Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"I accept that getting out after getting starts is unacceptable" : Shan Masood

Shan Masood at a presser today:

"Regarding Mickey, the match is in the ground. Coaches' goal is more regarding their own players, less regarding the opposition. We know our own weaknesses so whether the opposition knows or not, our work is to focus on our strengths and work on weaknesses. If we do well then we will never feel pressure from the opposition or the opposition's coach"

"If you look at India, SA, Aus, Eng, NZ, they play 10-15 Tests a year. Since we don't have matches at home, we don't play that many Test matches. If we look at the last 10 years, the maximum number of Tests I think we have played in a year is 8"

"Frequency of tours also matter. India went to Aus in 2014, then last year and again next year. So when a team is going to a country 3 times in 5 years, they will be more familiar with those conditions. We should be a little patient, the home cricket that we are getting will lead to different performances and we will take confidence into tougher overseas tours"

"If my Test average is 27 then in the last 5 matches, it's around 39 so there is improvement. But I will be the 1st to raise my hand and say that in SA and Aus, I got some chances with a couple of 60s and 40s. With starts like that, you need to convert into bigger scores and I made mistakes. Now it's up to me to rectify that and try to perform. If my average is 27, it's up to me to give my full effort and take it towards the average of good batsmen"

"It's correct that getting out after getting starts is unacceptable when you don't convert, this comes with experience. If I don't do it, I will get my punishment and I won't remain in the team. If I learn and do well then it will benefit us all"

"It was unfortunate that people like Misbah and Younis who were legends of our cricket couldn't play in our home grounds towards the peak of their careers"

"I am excited for our generation because I feel this will propel Pakistan as a nation and future generations to take up cricket. We've lost a lot in the business, admin and playing side. When you host a lot of matches, there is much more interest and investment and over the last 10 years, we've lost a lot"

"We lost in Australia but we had some positives. I think we faced probably the best bowling attack in the world over there so we come with the advantage of playing against probably the best team in world cricket right now"

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His point regarding test cricket is spot on I been saying it a while only BIG 3 are playing proper test cricket and play it enough to be good. Other teams simply don't play enough to have the same experience etc.

Test cricket is not played on even playing ground as its dependent on money.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is wrong about NZ playing a lot of tests.

In 2017 and 2018 they played 7 (Which isnt much different than Pak) while in 2019 they will probably end their year with 6 tests. 2016 was and exception for them when NZ played 11 matches but those exceptions are for Pak or SA as well on an occasion or two.

While he is correct about Aus, Ind and Eng playing a lot of tests but for Aus and Eng it has historically been like this.

PCB can also try to add a test series or two in a calendar year.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís OK. Youíre going to be persisted with if Misbah bhai likes you and believes in you. For example Harris Sohail has done nothing and still gets preference. Just get in the good books and youíre safe.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One good series including a ton and he should be the test captain. He is our 2nd best batsman after Babar, although that tells us the sorry state of Pakistan batting.