Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse View Post
    Should play with yasir so that two spinners turning ball in opposite direction as opposed to same direction
    Yasir will play it just depends who his spin partner will be

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Certain posters didn't want to see him selected even though he's statistically the best spinner in the last 2 editions, just because he doesn't "look threatening"
    He looks more threatening than Nauman anyway

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To be very honest he's an extremely ordinary spinner. Nauman is much better although he is 5-6 years older than Sajid.

Sajid bowls too slow for a spinner and has a miserable action for an off-spinner. I would be more than happy if he proves me wrong but I dont anything special in his bowling

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going by videos , he is no muck with the bat as well and can spin the ball as well... i know he is SUPPOSED to spin given he is a spinner but it is something that is missing in PAk spinners...

love his attitude and aggression.. maybe something he can translate into his performance. he can be ideal weapon in all conditions ...

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I rate him very highly just because of his ability to wreck havoc and bundle opposition out for cheap scores , I don't even know why he is highly successful, from naked eye he doesn't even look special but something is working for him.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Karachi: Uncapped off-spinner Sajid Khan has full confidence in his abilities and is positive of deceiving batsman without bowling ‘Doosra’.

The 27-year-old Sajid, who has been named in the 20-member squad for South Africa Tests, revealed Mohammad Hafeez and Saqlain Mushtaq as his role models.

“My goal from U16 cricket was to become an off-spinner who can dominate without bowling doosra. We have a few examples in Nathan Lyon and Graeme Swann who deceives batters with their variations,” he said while talking to reporters in a virtual presser.

“I look to Mohammad Hafeez as a role model and Saqlain Bhai as an off-spinner. I also watch videos of Lyon and Swann but mostly Hafeez and Saqlain are my role models,” he revealed.

Sajid has no worries if he is not named in the last 16 for the first Test as he feels that being named in the 20-member squad is itself a big thing for him and his family.

ARY

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    He is a proper off-spinner

Very good stock ball and arm ball is nice too.

Action is very clean. Some shades of Greame swann in his action
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    To be very honest he's an extremely ordinary spinner. Nauman is much better although he is 5-6 years older than Sajid.

Sajid bowls too slow for a spinner and has a miserable action for an off-spinner. I would be more than happy if he proves me wrong but I dont anything special in his bowling
    Um, what changed ?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Has an ugly, frog in a blender type action but given his FC record in the past two seasons he earned a callup.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Um, what changed ?
    Watched him throughout the season. Initially looked decent but clearly there are issues with pace with which he bowls at action doesnt generate enough momentum

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sajid getting some one-on-one training with Saqlain Mushtaq

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking at the video I am afraid he is going to be reported for suspected action pretty soon.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LoL what was Saqlain teaching him? He keeps bowling off break throughout the video which I believe he already knows how to.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imranyounus View Post
    looking at the video I am afraid he is going to be reported for suspected action pretty soon.
    I didn't find anything wrong though , I rate him really highly , he is a right successor to Yasir in tests ,

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Saad View Post
    I didn't find anything wrong though , I rate him really highly , he is a right successor to Yasir in tests ,
    Same i just like his action and think he can become dangerous, I would really like to trial him in t20s and to add the boy can bat.

Only thing I will say is that he did get tonked a little in the practise games, however success comes with time and experience.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his normal action looks pretty clean. but looking at the video when saqlain is trying to tinker with his wrist position and rotation it looks like he is putting some extra spin which gives a feeling of a like kink. I do hope he remains clean.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the twin attack of Nauman and Sajid in the Zim tests. I do hope for Yasir to slot back in during the home tests and whenever there is a series in WI/England.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Took 6-28 against Balochistan today to help KP win the QeA match by 145 runs.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sajid Khan 4/54 for KPK vs Northern in the QeA Final.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    4 more wickets in the second innings for Sajid, on the verge of winning the QeA Trophy for KPK.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He finishes 5/33 from 13.2 overs, 9 wickets in the match.