Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I am not smoking any thing - just trying to bust a bubble that Mickey Arthur would have chosen coaching PAK team over SRL for the talent of PAK team - it's insulting, for any nation. And, frankly speaking, I am a bit disgusted with the over use of the word "Talent" in cricket forum.

SRL also has won an ICC event in last 10 years .... and that ranking one of Test cricket was due to a washout in WIN, you may disagree, your choice. And the T20 ranking ...

In last 25 years, Lankans have won 1 WC, made 2 other finals, has won T20 WC, been runners-up twice, has made CT final once and won once ...

In Test cricket, has won series in ENG, NZ & SAF .... not to mention drubbing they gave to non Asian sides at home, including that all-conquering AUS side.

And, they have won 4-5 Test Series in PAK, against that fast bowling Talent ..... in last 25 years.

After that, if it's still "talent" is the motivational factor coaching... I would have really thought that someone is trying to pull leg on the fascination (of that cursed word).
    Srl has won tests series in Pakistan (1995 and 2000) and one in UAE in 2018.

Pakistan on the other hand have won test series in Srilanka (1994, 2000, 2005 2015)

These are the away series wins against each other for both the teams in last 25 years.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Srl has won tests series in Pakistan (1995 and 2000) and one in UAE in 2018.

Pakistan on the other hand have won test series in Srilanka (1994, 2000, 2005 2015)

These are the away series wins against each other for both the teams in last 25 years.
    May be, I was writing just from memory - it's 3 vs 4 then. I am sure they have won a Test in Lahore with Sanga hitting a double, probably in Asian Test championship or something, but could be one off Test.

But, do you think that justifies the "motivation" factor?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be, I was writing just from memory - it's 3 vs 4 then. I am sure they have won a Test in Lahore with Sanga hitting a double, probably in Asian Test championship or something, but could be one off Test.

I am not sure if it was the talent or not but Mickey Arther's first preference was to continue coaching Pakistan as we all know. Maybe due to understanding with players and culture and wanted to continue in the environment he knew.

Talking about talent Srilanka has got quite a few talented batsmen in their current team but bowling side of the things look comparatively weak but that is how they have been historically and I think they have achieved quite a lot with the limited resources they had in bowling. As other than Vaas, Murali, Malinga, Herath they didnt really have a lot of world class performers in bowling departments and still achieved quite a lot which is remarkable.

Pakistan on the other hand currently after gap of few years has decent talent in every department, yes batting talent can be better but still its their. However, historically Pak has underachieved with the potential they had.
    Last edited by Titan24; 16th November 2019 at 09:50.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mickey will have decent talent to work with especially in batting department with Srilanka.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if it was the talent or not but Mickey Arther's first preference was to continue coaching Pakistan as we all know. Maybe due to understanding with players and culture and wanted to continue in the environment he knew.

Talking about talent Srilanka has got quite a few talented batsmen in their current team but bowling side of the things look comparatively weak but that is how they have been historically and I think they have achieved quite a lot with the limited resources they had in bowling. As other than Vaas, Murali, Malinga, Herath they didnt really have a lot of world class performers in bowling departments and still achieved quite a lot which is remarkable.

Pakistan on the other hand currently after gap of few years has decent talent in every department, yes batting talent can be better but still its their. However, historically Pak has underachieved with the potential they had.
    Arthur wanted to work with PCT, because he was comfortable there - that's bitter truth. And, to keep the hype brigade charmed, he kept feeding outrageous comments, which must have been sold well in PAK.

Both SRL & IND achieved quite a lot, despite "limited" bowling talent, which actually tells that the assessment of what is talent and what actually wins a cricket match might not be correct always.

I agree with the under achiever statement - but for one decade only - 1990s.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy for Mickey.

He has done all he could do for Pakistan and still was sacked unprofessionally by PCB. Hope he makes Sri Lanka a top team again. The ingredients are there , he just has to use them well.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arthur wanted to work with PCT, because he was comfortable there - that's bitter truth. And, to keep the hype brigade charmed, he kept feeding outrageous comments, which must have been sold well in PAK.

Both SRL & IND achieved quite a lot, despite "limited" bowling talent, which actually tells that the assessment of what is talent and what actually wins a cricket match might not be correct always.

I agree with the under achiever statement - but for one decade only - 1990s.
    Yes definitely in 90s Pak underachieved. In 2000s Pak didnt produce much talent other than Mohammad Asif, Amir, Salman Butt (In ODIs) and maybe few other names and then after the destruction of the careers of these 3 another potentially good batsmen in Umer Akmal got destroyed due to his own wrong doings as well as bit of miss handling. This is after a long time Paksitan is finding itself in a place where they have quite a few decent players early 20s and teens.

Talent in itself is useless if one doesnt have the ability to apply it when required and follow the basic strategies of the team as after all its a team game. Srilanka and Indian were much better with that when situation needed. With poor strategies, lack of planning and mismanagement in Pakistan cricket, it was only natural talent in the moments of madness the that kept them afloat even in 90s and to some extent in 2000s.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes definitely in 90s Pak underachieved. In 2000s Pak didnt produce much talent other than Mohammad Asif, Amir, Salman Butt (In ODIs) and maybe few other names and then after the destruction of the careers of these 3 another potentially good batsmen in Umer Akmal got destroyed due to his own wrong doings as well as bit of miss handling. This is after a long time Paksitan is finding itself in a place where they have quite a few decent players early 20s and teens.

Talent in itself is useless if one doesnt have the ability to apply it when required and follow the basic strategies of the team as after all its a team game. Srilanka and Indian were much better with that when situation needed. With poor strategies, lack of planning and mismanagement in Pakistan cricket, it was only natural talent in the moments of madness the that kept them afloat even in 90s and to some extent in 2000s.
    I think more than lack of planning, it has been a lack of stability. One administration would come in with their plans, only to be replaced quickly by another who had completely different ideas. The past few years things have been a bit more stable than the 2000s. Hopefully it can continue.

Keep up with PakPassion and all things Pakistan Cricket on your favourite platforms

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    SL had at least some chance of winning the Tests against PAK.

Now there's no chance. This guy is clueless in Tests and ODIs.
    He has extensive knowledge of the Pakistani players and their strengths and weakness.I wouldnt completely undermine his value for the SL camp, for the Pakistan series primarily.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiz Played Well View Post
    I think more than lack of planning, it has been a lack of stability. One administration would come in with their plans, only to be replaced quickly by another who had completely different ideas. The past few years things have been a bit more stable than the 2000s. Hopefully it can continue.
    Agreed. There was too much changing and chopping at at every level from top management to the team.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    He has extensive knowledge of the Pakistani players and their strengths and weakness.I wouldnt completely undermine his value for the SL camp, for the Pakistan series primarily.
    To be honest that didnt help us much in Aus and SA tour under Mickey.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go point. I can already see Mickey breathing down our throats. He will make perfect plans against our guys which won’t allow them to play freely. Pakistan team won’t know what hit em.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no Mickey fan. But what I really impressed by him was his strict approach towards our lazy players, and to shrug off external influences . That is why he is hated very well in media. And to the people who said Champions Trophy is fluke. Then I think , except for 2003/2007 world cup where Australia were clear favs. Every team started slowly and struggled hard, gained some luck to win, So by that logic every team has fluked till date. What about Pakistan in 1992 (where rain saved us). Don't you count that as fluke also, where rain saved us from getting eliminated.

World tournaments people will always remember , and no body will ever care about what you did , and how you did in UAE against Srilanka. Again, I am stressing again, there is no guarantee Pakistan will even draw one test against Sri Lanka. Part of the problem is we have so called weak senior who will most likely to succumb. This is what king Misbah left in legacy. He got 6 years to build the team, and what he continuously played is friends, old people..

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really would’ve been better off withMickey as head coach, Waqar as bowling coach, and Misbah as selector

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just trying to bust a bubble that Mickey Arthur would have chosen coaching PAK team over SRL for the talent of PAK team - it's insulting, for any nation. And, frankly speaking, I am a bit disgusted with the over use of the word "Talent" in cricket forum.

SRL also has won an ICC event in last 10 years .... and that ranking one of Test cricket was due to a washout in WIN, you may disagree, your choice. And the T20 ranking ...

In last 25 years, Lankans have won 1 WC, made 2 other finals, has won T20 WC, been runners-up twice, has made CT final once and won once ...

In Test cricket, has won series in ENG, NZ & SAF .... not to mention drubbing they gave to non Asian sides at home, including that all-conquering AUS side.

And, they have won 4-5 Test Series in PAK, against that fast bowling Talent ..... in last 25 years.

After that, if it's still "talent" is the motivational factor coaching... I would have really thought that someone is trying to pull leg on the fascination (of that cursed word).
    Where are you getting these stats from? Sri Lanka has won only 2 test series in Pakistan in 1995 and 2000. Pakistan has won 4 test series in Sri Lanka in the same period.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest that didnt help us much in Aus and SA tour under Mickey.
    True.However it was after a span of nearly 6-7 years after coaching SA and 3-4 years after Aus did he start coaching us and the nucleas of the players probably changed.

Right now he is freshly coming off coaching us nearly 3 years and the core players are the same that he has seen develop under his eyes.So while i am not saying that this means that he is going to bring a humongous amount of information that will guarantee a SL win, all i am saying is that it would be wrong to completely undermine his knowledge about us and it could be of some help.But then again knowing something is one thing and helping the team to apply it is another BUT my point is that he can be of help and it wouldn't be in our best interests to underestimate him.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    Go point. I can already see Mickey breathing down our throats. He will make perfect plans against our guys which won’t allow them to play freely. Pakistan team won’t know what hit em.
    Since you are being sarcastic here all i'd say is that i am not claiming that Mickey Arthur will blast us to smithereens with his foolproof strategies and he has the sort of insight on us that Freud would be proud of.All i am saying is that since he has freshly coached the core players who make up our team he could prove to be useful against us and it would be stupid of us to completely undermine what he brings to the table for Lanka in their series against us.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Waqar can’t get a job other than working with Pakistan.

You support a coach who is even worse.
    Also do you remember the humiliation he faced when he applied for Australia's bowling coach? LOL

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Again, we need to look at the context of Sri Lanka's cricket fortunes.

Basically their success this century has been based upon a handful of batsmen who were educated at a tiny number of elite schools in Colombo and Kandy.

Sangakkara and Jayawardene come from the private school part of that demographic.

Murali, Mathews and Vaas went to elite free Catholic schools funded by the worldwide diaspora of Sri Lankan Christians.

We are basically talking about literally a handful of schools which produce Sri Lanka's elite international cricketers.

Yes, the talent is more carefully groomed than in Pakistan. But ultimately in its Test history Sri Lanka has produced 1 international class spinner (with a widely questioned action) and 1 international class fast-medium bowler.

Pakistan has produced Shaheen Shah Afridi and Naseem Shah this year alone!

I am not surprised that Mickey Arthur's first choice was to remain in a place that is chaotic and not to western tastes simply because it gave him access to incredible amounts of talent to develop.

Sri Lanka will doubtless be an easier place to live, but the red ball potential of the team will always be deeply limited.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

Basically their success this century has been based upon a handful of batsmen who were educated at a tiny number of elite schools in Colombo and Kandy.

Sangakkara and Jayawardene come from the private school part of that demographic.

Murali, Mathews and Vaas went to elite free Catholic schools funded by the worldwide diaspora of Sri Lankan Christians.

We are basically talking about literally a handful of schools which produce Sri Lanka's elite international cricketers.

Yes, the talent is more carefully groomed than in Pakistan. But ultimately in its Test history Sri Lanka has produced 1 international class spinner (with a widely questioned action) and 1 international class fast-medium bowler.

I am not surprised that Mickey Arthur's first choice was to remain in a place that is chaotic and not to western tastes simply because it gave him access to incredible amounts of talent to develop.

Sri Lanka will doubtless be an easier place to live, but the red ball potential of the team will always be deeply limited.
    I think you have to go deeper than naming a few test players which changed the Test match fortunes of the country.

Before the 96' World Cup Sri Lanka was an unknown entity, an obscurity factor and no one really believed in the team and its potential ability.

Up came Arjuna Ranatunga, Sanath Jayasuriya, Romesh Kaluwitharana and Aravinda de Silva and they changed the complexion of Sri Lankan cricket for many years to come.

Add utility players like Hashan Tillekeratne and Roshan Mahanama and Kumar Dharmasena and Sri Lanka proved that its cricket had changed forever.

It was infact the 96 World Cup which served as harbinger of success and opened up avenues of Test Cricket for players like Sangakkara and Jayawardene to reap the rewards. The school cricket structure in Sri Lanka is still strong. They will still manage to turn out incredible amount of hardworking cricketers and yes, "Talented" individuals who actually perform.

To rave about Pakistan and think Mickey Arthur did not really want to coach Sri Lanka and it was his second choice is not fair to a team who single handedly changed the complexion of ODI cricket and had huge Test success as well because of the original playmakers.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Also do you remember the humiliation he faced when he applied for Australia's bowling coach? LOL
    Lol they would never appoint. No serious team will appoint him as coach.

Love Waqar the bowler, don’t rate him as a coach at all.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

I have promised someone that I’ll keep such threads decent, so let’s talk cricket only. Let’s be honest - Arthur was sacked (I know PCB didn’t extend contract, but technically that was sacking, as guy must have been promised something), because he failed to deliver the expectations of his sponsors/stakeholders- now, weather Misbah is ideal replacement or not, that has very little in it; but the way the process was executed, definitely wasn’t professional.

Coming to Arthur’s motivation - it has to be PAK first, because he was comfortable there. No matter, what or how you explain, you can’t justify Arthur’s tenure - again, it’s irrelevant here if Misbah is suitable replacement or not. If managing talent is his motivation, then I have to say he is damn poor at that - after spending two years to polish Faheem, Shadab & Asif Ali’s talent. On top of that, he was absolute clue less about one core strength of PAK cricket - spin attack. There is actually better spin talent wasted, which he couldn’t fix in three years and lost two series (Test series, as you are talking about Test potential) to NZ & SRL.

Now, why he should or shouldn’t join SLCB, is not what one should assume - their recent handling of coaching staff should be enough for someone not to touch them even with a pole. But, Arthur needs a job - he was well paid by PCB, that’s his first motivation and it’ll remain always top priority- job opportunity & job security. In that regard, SRL will never be the easier place because, they won’t have tolerated a coach with the results Arthur’s team delivered in last two years. Example, they have (or going to) sacked a coach who has taken them to a Test series win in SAF!!!

I am simply speechless to read that being a PAK fan, in your list of SRL cricket greats, you have left out someone Rangana Herath .... and then exclaiming about Shaheen & Naseem in next sentence!!!!!! “Talent” indeed is the biggest cult word in PAK cricket - a curse, if you ask me.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It would be strange to see Sri Lankan team playing their home series without any spinners from now onwards.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    It would be strange to see Sri Lankan team playing their home series without any spinners from now onwards.
    On the brighter side, we can get to see future Kohli, Klusener, Gilchrist etc

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I see what you did there.

Then, we'll be honored after each match with:

"We're a proud team that hates losing".

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you are being sarcastic here all i'd say is that i am not claiming that Mickey Arthur will blast us to smithereens with his foolproof strategies and he has the sort of insight on us that Freud would be proud of.All i am saying is that since he has freshly coached the core players who make up our team he could prove to be useful against us and it would be stupid of us to completely undermine what he brings to the table for Lanka in their series against us.
    Yeah I see where your going with this I agree. This sort of thing will make this series against Sri-Lanka interesting. Although having Misbah as a coach has completely turned me off from supporting this bunch. His selections seem boring.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) are reportedly keen on hiring former Zimbabwe cricketer Grant Flower and are currently engaged in discussions with the former Pakistan batting coach, according to a report published in a state-run newspaper.

Flower was Pakistan’s batting coach for five years until the Pakistan Cricket Board parted ways with him earlier this year, opting not to renew Flower’s contract as a result of Pakistan’s post-World Cup restructuring plans.

The Daily News reported this week SLC were “in talks” with Flower to recruit him as “batting coach of the national team.”

“SLC are also due to get down power hitting expert Julian Wood for a week to coach the Lankan batsmen,” the report said.

“Wood’s services were utilized by England working with their limited-over batsmen on and off which helped them to become World Cup champions in June this year.”

Although there has been no official announcement from SLC, it has been widely-reported that Mickey Arthur, former Pakistan coach and another victim of Pakistan’s recent overhaul, will be Sri Lanka’s new head coach and Shane McDermott has been reportedly hired as the new fielding coach.

Both Arthur and McDermott will join the Sri Lankan team to Pakistan but will only begin their new roles after the conclusion of the Test series in Pakistan next month, according to reports.

https://www.islandcricket.lk/news/fe...n-wood-112419/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The Central Stags have released Twenty20 coach Mickey Arthur from his summer contract ahead of his impending appointment as Sri Lanka's next head coach.

Arthur was only confirmed as the Stags coach for the upcoming T20 Super Smash in September after he was let go by Pakistan following their failure to reach the Cricket World Cup semifinals in July.

The 51-year-old South African has coached his homeland (2005-10), Australia (2010-13) and Pakistan (2016-19) and looks set for a fourth different job as an international head coach with Sri Lanka.

ESPNcricinfo report that Arthur will soon be confirmed as the replacement for Chandika Hathrusingha and his release from the Stags, who start the defence of their Super Smash title on December 13, indicates an announcement is imminent.

The Stags on Thursday confirmed Arthur's release while announcing the appointment of former Black Caps wicketkeeper/batsman Luke Ronchi as an assistant coach for T20s, with Aldin Smith continuing as head coach, his role in their Plunket Shield and Ford Trophy campaigns.

Arthur was only contracted for the 2019-20 season but requested a release, the Stags said in a statement.

"Mickey is a great cricket coach, and a top guy, and I wish him well in his next assignment," Central Districts CEO Pete de Wet said.

"We are obviously disappointed that Mickey requested a release from his contract as he would have brought his extensive experience and energy to our campaign – something that we were really looking forward to.

"However, we are confident that Aldin is well placed to add the T20 campaign to his current scope as Interim Stags Coach for this season, and we are excited to announce that Luke Ronchi is joining him on the coaching staff as assistant coach to contribute his specialist expertise to our Super Smash campaign specifically.

"Luke brings with him an absolute wealth of experience in the T20 format both as a respected international player and coach, and is excited to be linking up with the Stags for the imminent trophy defence."

The Stags are reigning T20 champions and begin their defence against last season's beaten finalists, the Knights, in Napier on December 13, but will do so without Arthur.

Under his watch, South Africa achieved a No 1 world test ranking and beat England in a series for the first time in four decades, as well as achieving their maiden series victory in Australia.

In T20 cricket he has coached the CPL's Jamaica Tallawahs, the Bangladesh Premier Leagues' Dhaka Dynamites and Pakistan Super League's Karachi Kings.

As a player, Arthur chalked up 110 first-class matches and 150 List A one-day matches in a South African domestic career that spanned a decade and a half, between 1986 and 2000.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...ka-appointment

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will he be the coach in the upcoming Test series against us?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    Will he be the coach in the upcoming Test series against us?
    I don't think so. He's expected to be in some sort of a consultant role, then he'll take over later.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Flower not to coach Rangpur in BBPL

Former Zimbabwe cricketer Grant Flower will not be available as head coach for Rangpur Rangers in the upcoming Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League T20.

Rangpur Rangers team director Akram Khan said Flower has taken a job as the batting consultant for the Sri Lanka national team, and will therefore be unavailable.

Flower was part of the formation of Rangpur Rangers and had attended the player draft in November.

“Flower is not coming so we have appointed Mark O’ Donnell from New Zealand as the head coach of Rangpur rangers,” Akram told media Monday.

Donnell has worked as a coach in Auckland and also has experience coaching in T10 and in the Abu Dhabi T20 league.

As far as the team is concerned, Rangpur recently signed Pakistan batsman Ahmed Shehzad to join Afghanistan all-rounder Mohammad Nabi. Mustafizur Rahman, Naim Sheikh and Taskin Ahmed are among the team’s local stars.

The special edition of the BPL T20 is set to hold its opening ceremony on December 8, and the tournament will begin on December 11.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/c...angpur-in-bbpl

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will mickey now say my heart beats for Sri Lanka and hu ha ha ...Pakistan badle ka time hai

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    News trickling in about his appointment confirmation

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Micky Arthur now coach of Sri Lanka team

Confirmed

First series Vs Pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Srilanka looks to be really impressed with ex Pak management even after beating them 0-2 in UAE. Trio of Mickey, Grant and Rixon might get united once again, just Azhar Mehmood is missing.

It will make Pak vs Srl even more interesting.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur
    Grant Flower
    Shane McDermott
    David saker

Confirmed

No rixon

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Srilanka looks to be really impressed with ex Pak management even after beating them 0-2 in UAE. Trio of Mickey, Grant and Rixon might get united once again, just Azhar Mehmood is missing.

It will make Pak vs Srl even more interesting.
    It will be really embarrassing for current pak management especially Misbah if they lose 2-0 to srl