Results 1,121 to 1,138 of 1138
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just watching the highlights...unfortunately all our team is not made out for tests...every one looked so uncomfortable even the openers how they survived i dont know...i am pretty sure this is a batting wicket and we have made it look like a minefield...

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia havent lost a test in Gabba for 3 decades so definitely not an easy venue to face Australia.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019-11-21_9-47-46.png

So Gabba hasnt been too high scoring recently with 173/0 in 4th innings against Eng by Aus being the best overall outlook.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Australia havent lost a test in Gabba for 3 decades so definitely not an easy venue to face Australia.
    Its definitely not the same Gabba pitch as before- this one is an absolute road & easily a 500 pitch. New ball will be crucial on the 2nd day - lets see how many we get early.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    Its definitely not the same Gabba pitch as before- this one is an absolute road & easily a 500 pitch. New ball will be crucial on the 2nd day - lets see how many we get early.
    What exactly are you referring to with not the same Gabba pitch? Wickets in Australia are roads but a little bit of movement and extra bounce from the good length can make a big difference to the pitch. Scores getting a lower than usual in last 2-3 years show that there has been bit of movement as we saw with Azhar's dismissal or bit of extra bounce from fuller length with Shan and Haris' dismissal.

It never looked really difficult to play on when Srl toured as well as Eng test and problem wasnt scoring rather difficult to set in as even after 70-80 balls there is always a delivery considering the last 3 years which either moves a bit or gets more bounce than normal.

Pak could have been bundled out for much less if Australia would have bowled better in the first session. It will all comedown to the lengths Pak bowler ball, if you ball poor lengths considering the pitch than you can have opposition scoring 400-500 even on difficult wickets.

In last 8 innings at Gabba a team is yet to score 350 but obviously if you ball poorly everything is possible.
    Last edited by Titan24; 21st November 2019 at 20:40.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Need Warner in the first 5 or it's game over

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Australia has plenty of time, no scoreboard pressure, and a very inexperienced bowling attack to counter to be able to post a lead of at least 150-200.

This match is done and dusted. When 3 of your top 7 batsmen get out scoring less than 10 runs combined, you deserve to lose.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    middling, lame effort

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game is over. Minimum score we should have is 350 in first innings. They will easily get a 200+ lead

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    903 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I think Shafiq has done the bulk of his scoring in the warmups. Expect a trademark lean series.
    Probably Shafiq’s best innings in a long time. First innings of the first Test and the team was in trouble. I really expect him to deliver after filling his boots in the warmups.

Need to convert this into a 120+ score for Pakistan to have a fighting chance of salvaging something here.

”PCB chairmen are complex. They are airdropped from Mars."
    Shoaib Akhtar

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God forbid we drop any catches...asad and haris have been awful in slips recently...

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imranq View Post
    Shafiq is not rated by PPers by much. Hence, this guy will fall head over heels to support him.

Good innings today though. Should have done better with the tail to eek out a few more runs, but nonetheless a strong statements of intent from him today.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that 240 is a lot better than the score may indicate. Rizwan looked so fluent and was taking the bowlers to the sword. If he had stayed out there for another 20-30 runs the picture would be very different ye the was given out in the most incorrect manner. The PCB should raise that as an issue straight away.

Even though the other batters bar Shafiq did not show much, it was promising to see the openers shield the middle order from the new ball. We just have to hope Sohail finds form or is dropped and that Babar scores next time out. If Shaifq and Rizwan can chip in again with a score from Ahmed, Pak will do a lot better next innings.

Down to the bowlers now and this is the part I have been dreading.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good recovery from Pakistan. Did not expect Asad and Yasir to take Pakistan to 240.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    240 gives us a fighting chance - need to stem flow of runs and see what happens but early wickets will be important.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imranq View Post
    What?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Shafiq is not rated by PPers by much. Hence, this guy will fall head over heels to support him.

Good innings today though. Should have done better with the tail to eek out a few more runs, but nonetheless a strong statements of intent from him today.
    Head over heels to support him? It is not 2015 anymore, and I had no faith in him to score today. If you want to score points use better examples.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The equation is simple for both teams. If Australia is still batting at the close of play tomorrow, it is all over for Pakistan.
    Dont think so. You clearly have not been following test cricket wins for Pakistan.

The key for Pakistan is to ensure Australia does not score at more than 3 an over tomorrow. Of course wickets would come, thanks to the quality of our bowling attack and lack of quality in Australia batting (You take Warner and Smith out, you have already taken 70% of their batting).

The only concerning thing for me is dropped catches and poor/biased umpiring.

So even if Australia are 260/6 tomorrow, I would happily take that.