Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 153 of 153
  1. #81
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,664
    Mentioned
    1946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Other 'paid' vloggers risking their lives to do rafting in Pak all for that government funding


    Skip to the 10 min mark


  2. #82
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    5,159
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has lots of scenic places. Vloggers don't need to be paid to be there.

    Pointless thread.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    The Griffins ....

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    5,546
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Other 'paid' vloggers risking their lives to do rafting in Pak all for that government funding


    Skip to the 10 min mark

    That guy overtaking at 12:20

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    3,566
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is beautiful country with beautiful culture/People , I have travelled in many countries in the world and throughout Pakistan as well , i am saying this objectively.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    7,003
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Not all vloggers are coming because they are being invited.


    Like for example this guy, HuuB he has been in Pak for 6 months travelling up and down the country in his van (and other local cars he bought/rented along the way). He doesn't even have 100k subscribers and I'm sure most of subscribers now are probably Pakistani so would have started with a few thousand.

    i think he also had a rikshaw!


    TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,664
    Mentioned
    1946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    i think he also had a rikshaw!
    That was another guy.... College Free, an American who spoke Urdu. He bought a rickshaw in Karachi and travelled the length and breadth of the country in it, amusing everyone as he went by. After spending more than 6 months in the country he left with a heavy heart.


    Our tourism budget must be through the roof if we are financing vloggers for six month stints

  8. #88
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    5,159
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    23 sites identified to boost tourism in Punjab

    ISLAMABAD: A study commissioned by the World Bank has identified 23 selected tourist sites across the province of Punjab to delineate the engagement of youth and women in the tourism sector who remain under-represented in most economic activities and policy thinking.



    The World Bank has been engaged by the Punjab government to provide technical and financial assistance in catalysing tourism’s growth multiplier in the province. This support has been launched through the bank-assisted Punjab Tourism for Economic Growth project.

    The identified sites were: Derawar Fort (Bahawalpur), shrine of Hazrat Syed Ahmed Sultan Sakhi Sarwar (Dera Ghazi Khan), Fort Munro (D.G. Khan), tombs of Shah Rukne Alam, Shah Shams and Mai Maharban (Multan), Harappa (Sahiwal), shrine of Hazrat Baba Haji Sher Chawli Mashaikh (Vehari), shrine (darbar) of Sakhi Saidan Shah Shirazi (Choa Saidan Shah, Chakwal), Rohtas Fort (Jhelum), Mazar Sakhi Sultan Bahu (Jhang), Nur Jahan’s tomb (Lahore), Kalabagh (Mianwali), Sadiq Garh Palace (Bahawalpur), Cholistan Desert (Bahawalpur), Khanpur dam (Haripur), Jallo Park (Lahore), shrine of Hazrat Makhdum Jahaniyan Jahangasht (Bahawalpur), Hiran Minar (Sheikhupura), Lal Suhanra National Park (Bahawalpur), Khabeki Lake (Khushab), Thal Desert, and Raja Man Singh’s Haveli (Jhelum).

    Most tourist businesses around the 23 selected sites appear to be insufficient. While they experience increased revenues around seasonal high flows, their profitability declines as revenues increase. The findings show that the businesses were either operating with operational inefficiencies or imbalanced cost structures that depress potentially profitability. The businesses could benefit immensely through technical support that helped them revamp operations such that the revenue-cost dynamic attains better balance, the study emphasised.

    The study focused on the economic impacts generated by these businesses for youth and women, and on aggregate level, the limited operational scale of these businesses restricts total employment generated by the business. Young male workers do tend to find employment in tourism businesses around the 23 selected sites, and on average, these businesses employ at least one male worker below the age of 25 years.

    However, women remain completely locked out from the operations and economic footprint generated by these businesses. Only two businesses in the listing directory reported employing women, while no women owners were running businesses around the 23 sites. Furthermore, part-time work opportunities remain limited, as very few businesses reported employing part-time workers.

    The study also assessed main features of the employment opportunities and participation of women in the tourist labour force around the selected sites. Across the board, the results indicate that women are largely absent from the labour force in the industry. This finding is aligned with the overall levels of female labour force participation in the country.

    While women have been reported to have higher comparative participation rates in the labour force engaged with tourism, they are generally under-represented as owners and entrepreneurs in this economy. The study also confirms this feature of women’s participation in tourist economies around the selected sites: none of the businesses listed around the sites were owned or operated by women.

    Despite this low skills penetration, slightly more than half of all business reported that training workers in tourism and business skills is likely to improve workers’ efficiency, and improve business operations.

    Businesses reported that lack of financial resources, low profitability and weak law and order situation around the tourist sites were operational challenges for their businesses. This finding suggests that businesses need targeted interventions to improve these variables, which will likely help improve the overall business climate around these sites, the study notes.

    Despite challenges for these businesses, both intrinsic to the operations and extrinsic in the local economic environment, 83 per cent of business owners indicated that their operations were improving, while 64 per cent expected their businesses to improve in the short-term. A notable feature of the overall causes of deterioration in business performance was attributed to governance weaknesses e.g. regulatory pressures and burdens.

    Most of the sites included in the study are governed by multiple and competing jurisdictions exercised by provincial and district-level authorities. In addition, religious tourism sites and the attached economies are further tightly regulated by the management, influential local actors, and government authorities. Easing this regulatory burden and simplifying governance is likely to open up the space for these businesses to improve their performance and increase their impact.

    Majority of the tourists to most of the sites were first time visitors which indicate that the tourist flows to these sites were increasing, and new visitors were thronging these attractions. Majority of the visitors indicated that they were visiting the area after recommendations from friends and family.

    While tourist traffic was increasing around these sites, most tourists were same-day visitors, and this indicates that businesses around these sites need to diversify product and service offering that allows tourists extend duration of their stays and increase revenue sources for the businesses, according to the study.

    Tourists to these sites identified several challenges, underlining the need to improve specific features including improved washroom facilities, female-friendly washroom facilities and infrastructure and facilities for children.
    Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1519973/23...rism-in-punjab.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    7,330
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan bike racing



    Rlaely it desonít mttaer waht I wirte youíll sitll uanrtednsnd it

  10. #90
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,245
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan recommended as a top destination to visit in 2020.

    THIS IS WHERE THE EXPERTS RECOMMEND FOR TRAVEL NEXT YEAR, FROM EGYPT TO PAKISTAN

    Where: Pakistan
    Who: Wild Frontiers
    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s visit to Pakistan this autumn put the country back into the spotlight. Plus, it’s now easier to get there from London, thanks to new direct British Airways flights to Pakistan’s capital Islamabad.

    Tour operator Wild Frontiers has been tipping Pakistan as the next big destination for a couple of years – it has seen an increase in customer numbers of 20 per cent this year compared to 2018.
    Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9225001.html

    I wonder if independent.co.uk is being paid by ISPR or Govt too

    Last edited by WebGuru; 4th December 2019 at 00:07.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    1,960
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    another yotuber in pakistan, Where the jones- he's taken his whole family:



    TGK 237.1 owner

  12. #92
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They target big markets like Pakistan in order to get subscribers and views. Pakistan is a huge market with a popular of 220 million people so it makes sense for smaller YouTubers to invest in Pakistani market when they are also funded by the government though there was one YouTuber who was a bit critical of Pakistan and she was shunned away by the government


  13. #93
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,939
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    They target big markets like Pakistan in order to get subscribers and views. Pakistan is a huge market with a popular of 220 million people so it makes sense for smaller YouTubers to invest in Pakistani market when they are also funded by the government though there was one YouTuber who was a bit critical of Pakistan and she was shunned away by the government

    Lol seems like youíre trying very hard.

    Obv Pakistan has things which it needs to focus on and improve on this tourism aspect but donít be a copy-paste merchant and post video everywhere. Anyways Iíve given my opinion on it on the thread you opened and I agree with her mostly but you werenít happy and just started saying itís bad.

    I donít think most people here would even disagree with most of her comments and feedback so youíre really achieving nothing but coming across as salty. Why are you so salty?

  14. #94
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    3,942
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    They target big markets like Pakistan in order to get subscribers and views. Pakistan is a huge market with a popular of 220 million people so it makes sense for smaller YouTubers to invest in Pakistani market when they are also funded by the government though there was one YouTuber who was a bit critical of Pakistan and she was shunned away by the government
    You are trying a little too hard. Find more Pakistan traveling threads and post the same video lol. It's not even a bad video, rather she has raised some good points.

    As for your other lie, many travelers aren't funded and have mentioned it many times in their videos. You sure seem to be having a tough time seeing a sudden influx of tourists in Pakistan. Are you a padosi by any chance? because many of them post whining salty comments in Pakistan travel videos

    I suggest you stick to spring breaks bud lol.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,939
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriketer View Post
    You are trying a little too hard. Find more Pakistan traveling threads and post the same video lol. It's not even a bad video, rather she has raised some good points.

    .
    The lady actually raises very good points. Itís poor that she wasnít allowed to talk. I think we need to be cognizant of her views of the country is to attract more tourists.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriketer View Post
    You are trying a little too hard. Find more Pakistan traveling threads and post the same video lol. It's not even a bad video, rather she has raised some good points.

    As for your other lie, many travelers aren't funded and have mentioned it many times in their videos. You sure seem to be having a tough time seeing a sudden influx of tourists in Pakistan. Are you a padosi by any chance? because many of them post whining salty comments in Pakistan travel videos

    I suggest you stick to spring breaks bud lol.
    Why would I be jealous of tourists coming to my country? It is good for the country in the long run but the thing I am trying to say is that these foreigners present an overly positive image of Pakistan which is not true at all as most of the travel bloggers have security patrol and even curfew in some cases. Pakistan should try to promote local travel bloggers as well and having white women riding bikes in Pakistan wouldn't do anything for Pakistan unless we keep our own women in the kitchen or at home.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    3,942
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Why would I be jealous of tourists coming to my country? It is good for the country in the long run but the thing I am trying to say is that these foreigners present an overly positive image of Pakistan which is not true at all as most of the travel bloggers have security patrol and even curfew in some cases. Pakistan should try to promote local travel bloggers as well and having white women riding bikes in Pakistan wouldn't do anything for Pakistan unless we keep our own women in the kitchen or at home.
    Pakistan doesn't promote anyone when it comes to tourism be it local or foreigner. I recently traveled to Pakistan and came across several foreigners without any security and patrol so again you make quite a naive case without any evidence. Yes, there might be a few places where security is required, as Pakistan recently went through a war and had terrorism problems so obviously such measures will be taken.

    So a white women riding a bike around Eifel tower or London bridge won't be boring? I fail to understand what argument you are trying to make as you initially started off from how boring mosques are and there is no night life in Pakistan and how one can't wear revealing clothes. Now you have a problem with solo girl on a bike going all around Pakistan? There are other Pakistani girls who have vlogs of traveling and have mentioned its safe and fun, so maybe check them out before posting comical claims.

  18. #98
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Why would I be jealous of tourists coming to my country? It is good for the country in the long run but the thing I am trying to say is that these foreigners present an overly positive image of Pakistan which is not true at all as most of the travel bloggers have security patrol and even curfew in some cases. Pakistan should try to promote local travel bloggers as well and having white women riding bikes in Pakistan wouldn't do anything for Pakistan unless we keep our own women in the kitchen or at home.
    Security patrol? Do you have evidence of that? A few of them may have a patrol for a few mins to a few hours of their weeks or months long trip, but that's not a general trend. And curfew? ***, even I haven't heard of ** like that.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    Security patrol? Do you have evidence of that? A few of them may have a patrol for a few mins to a few hours of their weeks or months long trip, but that's not a general trend. And curfew? ***, even I haven't heard of ** like that.
    Have you watched the video which I posted? She has got voice recordings from multiple tourists who were harassed by their security while on tour and had to go through hassle while travelling through the country.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriketer View Post
    Pakistan doesn't promote anyone when it comes to tourism be it local or foreigner. I recently traveled to Pakistan and came across several foreigners without any security and patrol so again you make quite a naive case without any evidence. Yes, there might be a few places where security is required, as Pakistan recently went through a war and had terrorism problems so obviously such measures will be taken.

    So a white women riding a bike around Eifel tower or London bridge won't be boring? I fail to understand what argument you are trying to make as you initially started off from how boring mosques are and there is no night life in Pakistan and how one can't wear revealing clothes. Now you have a problem with solo girl on a bike going all around Pakistan? There are other Pakistani girls who have vlogs of traveling and have mentioned its safe and fun, so maybe check them out before posting comical claims.
    There are places which have security issues but how does Bahawalpur have any security issues? Why foreigners cant travel there without informing the security agencies? It shows that you haven't watched the video either because she has provided audios from tourists who had to go through trouble in Pakistan over petty issues.

  21. #101
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Have you watched the video which I posted? She has got voice recordings from multiple tourists who were harassed by their security while on tour and had to go through hassle while travelling through the country.
    I have watched this video a while ago, and I had a few questions.
    1. What does harassment mean in this case? Police asking for ID? Police forcing patrol? Or some other harassment? The first two are not really harassment. I have seen the first two happen on several vlogs. The ID check lasts minutes at most. Police patrol lasts hours at most. You make it appear its the entire trip.
    2. Like I said, if they were given patrol for a few hours, that could be 1 day or 2 days at most. You make it sound like it was the entire trip.

  22. #102
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriketer View Post
    Pakistan doesn't promote anyone when it comes to tourism be it local or foreigner. I recently traveled to Pakistan and came across several foreigners without any security and patrol so again you make quite a naive case without any evidence. Yes, there might be a few places where security is required, as Pakistan recently went through a war and had terrorism problems so obviously such measures will be taken.

    So a white women riding a bike around Eifel tower or London bridge won't be boring? I fail to understand what argument you are trying to make as you initially started off from how boring mosques are and there is no night life in Pakistan and how one can't wear revealing clothes. Now you have a problem with solo girl on a bike going all around Pakistan? There are other Pakistani girls who have vlogs of traveling and have mentioned its safe and fun, so maybe check them out before posting comical claims.
    The viewpoint seems to be of a very burger upbringing, where everything in Pakistan is boring and glamorous in the west. Meantime people in west and interested in traveling to Asia find the cr*p he's promoting as fun and cool actually quite mundane. There's also no coherent argument, it's all over the place.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    I have watched this video a while ago, and I had a few questions.
    1. What does harassment mean in this case? Police asking for ID? Police forcing patrol? Or some other harassment? The first two are not really harassment. I have seen the first two happen on several vlogs. The ID check lasts minutes at most. Police patrol lasts hours at most. You make it appear its the entire trip.
    2. Like I said, if they were given patrol for a few hours, that could be 1 day or 2 days at most. You make it sound like it was the entire trip.
    If Pakistan is safe for travel, why do they need police patrol for normal tourists? Why do they harass the Pakistani hosts of these tourists?

  24. #104
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    If Pakistan is safe for travel, why do they need police patrol for normal tourists? Why do they harass the Pakistani hosts of these tourists?
    Do you live in a black and white world? Where you only have two options for everything? A country being safe doesn't mean incidents can't happen. Do you expect there to be no incidents to tourists in western countries? And if something happened in Pakistan, the media (especially western) would make an incredibly big deal out of it. It would set tourism back another 10 years. That's why they are being safe rather than sorry.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    Do you live in a black and white world? Where you only have two options for everything? A country being safe doesn't mean incidents can't happen. Do you expect there to be no incidents to tourists in western countries? And if something happened in Pakistan, the media (especially western) would make an incredibly big deal out of it. It would set tourism back another 10 years. That's why they are being safe rather than sorry.
    If thats an issue then they should probably stop investing in tourism if they are not confident about their own security condition. That is no excuse to harass the PAKISTANI HOSTS of these foreigners. Imagine you going to UK and living with a friend there and there is police coming to your friends house everyday and keep on harassing them, how would you feel?

  26. #106
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    If thats an issue then they should probably stop investing in tourism if they are not confident about their own security condition.
    Every country should stop investing in tourism because they have a police force.

    Did you understand what I said in my post? You clearly didn't. Let me copy paste. A country being safe doesn't mean incidents can't happen. Do you expect there to be no incidents to tourists in western countries? And if something happened in Pakistan, the media (especially western) would make an incredibly big deal out of it. It would set tourism back another 10 years. That's why they are being safe rather than sorry. An incident happening in other countries won't raise such eyebrows. There are murders of foreign tourists all the time in western countries, and no one cares, because they are western. When it comes to Pakistan, the rules in the media are different, so Pakistan is not playing on a level playing field and has to do things different.

    That is no excuse to harass the PAKISTANI HOSTS of these foreigners. Imagine you going to UK and living with a friend there and there is police coming to your friends house everyday and keep on harassing them, how would you feel?
    1. How do you know they are coming everyday? For all I know, this happened once or twice in a whole year.
    2. It's not clear why police are visiting the hosts. More information might be necessary to see if its justified. And also if this is wide-spread or not. I haven't heard of this happening outside of this video, I doubt this is wide-spread. Again, one or two incidents are not trends.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    Every country should stop investing in tourism because they have a police force.

    Did you understand what I said in my post? You clearly didn't. Let me copy paste. A country being safe doesn't mean incidents can't happen. Do you expect there to be no incidents to tourists in western countries? And if something happened in Pakistan, the media (especially western) would make an incredibly big deal out of it. It would set tourism back another 10 years. That's why they are being safe rather than sorry. An incident happening in other countries won't raise such eyebrows. There are murders of foreign tourists all the time in western countries, and no one cares, because they are western. When it comes to Pakistan, the rules in the media are different, so Pakistan is not playing on a level playing field and has to do things different.



    1. How do you know they are coming everyday? For all I know, this happened once or twice in a whole year.
    2. It's not clear why police are visiting the hosts. More information might be necessary to see if its justified. And also if this is wide-spread or not. I haven't heard of this happening outside of this video, I doubt this is wide-spread. Again, one or two incidents are not trends.
    The reason why you have not heard from other vloggers about this is that this girl is brave while other vloggers do ji huzoori of the govt and land TV shows and views and subscribers. Main example of that is Eva zu Beck who had 20k followers before she came to Pakistan and now she has over 100k subs and I think she has some kind of TV show in Pakistan too now.

  28. #108
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    The reason why you have not heard from other vloggers about this is that this girl is brave while other vloggers do ji huzoori of the govt and land TV shows and views and subscribers. Main example of that is Eva zu Beck who had 20k followers before she came to Pakistan and now she has over 100k subs and I think she has some kind of TV show in Pakistan too now.
    Which argument are you responding to? My response to "they should probably stop investing in tourism if they are not confident about their own security condition" or my response to "That is no excuse to harass the PAKISTANI HOSTS of these foreigners"?

  29. #109
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,939
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    ]The reason why you have not heard from other vloggers about this is that this girl is brave while other vloggers do ji huzoori of the govt and land TV shows and views and subscribers. Main example of that is Eva zu Beck who had 20k followers before she came to Pakistan and now she has over 100k subs and I think she has some kind of TV show in Pakistan too now.
    how do you know this? did those vloggers call you

    why werent my friends harassed. it was literally a group of 22-23 white people and 3 pakistanis. only time we got stopped was drive from gilgit to hunza and we were just asked why were 2 vans going filled with gooras.


    #MPGA

  30. #110
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    Which argument are you responding to? My response to "they should probably stop investing in tourism if they are not confident about their own security condition" or my response to "That is no excuse to harass the PAKISTANI HOSTS of these foreigners"?
    Both of them.



    This guy went to Iraq, Does it mean its safe? Many people go to North Korea as well these days, does it mean its safe? Do you remember what happened with Otto Wambier? If Pakistan wants to become a top tourist destination, then they need to educate the locals and society how to act towards tourists.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    how do you know this? did those vloggers call you

    why werent my friends harassed. it was literally a group of 22-23 white people and 3 pakistanis. only time we got stopped was drive from gilgit to hunza and we were just asked why were 2 vans going filled with gooras.
    So do you think the people in that video are paid by RAW to say that?

  32. #112
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Both of them.
    It doesn't address my response to why Pakistan sometimes gives police patrol for a few hours. Second, if you think Pakistan is unsafe, then no one is going to risk their lives for subscribers. There are people with millions of subscribers that have visited Pakistan and people with only hundreds of subscribers, and everything in between. You, OTOH, have no evidence to prove your points are just speculating based on what you wish to be true.

    This guy went to Iraq, Does it mean its safe? Many people go to North Korea as well these days, does it mean its safe? Do you remember what happened with Otto Wambier? If Pakistan wants to become a top tourist destination, then they need to educate the locals and society how to act towards tourists.
    So your argument is that just because a lot of tourists are visiting Pakistan, doesn't necessarily mean Pakistan is safe. I agree, that's not necessarily a good metric, although its an indicator and is usually correlated. How about data on terrorism, which shows Pakistan has less terrorism now than anytime in the last 20 years basically? That data is a more direct way to tell whether Pakistan or not Pakistan is safe.

  33. #113
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    So do you think the people in that video are paid by RAW to say that?
    Why do you continue to argue only in blacks and whites? Do you have no capability to think beyond one extreme or another?

  34. #114
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,939
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    So do you think the people in that video are paid by RAW to say that?
    No.

