Results 1,121 to 1,158 of 1158
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think it's time to do a rain dance....

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Pakistan could potentially suffer its heaviest ever innings defeat. The current record is an innings and 225 runs against England in 2010.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So predictable. How can you drop Abbas?

We really are crazy.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistan could potentially suffer its heaviest ever innings defeat. The current record is an innings and 225 runs against England in 2010.
    I'm still hoping we come back in the second innings with a Babar double ton

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    I didn't blame the teens, I have blamed the selection of a poor/inconsistent/inexperienced bowling unit by chief selector cum coach Misbah Ul Haq. If the think-tank, which seems to be one man at the moment, wants to go for these supposedly very quick young bowlers, then he has to back them up with the right players, i.e. Abbas. He also has to understand Shah can not spend his whole career bowling 30 overs a day, no leggie should be under that level of sustained pressure while there is nothing at the other end. it is also why the chief selector should have picked a second spinner in the team.

Also, the other point I raised was a problem with internet fans and media such as yourself.

There are no such things as fairy tales and anyone with an ounce of cricketing understanding could see that on the dead, hard, roads of Australia (known as cricket pitches apparently), a 16 year old would be ground to dust. In fact, if a teenage bowler was to be picked, it should have been Hasnain. I mentioned that and was told Hasnain was not fit enough to bowl 20 overs a day...Shah only bowled 16 and was the most expensive of the lot.

He is far too young to debut, to debut in tests is madness, to debut in tests in Australia is suicide.
    What the team management has done is deplorable.

Here's a young 17-18 year old boy with only a handful of domestic matches to his name, and coming back from a serious injury not long ago.

Days before the Test he loses his mother, his mind surely all over the place.

And these clowns throw him into the lions den at the Gabba, arguably the hardest venue for touring teams, against one of the best sides in the world.

All to save their skin having made an incompetent selection in 32 year old Imran Khan, and pandering to the gallery wanting to show they've unearthed a new teenage Pakistani pace sensation even though we have more seasoned youngsters like Sameen Gul we could've chosen. If they wanted Nasim so badly, we've a HOME Test series vs Sri Lanka next month that could've been ideal for a debut.
    Last edited by Markhor; 22nd November 2019 at 19:37.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard from people that the pitch gets better as the test match goes on, on this ground. This was shown the last time we played on this ground. We scored 450 in the 4th innings.
    So a draw may be a possibility but as of now it doesn't look very likely as our batsmen are completely out of touch as well.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post

Here's a young 17-18 year old boy with only a handful of domestic matches to his name, and coming back from a serious injury not long ago.

And these clowns throw him into the lions den at the Gabba, arguably the hardest venue for touring teams, against one of the best sides in the world.

All to save their skin having made an incompetent selection in 32 year old Imran Khan, and pandering to the gallery wanting to show they've unearthed a new teenage Pakistani pace sensation even though we have more seasoned youngsters like Sameen Gul we could've chosen. If they wanted Nasim so badly, we've a HOME Test series vs Sri Lanka next month that could've been ideal for a debut.
    Lol you are funny The experienced bowlers retired you clown. I agree that Misbah should have picked Abbas though.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Cheltenham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Paks love breaking records!!! especially if it's achieving new humiliations and lows!!! World champs

Game on bro

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Cheltenham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never mind 16 year old, somebody had to explain to Pak management that first XI does not mean a team of 11 year olds - real talk!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrIc_Mystique View Post
    As a long standing indian supporter of a particular gen - been there felt that what tyou guys are going thru...on our multiple overseas tours in the 80's and 90's....however i still most are juding the teen guys a tad harshly, their bodies will get stronger , they will bowl better.....on the other front-sick of my fellow indian posters laying the boot in and making this a one upmanship slugfest.....am not a regular here but come here to read some good posts and PP is def better than a lot of indian sites...however gloating on someones misfortunes is not our way...we are here to discuss the game we love and cherish....cheers and
    Here here.

Aussie poster here, semi-regular but inconsistent. I post here because I love Pak cricket as my second team & because honestly, despite (or because of) all the madness, the cricket knowledge here is better on average than most places and more interesting/open minded than the Aussie boards.

Warner ia a giant at home. Your kids got thrown to the wolves by your management today- if the plan was to bat first, why not pick your obvious spearhead & instead 2 (talented) kids and a TTF? Crazy.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Lol you are funny The experienced bowlers retired you clown. I agree that Misbah should have picked Abbas though.
    Even for experience... Imran Khan is older, but still has less Test caps than Abbas, as well as a poor record vs a great record.

Selectors got their knickers in a knot over one spell from a TTF in a pink ball tour game vs a guy who has earned Test wickets at 19... With more experience. 29 years old so in his prime "leader of the attack" years.

It's a real stinker by the coaches.

Now they will be forced to drop the guy with pink ball form for the pink ball match...

Or pick him & deny the teens (future) the rare experience & potential excitement of the pink ball at twilight/night.

#strategicfailure

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    City Of Wrestlers
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naseem shah is too early call for test cricket he is in his exploration period.

Our batsman just gifted the wickets to Aussies otherwise pitch is good for batting.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    Even for experience... Imran Khan is older, but still has less Test caps than Abbas, as well as a poor record vs a great record.

Selectors got their knickers in a knot over one spell from a TTF in a pink ball tour game vs a guy who has earned Test wickets at 19... With more experience. 29 years old so in his prime "leader of the attack" years.

It's a real stinker by the coaches.

Now they will be forced to drop the guy with pink ball form for the pink ball match...

Or pick him & deny the teens (future) the rare experience & potential excitement of the pink ball at twilight/night.

#strategicfailure
    Or drop Yasir Shah.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Hard for many desiz to believe but i am actually sad for Pakistan but i remain hopeful they will manage to rise from this.
    Bhaijaan thanks for your continuous love for Pakistan.

You are a great peace ambassador.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrIc_Mystique View Post
    As a long standing indian supporter of a particular gen - been there felt that what tyou guys are going thru...on our multiple overseas tours in the 80's and 90's....however i still most are juding the teen guys a tad harshly, their bodies will get stronger , they will bowl better.....on the other front-sick of my fellow indian posters laying the boot in and making this a one upmanship slugfest.....am not a regular here but come here to read some good posts and PP is def better than a lot of indian sites...however gloating on someones misfortunes is not our way...we are here to discuss the game we love and cherish....cheers and
    Thank you for the positive words.

You are a gem of a person!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still hoping we come back in the second innings with a Babar double ton
    Double ton aganist aus in aus is not an easy feat.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree completely!

Misbah has had a torrid time and it is because he is not playing to his strengths and is too busy scoring points or pandering to the media. It is sad to see. There are plenty of fast bowlers in Pakistan that could have been picked instead of trying to grab headlines.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    Toronto,ON
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the older crowed that watched Wasim & Waqar play,

Would they have been able to move the ball on this dead track?

Our bowlers are barely getting any movement at all. Oh well hopeful for Day 3. They really need to come out strong.

And why not give Naseem the new ball?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I don't think Naseem's selection is the problem. He has performances behind him.

The problem is the others. Imran is useless and Musa has done nothing to deserve selection.

Another point to note is that having two teenagers as part of a 4-man attack was a dumb idea. I don't care who or what your options are but you need a 5th bowler, preferably a seamer. No easy answers...

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naseem was..making progress this season with CP he should have been allowed to develop for couple of seasons before being pushed they have shattered his confidence by feeding him to Warner n co on a flat day 2 Gabba track

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can not blame the players at all over here. Poor selection all together and poor coaching by Waqar.

Shaan Masood was struggling in domestic, played a couple of 40 run knocks in South Africa and everyone hyped hi. Imam is a garbage player as well, has not figured out how to play the short ball. Haris Sohail has been struggling when the ball bounces above his waist and looked horrible in the practise matches and T20s, how can you persist with him.

Ideally you bring your best openers in Pakistan with some experience. You want to continue to play with Azhar Ali fine all good, but in test matches you need an aggressive captain that can force the bowlers to get wickets through planning. Yes, Salman Butt has a terrible history but to be honest hes the most intelligent and attack minded captain we have for tests in Pakistan currently. Fawad Alam deserved a gamble on, considering he's so consistent in the domestics, he could have been our number 5/6. Everyone knows Yasir Shah's performance in overseas tests and in australia you are better off with an offspinner then a leggie, yet theres no planning. Yasir has done well in Asia we will continue to play him every where. Would have been better off going with Zafar Gohar. Interms of Pace bowling agreed Abbas is out of form, but if we were going to go with Imran Khan then Abbas is a better choice. But ideally a gamble should have been taken on Usman Khan Shinwari hes someone that can leak big runs but could have given u a match changing spell. Ideally your pace attack should have been Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah and Usman Shinwari. Waqar needs to really work on these no ball issues as well as telling the boys and working hard on getting their right length. If theres swing pitch it up if there is not bowl wicket to wicket on a good length with the occasional proper helmet short shortballs. With the kind of pitch this was, we needed to bat atleast 2 more sessions on the second day, the pitch starts behaving on mid day 3, so after the first session on day 1, its a run fest usually until about day 3.

Sami Aslam
    Salman Butt
    Azhar Ali
    Babar Azam
    Asad Shafiq
    Fawad Alam
    M Rizwan Wk
    Zafar Gohar
    Shaheen Afridi
    Usman Shinwari
    Naseem Shah

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whyamir View Post
    To the older crowed that watched Wasim & Waqar play,

Would they have been able to move the ball on this dead track?

Our bowlers are barely getting any movement at all. Oh well hopeful for Day 3. They really need to come out strong.

And why not give Naseem the new ball?
    Been watching test cricket since 1991. Our bowlers have always struggled in Aus, even Waqar and Wasim (aside from a handful of spells especially early in his career). I doubt they could have moved the ball on this track. Waqar used to regularly go for 5 an over in Aus. Wasim though would have kept it tight and kept the runs in check.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Dipsy View Post
    Been watching test cricket since 1991. Our bowlers have always struggled in Aus, even Waqar and Wasim (aside from a handful of spells especially early in his career). I doubt they could have moved the ball on this track. Waqar used to regularly go for 5 an over in Aus. Wasim though would have kept it tight and kept the runs in check.
    Maybe their traditional lengths don’t suit the bouncier Aussie pitches. Having said that Australia has been producing good batsmen for the last 2 decades. New entry is Labu. Also mentally tough.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Are we going to see a repeat of this?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...sri-lanka-1992
    Warne and his legend was born that day.

Not sure if you mean Haris is going to be born as a leg spinner or Yasir will somehow pick 3 wickets at the end to steal victory.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Warne and his legend was born that day.

Not sure if you mean Haris is going to be born as a leg spinner or Yasir will somehow pick 3 wickets at the end to steal victory.
    Do you want a carbon copy of that scorecard? Lol

Doesn't have to be exactly the same does it?

I remember this match. The odds of aus winning were similar to the odds of pak winning this.
    Just being optimistic

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want a carbon copy of that scorecard? Lol

Doesn't have to be exactly the same does it?

I remember this match. The odds of aus winning were similar to the odds of pak winning this.
    Just being optimistic
    But I don't remember it being televised. Maybe it was I don't remember.
    But It was then it would have been considered as one of the greatest test matches in history

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Excuse me, are you are saying the only choice after Amir and Wahab retired was between over the hill pacers like "32 year old" Imran Khan, or very raw and unproven kids like Nasim Shah and Musa Khan ?

I've already given you the name of Sameen Gul, a tall and accurate seamer who's young but has a decent amount of domestic experience. They could've looked at Ehsan Adil. Both of whom have vastly superior records in the ongoing QEA Trophy than Imran Khan (avg 49 ER 3.6) and Musa Khan (avg 68 ER 4.2).

To say there were no alternatives is a lie.

The bowling options are so imbalanced where you have three kids in Shaheen (let's not forget it's his first Australia tour), Nasim and Musa, a budda in Imran Khan, two spinners in Yasir (who averages 90 in Southern Hemisphere Tests) and Kashif Bhatti (in a two Test series on nonturning surfaces) and only one proven seam bowling spearhead in Mohammad Abbas...who we dropped. All hail Misbah Mourinho and Waqar Guardiola.
    Last edited by Markhor; 23rd November 2019 at 00:22.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuse me, are you are saying the only choice after Amir and Wahab retired was between over the hill pacers like "32 year old" Imran Khan, or very raw and unproven kids like Nasim Shah and Musa Khan ?

I've already given you the name of Sameen Gul, a tall and accurate seamer who's young but has a decent amount of domestic experience. They could've looked at Ehsan Adil. Both of whom have vastly superior records in the ongoing QEA Trophy than Imran Khan (avg 49 ER 3.6) and Musa Khan (avg 68 ER 4.2).

To say there were no alternatives is a lie.

The bowling options are so imbalanced where you have three kids in Shaheen (let's not forget it's his first Australia tour), Nasim and Musa, a budda in Imran Khan, two spinners in Yasir (who averages 90 in Southern Hemisphere Tests) and Kashif Bhatti (in a two Test series on nonturning surfaces) and only one proven seam bowling spearhead in Mohammad Abbas...who we dropped. All hail Misbah Mourinho and Waqar Guardiola.
    Would love for Sameen Gul to be picked but he has only played like 2 domestic cricket games.thjs season. Wouldn't be good to pick someone who's hardly played red ball cricket this season.

Ehsan Adil.is mediocre, we have tried him before and he failed.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are we going to see a repeat of this?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...sri-lanka-1992
    It always sucks when you lose a test match after declaring in the first innings Australia lost a test in their peak after declaring in both innings. Gilly threw the dice.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    It always sucks when you lose a test match after declaring in the first innings Australia lost a test in their peak after declaring in both innings. Gilly threw the dice.
    This happened to Graeme Smith as well once.
    Sometimes you just have to take the risk

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Writing on the wall

Pakistan should stop touring Australia until they sort out their test team

Another humiliation, perhaps an innings defeat, on the cards

Bowling is worse than batting or so it seems. Performance in sides matches does not count for anything

It is 12 consecutive losses in Australia. Make it 14 already. We not only lose tests in Australia but we also lose them inside 3 or 4 days. Next time ACB might only give us one test and who can really blame them. Pak just have not been competitive enough in Australia in test matches for a while now owing to our pathetic batting and indifferent bowling. Bowlers don’t seem to have the same penetration in Australia as they do in England.

After the latest abject display, Ian Chappell might have more harsh words to say. This is what he said in 2017

https://m.crictracker.com/ian-chappe...es-down-under/

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I am backing Pakistan to take this game to the 5th day.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are abusing this team unnecessarily

Remember india's 2012 tour to Australia?
    They got hit for 600 twice.
    Clarke scored a triple

It happens. Australians are beasts at home. On top of that, they haven't lost a test match in the Gabba since 1989. How can you expect a bowling lineup which consists of 2 teenagers, a trundler and a spinner who can't take a wicket for his life to win you the test match ??

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our bowlers have been beaten black and blue . Hopefully Babar and Rizwan get decent scores.

Other than that , there is not much interest in this test now. No way we get away with a draw here.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet you we’ll have a promising start to the second innings giving everyone hope and then collapse like a pack of cards. These guys have no bottle to stand up in tough situations and be counted. The batting line up is full of mentally weak and soft players.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Oh bhai do you think I've been living under a rock?!

For the record, I am the only poster who has highlighted the fact that Misbah's selfishness and greed has been apparent ever since that Mohali innings, eight years ago. He was playing to save his place in the side rather than pursue the chance to win that Semi. .
    A rather tall claim. I don't recall you even being a member back then. Besides which, the most vocal people were Savak and myself.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Barnacle View Post
    A rather tall claim. I don't recall you even being a member back then. Besides which, the most vocal people were Savak and myself.
    I have been a lurker for over 10 years (under a different alias) and I can confirm that I have not come across a single poster who has had the cojones to speak in blunt terms about the reality of that Mohali innings. So from your knowledge and experience do you happen to know anyone who has mentioned that Misbah was merely playing to save his place in the side, rather than go for the win on that day?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We needed to bat at least 2 full days to put the Aussies under pressure. 240 is absolutely nothing despite the commentators making it look like a decent score. Our batting line up is terrible, just terrible. This time it seems our bowling has been exposed as well.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.