Asad Shafiq at a presser:

"The pitch was tricky in the beginning, specially the new ball was seaming and swinging. Later on it got a bit softer and better for batting but still, balls that were pitched in the right areas were seaming a bit. It's not an easy pitch for batting"

"As a bowling unit we'll try to pitch the ball in the right areas, when we bowl we'll try to bowl full or a good length with the new ball as there is some assistance"

"I was trying to play the ball late because it skids on here and hits the bat so I tried to keep my shape. You get value for your shots here, the outfield is fast and the ball comes onto the bat. I tried to enjoy my batting"

"Yasir batted really well, we were in trouble and needed a partnership. We knew that and he responded well, the partnership helped us"

"The position we were in, 240 is a good score. It's not easy for batting if we bowl in good areas, we can get wickets with the new ball. We need to give credit to the Australian bowlers, they gave no freebies specially with the new ball so we couldn't score freely"

"We lost quick wickets in the middle order so I was trying to build a partnership and bat deep. By coincidence, it's again here (in Brisbane) and I'm performing well. Of course, it's enjoyable to face top quality bowling and make runs, it gives you confidence. The whole world watches you when you do well here"

"Australia is a world class team, specially their fast bowlers who are at the top of the rankings. They know their wickets here so they know which areas to bowl in, so it's enjoyable to perform here"

"The openers' plan was to see off the new ball to make it easier for the middle-order, you have to give credit to the bowlers for bowling well"

"I'm not worried about my performances being underrated or underplayed, playing for Pakistan is an honour for me. I don't need anyone else's appreciation, if I am playing for Pakistan, that's enough for me"

"We didn't reach the total we wanted, but we got a respectable total. With the bowling unit we have, we'll put up a good fight"

"I used to bat at #6 so I have some experience of batting with the tail. I knew if we got a partnership, it could help the team and I think we got a respectable total"

"Naseem Shah was confident enough when he came out to bat, it didn't look like it was his first game. That shows that he's a very strong character and I think that can help him with his bowling as well"