Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 90
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    112,366
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

    “Losing one series doesn’t mean that we are not the number 1 ranked T20I team" : Babar Azam

    Babar Azam speaking to the press:

    “Today I got out early and we couldn’t set a total that we could defend but Iftikhar played nicely in the middle and contributed well”

    “This is my first tour to Australia as Captain and I have learnt a lot; I have made mistakes and will do my best to ensure that such mistakes are not repeated again”

    “Players can have a bad patch in terms of performances; However, we will continue to back them so that they can come out of this bad patch”

    “Yes, we are disappointed by our bowling performances and this is why we made some changes today; We brought in Musa and Hasnain to give chances to our younger players so that they can perform as well”

    “Losing one series doesn’t mean that we are not the number 1 ranked T20I team; Regardless of our performances, we are giving it our 100%; We have a side of young and experienced players but unfortunately things didn’t click for us in the way we were expecting it to be”

    “I wasn’t captain during the recent series against Sri Lanka but I am still disappointed; This was my first tour as captain and I learnt a lot of new things which will help me in the future”

    “When wickets fall very early, the pressure mounts on the batsmen who are new to the crease. During such times, you can have dot balls and in our case, we tried to recover later but the loss of back to back wickets did not help”

    “Of course we are disappointed that we lost the T20I series but looking ahead, we have some new guys in the Test side and we will try to gain confidence by doing well in the warm-up games before the Test series”

    “I am feeling very confident about my form and will try to continue doing well; The longer format of the game requires a different mindset so I will work to get myself in the right frame of mind in the 3-Day and 2-Day games and hope to take the same form with me into the Test series as well”
    Last edited by MenInG; 8th November 2019 at 19:18.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,813
    Mentioned
    6130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    The first step to redemption would be for Pakistan to accept that they were never the best T20 team in the last few years irrespective of the ranking.

    Both the players/management and the fans come across as equally delusional and out of touch with reality.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi,Pakistan
    Runs
    72
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take babar out of the side and this side is as mediocre as they get

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Pak lost the last one before this as well.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Humza_Razzaque View Post
    Take babar out of the side and this side is as mediocre as they get
    I am afraid that even Babar would regress due to so much mental pressure of not only single handedly carrying the batting but leading such a pathetic side. I am not sure if Babar is mentally strong enough to not let such pressure affect his batting.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Well, Pak lost the last one before this as well.
    lol true

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    565
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They're an average side in all formats.

    As for T20s ...they may have the right personnel at the right places but they're not delivering.

    Rizwan should not be allowed to bat anywhere above no 9.

    In the absence of world class batsmen, bar Babar...this sort of line up is actually ideal on paper because the intention is there but that doesnt mean they're good enough (yet) to deliver.

    Babar
    Fakhar
    Ifrikhar
    Khushdil
    Asif
    Imad
    Shadab
    ....blah blah blah...and blah!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    112,366
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Pakistan holding on by the faintest of margins...


    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1476
Size:  36.4 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan holding on by the faintest of margins...


    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1476
Size:  36.4 KB
    Wow! India is at 5th position? Never knew this. We deserve to be at 5th for picking players like Khaleels, Krunals and Pants. Sunday's match will decide the fate of these self-proclaimed IPL superstars.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,107
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainStopsPlay View Post
    Wow! India is at 5th position? Never knew this. We deserve to be at 5th for picking players like Khaleels, Krunals and Pants. Sunday's match will decide the fate of these self-proclaimed IPL superstars.
    For a team that has an IPL it shocking India has never been No.1 in this format whatever the excuses etc. The WC they won was before the advent of IPL.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,982
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    For a team that has an IPL it shocking India has never been No.1 in this format whatever the excuses etc. The WC they won was before the advent of IPL.
    I surely remember that We were no. 1 in all three formats at some point.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,982
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainStopsPlay View Post
    Wow! India is at 5th position? Never knew this. We deserve to be at 5th for picking players like Khaleels, Krunals and Pants. Sunday's match will decide the fate of these self-proclaimed IPL superstars.
    Kohli skipped many t20 series, so did bumrah, pandya and bhuvi, we are playing our b team in t20is these days.
    I am not saying that our A team is world beater but surely we are amongst top 3.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    472
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    For a team that has an IPL it shocking India has never been No.1 in this format whatever the excuses etc. The WC they won was before the advent of IPL.
    We were no.1 in 2016 and few times before that

    And also have the highest W/L ratio among all elite teams

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,813
    Mentioned
    6130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    A full-strength India is a mighty T20 side. However, like other elite sides, they use this format for experiments and hence the ranking cannot be taken seriously.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Kohli skipped many t20 series, so did bumrah, pandya and bhuvi, we are playing our b team in t20is these days.
    I am not saying that our A team is world beater but surely we are amongst top 3.
    I understand Kohli and Bumrah's workload being the premium players in all formats. What did Pandya achieve to be entitled to that luxury?

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    6,563
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    For a team that has an IPL it shocking India has never been No.1 in this format whatever the excuses etc. The WC they won was before the advent of IPL.
    Bench strength is not the strongest. We miss a Peak Yuvraj. Bowling is very thin without Bumrah/In form BK, Chahal, Kuldeep.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    17,453
    Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    For me, Haris was the biggest disappointment. Didn't expect Fakhar or Asif to fire given their technical flaws..Rizwan is not cut out for T20. Iftikhar has been a pleasant surprise..didn't think he would do well on Aus pitches..Haris definetly better suited to longer format but he didnt even attempt to build an innings..drop it with soft hands and rotate the strike like you do in ODI's..it just felt like 3 dots balls and an ugly swipe was coming


    Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    1,583
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The first step to redemption would be for Pakistan to accept that they were never the best T20 team in the last few years irrespective of the ranking.

    Both the players/management and the fans come across as equally delusional and out of touch with reality.
    one thing we all can agree on is even being non performer captain sarfraz has carried this mediocre team pretty well.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,982
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainStopsPlay View Post
    I understand Kohli and Bumrah's workload being the premium players in all formats. What did Pandya achieve to be entitled to that luxury?
    He isnt a world beater but he has a fixed spot in our t20i team.
    He averages 28 at 140 str rate, bow thats good enough for a no. 7 all rounder.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,455
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have lost the last 4 series in a row and has a w/l of 1:8 in 2019.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,165
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Except we've lost the last three prior to this.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    3,178
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Well, Pak lost the last one before this as well.
    And the one before that and the one before that as well.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,361
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One off scenarios are okay in T20. But this doesn't appear to be one-off. It was completely one-sided. Pak has played 10 T20s this year lost 8 of them won 1 of them. Most teams try fringe players in bilateral T20s. But since world T20 is around the corner most teams will try to field their close to best side.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,648
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Winning one match against India in T20 doesn't make you a good side - for the Bangladesh team

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    168
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    We were no.1 in 2016 and few times before that

    And also have the highest W/L ratio among all elite teams
    Ya...No.1 in 2014 as well for few months
    But india overall under achieved T20 wcs


    Still india has Best win percentage

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    4,627
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Pakistan have lost the last 4 series in a row and has a w/l of 1:8 in 2019.
    I think this trend shall continue. Pakistan is not a team which deserves the no 1 spot anymore. This is harsh truth. They shall soon slip to no 4 I think . India, Aust ,England are better T20 sides

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    4,627
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Winning one match against India in T20 doesn't make you a good side - for the Bangladesh team
    That win was an upset I shall label it. If BD can win the third t20 then I shall take back my words.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,455
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    I think this trend shall continue. Pakistan is not a team which deserves the no 1 spot anymore. This is harsh truth. They shall soon slip to no 4 I think . India, Aust ,England are better T20 sides
    Weakest no.1 team in any format ever.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    112,366
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur on TV:

    "At the moment, captaincy isn't affecting Babar's batting. Now is the tough time for him because he's got to face the media. The media in Pakistan is tough work, they grind you down. It's going to wear him down more and more so I hope he has the sense of character to let it go like water off a duck's back"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,107
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    I surely remember that We were no. 1 in all three formats at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Kohli skipped many t20 series, so did bumrah, pandya and bhuvi, we are playing our b team in t20is these days.
    I am not saying that our A team is world beater but surely we are amongst top 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    We were no.1 in 2016 and few times before that

    And also have the highest W/L ratio among all elite teams
    They are currently No.5 which is surely too low I agree kholi has been rested in few games but Bumrah played most of them until recently. And I actually dont think kholi type players make huge difference in T20s I prefer players like Rohit and pandya as I think when the WC comes around team with most power usually end up winning. Otherwise you must have a GUN bowling attack.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,455
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Reminds me of this thread.
    That's exactly what I had in mind. Looks like our test no.1 is much more meaningful than this fake no.1 ranking ever was

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    241
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    For me, Haris was the biggest disappointment. Didn't expect Fakhar or Asif to fire given their technical flaws..Rizwan is not cut out for T20. Iftikhar has been a pleasant surprise..didn't think he would do well on Aus pitches..Haris definetly better suited to longer format but he didnt even attempt to build an innings..drop it with soft hands and rotate the strike like you do in ODI's..it just felt like 3 dots balls and an ugly swipe was coming
    I feel the same way. After his aggressive revamp in the World Cup, I thought he might finally be a reliable batsman in T20Is too alongside Babar. He definitely has all the proper batsman skills and if he was hitting cleanly like he seemed to be before, we could have the two of them in all formats. Hasn’t worked out that way sadly.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    66
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Weakest no.1 team in any format ever.
    Well Pakistan has held the no.1 ranking continuously for 650 days, which is the most for any team in T20I's by far. Yes the team has been ruined by Misbah, but not sure how its the weakest no.1 team ever.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,107
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyway he can concentrate on tests for now.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    11,739
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Weakest no.1 team in any format ever.
    Every team in the process of loosing the no 1 ranking in any format looks weakest at that time.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,455
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Every team in the process of loosing the no 1 ranking in any format looks weakest at that time.
    You've been getting pounded all year home and away . I have not seen any no1 team do that badly in any format.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Mickey Arthur on TV:

    "At the moment, captaincy isn't affecting Babar's batting. Now is the tough time for him because he's got to face the media. The media in Pakistan is tough work, they grind you down. It's going to wear him down more and more so I hope he has the sense of character to let it go like water off a duck's back"
    This, exactly this. This is what I have been saying. By appointing Babar as captain, we have taken the risk through which we could lose our best batsman.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    11,739
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    You've been getting pounded all year home and away . I have not seen any no1 team do that badly in any format.
    If a no1 team never did badly how come that team ever lost the no 1 ranking in the first place? In T20s I dont think home and away make much big of a difference.

    And wasnt T20 the format that didnt have any meaning till few months ago according to many posters?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    You've been getting pounded all year home and away . I have not seen any no1 team do that badly in any format.
    The credibility of t20 rankings can be shown by the fact that we, so called number 1, got whitewashed by B team of number 7 ranked sri lanka at home. Can you imagine England ODI team getting whitewashed by B team of Bangladesh or Indian test team getting whitewashed by B team of Pakistan?

  40. #40
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    2,249
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    You've been getting pounded all year home and away . I have not seen any no1 team do that badly in any format.
    The no. 1 team thing is just a ruse, we didnt play any top teams in a 3 match series away from home.
    Can we win the world t20 in a years time, well we have babar and we have found ifti, just need to find 4 more dynamic batsman(lol).


  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    If a no1 team never did badly how come that team ever lost the no 1 ranking in the first place? In T20s I dont think home and away make much big of a difference.

    And wasnt T20 the format that didnt have any meaning till few months ago according to many posters?
    see my comment above, the quicker you come out of your delusions, the better for your mental health, otherwise pakistan's constant humiliations will surely put you in depression

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    66
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    You've been getting pounded all year home and away . I have not seen any no1 team do that badly in any format.
    India was no.1 in test cricket during 2011/2012 period when they lost 0-8 in Aus an Eng. I have seen no no.1 side loose that badly.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana View Post
    India was no.1 in test cricket during 2011/2012 period when they lost 0-8 in Aus an Eng. I have seen no no.1 side loose that badly.
    I guess thats still better than being number 1 in tests and then getting whitewashed by Sri Lanka at 'home'- which happened to us lol

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    11,739
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaib88 View Post
    see my comment above, the quicker you come out of your delusions, the better for your mental health, otherwise pakistan's constant humiliations will surely put you in depression
    Lol! Bro I take it just as a sport and a game ofcourse one gets disappointed on a loss. Winning, loosing, ups and downs in eras etc is part of the game and that is why we all love it. If one gets depressed over seeing his team loosing in sport than no point in watching in my opinion.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,455
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana View Post
    India was no.1 in test cricket during 2011/2012 period when they lost 0-8 in Aus an Eng. I have seen no no.1 side loose that badly.
    No we lost the ranking after the England test series. Also won at home in between those two tours. Pskistan were whitewashed by an SL C team at home in addition to being beaten in SA,ENG and now OZ!

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Lol! Bro I take it just as a sport and a game ofcourse one gets disappointed on a loss. Winning, loosing, ups and downs in eras etc is part of the game and that is why we all love it. If one gets depressed over seeing his team loosing in sport than no point in watching in my opinion.
    Agreed

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    2,423
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan holding on by the faintest of margins...


    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1476
Size:  36.4 KB
    Weheyy! we're still no.1 - time to do bhangra. Take that you haters!

  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    66
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaib88 View Post
    I guess thats still better than being number 1 in tests and then getting whitewashed by Sri Lanka at 'home'- which happened to us lol
    Pakistan wasn't no.1 in test cricket when they lost to Sri Lanka in 2017, they were ranked 6th. As for Pakistan's no.1 t20 ranking, come back to me when some other team win 11 series in a row and holds no.1 rank for 2 years before calling it the weakest no.1 team ever.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    11,739
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Weheyy! we're still no.1 - time to do bhangra. Take that you haters!
    It just shows how much far ahead we were in the format in terms of points that even after loosing 4 series on a roll we are still no 1.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,803
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainStopsPlay View Post
    Wow! India is at 5th position? Never knew this. We deserve to be at 5th for picking players like Khaleels, Krunals and Pants. Sunday's match will decide the fate of these self-proclaimed IPL superstars.
    Now you will be attacked by some IPL fans who will remind you that India apart from WC doesn't take international T20's seriously.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,519
    Mentioned
    2113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan holding on by the faintest of margins...


    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1476
Size:  36.4 KB
    I even didn't know this!!!!! Somehow, we raised to 9th (Honestly, I don't look at our T20 rankings fearing that I'll see IRL & Scotland have crossed ...), and more importantly above WIN - but looks like short term glory .... WIN under Pollard is going to smash AFG talent in next series - they are calling back their available best players

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,043
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its remarkable how bad the side has become in a little less than a year. These are largely the same players who were leading the way in this format and beating everyone. What has actually gone wrong ?

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,043
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    It just shows how much far ahead we were in the format in terms of points that even after loosing 4 series on a roll we are still no 1.
    Exactly

    Almost this exact collection of players beat a rampant windies, beat england, beat the staffers et al ...so how have they all gone so bad at the same time ? This needs to be investigated.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    11,391
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One series doesn't matter but Pak has been continuously losing in T20's since 2018. The fact is that Pak benefited from those UAE wickets where 150 was enough for Pakistan's spinners.

    Now Pak has to play on dead wickets (batting roads in Pak) and the real Pakistan is in front of us all. Even if Pakistan magically scores 170 the opposition will out do us. Simply because our batsmen except Babar are not good enough to cope with the RRR in T20's.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    157
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    One series doesn't matter but Pak has been continuously losing in T20's since 2018. The fact is that Pak benefited from those UAE wickets where 150 was enough for Pakistan's spinners.

    Now Pak has to play on dead wickets (batting roads in Pak) and the real Pakistan is in front of us all. Even if Pakistan magically scores 170 the opposition will out do us. Simply because our batsmen except Babar are not good enough to cope with the RRR in T20's.
    Pakistan were regularly scoring 170-180 under Mickey in NZ,Eng, Zim, SA etc. Its pretty obvious that its the Misbah mentality which is dragging us back.

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,668
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Its remarkable how bad the side has become in a little less than a year. These are largely the same players who were leading the way in this format and beating everyone. What has actually gone wrong ?
    Other teams make plans for PCT and PCT doesnít improve except a couple of em.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,519
    Mentioned
    2113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Exactly

    Almost this exact collection of players beat a rampant windies, beat england, beat the staffers et al ...so how have they all gone so bad at the same time ? This needs to be investigated.
    Jason Mo's WIN wasn't quite rampant to be honest, and the Saffers actually won the series with Jr. Dala opening bowling... That ENG T20 was won 3+ years back ....

  58. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't this Pakistan's 4th consecutive T20 series loss ?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,455
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Exactly

    Almost this exact collection of players beat a rampant windies, beat england, beat the staffers et al ...so how have they all gone so bad at the same time ? This needs to be investigated.
    Other teams taking t20 seriously for WC next year. + Misbah effect


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  60. #60
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    711
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    One series doesn't matter but Pak has been continuously losing in T20's since 2018. The fact is that Pak benefited from those UAE wickets where 150 was enough for Pakistan's spinners.

    Now Pak has to play on dead wickets (batting roads in Pak) and the real Pakistan is in front of us all. Even if Pakistan magically scores 170 the opposition will out do us. Simply because our batsmen except Babar are not good enough to cope with the RRR in T20's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Other teams taking t20 seriously for WC next year. + Misbah effect

    It has absolutely nothing to do with Misbah. The Ayers just weren't good enough to cleanly strike the ball, they were trying to play shots but not good enough. If it was "Misbah effect" they'd be purposely blocking. Which isn't the case.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi,Pakistan
    Runs
    72
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we dont have a good psl next year and dont manage to find some players to fill these huge loop holes in the side we are pretty much doomed
    Heck even if we do we would only have months to prepare them for the T20 WC

  62. #62
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    1,379
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Now you will be attacked by some IPL fans who will remind you that India apart from WC doesn't take international T20's seriously.
    It’s hilarious I find that quite pathetic actually when some Indian posters say they don’t take t20is seriously when their own captain rohit Sharma was like in the pre match conference we are taking t20 cricket very seriously. We realize this is the format we are number 5 or 6 in and we want to be at the top in this format as well. What else do these fans want to hear from their captain to let them know how serious they take t20is when the guy said they want to be at the top of the rankings.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    2,475
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Isn't this Pakistan's 4th consecutive T20 series loss ?
    Yes.

    Incredible how the team is still number 1 after losing so much series.

  64. #64
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    13,426
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan just need to find 4-5 new batsman.

    Guys like Amin, Rizwan H, and Ahsan should be tried.

    Hopefully in the next series, Pakistan can give a better performance.

    All they need to do is build a bit of momentum and then we will all see who the real #1 team is.

    Let's just hope that Misbah doesn't recall both Malik and Hafeez.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    11,391
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg111 View Post
    Pakistan were regularly scoring 170-180 under Mickey in NZ,Eng, Zim, SA etc. Its pretty obvious that its the Misbah mentality which is dragging us back.
    That is not right at all. Once Pak scored because of a Sharjeel blinder + Fakhar brilliance in Zim. Otherwise in general Pak always relied on defending or chasing 140-150 scores in the UAE.

    There is a reason Pak didn't win in SA. The wicket was so flat that the opposition outscored Pak with a B team. Exactly my point. The same team wouldn't have been able to score more than 130 and Pak would have chased it down with their experience in the deserts of UAE.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,256
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    They are currently No.5 which is surely too low I agree kholi has been rested in few games but Bumrah played most of them until recently. And I actually dont think kholi type players make huge difference in T20s I prefer players like Rohit and pandya as I think when the WC comes around team with most power usually end up winning. Otherwise you must have a GUN bowling attack.
    You gotta be freaking kidding me right? Kohli single handedly took us to the semifinals in the last one and the finals before that, there is a limit of what a man can do even if he is Kohli. Now it makes sense for a uber elite player like him to skip meaningless bilateral t20s. Since we are pretty good in the main two formats we can have the luxury to not take bilateral t20s seriously unlike lesser teams.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    73,261
    Mentioned
    1635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Number 1 only by name really.

    Playing like a number 6 or 7 ranked team at the moment.

    Poor tactics, team selections and approach.



  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,888
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have made peace with the fact we are not the number 1 T20 team despite what the ranking says. Other than Babar (and even he has serious competition for his place) , which of our other players get in a world 11? The number 1 team in any format should dominate a world 11.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    81
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    They are currently No.5 which is surely too low I agree kholi has been rested in few games but Bumrah played most of them until recently. And I actually dont think kholi type players make huge difference in T20s I prefer players like Rohit and pandya as I think when the WC comes around team with most power usually end up winning. Otherwise you must have a GUN bowling attack.
    DAMN. Kohli almost won India world cup single handedly in 2016. He has played some of the memorable innings in T20s that Rohit and Pandya can only dream off.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,256
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrusade911 View Post
    DAMN. Kohli almost won India world cup single handedly in 2016. He has played some of the memorable innings in T20s that Rohit and Pandya can only dream off.
    This exactly, thank you.

  71. #71
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    10,378
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's unfortunate Babar became captain under a crap, narrow minded dictator.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,361
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    I think this trend shall continue. Pakistan is not a team which deserves the no 1 spot anymore. This is harsh truth. They shall soon slip to no 4 I think . India, Aust ,England are better T20 sides
    I would put NZ also above India. India will not gel as a team as they never play together in a T20

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    Melbourne(Dilli)
    Runs
    237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    It’s hilarious I find that quite pathetic actually when some Indian posters say they don’t take t20is seriously when their own captain rohit Sharma was like in the pre match conference we are taking t20 cricket very seriously. We realize this is the format we are number 5 or 6 in and we want to be at the top in this format as well. What else do these fans want to hear from their captain to let them know how serious they take t20is when the guy said they want to be at the top of the rankings.
    A lot of fans find it hard to digest the fact some of their fav players from IPL can be dropped!

  74. #74
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    8,644
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Poor tactics to be honest

    Fakhar is passenger since ages now..

    Rizwan is not a T20 player

    1) Opener (Sri Lankan series was wasted)
    2) Babar Azam
    3) Haris Sohail
    4) Iftikhar Ahmed
    5) Any wicket keeper batsman (Again Sri Lankan series was wasted)
    6) Players like Khushdil Shah or similar type of players
    7) Imad Wasim
    8) Usman Qadir (Why he was not given a chance?) (Or any other spinner from domestic again SL series was wasted)
    9) Muhammad Amir
    10) Hasan Ali (Rotation with Wahab Hasnain Naseem Shah etc)
    11) Shaheen Shah Afridi

  75. #75
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,107
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrusade911 View Post
    DAMN. Kohli almost won India world cup single handedly in 2016. He has played some of the memorable innings in T20s that Rohit and Pandya can only dream off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    You gotta be freaking kidding me right? Kohli single handedly took us to the semifinals in the last one and the finals before that, there is a limit of what a man can do even if he is Kohli. Now it makes sense for a uber elite player like him to skip meaningless bilateral t20s. Since we are pretty good in the main two formats we can have the luxury to not take bilateral t20s seriously unlike lesser teams.
    Everyone has their opinion and this is fair enough - In T20s I dont like too many correct players. In my opinion Kholi actually scored too slowly in the semi against WI and his innings was out done by 6 hitting master class by WI. India actually didnt lose many wickets it was just that WI scored quicker by having players score quick fire 20s.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,107
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrusade911 View Post
    DAMN. Kohli almost won India world cup single handedly in 2016. He has played some of the memorable innings in T20s that Rohit and Pandya can only dream off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    You gotta be freaking kidding me right? Kohli single handedly took us to the semifinals in the last one and the finals before that, there is a limit of what a man can do even if he is Kohli. Now it makes sense for a uber elite player like him to skip meaningless bilateral t20s. Since we are pretty good in the main two formats we can have the luxury to not take bilateral t20s seriously unlike lesser teams.
    Everyone has their opinion and this is fair enough - In T20s I dont like too many correct players. In my opinion Kholi actually scored too slowly in the semi against WI and his innings was out done by 6 hitting master class by WI. India actually didnt lose many wickets it was just that WI scored quicker by having players score quick fire 20s.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,751
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see everyone bringing up the series against South Africa and England. You have to have zero cricketing acumen to work out the fact that this current team is light years behind even that one.

    Against England we experimented with Imam opening by the way, which is excuse given for other teams. We still didn't lose this badly.

    It's a fact that Misbah has completely demoralized this team to the point where we are playing like a 7th or 8th ranked team.

    He will do more damage further, just wait and watch.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,982
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Everyone has their opinion and this is fair enough - In T20s I dont like too many correct players. In my opinion Kholi actually scored too slowly in the semi against WI and his innings was out done by 6 hitting master class by WI. India actually didnt lose many wickets it was just that WI scored quicker by having players score quick fire 20s.
    Really?
    In what universe in 89(47) a slow innings. ?

    It was rahane who batted slow 40(35).

    Even simmons, who won the match for wi batted at lower str rate than kohli.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    8,441
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ranked #1 or not, Pakistan current team looks like a #6 #7 team. This team will struggle to win matches in T20 worldcup. We have no set team, new captain, ordinary spinners, below average fast bowlers and no big hitters. Not to forget, they have a loser attitude.

  80. #80
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    1,695
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Really?
    In what universe in 89(47) a slow innings. ?

    It was rahane who batted slow 40(35).

    Even simmons, who won the match for wi batted at lower str rate than kohli.
    In Shoiab Akhtar's world. The man who wants Babar to be getting 160 off 100 every inning.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •