Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] All hail Mohammad Abbas - the leader of the pack in Tests for Pakistan!

Name:  ea6fd0ce-82b5-4fb4-9998-b721d77b5006.jpg
Views: 4308
Size:  166.9 KB

Interesting picture this.

Mohammad Abbas by dint of the fact that all others are inexperienced can now be considered the leader of the pack as far as the Pakistan Test bowling attack is concerned.

Will he be the guiding light for others? how will he fare in this position?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abbas has been struggling for form himself recently. Wonít be surprised if he fares the worst out of all the pacers this series.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This is going to painful watching.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately he is going to be smashed

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    It is quite harrowing when someone like Abbas is the leader of your attack. He will not get into any quality side at the moment.

Australia, India, England, South Africa and New Zealand have all superior options. I would add West Indies to the list as well.

That only leaves Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Ireland.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is quite harrowing when someone like Abbas is the leader of your attack. He will not get into any quality side at the moment.

Australia, India, England, South Africa and New Zealand have all superior options. I would add West Indies to the list as well.

That only leaves Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Ireland.
    Sri Lankan seamers outbowled pak seamers in the UAE and in SA as well.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Looks like expected reactions on this thread.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For Pakistan's sake, hope he does well otherwise it could get ugly.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I have very low expectations from Abbas on this tour. Not only is he struggling to find form these are the worst possible conditions for him. The high bounce takes away the threat of lbw and bowled to a large extent and he struggled to deal with it in SA, in Australia he will have an even tougher time. I hope I am wrong but I kind of expect Abbas to get smacked around to all parts.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Looks like expected reactions on this thread.
    at this pace in these condition no one would give him a chance (unless his name is Asif)i remember dale steyn tweeting in favor of abbas calling to watch out for him..
    since that tweet he has been massive failure

To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Sri Lankan seamers outbowled pak seamers in the UAE and in SA as well.
    Yes, but Sri Lanka would definitely play him in their XI.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Abbas comes into play when he is under estimated. I wonder if the Aussies will do the same. Rizwan has to stand up to the stumps for him to counter the Aussies standing outside their crease to him.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wish Sameen Gul was sitting there instead of Imran Khan...

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Enough with the negativity. Hope these bowlers troll each and every one of us.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Honestly hope Abbas can return to his best. We need some experience and somebody to mentor these younger bowlers.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The hate posts though!

Will be fun if he ends up running through the Aus side.

Though I'm skeptical of that, but good luck to him.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he does well, but it seems very unlikely. He has been in miserable form for a year now, even after recovering from his injury. I don't expect him to do well at the Gabba at all as there will be basically no seam movement on offerm, also the high bounce will work against him, even if the keeper stands up he will have to pitch the ball quite full to hit the stumps.

He may do better in Adelaide due the day night test and the fact that Adelaide usually has a bit of grass on the pitch and less bounce than the Gabba. But I am still not holding any expectations of him in Adelaide as he has recently been quite average in the County Championship grade 2, where the pitches are tailor made for him. Yes he averaged mid 20s but the fact that he is an international quality bowler ranked in the top 10 and he was bowling to some average batsmen means that his performance there was well below standard for him.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    By the end of this series Shaheen will be the leader of the attack. Hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see Abbas making any sort of impact.

It's true that every team barring Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Ireland, and Zimbabwe have better options than Abbas, even Pakistan has better options, but we're still playing him.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Abbas has done pretty well in his career - except in South Africa where he was not fit - so he probably deserves this.

But I donít like this hierarchical culture. Itís the opposite of what Imran Khan developed: everyone in the period 1990-92 knew that Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis had overtaken him, and they did not treat him with deference.

If you are junior enough to defer to a teammate then you are not ready for the responsibility of Test cricket.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An Abbas type bowler will never be the leader of the pack, even if they are a brilliant bowler. The leader of the pack will always be someone like Shaheen, or Rabada, Cummins, Bumrah and Shami, Anderson and Boult. Philander isn't considered the leader of the pack in South Africa, Rabada is even though he is less experienced.
    Last edited by Danyaalr01; 10th November 2019 at 07:53.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    An Abbas type bowler will never be the leader of the pack, even if they are a brilliant bowler. The leader of the pack will always be someone like Shaheen, or Rabada, Cummins, Bumrah and Shami, Anderson and Boult. Philander isn't considered the leader of the pack in South Africa, Rabada is even though he is less experienced.
    Asif?

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Asif?
    TBH Asif was kind of different to Philander and Abbas, he was exciting to watch. He swung it both ways from a good height which gave him extra bounce. He outfoxed many batsmen. Abbas doesn't outfox, he just bowls in one place and waits for something to happen (seam, batsmen error etc).

Even whenAsif was there Shoaib was considered the leader while he was playing, then he was overlooked by Amir, even though Asif was superior to both of them.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All the best to pakistani attack , tbh he has been our most successful bowler in years and so rightly is the leader of the attack. I think the starting 11 will have abbas , imran and shaheen afridi.

From the photo above it seems that abbas and naseem are of same height which is around 5 10 and musa is like 5 8. I will be surprised if australia failed to score more than 500 twice in the series.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Aussies wary of Pakistan dangerman Abbas

Since Mohammad Abbas debuted in Test cricket in April 2017, no bowler to have taken 25-plus wickets has ticked along at an average better than his 18.66.

Through the same period, no batsman with 250-plus runs can match Steve Smith's mark of 78.27.

From Thursday in the first Test in Brisbane, Smith and Abbas will square off for the first time – in any format.

And while the wheels of 16-year-old Naseem Shah have caused considerable excitement in the build-up to this two-match series, the Australians have first-hand experience of the sort of damage the right-armer is capable of inflicting.

It was only 13 months ago that, in Australia's first Test series since Smith's suspension, Abbas scythed through Tim Paine's team to the tune of 17 wickets in two matches.

And unlike the out-and-out pace of the Australians or even his Pakistani counterparts, Abbas hovers at a moderate 130kph on the speed gun, relying instead on an unerring line and length, and a canny knack of hitting the seam, to take his wickets.

"I've never faced him, but he obviously bowled really well in that series in Dubai last year," Smith said in Brisbane. "He's a bowler that stands the seam up, and any movement he'll get the most out of it.

"We'll have to be really disciplined against him, that's for sure."

Marnus Labuschagne debuted in that UAE series and was a victim of Abbas's in the second Test, and the right-hander sees a likeness with an Aussie Test veteran.

"He's very similar to Peter Siddle in that he's close to the stumps, he's moving the ball both ways – nipping it in, nipping it away – so he's going to be a really good challenge," Labuschagne told cricket.com.au.

"Any bowler that runs in and hits the seam very consistently is tough to play … He's going to be a really big bowler for them, so if we can find ways to really dominate him and come up with some good plans, that will put a lot of pressure on their younger bowlers."

Smith also forecast Australia's willingness to engage in a war of attrition across five days at the Gabba, with Test experience a key factor in overcoming any threat posed by the raw speed of Naseem.

"Being as young as he is, he probably hasn't bowled lots of overs consistently," Smith said of the teenager.

"For us, it will just be about making him come back and bowl as many spells as he can, and see if he can maintain it.

"It's going to be hard work for him up here, in some pretty warm conditions as well.

"So we try and get the overs into him and hopefully, if he's bowling well early on we'll be able to cash in later on."

Pat Cummins is yet to face Pakistan in Test cricket but the paceman has fond memories of Waqar Younis in his latter-days bowling "big, fast inswinging yorkers" and Shoaib Akhtar "pushing off the fence and bowling a million miles an hour".

The vice-captain, however, was another to quickly identify the subtler skills of Abbas, who has played 14 of Pakistan's past 16 Tests, capturing 66 wickets.

"He's been really impressive in his Test career so far," Cummins told cricket.com.au. "He's a bit different from your traditional fast bowler in that he's at you all day at the top of off-stump, so you need to have a really solid defence against him.

"Hopefully we can get him coming back for spell after spell, but he does look quite a complete bowler."

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/moha...ins/2019-11-18

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Naseem taller then Abbas? I have never seen anybody commenting on Abbas lack of height.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Is Naseem taller then Abbas? I have never seen anybody commenting on Abbas lack of height.
    Because he averages in 18 in test cricket?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some tough days ahead for Abbas.

If he somehow manages to wins us 1 game, it'll be a career best performance!

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well provided he can move the ball both ways and keep it tight have high hopes for Abbas. Think he should do well.

Would hate to see him become a one trick pony who simply brings the ball into the batsmen

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To be successful down under, Abbas will be required to bowl extremely accurately as his pace will not threaten the Aussie batsman.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell is no with this thread.
    Hate for a guy who averages 18!?
    I'm expecting him to take wickets and keep things absolutely tight

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to do what Philander did in Hobart with first innings bowling figures of 21/5 with almost similar or little less pace.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    He needs to do what Philander did in Hobart with first innings bowling figures of 21/5 with almost similar or little less pace.
    Or what Asif did. In Australia there is reward for consistently bowling on the right channel. The reason IK junior could be crucial as well.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The hate is real! Some here really have dropped their standards.

All the best to him. It's tough to bowl on these flat highways. Can he deliver? Well I certainly hope so. On paper looks difficult.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Or what Asif did. In Australia there is reward for consistently bowling on the right channel. The reason IK junior could be crucial as well.
    It is getting confusing. There is a PM whose name is IK. And then IK jr and IK sr.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    The hate posts though!

Will be fun if he ends up running through the Aus side.

Though I'm skeptical of that, but good luck to him.
    Don't rule it out. This Australian side has poor first class credentials.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Abbas can take care of Warner with the new ball it will open a door.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    If Abbas can take care of Warner with the new ball it will open a door.

He has to be able to bowl first lol

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't mean to get all micheal vaughan and drone on but dropping him is a total joke. pakistan no doubt making history and the future by dropping a guy who averages under 20 with the ball

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    😂😂😂 this thread..

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Waqar Younis on Mohammad Abbas exclusion from 1st Test vs Australia.

"Mohammad Abbas has been a match-winner for us over the last 18 months, and has been bowling well but unfortunately he is currently not in his best rhythm"

"In the last tour of New Zealand, he had an injury and he hasnt been bowling as well as he has done in the past against Australia and of course England too but we arent losing hope in him, as he is our main man, we will have a close look at him and once we get into Adelaide we will have think about him"

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    So Abbas - can he justify his selection for this series?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Can't really justify a pacer bowling at 120-124 km/hr. Pakistan has been too emotional with their selection choices. If the team management feels Abbas is ineffective, then they should stick to their guns and not select him rather than fall for media and ex test player pressure

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow heís become so so awful

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Media will talk about his year old performances but not recent ones.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Wow he’s become so so awful
    No swing, pace - cannon fodder at the moment.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Humble pie eating in progress.....Well Done Abbas brilliant ball.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fantastic delivery.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Humble pie eating in progress.....Well Done Abbas brilliant ball.
    Yes congratulations, now up to 8 wickets in his last 6 Tests.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice to see him bowl an outswinger and plug away on a length. Guess he just needs time to get his rhythm back but unfortunately we donít seem to have much bench strength when it comes to medium fast bowling.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Abbas isnt really a leader for me. Bowls too slow lacks that bit of zip he had. Maybe it's the shoulder injury that's still troubling him.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Used to be a leader. Now its a leaderless pace attack.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much better in the 2nd half of the day I think an Abbas who is bowling well can really complement Naseem and Shaheen style of bowling but he really needs to up his game.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He looks like a 34 year at the end of his careeer

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Is Abbass in the side to the bowl spin?

Don't understand his role. He is just providing net practice to the batsmen. Why doesn't he bowl with the keeper up so that the batsmen don't stand outside the crease to him?

He needs to be told to increase his pace and add some bite in his bowling if he wants to come back to the team.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleast unlike shanwari he is able to do donkey work

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic bowler. Needs to be thrown out forever.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Well done Abbas! gets an important wicket.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Well done Abbas! gets an important wicket.
    So 2 wickets to his name so far.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So 2 wickets to his name so far.
    And his haters are gone underground or maybe make a thread. Wickets against Sri Lanka don't count

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Proving to be a low bounce wicket specialist. The medium pace version of Yasir Shah. Where the bounce is higher he becomes ineffective since he isn't able to target the stumps from a good length.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is vital tomorrow

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    The bowling highlights from today are 90% this guy
    He is our only test bowler, the rest are still odi bowlers

Itís going to be up to our swing king and our spin king if we are going to draw level with the lankans tomorrow
    They should both still be seated in the dressing room at the end of the first day

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Just for the record:

Mohammad Abbas' record in his last SEVEN Test matches:

7 matches
    Best bowling in an innings 2-13.
    Best bowling in a match 3-117.
    10 wickets at an average of 51.50

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's lost two yards of pace. If that continues, it's time to move on.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Taken 3 wickets so not all that bad.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    I reckon his average has always been 127-128

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Abbas leading from the front today - great to see this from him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2802 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Big test for him. He will be most likely the most senior bowler on the field (unless Wahab also plays) -

This is ofcourse assuming that he is selected himself to play vs England

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He will do the best of all Pakistani pacers. He's made to bowl in England.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big test for him. He will be most likely the most senior bowler on the field (unless Wahab also plays) -

This is ofcourse assuming that he is selected himself to play vs England
    What. He's the first name on the teamsheet in England .
    Expect him to cause all sorts of problems for the top 3

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    What. He's the first name on the teamsheet in England .
    Expect him to cause all sorts of problems for the top 3
    Ahead of babar ?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he performs like he did in 2018. Pakistan sure needs him to fire.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    England will counter him by playing well down the pitch to him

He ll neee to adjust and react quickly to this Hope hes up to the task

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Ahead of babar ?
    Ok, joint first.

Babar I'm in hope mode, cos not sure how he's gonna come out of lockdown. Many need a few more innings to get it back
    Abbas and our other bowlers I'm expecting them to deliver

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    Ok, joint first.

Babar I'm in hope mode, cos not sure how he's gonna come out of lockdown. Many need a few more innings to get it back
    Abbas and our other bowlers I'm expecting them to deliver
    Lol hes had enough practise in the warm up.am excepting all our fast bowlers to deliver we all know for them to win the series or draw we need our bowlers to blow england away

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    England will counter him by playing well down the pitch to him

He ll neee to adjust and react quickly to this Hope hes up to the task
    Good tactic but could they change from over to over according to the bowler

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I think Abbas, Shaheen and Naseem complement each other well.

Abbas despite a lack of pace provides metronomic accuracy. Shaheen provides a left arm angle and can swing the ball both ways while Naseem has 90mph pace and swing.

We lack a spinner though who can hold up an end and take wickets. Abdur Rehman was underrated in that regard.