"Mohammad Abbas with the pink ball under lights will be difficult (to face)" : Imam-ul-Haq

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Mohammad Abbas with the pink ball under lights will be difficult (to face)" : Imam-ul-Haq

Imam-ul-Haq talks to the media before the second Test match at the Adelaide Oval.

On Brisbane Test match

"I guess this is what Test cricket does and you know you play one bad session and you’re all over the place and that's the beauty of Test cricket. Not that we’re not mentally prepared for that—we played outstandingly in the first session—[Australians] were panicked but in the comeback session they came back very strong. And some of the batsmen didn't play very good shots and that gave [the Australians] a very good session and that brought us on the back foot in the Test match but we have to look forward and that's in the past and it happened."

“We had a very long day in fielding sessions, and we had a very long day in the match as well but the way Rizi and Bobzi played very well and that gave a boost to all the team. And that’s what you want in Test cricket. Everybody knows that Test cricket is difficult and you have to be mentally very strong. The boost is there and the confidence is there and Insha Allah we’ll try to come back strongly.”

On Adelaide conditions

“The Adelaide wicket is slightly different than Brisbane and its good for batsmen as well and it has a little bit of help for the spinners. Our batsmen are very confident, we did good in the practice matches as well and you always work hard in the nets to prepare for the worst and that’s what our batting unit was doing and Insha Allah it will be a different result.”

If he will play in Adelaide

“I’m not sure. As a cricket player, as part of the 15-player squad you have to be mentally ready. You have to be ready all the time and I want to work very hard in the nets and whenever you get your chance you should be ready.”

“Every player has a different role to play and every player has a different game and a different mindset. As an opener I have a different mindset and as a wicketkeeper or as a three-down batsman everybody has different shots and different way to score runs. It’s just about how to adapt to the conditions and it’s about how you take to the conditions and what else you could do to score runs. I have a different mindset and whenever I will get a chance I will try my level best to do something good for Pakistan. I’m working hard in the nets and that’s how you do and that’s how you can prepare for the Test match.”

On facing Mitchell Starc

“I have faced Mitchell in the ODIs and T20s as well. Yeah I guess it’s gonna be difficult for all the batsmen and the pink ball will challenge you but after 10-15 balls it will be okay and easier and you will be comfortable—I really think so.”

On Yasir Shah vs. Steve Smith

“That’s the beauty of Test cricket you know. Yasir Shah is a world-class bowler and Steve Smith is the no.1 batsman. So it’s a very good, healthy competition between the two sides and that’s what Test cricket is all about and it’s what the crowds want to see. And in the next Test match Steve Smith will come hard against Yasir Shah and Yasir Shah is a very cool customer and he’s very mentally strong as well so it will be a good competition.”

On Mohammad Abbas

“Whether it’s white ball or whether its red ball I always have difficulty facing him. He’s very difficult to judge off the pitch—his ball nips around, especially the new ball so I guess Mohammad Abbas with the pink ball under lights will be difficult.”

“He’s bowling very well in the nets and he’s very fit—obviously he’s here so its means he’s fit.”

On Mohammad Abbas being being dropped for Brisbane Test match

“It’s a team decision—it’s a coach and captain decision everybody has to stick on that.”

“I didn’t talk to him personally but as a professional cricketer you can’t play every match. I personally really believe you have to be mentally prepared for the worst but your work ethic and process should be there and you should be positive. He’s a very mentally strong guy and that’s what I felt and when he gets the opportunity I’m confident he’ll come back very strong.”

"At Brisbane, despite being in the field for 2 days, our fast-bowlers' body language didn't falter at all. They came back hard and bowled 140kph+ which was a good sign. Their attitude was excellent, just what we want to see."
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 27th November 2019 at 12:28.

Keep up with PakPassion and all things Pakistan Cricket on your favourite platforms

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Seems like he's going to play. Ifthi or Haris to step aside maybe.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Shan masood has done nothing wrong to be dropped for imam, I hope that doesn’t happen
    Abbas is a quality cricketer and obviously very popular with the players, will be very keen to test the Australia openers

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Shan masood has done nothing wrong to be dropped for imam, I hope that doesn’t happen
    Abbas is a quality cricketer and obviously very popular with the players, will be very keen to test the Australia openers
    No way Shan's making way. It'll either be Haris or Iftikhar

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    The basic premise of this article suggests a lack of research by team management into Pink Ball history at Adelaide.

1. Compared with Brisbane and Perth, only the third (after Dinner) session is under lights at Adelaide.
    2. Batting in the final hour of the evening is actually easy.
    3. Itís the first hour straight after Dinner where an accurate fast-medium bowler bowling a full length can wreak havoc.
    4. Only the new Pink Ball really deviates. The first hour after Dinner you could lose 5-20 against a new ball, but score 2-40 against an old ball.

Itís why strategic declarations are the way to go at Adelaide.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3025 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Going by what Warner said, they waited him out!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    His line was all wrong and he didn't make use of the new ball at all.

As a new ball bowler you need to make the batsmen play at as many deliveries as possible.

If you keep bowling outside the off stump, the opening batsmen will happily keep leaving the ball and take the shine off it.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    His line was all wrong and he didn't make use of the new ball at all.

As a new ball bowler you need to make the batsmen play at as many deliveries as possible.

If you keep bowling outside the off stump, the opening batsmen will happily keep leaving the ball and take the shine off it.
    Yesterday they showed a graphic after Abbas 8.1 overs that all 49 balls he balled were missing the stumps. Yes Aus has more bounce than other places but its still quite astonishing.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Yesterday they showed a graphic after Abbas 8.1 overs that all 49 balls he balled were missing the stumps. Yes Aus has more bounce than other places but its still quite astonishing.
    Basics.

Wasting the new ball by an experienced bowler who should know better.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Another graph shown after 125 balls and the situation is still the same...