Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah's real test begins when Pakistan tours England. However, he has done well so far. He should get some credits.

Bangladeshi Fan || [B]

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Pakistan, as I predicted in an earlier thread, has benefited hugely from playing 2 Test series.

Each win over Bangladesh and Sri Lanka earns 60 points.

But in 5 Test series like England played against Australia, each win only earns 24 points, and in 4 Test series a win only earns 30 points.

Pakistan is the equivalent of a rising boxer inflating his ranking by knocking out obese Mexican roadsweepers.

I repeat, Australia earned 48 points for winning 2 Away Tests in England.

Pakistan earned 120 points for defeating pathetic Bangladesh and Sri Lanka teams in 2 Home Test matches.
    Last edited by Junaids; 12th February 2020 at 11:19.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Junaids, what's even more worrying is that pathetic SL team whitewashed Pakistan last time we met.

In Tests.

At our home.

That darkness is at least over. We can only play what's in front of us and are only going to get better from here.

Test team was in the ruins, thanks to Mickey Arthur.

It's not become number 1 again. Not there yet. A few years journey ahead to become top 2-3 again.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Pakistan, as I predicted in an earlier thread, has benefited hugely from playing 2 Test series.

But in 5 Test series like England played against Australia, each win only earns 24 points, and in 4 Test series a win only earns 30 points.

Pakistan is the equivalent of a rising boxer inflating his ranking by knocking out obese Mexican roadsweepers.

Pakistan earned 120 points for defeating pathetic Bangladesh and Sri Lanka teams in 2 Home Test matches.
    Each series has a total value of 120 points so they obviously have to divide 120 by the number of matches played in the series.

Australia also got 120 points for trashing us in 2 matches at home.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    @Junaids, what's even more worrying is that pathetic SL team whitewashed Pakistan last time we met.

In Tests.

At our home.

That darkness is at least over. We can only play what's in front of us and are only going to get better from here.

It's not become number 1 again. Not there yet. A few years journey ahead to become top 2-3 again.

Mickey Arthur gave us Babar Azam. Misbah ul Haq was his first PSL captain and dropped him from the whole PSL after first 2 matches played on rank turners. Such is they eye for talent Misbah has.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In Tests.

At our home.

And SL D whitewashed us (no.1 in T20) in our own ground where Micky's team whitewashed Full strength SL.
    Also if Herath was the difference between that test whitewash. If he was there we would be whitewashed again more miserably in our ground than UAE.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pakistan drew the first test against Sri Lanka due to the ridiculous decision to hold a match in Rawalpindi in December, so having a short series against them was a massive disadvantage for Pakistan.

Against Bangladesh, in all honesty, Pakistan would be likely to get 120 points regardless of the number of matches

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, but we should be thanking and heaping praise upon Misbah cos we forgot what victory tastes like and should be doing bhangra now. Hope you got your dancing shoes on @Junaids.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    And SL D whitewashed us (no.1 in T20) in our own ground where Micky's team whitewashed Full strength SL.
    Also if Herath was the difference between that test whitewash. If he was there we would be whitewashed again more miserably in our ground than UAE.
    Pak whitewashed them in ODIs. In Tests.

But no, you're gonna cry over a meaningless bilateral T20 where there was also experimentation. You really have a hate agenda dude.

I still remember you praying Pak to lose haha. And you had made a commitment to change your hate if Pak manages to beat SL.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems some "so called" fans are not happy with Pakistan winning.

They would have been quick to criticise had we lost against SL and Bang in the tests but are dismissing the victory.

As for 2 test series , that's not Pakistan's fault. The only thing they can do is take advantage of the scenario and defeat who ever is put in front of them.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Spot on.
    @Kroll, @Shafi and @Markhor were very satisfied when we kept losing Tests, even at home. Heck, it was under Mickey that our unbeatable streak was broken at home. Our fortress was breached.

Now that the team is reversing that trend and on a winning trajectory again, even winning by dominating others, the argument is "but but but we did bad in AUS!! HOW!?!".

I think these people are very well aware that our outing in AUS was normal. As expected. Much stronger Pak teams have done way worse and gotten whitewashed in Aus. By this logic, we've never been a decent Test team. This was also the new management's first ever Test series. Debutants in bowling too.

But of course, this argument will be brought up to suit some agendas.

Getting back on the winning streak and dominating teams suddenly isn't satisfactory.

Being better than Mickey Arthur era isn't enough now! And this is coming from Arthur defenders.
    Misbah fans seem to have reading issues. I said "It's not that we lost in Australia, but the manner of defeat and how we failed to compete that's galling."

In most of our previous tours to Australia we were at least competitive in one of the Tests. This time we produced our WORST bowling performance since achieving Test status when you look at our series average. Why ? Misbah and Waqar thought it a good idea to debut two rookies and drag 32 year old Imran Khan along. They persisted with Yasir Shah despite averaging 90 in Southern Hemisphere.

Meanwhile, although I don't hold bilateral T20s in high regard, we're a year away from the World Cup and our team is in shambles. We were whitewashed by Sri Lanka D and Australia. And what's Misbah's bright idea ? Recall duck king Umar Akmal and dot king Ahmed Shehzad (credit to Shafi), and revive careers of Mohammed Hafeez and Shoaib Malik despite horrible records in Australia.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pak whitewashed them in ODIs. In Tests.

But no, you're gonna cry over a meaningless bilateral T20 where there was also experimentation. You really have a hate agenda dude.

I still remember you praying Pak to lose haha. And you had made a commitment to change your hate if Pak manages to beat SL.
    So win 1 test out of 2 is considered as whitewash?
    I never pray for loose.
    Since when T20 became useless? By your logic ICC should ban T20 World Cup.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While @Hawkeye and his buddies were very satisfied that Misbah was taking the ODI side to no.9 in the rankings and having absolutely decimated it.

Genuine Pakistan fans rejoiced when Misbah finally retired and Sarfraz went onto lift Champions Trophy with a resurgence in the side.

The Hawkster would be weeping and wailing and kicking doors at this unbelievable success while the true supporters had renewed hope.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Genuine Pakistan fans rejoiced when Misbah finally retired and Sarfraz went onto lift Champions Trophy with a resurgence in the side.
    I guess every Pak fan enjoyed the CT17 and still cherish the memories but not so much what went afterwards. Maybe players and captain got complacent

- Lost ODI series 5-0 in NZ, had a really mediocre Asia Cup
    - Got whitewashed in tests vs Srl by poor planning
    - Lost home test series against NZ which should have been won,
    - Played a pretty one sided test series vs SA and lost ODI series to SA 3-2 which could have been won considering the position Pak was in
    - Then Sarfaraz was rested and experiments took place for ODI series vs Aus and some horrible selections and decision making made it a 0-5 loss to Aus.
    - Then Sarfaraz returned and than horrible series against Eng before the WC took place in which Pak lost the T20 series 1-0 and ODI series 4-0. - Started WC horribly by loosing against WI and Malik was played over Haris for next few matches before Haris coming back in and proving that he should have been persisted with.

Ofcourse these things can happen with other coaches and captains as well but that is generally considered as the time to move on.

I guess every genuine Pak fan wanted for Mickey, Inzi and Sarfaraz to do their job well and for Pak to win matches unfortunately that didnt happen, so just like any other competitive sport changes took place.

Secondly as I have said before, Misbah as a coach should be given sometime before we can pass any judgement. Structure and Pakistan's cricket scenario was completely different 2015 and backwards to 2010.
    Last edited by Titan24; 14th February 2020 at 00:12.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My serious question to all Misbah supporters; how can you support the man after he was on the sub committee to fire Arthur?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    My serious question to all Misbah supporters; how can you support the man after he was on the sub committee to fire Arthur?
    Valid question. Firstly I am a supporter of Pak team as always have been and I can have views or develop certain views regarding coaches and captains based upon tactics and performances just like others but that doesnt effect my support towards Pak team at all. Supported Mickey and Sarf combo as well till the time they were doing a decent job and same will be the case with current combo.

Coming to the question it was PCB who I guess was late as usual in deciding that Misbah is also a head coach candidate after putting him into that sub committee. Somebody else could and should have made the decision to fire Mickey to avoid conflict of interest. So definitely the procedure could have been better but I doubt the fate if Mickey would have been any different considering the results that Pak produced under him post CT 17.

Also I think it was PCB who was really keen on having Misbah the way they have gone out of the way to appoint him and gave him two positions. So I dont think we can blame Misbah for the process when PCB is the one who decides the process including the sub committees. Through whatever process PCB decided Misbah is now the head coach and just like any other coach he should be judged upon performance.
    Last edited by Titan24; 14th February 2020 at 01:18.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Valid question. Firstly I am a supporter of Pak team as always have been and I can have views or develop certain views regarding coaches and captains based upon tactics and performances just like others but that doesnt effect my support towards Pak team at all. Supported Mickey and Sarf combo as well till the time they were doing a decent job and same will be the case with current combo.

Coming to the question it was PCB who I guess was late as usual in deciding that Misbah is also a head coach candidate after putting him into that sub committee. Somebody else could and should have made the decision to fire Mickey to avoid conflict of interest. So definitely the procedure could have been better but I doubt the fate if Mickey would have been any different considering the results that Pak produced under him post CT 17.

Also I think it was PCB who was really keen on having Misbah the way they have gone out of the way to appoint him and gave him two positions. So I dont think we can blame Misbah for the process when PCB is the one who decides the process including the sub committees. Through whatever process PCB decided Misbah is now the head coach and just like any other coach he should be judged upon performance.
    That is all fine but the blame cannot solely fall on the PCBís shoulders.

Misbah, even if he was told that he was the next coach, should have declined to be part of that subcommittee.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah, even if he was told that he was the next coach, should have declined to be part of that subcommittee.
    If one thinks as an idealist than maybe. However, Its too much to expect from anybody to leave a high profile role who he is being offered because he thinks that the process had conflict of interest even when the organization who is offering the role doesnt think so.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is all fine but the blame cannot solely fall on the PCB’s shoulders.

He was never going to decline, he's a greedy, egocentric dictator who couldn't wait to get his hands on the hefty pay cheques.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Dark era feels

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Dark era feels
    Another dark era. Waiting for the light at the end of tunnel.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark, dark era.

I have never been this much disappointed by the team.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan cricket has especially been horrible to watch post 2017 if you ask me.

Even though mediocre,.I still think we did better in around 2010-17. (Looking at the past decade)

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Never been this disinterested in my 15 years of watching.

Don't care anymore.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been a series of unforgiveable and really blatant errors which prove that he is not equipped to lead. This is just off the top of my head, people may add more:

1. Failure to exploit the same weakness England did vs Warner in the Australian series
    2. Failed to bowl short to Woakes/Buttler and cost Pakistan the 1st test
    3. Was conducting fitness tests with Amir and time wasted to the point he could no longer bowl.

This isn't the hallmark of a coach. This is a blueprint for a guy who doesn't know what he's doing.

Wasim Khan also needs to be in the firing line for giving a guy with no experience such ridiculous responsibility.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We hated Mamoon for this, but he was right all along. Our team bar a few talents is mediocre to the core. We can't compete against top five ranked teams.

If we bat well they will outdo us on that flat track and if we bowl well then our bats will collapse on that wicket. In the past we at the least had a world class bowling attack making us competitive in the limited overs format, but now it looks really bleak for us.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    There have been a series of unforgiveable and really blatant errors which prove that he is not equipped to lead. This is just off the top of my head, people may add more:

1. Failure to exploit the same weakness England did vs Warner in the Australian series
    2. Failed to bowl short to Woakes/Buttler and cost Pakistan the 1st test
    3. Was conducting fitness tests with Amir and time wasted to the point he could no longer bowl.

This isn't the hallmark of a coach. This is a blueprint for a guy who doesn't know what he's doing.

Wasim Khan also needs to be in the firing line for giving a guy with no experience such ridiculous responsibility.
    How much power does Wasim Khan really have? I feel it wouldn't have made a difference if there had been a Wasim Khan or an Intikhab Alam. Some people at the top wanted Misbah.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bowling line up sucks, but thats misbahs fault

Logic

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also when Misbah-ul-Haq was asking the fielders to stay on the edge of the circle, is Misbahs fault.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    We hated Mamoon for this, but he was right all along. Our team bar a few talents is mediocre to the core. We can't compete against top five ranked teams.

If we bat well they will outdo us on that flat track and if we bowl well then our bats will collapse on that wicket. In the past we at the least had a world class bowling attack making us competitive in the limited overs format, but now it looks really bleak for us.
    The scary thing is I don't know how we get out of this funk. We can sack Misbah but even under a professional coach like Mickey, who I strongly backed, we went on a long losing run and struggled against top sides in bilateral series.

We're not producing enough quality batsmen, spinners or decent captains. The pacers are currently living off hype and past glories, and the ones with potential have technical issues that neither they nor the coaches in our setup know how to fix. I doubt we can hire top coaches because of Covid, afford a top coach, or even if one was interested whether they'd want to shift their family to Pakistan.

Restructuring domestic cricket was a good move, but the same Pakistani coaches are there.

Our broadcast deal will undoubtedly be smaller than last time because there won't be any India series, which means we cannot pump investment into academies or facilities like the Big 3 can with their huge television deals.

Nor do we have a professional setup like New Zealand, who while not as financially strong as the Big 3, is a first world country that doesn't have the same cultural baggage of seniority worship and toxic media like we do.

I don't know what we can do.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Dark era feels
    Much needed bump indeed. Beat me to it in Drogba style ;)

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morgan is on the roids

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No shame in losing today. England have 360 degree batsmen who hit balls left, right and centre for six. You need at least 220 to be confident of defending a total against them.

It's admirable how they've revamped their white ball cricket after their failings at the 2015 WC. Meanwhile Pakistan have brought in Misbah whose the worst guy possible to help improve our own white ball cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No shame in losing today. England have 360 degree batsmen who hit balls left, right and centre for six. You need at least 220 to be confident of defending a total against them.

It's admirable how they've revamped their white ball cricket after their failings at the 2015 WC. Meanwhile Pakistan have brought in Misbah whose the worst guy possible to help improve our own white ball cricket.
    That's not the point. Losing against Eng is no shame.

The problem is that bar a few wins in a ICC tournament we just cannot beat a top five ranked team. It's been a serious issue since 2017.

Our players are not up to it and our coaches can't get them to that level. Seems a structural issue and one we can't solve over night. The upcoming tour against NZ will be the same.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The scary thing is I don't know how we get out of this funk. We can sack Misbah but even under a professional coach like Mickey, who I strongly backed, we went on a long losing run and struggled against top sides in bilateral series.

We're not producing enough quality batsmen, spinners or decent captains. The pacers are currently living off hype and past glories, and the ones with potential have technical issues that neither they nor the coaches in our setup know how to fix. I doubt we can hire top coaches because of Covid, afford a top coach, or even if one was interested whether they'd want to shift their family to Pakistan.

Restructuring domestic cricket was a good move, but the same Pakistani coaches are there.

Our broadcast deal will undoubtedly be smaller than last time because there won't be any India series, which means we cannot pump investment into academies or facilities like the Big 3 can with their huge television deals.

Nor do we have a professional setup like New Zealand, who while not as financially strong as the Big 3, is a first world country that doesn't have the same cultural baggage of seniority worship and toxic media like we do.

It's a structural problem and one we cannot solve overnight just like you mentioned. For too long we relied on a few players to get us out of the mess, but they retired and world cricket improved even further. As a result we are very behind compared to other top five ranked teams.

There is no short term solution. Pak has reformed its domestic set up, but we need professional coaches, curators, managers and some other known international foreign names at our NCA. We need proper coaches and not some big names who give advice on the basis of their international experience. Then we might see some serious players form 3-4 years on.

The problem is not talent, the issue is nurturing that talent and getting it ready for International cricket. There is a huge difference between a Pakistani talent from the QeT trophy and an English talent from the county circuit. That difference needs to be eliminated.
    Last edited by Prince of Pakistan; 31st August 2020 at 00:32.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    That's not the point. Losing against Eng is no shame.

The problem is that bar a few wins in a ICC tournament we just cannot beat a top five ranked team. It's been a serious issue since 2017.

Our players are not up to it and our coaches can't get them to that level. Seems a structural issue and one we can't solve over night. The upcoming tour against NZ will be the same.
    As much as I hate to admit it, we should all accept and embrace mediocrity as far as this cricket side is concerned.

As you say, things aren't going to get any better any time soon and it will be good for our sanity.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I hate to admit it, we should all accept and embrace mediocrity as far as this cricket side is concerned.

As you say, things aren't going to get any better any time soon and it will be good for our sanity.
    Cricket is going the hockey way. Difference being that cricket is our only popular sport and the PCB + GOVT will be grilled by the Pakistani media.

Either we somehow accept our mediocrity or there will be some drastic changes at grass root level.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post

Forgot to mention: school cricket.

Need that back again. We need people with a higher IQ in our cricket who can handle pressure instead of having a brain ****.

School cricket gave us cricketers like Imran Khan, Majid Khan etc.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah strategy so far in T20s has been the biggest flop.
    1)) His first assignment as a coach dropped Hafiz and Malik which we all appreciated but brought two constant failures in the side Shahzad and Umar Akmal.. and then media took the charge, if he had to play youngsters then Umar and Shahzad were never needed as they were not youngsters at all and failed miserably im their previous comeback
    2)) against Australia he had to make up for the blunders he made earlier and Sarfaraz was scapegoat this time, believe me Sarfo performance definitely was not up to the mark but Misbah had to save himself here, brought back 38 years old Irfan and new rovkie Musa khan with no Hafeez and Malik while Babar took the charge, here we found that Hafeez and Malik will not come back and backed youngsters but Misbah plans were to save Malik and Hafeez , everyone knew they will fail badly In Australia.

3 )) Bangladesh series and TTF Malik and Hafeez are back to cash on weak team, Misbah went against his own strategy and filled the team with Oldoes along with Ifti and Wahab. This was the biggest U-turn, he took and he had to pay.

4))) Here Misbah has no choice against England, losing with experienced side having 4 players over 35 in his playing eleven and 6 players over 30, he can not say this was young team and he has made a trap for himself, he lacks direction, taking media pressure and With no future planing he is just going for short term releif. Sorry Misbah but you are not someone who should be taking 30 lak per month. Micaky Arthur even using Hussain Talat , few more youngsters like Faheem and Shaheen won matches everywhere but you can not extract performance if you pad up yourself even, you are not fit for job, .
    Fans has to live with his mediocrity and loser mentality.pak may bot be a worldclass team but with this rate we will be minnows in all formats.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It does indeed feel great, oh wait....

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Misbah but no thanks...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I genuinely don't get what OP sees in Misbah to think he will be a good coach.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread title fits well with how things feel right now. Losing has become a common occurrence. Its been a while to know what a win feels like.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly different topic: How is the dressing room under Misbah? How do players feel in the dressing room? Is he too strict?

I feel that inspite of terrible losses, Shastri keeps the Indian dressing room relaxed and seemingly cheerful (well, he is a self-proclaimed cheerleader after-all), although there are rumours of rift between Kohli and Rohit. There is also an alpha-male problem with Virat; everyone is in the shadow of his personality, but otherwise they seem ok.

The SENA teams (especially NZ and Eng) understandably look most relaxed and cheerful. SA is in a bit of turmoil regarding the quota issue and financial situation and Australian dressing room is a hyper-competitive war-room but they thrive in that environment and it works for them. I would personally love to be in the NZ dressing room.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    Slightly different topic: How is the dressing room under Misbah? How do players feel in the dressing room? Is he too strict?

I feel that inspite of terrible losses, Shastri keeps the Indian dressing room relaxed and seemingly cheerful (well, he is a self-proclaimed cheerleader after-all), although there are rumours of rift between Kohli and Rohit. There is also an alpha-male problem with Virat; everyone is in the shadow of his personality, but otherwise they seem ok.

The SENA teams (especially NZ and Eng) understandably look most relaxed and cheerful. SA is in a bit of turmoil regarding the quota issue and financial situation and Australian dressing room is a hyper-competitive war-room but they thrive in that environment and it works for them. I would personally love to be in the NZ dressing room.
    I believe its a pretty good question.

Thing is as you have said, despite lack of experience and much track record Shastri seems like a pretty chilled up guy and someone who is good enough to motivate, lift the team when things are down and taking players into that mental zone where they thing they are good enough to deliver performances at international level. I am pretty sure it was one of the reasons Kohli wanted him as the head coach. Add decent supporting staff like Bahrat Arun and co who can work on the technical and planning side of the things, it turns out to be a decent backroom staff.

On the contrary Misbah not only lacks experience rather he has always appeared as someone who doesnt have much people skills or personality to motivate the team or create environment where players are confident of themselves. So he is neither bringing in experience, track record, tactics and understanding of game as someone like Travis Baylis, Gary Kirsten or Andy Flower for example, who understand what they have to do to achieve the targets and optimal results without relying too much on emotions nor he is someone like Ravi Shastri who has what it takes to motivate the team, lift the players to get them into that zone where they actually believe that they can deliver at international level.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Even Saj bhai and Mening bhai would be thinking about quitting PP after seeing such a thread.
    Misbah is a curse thats not leaving Pakistan team.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lmaooo

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thereís a few things Misbah done that I applaud him for but thereís a a lot of things that he done which makes me pull my hair out.

Pos:- Dropped Sarfaraz as captain and batsman.

- Brought Umar Akmal back into the team.

- Dropped Asad Shafiq

Neg:- Backed Masood who canít buy a run since his fluke century in England.

- Dropped Umar Akmal after 1 series.

- Let Sami Aslam go abroad whilst picking openers who are at the end of their careers.

- Dropped Amir because he wasnít available for tests.

- played an inexperienced 17 year old in 3 difficult away tours.

- played a spinner in the second test when you have Fawad and Haris as part timers.

- Continues to pick Shaheen Afridi for every game in every series regardless of opposition.

- Doesnít trust Musa Khan yet he continues to bring him on every tour. Musa Khan couldíve played domestic cricket, he canít even get into the Shaheens team.

I can go on and on with the negatives.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. In which case, Misbah (or any coach, for that matter) should at least pick one of the routes (1. having supreme game awareness or 2. being the chief motivator) to make the players feel encouraged and succeed on the cricket ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    I believe its a pretty good question.

Thing is as you have said, despite lack of experience and much track record Shastri seems like a pretty chilled up guy and someone who is good enough to motivate, lift the team when things are down and taking players into that mental zone where they thing they are good enough to deliver performances at international level. I am pretty sure it was one of the reasons Kohli wanted him as the head coach. Add decent supporting staff like Bahrat Arun and co who can work on the technical and planning side of the things, it turns out to be a decent backroom staff.

On the contrary Misbah not only lacks experience rather he has always appeared as someone who doesnt have much people skills or personality to motivate the team or create environment where players are confident of themselves. So he is neither bringing in experience, track record, tactics and understanding of game as someone like Travis Baylis, Gary Kirsten or Andy Flower for example, who understand what they have to do to achieve the targets and optimal results without relying too much on emotions nor he is someone like Ravi Shastri who has what it takes to motivate the team, lift the players to get them into that zone where they actually believe that they can deliver at international level.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In Pakistan's entire history, Pakistan had never beaten SA in SA. Imran, Wasim, Miandad et. al., ALL FAILED.

We did it for the first time in 2013, with Misbah as the captain.

Now did it for the 2nd time in 2021, with Misbah as the coach!

Back on track!

The dark Mickey Arthur era is over.

Winning Tests.
    Winning even overseas ODI series!

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lmao, we lost to Zimbabwe at home when Misbah was doing the selections, things have been looking better since Mohammad Wasim has taken over.

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In Pakistan's entire history, Pakistan had never beaten SA in SA. Imran, Wasim, Miandad et. al., ALL FAILED.

We did it for the first time in 2013, with Misbah as the captain.

Now did it for the 2nd time in 2021, with Misbah as the coach!

Back on track!

The dark Mickey Arthur era is over.

Winning Tests.
    Winning even overseas ODI series!
    Imran Khan never toured South Africa. How he "Failed" to beat SA in SA.

Pyaray bhai, now a days everything is available on internet, at least do some research before posting.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Lmao, we lost to Zimbabwe at home when Misbah was doing the selections, things have been looking better since Mohammad Wasim has taken over.
    Yep, it just goes to show that PCB underestimated these roles and thought one person can do all. Credit to M. Wasim and credit to him even more for giving time to media regarding some exclusion and inclusions.

This is not just Misbah's victory but everyone involved.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Lmao, we lost to Zimbabwe at home
    Hm, so you expect any captain, coach, Prime Minister, President, etc. to start delivering from day one in the office?

How cute. You got a great understanding of things.

That was the first/first few series with nothing planned and no time to make teams, tactics etc.

Now you're seeing the results. We're winning Tests, even ODIs away and making history. Every person needs some time to settle and start delivering.

And he's delivering.

Why become so blind in hatred?

And
    @Kaddy,

Ok, how about - becoming the first Asian side to beat SA in SA? We did that in 2013. ;)

And again second time in ODIs, the captain who head achieved this feat, now did it again as a coach.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credit should be given to wasim and the whole management team it was a joint effort

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should not be overjoyed or take too much credit by beating a weak SA team, I think even BD would have beaten them .

And we won it in spite of Misbah and not due to Misbah. We have lost too many matches and series due to Misbah .

Misbah tried his best to lose this one also by playing Sarfraz and not Haider in playing eleven.

Snatching gloves from one of the best keeper in the work and giving to pathetic Sarfraz was outrageous, but what else you can expect from this guy.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    We should not be overjoyed or take too much credit by beating a weak SA team, I think even BD would have beaten them .

And we won it in spite of Misbah and not due to Misbah. We have lost too many matches and series due to Misbah .

Misbah tried his best to lose this one also by playing Sarfraz and not Haider in playing eleven.

Snatching gloves from one of the best keeper in the work and giving to pathetic Sarfraz was outrageous, but what else you can expect from this guy.
    That was babar decision to play sarfraz.