Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Not sure I've seen a worse bowling attack on our shores" : Ricky Ponting

Test great Ricky Ponting has savaged Pakistan’s bowlers as one of the worst attacks he has seen on Australian shores.

Ponting describes Pakistan’s bowling collective as “terrible”, saying the visitors have been caught in a perfect Australian storm.

Australia amassed 580 in their sole innings in a first Test win in Brisbane, and things have gone from bad to worse for the tourists in the second match in Adelaide.

The hosts, with David Warner making Australia’s second-highest Test score with unbeaten 335, compiled 3(dec)-589.

“They (Pakistan’s bowlers) have been poor ... their bowling attack is terrible really for a Test attack,” Ponting told cricket.com.au.

“I’m not sure I have seen a worse bowling attack on our shores in a long time.” The visitors gave 16-year-old Naseem Shah a Test debut in Brisbane - he returned figures of 1-68 from 20 overs.

They then dropped the teen for the Adelaide Test in favour of 19-year-old Muhammad Musa, who on debut took 0-114 from 20 overs.

“I still can’t understand why the 16-year-old hasn’t played this game, Naseem,” Ponting said.

“And they go with another guy (Musa) who has played seven first-class games and just doesn’t look to be a Test match bowler.

“They haven’t got much cattle.

“And when you haven’t got much cattle against a batting line-up as hungry as ours, and in our conditions, and a team that is really trying to prove themselves back on the world stage, then I think Pakistan have just been caught in a perfect storm.”
    Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...203da5c990e8e6.
    Last edited by MenInG; 1st December 2019 at 10:54.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricky is correct. I feel the Aussies don't want to play us anymore. They would rather just finish the match in one session putting our miserable team on that flight back home. The Aussies want some competition not a bunch of losers who are just on a holiday. Sack them all!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ponting saying it as it is. That was an uber pathetic display of fast bowling and the way they wasted the pink ball was absolutely criminal.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually going to make this thread yesterday "is this the most pathetic and toothless test bowling line-up to ever tour australia" but then I felt sorry for the fans lol. Looks like now Ricky Ponting has done the job for me.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has no bowlers available.

Hasan is injured. Amir and Wahab are retired.

Shaheen and Abbas are your top two bowlers which Misbah duly selected. Apart from these two, which other fast bowler was available?

The reservoir is completely empty. There are no bowlers available. I think Misbah just said, "ok there's no experienced bowler available, let's just select the two quickest fast bowlers". I can understand that logic but we must understand that no fast bowler would've fared better than the current lot. Everyone is totally rubbish.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post

Shaheen and Abbas are your top two bowlers which Misbah duly selected. Apart from these two, which other fast bowler was available?

The reservoir is completely empty. There are no bowlers available. I think Misbah just said, "ok there's no experienced bowler available, let's just select the two quickest fast bowlers". I can understand that logic but we must understand that no fast bowler would've fared better than the current lot. Everyone is totally rubbish.
    Agree with this. You can lambast these selections only if you have champions waiting in wings. Far better Pakistan teams had went down under and lost equally dismally.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ponting has a point. This is definitely the worst attack in Australia in recent times.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There are better bowlers than freaking Imran Khan and Musa.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We may as well try Shinwari now. Can't do any harm unless he is now injured as well.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If anyone deserves to be held to account, it is Dehati Waqar. He selected the pacers for this tour based on a two day bowling camp. Apparently when Tabish Khan came to bowl with a new ball, Waqar was like wth are you doing with the new ball, you are old and unlikely to be selected anyways, give it to the younger lot.

There is a reason why Cricket Australia rejected this guys application for bowling coach but the PCB has appointed this guy as the head coach 2 times and the bowling coach twice.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    If anyone deserves to be held to account, it is Dehati Waqar. He selected the pacers for this tour based on a two day bowling camp. Apparently when Tabish Khan came to bowl with a new ball, Waqar was like wth are you doing with the new ball, you are old and unlikely to be selected anyways, give it to the younger lot.

There is a reason why Cricket Australia rejected this guys application for bowling coach but the PCB has appointed this guy as the head coach 2 times and the bowling coach twice.
    Excellent point

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could have picked a better combination. 4 man attack with Yasir as the spinner was always gonna go wrong

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad state for cricket . Nothing wrong from Ponting. I strongly see problem with incorrect age of cricketers. This has to be rectified at ground level ( education system should be strict)
    Pakistan board should wake up .

No point in bringing raw cricketers directly to international tournaments with out proper shaping.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The number eight from Pakistan is nearing a century

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Toothless, meek and Subservient. Three words which define Pakistan bowling attack in this match. As a fan of fast bowling, I feel sad seeing Pakistan with such low standards.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan brought this onto themselves by chopping and changing.

Where are those arm chair experts on PP who were also in the “change for change sake“ camp. What is your next move know? Reverse the batting order as that will change things up again!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Muddled thinking, poor selection, poor fitness, poor tactics.

The right blend for a farce.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

If the well is really dry, and if there is no emerging talent, then what was the urgency to drop Shadab and Faheem after they took 4-80 and 6-99 in the previous Test?

Naseem has some talent but he’s awfully short - I was stood beside him today.

But Musa? Imran?

There was always a risk that someone would get injured and that someone would be unselectable.

Wouldn’t it have been more useful to have Ehsan Adil or Sameen Gul to turn to instead of 5’6 Musa Khan?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont buy that these are the best on offer argument one bit.
    Selection of Musa & Imran are pathetic mistakes, just admit it. Playing Yasir given his past performance, and his performance in the first match is pathetic. I am 100% sure there are better bowlers who will do the job better than these 3.

You invest in youngsters when they show something to you first. (Like Naseem)

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the batting, has there been a worse display by Pakistani batsmen in Australia ? Probably yes , and that speaks volumes when you see the scorecard currently with Australia 569-3 and Pakistan following on and already 20-3 in 2nd innings.

Even if you scripted a horror movie it couldn’t be this perfect as the kind of horrific displays of cricket Pakistan give time and time again.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any possibility that Pakistan Board can hike up the payment for Amir and Wahab and try getting them in? Desperate times need desperate measures.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    Is there any possibility that Pakistan Board can hike up the payment for Amir and Wahab and try getting them in? Desperate times need desperate measures.
    Get them in for what?
    The last time they played in Aus we conceded 600 once, 500 once and we conceded 220 off 35 overs.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be. Imagine if Amir had stayed, Shinwari had had been selected, Abbas was used properly, shadab had been selected and shaheen was ably supported.

This is a horror of Pakistans own making.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    It could be. Imagine if Amir had stayed, Shinwari had had been selected, Abbas was used properly, shadab had been selected and shaheen was ably supported.

A situation of ifs and buts basically.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you have people on undeserving jobS , this is bound to happen, combo of Misbah, Waqar is fatal for Pakistan cricket

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When there is a lack of options surely you pick the 3 -4 best fc bowlers of the last 3-4 years?

You dont pick a 16 yr old and two 19 yr olds who have less than a couple of dozen of fc games between them or the likes of imran khan who has horrid fc figures lately

The selections from misbah have been totally abysmal

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The irony is that we need an overhaul from this recent overhaul.

Idiotic selections and frankly Waqar and Misbah need to be fired pronto.

Just think this through for a second....

Imran Khan junior, useless before and useless since, gets selected along with a 16 year old.... that’s right a 16 year old!!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Ponting is right, the decision to drop Shah for Musa was criminal. Naseem at least produced a few wicket taking deliveries, not sure what anyone ever saw in mighty mouse Musa. I'm not a cricket coach but I called him useless after watching him in the PSL.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    When there is a lack of options surely you pick the 3 -4 best fc bowlers of the last 3-4 years?

You dont pick a 16 yr old and two 19 yr olds who have less than a couple of dozen of fc games between them or the likes of imran khan who has horrid fc figures lately

The selections from misbah have been totally abysmal
    it would be interesting to find out who were the top 3 fast bowlers statically in first class cricket in Pak in last 4 years?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Naseem was the the right choice, but musa and imran?!?

What have those two done this season in FC?

Even Shaheen shouldn't have been selected, unless he got his full fitness back and had some solid practice behind him.

Ehsan and Sameen did well this season, why were they not selected?

Bowling could have done much better.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree , but let’s be honest - the kind of rubbish delivered by Pakistani team in the name of ‘cricket’ has been poor for some time, this tour isn’t a one-off sadly.

Even when Pakistan were supposedly ranked no.1 test team in ICC rankings they would give you the most humiliating and embarrassing displays of cricket on a regular basis.

It doesn’t bother me so much anymore as I learnt many years ago not to take Pakistan cricket seriously and see it as a comedy stage show, worth a few laughs at their comic act (aka playing cricket) and nothing more.

But , one thing I’ve never understood is regardless of skill and talent , if the batsmen and bowlers really are this poor as they consistently demonstrate with their pathetic performances and lack of basics - should these players not be forced to spend even 12 - 15 hour days in net practice to work on addressing their basic flaws , as clearly on the evidence given they can’t be practicing enough?

I wonder sometimes , if you pick 11 random people from the streets of Pakistan including a rickshaw driver, a fruit seller, a barber ,and send them abroad as the Pakistan cricket team to tour Australia or South Africa , could they actually perform much worse then these superstars do?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Pakistan public and also the PCB need to come to terms with the fact they are a 2nd tier cricket nation now. Nothing wrong with being a poor side if we can accept it as a reality. There is no way a badly structured and poorly financed domestic game can produce world class cricketers. The game is a farce in Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Can people stop calling Naseem 16 when he isn’t?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't even know why he needs to be 16, who could care less if he was 20?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Indeed they run out of fast bowlers, Amir's retirement was a setback , he had a good series against SA this year taking 12 scalps in that series... Mickey made a change going in with faheem and shadab dropping Yasir who was turning pathetic with the ball in the SENA countries especially... Faheem took 6 wickets in the last and only test that he played in SA, his pace was also up near 135-140, making the perfect no.4 seamer....

Naseem Shah selection is fine but ,
    Imran Khan senior, Musa Khan - these two selections are totally unjust...
    Should have gone with bowlers with enough FC and int'l experience...
    Should have gone with the following Rahat ali, Junaid Khan, Usman Shinwari, Faheem, Mir Hamza.
    Misbah got it all wrong in the pace department...

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Very sad to see.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much covered it all.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks to shameless misbah.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two Words .................Bilawal Bhatti

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is such a sad state of affairs.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir shah just made a century against Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood, and Lyon.

Yasir's highest test / first class score was 42 I believe.

Let that sink in.

Shows the conditions out there. Why would we blame teenage fast bowlers for this.

It was clearly all of our top and middle order batsmen who did not apply themselves. They just had to see off the tough passage of play, and it was a flat pancake where azhar should have made a double and babar made a daddy too.

Lets put it into perspective.

Yes it is an inexperienced bowling attack and it bowled poorly specifically with the new ball. But we have to assess the conditions here. We shouldnt have let Warner score a triple, however this was always a 500 run batting wicket.

Its our batsmen that have under performed by a long margin.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Yasir shah just made a century against Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood, and Lyon.

Yasir's highest test / first class score was 42 I believe.

Let that sink in.

Shows the conditions out there. Why would we blame teenage fast bowlers for this.

It was clearly all of our top and middle order batsmen who did not apply themselves. They just had to see off the tough passage of play, and it was a flat pancake where azhar should have made a double and babar made a daddy too.

Lets put it into perspective.

Yes it is an inexperienced bowling attack and it bowled poorly specifically with the new ball. But we have to assess the conditions here. We shouldnt have let Warner score a triple, however this was always a 500 run batting wicket.

Its our batsmen that have under performed by a long margin.
    It’s both.
    You can’t blame the batsmen for the Aussies scoring 500 odd for the loss of three wickets.

Our selection of the bowling attack has been laughable... actually not laughable, it’s been utterly pathetic.

How many 16 year olds have hit the road running in tests??? One, maybe two in the last 50 years...
    and if you must blood a 16 year old then you play him at home and slot him into an experienced bowling pack

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post

Everyone on the bench becomes the game changer.

Abbas was the game changer while Imran Khan was playing.

What do you mean used abbas properly?

He is an experienced bowler, as bad as Azhar's captaincy was, Abbas should be setting his own fields by now. Regardless, what ever fields were set, his bowling was loose and had no bite. Bowling at 123 km/h with little movement wont do much in Austrailia.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    It’s both.
    You can’t blame the batsmen for the Aussies scoring 500 odd for the loss of three wickets.

Our selection of the bowling attack has been laughable... actually not laughable, it’s been utterly pathetic.

How many 16 year olds have hit the road running in tests??? One, maybe two in the last 50 years...
    and if you must blood a 16 year old then you play him at home and slot him into an experienced bowling pack
    Name a bowling attack that would have been effective on this pitch?

After 20 overs the pink ball was getting too soft. There was no movement for Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood so what would guys like Shinwari, Rahat, Junaid, etc... do here?

At most they would have picked up an additional 1 or 2 wickets, Aus still would have scored 500 +.

And still if the batsmen did not apply themselves, we would have lost the match.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaib88 View Post
    I was actually going to make this thread yesterday "is this the most pathetic and toothless test bowling line-up to ever tour australia" but then I felt sorry for the fans lol. Looks like now Ricky Ponting has done the job for me.
    What would be your alternative lineup?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our whole selection policy was based on chance and luck and romantizing debuts of Waqar and Wasim (also in their teens) in the 80s. There was no analysis or understanding of mindset needed for test cricketer.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Agree , but let’s be honest - the kind of rubbish delivered by Pakistani team in the name of ‘cricket’ has been poor for some time, this tour isn’t a one-off sadly.

Even when Pakistan were supposedly ranked no.1 test team in ICC rankings they would give you the most humiliating and embarrassing displays of cricket on a regular basis.

It doesn’t bother me so much anymore as I learnt many years ago not to take Pakistan cricket seriously and see it as a comedy stage show, worth a few laughs at their comic act (aka playing cricket) and nothing more.

But , one thing I’ve never understood is regardless of skill and talent , if the batsmen and bowlers really are this poor as they consistently demonstrate with their pathetic performances and lack of basics - should these players not be forced to spend even 12 - 15 hour days in net practice to work on addressing their basic flaws , as clearly on the evidence given they can’t be practicing enough?

I wonder sometimes , if you pick 11 random people from the streets of Pakistan including a rickshaw driver, a fruit seller, a barber ,and send them abroad as the Pakistan cricket team to tour Australia or South Africa , could they actually perform much worse then these superstars do?
    MK I am not surprised that Pakistan are getting thrashed in Australia, but what's annoying is the bowling options they've taken, the bowling selections, the poor captaincy not helping his bowlers and the lack of consistency from the bowlers.

Sad, but Ponting is probably right.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    MK I am not surprised that Pakistan are getting thrashed in Australia, but what's annoying is the bowling options they've taken, the bowling selections, the poor captaincy not helping his bowlers and the lack of consistency from the bowlers.

Sad, but Ponting is probably right.
    Who is the Chief Selector, Head Coach responsible for all this?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name a bowling attack that would have been effective on this pitch?

After 20 overs the pink ball was getting too soft. There was no movement for Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood so what would guys like Shinwari, Rahat, Junaid, etc... do here?

At most they would have picked up an additional 1 or 2 wickets, Aus still would have scored 500 +.

And still if the batsmen did not apply themselves, we would have lost the match.
    Any nation knowing the opposition is about to bring a 16 year old, no matter how talented they are, would be licking their lips...

In club cricket in England, I couldn’t bowl a 16 year old fast bowler for more then a few overs in a row and here we have one taken to Australia of all the places. Someone with zero international experience and not much first class cricket.

The only thing this can lead to is serious injury... so yes you pick Shinwari and Junaid or beg Amir to come out of retirement... BUT you do not pick two kids...

I’m amazed people still trying to defend this.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I will only blame Abbas and IK as these guys are experienced bowlers who have played plenty of first class cricket.

Naseem looked very promising and Shaheen has held his own and most definitely learnt a lot from this tour, he can hold his head high.

Musa was disappointing and showed his inexperience by bowling to short, but his pace was consistently in the 140-144 km/hr region and apparently his fitness levels are tremendous where he can bowl all day for you, this was the main reason why he was picked.

My question is what instructions did D Waqar give to this lot? Is it really that hard to send a message out in the middle if he sees the bowlers bowling the wrong line, length or not holding the seam properly. When Musa, Shaheen, Naseem or even IK, Abbas were fielding on the boundary, did he once come up to them to have a brief chat with them?

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone on the bench becomes the game changer.

Abbas was the game changer while Imran Khan was playing.

What do you mean used abbas properly?

He is an experienced bowler, as bad as Azhar's captaincy was, Abbas should be setting his own fields by now. Regardless, what ever fields were set, his bowling was loose and had no bite. Bowling at 123 km/h with little movement wont do much in Austrailia.
    I did not say they were game changers, I am saying with proper management, the bowling attack that arrived in Australia could have been better than what we saw.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, Ponting is right. But it has to be understood that any other bowlers (who didn't play) mentioned by some posters here would not have made any difference. Australia is too good in their home conditions. It took enormous effort from Indian bowlers (and obviously helped by the absence of Smith and Warner) to win the test series. Doesn't matter who was picked, Shadab or Faheem or anyone else, the result would, in my opinion, have been the same: 2-0.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will only blame Abbas and IK as these guys are experienced bowlers who have played plenty of first class cricket.

Naseem looked very promising and Shaheen has held his own and most definitely learnt a lot from this tour, he can hold his head high.

Musa was disappointing and showed his inexperience by bowling to short, but his pace was consistently in the 140-144 km/hr region and apparently his fitness levels are tremendous where he can bowl all day for you, this was the main reason why he was picked.

My question is what instructions did D Waqar give to this lot? Is it really that hard to send a message out in the middle if he sees the bowlers bowling the wrong line, length or not holding the seam properly. When Musa, Shaheen, Naseem or even IK, Abbas were fielding on the boundary, did he once come up to them to have a brief chat with them?
    Musa got smacked at over 6 an over. Bowled only 20 overs. Yasir got an even severe beating and offered no control or rest for the others yet somehow its Abbas who gets all the blame

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only were Pakistan missing an experienced bowler in place of Musa they were also missing Faheem Ashraf. No idea why he got dropped from tests when his performance in the format was pretty decent and whenever he played Pakistan's bowling just looked good. Whether it was in Ireland, England and South Africa.

Yet Misbah for some reason wants to persist with the same defensive mindset he showed in Australia last time around. Rather than going for the extra batsman who hasn't done anything anyway, going with Faheem could have offered more control, less workload on the other bowlers.

First Misbah had highly unrealistic expectations from teenagers with only a handful of FC matches behind their belt. Then he had unrealistic expectations from Yasir who could not control the run-flow at all and as a result we have to contend with this embarrassment, which surprisingly enough has left even the previous tours of Australia behind (which were no less embarrassing) in-terms of embarrassment

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Ricky is correct. I feel the Aussies don't want to play us anymore. They would rather just finish the match in one session putting our miserable team on that flight back home. The Aussies want some competition not a bunch of losers who are just on a holiday. Sack them all!
    Pakistan Bowling attack has been exposed again. Yasir Shah the main strike bowler is only good in the UAE. He failed in South Africa and in Australia. Iftikhar Ahmed is not a Test match player at all. Haris sohail is a Better part time spinner than him and Ifti's batting might be adequate for white ball cricket, he is not a test level batsman (a poor Selection) Musa did not merit a test cap, we already tried Naseem Shah. Somebody with more experience was required. At the moment Pakistan has very poor bowling unit. inexperienced teens and toothless vetrans (Yasir & Abbas). In 2017 pakistan's batting at least performed way better. Each test had a big century. Azhar's double ton, YK big century and Asad's fighting 139. This time it was just Babar Azam fighting the lone fight. Hopefully we Can develop a new pace attack with Naseem, Shaheen & Hasnain. And find a new spinner (maybe Shahdab can play tests)

Sack Misbah bring an Australian coach, Dean Jones he even applied ...

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    New York City
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with a few posters above. This is what happens when you drop stars like Faheem Ashraf. People were baying for his blood a few months ago but like every Pakistani bowler on bench he’s made tremendous changes to his bowling and would have been lethal. At least I would assume so.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's batting even after Misbah and Younis has been pretty decent, it is their bowling that is continuously letting them down for quite some time now. Now speaking against the much vaunted Pak bowling attack is seen somewhat of a taboo here and posters are always ready with a bucket loads of excuses to defend ineptness of the bowlers. Now I fully understand that this is very uncomfortable for most Pak fans to admit openly but perhaps it is time to call a spade a spade.

I mostly depend on my memory while I post, I would really appreciate if someone can post a team-wise bowling stat for last 5 years, I am 100% sure Pak bowling would be languishing somewhere in the very bottom even with Abbas' freak stats while batting might actually be in the top 6.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Pakistan's batting even after Misbah and Younis has been pretty decent, it is their bowling that is continuously letting them down for quite some time now. Now speaking against the much vaunted Pak bowling attack is seen somewhat of a taboo here and posters are always ready with a bucket loads of excuses to defend ineptness of the bowlers. Now I fully understand that this is very uncomfortable for most Pak fans to admit openly but perhaps it is time to call a spade a spade.

I mostly depend on my memory while I post, I would really appreciate if someone can post a team-wise bowling stat for last 5 years, I am 100% sure Pak bowling would be languishing somewhere in the very bottom even with Abbas' freak stats while batting might actually be in the top 6.

5 YEAR RECORD for each team

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1940 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank you Misbah..... what would we ever do without you

Ikhees toppon ki salami for saviour sahab

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    5 YEAR RECORD for each team
    Thanks so much Naveen bhai.

So I was right after all.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets see now:

Zafar Gohar
    Naseem Shah
    Ehsan Adil
    Usman Shinwari
    Shadab Khan
    Sameen Gul
    Haris Rauf
    Aamer Yamin
    Sajid Khan

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Thank you Misbah..... what would we ever do without you

Ikhees toppon ki salami for saviour sahab

Lol and we had people all excited that Misbah is taking over.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1940 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HGhazanfar View Post
    Lol and we had people all excited that Misbah is taking over.
    Anybody with even an iota of cricketing sense knew what would happen if he was appointed, and we are seeing exactly that unfold before our eyes.

Leken savior sahab ke mein sadqay jaaon

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Aus got 4 innings to bowl we only got 2.

@Saj
    @MenInG

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Aus got 4 innings to bowl we only got 2.

@Saj
    @MenInG
    Starc 4 innings 75 overs 14 wickets

Pakistan 2 innings 284.4 overs 13 wickets

This looks even worse.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks even worse.
    I was obviously joking but this is painful.
    Please don't show me this again lol

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you actually take time to read all the words from Ponting he clearly says:

- Shaheen was OK
    - Imran Khan was a terrible selection
    - Abbas was OK
    - Naseem Shah Bowled well in Gabba, why didnt he bowl again more than 20 overs and why was he dropped after bowling well.
    - Musa Khan is not Test calibre

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    New York City
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This looks even worse.
    A lot of those 13 wickets were also gifted either due to the fatigue/lack of concentration after making 100+ or in a bid to increase the tempo. E.g. Smith swinging his bat in the second test match.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    If the well is really dry, and if there is no emerging talent, then what was the urgency to drop Shadab and Faheem after they took 4-80 and 6-99 in the previous Test?

But Musa? Imran?

There was always a risk that someone would get injured and that someone would be unselectable.

Wouldn’t it have been more useful to have Ehsan Adil or Sameen Gul to turn to instead of 5’6 Musa Khan?
    Naseem maybe short but he has high action and that mitigates it to some extent.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Who is the Chief Selector, Head Coach responsible for all this?
    At least with this method he can't blame anyone but himself.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

But Musa? Imran?

I’m not sure anyone should believe anything you post now that you have been called out for purposely lying
    - you lied that pakistan source had told you that naseem is injured
    - when asked to prove you said you saw naseem shah could barely walk
    - when shown proof he was practicing in nets you went back to saying he is not fit because someone told you he was not fit and everyone in the team was instructed to lie
    - when SAJ told you that your words were a fabrication you never came back to respond
    - now your argument is that naseem shah is shorter than 5’9 which is an assumption by you thus he will have a tough career

Nothing about musa khan or naseem have been anything but suspicious

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Australia is not the sort of place you send youngsters to learn how to bowl.

Total stupidity to send young lads who've played only a few First-class matches each.

Really basic and poor calls by the selectors.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Total stupidity to send young lads who've played only a few First-class matches each.

This is true. but of the 20 overs bowled by Naseem Shah on a flat pitch in GABBA, he looked like taking more wickets than Abbas did on a helpful pitch, Musa on a helpful pitch, yasir Shah and Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

why not they select Mir Hamza? he was doing so great in Pakistan A team and domestics and yet still cannot crack the national test team why?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HasanA View Post
    This is true. but of the 20 overs bowled by Naseem Shah on a flat pitch in GABBA, he looked like taking more wickets than Abbas did on a helpful pitch, Musa on a helpful pitch, yasir Shah and Imran Khan
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    why not they select Mir Hamza? he was doing so great in Pakistan A team and domestics and yet still cannot crack the national test team why?
    Australia is a place you send tall fast bowlers. Their three quicks are 6’6, 6’5 and 6’4.

Pakistan could and should have taken Ehsan Adil, Sameen Gul and Rahat Ali.

They all have enough experience, their bodies can tolerate long spells, and their skills are the ones required in Australia.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    New York City
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Rahat Ali was missing. Just averages 40 in tests. Instead chose Abbas with average of 18.

It’s like watching the Incompetent General Melchett in Blackadder Goes Forth.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    New York City
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh, and Ehsan Adil averages 53. If he had been picked and failed, I'm sure no one would have pointed that out.

People use stats (that too selective) of only Umar Akmal to advocate for his spot.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muqarrab View Post
    What would be your alternative lineup?
    Don't think there is an alternative lineup tbh but would have never played musa and maybe give usman shinwari a chance as he had some good experience in Australian conditions. Australia is more of a mental battle than a skills based one.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Question really is the use of FC cricket when you are bypassing top performers

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter