User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz Jr to reclaim heavyweight world titles [Post#54]

Anthony Joshua has admitted "it feels different" since losing but sent a powerful message to Andy Ruiz Jr with an intense first face off of the week.

The world heavyweight championship rivals were able to ramp up the mind games at Wednesday's press conference before their rematch on Saturday, live on Sky Sports Box Office, with ring walks from 8.30pm.

"I didn't lose heart or fire in my belly," Joshua said about losing to Ruiz Jr earlier this year. "There is no fear in my heart, my eyes or my mind.

"I didn't lose any commitment.

"There was a big change and a big shift in the division so it definitely feels different. I turn this stuff into a positive otherwise it will eat you up, and will fold into a way that I don't want it to go.

"I had to own the situation and make it work for me."

Ruiz Jr entered his first meeting with Joshua of the week wearing a New York Knicks jersey, the same attire he wore the night of his famous victory in their first fight six months ago.

In the pre-fight press conference when they first met, Joshua was jovial and allowed his then-challenger to hold the championship belts. Days later, Ruiz Jr took them permanently.

This time Joshua was far more intense and said: "You always need a challenger's mind-set. I said that with the belts around my waist.

"Hungry, determined, focused on the goal.

"Will it be a special moment [if he wins]? No because I know I belong there. When I regain the belts I will keep cool, and keep a challenger's mind-set and move onto the next target."

IBF, WBA and WBO champion Ruiz Jr replied: "AJ will come with a different game-plan and I know he is prepared, so I will be more cautious.

"He lost weight and will try to box me around.

"I don't want to let these beautiful belts go. Now that I finally made my dreams come true, there is no way I will let them go."

Anthony Joshua's coach Robert McCracken admits the defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr was tough to take, but believes it's given him extra motivation for their rematch.

Joshua upgraded his preparations with a raft of better sparring partners tailored to mimic Ruiz Jr, plus the addition of Angel Fernandez and Joby Clayton to the training team led by Rob McCracken.

He explained: "If Angel or Joby are on the pads, for instance, it gives Rob the chance to say: 'your back foot needs to be in this position' or 'your right hand is too low'.

"We're not going for good, we're going for great, and then perfection. The stakes are getting higher and there is so much information out there now. Football and rugby teams are improving so we need to level up - it's not just about brute strength and heart.

"It helps having a full camp and we invested heavily in sparring."

Joshua and Ruiz Jr will again come together at Friday's weigh-in.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...tch-approaches

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's being billed as 'Clash of the Dunes'.

Massive re-match for AJ. His career will not be over but AJ will have to wait a while for another title shot.

The most hungry man will win this. Ruiz has enjoyed a few months of lavish lifestyle, can he motivate himself again to defend his belts? Another Ruiz knockdown will help him but I'd be shocked of AJ loses this again. Ruiz is a very good boxer but really shouldn't beat either of AJ, Fury or Wilder.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am picking Ruiz to win again.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruiz didn't just score a lucky KO. He beat Joshua all over the ring and knocked him down 3-4 times.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Barnacle View Post
    Ruiz didn't just score a lucky KO. He beat Joshua all over the ring and knocked him down 3-4 times.
    surly joshua will be more prepared this time, last time he looked like he came without any training or a plan

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ruiz slapped AJ in the first fight. AJ's chin is dodgy, Ruiz should be able to pull it off again
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 5th December 2019 at 08:08.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ should win if he has half a brain. Just needs to box behind his Jab for the first 8 rounds like he did against Parker, and then the opportunities to finish should open up.

If he tries to have a flare up from the get go, off course he can lose

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s not fool ourselves, AJ would’ve won the first match against Ruiz had he not been cocky and underestimated his opponent.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant wait.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @shaz619

AJ is 4/5 to win by KO/TKO/Tech, this is a great price considering this fight will turn into a tear up sooner or later. Can you see it going the distance? I cant find any argument for it.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Andy Ruiz v Anthony Joshua
    Venue: Diriyah Arena, Saudi Arabia Date: Saturday, 7 December

Anthony Joshua says he would "definitely be bothered" if his world title fight with Andy Ruiz Jr was being used to 'sportswash' human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia.

The Briton bids to reclaim three of the heavyweight world titles from Ruiz on Saturday and has faced criticism for the fight being staged in Diriyah.

Campaigners have urged him to "speak out" about issues in the country.

"In the future maybe I can bare a different kind of flag," Joshua said.

"But at the minute it's a world championship flag. I just want to do a job."

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn has openly stated that a huge financial commitment by Saudi's General Sports Authority (GSA) left little option but to stage the bout in the kingdom.

Joshua, who holds ambassador posts with several high-profile brands and who works closely with a number of charities, told BBC Sport editor Dan Roan fighting in Saudi did not "necessarily" detract from his image as a role model.

Asked how he would feel if the event was part of a move to 'sportswash' over wrongdoing, he said: "If that was the case I would definitely have to say I would be bothered - but my only focus is the boxing.

"I feel like taking boxing globally is what a world champion should be doing. You fight around the world."

The move to stage high-level sport in Saudi Arabia forms part of a wider strategy - known as Vision 2030 - that seeks to improve how the country is viewed and progressively move it away from its oil-dependent economy.

Formula E, golf's European Tour and World Wrestling Entertainment have moved to hold events in the country, while a number of pop stars have staged concerts.

Campaigners say sport is being used as a soft power by the Saudi government to hide long-standing issues including women's rights abuses, the treatment of the LGBT community and the restriction of free speech.

Promoter Hearn insists Saudi involvement is "here to stay in boxing" but he has repeatedly referenced the fact other sporting institutions have worked in the country, while well-known brands found on UK high streets are also open to business in the capital city Riyadh.

Asked by BBC Sport whether money was influential in Joshua's decision, Hearn replied: "Of course.

"There are so many hypocrites. You're here covering the event, why? Because you want as many eyeballs on the BBC website or news piece as possible.

"No individual, journalist or media outlet can possibly tell a fighter where they can or can't go to earn money in a sport like this.

"We can't be seen to be endorsing anything other than our job to provide life-changing opportunities for our clients who take part in one of the most barbaric and dangerous sport that exists.

"If we don't get on board then someone else will anyway."

'A win would top everything' - Joshua

'A colossal upset' - Relive Anthony Joshua's shock defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr in June
    Joshua has freely fielded questions on the politics around what is a critical fight in his career following his shock loss to Ruiz in New York in June.

He explains his first professional loss has left "scar tissue" but says it taught him to "never lose grip of your goals".

Asked whether victory at Diriyah Arena on Saturday would therefore top his list of achievements he replied: "Yes, this would be number one. There are now doubters.

"I feel like I belong here so it's not like it's something I am chasing. It's just a quest for greatness in myself.

"How much do I want it? A whole heap. But not to prove anything to anyone, just to prove it to myself. When I win, I am not going to be too surprised as I believe this is my destiny and I belong in this position."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/50633807

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    On soon!

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think AJ can do well if he uses his reach advantage. He underestimated Ruiz’s speed last time. He didn’t seem himself, like he wasn’t in the Zone for some reason.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    On soon!
    If by soon you mean 24+ hours? lol

Anyway, intriguing match up but I think AJ might have the discipline to pull it off this time.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ruiz has weighed in 3 stones heavier! Not sure what the game plan behind this esp since AJ has lost weight. This will now most likely go into the latter rounds of the fight.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Ruiz has weighed in 3 stones heavier! Not sure what the game plan behind this esp since AJ has lost weight. This will now most likely go into the latter rounds of the fight.
    Agreed.
    Looks like an AJ v Parker, distance and hold and grab type fight ensuing...

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Agreed.
    Looks like an AJ v Parker, distance and hold and grab type fight ensuing...
    Yep, both men will not risk getting floored again for the few rounds at least. AJ will try for the KO if the fight seems to be going the distance as the judges usually side with the Champion if it's a close round.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Really looking forward to this, will be watching it with friends tomorrow morning.

This is HUGE for AJ's career, I wonder if he'll go hard to get the knockout because of the fear of Ruiz rocking and knocking him out or use his reach, jab and back himself to beat Ruiz on decision.

@shaz619 invite me back into group chat.
    Last edited by Aman; 7th December 2019 at 02:44.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    AJ should win if he has half a brain. Just needs to box behind his Jab for the first 8 rounds like he did against Parker, and then the opportunities to finish should open up.

If he tries to have a flare up from the get go, off course he can lose
    Not that simple!
    Ruiz is a counter puncher who throws combinations of punches, not single punches. Ruiz hand speed is amazingly fast for a heavyweight, more common in middlewights and lighter, but he also has a hard punch.
    AJ gave up trying to jab in the first fight because he was slower to the punch than ruiz and was getting counter punched with 3/4 hard shots.
    Ruiz is a seasoned amateur and professional boxer, boxing since the age of 6.
    Dont get fooled by ruiz's physique, he is a far superior boxer than AJ.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Not that simple!
    Ruiz is a counter puncher who throws combinations of punches, not single punches. Ruiz hand speed is amazingly fast for a heavyweight, more common in middlewights and lighter, but he also has a hard punch.
    AJ gave up trying to jab in the first fight because he was slower to the punch than ruiz and was getting counter punched with 3/4 hard shots.
    Ruiz is a seasoned amateur and professional boxer, boxing since the age of 6.
    Dont get fooled by ruiz's physique, he is a far superior boxer than AJ.
    Yes, but Ruiz should tire with his weight if kept at distance and moved around the ring.
    If he gets up close AJ will be in trouble, but AJ can't let that happen

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Just watched Gloves are off, I don't think AJ has mentally recovered from the loss and Ruiz is super confident. Think Ruiz may be right in that this style match up isn't good for AJ.

Think the result may be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but Ruiz should tire with his weight if kept at distance and moved around the ring.
    If he gets up close AJ will be in trouble, but AJ can't let that happen
    Would you believe me if i said ruiz has better stamina than AJ?
    Its the reason AJ has lost weight for this fight, to increase his stamina and keep his distance, fight on the outside and keep ruiz at bay with his jab. This is how he got the points decision over joseph parker. If AJ is successful at this, he will win the fight, but the problem is keeping ruiz at bay. Ruiz will walk forward and take a punch to give 4/5 punches in return.

Very intriguing fight ahead, who wins, who knows?
    I will say ruiz will win, round 9 KO!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Joshua will get flattened again. His jab was useless in the first fight, and whenever he tried to throw anything with a bit more venom, Ruiz just fired back with a flurry of punches. They weren't even particularly accurate, but they were hurting AJ. I don't think he's got any answers, and in truth, he looks like he knows it.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @shaz619

AJ is 4/5 to win by KO/TKO/Tech, this is a great price considering this fight will turn into a tear up sooner or later. Can you see it going the distance? I cant find any argument for it.
    It's one of those fights which is not easy to analyse if am honest and I don't think it is a given that it wont go the distance. It has been said again and again that AJ needs to box at range / use his physical advantages, Lewis during his championship run was a master of just that and someone who AJ should have sort out but unfortunately the two don't get along, the fight between Lewis / Tua is a great example of the tactics he should employ. Issue with AJ is, deep down he does love a tear up and loves to unload with short arm punches like the hooks / upper cuts , these are big punches but Ruiz has more of an opportunity to counter. AJ did show he can remain composed and box to a plan at distance vs Parker but Ruiz is no Parker; but jabbing, feinting and being smart with his right hand could do him wonders, while it's important he keeps it long it's even more vital that AJ holds the centre because Ruiz cut him off so easily in the last fight and he was at all four corners of the ring which you don't expect from a man his size; he needs to be economical with his movement because he wont be able to box and move throughout the 12 rounds; the key is to not plant his feet for too long when he does engage from time to time. Ruiz on the other hand just needs to follow the same game plan from the last fight really and try to draw Joashua into a tear up / pressure him.

Ruiz came in heavy but I wouldn't read too much into it if am honest, it could just be mind games to. AJ is very very light which is a bit concerning for me, his lightest in 5 years! losing some weight is good but too much then often I have seen fighters punch resistance deteriorates further, but hopefully that doesn't have as much of a negative impact as I think it would and benefits him. He was too bulky in the past but you don't want to be too thin either, he has had a fair amount of time to gradually get rid of the excess though and from what I've read he has been sparring predominately.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Really looking forward to this, will be watching it with friends tomorrow morning.

This is HUGE for AJ's career, I wonder if he'll go hard to get the knockout because of the fear of Ruiz rocking and knocking him out or use his reach, jab and back himself to beat Ruiz on decision.

@shaz619 invite me back into group chat.
    Don't know the tag and I think he will try to box to a plan / be smart, but like Mike Tyson once said; everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face! but lets see

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Just watched Gloves are off, I don't think AJ has mentally recovered from the loss and Ruiz is super confident. Think Ruiz may be right in that this style match up isn't good for AJ.

Think the result may be the same.
    It was the most dull gloves off I have ever seen, I rather watch pain dry; both of them are quiet dull no disrespect with regards to the abilities but my god that was a big snore fest. And look, when you get KO'd it's always going to be at the back of your mind; this is why often a fight of this calibre is not recommended immediately after the initial defeat because historically the results will not be in your favour; only Floyd Patterson vs Johansson, Ali vs Leon Spinks) and Lewis vs Rahman were able to regain the HW title right after losing it so I give AJ a lot of credit for taking this rematch from the word go. However! from interviews and stuff I have read AJ seems to be pretty level headed, composed and very confident, a man who knows where he went wrong and extremely determined to fix that, the stars are not in his favour but I feel AJ has prepared very well.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Come on Anthony Joshua! bring back the titles to England, smash this Mexican dosser to bits!!!!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Not AJ's biggest fan but genuinely want him to win, big ask but hopefully he overcomes the demons from New York

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heavyweight title is either a curse or a blessing .

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    AJ is chinny, Ruiz is just all wrong for him

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ is too mentally weak to be heavyweight champion.

Ruiz will win again by knocking him flat on his ***.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Gone the 12 rounds.

Joshua wins it on points.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a snoozefest that was.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Appalling how many people wrote AJ off and were so confident about the outcome of this fight, absolutely outstanding performance! schooled him over the 12 rounds and in doing so proved more. Tremendous condition, controlled the pace of the fight; never looked gassed even for a moment; used lateral movement and barely threw more then 3 punch combos, nice and long, excellent use of the jab which was key and Ruiz barely troubled him, had his moments at times and credit where due for his constant pressure but he was dominated tonight, this W is fantastic for the landscape of the HW division and the scene here in the UK

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Surrey, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cowardly display by AJ. Throwing punches from the distance and soft chin

It wont be easy for him fighting someone same height as him

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Gone the 12 rounds.

Joshua wins it on points.
    That's what he needs to do moving forward, it's all good looking the part for marketing or playing into the hands of casuals who always be thirsty for KO's, but this is Boxing and you need to make adjustments at the top level to get the W; a very technical and disciplined performance from AJ; I thoroughly enjoyed it

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruiz just said the F word on live television.

AJ said Bismillah, obviously radicalized in SA.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great comeback from AJ, who fought in a disciplined manner that would have made Floyd Mayweather proud.

He played it smart by keeping his distance. Ruiz looked like a fighter with two feet stuck in the desert, seriously needs to lose weight.

I hope we see a third fight, this time being held in the UK! I will definitely be going to see it live.

But if there is no third fight, AJ needs to fight the loser of Fury v Wilder. Personally, I don't think he stands a chance against any of these two. Wilder is too powerful and his tactics won't work against Fury, who is even taller than him, standing at 6 ft 9.
    Last edited by topspin; 8th December 2019 at 03:02.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruiz was so bad. Couldn't lure AJ into a corner and should've been more aggressive after round 8.

AJ played it smart, didn't get too close to Ruiz since Ruiz has a shorter reach.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Surrey, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be he can try throwing stuff at fury from outside the ring. Just listening to AJ on BBC 5Live and he doesn’t sound very mature and self assured.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Appalling how many people wrote AJ off and were so confident about the outcome of this fight, absolutely outstanding performance! schooled him over the 12 rounds and in doing so proved more. Tremendous condition, controlled the pace of the fight; never looked gassed even for a moment; used lateral movement and barely threw more then 3 punch combos, nice and long, excellent use of the jab which was key and Ruiz barely troubled him, had his moments at times and credit where due for his constant pressure but he was dominated tonight, this W is fantastic for the landscape of the HW division and the scene here in the UK
    Well I wrote him off and am happy to have been proven wrong. This was a masterclass in technical boxing, might not have thrilled the fans, but from a purist POV it was a flawless performance. His movement and footwork were so good. I watched him against Parker, and although he was heavier then, he still had great footwork to stay out of range, and I thought that had gone, but here it was back better than ever.

Absolutely chuffed for him, he has gone from being a write off to a superstar once more. I just hope the talk of fighting Ruiz again was just euphoria, no one wants to see it again. He needs to move on and challenge Wilder and Fury to re-establish himself at the very top.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This in my view was the best performance oh AJ's career. Made all the adjustments he needed to make to beat Ruiz. I don't think even a lighter Ruiz can beat AJ who boxes like this. However I don't mind Ruiz getting a third cash out fight. Might look even better on AJ's resume to beat him again

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you believe me if i said ruiz has better stamina than AJ?
    Its the reason AJ has lost weight for this fight, to increase his stamina and keep his distance, fight on the outside and keep ruiz at bay with his jab. This is how he got the points decision over joseph parker. If AJ is successful at this, he will win the fight, but the problem is keeping ruiz at bay. Ruiz will walk forward and take a punch to give 4/5 punches in return.

Very intriguing fight ahead, who wins, who knows?
    I will say ruiz will win, round 9 KO!
    No I wouldn't believe you ;)

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Well done AJ, career back on track.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I wouldn't believe you ;)
    Well done, you got it bang on!
    Roles reversed, AJ coming in 10lbs lighter and ruiz coming in 1 stone heavier than the last fight, lead to a reversal of the result from last time.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, both men will not risk getting floored again for the few rounds at least. AJ will try for the KO if the fight seems to be going the distance as the judges usually side with the Champion if it's a close round.
    We called it mate

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, you got it bang on!
    Roles reversed, AJ coming in 10lbs lighter and ruiz coming in 1 stone heavier than the last fight, lead to a reversal of the result from last time.
    Thanks mate. What you think happens next in the division. It's all on again!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz Jr to reclaim heavyweight world titles

Anthony Joshua became a two-time world heavyweight champion with a unanimous points victory over Andy Ruiz Jr in a tense rematch in Saudi Arabia.

Six months on from the night Ruiz stunned boxing, Joshua risked seeing his career left in tatters with a second defeat, but served up 36 minutes of movement and well-timed punching to take the IBF, WBA and WBO titles back to Britain.

After cutting his Mexican rival inside the first round he never looked back and picked out smart jabs and right hands throughout before being serenaded with chants of "AJ, AJ, AJ" by 14,000 or so fans in the Diriyah Arena.

Ruiz never looked close to landing a knockdown and when scores of 118-110 118-110 and 119-109 were read out, Joshua jumped up and down in the ring in celebration, just as the man who had wrecked his US debut did in June.

Joshua gets it right all night

Joshua now joins a small cluster of men including Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson and Floyd Patterson to have reclaimed the world heavyweight title.

Patterson fell to the canvas seven times in one round as he lost his belts to Ingemar Johansson in 1959 but regained them in a rematch. The question in Saudi Arabia was whether Joshua could show the same mental fortitude after being knocked down multiple times by Ruiz in June. His answer was emphatic.

A downpour in a country that barely sees rain stopped moments before Joshua strode to the ring, prompting him to carefully dry his feet on the canvas.

From that moment on, his feet moved with grace. Seconds before the off, Ruiz was told "let's go Andy" by his corner but he was rarely allowed to get close to his rival and inflict the damage he did in the first fight.

Ruiz, the bookmakers' underdog again, was cut above his left eye in the first. He landed two jabs of his own in the second but took a left hook as Joshua moved with the lightness of a man at his lowest weight in five years.

He was burning energy but was slick and showed variety in working head and body in the third. A crowd unfamiliar with the sweet science at such close quarters offered audible applause and cheers as the smart work landed.

There was always tension given the speed with which Ruiz's gold gloves can move, and in the eighth he served up a first scare. As the pair tangled, Ruiz made things ugly and winged in a hook. The crowd stamped their feet while Ruiz's fighting compatriot Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez stood and screamed ringside.

The ninth felt key, Joshua needed to establish distance again. He landed a solid uppercut but saw Ruiz fire back wildly instantly. Again, the incredible durability of the champion and the constant threat he carried was evident.

Deep in the 12th, Ruiz beat his chest as if to dare Joshua close. After a night of lateral movement and poise, it was never going to happen. Joshua glared out at the crowd as the bell sounded. It was a look of a defiance. It was the look of a man who had proved his point.

Brave Ruiz pays for distraction

Some seeing Ruiz's showing here will ask what was wrong with Joshua in their first meeting - the Mexican-American was never able to rediscover the heights he hit in New York.

His weight gain of 15lbs was the same as James 'Buster' Douglas piled on after stunning Mike Tyson in 1990. Douglas lost easily to Holyfield months later and as the scorecards widened on Saturday and Ruiz ate shots, it looked as if his new status and its attached distractions might have taken a similar toll.

Hauling 20st 3lbs around a ring is no easy feat. Only Nikolai Valuev - who was 7ft tall - has weighed more and held a world title. And as Saudi royalty watched on at ringside, Ruiz was consistently unpicked and outmanoeuvred.

He will at least leave with a career-high pay day in excess of £10m. He can live the rest of his life as a former world champion who stunned boxing. But if he shoots for titles again, he will simply need to be better.

Joshua's clinical response to adversity

Joshua had said defeat would have been "catastrophic" for a career that promised so much, delivered plenty and then, from nowhere, was shaken to its core.

Some close to him had expressed how nervous they were all week. The fact his entire team stayed with him in the ring for over 30 minutes after his win pointed to their relief.

He has promised to fully explain what happened on that June night but it is to his credit that he pushed for a new approach to his training, made adjustments and lived out the lessons he gleaned from his lowest point in the paid ranks.

To use a boxing term, he 'boxed the ears' off a man who had prompted him to ask so many questions of himself.

The talk of facing Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury - temporarily derailed by Ruiz in June - will resume. Another rematch, though neither party is obligated this time, also has legs.

Joshua has earned such options after such a clinical response to adversity.

What they said - 'When was the last time we had a role model like this?'

Anthony Joshua on BBC Radio 5 Live: "I have got a long way to go. It's not about me, it's about Britain. We have taken boxing to the world and I'm always here to support grassroots boxing. I don't want to talk too much because I have done that a lot in the past, and a big mouth is not what people respect.

"Whatever I can do, I will. If that is fighting the other top fighters in the division, then so be it. Go to the BBC Radio 5 Live Twitter and leave your comment on who I should fight next because I'm up for anything!

"I'm a man that has made mistakes and when I was on losing path in life, I matured and bounced back. After I took my loss I had to mature as a fighter. Life is in boxing and that is why I love it because they go hand in hand."

Promoter Eddie Hearn: "It's the individual, anyone around him knows he's the nicest bloke you could meet.

"Madison Square Garden was a humiliation, he went down four times - people wrote him off, said he had no heart, he quit. He went back, brushed himself down and went back to work to prove you all wrong. It was an absolute masterclass, a shut out, a way of boxing people didn't believe he could do.

"He taught himself to box like that - the discipline was incredible. All the things no-one thought he possessed. That's because he's getting better. What heavyweight has a resume like him? Give him respect; he has changed the face of boxing. A great individual with a big heart.

"They wrote him off. I have represented Anthony since he turned pro. He is a very close friend of mine. The strength he has shown is unbelievable. When was the last time we had a role model like this? We should be so proud. An absolute role model for our country."

Andy Ruiz Jr: "It was his night. I didn't prepare how I should have. I gained too much weight. I don't want to give excuses, he won.

"He boxed me around. If we do a third fight you best believe I'm going to get in shape. I'll be in the best shape of my life.

"I thought I was going to feel stronger. Next fight I'm going to get more prepared. I tried to train myself for this. I was chasing him too much. I was hesitating too much."

Joshua's trainer Robert McCracken: "I think he was where I wanted him to be for this fight. He has listened in camp, worked really hard, and I thought he boxed very well against a dangerous fighter.

"Andy Ruiz is a real danger and he is very quick and heavy-handed. There were a couple times Josh went into mid-range and came unstuck but he settled back down in the corner and got back on it. His weight was great and his jab was tremendous."

BBC Radio 5 Live boxing pundit Steve Bunce: "AJ was absolutely clinical and he never wasted a shot. That was class and he stuck to his plan. Beautiful to watch.

"He got it right in spectacular fashion. He has been steely and nasty."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50701313

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    576 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Great work from AJ. That was some high-class boxing.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Boring fight but AJ did what he needed to win, congrats to him on a deserving win.

Still think Wilder will smoke him, one big punch and its over for AJ. He's obviously a top 3 fighter in the division, I think Fury and Wilder are ahead of him though.
    Last edited by Aman; 8th December 2019 at 04:59.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Yeah, credit to AJ though.

It wouldn't be easy coming back from the devastating defeat he had to Ruiz, the media and fans tore him to shreds for losing to Ruiz. It seems to have humbled him and helped him grow with the things he's saying these days and the way he fought this match.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credit to AJ for coming back; didn’t think he had it in him.

Now all we need is Fury-Wilder 2 to face A.J. for the undisputed claim of heavyweight champ.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate. What you think happens next in the division. It's all on again!
    I will probably get this wrong as well, but i think wilder beats fury. I think the fight will be similar to their first fight but this time wilder catches fury. I dont think fury has the power to hurt wilder, fury's only chance is a points win but i think wilder had got used to fury's style by the end of the first fight and i don't think fury will be able to keep wilder at bay for a second time.
    Then if AJ vs wilder happens, AJ will try to box the same as this fight(ruiz 2 fight) keep his distance and jab. Again, i will say AJ gets knocked out, but who knows, it could be similar to this fight and with a similar result.
    My prediction Wilder becomes undisputed world champion.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Anthony Joshua became a two-time world heavyweight champion with a unanimous points victory over Andy Ruiz Jr in a tense rematch in Saudi Arabia.

Six months on from the night Ruiz stunned boxing, Joshua risked seeing his career left in tatters with a second defeat, but served up 36 minutes of movement and well-timed punching to take the IBF, WBA and WBO titles back to Britain.

After cutting his Mexican rival inside the first round he never looked back and picked out smart jabs and right hands throughout before being serenaded with chants of "AJ, AJ, AJ" by 14,000 or so fans in the Diriyah Arena.

Ruiz never looked close to landing a knockdown and when scores of 118-110 118-110 and 119-109 were read out, Joshua jumped up and down in the ring in celebration, just as the man who had wrecked his US debut did in June.

Joshua, 30, now joins a small cluster of men including Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson and Floyd Patterson to have reclaimed the world heavyweight title.

Patterson fell to the canvas seven times in one round as he lost his belts to Ingemar Johansson in 1959 but regained them in a rematch. The question in Saudi Arabia was whether Joshua could show the same mental fortitude after being knocked down multiple times by Ruiz in June. His answer was emphatic.

A downpour in a country that barely sees rain stopped moments before Joshua strode to the ring, prompting him to carefully dry his feet on the canvas.

From that moment on, his feet moved with grace. Seconds before the off, Ruiz was told "let's go Andy" by his corner but he was rarely allowed to get close to his rival and inflict the damage he did in the first fight.

Ruiz, the bookmakers' underdog again, was cut above his left eye in the first. He landed two jabs of his own in the second but took a left hook as Joshua moved with the lightness of a man at his lowest weight in five years.

He was burning energy but was slick and showed variety in working head and body in the third. A crowd unfamiliar with the sweet science at such close quarters offered audible applause and cheers as the smart work landed.

There was always tension given the speed with which Ruiz's gold gloves can move, and in the eighth he served up a first scare. As the pair tangled, Ruiz made things ugly and winged in a hook. The crowd stamped their feet while Ruiz's fighting compatriot Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez stood and screamed ringside.

The ninth felt key, Joshua needed to establish distance again. He landed a solid uppercut but saw Ruiz fire back wildly instantly. Again, the incredible durability of the champion and the constant threat he carried was evident.

Deep in the 12th, Ruiz beat his chest as if to dare Joshua close. After a night of lateral movement and poise, it was never going to happen. Joshua glared out at the crowd as the bell sounded. It was a look of a defiance. It was the look of a man who had proved his point.

Some seeing Ruiz's showing here will ask what was wrong with Joshua in their first meeting - the Mexican was never able to rediscover the heights he hit in New York.

His weight gain of 15lbs was the same as James 'Buster' Douglas piled on after stunning Mike Tyson in 1990. Douglas lost easily to Holyfield months later and as the scorecards widened on Saturday and Ruiz ate shots, it looked as if his new status and its attached distractions might have taken a similar toll.

Hauling 20st 3lbs around a ring is no easy feat. Only Nikolai Valuev - who was 7ft tall - has weighed more and held a world title. And as Saudi royalty watched on at ringside, Ruiz was consistently unpicked and outmanoeuvred.

He will at least leave with a career-high pay day in excess of £10m. He can live the rest of his life as a former world champion who stunned boxing. But if he shoots for titles again, he will simply need to be better.

Joshua's clinical response to adversity
    Joshua had said defeat would have been "catastrophic" for a career that promised so much, delivered plenty and then, from nowhere, was shaken to its core.

Some close to him had expressed how nervous they were all week. The fact his entire team stayed with him in the ring for over 30 minutes after his win pointed to their relief.

He has promised to fully explain what happened on that June night but it is to his credit that he pushed for a new approach to his training, made adjustments and lived out the lessons he gleaned from his lowest point in the paid ranks.

To use a boxing term, he 'boxed the ears' off a man who had prompted him to ask so many questions of himself.

The talk of facing Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury - temporarily derailed by Ruiz in June - will resume. Another rematch, though neither party is obligated this time, also has legs.

Joshua has earned such options after such a clinical response to adversity.

Boxing history will never forget what Ruiz did to him. Joshua can at least draw some comfort in putting things right.

Promoter Eddie Hearn: "Madison Square Garden was a humiliation, he went down four times - people wrote him off, said he had no heart, he quit. He went back, brushed himself down and went back to work to prove you all wrong. It was an absolute masterclass, a shutout, a way of boxing people didn't believe he could do.

"He taught himself to box like that - the discipline was incredible. All the things no-one thought he possessed. That's because he's getting better. What heavyweight has a resume like him? Give him respect; he has changed the face of boxing. A great individual with a big heart.

"I have represented Anthony since he turned pro. He is a very close friend of mine. The strength he has shown is unbelievable. When was the last time we had a role model like this? We should be so proud. An absolute role model for our country."

Joshua's trainer Robert McCracken: "I think he was where I wanted him to be for this fight. He has listened in camp, worked really hard, and I thought he boxed very well against a dangerous fighter.

"Andy Ruiz is a real danger and he is very quick and heavy-handed. There were a couple times Josh went into mid-range and came unstuck but he settled back down in the corner and got back on it. His weight was great and his jab was tremendous."

BBC Radio 5 Live boxing pundit Steve Bunce: "AJ was absolutely clinical and he never wasted a shot. That was class and he stuck to his plan. Beautiful to watch.

"He got it right in spectacular fashion. He has been steely and nasty."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/50701313

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will probably get this wrong as well, but i think wilder beats fury. I think the fight will be similar to their first fight but this time wilder catches fury. I dont think fury has the power to hurt wilder, fury's only chance is a points win but i think wilder had got used to fury's style by the end of the first fight and i don't think fury will be able to keep wilder at bay for a second time.
    Then if AJ vs wilder happens, AJ will try to box the same as this fight(ruiz 2 fight) keep his distance and jab. Again, i will say AJ gets knocked out, but who knows, it could be similar to this fight and with a similar result.
    Yes completely agree with that, wilder knows fury has limited power and wilder proved he can hurt and drop fury, so will definitely expect a expansive wilder who will do him
    Last edited by Manunited18; 8th December 2019 at 12:25.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping wilder wins. I just dont like fury ( a bit irrational but hey) I think wilder should be more aggressive as fury can't hurt him like you say and hopefully wilder gets through a couple of times.
    Against wilder I reckon AJ has to go for the knock out, he will have to be more aggressive because he is a bit chinny and it is a risky fight but one he will have to take.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4836 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I agree that Wilder being undisputed is not out of question he is capable of that but the stuff on Fury's limited power is a myth, it's like saying the same about Floyd, when you change your style to utilise physical advantages or emphasise your defensive evasiveness you can't afford to load up on your punches, the key is accuracy, hit/move and hold the centre, both Floyd and Fury had more KO's in the early part of their careers because they walked opponents down prior to stylistic change. However Fury is a HW and when he sits on his punches he can hurt you, if you recall he had Wilder back pedalling after being dropped, there was still plenty of time for Wilder to go for the finish and he is one of the best at that but the man was hurt, not suggesting Fury will box that way throughout in the rematch but he will look to be a little more offensive when he doed engage, Roach felt he should have done so but as we know too much risk vs Wilder

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping wilder wins. I just dont like fury ( a bit irrational but hey) I think wilder should be more aggressive as fury can't hurt him like you say and hopefully wilder gets through a couple of times.
    Against wilder I reckon AJ has to go for the knock out, he will have to be more aggressive because he is a bit chinny and it is a risky fight but one he will have to take.
    I think.wilder will knock out fury this time, if the fight happens.
    I think wilder will also knock out AJ , again, if the fight ever happens.
    AJ only chance is the exact same thing he did last night, jab and run, the big difference is wilder is an inch taller than AJ, whereas ruiz was officially 4 inches shorter, but i think he was at least 6 inches shorter.
    Wilders a beast, not technical, some would say he has very little boxing skills, but what he has is a devastating knock out punch!
    Wilder should be spoken in the same brackett of mike tyson and george foreman, don't know why the american public have not taken to him.
    Wilder had a fantastic personality as well.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think.wilder will knock out fury this time, if the fight happens.
    I think wilder will also knock out AJ , again, if the fight ever happens.
    AJ only chance is the exact same thing he did last night, jab and run, the big difference is wilder is an inch taller than AJ, whereas ruiz was officially 4 inches shorter, but i think he was at least 6 inches shorter.
    Wilders a beast, not technical, some would say he has very little boxing skills, but what he has is a devastating knock out punch!
    Wilder should be spoken in the same brackett of mike tyson and george foreman, don't know why the american public have not taken to him.
    Wilder had a fantastic personality as well.
    Yes but wilder does not know how to box !!!
    Which is why I think quick sharp start from AJ to get wilder out of there.
    Otherwise wilder will have 36 minutes to find 1 punch

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Surrey, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching the highlights of Wider vs Fury and do think that Fury was the better boxer and deserved to win. Especially the way he came back in the last round. Wilder on the other her hand us tall but doesn’t look too strong for his height or very skilled.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Ruiz fought like a tired ageing Tyson who was getting frustrated by a better pugilist but remained calm throughout, he had numerous opportunities to hit Joshua on the back of the head but he didn’t
    Joshua fought like fury, wasn’t quite as good as Holyfield or klitchko but it’s not his natural game
    Joshua gets knocked out by wilder and goes 12 rounds with fury

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but wilder does not know how to box !!!
    Which is why I think quick sharp start from AJ to get wilder out of there.
    Otherwise wilder will have 36 minutes to find 1 punch
    No one in their right mind is going to try and knock out wilder, regardless of the fact he cant box. You saw what happened to ortiz?
    Wilder only needs one punch to finish any fighter(fury got a long count, but still amazing he got up).
    If ruiz can hurt AJ so badly, wilder can potentially kill him literally, God forbid!
    The thing is people say wilder cant box, which is technically true, but he has an unique style which works for him.
    Personally, dont see Aj getting in the ring with wilder and who can blame him. I am suprised fury is willing to get back in the ring with wilder. Its only a matter of time before wilder kills someone in the ring!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We called it mate
    Poor fight for a HW title esp with so much hype(to sell).

Hearn called this in the same league as the Rumble in the Jungle or the Thrilla in Manilla

Ruiz didn't even train, it was all fake him putting on weight for power. People who know about boxing knew this was nonsense, power does not increase so much for HW when they put a few stones.

Wilder and Fury will destroy AJ.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Agree AJ winning is better for boxing and the UK fight scene. AJ did what he needed to win, kudos to him but a poor HW fight overall esp after the crazy hype. Ruiz is money, nothing else. He didn't train for something billed the same as the Rumble in the Jungle.

Fury v Wilder is the only fight in HW which can be on par with classics.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    such a poor fight, aj ran from an obese ruiz who got tired half way through. everytime he got in close he did not look comfortable, ruiz got into his head from the last fight.

the ending was the cherry on the cake, one of the worst endings to a championship fight ive seen.

yes he got the win, but in the process he would have made wilder and fury extremely excited. he cant run from those guys for 12 rounds.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    such a poor fight, aj ran from an obese ruiz who got tired half way through. everytime he got in close he did not look comfortable, ruiz got into his head from the last fight.

the ending was the cherry on the cake, one of the worst endings to a championship fight ive seen.

yes he got the win, but in the process he would have made wilder and fury extremely excited. he cant run from those guys for 12 rounds.
    Summarised beautifully!

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I suppose different tactics are needed vs different fighters. If he went in & brawled vs Ruiz, the result may have been the same as their first fight. But it was no ‘masterclass’ as the Sky commentators claimed.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    I suppose different tactics are needed vs different fighters. If he went in & brawled vs Ruiz, the result may have been the same as their first fight. But it was no ‘masterclass’ as the Sky commentators claimed.
    To be honest i wanted my money back from sky for this "non fight" and if i went to saudi to watch it live, i would be peeved.
    Yes tactically it was the right thing for AJ to do, but he wont be able to do it against wilder whose an inch taller and has a more lethal punch. And though fury has no power punches, hes 3 inches taller and will outmove AJ.
    So i guess AJ will dodge both of them and fight shorter guys without much of a punch and basically become the new lennox lewis and slowly lose his fan base due to boring fights on the outside.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AJ needs to get in the ring with Wilder.
    No more messing around. If he beats Wilder then finish his career against Fury.

Take less pay if he has too but this fight has to be made.
    Strangely I think he’ll do better against the bigger guys then the smaller ones although Wilder is on a different level in terms power and Fury on a skill level.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think he will be very wary of getting in the ring with Wilder, he might not be that technically great, but he has a fast swing, would be difficult for AJ to avoid a big haymaker for 12 rounds.

A fight with Fury could be interesting though. He isn't a one punch KO artist, and Joshua might be able to match him for boxing.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ needs to get in the ring with Wilder.
    No more messing around. If he beats Wilder then finish his career against Fury.

Take less pay if he has too but this fight has to be made.
    Strangely I think he’ll do better against the bigger guys then the smaller ones although Wilder is on a different level in terms power and Fury on a skill level.
    Lol! Wilder will kill AJ, God forbid maybe literally!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I think he will be very wary of getting in the ring with Wilder, he might not be that technically great, but he has a fast swing, would be difficult for AJ to avoid a big haymaker for 12 rounds.

A fight with Fury could be interesting though. He isn't a one punch KO artist, and Joshua might be able to match him for boxing.
    Wilder will kill AJ, may be God forbid literally!
    AJ can no way outbox a fit fury. AJ will have to try and find a knock out punch, fury wont ko AJ he doesnt have the big punch, he will try and should win on points, another boring fight.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol! Wilder will kill AJ, God forbid maybe literally!
    yeah so?
    If you wanna be called the best then you have to beat the best.
    I'm not interested in him milking us for money by taking easy fights.

Fight Wilder/Fury and lets see the outcome.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Wilder will kill AJ, may be God forbid literally!
    AJ can no way outbox a fit fury. AJ will have to try and find a knock out punch, fury wont ko AJ he doesnt have the big punch, he will try and should win on points, another boring fight.
    You are probably right, Fury would probably outbox AJ, but would still be an intruiging fight. Joshua is quite a handy boxer himself, and he has the size to be able to match Fury for reach so he would probably get through with a few shots of his own. Plus I really like AJ's movement and footwork, that might give him a few angles to get through Fury's defences.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah so?
    If you wanna be called the best then you have to beat the best.
    I'm not interested in him milking us for money by taking easy fights.

Fight Wilder/Fury and lets see the outcome.
    Yeah but i am sure his not bothered what you or i think, when he can pick up £50 million.quid fighting bombs and filling up wembley or cardiff. Why risk his life, when he already has 4 belts?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Anthony Joshua says Tyson Fury 'should be looking to retire soon' after a near-12 year career.