Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 102 of 102
  1. #81
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    6,166
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should come tomorrow and declare with in first 10 overs.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    6,968
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Saad View Post
    Should come tomorrow and declare with in first 10 overs.
    No need to continue batting get the bowling in

  3. #83
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    4,833
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Kashif Bhatti can outperform Yasir in the spin department tomorrow, there is a case for him to be selected at the expense of the leggie following his 50 today. @Junaids

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    900
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i doubt yasir will get dropped although he has been awful recently...Haris should definately be dropped he missed three catches and has been awful with the bat

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    6,968
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If yasir has a poor first test misbah will drop him.Misbah loves his accurate SLA who can bat a bit :Rehman

  6. #86
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    36,451
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Comments from Babar Azam after Day 1:

    "The form is good, the 3-day match and this match have been helpful and we're trying to play long innings"

    "We wanted to get accustomed to the conditions here as they're quite different to what we're used to"

    "It will be a good contest, our batting and bowling are both performing. Youngsters bowled well in the previous match. We'll try to perform like we have in these warm-ups in the Test matches"

    "There is a bit more bounce and pace here so you need to adjust a bit, the more you practice and play, the more you get used to it"

    "My goal is to perform in every match, I want to continue my form in the Tests and do well"

    "Australia have all very good bowlers specially in their own conditions. I will try to apply my plan and play positively against them"

    ------------------

    Again he started talking with the 'jee bilkul'.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    4,437
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Comments from Babar Azam after Day 1:

    "The form is good, the 3-day match and this match have been helpful and we're trying to play long innings"

    "We wanted to get accustomed to the conditions here as they're quite different to what we're used to"

    "It will be a good contest, our batting and bowling are both performing. Youngsters bowled well in the previous match. We'll try to perform like we have in these warm-ups in the Test matches"

    "There is a bit more bounce and pace here so you need to adjust a bit, the more you practice and play, the more you get used to it"

    "My goal is to perform in every match, I want to continue my form in the Tests and do well"

    "Australia have all very good bowlers specially in their own conditions. I will try to apply my plan and play positively against them"

    ------------------

    Again he started talking with the 'jee bilkul'.
    You'll note a lot of the native English speaking players will often start answers with "Yeah absolutely" as well.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    114,097
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    You'll note a lot of the native English speaking players will often start answers with "Yeah absolutely" as well.
    or "Look" in Australian's case.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #89
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    114,097
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Teenage spinner Lloyd Pope snared 5-100 but veteran batsman Asad Shafiq was able to restore order for Pakistan in the two-day tour match at the WACA Ground.

    Pakistan finished day one at 7-386, with Shafiq scoring an unbeaten 101 and Shan Masood (76), Babar Azam (63), and Iman ul-Haq (44) also chipping in with handy scores.

    But it was a different story early as Pope weaved his magic for a baby-faced Cricket Australia XI outfit that featured just five players with first-class experience.

    Pakistan were struggling at 3-80 and 5-164 on a day where the mercury edged past 38 degrees.

    Abid Ali fell for a duck in just the second over of the day, and Pakistan were looking shaky when Pope snared the scalps of ul-Haq and Haris Sohail (two) shortly before lunch.

    Masood, Azam, and Shafiq helped drag Pakistan out of trouble, but Pope continued to pick up wickets at regular intervals.

    Azam, who scored 157 against a powerful Australia A squad earlier in the week, was on track for another big score before becoming Pope's fourth victim.

    But Shafiq, who scored 119 earlier in the week, was able to keep Pope at bay.

    Pope burst onto the scene as an 18-year-old last year when he snared 7-87 in just his second first-class game.

    The flame-haired spinner hasn't played a Shield game this summer, but his performance against Pakistan is sure to put him back in the selection mix for South Australia.

    "It's pretty awesome," Pope said of his success against Pakistan.

    "Five-for in any format against anyone is a bowler's dream. I was very privileged and happy to get it today, especially on a fast bowler's wicket.

    "It's nice it turned a little bit, and there were some good catches from the boys."

    Pakistan are using the match as their final warm-up ahead of the first Test against Australia, starting on Thursday at the Gabba.

    https://www.portnews.com.au/story/64...waca/?cs=12968


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #90
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    964
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With shafiq making his customary century of the tour, 2 of them on top of that. I dont see him scorinf anymore lol

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    836
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good runs from Kashif. If he can snare a few wickets tomorrow i reckon he could pip Imran Khan to place in the final XI.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    7,142
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rooting for Kashif to take 3-4 wickets tomorrow. He needs to play over Yasir if we want to win.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,762
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Good runs from Kashif. If he can snare a few wickets tomorrow i reckon he could pip Imran Khan to place in the final XI.
    They need to avoid sameness in the bowling, so I suspect they will go with Abbas, shaheen, Naseem, Yasir and ifti/shafiq/Shan to do fifth bowler’s work.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,737
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    They need to avoid sameness in the bowling, so I suspect they will go with Abbas, shaheen, Naseem, Yasir and ifti/shafiq/Shan to do fifth bowler’s work.
    Kashif bhatti over Yasir if he's even half decent . Yasir should not play in sena countries.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,762
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Kashif bhatti over Yasir if he's even half decent . Yasir should not play in sena countries.
    Yes Yasir has a poor record in Australia, South Africa, and even England (where he has taken wickets). Itís too bold a move to expect from Misbah. Australia has a lot of left handed batsmen and Bhatti would be the more sensible move, and will strengthen the batting.
    Given these obvious reasons, I expect it not to happen
    Last edited by Pete Rose; 15th November 2019 at 21:37.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,762
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have insights on Kashif Bhatti’s bowling pedigree

  17. #97
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    12,557
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Does anyone have insights on Kashif Bhatti’s bowling pedigree
    One of the best left arm spinners in longer format in Pakistan and if we consider stats of last 3 years he can be said as probably the best amongst spinners in 4 day cricket. He took 49 wickets in 8 matches in 2018 QAE trophy @ 14.10, even in this high scoring season he has taken 14 wickets @29 with an economy of 2.29 which is best in QAE (Not including Hammad Azam who has an eco of 2.26 but has bowled only 50 odd overs).

    He cant do worse than Yasir in Aus and gives bonus of batting as well.
    Last edited by Titan24; 15th November 2019 at 21:48.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,762
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    One of the best left arm spinners in longer format in Pakistan and if we consider stats of last 3 years he can be said as probably the best amongst spinners in 4 day cricket. He took 49 wickets in 8 matches in 2018 QAE trophy @ 14.10, even in this high scoring season he has taken 14 wickets @29 with an economy of 2.29 which is best in QAE (Not including Hammad Azam who has an eco of 2.26 but has bowled only 50 odd overs)..
    Thanks. Would seriously consider playing him in the first test. I missed seeing yasirs bowling in the three day, but in the highlights it looked fairly innocuous with little deviation.
    He cant do worse than Yasir in Aus and gives bonus of batting as well

  19. #99
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    7,142
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    One of the best left arm spinners in longer format in Pakistan and if we consider stats of last 3 years he can be said as probably the best amongst spinners in 4 day cricket. He took 49 wickets in 8 matches in 2018 QAE trophy @ 14.10, even in this high scoring season he has taken 14 wickets @29 with an economy of 2.29 which is best in QAE (Not including Hammad Azam who has an eco of 2.26 but has bowled only 50 odd overs).

    He cant do worse than Yasir in Aus and gives bonus of batting as well.
    Also Smith's only "weakness" is against left arm spin, although I'm pretty sure he still averages 40 ish against it.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    4,437
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Yes Yasir has a poor record in Australia, South Africa, and even England (where he has taken wickets). Itís too bold a move to expect from Misbah. Australia has a lot of left handed batsmen and Bhatti would be the more sensible move, and will strengthen the batting.
    Given these obvious reasons, I expect it not to happen
    With Khawaja and Marcus Harris gone it's a bit more balanced with Warner, Wade, and possibly Head if he plays who are left handers. Burns/Bancroft, Smith, Lasagne, and Paine are all right handers

  21. #101
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    12,456
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time does the day start?

  22. #102
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,796
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Ifti chacha has 2 failures in 3 knocks in the warmups I hope he is not a certain starter for second test if he's had a bad first game just because he can roll his arm over
    his bowling might be the differentiation - especially if they decide to go with 4 seamers and no Yasir. Also chacha was in good form in T20s and Haris has done nothing in the warm ups. I expect chacha to get the nod over Haris for the first test


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •