Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"I feel disappointed that I have not played a Test against India" : Yasir Shah

Pakistan leg-spinner Yasir Shah on Monday said it is “unfortunate” to have not got a chance to play red ball cricket against India since making his debut and he is now eagerly waiting to test his skills against the likes of Virat Kohli in Test matches. Shah, 33, who has 207 wickets from 37 Tests, has never played a Test against India since his Pakistan debut in 2011.

“It is unfortunate and I feel disappointed when I think about the fact that I have not played a Test against India. Even the white ball matches have been far and few against them in recent years,” he said here.

“I would like to play against them because they have some top players and for a leg-spinner it is always enjoyable when you are bowling too or getting wickets of high profile players (like Kohli),” he said.

Pakistan toured India in the winter of 2012 for a short limited over series, but the two teams have not played a Test against each other since the Mumbai terror attacks in 2008.

“You feel it at times but it is something beyond the control of players, so we can’t do anything. But yes I would love to get a chance to play a Test against them (India) soon,” Shah said.

Shah, who has struggled for wickets in his last three Tests in South Africa and Australia, defended his form, saying the pitches there are not helpful for slow bowlers.

“People are talking about my form but how many Tests have I played since I reached 200 Test wickets against New Zealand -- just three -- that too on pitches which are more ideal for batting and pacers,” he said.

Shah, who was not picked for the first Test against Sri Lanka at Rawalpindi, said the head coach and chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq had informed him earlier he was not playing because of the weather conditions.

“I was okay with the decision and I also felt it was a good idea to go down to Lahore at the National Cricket Academy and spend some time with Mushtaq Ahmed (PCB’s spin consultant). The three days he worked with me it has helped me a lot and made my mind very clear. I am now looking forward to take wickets in the second Test at Karachi,” he said.

“I think the ball is coming out much better now out of my palm and I am feeling more confident after working at the NCA with Mushtaq.”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...NydCarsHK.html

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I would say that is a great stroke of luck for Yasir Shah.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Came here to write this.

Sharma, Kohli etc would massacre him.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have gone for 500 runs a test.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    200 vs Aus, minimum 300 vs. IND guaranteed!

What an embarrassment he is. One of the worst spinners going around these days.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    200 vs Aus, minimum 300 vs. IND guaranteed!

What an embarrassment he is. One of the worst spinners going around these days.
    I'm sure when Misbah picks him he'll become "one of the best spinners going around".

When he gets dropped after that, it will be "I'm loving this bold approach with four pacers".

Given your ever changing flavour of the month, this what I call "Flip Flop Fan".

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proper leg spin is kriptonyte for this Indian batting line up. We are used to off spin and will massacare off spinners. Quality leg spin and slow left have better chance against India.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I'm sure when Misbah picks him he'll become "one of the best spinners going around".

When he gets dropped after that, it will be "I'm loving this bold approach with four pacers".

Given your ever changing flavour of the month, this what I call "Flip Flop Fan".
    Lol. Perfectly summed up.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i said before there is no replacement...i suppose Zafar Gohar has done enough to deserve a chance but thats just one season plus i personally dont think international cricket will be kind to him

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should thank God for that. Even the Great Abdul Qadir got dominated by the Indians.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current Yasir would get destroyed by india. But what about 2014-16 Yasir?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ‘Spin bowling coach in team management will be a plus point’ says Yasir

Pakistan’s leg-spinner Yasir Shah thinks that having Mushtaq Ahmed as a regular spin-bowling coach instead of a consultant will be a plus point for the team.

“If Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) can take work from him [Mushtaq] in the National Cricket Academy (NCA) then why not as a regular coach. I think it is their decision but his presence with us regularly will help us,” he said while talking in an open media session at a local hotel on Monday ahead of second and last Test between Pakistan and Sri Lanka in Karachi.

“There is no doubt that bowling coach Waqar Younis worked with me a lot. He knows the game well but as far as Mushtaq is concerned, as a spinner himself, knows things better,” Yasir added.

The leggie shared his time with Mushtaq when he was sent to NCA during the first Test in Rawalpindi. “Mushtaq worked with me. We mostly did indoor practice for three days, it was overall an opportunity to grab quickly,” he said.

On the other hand, Left-arm young pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi admits that bowling in Test cricket is difficult because they don’t often play Test cricket. He also rejected the claims against him of not bowling according to team management’s plan.

“We are not machines. Everyone makes mistakes but to say that I don’t execute the plans given by team management is wrong. I always try to play according to the plan and I think the lack of Test cricket cause problems,” he said.

Being a frontline pacer in the Test team, Afridi didn’t feel pressure and tries to take every challenge as an opportunity. “I don’t think there is any sort of pressure on me. I try to bowl on my line and lengths and I think other bowlers including Abbas, Shinwari are also experienced enough to help me,” he added.

The 16-year-old Naseem Shah, a new entrant in Pakistan’s Test team, highlighted the importance of playing U19 cricket to make an entrance in the senior’s team.

“U19 cricket is essential for a bowler’s growth. If you perform there, you get a place in the senior team,” said Shah, who has been named in Pakistan’s U19 sqaud for next month’s U19 World Cup.

While sharing his experience of working with Waqar, Shah said that the former pacer is one of those who he admires the most and having him around gives him immense opportunities to learn and grow.

“So far, working with Waqar has been a great experience for me. I think it is good exposure and I try to learn his techniques as soon as possible,” he highlighted.

It must be noted here that Pakistan and Sri Lanka have arrived in Karachi for the final Test which will commence from December 19 at National Stadium.

https://arysports.tv/spin-bowling-co...nt-says-yasir/

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    You would have gone for 500 runs a test.
    Not really kohli and India have been struggling against leg spinners lately be it afghan spinner or even zampa and adil rashid they have all troubled them

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Blessing in disguise that Yasir doesn't have to bowl to Kohli, Rohit etc otherwise there could be a few more double-hundreds for the leggie.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    Not really kohli and India have been struggling against leg spinners lately be it afghan spinner or even zampa and adil rashid they have all troubled them
    Either you are from alternate universe or I my memory isn't serving me right of late, when did Rashid, Zampa and Adil troubled India in test?

Considering test is a completely different ballgame compared to limited overs when it comes to negotiating bowlers and Yasir hardly plays ODI, one has to be utterly clueless and juvenile to bring limited overs references in a discussion strictly about test matches.
    Last edited by Hyperion66; 17th December 2019 at 03:24.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either you are from alternate universe or I my memory isn't serving me right of late, when did Rashid, Zampa and Adil troubled India in test?

Considering test is a completely different ballgame compared to limited overs when it comes to negotiating bowlers and Yasir doesn't really play ODI, one has to be utterly clueless and juvenile to bring limited overs references in a discussion strictly about test matches.
    It’s because they haven’t played against them in tests but looking at how well they play leg spin lately well only talking about kohli cause that’s the player he mentioned it’s not really hard to say that he can’t get his wicket when he’s gotten smith 7 times.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s because they haven’t played against them in tests but looking at how well they play leg spin lately well only talking about kohli cause that’s the player he mentioned it’s not really hard to say that he can’t get his wicket when he’s gotten smith 7 times.

Dude you are embarrassing yourself. You realize how ridiculous you sound right now?

On topic: Yasir on current form will be absolutely massacred.

Bhai mere tujhe bas mai hi milta hu quote karne ke liye? Even your countrymen are saying the same. reply them and shame them

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In red ball cricket, Indians play wrist spin better than finger spin.

Yasir Shah is a very fortunate man not to have played India, otherwise he would become a national disgrace.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are lucky Yasir, they love leg spin and your career is still going. If you want to extend your career better not play them.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir will bamboozle the likes of Kohli and Pujara because well... the ball is coming out of his palm better now.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pujara, Kohli, Rohit etc would eat Yasir alive.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky you. Test against current Indian team would have been your farewell test.

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ball coming out of nicely from your palm but where does it land?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let's not get carried away by Yasir's poor performance outside Asia.

In Asia, he's still very useful and specifically 1-2 years ago was a much better bowler overall.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yasir should be happy that he didn't make debut for Pakistan 10 years back lol India was playing Pakistan then. India had Sehwag.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude you are embarrassing yourself. You realize how ridiculous you sound right now?

On topic: Yasir on current form will be absolutely massacred.

Bhai mere tujhe bas mai hi milta hu quote karne ke liye? Even your countrymen are saying the same. reply them and shame them
    I am sorry but if Smith gets out to Yasir seven out of seven times than what is Kohli?

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    I am sorry but if Smith gets out to Yasir seven out of seven times than what is Kohli?
    Great bats are often troubled by lesser bowlers, no biggie. Sachin had difficulties dealing with Cronje's pies for example. Smith seemed not so comfortable against Rabada too, who Kohli handled just fine.
    Last edited by Hyperion66; 18th December 2019 at 02:05.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great bats are often troubled by lesser bowlers, no biggie. Sachin had difficulties dealing with Cronje's pies for example. Smith seemed not so comfortable against Rabada too, who Kohli handled just fine.
    Look up Yasir's record in Asia.
    In Asia, I'm sure Yasir would've troubled Kohli.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Look up Yasir's record in Asia.
    In Asia, I'm sure Yasir would've troubled Kohli.
    Probably in 2015-16 on spinning tracks, now considering Yasir's current form Kohli would eat him alive and won't even belch.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is very lucky to not have played against India. He would get destroyed.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bahahaha, owned!!!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They will end his career in one innings.

The guy has lost his potency as a deadly spinner

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir has a very convoluted view of his own ability indeed. This statement reads almost as cringeworthy as the time he held up 7 fingers in Australia.

Could be that the Sitara-e-Imtiaz has gone to his head.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet the Indian batsmen are more disappointed over not being able to face Yasir Shah.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Well said.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Players have unbelievable level of Delusion or may be just Ignorance
    Like Warner's drubbing wasnt enough this midget wants to play against no 1 test team
    Can anyone guess what would his numbers be like
    250/1 may be even 300

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shah, who was not picked for the first Test against Sri Lanka at Rawalpindi, said the head coach and chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq had informed him earlier he was not playing because of the weather conditions.

“I was okay with the decision and I also felt it was a good idea to go down to Lahore at the National Cricket Academy and spend some time with Mushtaq Ahmed (PCB’s spin consultant). The three days he worked with me it has helped me a lot and made my mind very clear. I am now looking forward to take wickets in the second Test at Karachi,” he said.
    Yeah, about that...

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And we are disappointed that you are still playing cricket.

Thank you Misbah

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir should feel fortunate that he hasn't played a Test match against us. The likes of Pujara, Kohli, and co. would rip him to shreds. Won't stand a chance anywhere in the world against our batting lineup.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 20th December 2019 at 15:00.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That India obsession tho...

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DONT WORRY YASIR Indians batsmen are probably more disappointed that they didn't get to play you.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Too much gate.

He is a talented bowler who is now low on confidence and doesn't have a father figure in that dressing room.

If Pakistan had a captain like Imran Khan today Yasir would be going strong.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Too much gate.

He is a talented bowler who is now low on confidence and doesn't have a father figure in that dressing room.

If Pakistan had a captain like Imran Khan today Yasir would be going strong.
    he is 33 and not 23 , idoes he need a father figure?

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    he is 33 and not 23 , idoes he need a father figure?
    Its not that. Not everyone matures early. Some players always need a warmth and affection. The feeling that your still lived and wanted brings the best out of some player

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Should be thankful that he doesn't play against India. Sharma and Kohli will end his career after 1 Test match.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Back in action Yasir Shah - big opportunity for him to get himself in the wickets again

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India is disappointed too.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    Should be thankful that he doesn't play against India. Sharma and Kohli will end his career after 1 Test match.
    I understand where you are coming from, but to end the career of a pakistani senior player you need more than that.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    His case for a spot in Pakistan Test side gets weaker with almost every ball he bowls.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    His case for a spot in Pakistan Test side gets weaker with almost every ball he bowls.
    And Haris Sohail's effort to remove Liton Das another nail...

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haris sohail is a better bowler than him currently.
    We need a new spinner. Yasir is done.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    From TV:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 616
Size:  17.7 KB

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Time to call it a day when you look inferior compared to a part-timer like Haris.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir is done and dusted. His confidence is shattered. Hes actually gotten worse. His fitness has gotten worse.

Zafar gohar deserved the call up. He should be in next match

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He has been struggling for a while. His selection in the playing 11 is Misbah's fault.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Bazid : "Yasir Shah not as consistent as we are used to" - which planet?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah's bowling today :

Name:  43072e4e-73bc-4ccb-940b-742010de2279.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  14.8 KB

Debut
    Jun 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a pain to watch him bowl now, wonder how many more chances he will be given....no performance in the last 10 matches or so. Indian batsmen would have beaten him black and blue given the tripe he bowls

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are lucky you haven't played more tests against BD. India is way above your pay grade Yasir.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Terrible

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not that misbah will knowing how stubborn he is to change but its time to move away from yasir

Hes been awful for a while noe

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I would rather have finger spinner than and leggy who is not sure of his radar. Especially when wickets are more suited to pacers, leggy is not a useful option in tests unless he is in extraordinary form or of high quality.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not good enough to play for the A team let alone play the lead spinner role for the national side.

What annoys me about Yasir is that if he worked hard he could have been a much better all-round cricketer. He has a fair bit of talent with the bat but the fact that he averages under 15 with the bat in tests tells you all you need to know about his work ethic.

He actually could have become a world class test all-rounder.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isnt in the top 5 spinners in sub-continent, let alone the world.

Ashwin
    Jadeja
    Lyon
    Chahal
    Kuldeep
    Dhanayan
    Sakib
    Mehdi

all bettwer than him (in no perticular order )

Yasir's pathatic form has been worrisome and even worse is that we keep playing him
    Zafar Gohar would have been a much better option...

Looks like we happy to keep a rubbish leggie rather than a decent finger spinner
    Last edited by MenInG; 7th February 2020 at 17:13.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    There are problems with his action. If I can see it then he and his mentors and coaches should be able to spot the issues.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli and Pujara would have eaten you for breakfast. Thank God that we didn't play India with you as a specialist spinner.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    There are problems with his action. If I can see it then he and his mentors and coaches should be able to spot the issues.
    I watched him v SL. Not getting through his action so the ball sits up like a pie....asking to get hit!!

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is.. sorry was a legbreak bowler. PCB already has brought Bilal Asif in the squad. Needs confidence and elderly figure absent in the team. Misbah can keep him in the squad but is too self-centered and jittery to help Yasir Shah overcome whatever problem he is having of not being able to spin the kookaburra the way he used to.

Mushtaq Ahmed was hired to help Yasir Shah in NCA, whatever came of that? Looks like it was just another excuse by PCB mafia to give another meaningless contract to Mushtaq Ahmed without producing any positive results. Shah remains the same he was in Australia
    Last edited by ZamanFan; 8th February 2020 at 02:31.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are lucky you haven't played more tests against BD. India is way above your pay grade Yasir.
    At this point in time he’s done Yasir at his peak did well against SL with Sanga and mahela so he could have done fine back then against India too

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am disappointed with Yasir's regression. He started with so much promise. Probably the lack of test matches became an impediment to his progress.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His last great series, where he was a world-class spinner, was against ENG in 2015.

He was rushed back from a back injury (spasms?) because we almost lost the 1st Test from a near impenetrable position.

He has not been the same since.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir, I am disappointed that you are still playing for the national team.

What will it take for Misbah to drop him?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Looked better in 2nd innings? Atleast a wicket to his name.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Yes Yasir you could've collected another double ton.

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people are going bit overboard with the criticism here. It's true that Yasir has been below par for sometime but that doesn't justify all the criticism and bashing he's getting here. Imo he shouldn't start in the playing XI but should definitely be in the squad. Next series is in England and he's got a decent record there as well, he has to be part of the squad for that series as well, whether he starts will depend upon the conditions and the team combination at that time. He still is best leggie in Pakistan right now, although there are some SLA bowlers who might be ahead of him based on current form but Yasir is a proven performer esp in Asian conditions and in England as well based on 2016 series and his county stint with Kent.

Also you guys are forgetting that Yasir was never good in first innings, he isn't even decent when it comes to the first innings of a Test match, as the graphic showed today, he has taken only 36 wickets at an avg of 52 in first innings. 61 in second innings at 32, 59 in third innings at 25 and 54 in fourth innings at 22. These stats make it all clear that Yasir is more and more lethal as pitches wear out.
    Personally i wouldn't select him on tours to NZ, SA and AUS, he has been terrible in these places and his age suggests it might be too late for him to make changes in his bowling so that he can be successful in these places but apart from that he has to be part of the squad without any doubt.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    4 wickets for Yasir Shah - which will do good for his confidence.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Still bowled lots of rubbish. If he plays in England our bowlers will be massively overworked

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Four wickets vs BD.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its really a big disppointment for fans from both sides being deprived of such games. But I feel India's extreme stance is quite vulgar