User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

"I tried to concentrate more in this game and I got a hundred" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

Sarfaraz Ahmed speaking to the media today

"I have been trying to play a long innings in domestic cricket - I had a few fifties before but nothing too long, but today I tried to concentrate more and so am thankful to The Almighty that I got a hundred and I hope I can get more runs in the upcoming matches"

"I would like to congratulate Fawad Alam for scoring a double hundred and also 12k runs as that is a big achievement"

"I am not thinking too far ahead, my focus now is on my fitness and on my cricket for now"

"Fawad's name has been discussed a lot [for national selection] as whenever a Pakistan side is chosen, the best players are considered"

"One good thing about Fawad is that he keeps on persisting and scoring runs in every season - this is a good message for all cricketers to keep on trying and if they do that, and ALLAH so wills, then no one can stop him from playing for Pakistan"

"Yasir Shah is also our number one bowler, and he expressed himself in his own style after taking that wicket"

"Steve Smith is a batsman who can make a strong comeback against Yasir Shah"

"But, I am hopeful that Yasir Shah will get Smith out again as the Adelaide pitch is such that he will get help from the pitch and the ball will spin there; I feel that Yasir Shah can trouble Smith again"

"Whether you play 4-Day or Tests, the fact is that you have to take 20 wickets to win a match; Our batting was doing well last year also but this time around our bowling is a little inexperienced but as I said Adelaide will be a spinning pitch and Yasir Shah could turn the game in our favour in the same way in the past he has brought victories to Pakistan; So I am hopeful that Pakistan bowling will also do well along with their batting"

"International cricket is one where there is a lot of pressure on you as a player, so sometimes a rest can do you good"

"Fawad Alam has never complained to me about not being selected for the national team, he keeps on performing and the best way to answer [your critics] is with the bat and Fawad Alam's best quality is that he keeps on answering with his bat"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Whatever opinions one has about Fawads cricketing skills, he is an undeniably great person. It baffles me that he is a Pakistani cricketer

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Whatever opinions one has about Fawads cricketing skills, he is an undeniably great person. It baffles me that he is a Pakistani cricketer
    True that. Not once has he whined, despite being the most discriminated cricketer in history of the country

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz looking lean, scoring runs, Rizwan should know his position isn't assured

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If Sarfaraz concentrated all the time and didnt become complacent he probably wouldnt be out of the team.

Sadly to many pakistan players perform domestically get into main side, have a couple of games then become complacent. No drive or desire to keep performing or improve.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Indeed. I have always thought Pakistan's test cricket would have been in a better place during the 2010s, if he had replaced Misbah in 2013, following the Zimbabwe tour.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoOne View Post
    True that. Not once has he whined, despite being the most discriminated cricketer in history of the country
    Yup, Sarfraz even said when he was captain he never once heard fawad beg him for anything.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Sarfaraz looking lean, scoring runs, Rizwan should know his position isn't assured
    Bro Rizwan just scored 95 against the best bowler in the world in his own backyard. Sarfraz could only dream. Give Rizwan a year before making him insecure about his position in the team.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Maybe there was a lack of concentration and some complacency which resulted in poor form with the bat.

Sometimes a kick up the rear is what's needed.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone ask him who stopped him from concentrating earlier??Or maybe he thought his job was not that important or difficult.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So he was not concentrating enough for the past few years? How unprofessional.

The problem i have with Sarfaraz is that he cant hit the ball. We have enough nudgers in the side.
    Last edited by gazza619; 29th November 2019 at 03:50.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

So he's gonna do a press conference after each domestic 50 or 100 he scores.

Clever.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone like Fawad has been ignored while the likes of Haris Sohail get to bat at 3 because his cover driver are slick. But hey talunt

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good praising fawad now , when you were captain why did you not pick him in any of your squads?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have been concentrating when you were captain too rather yawning every 2 minutes

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Interesting.

So he's gonna do a press conference after each domestic 50 or 100 he scores.

Clever.
    It's his first FC hundred in 5 years, so quite a momentous achievement!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed has revealed that he knew his sacking from the squad and captainship was on cards and he was mentally prepared for his ouster. With Pakistan wrapping up a forgetful ICC World Cup 2019 in England and Wales, the Green Army led by then skipper Sarfaraz met a second-string Sri Lankan side to resume cricket ties in their own backyard. Though Pakistan managed to return back to winnings ways by securing their first One Day Internationals (ODI) series after a disappointing World Cup, the Green Army was thrashed by The Islanders 3-0 in the T20I series at home.

The whitewash paved way for Sarfaraz to lose the captaincy honour across all formats along with his place in the squad. The sending-off saw Pakistan rising to a new dawn as Sarfaraz was succeeded by Babar Azam (T20I captain) and Azhar Ali (Test captain) in the two formats of the game. Fast forwarding the clock to present, nothing has changed in terms of form and performances staged by Pakistan. They have continued to falter across all formats and are on verge of extending their dreadful losing streak in Australia.

I already had an idea that I was going to be sacked: Sarfaraz

Reflecting upon the change in guards that saw him part ways from the squad, Sarfaraz has seemingly digested the blot on his career and captaincy by treating it as a blessing in disguise. "To be honest, I already had an idea that I was going to be sacked so I was mentally prepared when it actually happened," Sarfaraz told former captain Shahid Afridi while talking on the latter's official YouTube channel.

Sarfaraz not concerned about Pakistan national team

The ousted wicketkeeper-batsman said that his seniors insisted him to champion the domestic circuit and further added that a break from non-stop cricket was also much needed. "All the seniors advised me to go back to domestic cricket and that’s what I’m doing. Sometimes such a break is necessary too because I had been playing nonstop high-pressure cricket for the last three years," he said. "Right now my sole focus is on domestic cricket and am not concerned about Pakistan national team at all. I want to work on my game so that whenever I am called upon, I am ready to do the job," he added.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...n-cards/521172