Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    36,450
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    "I feel there is a rift in the Pakistan team" : Inzamam-ul-Haq

    Analysis of Pakistan's display against Australia at Adelaide on Day 1 by Inzamam (YouTube channel):

    "If anyone says about Pakistani bowling that something unexpected has happened, I don't agree with that"

    "The bowlers we selected - If anyone thought that we can damage the Australian team with it, I don't think these bowlers had any such speciality"

    "You debuted two bowlers in Australia, one made a comeback and one bowler who is our senior bowler, you benched him and shook his confidence. Only Shaheen Shah who has been a regular looked a bit different to the others. If someone gave him support, maybe we would have been able to pick up wickets. Shaheen hasn't played many Tests either. The bowling attack is very inexperienced - Of the bowlers in this Test, none of them have played in Australia before"

    "So if we thought that with this pace battery and experience, that we can damage Australia, according to my cricketing sense, that is not possible"

    "I can say a lot of things about the bowlers' lines and lengths, but I don't think the bowlers are bad. This wasn't the right time or place for them to be playing"

    "Yasir Shah struggled last time also, until he learns a googly or he can deceive batsmen, he will not be effective against any batsman now. No batsman will be afraid of him. If you give 200-250 runs and pick up 4-5 wickets, this performance can't win you a match. Yasir is such a bowler that if he learns the googly - the man who can get 200 wickets with leg-spin, he can damage any team if he has the googly also. But if he doesn't do that, then he can't damage any team in conditions that don't favour spinners even a bit"

    "The bowling attack is very inexperienced, we couldn't have expected them to dismiss Australia for 300. If it happened, it would have been a miracle. But miracles only happen sometimes"

    "Another thing that I saw was that our team looked like there were individuals playing, for their own performances. Their confidence levels looked very low, the confidence we used to see in the players isn't there. There has to be some reason behind this, maybe the players are under pressure or something and we have to find out what it is. The management should sit with the players and talk about this. I am not talking about winning and losing, good and bad days happen but our team didn't look like they played as a team"

    "When the opposition forms a partnership then you get together in a group, you discuss proceedings, someone gives advice to the bowler. Any captain does that. I used to give advice to the bowlers, or I would tell the captain. I saw no such thing on the field all day long"

    "The management and the players should sit together and the reasons for the players not being comfortable should be sorted out. Young players have been selected, they need to be given a lot of confidence. I request the coaches to not try and teach them everything in one day. Just give them confidence right now"

    "When I became Afghanistan coach, I went there in the middle of a series. An official came to me and said you aren't teaching any of the players anything major or doing anything, you're just telling them what to do in the match. I said that during the match, you can't do things like working on techniques. One series doesn't make a batsman or a bowler, but if you give a player confidence, he can learn a lot"

    "I have a lot of experience as a player, I feel there is a rift in the team, please sort it out otherwise this will be costly for Pakistan not just in this series but in future series"


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    New York City
    Runs
    3,056
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "When I became Afghanistan coach, I went there in the middle of a series. An official came to me and said you aren't teaching any of the players anything major or doing anything, you're just telling them what to do in the match. I said that during the match, you can't do things like working on techniques. One series doesn't make a batsman or a bowler, but if you give a player confidence, he can learn a lot"

    Pearls of wisdom from the great Inzi. Give confidence to players and they will learn a lot. Coaches from across the globe should pay attention to this advice.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    637
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what you want, inzi was a better choice as head coach, selector and batting coach than misbah

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    New York City
    Runs
    3,056
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Every person wants to take a pot shot right now. It’s embarrassing.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,409
    Mentioned
    1127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Inzy had better credentials to be head coach than Misbah. At least he had prior international coaching experience and did fairly well with Afghanistan.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,393
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Well the one thing you can guarantee with Misbah at the helm is that there is no mutiny in the team.

    So Inzamam is wrong here.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    83,397
    Mentioned
    6218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    He knows a lot about causing rifts in the team. After all, it is his area of expertise. I think he might be onto something.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    4,833
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He knows a lot about causing rifts in the team. After all, it is his area of expertise. I think he might be onto something.
    Very true. Remember Oath Gate?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    12,209
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Deflection syndrome. I don't think there is any rift. There are no Akmals lol.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    31,136
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unnecessary comments. I don't believe there is a rift in the team right now.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    2,584
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Very true. Remember Oath Gate?
    That was after Inzy

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    73,638
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Any proof of this so-called rift?

    Has he checked with his nephew about this?
    Last edited by Saj; 30th November 2019 at 02:58.



  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    4,833
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    That was after Inzy
    Yes but Inzy was reported to have been pulling the strings.

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    10,688
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    The only way I can sense is with haris sohail being kept out of the team


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    The only way I can sense is with haris sohail being kept out of the team
    It seems he was told to pack his bags and go home by misbah as his kid can play better than him

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    13,464
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Any proof of this so-called rift?

    Has he checked with his nephew about this?
    That’s what I was obliquely referring to in my posts yesterday.

    Even before the match there were clear age-based cliques visible in the hotel lobby.

    There is basically Misbah with Azhar, Shafiq, Iftikhar, Bhatti, Yasir and Imran.

    And everybody else.

    And in the “everybody else” cohort, the likes of Imam and Babar must be well aware that in South Africa in the Tests, Shadab outperformed Yasir Shah and Imam himself outperformed Azhar, only for Misbah to come in and sack the juniors.

    Imam, Babar, Shadab and Faheem were a strong group at the heart of the Pakistan Test team outside Asia in 2018. And suddenly Misbah has benched one and dropped two.

    Did anyone seriously think that Imam wouldn’t talk about this with Uncle Inzamam? Does anybody seriously think that Imam and Babar aren’t in constant messaging contact with Shadab and Faheem?

    Misbah has gone way too far in dismantling the wrong part of the team. It was Azhar and Yasir who needed to be left out here, not Imam and Shadab.

    Misbah has instantly created a crisis even though he could have got away with a settled team losing courageously.

    And the equation now is simple. The only way that Misbah can relieve the pressure on himself for a while will be by sacking his captain.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    That’s what I was obliquely referring to in my posts yesterday.

    Even before the match there were clear age-based cliques visible in the hotel lobby.

    There is basically Misbah with Azhar, Shafiq, Iftikhar, Bhatti, Yasir and Imran.

    And everybody else.

    And in the “everybody else” cohort, the likes of Imam and Babar must be well aware that in South Africa in the Tests, Shadab outperformed Yasir Shah and Imam himself outperformed Azhar, only for Misbah to come in and sack the juniors.

    Imam, Babar, Shadab and Faheem were a strong group at the heart of the Pakistan Test team outside Asia in 2018. And suddenly Misbah has benched one and dropped two.

    Did anyone seriously think that Imam wouldn’t talk about this with Uncle Inzamam? Does anybody seriously think that Imam and Babar aren’t in constant messaging contact with Shadab and Faheem?

    Misbah has gone way too far in dismantling the wrong part of the team. It was Azhar and Yasir who needed to be left out here, not Imam and Shadab.

    Misbah has instantly created a crisis even though he could have got away with a settled team losing courageously.

    And the equation now is simple. The only way that Misbah can relieve the pressure on himself for a while will be by sacking his captain.
    Uff I love the drama in Pakistan cricket.. miss these things in India.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    13,464
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Well the one thing you can guarantee with Misbah at the helm is that there is no mutiny in the team.

    So Inzamam is wrong here.
    Mutiny is the precise word that I was told in the team hotel yesterday. (And not by a current player).

    I was told that the remaining 20-something players who weren’t purged with Shadab and Faheem are feeling insecure for their own places and angry that Azhar, Shafiq and Yasir are treated by Misbah as if they are the successful role models when the juniors know that they have been carrying them outside Asia for the last two years.

    I was also told that they are angry that their team-mates were replaced by Iftikhar, Imran and Bhatti even though they have no domestic performances in the board this season at all.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Mutiny is the precise word that I was told in the team hotel yesterday. (And not by a current player).

    I was told that the remaining 20-something players who weren’t purged with Shadab and Faheem are feeling insecure for their own places and angry that Azhar, Shafiq and Yasir are treated by Misbah as if they are the successful role models when the juniors know that they have been carrying them outside Asia for the last two years.

    I was also told that they are angry that their team-mates were replaced by Iftikhar, Imran and Bhatti even though they have no domestic performances in the board this season at all.
    So a revolt coming.. how do you get access to all this information man..

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    13,464
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Well the one thing you can guarantee with Misbah at the helm is that there is no mutiny in the team.

    So Inzamam is wrong here.
    On a lighter note, I was also told that the veterans are angry and shocked that Sarfraz has been dropped. Apparently they are afraid that “the day might come when senior players are judged by current performance instead of past performances”.

    So it sounds like the whole team feels insecure and angry, even the beneficiaries of Misbah’s weird selections.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    13,464
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifecric7 View Post
    So a revolt coming.. how do you get access to all this information man..
    I don’t think so.

    The players are just insecure and anxious, and the young players are angry but mature enough not to revolt or rebel.

    There won’t be a revolt because Misbah has put all the pressure on himself by taking on both the Chief Selector and Head Coach role.

    He would already be fired if he hadn’t negotiated a generous severance payoff into his contract.

    But the pressure is on him, and I expect that he will try to shift the blame onto Azhar by sacking him after this Test. Misbah then has two series in Pakistan and possibly then the UAE to try to get a grip.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    302
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I don’t think so.

    The players are just insecure and anxious, and the young players are angry but mature enough not to revolt or rebel.

    There won’t be a revolt because Misbah has put all the pressure on himself by taking on both the Chief Selector and Head Coach role.

    He would already be fired if he hadn’t negotiated a generous severance payoff into his contract.

    But the pressure is on him, and I expect that he will try to shift the blame onto Azhar by sacking him after this Test. Misbah then has two series in Pakistan and possibly then the UAE to try to get a grip.

    Would you say that explains Babar Azam’s 100 celebration at the Gabba. The dots certainly connectz

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    4,281
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Say what you want, inzi was a better choice as head coach, selector and batting coach than misbah
    You're talking about the same Inzi who kept Misbah playing till he was 44 year old and under whom we had a disastrous tour down under.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    4,281
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Rift in the team ". Typical Pakistani ex-players, they cannot say anything positive for the team , when they are not running it.

    The team is not performing badly because of any "rift" they are all bad players , playing according to their capability.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    10,027
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps someone is forcing them to grow beards or something like that. Inzi is not doing any favours by making baseless comments. Put forward any evidence you have Inzi or shut your mouth. What is wrong is our team is absolutely terrible.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    4,311
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol! Bruh you were one inept selector. You brought in Wahab because of media pressure keep your big mouth zip fat boy

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    114,096
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

    "Our team was playing today like a club side" : Inzamam-ul-Haq

    Inzamam speaking on his YouTube channel

    "From my experienced, I can tell you that the confidence level of Pakistan batsmen was zero"

    "I wouldnt say that it was Australian bowlers who got our batsmen out, or they bowled outstandingly, on a pitch where just 3 wickets fell for close to 600 runs for one team, and the other team loses 6 wickets for 90 odd, I do not feel there is anything special in the pitch"

    "It was simply poor shot selection where they touched balls that were going wide from the batsman"

    "This only happens when batsman has no confidence and he is scared"

    "In the 1992 World Cup when I walked out on to the MCG with close to 88k people in it, this was the first time I had seen so many people together in a stadium; Imran Khan was walking behind me and he immediately realized looking at my body language that I looked worried so he said to me - if you start fearing defeat then you will fail, if you are worried about all how you will perform in front of all these people then you will fail also"

    "Our team was playing today like a club side"

    "The same boys were playing very well in the recent past and had good performances"

    "There can come a time when there is distance between management and players, and the PCB needs to take notice of this; We may be thinking that we are losing because we are playing in Australia"

    "So the board has to get the management and players to sit together and discuss matters, if they dont to that this will become an issue"

    "I have been part of Pakistan cricket for a while so I know who's hand is in Pakistan 90% of the time when Pakistan does badly in cricket"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    10,688
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifecric7 View Post
    It seems he was told to pack his bags and go home by misbah as his kid can play better than him
    Abid Ali has got the most to have a chip on his shoulder, he was the most in-form coming into Australia


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    289
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Yes but Inzy was reported to have been pulling the strings.
    Says the news based on unfounded evidence. Oath gate started to undermine Malik's captaincy and it was later used to undermine Younus's captaincy,...etc. Only different is that oath gate during Malik's captaincy was unreported whereas for Younus's captaincy got reported, news capitalized on the incidents and caused rumors for the ratings. Only few things may have been possible but there was no evidence either. The allegation against Inzimam was purely propaganda as it was believable hence the capitalized.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,284
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzi needs to work on nephew's batting rather than distracting him with gossip

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm Inzi's news, there is indeed rift in the team ...


    The rift is between the head coach and chief selector. The team ain't going anywhere unless this rift is sorted out.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    114,096
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Some more Inzi quotes


    "Babar Azam is one Pakistan player after a long time that one enjoys watching play"

    "Just like yesterday we had a special from David Warner, today we had a hundred from Yasir Shah; Warner scored three hundred and more, Yasir scored hunded but his hundred are equivalent to three hundred due to the way Yasir played and attacked the Australian bowlers"

    "Yasir attacked the Australian bowlers and at one point they looked helpless against him"

    "They looked depressed a bit and why? because Yasir attacked their bowling and played positive cricket"

    "As we are now playing the World Test Championship where points are important, I feel that the current bowling lineup will not let us win any series and that will be a problem for us"

    "We will need to give a chance to our senior bowlers again; We have Amir, Wahab and Hasan Ali who is injured right now but needs care, and Faheem Ashraf and those who have been performing for Pakistan in the past 3-4 years"

    "Amir and Wahab should have been spoken to by the PCB and team management that at least they should play in the WTC Tests for Pakistan"

    "Pakistan has invested a lot in them and the country needs them; they need to comeback and play and share their experience with the new guys"

    "The new guys are good but inexperienced but they are of no benefit to us where we stand today as opposed to the in the future"

    "The Pakistan bowling attack we all saw in Australia was not capable of taking 20 wickets in a Test"

    We may have lost 3 wickets in the second innings but I would ask the remaining batsmen to take responsibility, stay at the wicket, and once you are set do attack the bowling and build good partnerships"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •