Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reason behind the sudden influx of foreign tourists and vloggers in Pakistan?

I am not sure if anyone else noticed but i am seeing too many Pakistan related Vlogs in YouTube these days by foreigners specially covering North and KP. Some are even coming with families otherwise Pakistan used to be a no go area for foreigners so what exactly changed?

There are many vlogs from last 10-12 months from different youtube channels including :

Mark Wiens

The Food Ranger

Drew Binsky

Travellight

Jojo Aigner

Where the Jones

Alex Outhwaite

Huub Vlogs

Dana Wang

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes I have also noticed that for both india and pakistan. Most of them post videos about food though which is not surprising. Desi food rocks.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is obvious that they are being paid behind the scenes.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    any proof ?

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting paid to put families in danger?

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Yes I have also noticed that for both india and pakistan. Most of them post videos about food though which is not surprising. Desi food rocks.
    Desi food is love!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    Dios is a bangladeshi brother, he have to be biased. cant be neutral .....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post
    oh i see now i understand. Poor guys don't have too many places of attraction in their country so they use the paying method to get foreigners on board.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe that's the method Bangladesh has to use to get foreigners to visit

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is a beautiful country with a wonderful culture, it was the war on terror that really set us back. I distinctly remember seeing picture of some Aussie (or South African) cricketer riding a cycle on the streets of Peshawar some time in the 90s.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Petty comment really.

Pakistan has a lot to offer and these tourists have seen that for themselves and are doing a great job of promoting Pakistan as a land of great beauty and the most hospitable people.

Tourism in Pakistan is only just taking off, but I am hoping that it will be booming in the not too distant future.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Pakistan is a beautiful country with a wonderful culture, it was the war on terror that really set us back. I distinctly remember seeing picture of some Aussie (or South African) cricketer riding a cycle on the streets of Peshawar some time in the 90s.
    Fanie de Villiers and Hansie Cronje

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Fanie de Villiers and Hansie Cronje

Oxford sweaters, Desis always have those stores where the name is so western.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its probably adventurous, having the most dangerous peak to climb is another, IIRC vertical limit the movie was based on the same..

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Oxford sweaters, Desis always have those stores where the name is so western.
    lol yea

I still remember Oxford and Bonanza sweaters were really popular back in 90s

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has plenty of great tourism spots so it is not surprising especially because the wave of terrorism has dwindled a bit in recent years.

Usually these vloggers have considerable following on YouTube which encourages others to follow as well.

However, there are are also some opportunists. Our public is hungry for foreign appreciation and any blogger who says a few good words about us shoots up in popularity.

That third rate comedian Jeremy McLellan is still milking his visit to Pakistan and is trying fo stay relevant by making corny jokes about biryani, Nawaz and Modi.

Eva Zubeck also became relevant after visiting to Pakistan.

So as a blogger if you want to add a few million followers overnight, just come to Pakistan and praise us. You can thank us later.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its probably adventurous, having the most dangerous peak to climb is another, IIRC vertical limit the movie was based on the same..
    Agree it's mostly because of diversity. There are mountains, sea side, snow, deserts, forrests, valleys, food, different cultures, languages etc etc

Yes the movie vertical limit was based on K2 (second highest mountain in the world)

Pakistan is home to 108 peaks above 7,000 metres. Five of the 14 highest independent peaks in the world are also in Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    northern Pakistan is really beautiful. I have a friend from Chitral and he showed me few pictures and they were breathtaking. There is a highway (forgot the name) that goes through the mountains around K2 range I believe.

Islamabad also looks very different from rest of the subcontinent cities. Very clean and well planned out.

if possible, will visit one day...

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamid.s View Post
    northern Pakistan is really beautiful. I have a friend from Chitral and he showed me few pictures and they were breathtaking. There is a highway (forgot the name) that goes through the mountains around K2 range I believe.

Islamabad also looks very different from rest of the subcontinent cities. Very clean and well planned out.

if possible, will visit one day...
    It is called Karakoram Highway. The road is 1300km (800 mi) long and connects the Pakistani provinces of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa plus Gilgit-Baltistan with China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region passing through the Karakoram mountain range so its connection between Pakistan and China. Due to its high elevation and the difficult conditions in which it was constructed back in 60s/70s, it is often referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World.
    Last edited by WebGuru; 14th November 2019 at 23:46.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Agree it's mostly because of diversity. There are mountains, sea side, snow, deserts, forrests, valleys, food, different cultures, languages etc etc

Yes the movie vertical limit was based on K2 (second highest mountain in the world)

Pakistan is home to 108 peaks above 7,000 metres. Five of the 14 highest independent peaks in the world are also in Pakistan.
    Yup and I feel those tourists were very high in 90s, Everest is massively crowded, Pak should invest back in those, climbing/adventure is huge now.

Also without judgement, my 10th grade geography books showed K2 as part of India lol but yeah current generations have google and luckily I had net then too and tbf no one really cared about geography, esp 10th grade one which Kept talking about monsoons and vegetation.

https://www.mapsofindia./geography/

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup and I feel those tourists were very high in 90s, Everest is massively crowded, Pak should invest back in those, climbing/adventure is huge now.

Also without judgement, my 10th grade geography books showed K2 as part of India lol but yeah current generations have google and luckily I had net then too and tbf no one really cared about geography, esp 10th grade one which Kept talking about monsoons and vegetation.

https://www.mapsofindia./geography/
    Yea the numbers were high even Karachi used to be a famous destination back in 60s. Social media is a big factor these days so these vlogs can boost the crowd again. PTI Govt is focusing on tourism it was part of their manifesto they did the experiment in KP from 2013-2018 when they had provincial govt and the number of tourists are double now.

Not really going to judge you for the map in books but that came as a surprise for me

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I don’t think Pakistan is that mysterious or exotic anymore.
    There are still many mysterious valleys and places in KP without access.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful country, beautiful and hospitable people, amazing food, why wouldn't any blogger visit?

It is a win win situation for the blogger and Pakistan.

Pakistani are able to show the truth to the world through them and they gain followers not just from Pakistan but from the rest of the world.

No one is unhappy about it and no one is trying to find another angle unless you are one person on this thread, as if the sole purpose remaining to exist in this world is to try to find a way to undermine anything and everything that has to do with Pakistan. What a pathetic way to exist.
    Last edited by kk1992; 15th November 2019 at 00:05.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    There are still many mysterious valleys and places in KP without access.
    Yes, but I mean tourists generally know what to expect in Pakistan these days.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We also need to promote Tourism in FATA and Balochistan.

Winter Train Journey from Lahore to Quetta would be breathtaking for tourists.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Lol how can u say that when we paid thousands for people to come and play ROW games and PSL finals
    Last edited by The Viper; 15th November 2019 at 01:09.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak mostly getting bad press in the west makes it much more appealing for tourists. No publicity is bad publicity

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy YouTube publicity lol.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has plenty of great tourism spots so it is not surprising especially because the wave of terrorism has dwindled a bit in recent years.

Usually these vloggers have considerable following on YouTube which encourages others to follow as well.

However, there are are also some opportunists. Our public is hungry for foreign appreciation and any blogger who says a few good words about us shoots up in popularity.

That third rate comedian Jeremy McLellan is still milking his visit to Pakistan and is trying fo stay relevant by making corny jokes about biryani, Nawaz and Modi.

Eva Zubeck also became relevant after visiting to Pakistan.

So as a blogger if you want to add a few million followers overnight, just come to Pakistan and praise us. You can thank us later.
    Sums it up nicely. Some good and bad/opportunistic in everything.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yes, but I mean tourists generally know what to expect in Pakistan these days.
    Interesting remark which seems to have been based on one I made earlier with regard to Indian tourists. I think I shall have to start keeping records so I can refer back to understand the context of the discussion in future.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vloggers are always in search of new content so indian subcontinent in general offers them that.There are also few new ones who are in search of subscribers.There are few who spends considerable amount of time to explore culture, diversity,dietary habits are the genuine ones.There is a Norwegian guy called Harald Baldr who spends significant amount of his earnings to help the budding entrepreneurs of countries he visits.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason is simple. People are starting to realise that the international perception of Pakistan was built on propaganda and white lies.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is called Karakoram Highway. The road is 1300km (800 mi) long and connects the Pakistani provinces of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa plus Gilgit-Baltistan with China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region passing through the Karakoram mountain range so its connection between Pakistan and China. Due to its high elevation and the difficult conditions in which it was constructed back in 60s/70s, it is often referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World.
    Yup that’s the one. I just googled it and saw some videos now. It’s really spectacular.

Pak govt and tourism board need to do a better job at highlighting these places to the non Pakistanis. I wouldn’t have known about these places if it wasn’t mentioned to me by my friend.

Now I am not sure how the infrastructure and security situation is there. But it’s in my list to visit them someday.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are probably just following trends. Apparently it has gotten easier to go through the visa process for foreigners so that helps too. I was watching a video from Where the Jones. In one of the video Ronnie said it was easier for them to get the visa compared to when they tried earlier.

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few things.

1) Security situation in Pakistan is generally good now, including in KP
    2) e-Visa facilities for 175 countries
    3) Some work done by non-governmental organizations such as CPIC has helped a lot.

Btw, there are a lot of more groups/people that have visited than the ones mentioned in OP. There are literally videos getting uploaded every day now. Mind you, most tourists are not going to upload videos. In these videos you can see many other tourists, and none of them have uploaded videos of their own.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on; atleast for India. Besides these vlogs they do pretty ordinary contents like reaction videos to Indian food /movies etc. They know that our 'Jio' public will lap it up as whites praising anything remotely Indian is too much for us to resist. The amount of subscribers these guys have from India is simply mindblowing and the comment sections *facepalm* . However, there are a few genuine travel-junkies with really good contents and they should not be grouped with the former.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeed View Post
    They are probably just following trends. Apparently it has gotten easier to go through the visa process for foreigners so that helps too. I was watching a video from Where the Jones. In one of the video Ronnie said it was easier for them to get the visa compared to when they tried earlier.
    Many of the vloggers and tourists have mentioned the easier visa process in their videos. A few of them mentioned they wanted to visit the Northern areas in the past but the visa process was too tedious to bother, but now with the e-visa it's a lot simpler.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Many of the vloggers and tourists have mentioned the easier visa process in their videos. A few of them mentioned they wanted to visit the Northern areas in the past but the visa process was too tedious to bother, but now with the e-visa it's a lot simpler.
    Yes i noticed it too in multiple videos.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not understand why Indians, and some alleged Pakistani, have a bee in the bonnet about this.

Lets not forget that India spent BILLIONS on promoting tourism in India - Incredible India - was the propaganda message, which turned out to be false as expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incredible_India

Deal with it parosees.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post
    any proof ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian
    oh i see now i understand. Poor guys don't have too many places of attraction in their country so they use the paying method to get foreigners on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi
    Petty comment really.

Pakistan has a lot to offer and these tourists have seen that for themselves and are doing a great job of promoting Pakistan as a land of great beauty and the most hospitable people.

Tourism in Pakistan is only just taking off, but I am hoping that it will be booming in the not too distant future.
    Travel influencers are invading Pakistan – but are they painting an accurate picture of the country?

There’s little doubt that Pakistan has plenty to offer tourists. Those who have been talk wistfully of its staggering mountain scenery, fascinating cities and welcoming people. But with large parts of it deemed unsafe by the Foreign Office, simmering tensions at its borders, and a “high threat of terrorism, kidnap and sectarian violence”, it isn’t the sort of country many would visit on a whim.

So it should come as no surprise to learn that a raft of rose-tinted reports, penned by Western travel “influencers” WHOSE TRIPS HAVE BEEN SUPPORTED BY A GOVERNMENT DESPERATE TO BOOST TOURISM, HAVE COME UNDER SCRUTINY.

“I believe that Pakistan can be the world’s number one tourism destination,” says Eva zu Beck, a Polish vlogger who has spent much of the last year exploring and promoting the country.

Her Instagram feed shows her posing beside sandy beaches, dashing along deserted highways, staring thoughtfully towards snow-capped peaks and perusing city markets. The accompanying captions are saccharine. One reads: “The trip was breathtaking in so many ways... the moments spent with my feet in the sea, looking up at the sunset, feeling the warm Arabian wind caress my hair softly. Thanking the universe for places of such devastating natural beauty.”

Such praise from Western travellers will be music to the ears of Imran Khan, Pakistan’s prime minister, who is committed to kickstarting tourism to help raise money for a welfare state.

But it is claimed the glossy narrative offered by vloggers and Instagram stars fails to paint an accurate picture of conservative Pakistan. Security in the country has improved in recent years, but terror attacks are still common, infrastructure often underdeveloped, and travellers sometimes harassed. Attitudes towards women are far from exemplary, and homosexuality is illegal.

What influencers publish “doesn't represent the real experience,” Alexandra Reynolds, an American blogger on her fifth trip to Pakistan, told an Agence France-Presse reporter. She believes there is a chance that less experienced travellers will be misled by such content and potentially end up in trouble. “In a time when Pakistan’s international reputation is so fragile, it is not something that should be risked,” said the 27-year-old, who also claimed she has been harassed by security forces during a previous trip.

“All this ‘everything is wonderful in Pakistan’ is just irresponsible,” added June, a 51-year-old Briton who declined to give her last name. She said she had been harassed by a police officer during a visit to the Swat valley.

Others point out that influencers are shielded from the issues that ordinary travellers face, whether security related or administrative. Zu Beck’s travels are organised by government commerce initiative Emerging Pakistan; she also credits Pakistan International Airlines as a partner. Wiens thanks tourism expo Pakistan Travel Mart for “making the amazing trip happen”, and Gabrielle says her road trip was facilitated by a Pakistani association in Oman.

Despite the criticism, they remain enthusiastic about the country. “My job is not to love Pakistan. My job is to make content. But I love Pakistan,” said Zu Beck.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...ncers-tourism/

Man it is fun destroying so many people in one post .

I have been following these vlogs and Pakistan looks like a nice place to visit and the food especially looks amazing but any idiot will be able to tell that the fact that all these vloggers are suddenly visiting Pakistan at the same time as each other is not just a coincidence but rather a concerted effort from tourism officials to boost tourism in the country. Therefore these vlogs are not totally unbiased and in fact it is very irresponsible of them to not make it clear that these are sponsored trips and that they have special security arrangements.

I too would love to visit but pretty safe to say that my experience won't mirror that of these sponsored visits with enhanced security that these vloggers get to experience.
    Last edited by Dios; 17th November 2019 at 05:15.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which package includes the Imran Khan meet and greet? I want to book too.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornbill View Post
    Vloggers are always in search of new content so indian subcontinent in general offers them that.There are also few new ones who are in search of subscribers.There are few who spends considerable amount of time to explore culture, diversity,dietary habits are the genuine ones.There is a Norwegian guy called Harald Baldr who spends significant amount of his earnings to help the budding entrepreneurs of countries he visits.
    As a travel enthusiast I watch travel vlogs extensively and guys like Harald Baldr and bald and bankrupt are genuine vloggers who will show you things as they are. The people this thread is going gaga about, even though they might have started out as vloggers, are now professional filmmakers who you can pay to make promotional content.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have been following these vlogs and Pakistan looks like a nice place to visit and the food especially looks amazing but any idiot will be able to tell that the fact that all these vloggers are suddenly visiting Pakistan at the same time as each other is not just a coincidence but rather a concerted effort from tourism officials to boost tourism in the country. Therefore these vlogs are not totally unbiased and in fact it is very irresponsible of them to not make it clear that these are sponsored trips and that they have special security arrangements.

I too would love to visit but pretty safe to say that my experience won't mirror that of these sponsored visits with enhanced security that these vloggers get to experience.
    are you 10 year old or what ? do you want me to post the videos about BD and how the "neutral" tourist think of it ?

and do some research before "destroying" others in your childish posts. Ms. Alexandra Reynolds, is the one whos in the blue shirt in the above pic you have posted. so dont try to post rubbish ..... becoz its just the own goal ....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a travel enthusiast I watch travel vlogs extensively and guys like Harald Baldr and bald and bankrupt are genuine vloggers who will show you things as they are. The people this thread is going gaga about, even though they might have started out as vloggers, are now professional filmmakers who you can pay to make promotional content.
    The way you talk about it you neither a travel enthusiast nor watches travel vlogs extensively.

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no "destroying" if you generalize and can't present a nuanced argument. How many vloggers are government and/or privately sponsored? Based on the videos, they only appear to be a fraction of the vloggers. So based on that, you are saying all these vloggers, or even most of them are sponsored? I can't find any evidence of most of these vloggers getting sponsored. Each vlogger is in a different situation and try to paint them all as getting sponsored reeks of making a short-sighted argument.

As for your claim about why it's all happening at the same time, could it be due to two big reasons? First, the significant improvements in the security situation. Second, and most importantly, e-Visas? Those can't have any impact, no?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from the CPIC/CPEC videos all the rest seem genuine vloggers. There is currently one channel called: Where are the Jones, they stated that they are visiting PAKISTAN due to the ease of getting visa and interest in K2, northern areas.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy on the left of IK in brown clothes is probably an undercover security agent and appears to be the main handler of these international vloggers and foodies. It is pretty apparent that these trips are sponsored by our govt. in some way or another. I've seen a guy in white shalwar kameez with a huge machine gun in his hand, hanging around the shoot from a clip by Mark Wiens as he was roaming around the smaller cities of KP. Does Mark Wiens have that much funds and contacts to support such luxuries?

Like our Army spokesperson has said many times in press conferences, if our media can just project a positive image of Pakistan, things will become so much better. As if ignoring the bad and shoving it under the carpet will somehow get rid of the deep rooted problems inflicting our society. As usual, a very myopic and superficial plan by our so called guardians to promote Pakistan's image in the world.

Regardless though, I really enjoy watching these videos and can't wait to go on a foodie tour across Pakistan someday.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly talking out of your backside looks like. Don't post idiotic stuff if you have no clue about it. I traveled the north recently and found several foreigners and spoke to them in details. They were on their own and weren't any social media stars. They were absolutely loving the experience with the landscapes, food and people. Vloggers look for new content and places, and all the positive remarks from the tourists is just attracting them hence they are there.

Pakistan is blessed with breathtaking views and very hospitable people so people don't need to be paid to experience all that.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    The guy on the left of IK in brown clothes is probably an undercover security agent and appears to be the main handler of these international vloggers and foodies. It is pretty apparent that these trips are sponsored by our govt. in some way or another. I've seen a guy in white shalwar kameez with a huge machine gun in his hand, hanging around the shoot from a clip by Mark Wiens as he was roaming around the smaller cities of KP. Does Mark Wiens have that much funds and contacts to support such luxuries?

Like our Army spokesperson has said many times in press conferences, if our media can just project a positive image of Pakistan, things will become so much better. As if ignoring the bad and shoving it under the carpet will somehow get rid of the deep rooted problems inflicting our society. As usual, a very myopic and superficial plan by our so called guardians to promote Pakistan's image in the world.

Regardless though, I really enjoy watching these videos and can't wait to go on a foodie tour across Pakistan someday.
    Royal family of UK was also paid to visit last month after decades of wait to create a better image of Pakistan? Netherland queen is also visiting next week maybe she is also paid by ISPR or Govt.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Dios @saadibaba looks like paid Tourists .... but wait, they arent Vloggers ....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LOL @ paid vloggers...... Maybe that is why the tourism numbers this year are through the roof

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Related to the topic:

Ever wanted to have a map of Pakistan but with all the places you can go visit on it? Now there is one.

Graphic designer and artist Assam has created a handy (and beautiful) tourism map of Pakistan that you can reference to plan your next road trip. You can see it in hi-res here http://thepakistanitraveller.assamar...ttraction-map/

The map features highways and road networks connecting major cities and tourist attractions nationwide.

Describing his map, Assam says, “Being a traveller when ever I visit other countries, [the] first thing I search for is a tourist map. And when I was looking for [a] Pakistan tourist map I found nothing helpful or interesting, so I decided to take the initiative and it took eight consecutive days to create this high resolution Pakistan Tourist Attraction Map which represents overall beauty of Pakistan.”

“Since my childhood to adult age I had been hearing from general people about my country Pakistan, that it has huge potential, including five kind[s] of weathers, six kind[s] of beaches, agricultural lands, highest mountains, roof of the world, oldest civilisation, all the minerals and resources, heritage and different cultures.”

“So I decided to create a picture of those voices to showcase Pakistan to the world, what we actually have and how many undiscovered areas we still have to explore.”

“Since last year, our visa policy has been change[d] and we are visa free for many countries and for others we have on arrival visa plus e-visa service as well and tourist[s] are finally come back to our countries after many struggling years.”

Assam, who has travelled extensively himself, has also added helpful notes to the map indicating similarities with other countries. “I hope this map can help many travel lovers like me.”

lc(100% - 2px);">

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    @saadibaba and the rest

It is literally the job of these vloggers to go to different countries (especially, ones considered non-traditional) Definitely, the Pakistan government is promoting these vloggers and encouraging them to come to Pakistan but they also want to come themselves since it is literally how they make a living ie. they go to different countries and share their experiences. So its mutual benefit.

I think at the most the government might be facilitating them. Highly doubt they are 'paid vloggers'. However, lets assume that the government is making them come here; what exactly is so wrong with that? The tourism officials must be responsible for that and at the end of they day they are just doing their job.

This last spring , about 8 friends/acquaintances of mine (6 Americans [1 desi, 1 Asian, rest white], 1 British and 1 Australian) did a weeklong tour of Pakistan where they went to Lahore, Islamabad and Giligt Baltistan; and they had a lot of questions before going. I shared Mark Weins, Eva ZuBeck and one other guy's videos with them and definitely it had a positive effect on them and took some of their hesitations away.

So I think it only will have positive impact on our tourist numbers and these vloggers definitely have an impact..

#MPGA

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    @saadibaba and the rest

It is literally the job of these vloggers to go to different countries (especially, ones considered non-traditional) Definitely, the Pakistan government is promoting these vloggers and encouraging them to come to Pakistan but they also want to come themselves since it is literally how they make a living ie. they go to different countries and share their experiences. So its mutual benefit.

I think at the most the government might be facilitating them. Highly doubt they are 'paid vloggers'. However, lets assume that the government is making them come here; what exactly is so wrong with that? The tourism officials must be responsible for that and at the end of they day they are just doing their job.

This last spring , about 8 friends/acquaintances of mine (6 Americans [1 desi, 1 Asian, rest white], 1 British and 1 Australian) did a weeklong tour of Pakistan where they went to Lahore, Islamabad and Giligt Baltistan; and they had a lot of questions before going. I shared Mark Weins, Eva ZuBeck and one other guy's videos with them and definitely it had a positive effect on them and took some of their hesitations away.

So I think it only will have positive impact on our tourist numbers and these vloggers definitely have an impact..
    Out of all, one has to follow and watch the video of Drew Brinsky, his goal is to visit every country in the world, currently he is posting about Syria.

Follow him, watch his video, watch his work on Pakistan and rest of the countries, his opinions are honest, his work and his opinion alone would dismantle any narrative of those who believe these are paid and facilitated by government of Pakistani.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan offers amazing natural beauty, value for money and now increasing levels of security. Tourism will naturally increase.

There are people paid to encourage tourism in Pakistan but equally there are those paid to discourage it as well . We may have had some of these individuals contributing on this thread!

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potential growth curve is the biggest reason these Youtubers have been flocking to countries with high growing internet penetration. There's a whole bunch of foreign Youtubers settled in India and they do this full time, i.e. suck up to Indians because that's the only way they can make a Youtube career in a very saturated space.

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @saadibaba and the rest

I think there's a need to separate out vloggers looking for lots of views and subscribers from the tourists who are visiting on their own and creating vlogs without any significant monetary motivation. You can look at the number of subscribers to figure out which one is which. Majority of these videos are from people that have less than 50k subscribers, and it was much less when they initially started.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother in law just flew British airways from Middle East to UK and the inflight magazine's cover photo was about discovering Pakistan's Northern Areas with the title "Suspend Your Beliefs." Keep in mind this magazine is on ALL British Airways flights all over the world.

I have a pic of it but can't find way to post it here from my mobile.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Related to the topic:

Ever wanted to have a map of Pakistan but with all the places you can go visit on it? Now there is one.

Graphic designer and artist Assam has created a handy (and beautiful) tourism map of Pakistan that you can reference to plan your next road trip. You can see it in hi-res here http://thepakistanitraveller.assamar...ttraction-map/

The map features highways and road networks connecting major cities and tourist attractions nationwide.

Describing his map, Assam says, “Being a traveller when ever I visit other countries, [the] first thing I search for is a tourist map. And when I was looking for [a] Pakistan tourist map I found nothing helpful or interesting, so I decided to take the initiative and it took eight consecutive days to create this high resolution Pakistan Tourist Attraction Map which represents overall beauty of Pakistan.”

“Since my childhood to adult age I had been hearing from general people about my country Pakistan, that it has huge potential, including five kind[s] of weathers, six kind[s] of beaches, agricultural lands, highest mountains, roof of the world, oldest civilisation, all the minerals and resources, heritage and different cultures.”

“So I decided to create a picture of those voices to showcase Pakistan to the world, what we actually have and how many undiscovered areas we still have to explore.”

“Since last year, our visa policy has been change[d] and we are visa free for many countries and for others we have on arrival visa plus e-visa service as well and tourist[s] are finally come back to our countries after many struggling years.”

Assam, who has travelled extensively himself, has also added helpful notes to the map indicating similarities with other countries. “I hope this map can help many travel lovers like me.”

lc(100% - 2px);">
    Amazing! This is brilliant, thanks for sharing!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    My brother in law just flew British airways from Middle East to UK and the inflight magazine's cover photo was about discovering Pakistan's Northern Areas with the title "Suspend Your Beliefs." Keep in mind this magazine is on ALL British Airways flights all over the world.

I have a pic of it but can't find way to post it here from my mobile.
    Makes sense as BA have restarted flights to Pakistan. UK to Pakistan is one of the most profitable routes on the planet.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Makes sense as BA have restarted flights to Pakistan. UK to Pakistan is one of the most profitable routes on the planet.
    True but to market it to their worldwide network shows confidence in Pakistan's tourism sites.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Potential growth curve is the biggest reason these Youtubers have been flocking to countries with high growing internet penetration. There's a whole bunch of foreign Youtubers settled in India and they do this full time, i.e. suck up to Indians because that's the only way they can make a Youtube career in a very saturated space.
    As far as I remember Youtube ad revenue is based on location as well, the ones from north America and Europe earn much more.

Liza Koshy and David Dobrik earn millions because of their ad revenue comes from america.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Related to the topic:

lc(100% - 2px);">
    As a kid my parents had bought me an atlas which was similar, it was almost my size when i was 6, and the whole world was described like this map, not in as detail this but very similar and this is the easiest way to learn.

America was in detail though, all 50 states..

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I remember Youtube ad revenue is based on location as well, the ones from north America and Europe earn much more.

Liza Koshy and David Dobrik earn millions because of their ad revenue comes from america.
    Significant number of desis living in Europe, USA/Canada, middle east follow these youtubers

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Don't know about India but Pakistan has some of the lowest rates in the world.

Western countries bring in considerably more revenue.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2 reasons. Improved security conditions + Visa on Arrival

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the growth trajectory that matters, and Youtube revenue isn't a major income source for these Youtubers, it's nothing. The fast growing fanbase, sponsorships and invitations more than make up for low ad revenue in the region. Everyone wants a piece of subcontinent's fast growing online population, and white folks have figured out that praising India or Pakistan with Jai Hind or Dil Dil Pakistan will get them 100 K subscribers in no time.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It's the growth trajectory that matters, and Youtube revenue isn't a major income source for these Youtubers, it's nothing. The fast growing fanbase, sponsorships and invitations more than make up for low ad revenue in the region. Everyone wants a piece of subcontinent's fast growing online population, and white folks have figured out that praising India or Pakistan with Jai Hind or Dil Dil Pakistan will get them 100 K subscribers in no time.
    lol true.

some vloggers have literally made a career out of praising Pakistan and India in online videos eventhough the actual quality of their content is average.

Desis love white validation.

#MPGA

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol true.

some vloggers have literally made a career out of praising Pakistan and India in online videos eventhough the actual quality of their content is average.

Desis love white validation.
    It's good in Pakistan's case though as these videos are searched by travelers around the world, and there's definitely a lot more interest and intrigue developing in people when it comes to Pakistan. It's a positive change overall.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It's good in Pakistan's case though as these videos are searched by travelers around the world, and there's definitely a lot more interest and intrigue developing in people when it comes to Pakistan. It's a positive change overall.
    True.

Even if you go back 3 years there was literally no content on YouTube about tourism in Pakistan and about the various sights and now it’s filled with it.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The only thing missing in pakistan's tourism industry is the influx of indians who have the reputation of best tourists and known to spend well. Will be a sight for the sore pakistani eyes.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    The only thing missing in pakistan's tourism industry is the influx of indians who have the reputation of best tourists and known to spend well. Will be a sight for the sore pakistani eyes.
    I would support Indians coming to Pakistan for tourism not for money but just to prove to the Indians that their media brainwashes them about Pakistan. Any non desi who goes to Pakistan comes back very impressed at the hospitality and warmth of the average person.

Watched an Indian make a video on the Kartarpur crossing and she couldn't stop talking about how nice the people were and cleaner the streets are.
    Last edited by faraz39; 25th November 2019 at 15:12.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the irony Indians are one of the most stingy and have a bad reputation.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    East Midlands, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    Watched an Indian make a video on the Kartarpur crossing and she couldn't stop talking about how nice the people were and cleaner the streets are.
    There are dozens of YouTube videos about Kartarpur emphasising your points, many of them made by Indian travel vloggers.
    Truly a slap in the face for the official Indian narrative on ‘terrorist’ Pakistan and their state strategy of isolating their neighbour.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reputation of best tourist and spend well? Like seriously how do you guys come up with such utter idiotic crap lol?

The only sore eyes here we see of is yours. There are sore losers like you from a specific country who utter all kind of nonsense in such travel videos to Pakistan. You can tell by their comments how much pain they are in seeing travelers admiring and loving their experience in Pakistan. Afterall it nullifies all the nonsense that comes out of Indian government, media and bollywood

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks like few Pakistani posters are oblivious to sarcasm.
    Last edited by JaDed; 26th November 2019 at 03:21.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like few Pakistani posters are oblivious to sarcasm.
    bholay bhaley bache hein

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @saadibaba and the rest

Agree. However, the problem I see is foreigners watching these videos thinking all these places are risk free, what they won't realize is that these vloggers are accompanied and assisted by our govt./security agencies during their stay. You can sometime get a glimpse of an armed man in white shalwar kameez roaming around the filming. This creates a false impression of security. Vloggers also need to be more forthcoming on these issues.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    CPIC and Ali Hamdani are bringing in vloggers. Recently a popular Arab vlogger Joe Hattab visited Pakistan and his videos are fetching millions of views.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not all vloggers are coming because they are being invited.

Like for example this guy, HuuB he has been in Pak for 6 months travelling up and down the country in his van (and other local cars he bought/rented along the way). He doesn't even have 100k subscribers and I'm sure most of subscribers now are probably Pakistani so would have started with a few thousand.