    Iím saying it might be one off event who knows. There are problems which need to be fixed but youíre saying as if everyone gets harassed and followed and interrogated but they donít say it because they are paid to not do so.

    And I just gave my example.

  35. #115
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,369
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    No.

    I’m saying it might be one off event who knows. There are problems which need to be fixed but you’re saying as if everyone gets harassed and followed and interrogated but they don’t say it because they are paid to not do so.

    And I just gave my example.
    It's another example of black and white arguments. Either every tourist that comes to Pakistan gets harassed by security agencies every single day (his own words) or none do. No middle ground, e.g. it only happens for a few hours for a few tourists.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,939
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Usually it takes these false flag posters a few weeks....


    Anyways weíve gone from not being allowed to wear revealing clothing to no alcohol and partying to Pakistan having nothing beyond mosques to not being safe for women and now to harassment by security agencies.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    No.

    I’m saying it might be one off event who knows. There are problems which need to be fixed but you’re saying as if everyone gets harassed and followed and interrogated but they don’t say it because they are paid to not do so.

    And I just gave my example.
    One off event with at least 10 tourists? Thats like almost 10% of the foreigner tourists Pakistan gets in a year. Why would they harass almost 10% of their annual tourists over a petty issue and the fact that she has got the evidence of people being harassed and you don't have that you didn't get shows who to believe if we use the logic of the guy above who keeps on asking for evidence?

  38. #118
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    It doesn't address my response to why Pakistan sometimes gives police patrol for a few hours. Second, if you think Pakistan is unsafe, then no one is going to risk their lives for subscribers. There are people with millions of subscribers that have visited Pakistan and people with only hundreds of subscribers, and everything in between. You, OTOH, have no evidence to prove your points are just speculating based on what you wish to be true.



    So your argument is that just because a lot of tourists are visiting Pakistan, doesn't necessarily mean Pakistan is safe. I agree, that's not necessarily a good metric, although its an indicator and is usually correlated. How about data on terrorism, which shows Pakistan has less terrorism now than anytime in the last 20 years basically? That data is a more direct way to tell whether Pakistan or not Pakistan is safe.
    Pakistan is safer than the countries I mentioned but we cant use attention-seeking vloggers to measure the tourism rate. Most of these vloggers go to Syria, Iraq, DPRK as well and that doesn't mean its safe at all. I am just saying that if Pakistan wants to become a serious tourist destination, then there is a need for societal transformation where the influence of mullahs is nil so tourists who come here don't feel any kind of harassment by the public. Like if a couple comes to Pakistan and they cant even hold hands unless they are married then its a big no go area for young people.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    3,942
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Pakistan is safer than the countries I mentioned but we cant use attention-seeking vloggers to measure the tourism rate. Most of these vloggers go to Syria, Iraq, DPRK as well and that doesn't mean its safe at all. I am just saying that if Pakistan wants to become a serious tourist destination, then there is a need for societal transformation where the influence of mullahs is nil so tourists who come here don't feel any kind of harassment by the public. Like if a couple comes to Pakistan and they cant even hold hands unless they are married then its a big no go area for young people.
    So now couples can't hold hands? hahaha. Stop shooting stuff out of your behind. Why don't you stick with your spring breaks? How much you had last night at your non-boring night out that you haven't recovered yet hence you can't make a coherent sensible point?

    Tourists love Pakistan, so you can keep making yourself look like an idiot here. Good that other posters are equally calling you a whining troll.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    7,003
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feed the troll guys he joined the forum yesterday and most of his posts are directly or indirectly only to bash Pakistan image and half of his posts are about Pakistan tourism.


    TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy


  41. #121
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    7,003
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Usually it takes these false flag posters a few weeks....


    Anyways we’ve gone from not being allowed to wear revealing clothing to no alcohol and partying to Pakistan having nothing beyond mosques to not being safe for women and now to harassment by security agencies.
    He is a troll joined the forum yesterday i am sure his other nick was banned or something for the obvious reasons


    TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

  42. #122
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,664
    Mentioned
    1946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    how do you know this? did those vloggers call you

    why werent my friends harassed. it was literally a group of 22-23 white people and 3 pakistanis. only time we got stopped was drive from gilgit to hunza and we were just asked why were 2 vans going filled with gooras.
    That must have been a hilarious convo..... how was your friends trip and what was their impression of Pakistan?


    Mein inko rolaonga

  43. #123
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,664
    Mentioned
    1946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Usually it takes these false flag posters a few weeks....


    Anyways we’ve gone from not being allowed to wear revealing clothing to no alcohol and partying to Pakistan having nothing beyond mosques to not being safe for women and now to harassment by security agencies.
    Typical Indian point of view. It is one thing to be Indian and salty, but a whole another level of saltiness to be Indian but try to pass off as Pakistani to dish Pakistan at a Pakistani forum


    Mein inko rolaonga

  44. #124
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,664
    Mentioned
    1946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    One off event with at least 10 tourists? Thats like almost 10% of the foreigner tourists Pakistan gets in a year. Why would they harass almost 10% of their annual tourists over a petty issue and the fact that she has got the evidence of people being harassed and you don't have that you didn't get shows who to believe if we use the logic of the guy above who keeps on asking for evidence?

    You are showing your auqaat with each post

    18,000 foreigners visited Pakistan in 2018 and that was 70% higher than 2017(yes these goora people, since Pakistanis or Pakistani origin overseas don't need tourist visa)

    The numbers for 2019 aren't out yet but it is also SIGNIFICANTLY higher than 2018. In a year or two we will be touching 50,000 foreign tourists a year. Big achievement for a country just emerging from decades of war.
    https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/****...018-1.67891432



    So my small Indian friend, I would recommend you worry about your own country, its plummetting image in the world and the rapidly sinking economy.


    Mein inko rolaonga

  45. #125
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    6,514
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What a salty troll this guy is. Couples can't hold hands. I see people doing date shates all over the place

  46. #126
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are getting paid to make up crap out of thin air then it make sense, make your $$ by all means but if you are not then why are you wasting your time with false claims?



    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    They target big markets like Pakistan in order to get subscribers and views. Pakistan is a huge market with a popular of 220 million people so it makes sense for smaller YouTubers to invest in Pakistani market when they are also funded by the government though there was one YouTuber who was a bit critical of Pakistan and she was shunned away by the government

    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Why would I be jealous of tourists coming to my country? It is good for the country in the long run but the thing I am trying to say is that these foreigners present an overly positive image of Pakistan which is not true at all as most of the travel bloggers have security patrol and even curfew in some cases. Pakistan should try to promote local travel bloggers as well and having white women riding bikes in Pakistan wouldn't do anything for Pakistan unless we keep our own women in the kitchen or at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Have you watched the video which I posted? She has got voice recordings from multiple tourists who were harassed by their security while on tour and had to go through hassle while travelling through the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    There are places which have security issues but how does Bahawalpur have any security issues? Why foreigners cant travel there without informing the security agencies? It shows that you haven't watched the video either because she has provided audios from tourists who had to go through trouble in Pakistan over petty issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    If Pakistan is safe for travel, why do they need police patrol for normal tourists? Why do they harass the Pakistani hosts of these tourists?
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    If thats an issue then they should probably stop investing in tourism if they are not confident about their own security condition. That is no excuse to harass the PAKISTANI HOSTS of these foreigners. Imagine you going to UK and living with a friend there and there is police coming to your friends house everyday and keep on harassing them, how would you feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    The reason why you have not heard from other vloggers about this is that this girl is brave while other vloggers do ji huzoori of the govt and land TV shows and views and subscribers. Main example of that is Eva zu Beck who had 20k followers before she came to Pakistan and now she has over 100k subs and I think she has some kind of TV show in Pakistan too now.
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Both of them.



    This guy went to Iraq, Does it mean its safe? Many people go to North Korea as well these days, does it mean its safe? Do you remember what happened with Otto Wambier? If Pakistan wants to become a top tourist destination, then they need to educate the locals and society how to act towards tourists.
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    So do you think the people in that video are paid by RAW to say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    One off event with at least 10 tourists? Thats like almost 10% of the foreigner tourists Pakistan gets in a year. Why would they harass almost 10% of their annual tourists over a petty issue and the fact that she has got the evidence of people being harassed and you don't have that you didn't get shows who to believe if we use the logic of the guy above who keeps on asking for evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Pakistan is safer than the countries I mentioned but we cant use attention-seeking vloggers to measure the tourism rate. Most of these vloggers go to Syria, Iraq, DPRK as well and that doesn't mean its safe at all. I am just saying that if Pakistan wants to become a serious tourist destination, then there is a need for societal transformation where the influence of mullahs is nil so tourists who come here don't feel any kind of harassment by the public. Like if a couple comes to Pakistan and they cant even hold hands unless they are married then its a big no go area for young people.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    37,507
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    One off event with at least 10 tourists? Thats like almost 10% of the foreigner tourists Pakistan gets in a year. Why would they harass almost 10% of their annual tourists over a petty issue and the fact that she has got the evidence of people being harassed and you don't have that you didn't get shows who to believe if we use the logic of the guy above who keeps on asking for evidence?
    I asked you in the other thread whether you are Emirati?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  48. #128
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    5,546
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I asked you in the other thread whether you are Emirati?
    A fire breaking "Emarati" perhaps

  49. #129
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    I watched videos from Indian Travel vloggers who went to Kartarpur and I think Kartarpur could be the game changer for Pakistan tourism. They need to invest more in it and once the relations between Pakistan and India improve, they can extend this visa for weeks so they can visit all over the country.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,245
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan tops Condť Nast Traveller's list of best 2020 holiday destinations

    The past few years have seen a steady increase in foreign tourists visiting Pakistan and it looks like the trend is set to continue as Pakistan topped Condť Nast Traveller's list of best holiday destinations for 2020.

    "The adventure traveller’s must-visit goes from strength to strength," wrote the award-winning luxury and lifestyle travel magazine, and highlighted popular destinations in Pakistan. The list also features other up-and-coming destinations such as Lebanon, Panama, Croatia, Morocco and the British Virgin Islands.

    The magazine's list chooses destinations based on "major events and trends around the world" and aims to be "geographically diverse, as well as one that covers a range of trips, from eco-tourism to adventure, to inspire every type of traveller. There are the destinations that have been on our radar for a while, but keep getting better."

    It also seems Condť Nast Traveller's list has been updated more recently. As of early November, Pakistan's ranking on the list came in at #5, not #1.

    Source: https://images.dawn.com/news/1184213...y-destinations


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  51. #131
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,245
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear visiting Pakistan changed her view.



    A must watch


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  52. #132
    Debut
    Jun 2016
    Venue
    Los Angeles, CA
    Runs
    346
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    The guy on the left of IK in brown clothes is probably an undercover security agent and appears to be the main handler of these international vloggers and foodies. It is pretty apparent that these trips are sponsored by our govt. in some way or another. I've seen a guy in white shalwar kameez with a huge machine gun in his hand, hanging around the shoot from a clip by Mark Wiens as he was roaming around the smaller cities of KP. Does Mark Wiens have that much funds and contacts to support such luxuries?

    Like our Army spokesperson has said many times in press conferences, if our media can just project a positive image of Pakistan, things will become so much better. As if ignoring the bad and shoving it under the carpet will somehow get rid of the deep rooted problems inflicting our society. As usual, a very myopic and superficial plan by our so called guardians to promote Pakistan's image in the world.

    Regardless though, I really enjoy watching these videos and can't wait to go on a foodie tour across Pakistan someday.
    Lol no. The guy on left of IK is Mobashir Siddiq, a food vlogger from Sialkot. Search him up on You tube. He tries to show the rural side of Punjab and how to make food in open.

  53. #133
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    4,881
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From 19 suicide bombings in 2018, only 6 happened in 2019. It decreased by around 65% in just one year. Truly outstanding.
    Hopefully that number goes to 0 in 2020.

    Imagine a year without a suicide blast in Pakistan, who would have thought in 2014 that this would be a possibility in just 6 years?

  54. #134
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    116,619
    Mentioned
    2073 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    lc(100% - 2px);">
    ne; width:100%;" target="_blank">
    rmal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

    rmal; font-weightrmal; line-height:17px; text-decorationne; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">I CONVERTED to ISLAM☪️ . What lead me to this Big decision? . As I mentioned previously, this last year was one of the hardest in my life, and all lifeís challenges have led me to this point here and now. From a young child, Iíve always had a unique connection with creation and special relationship to God. My path was far from easy and I carried a lot of anger in my heart from a lifetime of pain, always begging God, why me? Until ultimately coming to the conclusion that all is meant to be, and even my suffering is a gift. . Never resonating with what I was brought up with, I denounced my religion 4 years ago, going down a deep path of spiritual discovery.Exploration of self, and the great Divine. I never let go the sight of the Creator, in fact, my curiosity and connection only grew stronger. Now no longer dictated by fear, I was able to fully explore this righteous path. . As time passed, the more I experienced, the more I witnessed the true nature and calling for my life. I wanted to be free. Free of the pain and shackles that was hell. Liberation from the anger, hurt and misalignment. I wanted peace in my heart, forgiveness and the most profound connection with all. And thus started my journey. . The universe brought me to Pakistan, not only to challenge myself to let go of the last remaining traces of pain and ego, but also to show me the way. . Through kindness,& humbled grace of the people I met along my pilgrimage, inspired my heart to seek further. Living in a Muslim country for 10 + years and traveling extensively through these regions, I observed one thing; Peace. A kind of peace that one can only dream of having in their hearts. . Unfortunately Islam is one of the most misinterpreted and criticized religions world wide. And like all religions, there are many interpretations. But, the core of it, the true meaning of Islam, is PEACE, LOVE & ONENESS. Itís not a religion, but a way of life. The life of humanity, humility and Love. . For me, I was already technically a ďMuslimĒ. My Shahada was basically a re-dedication of my life to the path of Oneness, connection and Peace through the devotion of God. If you have any Qís comment below

    wrap;">A post shared by rmal; font-weightrmal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Rosie (@rosiegabrielle) on



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  55. #135
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,245
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like these girls had a great time in Pakistan!



    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  56. #136
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,245
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    lc(100% - 2px);">
    ne; width:100%;" target="_blank">
    rmal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

    rmal; font-weightrmal; line-height:17px; text-decorationne; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">I CONVERTED to ISLAM☪️ . What lead me to this Big decision? . As I mentioned previously, this last year was one of the hardest in my life, and all life’s challenges have led me to this point here and now. From a young child, I’ve always had a unique connection with creation and special relationship to God. My path was far from easy and I carried a lot of anger in my heart from a lifetime of pain, always begging God, why me? Until ultimately coming to the conclusion that all is meant to be, and even my suffering is a gift. . Never resonating with what I was brought up with, I denounced my religion 4 years ago, going down a deep path of spiritual discovery.Exploration of self, and the great Divine. I never let go the sight of the Creator, in fact, my curiosity and connection only grew stronger. Now no longer dictated by fear, I was able to fully explore this righteous path. . As time passed, the more I experienced, the more I witnessed the true nature and calling for my life. I wanted to be free. Free of the pain and shackles that was hell. Liberation from the anger, hurt and misalignment. I wanted peace in my heart, forgiveness and the most profound connection with all. And thus started my journey. . The universe brought me to Pakistan, not only to challenge myself to let go of the last remaining traces of pain and ego, but also to show me the way. . Through kindness,& humbled grace of the people I met along my pilgrimage, inspired my heart to seek further. Living in a Muslim country for 10 + years and traveling extensively through these regions, I observed one thing; Peace. A kind of peace that one can only dream of having in their hearts. . Unfortunately Islam is one of the most misinterpreted and criticized religions world wide. And like all religions, there are many interpretations. But, the core of it, the true meaning of Islam, is PEACE, LOVE & ONENESS. It’s not a religion, but a way of life. The life of humanity, humility and Love. . For me, I was already technically a “Muslim”. My Shahada was basically a re-dedication of my life to the path of Oneness, connection and Peace through the devotion of God. If you have any Q’s comment below

    wrap;">A post shared by rmal; font-weightrmal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Rosie (@rosiegabrielle) on

    If this is true thn get ready to see the propaganda of some of our leftists! They are gonna say Pak is using tourism as a weapon to convert people


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  57. #137
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,939
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    After Cornell university treks for past couple of years, the university of Virginia students are visiting Pakistan in a a Pakistan trek this year

  58. #138
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Looks like these girls had a great time in Pakistan!

    Probably paid by ISI, something RSS/BJP/hindtuva say.

    They aren't showing true Pakistan, let me fetch a negative and if I can't find it then I won't show up at this thread, something a Pakistani would say who had misfortune to born in Pakistan.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,664
    Mentioned
    1946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    After Cornell university treks for past couple of years, the university of Virginia students are visiting Pakistan in a a Pakistan trek this year
    My friend in Harvard also arranged a similar trek

  60. #140
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,245
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Spectator Index tweeted the list of Top 10 Destinations to visit in 2020 and Pakistan was on top guess what happened next? Indian Troll Army arrived with all the cheap shots and abuses.

    Check the replies of Indians under this tweet

  61. #141
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    1,113
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Makes sense as BA have restarted flights to Pakistan. UK to Pakistan is one of the most profitable routes on the planet.
    Oh really? I did not know that. Why is it so profitable?

  62. #142
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    2,970
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    The Spectator Index tweeted the list of Top 10 Destinations to visit in 2020 and Pakistan was on top guess what happened next? Indian Troll Army arrived with all the cheap shots and abuses.

    Check the replies of Indians under this tweet
    maybe @cricketjoshila knows them?

  63. #143
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    84,266
    Mentioned
    6297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quick question - do people of other countries also get so excited and giddy over foreigners visiting their country?

    What exactly are we celebrating?

  64. #144
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,939
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Quick question - do people of other countries also get so excited and giddy over foreigners visiting their country?

    What exactly are we celebrating?
    That tourism in the country is increasing.

    That great universities of the world such as Cornell, Oxbridge etc deem Pakistan significant enough and safe enough to allow official treks to happen. Many other universities are also having unofficial treks.

    All this happening is resulting in the image of the country improving as these people go back and spread the word. I personally have experienced this. About 20 people from my american college came on a trip to Pakisfan last year and this year more are interested since the power of the word of the mouth is strong.

    And obviously it leads to more economic opportunities. Now global publications are also pushing for Pakistan as a tourist destination.

    The reason to celebrate is that a country which had almost daily bomb blasts less than 10 years ago and was a pariah from a tourism perspective has seen such a change in such a short time period.

  65. #145
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    116,619
    Mentioned
    2073 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Quick question - do people of other countries also get so excited and giddy over foreigners visiting their country?

    What exactly are we celebrating?
    People who are proud of their country and those who genuinely love their country usually display this emotion - can happen.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  66. #146
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    8,279
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Quick question - do people of other countries also get so excited and giddy over foreigners visiting their country?

    What exactly are we celebrating?
    Most likely. Especially if it a recent phenomenon.

    Outsiders discovering the beauty of Pakistan and of Pakistanis are years of vilification is inevitably bring some relief and happiness.

  67. #147
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    684
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Quick question - do people of other countries also get so excited and giddy over foreigners visiting their country?

    What exactly are we celebrating?
    I bet other countries will also celebrate when their nation goes from one of top nations to avoid due to terrorism to number 1 place to visit.

  68. #148
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    3,719
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Looks like these girls had a great time in Pakistan!

    Breathtaking scenery such a beautiful place. I wish someday I visit Pakistan to explore such beauty.

  69. #149
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    7,267
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.shah View Post
    Breathtaking scenery such a beautiful place. I wish someday I visit Pakistan to explore such beauty.
    Amen. Considering itís GB, itís as much yours as it is ours ;)

  70. #150
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    7,267
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed4472 View Post
    Lol no. The guy on left of IK is Mobashir Siddiq, a food vlogger from Sialkot. Search him up on You tube. He tries to show the rural side of Punjab and how to make food in open.
    Thereís a resemblance, but I donít think itís Mubashir Siddiq, who is much shorter and leaner. I think itís Ali Hamdani, the guy who arranged Mark Wiensí trip.

  71. #151
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,245
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.shah View Post
    Breathtaking scenery such a beautiful place. I wish someday I visit Pakistan to explore such beauty.
    Hopefully soon! and as @Nostalgic mentioned it’s Gilgit Baltistan so it's as much yours as it is ours!


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  72. #152
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    1,175
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Lol seems like you’re trying very hard.

    Obv Pakistan has things which it needs to focus on and improve on this tourism aspect but don’t be a copy-paste merchant and post video everywhere. Anyways I’ve given my opinion on it on the thread you opened and I agree with her mostly but you weren’t happy and just started saying it’s bad.

    I don’t think most people here would even disagree with most of her comments and feedback so you’re really achieving nothing but coming across as salty. Why are you so salty?
    Have you read the comment section? its literally 90% rejecting her feedback.

  73. #153
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    1,175
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Quick question - do people of other countries also get so excited and giddy over foreigners visiting their country?

    What exactly are we celebrating?
    Theres nothing wrong with celebrating a win, but i am very worried.

    I feel like Pakistan is still a chaotic country and a mass influx of tourists might make it worse.

    For example the corruption, lack of transport systems, harassment of women etc.

    Countries like Thailand make it work i guess so i don't know.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •