"Touring Aus is always tough, even experienced teams of Pakistan have struggled" : Misbah-ul-Haq


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 46 of 46
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,845
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    "Touring Aus is always tough, even experienced teams of Pakistan have struggled" : Misbah-ul-Haq

    Misbah-ul-Haq speaking on the PCB podcast:

    "It is a worry for us, Yasir and Abbas are our main bowlers and some of our main batsmen like Azhar, their form is also concerning for us"

    "When you come and play in these conditions, it's difficult for spinners. Lyon got wickets on the last day also, before that he had 2 wickets. In Asian conditions, Yasir's performances have always been good and we're looking forward to him stepping up there and performs well because he's our main match-winner"

    "We lacked a lot in the bowling department, we couldn't build any pressure and dismiss the Australian batsmen, this has always been a problem for us here"

    "Australian batsmen capitalised on their starts and made big hundred, Warner hit a triple and we missed that. Our batsmen got set then got out, they couldn't play big innings, otherwise the results could have been a little different"

    "To be successful here, we need to improve and know how to bowl in these conditions. With batting, there's some technical adjustments that are needed here, your scoring areas change so we have to look at that in future"

    "Overall, if we look at the series, Australia were the much better team in their own conditions"

    "Touring Australia is always tough, even experienced teams of Pakistan in terms of batting and bowling have struggled due to the conditions and tough opposition. We will sit down and analyse these things and see what we need to do"

    "The players who dealt with difficult situations, we will try to persist with them and give them more chances in conditions they are used to, then we can come to a conclusion about them"

    "SL have a strong team, they have announced a full fledged squad. Our bowling attack is inexperienced, there are some new faces after the retirements of Amir, Wahab and Hasan Ali's injury. The SL series will be tough, we will have to play good cricket. You can't say that since it's a home series, it will be easy for us. SL beat SA and their young bowling attack has been performing well, pace wise also they're good. We will have to improve a lot to bring good results, it won't be easy for us"

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    4,767
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are minnows.
    Our players and coaches are all shameless people who take absolutely no pride in representing national team.
    Even the best of our players play selfishly,interested only in securing or maintaining a spot in the team.

    Misbah's defeatist mindset has only compounded the situation.

    There is NO way out of this mess

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    9,000
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the mindset which is drowning us. "Other team have struggled too". "Australia is a tough place", blah blah blah.

    Just be a man Misbah, and admit. We are not good enough and we played pathetic cricket. This team has limited talent, no leader, and a loser attitude including the coaches.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    1,347
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's already hyping up Sri Lanka to lower everyone's expectations from the series.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,881
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iRfaN_LA View Post
    This is the mindset which is drowning us. "Other team have struggled too". "Australia is a tough place", blah blah blah.

    Just be a man Misbah, and admit. We are not good enough and we played pathetic cricket. This team has limited talent, no leader, and a loser attitude including the coaches.
    He can't admit that publicly.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,456
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This guy is such a fake!!!!! As expected nothing will happen even if we get whitewash by SL and BD plus Wasim Khan will extend his contract before his term his about to finish.
    Most likely he will be there for at least 6 years if not 8-9 years. IK proved to be worse for our cricket

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    19,459
    Mentioned
    774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Already giving excuses for SL tour

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    669
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    He's already hyping up Sri Lanka to lower everyone's expectations from the series.
    No, he has to say that Pakistan will destroy SL in the press conference.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    4,680
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    176
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coward & Shameless Misbah

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    176
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With this mindset he canít take team on higher level , Shameless

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,237
    Mentioned
    1313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    So what's the plan to improve ?

    Or is "other teams have struggled" our strategy ? Truth is we accepted defeat before the coin was tossed.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    7,581
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic statement from Misbah. All this "experienced teams and teams of the 90s also found it tough" were also the words he used following the previous tour, which he led as captain of the side.

    Instead of regurgitating, he needs to accept his inability to learn from his mistakes. The following are a list of his major ones:

    1. Picking Yasir Shah following the disastrous tour he had last time round.

    2. He vouched for Azhar Ali to be his successor as ODI captain following retirement after the 2015 WC. This turned out to be a poor decision, so why go back to something that isn't going to work? Is it because Azhar Ali is an obedient yes man?

    3. Imran Khan was primarily the reason why Warner was able to score a ton before lunch during the last tour. So what was the logic in selecting someone who still trundles? Waqar is also to blame for this, but we all know Misbah has the final say.

    As I've said before, Misbah is an intelligent man and that is apparent as an MBA holder, however it's just unfortunate this doesn't translate to a high cricketing IQ because in this respect it is well below average.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,456
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    So what's the plan to improve ?

    Or is "other teams have struggled" our strategy ? Truth is we accepted defeat before the coin was tossed.
    As expected!!! Nothing will happen to Misbah and Waqar.
    After SL loss he will praise SL a better team and brush away any responsibilities. Misnah is there to accommodate his old friends instead of improvement of our cricket but Wasim Khan is a similar mentality people like him so as Waqar. So our team will go downhill day by day.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,456
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Pathetic statement from Misbah. All this "experienced teams and teams of the 90s also found it tough" were also the words he used following the previous tour, which he led as captain of the side.

    Instead of regurgitating, he needs to accept his inability to learn from his mistakes. The following are a list of his major ones:

    1. Picking Yasir Shah following the disastrous tour he had last time round.

    2. He vouched for Azhar Ali to be his successor as ODI captain following retirement after the 2015 WC. This turned out to be a poor decision, so why go back to something that isn't going to work? Is it because Azhar Ali is an obedient yes man?

    3. Imran Khan was primarily the reason why Warner was able to score a ton before lunch during the last tour. So what was the logic in selecting someone who still trundles? Waqar is also to blame for this, but we all know Misbah has the final say.

    As I've said before, Misbah is an intelligent man and that is apparent as an MBA holder, however it's just unfortunate this doesn't translate to a high cricketing IQ because in this respect it is well below average.
    Its not like that. He is not honest person. He knows what he wants to do "Help his friends for free ride and collect fat pay cheque". He doesn't have any good interest in Pakistan cricket.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    7,581
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Its not like that. He is not honest person. He knows what he wants to do "Help his friends for free ride and collect fat pay cheque". He doesn't have any good interest in Pakistan cricket.
    I agree with this 100%. We know about his greed, how selfish he is and the fact that he doesn't care about the best interests of Pakistan cricket. This has been evident ever since the Mohali innings, when he was playing for his place in the side, but there is more to this than his undesirable personal traits.

    His lack of cricketing intelligence can be summed up by his leg-side fields in Australia (during the last tour) and all those tactical blunders he's made as ODI Skipper.
    Last edited by topspin; 3rd December 2019 at 14:32.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,456
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I agree with this 100%. We know about his greed, how selfish he is and the fact that he doesn't care about the best interests of Pakistan cricket. This has been evident ever since the Mohali innings, when he was playing for his place in the side, but there is more to this than his undesirable personal traits.

    His lack of cricketing intelligence can be summed up by his leg-side fields in Australia (during the last tour) and all those tactical blunders he's made as ODI Skipper.
    But how come IK couldn't see this in Misbah and bluffed by con artist Wasim Khan?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    6,764
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "It is a worry for us, Yasir and Abbas are our main bowlers and some of our main batsmen like Azhar, their form is also concerning for us"
    Lol, everyone and his dog knew Yasir was going to struggle, I mean Misbah himself presided over his last massacre. Azhar has been badly out form for years and also got a bad knee to contend with. Did he expect he was suddenly going to turn into Bradman?

    "Touring Australia is always tough, even experienced teams of Pakistan in terms of batting and bowling have struggled due to the conditions and tough opposition. We will sit down and analyse these things and see what we need to do"
    Absolute disgraceful comments by the shameless individual. Who cares about previous teams. Your job was to prepare a competitive team which you failed so miserably and shambolically.

    Did Kohli just roll up saying oh well, none of our previous teams have won here before so we'll just get hammered and beat them when we play them at home?

    Lazy selections, lazy work ethic, monotonous, uninspiring. Get ready for the excuses post-SL series guys!

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    2,424
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    But how come IK couldn't see this in Misbah and bluffed by con artist Wasim Khan?
    Misbah is second cousin of IK

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,456
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    Misbah is second cousin of IK
    So IK didn't select Majid Khan who supposed to be better than Ehsan Mani but select his cousin for big job. So where is any fair play? What is the difference between previous regime to present one. Really hate when non-deserving people get big jobs with no quality to start with.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    23,591
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wonder what the excuse will be after the Bangladesh tests are lost.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,456
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Wonder what the excuse will be after the Bangladesh tests are lost.
    We lost to a better team. Our team is young and its a learning curve for the youngsters (Azhar, Shafiq, Farhat, Iftikhar, Imran, ......)
    Unfortunately he has no one to answer. Even if he doesn't say anything it will be fine. Harsh/sad reality is even under IK we will see people like this get big position with out showing any qualification.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,848
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    So what's the plan to improve ?

    Or is "other teams have struggled" our strategy ? Truth is we accepted defeat before the coin was tossed.
    I am not faulting what he said, but I do have issues with the approach. He has already confirmed Yasir as the main spinner for home. And he didn’t touch on the mental scarring. We have to admit it openly if we want to fix it. We have a mental block when touring Australia.
    I have always felt that Pakistan’s long term success or failure in test cricket is determined AFTER what happens on a difficult tour. Who do they persist with and whom do they disregard. I get the feeling that a Misbah will make short term selection decisions that will help at home and we will get walloped in England.

    Would also like to highlight how much of Pakistan’s success was dependent on winning the toss so that he and younis could bat long. During the last 12 to 18 months visiting teams beat Pakistan at their own game.

    It’s a bias, but I think Misbah will be satisfied if we end at number 4 or 5 when the test championship is concluded.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,848
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Wonder what the excuse will be after the Bangladesh tests are lost.
    I think Pakistan’s problems will not be at home, but the seeds for a disastrous tour of England will be set during the Sri Lanka and Bangladesh series. He will select bankable players who are very good in home conditions and who will unravel spectacularly when we tour England.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    2,440
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong in Misbah's assessment. I'm sure Pakistan would have lost under Mickey as well. But Pakistan would have lost to Sri Lanka too if under Mickey. Under Misbah I can see Pakistan building a fortress at home. He knows very well to slot extra 2 spinners and tracks will be prepared accordingly. That will be a good start for Pakistan.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    24,525
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winning and loosing is part and parcel of the game. However, fans want to see better selections, tactics and execution. Loosing by playing good cricket would be wholeheartedly accepted but poor balls by bowlers in every over and no intent from most of the batsmen makes the team loose matches even without opposition playing well.

    Our test cricket team has been making the same mistakes again and again in last 2 years. Previous management couldnt get the combination right in test cricket even till the last series Pak played under them, I hope this management can turn it around fast for the sake of Pak cricket. If Srl series doesnt go as planned, pressure would be tremendous.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,848
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Nothing wrong in Misbah's assessment. I'm sure Pakistan would have lost under Mickey as well. But Pakistan would have lost to Sri Lanka too if under Mickey. Under Misbah I can see Pakistan building a fortress at home. He knows very well to slot extra 2 spinners and tracks will be prepared accordingly. That will be a good start for Pakistan.
    We can go back to the glory days of Misbah when we win at home and lose abroad. Except touring teams will start winning tosses and batting long. I look forward to ending fourth or fifth on test championship and being satisfied

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    5,195
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Winning and loosing is part and parcel of the game. However, fans want to see better selections, tactics and execution. Loosing by playing good cricket would be wholeheartedly accepted but poor balls by bowlers in every over and no intent from most of the batsmen makes the team loose matches even without opposition playing well.

    Our test cricket team has been making the same mistakes again and again in last 2 years. Previous management couldnt get the combination right in test cricket even till the last series Pak played under them, I hope this management can turn it around fast for the sake of Pak cricket. If Srl series doesnt go as planned, pressure would be tremendous.
    Previous management didn't embarrass us like this one has already. At least we weren't losing by such massive margins. As for this management well wishers of Pakistan can only hope they get kicked ASAP.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,641
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Translation. "So what if we lost, others before us have also lost".

    Can you get anymore shameless than this?


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    5,195
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    Translation. "So what if we lost, others before us have also lost".

    Can you get anymore shameless than this?
    This. There is reason why i call him shameless.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    24,525
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Previous management didn't embarrass us like this one has already. At least we weren't losing by such massive margins. As for this management well wishers of Pakistan can only hope they get kicked ASAP.
    No doubt it was an embarrassing performance but getting whitewashed by Srl at home and losing to NZ at home was pretty embarrassing too especially when we were never whitewashed by Srl before.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    5,195
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    No doubt it was an embarrassing performance but getting whitewashed by Srl at home and losing to NZ at home was pretty embarrassing too especially when we were never whitewashed by Srl before.
    We have already been whitewashed by sri lanka in t20s which was our strong format. At least we were competitive, at least shameless azhar wasn't our captain.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,545
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This guy has such a loser's mentality.

    At least past teams compete a lil. There wasn't even one occasion in this series where Pakistan had the upper hand. In T20s we got lucky due to the washed out match otherwise it was going to be a thrashing too.How low can you go?


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    5,195
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    This guy has such a loser's mentality.

    At least past teams compete a lil. There wasn't even one occasion in this series where Pakistan had the upper hand. In T20s we got lucky due to the washed out match otherwise it was going to be a thrashing too.How low can you go?
    But lets bring mickey in everything. For the sake of our cricket i hope this clown gets sacked ASAP.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,545
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God forbid if we lose against Sri Lanka then where will his fans go as right now the only defense they have for their Messiah is he used to win at home. Pakistan lost 2 test matches to SL by a whisker let's see the result of upcoming series and this time on our actual home.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    2,510
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    We have already been whitewashed by sri lanka in t20s which was our strong format. At least we were competitive, at least shameless azhar wasn't our captain.
    No one gives a **** about t20. Test is real cricket and Mickey screwed us over.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,545
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    But lets bring mickey in everything. For the sake of our cricket i hope this clown gets sacked ASAP.
    Its laughable to compare Misbah and Mickey. If Mickey was 'average' Misbah is worse, if Mickey was 'good' Misbah is still worse.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    5,195
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    No one gives a **** about t20. Test is real cricket and Mickey screwed us over.
    Yes, shameless clown misbah has made sure this was our worst ever tour to Australia in his first assignment. But, lets ignore this and focus on mickey. You probably don't care since your hero cost us 2 world cups. For me as a Pakistani fan i want Pakistan to play to win. Off course you don't care about t20s due to the embarassing manner in which shameless misbah had to retire....... Jade Dernbach.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are likely to lose to Sri-Lanka with the statement given in the end. He sounds clueless as a couch. Running out of excuses?

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    No doubt it was an embarrassing performance but getting whitewashed by Srl at home and losing to NZ at home was pretty embarrassing too especially when we were never whitewashed by Srl before.
    Donít worry this management will match that.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    5,195
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Its laughable to compare Misbah and Mickey. If Mickey was 'average' Misbah is worse, if Mickey was 'good' Misbah is still worse.
    Mickey at least was qualified unlike misbah.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    No one gives a **** about t20. Test is real cricket and Mickey screwed us over.
    I am assuming you wonít be watching the Twenty20 World Cup than?

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    3,011
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Wonder what the excuse will be after the Bangladesh tests are lost.
    They are not losing against BD, the meltdown you seeing is a common occurrence after Pak's every Aus tour, they got the best coach possible to guide them during their home run.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    2,510
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    I am assuming you won’t be watching the Twenty20 World Cup than?
    No I won't. Haven't watched world t20 since 2014.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    3,106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    next excuse after loss vs sri lanka will be that it is always tough for a team when playing home tests after 12 years.

    dont think they will lose against sri lanka though.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    No I won't. Haven't watched world t20 since 2014.
    Fair enough. So yeah Test cricket going well for Pakistan aye? We had a innings defeat but the boys still played well, unlike under that fraud Mickey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •