Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 111
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    [VIDS/PICS] Rajshahi Royals defeat Khulna Tigers in final to win BPL 2019/20



    Name:  5ca0b12a-8060-4573-8fb3-9a757090a91c.jpg
Views: 3358
Size:  86.3 KBName:  9b87f964-eed3-4fc7-8f43-e09c036996bd.jpg
Views: 3269
Size:  75.5 KBName:  10a4d657-db09-4c06-9063-0cb8883552e6.jpg
Views: 3187
Size:  82.7 KBName:  19da9578-2387-4928-b06b-bd295aa543ef.jpg
Views: 3248
Size:  77.1 KBName:  95a07d83-371a-469a-a7f3-3efc09900c0e.jpg
Views: 3072
Size:  78.0 KBName:  ce59e856-12cd-4395-9874-4dc2ab2c3d90.jpg
Views: 3112
Size:  85.6 KBName:  e981f3eb-1ca2-4ed2-bcc0-43ee415400b9.jpg
Views: 3050
Size:  83.3 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    And so starts the NOC saga....


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,900
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    surprised anyone would pick Asif Ali for anything other than net practice

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    3,435
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Babar?or Shadab, who is usually picked for leagues.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    6,356
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is what amir left test cricket for


  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,468
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    This year, BPL honey might not be that sweet....

    One reason is they have changed the operational structure, now BCB is Incharge of financials, means pouring illegal money should be less. But, the main reason (my hunch - don’t put gun on that) is Shakib - he has rung the alarm bell, I believe this year usual “staff” will be less as ICC will have a closer look, means less “passion” from the owners, whose blood was flowing like river Parma I n monsoon for welfare of Bangladesh cricket.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,107
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I assume wahab raiz test career is well and truely over .He is picked which mean he won't be in contention for sl test series which collide with bpl fixtures

  8. #8
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    5,026
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    No Babar?or Shadab, who is usually picked for leagues.
    Pakistani contracted players can only play in two leagues other than PSL. For Babar, the Vitality Blast is one leaving him one more to choose from which is most likely the BBL or CPL rather than BPL (due to financial reasons).


    “I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,107
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    No Babar?or Shadab, who is usually picked for leagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    Pakistani contracted players can only play in two leagues other than PSL. For Babar, the Vitality Blast is one leaving him one more to choose from which is most likely the BBL or CPL rather than BPL (due to financial reasons).
    Bpl start from 11 December while pakistan first test against sl also start from 11 December. So it makes sense why the opted out

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,468
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    Pakistani contracted players can only play in two leagues other than PSL. For Babar, the Vitality Blast is one leaving him one more to choose from which is most likely the BBL or CPL rather than BPL (due to financial reasons).
    It’s not only financial , if there is a cap, Babar should always look to play in BBL & in UK - the quality is simply not comparable. I think, in fact financials won’t have been any issue in past - they paid lot more in BPL through back door, but the quality of cricket is just not at per for the 6/7 domestic players there. Can’t say that for Shadab though - he is perfectly fit for BPL, his ideal match.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    17,031
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The players need to make a living and should be allowed to play any league they want at any time. The PCB must prioritise the players that are available when they required.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    5,026
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    It’s not only financial , if there is a cap, Babar should always look to play in BBL & in UK - the quality is simply not comparable. I think, in fact financials won’t have been any issue in past - they paid lot more in BPL through back door, but the quality of cricket is just not at per for the 6/7 domestic players there. Can’t say that for Shadab though - he is perfectly fit for BPL, his ideal match.
    I agree, but only for Babar. Playing in the BPL would be like playing PSL 2.0 with similar conditions and a touch lower quality of bowlers so playing BBL and UK gives him not only a financial incentive but also one to improve his game and increase his reputation.

    As for Shadab, he's going down the hill incredibly fast (I don't care what Mickey says about his training dedication, he's losing his ability to bat or bowl let alone improve his game to another level). I'm sure players like him are all over the subcontinent, so for him to be picked in the BPL would be a bit surprising.


    “I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    474
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, so now Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Wahab Riaz and Mohammad Irfan should never play for Pakistan again. Thank god Hasnain didn't get selected, he seems to be addicted to all these useless T20 Leagues

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    3,435
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    Pakistani contracted players can only play in two leagues other than PSL. For Babar, the Vitality Blast is one leaving him one more to choose from which is most likely the BBL or CPL rather than BPL (due to financial reasons).
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Bpl start from 11 December while pakistan first test against sl also start from 11 December. So it makes sense why the opted out
    Oh Alright.makes sense,thanks.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The player draft for the Bangabandhu BPL T20 was held on today (Sunday, 17 November). Seven teams of this edition Jamuna Bank Dhaka Platoon, Premier Bank Khulna Tigers, Rajshahi Royals, Rangpur Rangers, Sylhet Thunder, Cumilla Warriors and Chattogram Challengers were participate in the draft to pick players from a versatile pool of 439 overseas and 181 Bangladeshi cricketers.

    Here’s the all the seven team’s squad after the draft. Teams can still add players to their squad from the unsold players from the draft. They can also brought in maximum 2 players as direct entry from outside the drafted foreign players.

    Dhaka Platoon : Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Hasan Mahmud, Mahedi Hasan, Thisara Perera (Sri Lanka), Laurie Evans (England), Ariful Haque, Mominul Haque, Shuvagata Hom, Wahab Riaz (Pakistan), Asif Ali (Pakistan), Raqibul Hasan, Jaker Ali, Shahid Afridi (Pakistan), Luis Reece (England).

    Chattogram Challengers : Mahmudullah , Imrul Kayes, Nasir Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Chris Gayle (West Indies), Kesrick Williams (West Indies), Nurul Hasan, Enamul Haque, Muktar Ali, Pinak Ghosh, Avishka Fernando (Sri Lanka), Rayad Emrit(West Indies), Nasum Ahmed, Junaid Siddique, Ryan Burl (Zimbabwe), Imad Wasim (Pakistan).

    Rajshahi Royals : Liton Das, Afif Hossain, Abu Jayed, Farhad Reza, Ravi Bopara (England), Hazratullah Zazai (Afghanistan), Taijul Islam, Alok Kapali, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Irfan Sukkur, Mohammad Nawaz (Pakistan), Mohammad Irfan (Pakistan), Minhajul Abedin Afridi, Nahidul Islam.

    Khulna Tigers : Mushfiqur Rahim, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Aminul Islam, Rilee Rossouw (South Africa), Robert Frylinck (South Africa), Shamsur Rahman, Saif Hassan, Mehedi Hasan, Shahidul Islam, Mohammad Amir (Pakistan), Najibullah Zadran (Afghanistan), Tanvir Islam, Aliss Islam, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (Afghanistan).

    Cumilla Warriors : Soumya Sarkar, Al-Amin Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Yasir Ali, Kusal Perera (Sri Lanka), Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Afghanistan), Sunzamul Islam, Abu Hider, Mahidul Islam Ankon, Sumon Khan, Dawid Malan (England), Dasun Shanaka (Sri Lanka), Fardeen Hasan Ony.

    Rangpur Rangers : Mustafizur Rahman, Naim Sheikh, Arafat Sunny, Jahurul Islam, Mohammad Nabi (Afghanistan), Shai Hope (West Indies), Taskin Ahmed, Zakir Hasan, Fazle Mahmud, Nadif Chowdhury, Rishad Hossain, Lewis Gregory (England), Cameron Delport (South Africa), Sanjit Saha.

    Sylhet Thunders : Mohammad Mithun, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Islam Apu, Sohag Gazi, Sherfane Rutherford (West Indies), Shafiqullah, Rony Talukdar, Nayeem Hasan, Delwar Hossain, Monir Hossain, Johnson Charles (West Indies), Naveen-ul-Haq (Afghanistan), Ruyel Miah, Jeevan Mendis (Sri Lanka).

    http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/2019/...y-november-17/


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    884
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHY is Asif Ali chosen? he is awful. Suprised no Babar Azam

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,468
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    I agree, but only for Babar. Playing in the BPL would be like playing PSL 2.0 with similar conditions and a touch lower quality of bowlers so playing BBL and UK gives him not only a financial incentive but also one to improve his game and increase his reputation.

    As for Shadab, he's going down the hill incredibly fast (I don't care what Mickey says about his training dedication, he's losing his ability to bat or bowl let alone improve his game to another level). I'm sure players like him are all over the subcontinent, so for him to be picked in the BPL would be a bit surprising.
    BCB has imposed a rule that every FC (8), BPL (7), Dhaka PL Div I (12) team must have a leg spinner in playing XI, and a Test experienced fast bowler in foreign quota for BPL in match day XI, therefore it's quite surprising that Shadab isn't listed there. Also, BPL uses rolling squad, means you can hire as many foreigners you wish in squad, but 5 plays in match day XI (this year might be 4). Therefore I believe this year highest paid players will be like Adil, Rashid, Sandeep, Badree, Aminul, Tahir, Zaheer Shah, Afridi..... already I see 3 PAK pacers there.

    Shadab's decline was expected - his batting basics were never good enough to be a 35 average Test batsman; his only way to greatness was to become a Leggi, who makes the team on bowling merit and contribute with bat. His idol should have been Richie Benaud at higher end, Intekhab Alam at lower end. Now probably he'll lose spot in PAK squad as well.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,575
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shahid afridi still going strong at 44(lol)!

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,575
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As crazy as it sounds, if afridi does better with the bat, then asif ali, in the bpl and psl, then he should replace asif for the world t20!
    Seriously, we havent got any lower order hitters(apart from ifti) and kushdil shah is too young and raw yet.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    536
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    Pakistani contracted players can only play in two leagues other than PSL. For Babar, the Vitality Blast is one leaving him one more to choose from which is most likely the BBL or CPL rather than BPL (due to financial reasons).
    Is Babar already contracted for the next Vitality Blast season? Is that confirmed?


    Keep up with PakPassion and all things Pakistan Cricket on your favourite platforms

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    5,026
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    BCB has imposed a rule that every FC (8), BPL (7), Dhaka PL Div I (12) team must have a leg spinner in playing XI, and a Test experienced fast bowler in foreign quota for BPL in match day XI, therefore it's quite surprising that Shadab isn't listed there. Also, BPL uses rolling squad, means you can hire as many foreigners you wish in squad, but 5 plays in match day XI (this year might be 4). Therefore I believe this year highest paid players will be like Adil, Rashid, Sandeep, Badree, Aminul, Tahir, Zaheer Shah, Afridi..... already I see 3 PAK pacers there.

    Shadab's decline was expected - his batting basics were never good enough to be a 35 average Test batsman; his only way to greatness was to become a Leggi, who makes the team on bowling merit and contribute with bat. His idol should have been Richie Benaud at higher end, Intekhab Alam at lower end. Now probably he'll lose spot in PAK squad as well.
    I'm not a fan of having quotas as it leads to inefficiencies for teams who do not get to pick the better players (in this case, leggies). However, this explains Afridi getting picked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boiz Played Well View Post
    Is Babar already contracted for the next Vitality Blast season? Is that confirmed?
    Not sure if he's been contacted for next season but I would expect him to play more FC with them in addition to the Vitality Blast as he was one of their best players. It would be a bit illogical otherwise.


    “I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,468
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    I'm not a fan of having quotas as it leads to inefficiencies for teams who do not get to pick the better players (in this case, leggies). However, this explains Afridi getting picked.



    Not sure if he's been contacted for next season but I would expect him to play more FC with them in addition to the Vitality Blast as he was one of their best players. It would be a bit illogical otherwise.
    Actually, there are so many SLAO spinners available that, unless you put some quota, we’ll hardly develop leg-spin; subsequently batting against Leg spin. This decision was taken after Rasheed taking 12 wickets in CTG Test. Any skill is developed through a process, we simply can’t take 3-4 boys and train them into leg spinners. There are many club level leggi playing cricket, but all of them hardly gets any serious game - this was done with a target that initially teams will bring quality leggi from abroad and gradually promote local kids.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Grant Flower gets Bangladesh Premier League coaching role


    FORMER Zimbabwe batsman Grant Flower has landed the head coaching job at the Bangladesh Premier League franchise the Rangpur Rangers ahead of this year’s edition of the Twenty20 cricket tournament which will be played from December 6 to January 11, 2020.

    The 48 year-old former Zimbabwe national team opening batsman was confirmed as the new head coach of the franchise during the players’ draft for the upcoming edition of the popular tournament in Dhaka on Monday.

    Flower will mentor the side which will be captained by Bangladesh pace bowler Mustafizur Rahman in addition to other top players such as West Indies rising star Shai Hope, Mohammad Nabi from Afghanistan and South-Africa-born English cricketer Cameron Delport.

    The coaching assignment in the Bangladesh Premier League is Flower’s first senior coaching role since parting ways with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) at the end of of the World Cup in August to end his six year reign as batting coach of the Pakistan cricket team.

    The Rangpur Rangers believe Flower’s lengthy spell as Pakistan batting coach and experience as a player will be invaluable in his new role in the BPL due to the knowledge of subcontinent conditions.

    A veteran of 221 ODIs and 67 Tests for Zimbabwe during an international career that ran from 1992 to 2010, Flower was signed by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in 2014 to a three-year contract. In 2017, the PCB retained Flower for further two years.

    Prior to his move to Pakistan Flower previously served as batting coach for the Zimbabwe national cricket team for over three years starting from October 2010.

    He applied for the Zimbabwe head coach position but lost out to Andy Waller before deciding to take the Pakistan role

    Flower is one of the three foreign coaches who will lead teams in the upcoming BPL together with former South Africa coach Ottis Gibson and ex-England player Owais Shah.

    Gibson will be coaching Comilla Warriors while Owais shah will be in charge of Rajshahi Royals

    Barbados-born Gibson will be the most high profile of coaches in this year’s BPL for his experience in international coach. He has recently coached South Africa in this year’s World Cup but his performance was not up to the mark and his contract has not renewed. He also served as the bowling coach of England.

    https://www.newzimbabwe.com/grant-fl...coaching-role/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    752
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I am not wrong then

    Mohammad Musa has signed up with Chattogram Challengers
    Shoaib Malik has signed up with Rajshahi Royals
    Mohammad Sami has signed up with Sylhet Thunder

    I want to see the following players in BPL this season:

    Sohail Tanvir
    Shane Watson (Retired from Big Bash, was supposed to play for Khulna Titans before the franchises were suspended)
    Imran Tahir
    Sunil Narine (Injured ?)
    DJ Bravo
    Tymal Mills (140+ kph)
    Mitchell McClenaghan (140+ kph)
    Lasith Malinga (will be unavailable for the latter stage)

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Ahmad15 View Post
    Yep, so now Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Wahab Riaz and Mohammad Irfan should never play for Pakistan again. Thank god Hasnain didn't get selected, he seems to be addicted to all these useless T20 Leagues
    Why not, they are just trying to earn a living, most the players listed aren't even considered for the test team currently anyway. Hasnain should play as many leaguies as he can to get use to conditions, theres a reason why other teams batsmen are miles ahead of us at the moment in terms of hitting and skill.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The player draft for the Bangabandhu BPL T20 was held on today (Sunday, 17 November). Seven teams of this edition Jamuna Bank Dhaka Platoon, Premier Bank Khulna Tigers, Rajshahi Royals, Rangpur Rangers, Sylhet Thunder, Cumilla Warriors and Chattogram Challengers were participate in the draft to pick players from a versatile pool of 439 overseas and 181 Bangladeshi cricketers.

    Here’s the all the seven team’s squad after the draft. Teams can still add players to their squad from the unsold players from the draft. They can also brought in maximum 2 players as direct entry from outside the drafted foreign players.

    Dhaka Platoon : Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Hasan Mahmud, Mahedi Hasan, Thisara Perera (Sri Lanka), Laurie Evans (England), Ariful Haque, Mominul Haque, Shuvagata Hom, Wahab Riaz (Pakistan), Asif Ali (Pakistan), Raqibul Hasan, Jaker Ali, Shahid Afridi (Pakistan), Luis Reece (England).

    Chattogram Challengers : Mahmudullah , Imrul Kayes, Nasir Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Chris Gayle (West Indies), Kesrick Williams (West Indies), Nurul Hasan, Enamul Haque, Muktar Ali, Pinak Ghosh, Avishka Fernando (Sri Lanka), Rayad Emrit(West Indies), Nasum Ahmed, Junaid Siddique, Ryan Burl (Zimbabwe), Imad Wasim (Pakistan).

    Rajshahi Royals : Liton Das, Afif Hossain, Abu Jayed, Farhad Reza, Ravi Bopara (England), Hazratullah Zazai (Afghanistan), Taijul Islam, Alok Kapali, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Irfan Sukkur, Mohammad Nawaz (Pakistan), Mohammad Irfan (Pakistan), Minhajul Abedin Afridi, Nahidul Islam.

    Khulna Tigers : Mushfiqur Rahim, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Aminul Islam, Rilee Rossouw (South Africa), Robert Frylinck (South Africa), Shamsur Rahman, Saif Hassan, Mehedi Hasan, Shahidul Islam, Mohammad Amir (Pakistan), Najibullah Zadran (Afghanistan), Tanvir Islam, Aliss Islam, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (Afghanistan).

    Cumilla Warriors : Soumya Sarkar, Al-Amin Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Yasir Ali, Kusal Perera (Sri Lanka), Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Afghanistan), Sunzamul Islam, Abu Hider, Mahidul Islam Ankon, Sumon Khan, Dawid Malan (England), Dasun Shanaka (Sri Lanka), Fardeen Hasan Ony.

    Rangpur Rangers : Mustafizur Rahman, Naim Sheikh, Arafat Sunny, Jahurul Islam, Mohammad Nabi (Afghanistan), Shai Hope (West Indies), Taskin Ahmed, Zakir Hasan, Fazle Mahmud, Nadif Chowdhury, Rishad Hossain, Lewis Gregory (England), Cameron Delport (South Africa), Sanjit Saha.

    Sylhet Thunders : Mohammad Mithun, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Islam Apu, Sohag Gazi, Sherfane Rutherford (West Indies), Shafiqullah, Rony Talukdar, Nayeem Hasan, Delwar Hossain, Monir Hossain, Johnson Charles (West Indies), Naveen-ul-Haq (Afghanistan), Ruyel Miah, Jeevan Mendis (Sri Lanka).

    http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/2019/...y-november-17/
    I saw an interview with Chris Gayle who said he would be taking the rest of the year off, and then saw his name drafted in to the BPL even though he did not apply to take part in the draft, so i am not sure how much we can trust these lists at the moment.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    Seem to be travelling in cattle class - not in any lounge?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,325
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Shahid afridi still going strong at 44(lol)!
    He's a few years older than his age, by his own admission. So probably closer to 50.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    He's a few years older than his age, by his own admission. So probably closer to 50.
    His official age is 39. 44 was the adjusted estimate.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,325
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    His official age is 39. 44 was the adjusted estimate.
    Oh, ok. Didn't know it was adjusted

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Seem to be travelling in cattle class - not in any lounge?
    Dream come true for Amir to play leagues..I think he’s gonna retire from white ball as well if he secures a good county contract.. that will be pretty ironic

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,166
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big coup for BPL in the shape of Katrina Kaif and Salman Khan

  34. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    5,035
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    question,
    Why bangladeshi players not in PSl? or are there any? i did not follow drat thing.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,900
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifecric7 View Post
    Dream come true for Amir to play leagues..I think he’s gonna retire from white ball as well if he secures a good county contract.. that will be pretty ironic
    he may not have a future much longer for Pakistan even if he doesn't retire.

    Shaheen, Shinwari and Hassan have significantly outperformed Amir in the last 3 years in ODIs. Amir is pretty much riding on reputation, and a handful of decent performances. If Naseem and Husnain continue to show promise, it'll be hard for him to find a place in the team as just a economic bowler

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,663
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This BPL will be garbage. BCB kicked out old franchisee and now they are struggling so much they picked guys like Asif Ali, Rayad Emrit, Shafiqullah, Jeevan Mendis

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    That's what he wanted from beginning money 💰. He is happy to play league over league but don't want to play 6 or 7 tests in a year. PCB invested in wrong guy

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    752
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir doesn't have the fitness anymore to play and sustain longer format cricket imo.

    BPL should try to sign West Indies player Rovman Powell. Last month, he hit a 38 ball 100 in a List A match for Jamaica.

    The overseas selection of players could have been much much better.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    17,553
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    This BPL will be garbage. BCB kicked out old franchisee and now they are struggling so much they picked guys like Asif Ali, Rayad Emrit, Shafiqullah, Jeevan Mendis
    Indeed some strange picks. Some weird stipulation with the mandatory 140 quick and the leggie - who is the board to dictate team strategy lol


    Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,037
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    how the heck is a 38 year old Sami - whose only attribute was pace - still being picked.

    He was in Sindh 2nd XI


    #MPGA


  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,415
    Mentioned
    758 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I thought Afridi retired from franchise cricket as well.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Junaid Khan - not a great start - 0/47 in 4 overs!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    24,652
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^

    If a league like the BPL can be broadcasted in HD on BT in the UK then surely PSL really needs to fix up and get a decent broadcaster in the UK.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    2,954
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    ^

    If a league like the BPL can be broadcasted in HD on BT in the UK then surely PSL really needs to fix up and get a decent broadcaster in the UK.
    Definitely.

    Very surprised BPL pulled this off.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    349
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why's Afridi still playing?
    The guy's made enough money.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    wonder how much was offered for that big of a no ball

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,663
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    Indeed some strange picks. Some weird stipulation with the mandatory 140 quick and the leggie - who is the board to dictate team strategy lol
    BPL 2018/2019 had some strong teams. This time it's not the "strange picks". It's just that these teams are run by BCB who apparently cannot afford to bring top cricketers.

    Guess how many people were at the stadium on the opening day? Barely 2000 . Yeah because nobody wants to waste their valuable time just to watch Santokie bowl.

    BCB has ruined our cricket. Only reason why cricket is afloat in Bangladesh is because we have a lot of passion for Cricket (particularly considering we are poor on other sports). Afghanistan Premier League probably had better quality than this BPL.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Bopara to Shahid Afridi, OUT,
    Shahid Afridi c †Liton Das b Bopara 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

    So ends Afridi's first innings at the BPL


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shahid Afridi 0 (1) and 0/25 (3 overs).
    Wahab Riaz 19 (12) and 0/26 (3.2 overs).
    Shoaib Malik 36* (36).


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  52. #52
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Malik 16* (11) today.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  53. #53
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wahab 2/16 in 3 overs.

    Thisara Perera took 5/30....


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  54. #54
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    293
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    wonder how much was offered for that big of a no ball
    This (BPL) is really a joke of a league. I just read about this incident, and saw the video of the huge wide ball before it. It reeks of corruption. Thankfully I don't watch this tournament.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    4,775
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be the worst version of BPL. No quality foreign players. No crowd. No quality cricket. I this trend continues, BPL will go to the museum soon.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,468
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    This is going to be the worst version of BPL. No quality foreign players. No crowd. No quality cricket. I this trend continues, BPL will go to the museum soon.
    Why are you bothering for quality of a T20 league!!!! I came to know from my cousin that today it was houseful, he bought ticket from blacker at double rate; the league is sold to North America, Europe, Middle East, at least 25 sponsors are pouring money; bowlers are bowling two feet no balls, fielders are dropping dollies, on same wicket similar standard teams, one is scoring 170, very next game another is scoring 70 .... means off the field business is also going very good.

    Franchise T20’s success is all about how much money it’s bringing- they have reduced cost by more than 50%, and still increased revenue ..... that’s a damn successful tournament!!!! Only concern - I hope for this grand scheme, no player gets his tail stuck in the trap......
    Last edited by MMHS; 14th December 2019 at 06:04.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Seems Afridi 'rested' in today's game - Wahab Riaz 17* runs in 7 balls


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    2,240
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab takes a wicket got hit for some boundaries but that's due to bad fielding he is bowling pretty well

  59. #59
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    2,240
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab khan first over goes for 5 runs

  60. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    699
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw MSL highlights
    Wahab doing well.
    He is one of my favorite bowler.
    Missing him in test cricket.
    Definitely better than slow medium abbas.
    Wahab still has pace.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    2,240
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    I saw MSL highlights
    Wahab doing well.
    He is one of my favorite bowler.
    Missing him in test cricket.
    Definitely better than slow medium abbas.
    Wahab still has pace.
    Very true can still turn it up but still has the no ball issues

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik 87 off 50 balls for Rajshahi. Mohammad Amir took 2/36 for Khulna.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  63. #63
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Afridi 0/30 and 9 (6).


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    351
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mohammed Amir 2/24

  65. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,625
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afridi 26 of 16, the star lives on. Another matchwinning performance

  66. #66
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik Man of the Match for 61 of 38 and 1/19 (3 overs). Mohammad Irfan 1/24. Mohammad Amir playing in the ongoing match.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  67. #67
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    ‘Not enough evidence against Santokie’

    Sports Reporter

    The Bangladesh Cricket Board’s (BCB’s) anti-corruption unit have not found anything against Sylhet Thunder’s West Indian pacer Krishmar Santokie, who was interrogated by the ACU for his suspicious wide and no-ball against Chattogram Challengers in the opening game of the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League in Mirpur on November 11.

    The 35-year-old left-arm seamer bowled a gigantic wide in his third delivery and two balls later bowled a huge no-ball in the second over of the innings which raised eyebrows in the cricket fraternity.

    “Whenever there is any evident doubt, they (ACU) normally investigate the matter. The ACU may have not have gotten any conclusive evidence in this issue and it is the reason why the matter did not come to us. Following media reports, they (ACU) have investigated the matter but in this case, they did not have enough evidence. I think that was the case in this matter too,” BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury told the media yesterday.

    Earlier in the day BCB’s media committee chairman Jalal Yunus said that the anti-corruption unit have interrogated Santokie and that the report had been sent to the board.

    “Santokie was interrogated for a long period by ACU members and they were looking deeply into his track record. It’s not that the board is sitting idle without doing anything in this regard. They [ACU] had probably already provided their report to the board, although I am not sure about the decision that is placed in that report,’’ Yunus said.

    Sylhet are currently placed sixth in the seven-team table, having lost six of their seven games, including the one against Khulna Tigers last night.

    Earlier, Sylhet team director Tanjil Chowdhury was quoted by some media outlets as saying that he had requested the BCB to investigate Santokie’s wide and no-ball.

    Tanjil was even quoted as saying that there was a lot of conflict between him and the team sponsors during the players draft and that he was not happy after the sponsors roped in Santokie, but later clarified in a social media post that there were no such issues.

    https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...ntokie-1846513


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  68. #68
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL) moves to Sylhet from today after the completion of the second Dhaka phase on December 31, 2019. It will however not be a happy homecoming for hosts Sylhet Thunder as they have no hope of making it to the play-offs after only registering one win in eight games.

    Other than some occasional sparks from Andre Fletcher, Johnshon Charles and Mohammad Mithun, the overall performance of the side has been below par. Sylhet Thunder coach Herschelle Gibbs explained why the team might have been suffering. According to the South African, it is the language barrier that has caused a lot of problems throughout the tournament.

    “About local players, a lot of them don’t understand English. So, it is difficult for me to make points all the time. It is frustrating,” said Gibbs yesterday in Sylhet.

    However, Gibbs is not the only South African on coaching duty with Bangladeshi players. There are in total four South Africans currently working in the Bangladesh national team management with head coach Russell Domingo, batting coach Neil McKenzie, fielding coach Ryan Cook and physio Julian Calefato all from South Africa.

    Gibbs also wondered how McKenzie managed to communicate with local players.

    “I would love to be able to speak to them [players] like this, like I am speaking to you now and that they can say they understand every word. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. I am not sure what Neil McKenzie is saying (smiles). He is from South Africa and I am also from there. He [McKenzie] is also helping them to understand what he is trying to do. But I know McKenzie is a good coach and the players will learn a lot from him. But I don’t know how much he is actually getting across. Maybe I have to, you know, get a new language before I come here,” said Gibbs.

    A frustrated Gibbs also gave an example of his troubles while communicating with players in the BBPL.

    “When I talk to them, I can see that they are listening but they are not really syncing in. I think the understanding of the game needs to be improved. I will give you an example. The other day Rubel Mia was batting and he was on 14 off 28 deliveries. I walked on to the filed during the time-out and I said to him, ‘what is happening, you got 14 off 28 balls?’ and in reply he just shook his head,” said Gibbs.

    https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...-gibbs-1848232


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik done well today as his side Rajshahi Royals won by 30 runs:

    batting : 37 off 31

    Bowling : 2/27 in 4


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    17,553
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    That's the largest no-ball I have ever seen. Blatant. Especially for a spinner. Jeez


    Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,468
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    That's the largest no-ball I have ever seen. Blatant. Especially for a spinner. Jeez
    He is actually a pacer👍, but I got your point. I decided to watch a little bit of it today and from the game what I can see is that Khulna has sold two points today😝

    Actually not Khulna, as all 7 teams are owned by BCB now - rather BCB has decided that Dhaka must make the play-offs - otherwise no point chasing in the first game of the day, when chasing side will start batting during twilight period.

    I am not complaining though - purpose is making money on & off the field; who cares how it comes and who is making it as long as the dirt remains inside the dustbin.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    ‘Not enough evidence against Santokie’

    Sports Reporter

    The Bangladesh Cricket Board’s (BCB’s) anti-corruption unit have not found anything against Sylhet Thunder’s West Indian pacer Krishmar Santokie, who was interrogated by the ACU for his suspicious wide and no-ball against Chattogram Challengers in the opening game of the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League in Mirpur on November 11.

    The 35-year-old left-arm seamer bowled a gigantic wide in his third delivery and two balls later bowled a huge no-ball in the second over of the innings which raised eyebrows in the cricket fraternity.

    “Whenever there is any evident doubt, they (ACU) normally investigate the matter. The ACU may have not have gotten any conclusive evidence in this issue and it is the reason why the matter did not come to us. Following media reports, they (ACU) have investigated the matter but in this case, they did not have enough evidence. I think that was the case in this matter too,” BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury told the media yesterday.

    Earlier in the day BCB’s media committee chairman Jalal Yunus said that the anti-corruption unit have interrogated Santokie and that the report had been sent to the board.

    “Santokie was interrogated for a long period by ACU members and they were looking deeply into his track record. It’s not that the board is sitting idle without doing anything in this regard. They [ACU] had probably already provided their report to the board, although I am not sure about the decision that is placed in that report,’’ Yunus said.

    Sylhet are currently placed sixth in the seven-team table, having lost six of their seven games, including the one against Khulna Tigers last night.

    Earlier, Sylhet team director Tanjil Chowdhury was quoted by some media outlets as saying that he had requested the BCB to investigate Santokie’s wide and no-ball.

    Tanjil was even quoted as saying that there was a lot of conflict between him and the team sponsors during the players draft and that he was not happy after the sponsors roped in Santokie, but later clarified in a social media post that there were no such issues.

    https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...ntokie-1846513
    Is a name that has popped up before in rumors wouldnt be surprised.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,206
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Amir 2/27
    Asif Ali 39* off 13
    Shadab Khan 1/25
    Faheem Ashraf 0/31


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  74. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Malik 0/19

    Irfan 1/15 in 3 overs

    M Nawaz 0/15 in 4 overs

    Aamer Yamin 0 & 0/29 in 4 overs


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    44,060
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Worst t20 league around?

  76. #76
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,468
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Worst t20 league around?
    This year quality of cricket indeed has gone down, though there are some exciting close finishes. But, financially it has been quite a success - they have increased revenue, broadcasting horizon and reduced expenses. Also, attendance & viewership numbers are not that bad - might even go up!!! They have slashed down the payment, stopped underhand dealings (for player acquisition only) and reduced number of foreigners quota, both from playing XI and squad. Last year, at one point teams booked 12-15 foreigners on pay as you play basis (& paying below the table to keep players engaged); this year also PAYP applied, but they have put a cap on squad number. Apart from Pakistan, very few recognised stars, and that includes zombies of Amla & Watson!!!!

    However, it has been quite positive for domestic players - partially because of lack of quality foreigners, but mainly because of teams being forced to promote local players. Almost every team is playing 2/3 local batsmen in top 4, while local bowlers are bowling their full quota, often in business end - in first 6 & last 4 overs. The stats tables are dominated by local players - one reason being quality of foreigners, but they are getting chances as well. With better foreign collection & 5 players in playing XI, many of these players won’t have even made the playing XI. And, the wickets are also much better in most games.

    Overall, it’s so far so good - hope someone doesn’t get his tail caught in trap till end ....

  77. #77
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was curious to see how Afridi was doing. Watched a bit of the game, had to turn it off. Quality of cricket in this tournament is really not on par with some other T20 franchise (no offence to fellow bd cricket fans).

  78. #78
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Was curious to see how Afridi was doing. Watched a bit of the game, had to turn it off. Quality of cricket in this tournament is really not on par with some other T20 franchise (no offence to fellow bd cricket fans).
    Shahid Afridi hasnt played for a while - think 27th December last time


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  79. #79
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Shahid Afridi hasnt played for a while - think 27th December last time
    I think he was playing for royals right? Was wondering why his name wasn't included in the playing 11. He left or benched (would be bizzar to bench a player like afridi for a T20 match)

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,603
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    I think he was playing for royals right? Was wondering why his name wasn't included in the playing 11. He left or benched (would be bizzar to bench a player like afridi for a T20 match)
    He came away due to injury and some other players replaced him - its in this thread above


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •