheen Shah Afridi has already shown the world that he is a star in the making. Imran Khan Senior has been drafted in the side as he provides backup experience with Abbas and he is one of the most effective exponents of the new ball, while he can regularly bowl at a good pace.

“Besides adding speed and venom in our pace attack, we have strengthened our spin department by including an experienced Kashif Bhatti to support Yasir Shah. Yasir has matured and gained experience since his last tour to Australia, and he remains our most successful bowler in the Test format. We know he can deliver and will continue to back him to deliver the goods.

“Our Test batting is experienced, talented and pretty settled, so, we have not tweaked it much, except including prolific Abid Ali in place of Fakhar Zaman and adding Iftikhar Ahmed, who can also bowl off-spin. We have a strong batting line that we expect to perform in the two Tests.

The T20I side will depart for Sydney on 26 October, while the Test players will leave for Perth after featuring in the fifth round of the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, which will be played from 28-31 October.

Pakistan squads for Australia tour (age and team names in brackets):

Tests (average age of the side is 27)

1. Azhar Ali (captain) (34, Central Punjab)
    2. Abid Ali (32, Sindh)
    3. Asad Shafiq (33, Sindh)
    4. Babar Azam (25, Central Punjab)
    5. Haris Sohail (30, Balochistan)
    6. Imam-ul-Haq (23, Balochistan)
    7. Imran Khan Snr (32, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    8. Iftikhar Ahmed (29, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    9. Kashif Bhatti (33, Sindh)
    10. Mohammad Abbas (29, Southern Punjab)
    11. Mohammad Rizwan (wicketkeeper) (27, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    12. Musa Khan (17, Northern)
    13. Naseem Shah (16, Central Punjab)
    14. Shaheen Shah Afridi (19, Northern)
    15. Shan Masood (30, Southern Punjab)
    16. Yasir Shah (33, Balochistan)

Series schedule

11-13 November – Three-day match v CA XI, Optus Stadium, Perth (d/n)
    15-16 November – Two-day match v CA XI, WACA, Perth
    21-25 November – 1st Test, Brisbane
    29 November-3 December – 2nd Test, Adelaide (d/n)
    Wow...17 and 16 years old and already bowling at 145kmph +....awesome....as an indian fan of your pace bowling, i alway envy how you guys manage to get such young talents....will be exciting to watch your young speedsters in aus....
    on another note-where's mo hasnain?i thoght he was awesome .....throw in shaheen afridi - u just have the nucleas of a wonderful quick bowling quartret...good luck from an indian fan...cheers

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thansk Mystique..i wish we have batters like yourselves too..and to be honest India have the best seam bowlers as well so its looking very good

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is the latest Tuk-Tuk Master Imam-ul-Haq in T20I squad??? Why not give opportunity to Abid Ali or assign Haris Sohail/Asif Ali as alternate opener?

Imran Khan Sr, like seriously? He has taken 5 wickets in last 6 First-class innings this year @ 54.8 average. What makes him make the cut all the way to Australia, other than being in good books of Misbah/Waqar?

Yasir Shah too should not be in the test squad. I hope he warms the bench and Kashif Bhatti is selected -- as a bowling allrounder alongside 4 pacers!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Out of this squad, I'll select the following:

Shan Masood
    Abid Ali
    Azhar Ali (captain)
    Babar Azam
    Haris Sohail
    Mohammad Rizwan
    Kashif Bhatti
    Mohammad Abbas
    Musa Khan
    Naseem Shah
    Shaheen Shah Afridi

Short on experience, but no timid batsmen (Shafiq, Imam), or reckless batsman (Iftikhar) and trundler (IK snr).

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kashif Bhatti, Naseem Shah and M Musa are very good selections, I hope they are played and make their mark straight away!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Faheem and shadab have rightly been dropped and offer nothing to the side in reality. Glad that pointless experiement is done.

Our new bowlers will need to get their lengths right in Australia and quickly.

Whilst the batting needs to stand up for once, dont really see why iftikhar has been recalled to tests, just because he turns is arm over as well is a pretty lame excuse.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    Shadab would be good enough for that. He was decent in South Africa where there was no assistance, his variations will help outside Asia.
    Not enough control atm from him. He has a lot of hard work ahead of him, if he is to reach his potential.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not been excited like this for long after Eng tour which we drew.Great selections TBH.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    1. Abid Ali
    2. Imam-ul-Haq
    3. Azhar Ali
    4. Haris Sohail
    5. Babar Azam
    6. Asad Shafiq
    7. Mohammad Rizwan
    8. Yasir Shah
    9. Naseem Shah
    10. Shaheen Shah Afridi
    11. Mohammad Abbas

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    is Kashif Bhatti better than Zafar Gohar and Mohammad Asghar

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan snr and M Irfan I am surprised Rahat Ali and Sohail Khan weren't recalled as well.
    Last edited by octavian; 21st October 2019 at 18:31.

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    is Kashif Bhatti better than Zafar Gohar and Mohammad Asghar
    He has brilliant stats, plus he can bat a bit better.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Bhatti can keep things tight but don't think he's a big turner of the ball.

The squad looks okay with a few surprise selections (Nasim, Musa, Iftikhar, Bhatti, Imran snr) but we need to get the right combination out. I'd start with Abid Ali but I know they'll play Shan and Imam instead despite the latter having a poor Test record.

I wouldn't bother with a spinner and would play four fast bowlers with the part-timers filling in.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is everyone saying Yasir should start? To me it's obvious Bhatti, a finger spinner who can keep tight is the obvious choice. He can be economical and hold one end up

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor squad. Zafar Gohar is a notable omission.

I would've preferred Sameen Gul over one of Naseem or Musa.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Why is everyone saying Yasir should start? To me it's obvious Bhatti, a finger spinner who can keep tight is the obvious choice. He can be economical and hold one end up
    Also he can bat.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Abid
    Shan
    Azhar (c)
    Haris
    Babar
    Asad
    Rizwan (wk)
    Bhatti (willing to give him a go)
    M Abbas
    Shaheen
    Naseem

Since we have selected young pacers in this squad. We can maybe drop a batsman to add another pacer to level the burden. Depends on conditions
    Last edited by ARK Rafay; 21st October 2019 at 19:13.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An all rounder would have helped greatly with the balance of the squad. Too many bowlers with no batting capability will come back to bite Pakistan. You need a long tail in Australia.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    An all rounder would have helped greatly with the balance of the squad. Too many bowlers with no batting capability will come back to bite Pakistan. You need a long tail in Australia.
    Kashif Bhatti is a decent batsman in the lower order with FC avg of 24 and couple of 100s.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose it is best to say that it is pretty much the end of the international road for Fawad Alam despite his name being thrown around recently in the run-up to the Test squad being announced.

I am sure he won't retire from international cricket just yet as there is still a chance he could be brought back at the ripe age of 35 or over and expect him to notch 100's up as it is a trick of his back hand.

As for the squad, we have eventually gone back to the 130kph grunting Imran Khan (Snr) once again after his hiatus of nearly 3 years and then some rookies in Nasim Shah and Musa Khan.

Not sure what to make of Iftikhar being selected in the squad again either, I would have taken Fawad Alam who can also turn his arm around.

Also another one can be Kashif Bhatti, his selection reminds me of Zulfiqar Babar who was also mid 30's at the time of his selection and then played. I would have gone for a younger bowler as in Zafar Gohar instead.
    Last edited by Deewana Mastana; 21st October 2019 at 19:37.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So all those that predicted doom & gloom...Misbah is anti-youngsters etc...anda on your faces

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    1. Abid Ali
    2. Imam-ul-Haq
    3. Azhar Ali
    4. Haris Sohail
    5. Babar Azam
    6. Asad Shafiq
    7. Mohammad Rizwan
    8. Yasir Shah
    9. Naseem Shah
    10. Shaheen Shah Afridi
    11. Mohammad Abbas
    Imam over shan? based on what?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    I suppose it is best to say that it is pretty much the end of the international road for Fawad Alam despite his name being thrown around recently in the run-up to the Test squad being announced.

I am sure he won't retire from international cricket just yet as there is still a chance he could be brought back at the ripe age of 35 or over and expect him to notch 100's up as it is a trick of his back hand.

As for the squad, we have eventually gone back to the 130kph grunting Imran Khan (Snr) once again after his hiatus of nearly 3 years and then some rookies in Nasim Shah and Musa Khan.

Not sure what to make of Iftikhar being selected in the squad again either, I would have taken Fawad Alam who can also turn his arm around.

Also another one can be Kashif Bhatti, his selection reminds me of Zulfiqar Babar who was also mid 30's at the time of his selection and then played. I would have gone for a younger bowler as in Zafar Gohar instead.
    I think Imran Khan Sr will do what he and Yasir used to do in the UAE with a 4 bowler line up - bowl long grueling spells while the strike bowlers like Shaheen Shah and Abbas would rotate. I am a fan of Imran Khan - his persistence may come off when Smith sets in for a long stint at the crease.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    Imran Khan snr and M Irfan I am surprised Rahat Ali and Sohail Khan weren't recalled as well.
    Supposidly Rahat just missed out on selection, fact he was considered is a worry.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Sport Journalism is at such a low level, its abs shameful ..... heard misbah's press conference and 90% questions were around salman butt ... have they lost all shame... it has to be some kind of bribery to these journalists (only thing i can thik of ) where they shamelessly keep asking him to be included in the team.... such level of crapness

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If Naseem Shah plays for the senior side, does it mean he can not play u19 WC? @MenInG

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Whose compromising pics does Fawad Alam have to acquire to get into the side? He averages 50+ in FC over a period of time and before the experts here give me some crap about "technique", I suppose it does not matter that he scores runs.

In fact, I expected him to be thrown into the deep end in Australia and then binned for other FTBs who will fill their coffers on flatter UAE tracks.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    If Naseem Shah plays for the senior side, does it mean he can not play u19 WC? @MenInG
    Mujeeb-ur-Rahman from Afghanistan played U19 WC after playing for the Mens side.
    Last edited by Danyaalr01; 21st October 2019 at 20:09.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali (c)
    Abid Ali / Shan Masood
    Haris Sohail
    Asad Shafiq
    Babar Azam
    Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
    Yasir Shah
    The 4 quicks - the 2 youngsters + Afridi + Abbas

I know the batting depth is light with Yasir at 7, but I don't think an extra batsman would make that much of a difference. The real concern is the bowling and was our weakest point on the last tour. We need Naseem, Musa and Afridi going at short bursts throughout the day while Abbas and Yasir hold one end up.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    Azhar Ali (c)
    Abid Ali / Shan Masood
    Haris Sohail
    Asad Shafiq
    Babar Azam
    Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
    Yasir Shah
    The 4 quicks - the 2 youngsters + Afridi + Abbas

I know the batting depth is light with Yasir at 7, but I don't think an extra batsman would make that much of a difference. The real concern is the bowling and was our weakest point on the last tour. We need Naseem, Musa and Afridi going at short bursts throughout the day while Abbas and Yasir hold one end up.
    What about Bhatti in place of Yasir. Bhatti can bat, also a left arm orthodox bowler usually has more control than a leggie, and can bowl longer spells.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    He can but he won;t . He already graduated to a higher level, no need to go back to the lower class. Under 19 , then FC , then A team and then international are the steps. Naseem belongs to the top class now.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They saw potential an pace in Musa and Shaeen, tested them in first class games where the bowled long spells and got selected in tests. Wonder why Husnain was not asked to play first class cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Supposidly Rahat just missed out on selection, fact he was considered is a worry.
    Trust me you will see Rahat Ali very soon.

Misbah has selected 3 young pacers with no one to guide them / lead the pack. Abbas is a trundler and Imran is no way near a leader. The less said about Irfan the better.

In other words, the youngsters aren't setup for success on purpose. A tour of Australia is the toughest away tour for any team. When one of the young pacers will fail according to plan, we will need to induct Rahat Ali for more "experience".

If this was a tour to West Indies, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka, you wouldn't see these youngsters in the side.

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some very bold decisions which i agree with. I would pick Fawad Alam in the next squad though.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    Trust me you will see Rahat Ali very soon.

Misbah has selected 3 young pacers with no one to guide them / lead the pack. Abbas is a trundler and Imran is no way near a leader. The less said about Irfan the better.

In other words, the youngsters aren't setup for success on purpose. A tour of Australia is the toughest away tour for any team. When one of the young pacers will fail according to plan, we will need to induct Rahat Ali for more "experience".

If this was a tour to West Indies, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka, you wouldn't see these youngsters in the side.
    That sounds sadistic, but it could very well be true.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    That sounds sadistic, but it could very well be true.
    This has been going on in Pakistan cricket for decades. Young and inexperienced batsmen get selected for away tours with tough conditions such as ENG, NZ and South Africa, while known failures making comebacks for dead pitches. ( Hint Malik/Hafeez)

Inzi

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed Hussnain didnít make it. One step forward, two steps back for the poor guy. I rate him and think he will grow to the challenge - but not if he is shafted around.

Still a good squad - Mickey and Inzi would not have had a clue about many of these players since they did all their selections through PSL. At least Misbah knows the players in domestic.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent squad - however Sameen Gul could have been a better prospect for tests than Musa.

Hopefully they go with the below - Haris Sohail and Azhar Ali can be 5th and 6th bowling options. It's going to be tough but to win you have to gamble and play Musa and Naseem both with Shaheen. Abbas and Imran Khan will be too slow to challenge the batsmen. Musa should play the role of the holding bowler with Naseem and Shaheen attacking with the short stuff.

1. Abid Ali
    2. Shan Masood
    3. Azhar Ali
    4. Haris Sohail
    5. Babar Azam
    6. Asad Shafiq
    7. M Rizwan WK
    8. Yasir Shah
    9. Musa Khan
    10. Shaheen Afridi
    11. Naseem Shah

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abid
    Shan
    Azar
    Haris
    Babar
    Shafiq
    Rizwan
    Yasir/ifti
    Abbas
    Shaheen
    Naseem

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Disappointed Hussnain didn’t make it. One step forward, two steps back for the poor guy. I rate him and think he will grow to the challenge - but not if he is shafted around.

Still a good squad - Mickey and Inzi would not have had a clue about many of these players since they did all their selections through PSL. At least Misbah knows the players in domestic.
    According to Misbah, the physios have stated that if he plays a couple of long format games, he is at risk for a long-term injury due to not being ready for that workload. For that reason, he probably won't even play any FC games this season. After the Australia tour, they're going to work on his conditioning for 4-6 weeks and then eventually get him to bowl longer spells.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    According to Misbah, the physios have stated that if he plays a couple of long format games, he is at risk for a long-term injury due to not being ready for that workload. For that reason, he probably won't even play any FC games this season. After the Australia tour, they're going to work on his conditioning for 4-6 weeks and then eventually get him to bowl longer spells.
    But Naseem Shah is? Naseem had an even worse injury just before the PSL. Hope they don't over do him.

Musa is a very strong lad so should be ok with the workload.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    But Naseem Shah is? Naseem had an even worse injury just before the PSL. Hope they don't over do him.

Musa is a very strong lad so should be ok with the workload.
    Naseem worked a lot on his action over the past few months and has bowled some lengthy spells. His bowling action is pretty smooth now. Hasnain on the other hand still has problems with his run-up.

All the young pacers will have to be managed carefully, though.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    End of Fawad Alam's career.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK of the worst fast bowling selection. Oh guys Misbah is gonna dump us soon, Usman Qadir in t20I and kashif bhatii lolz.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Pakistan names exciting young fast bowling stars Musa and Naseem for Australia Tests
    I don't know about Naseem, but I saw Musa bowling in the PSL last year, and he didn't look that exciting. Too short to really make any impact in Australia I would have thought.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I think we will take wickets, but the batting worries me hugely. I'm not sure the batting has the strength to keep out Starc and co.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Poor squad. Zafar Gohar is a notable omission.

I would've preferred Sameen Gul over one of Naseem or Musa.
    Sameen Gul type bowlers don't do well in Australia. There is not much swing on offer in Australia. That's why Bhuvi never succeeded in Australia. You need pace.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrusade911 View Post
    Sameen Gul type bowlers don't do well in Australia. There is not much swing on offer in Australia. That's why Bhuvi never succeeded in Australia. You need pace.
    Imran Kham operates im 120s.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Australia has been a nightmare for us for so long. Squad is decent but Australia will still hammer us unless we have some amazing performances. Our team is a shambles in all 3 formats since the end of 2016. Can't see much light at the end of the tunnel still.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No line up we could select can do that though Saj.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I think we will take wickets, but the batting worries me hugely. I'm not sure the batting has the strength to keep out Starc and co.
    If the batting doesnt perform, especially AA and AS then a decade of investment has been wasted. The bowling is weak and inexperienced and it may struggle , the batting is very experienced and has no excuses.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Imran Kham operates im 120s.
    A bizarre selection.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    Some positives and some negatives.

Why is Imran Khan sr there, Sameen Gul is a much better option. Yasir Shah there instead of Shadab even though Yasir has a horrible record in AUS, SA and NZ.

At least he dropped Faheem. Muhammad Irfan is 37 years old and horribly unfit.

Usman Qadir might not be a good option considering he is known in Aussie, but no harm in trying him.

Zafar Gohar should have been there instead of Bhatti. Shadab in place of Yasir.
    LOL Shadab

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sameen Gul was operating in late 130s Kph and early 140s in last PSL. I guess he even touched mid 140s couple of times so the point is he is faster than he was before. Musa definitely has a lot of potential but fact is Gul did outperform him in QAE which was meant to be the criteria however, I have no issues if Musa is selected based upon gut feeling or eye as understanding the potential is also the job of the management.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah sure does have a thing for older, past their prime, never too good to begin with, fast bowlers

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    It's the opposite that worries me more. Highly inexperienced bowling attack. Yasir will be a huge a liability this tour.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shadab should have been in squad, Yasir Shah is only good in rank turners.

Babar Azam is standout player.

Lets give em a chance..... I hope some of the youngsters are out of the ordinary and are given a chance.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    576 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Picking Musa and Naseem is encouraging. I hope they get a proper look.

Obviously Irfan (T20Is), Imran Khan Sr, and Wahab Riaz (T20Is) are silly picks but at least Misbah didn't include all of his buddies. I'm also not a fan of picking two spinners turning it the same way (Bhatti and Shah) especially when one is a debutant. However, I doubt there will come a point where spin is going to play a massive role anyway.

The batting is below par but that has less to do with Misbah and more to do Azhar + Shafiq not developing properly. They have completely failed considering the amount of time spent on them. Bringing a young batsman to face the heat in their place simply wouldn't be fair at this point.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Sameen Gul was operating in late 130s Kph and early 140s in last PSL. I guess he even touched mid 140s couple of times so the point is he is faster than he was before. Musa definitely has a lot of potential but fact is Gul did outperform him in QAE which was meant to be the criteria however, I have no issues if Musa is selected based upon gut feeling or eye as understanding the potential is also the job of the management.
    Imran khan selection?? and Irfan?? though it is t20. Iftikhar in tests is another baffeling one. Misbah has played safe here will day we gave chances to yoingsters but none wiill get proper chance except a forced one.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He averages mid-130s and he is 6'3-6'4. Similar to a young Hazlewood. Definitely would have done well at the Gabba.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    This is probably the best lineup we can expect from this squad-

Azhar Ali*
    Shan Masood
    Haris Sohail
    Babar Azam
    Asad Shafiq
    Mohammad Rizwan+
    Iftikhar Ahmed
    Yasir Shah
    Naseem Shah
    Shaheen Shah Afridi
    Mohammad Abbas

I wish Misbah picked Yamin and Shadab. Yasir isn't going to be effective in Australia, especially in the sort of form he's in, while Ifti isn't cut for Test cricket but is also the only really choice for 7. If Yamin and Shadab were in the team, they could easily slot in at 7 and 8 respectively.
    This. We don't have the players to play the right combination at all.
    Shadab should have been the spinner. The best pace bowler out of our fast bowling ARs should have been picked ( I still think that is faheem to bat at 8) them u can unleash the 2 young quicks and Abbas

That lack of combination means Yasir will play as part of a 4 man attack. That could mean 25 overs on day 1 and they WILL go for 5 an over.
    So close but yet so far!

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about a 16 year old getting selected but hasnain not.

Also shafiq needs to be told this is his last series unless he performs.

The side needed shadab as an all rounder, his exclusion is a poor choice.

The team to pick would be :

Imam
    Abide
    Ali c
    Babar
    Sohail
    Rizwan wk
    Shah
    Bhatti
    Shaheen
    Abbas
    Musa

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see plenty of new faces even if they're in their 30's! The absence of Sarfaraz and Akmal are further reasons to be optimistic. Even if we lose as expected at least it will be interesting to see possible future stars.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Not sure about a 16 year old getting selected but hasnain not.

Also shafiq needs to be told this is his last series unless he performs.

The side needed shadab as an all rounder, his exclusion is a poor choice.

The team to pick would be :

Imam
    Abide
    Ali c
    Babar
    Sohail
    Rizwan wk
    Shah
    Bhatti
    Shaheen
    Abbas
    Musa
    Misbah mentioned that Hasnain does not have the endurance to bowl long spells at the moment. Naseem has proven he can bowl a decent amount of overs in FC and is more complete as a bowler atm.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Bhatti has performed better than Zafar Gohar in first four FC matches
    This is what happens when you base your opinion based on cricinfo stats. Zafar opened up the middle order two games in a row on placid wickets. He would be averaging 20 if it weren't for Bilal coming in late in the innings and stealing the tail-end wickets.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I’m old enough to remember the “18 year old” Waqar Younis on a Test tour of Australia in 1989-90 at a similar stage in his career to Naseem Shah and Musa.

He was quick but he was raw and he didn’t know what line and length to bowl.

After one Test he had to be dropped, with Aaqib Javed selected instead.

Misbah is a much more cautious supremo than Imran Khan was: this squad looks like a pretext for picking Imran Khan Sr.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irfan Sr... seriously? What has he even done in FC lately to earn that? He doesn't have much pace either. Can't swing the ball either. What is he picked for, exactly?

3 openers selected as well, which basically assures that Azhar get to keep batting at 3 to pair with two terrible openers so the first 3 batsmen can continue to remain an absolute train wreck for Pakistan.

It's all... just very disappointing, to be honest. But hey, at least Naseem and Musa were selected to provide a bit of bleak hope!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    This is what happens when you base your opinion based on cricinfo stats. Zafar opened up the middle order two games in a row on placid wickets. He would be averaging 20 if it weren't for Bilal coming in late in the innings and stealing the tail-end wickets.
    Zafar Gohar has been hugely overarated. He has never been among the best performers in pervious season as well

Shahbaz Nadeem from India is what you call is a proper left arm spinner.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Zafar Gohar has been hugely overarated. He has never been among the best performers in pervious season as well

As usual, you are incapable of assessing players.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I’m old enough to remember the “18 year old” Waqar Younis on a Test tour of Australia in 1989-90 at a similar stage in his career to Naseem Shah and Musa.

Misbah is a much more cautious supremo than Imran Khan was: this squad looks like a pretext for picking Imran Khan Sr.
    Yes all oldies will pplay while youngsters warming the bench.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Zafar should be there in place of Yasir . Bhatti has done well in previous 2 seasons of QEA and his selection is not unjustified. Yasir was the one who should have missed out. Has neither done well in Australia/SA nor has he done much in this year's QEA.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Tour of Australia, golden opportunity for youngsters to show their credentials
    • “Pace is my basic attribute, I want to make a grand entry to international cricket like Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar,” says Musa Khan

• “Selection in the national team is realisation of my dreams, would try my best to make an impression with speed and swing,” says Naseem Shah

• “Googly was my father’s gift, I am the custodian of the gift and would want to use it at the international level to the best of my ability,” says Usman Qadir

• “If given a chance, I will try my best to continue my performances at the highest level,” says Khushdil Shah

• Emergence of Musa and Naseem confirm National Cricket Academy’s reputation as a finishing school for future stars

Lahore, 22 October 2019:

National selectors have made big and bold changes in the T20I and Tests squad for the tour of Australia, which reflects their positive intent for the challenging tour as well as looking to the future.

Nineteen-year-old fast bowler Musa Khan has been included in both squads, while 16-year-old pace sensation, Naseem Shah has found a spot in the squad for the two-match Test series.

Musa and Naseem, like Mohammad Hasnain and Shaheen Shah Afridi, are the products of the National Cricket Academy, where they were trained, fine-tuned and prepared for international assignments. The emergence of these boys has only strengthened the NCA’s reputation as a finishing school for future stars.

Besides the two pacers, leg-spinner Usman Qadir and left-handed batsman Khushdil Shah have been included in the T20I squads.

Musa, who has sealed berths in both Test and T20I squads made a big breakthrough in last year’s ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup where he took three wickets in two matches and impressed every one with his pace and control. In seven first-class games to date, Musa has taken 17 wickets.

In the ongoing 2019-20 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, the right-armer has collected five wickets in four matches, in his eight T20 matches so far, Musa has collected 12 wickets including a four-wicket haul in the ongoing National T20 tournament, taking place at the Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad.

Musa also represented Islamabad United in the HBL Pakistan Super League 2019 edition; he featured in seven games for the two-time champions.

Musa Khan said: “I am really happy with my selection for the Australia tour, I am not thinking about bowling to the likes of David Warner or Steve Smith, rather I want to make an impression with my pace and penetration.

“My strength is bowling fast, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar are my fast bowling idols and I want to replicate their performances and instil fear in the batsmen like they did.”

Musa will have teenager Naseem for company in Australia during the Tests, the right-armer Naseem has donned the national colours in age-group cricket at the U16, U19 and Emerging levels, while his sharp bouncers made batsmen duck for cover at the domestic level also.

Naseem, first made an impression in the Pepsi Stars U16 One-Day tournament, Naseem took four wickets in his first match, the youngster hasn’t looked back since and has made his presence felt at all levels. Naseem took three wickets in two T20 matches against Australia u16; he also prospered in the ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup, taking six wickets in three matches.

In five first-class appearances, Naseem has taken 17 wickets; his best bowling figures in an innings are six for 59. In the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2019-20, Naseem has collected nine wickets in three appearances. Naseem and Musa’s inclusion are courageous decisions by the Misbah-ul-Haq-led selection committee, and are aimed at breathing fire in Pakistan’s pace attack on the bouncy Australian tracks.

Naseem Shah said: “Inclusion in the national team is the realisation of a dream; all professional cricketers aspire the same and work hard day-in-day-out. Bowling coach Waqar Younis has asked me to bowl on my strengths and that is exactly what I will aim to do in Australia.

“I have always been inspired and encouraged by watching videos of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar. I aim to make an impression with my speed and swing if given a chance in the Tests against Australia.

“The conditions in Australia help fast-bowlers, my aim is to make maximum use of the conditions and give a tough time to the home side, playing on hard and bouncy pitches will be a great experience and a learning curve for me.”

The national selectors have also included legendary leg-spinner late Abdul Qadir’s son Usman Qadir in the T20I squad. The 26-year-old has played for Perth Scorchers in the Big Bash T20 League in Australia.

In the ongoing National T20 tournament, Usman has impressed with his miserly economy rate and wicket-taking abilities. He has snapped-up four wickets so far while his economy rate is less than seven runs per over.

Usman Qadir said: “I am really happy at my inclusion in the national team. I have good experience of Australian pitches and conditions, I would try my best to live-up to the expectations of the head coach and selectors.

“My father re-invented the googly and I feel that I am its custodian, I learned a lot from him and now is the time to deliver, when I left for Australia my father asked me to give it my all to don Pakistan colours and I am proud that I have made it to the national squad.

“Leg-spinner, googly and flipper are my main weapons, I am confident that I can trouble the batsmen on Australian pitches with these three deliveries.”

Bannu-born, 24-year-old left-handed batsman Khushdil has scored 93 runs at a strike-rate of more than 160 in the ongoing National T20 in Faisalabad. Khushdil has scored 630 runs in 33 T20 matches with the aid of five half-centuries, his highest score is 65.

Khushdil is known for his six-hitting prowess, in 50-over cricket, he has hit 82 sixes in only 54 appearances.

Khushdil Shah said: “I am thrilled at my inclusion in the national T20I squad. I want to replicate my domestic cricket performances at the international level. My style of batting has always been aggressive; I will enter the international arena with the same mindset.

“In domestic cricket I have played alongside Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Rizwan and Iftikhar Ahmed having them around in Australia will be a great help.

Pakistan squads for Australia tour (team names in brackets):

T20Is

1. Babar Azam (captain) (Central Punjab)
    2. Asif Ali (Northern)
    3. Fakhar Zaman (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    4. Haris Sohail (Balochistan)
    5. Iftikhar Ahmed (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    6. Imad Wasim (Northern)
    7. Imam-ul-Haq (Balochistan)
    8. Khushdil Shah (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    9. Mohammad Amir (Northern)
    10. Mohammad Hasnain (Sindh)
    11. Mohammad Irfan (Southern Punjab)
    12. Mohammad Rizwan (wicketkeeper) (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    13. Musa Khan (Northern)
    14. Shadab Khan (Northern)
    15. Usman Qadir (Central Punjab)
    16. Wahab Riaz (Southern Punjab)

Tests
    1. Azhar Ali (captain) (Central Punjab)
    2. Abid Ali (Sindh)
    3. Asad Shafiq (Sindh)
    4. Babar Azam (Central Punjab)
    5. Haris Sohail (Balochistan)
    6. Imam-ul-Haq (Balochistan)
    7. Imran Khan Snr (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    8. Iftikhar Ahmed (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    9. Kashif Bhatti (Sindh)
    10. Mohammad Abbas (Southern Punjab)
    11. Mohammad Rizwan (wicketkeeper) (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
    12. Musa Khan (Northern)
    13. Naseem Shah (Central Punjab)
    14. Shaheen Shah Afridi (Northern)
    15. Shan Masood (Southern Punjab)
    16. Yasir Shah (Balochistan)

Series schedule

31 October – T20 warm-up match v CA XI, Bankstown, Sydney
    3 November – 1st T20I, Sydney
    5 November – 2nd T20I, Canberra
    8 November – 3rd T20I, Perth
    11-13 November – Three-day match v CA XI, Optus Stadium, Perth (d/n)
    15-16 November – Two-day match v CA XI, WACA, Perth
    21-25 November – 1st Test, Brisbane
    29 November-3 December – 2nd Test, Adelaide (d/n)

Name:  f5911949-cd2a-463a-b2fe-024c8ca383b1.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  254.9 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 22nd October 2019 at 13:46.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musa Khan said: “I am really happy with my selection for the Australia tour, I am not thinking about bowling to the likes of David Warner or Steve Smith, rather I want to make an impression with my pace and penetration.

“My strength is bowling fast, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar are my fast bowling idols and I want to replicate their performances and instil fear in the batsmen like they did.”

Musa will have teenager Naseem for company in Australia during the Tests, the right-armer Naseem has donned the national colours in age-group cricket at the U16, U19 and Emerging levels, while his sharp bouncers made batsmen duck for cover at the domestic level also.

Naseem, first made an impression in the Pepsi Stars U16 One-Day tournament, Naseem took four wickets in his first match, the youngster hasn’t looked back since and has made his presence felt at all levels. Naseem took three wickets in two T20 matches against Australia u16; he also prospered in the ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup, taking six wickets in three matches.

In five first-class appearances, Naseem has taken 17 wickets; his best bowling figures in an innings are six for 59. In the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2019-20, Naseem has collected nine wickets in three appearances. Naseem and Musa’s inclusion are courageous decisions by the Misbah-ul-Haq-led selection committee, and are aimed at breathing fire in Pakistan’s pace attack on the bouncy Australian tracks.

Naseem Shah said: “Inclusion in the national team is the realisation of a dream; all professional cricketers aspire the same and work hard day-in-day-out. Bowling coach Waqar Younis has asked me to bowl on my strengths and that is exactly what I will aim to do in Australia.

“I have always been inspired and encouraged by watching videos of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar. I aim to make an impression with my speed and swing if given a chance in the Tests against Australia.

“The conditions in Australia help fast-bowlers, my aim is to make maximum use of the conditions and give a tough time to the home side, playing on hard and bouncy pitches will be a great experience and a learning curve for me.”
    That's the fast bowling attitude we want. Bowling quick and shattering the stumps.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younger pacers are lucky, Waqar will be with them in Australia and will be guiding them at every step.They can;t as for a better teacher and mentor. I'm not expecting much from them right away but excited to see them making a start of their long journey at international level.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

He played at Melbourne and at Adelaide

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    imad wasim isnt good enough?

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    imad wasim isnt good enough?
    Imad isn't a test spinner. Also he has said he doesn't want to play test cricket due to his knee problem.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely agree with above...Nadeem looks the deal..we just like to over rate anybody and everybody