"Besides Babar Azam, we have no batsman who can deliver a phainta to the opposition" : Shoaib Akhtar


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 50 of 50
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    6,700
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    "Besides Babar Azam, we have no batsman who can deliver a phainta to the opposition" : Shoaib Akhtar

    Shoaib Akhtar on his YouTube channel about Pakistan's loss to Australia in the 2nd T20I:

    "Pakistan got a good wicket with even bounce, a flat surface but the openers didn't capitalise on it"

    "Pakistan's batting didn't show a sense of maturity. They could have easily made 200 instead of 150, they could have got close to 200 but they chose not to. Disappointing loss for them"

    "Disappointing for Babar Azam as a captain, he played really well but his effort went in vain"

    "The batsmen didn't show maturity and command, like you see with Steve Smith. Besides Babar Azam, we have no batsman who can take command and deliver a 'phainta' to the opposition"

    "Irfan's left leg isn't working, they should have thought of that before picking him"

    "Pakistan could have won this game easily, could have come close but they chose not to. Australia didn't play well but Pakistan couldn't capitalise"

    "Steve Smith has no technique or style, I am shocked as to how he's so effective, he has 'daleri' (bravery) and he gets to the pitch of the ball. I don't know how he does it. If he was playing in my time, I would have definitely tried to hit him, I would have tried to hurt him. But it's impossible to hurt this guy, he's playing so well, he's one of a kind, wish him best of luck"
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 6th November 2019 at 17:41.

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,573
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar does what babar does and he does it well!
    But no credit to ifti chacha?
    If it weren't for ifti, this would have been an embarrassing loss, as pakistan would have barely managed to score 120 runs, instead of a low but respectable sounding 150.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,193
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Captain obvious, thank you.

    Completely missed Ifti's heroics.

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,573
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Captain obvious, thank you.

    Completely missed Ifti's heroics.
    Poor ifti, whats the odds if he fails in the next match, he gets dropped?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    6,700
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its really sad to see no upcoming batsmen capable of hitting it big with consistency even in domestic cricket.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    6,700
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    However I have high hopes from M.Irfan Khan of U19s , he is the leading run scorer of 2nd XI and his S/R is above 80 in 3 day cricket so far.

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,573
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad saad View Post
    Its really sad to see no upcoming batsmen capable of hitting it big with consistency even in domestic cricket.
    Ahsan ali
    Kushdil shah
    Just to name two, some other youngsters as well, just need to be given a fair chance.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    6,700
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Ahsan ali
    Kushdil shah
    Just to name two, some other youngsters as well, just need to be given a fair chance.
    Ahsan Ali is just a next Asif Ali , highly inconsistent can't play real pace bowling , Khushdil is again not comfortable again genuine pace and bounce.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,193
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Poor ifti, whats the odds if he fails in the next match, he gets dropped?
    He has shown great potential and promise, been performing on the trot and I think he hasn't even been dismissed yet, starting the SL series. Won't be dropped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Saad View Post
    Ahsan Ali is just a next Asif Ali , highly inconsistent can't play real pace bowling , Khushdil is again not comfortable again genuine pace and bounce.
    That is a real problem with our domestic talent pool.

    People don't understand, it takes some serious reflexes and skills to handle international quality bowlers and genuine pace.

    Hitting spinners and 120-134kph trundlers in the domestics is easy. You have to look for someone who has the potential to handle genuine pace.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    6,700
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    He has shown great potential and promise, been performing on the trot and I think he hasn't even been dismissed yet, starting the SL series. Won't be dropped.



    That is a real problem with our domestic talent pool.

    People don't understand, it takes some serious reflexes and skills to handle international quality bowlers and genuine pace.

    Hitting spinners and 120-134kph trundlers in the domestics is easy. You have to look for someone who has the potential to handle genuine pace.
    Our all out flat and low bounce pitches not helping it either.

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,573
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Saad View Post
    Ahsan Ali is just a next Asif Ali , highly inconsistent can't play real pace bowling , Khushdil is again not comfortable again genuine pace and bounce.
    Abit harsh.
    Asif has one big shot, thats it. Ahsan has a range of shots. Pace will be a problem for most of our batsman due to the pitches they play on, but after seeing ifti's performance, surely, we need to try a few of these guys and move on from asif ali.
    Ahsan ali, sohail akthar, naveed malik and kushdil shah have to be better than asif ali?
    If pace is a genuine problem, then the akmal bros and hafeez must be recalled for the world t20, otherwise we are going to get knocked out in the group stage, posting scores of 130 to 140.
    Umar needs misbah to coach him on how to play spin, after all, misbah is not only chief selector and coach, but also the batting coach.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,193
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Ahsan ali, sohail akthar, naveed malik and kushdil shah have to be better than asif ali?
    If pace is a genuine problem, then the akmal bros and hafeez must be recalled for the world t20, otherwise we are going to get knocked out in the group stage, posting scores of 130 to 140.
    Umar needs misbah to coach him on how to play spin, after all, misbah is not only chief selector and coach, but also the batting coach.
    One of them might be better than Asif Ali. Can't say for sure. Asif's in a very bad patch and he does like his mid wicket slogs.

    Pace is indeed a genuine problem. Umar is needed, so is Sharjeel. One or two other batsmen comfortable against pace.

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,573
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    One of them might be better than Asif Ali. Can't say for sure. Asif's in a very bad patch and he does like his mid wicket slogs.

    Pace is indeed a genuine problem. Umar is needed, so is Sharjeel. One or two other batsmen comfortable against pace.
    Pakistani players who can play pace are
    Shajeel khan(pre ban)
    Umar akmal
    M. hafeez
    kamran akmal
    And now we know ifti can

    So along with babar and imad, theres your top 7 for the world t20 in australia, next year, with fakhar replacing shajeel, if shajeel does not recapture his pre ban form.

    Now how do we convince everyone on here this is the team required when most people hate the akmal bros and hafeez.
    More importantly, will misbah take a risk again, after umar's dreadful showing against SL. Umar has to work on his batting against spin, i first noticed his weakness against spin when harbi bowled him in the 2011 wc semi, he doesn't seemed to have worked on this issue at all, and looks all at sea against spin. Even though wc will be in australia, india, afghanistan, bangladesh and SL will play alot of spinners and even aussies and NZ will play spinners.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,193
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Pakistani players who can play pace are
    Shajeel khan(pre ban)
    Umar akmal
    M. hafeez
    kamran akmal
    And now we know ifti can

    So along with babar and imad, theres your top 7 for the world t20 in australia, next year, with fakhar replacing shajeel, if shajeel does not recapture his pre ban form.

    Now how do we convince everyone on here this is the team required when most people hate the akmal bros and hafeez.
    More importantly, will misbah take a risk again, after umar's dreadful showing against SL. Umar has to work on his batting against spin, i first noticed his weakness against spin when harbi bowled him in the 2011 wc semi, he doesn't seemed to have worked on this issue at all, and looks all at sea against spin. Even though wc will be in australia, india, afghanistan, bangladesh and SL will play alot of spinners and even aussies and NZ will play spinners.
    Husain Talat is a better option than Kami, as Kami's reflexes won't support him anymore. Umar can keep. Has to work on spin playing though, yes.

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,573
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Husain Talat is a better option than Kami, as Kami's reflexes won't support him anymore. Umar can keep. Has to work on spin playing though, yes.
    Not convinced with husain talat.
    I think kamran is more reliable with the bat than umar.
    Anyway, want to pick a team that can win the world t20. But also need to look to future players, can't keep selecting old guys like kami and hafeez as their reflexes will be going, like you said.
    Need to get some of these youngsters in the squad, so they can face our bowlers in the nets, and hopefully, they can adjust to internatinal cricket standards.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,845
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Added quotes to OP.

    Enjoy

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    6,401
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even before this series started, I was only interested in Azam and Shaheen's performances vs a world class team.

    And I am afraid, that's all the positive result we might get


    Major phaintas are on the way!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    4,546
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be honest. I know what Shoaib is going to say before he says it.

    if Pakistan does well tomorrow, I can predict what he is going to say there as well.

    He is predictable, devoid of insight and utterly boring.

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    15,183
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Added quotes to OP.

    Enjoy
    Seems like everybody has a YouTube channel now.

    Shoaib Akhtar, Ramiz Raja, Rashid Latif, Saqlain Mushtaq, Mohammad Wasim, Shahid Afridi, maybe more.

    Tanvir Ahmed also has a channel. He probably gives the best analysis.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    183,662
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    "Irfan's left leg isn't working, they should have thought of that before picking him"

    Wonder how Akhtar knows this? no one else seems to have noticed this!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,573
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar doesn't really give a phainta to anyone. Hes a good player and very consistent, but doesn't have a power game. Ifti gave the aussies a phainta.
    Fakhar used to be able to give teams a phainta and before him shajeel and occasionally afridi.
    These type of hit and miss players are needed to compliment babar, thats the only way we will score big. Abid ali, imam, haris sohail and rizwan are not t20 players.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    3,825
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib and his daleri

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    15,183
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Seems like everybody has a YouTube channel now.

    Shoaib Akhtar, Ramiz Raja, Rashid Latif, Saqlain Mushtaq, Mohammad Wasim, Shahid Afridi, maybe more.

    Tanvir Ahmed also has a channel. He probably gives the best analysis.
    Now Salman Butt's YT channel has also popped up in my recommended.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,762
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Babar is the only truly quality batter we have produced after Youhana. The rest all are flawed in some way or another. So its been more than 20 years since we have delivered. It shows.

  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daleri, Jaan-nasheen are important factors for Shoaib. Whoever is good has Daleri. Whoever is bad is buzdil. Lmao

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,406
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Babar is the only truly quality batter we have produced after Youhana. The rest all are flawed in some way or another. So its been more than 20 years since we have delivered. It shows.
    Harris is pretty good as well.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    24,612
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i ODIs we are fine as Imam, Fakhar, Babar, Haris, Rizwan are more than capable of scoring 270+ more often than not as we have seen before. Playing at a SR of 80-100 isnt much of a problem with these players.

    However problem comes in in T20s as well as finishing the innings in ODIs. I think Iftikhar has been doing decently as innings finisher in T20s and ODIs since his come back, one more batsman ideally as a backup in ODIs and in the playing Xi of T20 is needed. Hopefully Khushdil can show some potential there.

    Players like Ahsan Ali, Sharjeel Khan and maybe Sohail Akhtar should be in the T20 squad as they are natural strikers of the ball.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    617
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why does Shoaib always talk like he's analyzing a wrestling match? The fact that he has a million subscribers tells you everything you need to know about Pakistan cricket fans.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    536
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Now Salman Butt's YT channel has also popped up in my recommended.
    I think they’ve found the cure for late-career unemployment in Pakistan cricket.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    536
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    I think i ODIs we are fine as Imam, Fakhar, Babar, Haris, Rizwan are more than capable of scoring 270+ more often than not as we have seen before. Playing at a SR of 80-100 isnt much of a problem with these players.

    However problem comes in in T20s as well as finishing the innings in ODIs. I think Iftikhar has been doing decently as innings finisher in T20s and ODIs since his come back, one more batsman ideally as a backup in ODIs and in the playing Xi of T20 is needed. Hopefully Khushdil can show some potential there.

    Players like Ahsan Ali, Sharjeel Khan and maybe Sohail Akhtar should be in the T20 squad as they are natural strikers of the ball.
    I think it’s ironic that just when we finally developed a decent ODI team in the aftermath of one our longest losing streaks, we don’t have any ODIs for a year

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,845
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    More analysis from Shoaib:

    "Naseem Shah decided to stay on despite the news of his mother's passing away - I feel that this was a difficult decision for him but a courageous one"

    "His mother must have been happy to see him being selected for Pakistan but sadly she could not see him play for Pakistan"

    "We need to give Kudos to Naseem Shah for staying back"

    "As a bowler I can say that Pakistan has found a solid [Tagra] fast-bowler"

    "What I really like about Naseem Shah is that he understands how to bowl"

    "To know how to bowl at this young age is amazing and its inbuilt in some - this is same as Mohammad Amir as when he come on to the scene in 2009, I wanted to take retirement as I felt that with Amir and Asif in the side, there was no place for me in the side"

    "In the 2007/8 period with Asif and then in 2009 with Amir, it was clear that these were the world's best fast-bowlers"

    "After a long time Pakistan has found a good fast-bowler who has 'jaan' and is 'tagra' but its still too early to say as I would like to play Tests and see how he reacts to being bashed around"

    "I want to see a fast-bowler who has a strong character and I know that every fast-bowler gets hit about in Australia but when you fight it out, you are also appreciated there"

    "It wont be easy for Pakistan in the Tests - although they have done well in the side match, bowlers have bowled well, and ifti etc have batted well"

    "If Pakistan takes control of some sessions in a Test then it will be easy for Pakistan"

    "The weakest link for Pakistan in the past has been that of the captain; If only Sarfaraz Ahmed had captained in the way he had done during the CT17 then he would have been ready for this challenge but unfortunately he sacrificed himself to develop other players"

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    23,625
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Seriously, every day he uploads a video?


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,193
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jazba
    Dileri
    Badmashi
    Tagra-pan
    Badmashi
    @freelance_cricketer boss he's back

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    23,625
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Saad View Post
    "Steve Smith has no technique or style, I am shocked as to how he's so effective, he has 'daleri' (bravery) and he gets to the pitch of the ball. I don't know how he does it. If he was playing in my time, I would have definitely tried to hit him, I would have tried to hurt him. But it's impossible to hurt this guy, he's playing so well, he's one of a kind, wish him best of luck"
    Dumb, dumber, dumbest.

    The problem is he probably has an audience who is lapping it up.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,845
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Seriously, every day he uploads a video?
    I blame your countrymen.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,570
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Babar Azam Is he Josh Hazlewood BUNNY?

    Pakistan tour of Australia 2016-17
    got out lbw 2 times
    and caught to smith im guessing must be at slip (2times)
    so Big question is will he Be Hazlewood bunny again?
    Attached Images Attached Images     


    To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    4,820
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is amazing. Hands down the best we’ve had in the last 3 years. But I gotta admit the best batsman Pakistan has seen in the last decade is Sharjeel. No one come close.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,762
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Babar is amazing. Hands down the best we’ve had in the last 3 years. But I gotta admit the best batsman Pakistan has seen in the last decade is Sharjeel. No one come close.
    Sharjeel? For about 30 balls.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    28,067
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Babar is amazing. Hands down the best we’ve had in the last 3 years. But I gotta admit the best batsman Pakistan has seen in the last decade is Sharjeel. No one come close.
    Really- an average slogger is our best batsmen of the last decade?

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    484
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Babar is amazing. Hands down the best we’ve had in the last 3 years. But I gotta admit the best batsman Pakistan has seen in the last decade is Sharjeel. No one come close.
    In terms of what? "Talent"? Hand-eye coordination? Possibly.

    But overall, he had a really poor technique. Still remember the way he used to shovel across the bowl to play the full ball outside off. Teams would have eventually caught on. Did not see enough of him in difficult conditions, but when he did face even a tinge of swing, he struggled. Still remember how comprehensively he was bowled by Wood in the 2nd ODI in 2016.

    Babar is easily better.

  41. #41
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    4,820
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Really- an average slogger is our best batsmen of the last decade?
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    In terms of what? "Talent"? Hand-eye coordination? Possibly.

    But overall, he had a really poor technique. Still remember the way he used to shovel across the bowl to play the full ball outside off. Teams would have eventually caught on. Did not see enough of him in difficult conditions, but when he did face even a tinge of swing, he struggled. Still remember how comprehensively he was bowled by Wood in the 2nd ODI in 2016.

    Babar is easily better.
    Y'all just gotta watch the last Australia tour and compare Sharjeel and Babar. Sharjeel can win you games and Babar can score runs. 2 different kinds of players. Also....here's Mark Wood in the 3rd ODI...keep an eye out for over 8


  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    55,251
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Jazba
    Dileri
    Badmashi
    Tagra-pan
    Badmashi
    @freelance_cricketer boss he's back
    Only trust a man who can call a spade a spade.

    Shoaib Akhtar days it as he sees it and you always know what he says comes from his heart and is never intended to be politically correct.

    I agree with Shabby. Bobby is world class and is class apart.

    Whole world wishes him well and expects a 50+ average it even better series down other with one test century at least.

    Good luck guys.

  43. #43
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    2,656
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Dumb, dumber, dumbest.

    The problem is he probably has an audience who is lapping it up.
    People must realise that Smith actually has very good technique and he gets into good positions to play the ball, he is also still when he makes contact and when the ball is delivered. He may before the ball is bowled, but not during. He masks his technique with his unusual set up and his fidgety nature. His unusual style has obviously got the stupid people thinking he has zero technique.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    55,251
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Let's not forget Steven The BoBo Smith hasn't come across an ATG spinner like Warney, Murali, Brother Jumbo, Saqi or Ajji.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    3,313
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Let's not forget Steven The BoBo Smith hasn't come across an ATG spinner like Warney, Murali, Brother Jumbo, Saqi or Ajji.
    So it is his problem not to face them?
    Those guys retired before he started playing.
    It's like saying Viv didn't face his bowlers,
    Bradman didn't play in subcontinent.
    Last edited by andy0204; 20th November 2019 at 14:06.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Shoaib Akhtar is a gift that keeps on giving

    Shoaib Akhtar on game on hai and his YouTube channel is a gift that keeps on giving. Few quotes below :
    “Naseem shah ne apni age thodi Kam likhwadi”
    “If I become PCB chairman I will fire 600 people and j keep 50 and make them work from 8 to 8. I will double their salary but take more work from them”
    “Pakistan cricket will become worse than hockey in next 1-2 years under this management”
    “Azhar Ali is Sharief but that doesn’t mean ke us ko Kaptaan bana do”

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    183,662
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaoib Akhtar on his channel:

    "It was a gallant effort from Pakistan, with a 100 from Babar and whilst Rizwan could not get 100 but that's still ok for me"

    "We made some mistakes like we should have played Haris Sohail at number 6 where he could play the role of Adam Gilchrist, where he could play in a flashy style and score some runs"

    "Babar is our number one batsman and number one batsman always comes on top of the order [number 3]"

    "Then we made the mistake of not playing Abbas; Both Imran and Abbas have same pace but Abbas is senior and understands how to bowl"

    "Naseem Shah was very good and a great find, he was removed after 4 overs and that should not have happened and I am not sure what the issue is - was it lack of energy?"

    Pakistan looked comfortable in the 2nd innings and it always seems that it takes them a Test match to get going, and Waqar also said that if we had 4-5 Tests, we would perform better"

    "There is some logic in this as with other sub-continental sides, it does take a Test to adjust"

    "Pakistan needs to comeback with an aggressive mindset as if you play with a timid field setting and attitude in Australia, then they will give you a hiding [phainta]"

    "And Australian bowling can be handled very easily, Cummins is a good bowler but I feel that Pakistan could have managed him with a better effort"

    "In Adelaide usually there are a lot of runs but I have a feeling they prepare a fast-paced wicket"

    "We havent won against Australia because they are the best team for the last decade or so"

    "I have a feeling that there is no place for Iftikhar in the team and I feel Imam will make a comeback, and if we want a pacy bowler, then we can consider Musa Khan"
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th November 2019 at 21:22.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    phainta, tagda, daleri, jaanbaazi..... The summary of Shoaib Akthar speaking.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifecric7 View Post
    phainta, tagda, daleri, jaanbaazi..... The summary of Shoaib Akthar speaking.
    You missed Imran Khan.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    5,668
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifecric7 View Post
    Shoaib Akhtar on game on hai and his YouTube channel is a gift that keeps on giving. Few quotes below :
    “Naseem shah ne apni age thodi Kam likhwadi”
    “If I become PCB chairman I will fire 600 people and j keep 50 and make them work from 8 to 8. I will double their salary but take more work from them”
    “Pakistan cricket will become worse than hockey in next 1-2 years under this management”
    “Azhar Ali is Sharief but that doesn’t mean ke us ko Kaptaan bana do”
    most that is right on, albeit exaggerated

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •