Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    542
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    A heartwarming photo of two of Pakistan's greatest batsmen, Majid Khan & Javed Miandad

    Two of Pakistan's best. For some reason, makes me emotional to see these two together. What great innings they played in Pakistan. What beautiful memories they must have of the very ground they are situated in. I would give an arm and a leg just to be a fly on the wall and listen as they chatted.

    December 11, 2019 was a magical day. Thank you God for Test cricket in Pakistan.

    Name:  ELfoFY8XkAAgxa7.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  191.8 KB

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    26,865
    Mentioned
    1375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Whoís the other guy

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    9,217
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Who’s the other guy
    Majid Khan


    You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    15,440
    Mentioned
    2412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Let history record that even though Majid Khan at the time was Pakistan's all-time third greatest batsman, his cousin Imran Khan dropped him forever when he was 35 years old due to his deteriorating form.

    He did it because it was the right thing to do, even though it poisoned family relationships for decades to come.

    Then, 3 years later Imran resumed the captaincy from Javed Miandad, who had himself inherited it recently from the 36 year old Zaheer Abbas, who was the second greatest batsman in Pakistan history at the time, but had also been exhibiting the same frailties as Azhar Ali against pace bowling.

    In the First Test Zed didn't bat. In the Second Test he scored 4. And Imran Khan dropped him forever too.

    What is sad is that in his thirties Imran Khan could recognise age-related decline and terminated the careers of legendary batsmen who were exhibiting it.

    But now he supports the tenure of Misbah-ul-Haq who stacks his team with geriatric batsmen.

    Inzamam's last test team contained 8 guys in their twenties plus Shafiq and Sarfraz and Azhar Ali.

    Today's batting line-up has the following ages:

    30
    32
    34 years 295 days
    33 years 317 days
    30 years 336 days
    25 years

    I wouldn't mind, but of the 5 batsmen in their thirties, 3 of them have not even scored 1000 Test runs.
    Last edited by Junaids; 12th December 2019 at 03:56.

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    3,573
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Majid is bazid khans dad?
    No similiarity if they are father and son, also true of their cricketing skills!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,767
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Majid looks so graceful in that pic. What's up with Javed? Need of Haircut and moustache trim...

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,276
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legends.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,464
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No disrespect, but Majid Khan is one of Pakistan's greatest ever batsman? Goodness!


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    650
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No disrespect, but Majid Khan is one of Pakistan's greatest ever batsman? Goodness!
    Dont know the exact amout of runs he scored or num of hundreds or average/strike rate etc....but he was one of the most elegant players of his time, very stylish....people of a particular generation venerate him for this....Kapil Dev in his autobio said MK was his idol...he also scored tons of runs in county...and had quite a following....

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    15,440
    Mentioned
    2412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No disrespect, but Majid Khan is one of Pakistan's greatest ever batsman? Goodness!
    Absolutely, he was sensational.

    In the County Championship in the early 1970ís every team had 4-6 overseas stars, and he was in the elite group.

    He was a fantastic batsman. In the 45 years that I have watched Pakistan cricket my ranking would be:

    1. Younis Khan
    2. Mohammad Yousuf
    3. Javed Miandad
    4. Majid Khan
    5. Inzamam
    6. Saeed Anwar
    7. Babar Azam
    8. Zaheer Abbas
    9. Saleem Malik
    10. Asif Iqbal

    Thatís how good Majid Khan was!

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    26,865
    Mentioned
    1375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Absolutely, he was sensational.

    In the County Championship in the early 1970’s every team had 4-6 overseas stars, and he was in the elite group.

    He was a fantastic batsman. In the 45 years that I have watched Pakistan cricket my ranking would be:

    1. Younis Khan
    2. Mohammad Yousuf
    3. Javed Miandad
    4. Majid Khan
    5. Inzamam
    6. Saeed Anwar
    7. Babar Azam
    8. Zaheer Abbas
    9. Saleem Malik
    10. Asif Iqbal

    That’s how good Majid Khan was!
    Lol at Zaheer being better than Babar


    #MPGA

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,885
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Absolutely, he was sensational.

    In the County Championship in the early 1970’s every team had 4-6 overseas stars, and he was in the elite group.

    He was a fantastic batsman. In the 45 years that I have watched Pakistan cricket my ranking would be:

    1. Younis Khan
    2. Mohammad Yousuf
    3. Javed Miandad
    4. Majid Khan
    5. Inzamam
    6. Saeed Anwar
    7. Babar Azam
    8. Zaheer Abbas
    9. Saleem Malik
    10. Asif Iqbal

    That’s how good Majid Khan was!
    It's always interesting and cool to read your posts when such historical things are being discussed.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Frankfurt
    Runs
    102
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Let history record that even though Majid Khan at the time was Pakistan's all-time third greatest batsman, his cousin Imran Khan dropped him forever when he was 35 years old due to his deteriorating form.

    He did it because it was the right thing to do, even though it poisoned family relationships for decades to come.

    Then, 3 years later Imran resumed the captaincy from Javed Miandad, who had himself inherited it recently from the 36 year old Zaheer Abbas, who was the second greatest batsman in Pakistan history at the time, but had also been exhibiting the same frailties as Azhar Ali against pace bowling.

    In the First Test Zed didn't bat. In the Second Test he scored 4. And Imran Khan dropped him forever too.

    What is sad is that in his thirties Imran Khan could recognise age-related decline and terminated the careers of legendary batsmen who were exhibiting it.

    But now he supports the tenure of Misbah-ul-Haq who stacks his team with geriatric batsmen.

    Inzamam's last test team contained 8 guys in their twenties plus Shafiq and Sarfraz and Azhar Ali.

    Today's batting line-up has the following ages:

    30
    32
    34 years 295 days
    33 years 317 days
    30 years 336 days
    25 years

    I wouldn't mind, but of the 5 batsmen in their thirties, 3 of them have not even scored 1000 Test runs.
    Yes, Imran Khan did drop Majid Khan and Zaheer Abbas when they were around 35 -36 years old but on the other hand, he himself went on to play till 42.

    Don't you think that the rule which he impemented on others, should also have been implemented on himself?

    If he himself played till 42 than why we keep on discussing that Misbah played till 42 and destroyed Pakistan's cricket culture whereas it has been going on since Imran Khan days.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    5,964
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Absolutely, he was sensational.

    In the County Championship in the early 1970’s every team had 4-6 overseas stars, and he was in the elite group.

    He was a fantastic batsman. In the 45 years that I have watched Pakistan cricket my ranking would be:

    1. Younis Khan
    2. Mohammad Yousuf
    3. Javed Miandad
    4. Majid Khan
    5. Inzamam
    6. Saeed Anwar
    7. Babar Azam
    8. Zaheer Abbas
    9. Saleem Malik
    10. Asif Iqbal

    That’s how good Majid Khan was!
    I agree with Younis Khan at the top. A real shame he doesn't get the respect he deserves on PP.

    Also, it just goes to show who carried Misbah's team in the test series played in the UAE, yet someone in the cricketing world made them somewhat comparable by referring to the duo as "MisYou".

    Younis Khan is leagues ahead of Misbah, who was a substandard batsman against pace bowling and this is reflected by his averages in Pakistan, Australia and South Africa, where he averaged under 30 in each of these countries.

    Out of all the players who have managed to average 45+, Misbah is by far the worst test batsman of the lot.

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Javed miandad wearing pakistani army cap?

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    2,904
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Absolutely, he was sensational.

    In the County Championship in the early 1970ís every team had 4-6 overseas stars, and he was in the elite group.

    He was a fantastic batsman. In the 45 years that I have watched Pakistan cricket my ranking would be:

    1. Younis Khan
    2. Mohammad Yousuf
    3. Javed Miandad
    4. Majid Khan
    5. Inzamam
    6. Saeed Anwar
    7. Babar Azam
    8. Zaheer Abbas
    9. Saleem Malik
    10. Asif Iqbal

    Thatís how good Majid Khan was!
    Buddy I think you are underselling Asif Iqbal here. His stats may not do him justice but he made quality runs, he was a slightly inferior version of Gundappa Vishwanath IMO who himself doesn't get enough recognition in India. Many may detest Asif Iqbal for his match-fixing role, but we are talking about batting here.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    553
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its because of the weather, karachi ppl are not use to that much cold .

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    2,904
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No disrespect, but Majid Khan is one of Pakistan's greatest ever batsman? Goodness!
    Style over substance but yeah he was pretty good, I will hesitate to call him one of Pakistan's greatest, that club should be more exclusive.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    53,925
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Seriously concerned for Javed Miandad. Has he gone broke or what? Going by the picture it seems like Majid Khan is talking to the groundsman and appreciating him for a great job.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,276
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Seriously concerned for Javed Miandad. Has he gone broke or what? Going by the picture it seems like Majid Khan is talking to the groundsman and appreciating him for a great job.
    He is humble, and rich dont worry.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    4,176
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.awais View Post
    Yes, Imran Khan did drop Majid Khan and Zaheer Abbas when they were around 35 -36 years old but on the other hand, he himself went on to play till 42.

    Don't you think that the rule which he impemented on others, should also have been implemented on himself?

    If he himself played till 42 than why we keep on discussing that Misbah played till 42 and destroyed Pakistan's cricket culture whereas it has been going on since Imran Khan days.
    If there's ever a cricketer who performed until the very last game he played, it has to be Imran Khan (and Don).

    IK was averaging 50 with bat and 19 with ball. And didn't even play against weaker teams
    And in his last ODI he went up the order to face the music and prevented a probable collapse shielding Inzi

    Misbah scored 100s in 40s for goodness sake
    Last edited by WhenSultansBowled; 12th December 2019 at 18:05.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    5,062
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Absolutely, he was sensational.

    In the County Championship in the early 1970’s every team had 4-6 overseas stars, and he was in the elite group.

    He was a fantastic batsman. In the 45 years that I have watched Pakistan cricket my ranking would be:

    1. Younis Khan
    2. Mohammad Yousuf
    3. Javed Miandad
    4. Majid Khan
    5. Inzamam
    6. Saeed Anwar
    7. Babar Azam
    8. Zaheer Abbas
    9. Saleem Malik
    10. Asif Iqbal

    That’s how good Majid Khan was!
    YOur opinion but you are ranking a batsman ( Younis Khan ) on top who was a UAE king but useless in overseas conditions. Majid played great/dominating innings everywhere and against all time great fast bowlers in their own backyards, including Lillie and Thommo in Australia and West Indian pace battery in West indies. On home ground he scored a century before lunch against Richard Hadlee and co and played well against famous Indian spinners.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,668
    Mentioned
    2037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    They don't breed them like these 2 any more.

    Proper batsmen, who would put a price on their wicket.

    Legends, no doubt.



  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that Asif Iqbal was an inferior version of any cricketer. He was versatile and multi skilled than many cricketers mentioned here. He had the record and the ability to score against strong bowling attacks and specially under pressure. He never played for averages.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Absolutely, he was sensational.

    In the County Championship in the early 1970ís every team had 4-6 overseas stars, and he was in the elite group.

    He was a fantastic batsman. In the 45 years that I have watched Pakistan cricket my ranking would be:

    1. Younis Khan
    2. Mohammad Yousuf
    3. Javed Miandad
    4. Majid Khan
    5. Inzamam
    6. Saeed Anwar
    7. Babar Azam
    8. Zaheer Abbas
    9. Saleem Malik
    10. Asif Iqbal

    Thatís how good Majid Khan was!
    I think Asif Iqbal has played far more memorable and important innings for Pakistan than Salim Malik and Babar Azam and many others on the list. There were not many easy runs in his career. Under pressure alongwith Miandad he was the best. He scored centuries against the strong West Indies team in the super test as well as one day in the Kerry Packer world series.
    Babar Azam still has a fair bit to go before he can be placed ahead of Asif Iqbal.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    442
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It tells you a lot about the Great Imran Khan when he dropped a batsman of Majid Khan's stature, (who also turned out to be his cousin) due to age related decline. A true leader of men whose honesty can never be doubted on, and someone who never hesitated before taking any risk for his team.
    As mentionned by @WhenSultansBowled , he was 39 years old, a bowling all rounder who was used to bat at 6-7 throughout his glorious career, when he decided to take it on at the biggest stage of his career, while protecting the likes of Inzimam and playing a wonderful hand with the bat and fittingly taking the final wicket of the WC.

    I truly wish we could get half the player he was.

    Massive Respect.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    5,062
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing IK, it was not a surprise that he dropped his cousin Majid who was aging ( was 35 ) during England tour due to lack of form on the tour games. I never met Majid or Bazid but know the family through a friend who his close to them and as per him the relation between Majid and Imran never recovered since then. Prior to that and when IK was growing up, he was a huge fan of Majid and his style of dominating batting.

    Majid always thought he could contribute positively in that England tour with his extensive experience of English conditions and his psychological advantage over English bowlers. Otherwise Majid himself has been a very honest and dignified man. He was the first one to order wrist xrays and radiologist reports to determine the true age of under 19 cricketers . After Majid resigned from his job as CEO of PCB, that practice was also discontinued.

    I guess the honesty runs in their family. Wonder why Bazid never made a selector ?

    Majid's fathetr, Dr. Jahangir who played test for India, was my late greatuncle's class fellow at Islamia College Lahore. In 80s once I went with him to meat Dr. Jahangir at his Zaman park residence at Lahore. He was old but had very impressive personality, was definitely tall too, at least six feet. My granduncle told me Dr. Jahangir was always very straight forward and honest man. He told me Dr. Jahangir was the chief selector of Pakistan cricket team in early 60s but when his son Majid Khan started playing FC cricket and wished to play for Pakistan, Dr. Jahangir resigned from his job as selector, not to influence Majid's selection.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,276
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •