Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

[VIDEO/PICTURES] Hasan Ali ruled out of Sri Lanka Tests as fresh CT scans reveal rib fractures

Fast bowler Hasan Ali has been ruled out of home Tests against Sri Lanka after fresh CT scans revealed cortical rib fractures, involving ninth rib on the right side and eighth and ninth ribs on the left side. The fractures will require up to six weeks to heal and he will start a rehabilitation process at the National Cricket Academy from Monday.

Hasan, after passing fitness tests, had rejoined Central Punjab for their ninth round Quaid-e-Azam Trophy fixture against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 22 November. However, prior to the match, he complained of pain on his left side for which he underwent precautionary scans in Karachi that revealed fractures. The fractures were confirmed in the follow-up scans that were carried out in Lahore.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasnt he out with a back injury? What has happened to his ribs suddenly?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Fast bowler Hasan Ali has been ruled out of home Tests against Sri Lanka after fresh CT scans revealed cortical rib fractures, involving ninth rib on the right side and eighth and ninth ribs on the left side. The fractures will require up to six weeks to heal and he will start a rehabilitation process at the National Cricket Academy from Monday.

Hasan, after passing fitness tests, had rejoined Central Punjab for their ninth round Quaid-e-Azam Trophy fixture against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 22 November. However, prior to the match, he complained of pain on his left side for which he underwent precautionary scans in Karachi that revealed fractures. The fractures were confirmed in the follow-up scans that were carried out in Lahore.

Seems that the first 'fitness' test was bit of a sham unless Hasan Ali got injury between test and match - A rib fracture is not something you get without some incident/injury

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad news for SL.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Judging by his social media pics. Cricket has taken a complete backburner with this guy. No focus on cricketing activities at all

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Judging by his social media pics. Cricket has taken a complete backburner with this guy. No focus on cricketing activities at all
    Obviously. He has been injured and undergoing rehab.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No need for this rubbish anyway.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Bad news for SL.
    Keep your grudge with him to yourself. He's a decent test bowler.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Good news for Hasan - his career might just got a life line. I hope this injury keeps him out of the toxic venom - BPL and PSL.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    No need for this rubbish anyway.
    Okay. So, who isn't rubbish? Why don't you tell us Mr. Bowling coach?

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Keep your grudge with him to yourself. He's a decent test bowler.
    Nah man, he is too mediocre to bear any grudge against. Held a secret grudge against Akhtar and Wasim but that was more envy than grudge I suppose.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My condolences to Sri Lankan cricket team.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah man, he is too mediocre to bear any grudge against. Held a secret grudge against Akhtar and Wasim but that was more envy than grudge I suppose.
    Well at least you're being honest

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be good to have a fit and focused Hasan back in the side.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    NCA doctors are a shame

I suggest he goes to UK to save his career otherwise NCA will ruin him like other players

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Wasnt he out with a back injury? What has happened to his ribs suddenly?
    just got married.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad news for SL.
    Stage is set for the living legend Rahat Ali to make a comeback, Misbah's plan working. Good news for SL.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He should get himself away from PCB and go straight to England before they ruin him.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali speaking to Shoaib Akhtar about his injuries:

"I was a bit young in the team and I was energetic. I was also performing so I ended up playing a lot of games. When you are performing then you can't sit out. So I think I played too much and got fatigued and thus got back to back injuries"

"I need to understand what's right for my body, my management and I specially need to know how I should utilise myself and what is better for me and what isn't"

"I have stress fractures in my ribs, 2 on the left side and 1 on the right. The right one isn't so bad. Before, I had a disc problem but that is completely fine now and I have recovered as I passed tests, but when I went to play a match in FC cricket then I felt pain so I had a scan which showed a stress fracture"

"The doctor is saying it can take 5-6 weeks but I haven't been to the doctor since then, I am resting and let's see, I will visit the doctor again"

"I am still young, I've had two back to back injuries but I am confident and I'll come back very soon. My target is to perform and to win matches for my country no matter what match I am playing"

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali speaking to Shoaib Akhtar about his injuries:

"I was a bit young in the team and I was energetic. I was also performing so I ended up playing a lot of games. When you are performing then you can't sit out. So I think I played too much and got fatigued and thus got back to back injuries"

"I need to understand what's right for my body, my management and I specially need to know how I should utilise myself and what is better for me and what isn't"

"I have stress fractures in my ribs, 2 on the left side and 1 on the right. The right one isn't so bad. Before, I had a disc problem but that is completely fine now and I have recovered as I passed tests, but when I went to play a match in FC cricket then I felt pain so I had a scan which showed a stress fracture"

"The doctor is saying it can take 5-6 weeks but I haven't been to the doctor since then, I am resting and let's see, I will visit the doctor again"

"I am still young, I've had two back to back injuries but I am confident and I'll come back very soon. My target is to perform and to win matches for my country no matter what match I am playing"

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)