Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Surrey cancel Shadab Khan's contract after T20 Blast postponement

21-year-old Khan has already amassed significant international experience since his Pakistan debut in 2017 having played 35 T20Is and 43 ODIs, including nine wickets in seven matches at this year’s ICC Cricket World Cup.

He was vice-captain of semi-finalists Islamabad United in this year’s Pakistan Super League and has appeared in both the Big Bash League and Caribbean Premier League. In his 94 T20 matches to date since his professional debut in 2016, he has taken 113 wickets with an economy rate of just 6.79.

Speaking after signing his contract, an excited Shadab Khan said: “I’ve been waiting for this opportunity to play county cricket for a long time and T20 cricket at The Kia Oval is a great place to start.

“I’m honoured to be following in the footsteps of some great Pakistan cricketers and will do my best to make both my new team and the Surrey fans proud.”

Director of Cricket Alec Stewart added: “Shadab is one of the most exciting spin bowlers in world cricket and we look forward to seeing him perform for Surrey next year.”

https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/sh...rey-for-blast/
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th October 2019 at 15:24.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs it, wont be easy bowling on belters with small boundaries.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why aren't Pakistanis trying to get county contracts for red ball, or is it colliding with our international schedule?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Doing well in Nat T20 final at the moment, 2 big wickets.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is strange. Hes playing the 100 as well as the blast? He should have been restricted to one tournament for the summer

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surrey cancel Shadab Khan and D'Arcy Short contracts after T20 Blast postponement

Surrey have cancelled the contracts of overseas players Shadab Khan and D'Arcy Short following the postponement of the 2020 T20 Blast competition.

Pakistan leg-spinner Shadab, 21, and Australia batsman Short, 29, signed in October at the end of the 2019 season.

The county said that, with no cricket to be played in England until July, it was mutually agreed to cancel their contracts.

Director of cricket Alec Stewart said: "This is the most sensible decision."

He continued: "I would like to thank both Shadab and D'Arcy and their management companies for their understanding of the current situation and the impact these testing times are having on our game."

Short replaced Aaron Finch as Surrey's overseas batsman and hit 483 runs in 12 innings for Durham in the competition last year.

He was also signed for 125,000 by Trent Rockets for this year's The Hundred competition prior to its postponement until 2021 earlier this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/52500430

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am not a big fan of spinners playing in foreign leagues tbh, especially in England. Those guys are very smart about this and they will pick his brain about all his variations. He is not very smart anyway and will reveal everything. He will be half as effective in intl cricket.