Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 217
  1. #81
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,074
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    Firstly congrats to the Pakistan team and the public. It's great to win anytime, especially for a team in transition, like Misbah's Pakistan.

    I'd like to take a slightly measured tone to this victory, somewhere between @Hawkeye 's giddy optimism and @Mamoon 's tiresome negativity.

    This is an impressive win for sure. Many positives have come out here, especially for the bowling attack including:

    1) The emergence of Nasim Shah as a test option. The confidence gained from the 5 wicket haul will spur him on to becoming a mainstay in the side, InshAllah. Just needs to concentrate on cutting out the semi-regular boundary balls that he bowls. Whilst some of these are due to searching for swing, there are also those where he strays in line. Again, this is very fixable.

    2) Shaheen Shah Afridi is now bowling in test cricket with a sense of responsibility, despite being so young. This shows maturity and indicates that, if he continues on this path, in 2 years time he will be the unquestioned spearhead of Pakistan's attack. Some may say he's already there, but the England tour will demonstrate if that's the case.

    3)Mohammed Abbas showed signs of getting back into rhythm. His county stint will further help in that, and hopefully we get the best Abbas in England.

    4) Despite the negativity around Yasir Shah, there were signs in this match that he's (albeit slowly) beginning to get his rhythm and his test length back. Despite Shah's lack of wickets, he also brings to the table a positive energy, work ethic and fighting spirit that are SO beneficial in a team environment. InshAllah once he comes good (InshAllah he will again), it will greatly help the team.

    Batting wise, very refreshing to see Abid Ali cement his place on the team. The jury will remain out on Azhar and Shafiq until they get relevant scores overseas. Shan Masood remains a conundrum, in that you feel Pakistan can do better, but are there any standout replacements? Imam's issues with the short ball remain, whilst Sami Aslam has to strengthen his mentality.

    Haris Sohail's form remains an issue, and along with Shan, feels the most under the microscope. Fawad Alam is waiting in the wings.

    Babar on the other hand is Babar, and InshAllah long may it continue.

    Regarding the rest of it, one feels that Misbah is still searching to fully develop his own selection policies. His squads thus far have been somewhat predictable with a couple of interesting/puzzling selections. This series and hopefully the Bangladesh one will help him determine the core of the Test side.

    He still has issues with the limited overs squad selection. However, the one thing he does have is a rich squad of quick for every format. It will be crucial that he manages them well, picking certain bowlers for certain formats. I look forward to doing a separate, detailed post on this subject, including looking at specific names.
    Good and balanced post, brother! One thing I'm liking is Misbah isn't afraid to experiment. The all-pace attack strategy, taking young bowlers to SA, then debuting Abid, Riz, Shinwari. Quickly dropping Imran Khan and Ifti from Tests. I'm also kind of liking his backing for Haris Sohail, he at least knows his talent/potential.

    Good times ahead.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,124
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    I remember we defeated AUS in a series just one year ago

    What drama is this?
    Micky would have done far better if Inzi selected players with merit instead of being dis-honest and bias. He had some good selection along with some terrible selection as well.
    Last edited by Shafi; 23rd December 2019 at 14:02.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,074
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Micky would have done far better if Inzi selects players with merit instead of being dis-honest and bias. He had some good selection along with some terrible selection as well.
    You mean, like backing Malik, taking him to the World Cup, playing him in the XI over our best batsman Haris Sohail?

    Calm down. We started losing tests at home under him, SL whitewashed us. The AUS C side with no Warner & Smith, was able to win a Test match as well. Came close to winning the series.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    1,923
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great thread. This victory was necessary for Misbah and Azhar to get some breathing space. Just hope they can continue to rebuild the team and take us to bigger heights in the next 3 years.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,049
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So all the credit for this victory goes to Misbah, then what about all the responsibility for the previous defeats?

    Or do Misbah fans have a rule that Misbah is exempt from being held responsible for defeats but is given all the credit in the world for victories?

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,074
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    So all the credit for this victory goes to Misbah, then what about all the responsibility for the previous defeats?

    Or do Misbah fans have a rule that Misbah is exempt from being held responsible for defeats but is given all the credit in the world for victories?
    Well that is exactly my point. A group of hate mongers here held Misbah responsible for every bad thing happening. He was the reason of our Aus series loss, despite knowing we would have lost no matter who was the coach or selector. It was also the first ever Test series for the new management.

    So, by that account, this win, which everyone claimed would be impossible, is due to him too, no?

    A balanced approach would be to say it's not only because of Misbah. He gave the right players and devised the right strategy for these conditions with a good pace attack focus instead of spin. Debuted good players.

    Players were the main contributors on the field and it's as much credit to them. I think even you acknowledge how tactically inept and poor we had become under Mickey Arthur.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    470
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Get it right. Celebrating a return to cricket in AND a Test series win in front of a home crowd. Is there something wrong with that? Are you not happy that the public was able to witness this?
    You just proved me right. The fact that our public got the opportunity to witness Test Cricket in Pakistan after 10 years should be celebrated.

    However, here it looks like we are more keen to celebrate the victory as some kind of achievement for Misbah.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    107
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I am not negative or positive. Things are what they are. Pakistan is a pathetic team and I am not happy about it.

    Beating the likes of Sri Lanka mean nothing when you donít have the quality to be a top 3 Test side. Besides, India fans hardly care about beating Sri Lanka at home because their aim is to be beat all sides.

    Our fans are in the clouds after beating Sri Lanka because it one of the few teams that we can actually beat. That is the difference.
    What a miserable clown. Pakistan won against Australia last year, England haven't beaten us in a series since 2010. The thing is that we can beat any team in Pakistan, but yeah keep crying fluke master.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,074
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waleed93 View Post
    You just proved me right. The fact that our public got the opportunity to witness Test Cricket in Pakistan after 10 years should be celebrated.

    However, here it looks like we are more keen to celebrate the victory as some kind of achievement for Misbah.
    After all the hate one single guy received in his first ever Test series as a coach/selector, surely he could get some praise as well for turning things around so quickly.

    In a series people were claiming we'll lose and actually wishing we lose so they can satisfy their hate for one single guy. And this SL side had whitewashed us last time, beat SA in SA.

    Cricket is on the right path moving forward, that's what matters.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    15,914
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot could be said about this series win.

    But to aptly some up the posters in this thread.

    "Two men looked out the prison walls, one saw the mud the other saw the stars".


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  11. #91
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    2,289
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waleed93 View Post
    You just proved me right. The fact that our public got the opportunity to witness Test Cricket in Pakistan after 10 years should be celebrated.

    However, here it looks like we are more keen to celebrate the victory as some kind of achievement for Misbah.
    The purpose of this thread isn't to celebrate our first win at home, it's to praise how great of a coach and selector misbah is.

    Your in the wrong thread there is another thread to celebrate the Pak win

    Op created this thread so he could prove that he was rightly backing up misbah for that past 10 years.

    It's more of a humble pie thread

  12. #92
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    470
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    After all the hate one single guy received in his first ever Test series as a coach/selector, surely he could get some praise as well for turning things around so quickly.

    In a series people were claiming we'll lose and actually wishing we lose so they can satisfy their hate for one single guy. And this SL side had whitewashed us last time, beat SA in SA.

    Cricket is on the right path moving forward, that's what matters.
    Firstly, people who were thinking we would lose to Sri Lanka at home need a medical check up ASAP. We are definitely not the best team going around, but we should be able to beat comprehensively this Sri Lankan side at home.

    Those who were hoping to see Pakistan lose are not worthy to be called Pakistanis. It's as simple as that.

    Finally, this not a huge achievement for Misbah. As a captain, he was already known for leading by example in the subcontinent, as he knew how to use his bowlers in these conditions. His legacy should not depend on a series win against Sri Lanka at home. He should aim for series victories abroad, his standards are & should be higher. If he can guide us to a WT20 title, a very good run in the WTC, and a rise in ICC rankings, then I will surely give him the credit he deserves.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    6,454
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread sums up our minnow team mentality. The OP has perhaps created the most bumpable thread in the history of PP. We all know this will backfire spectacularly.

    Unfortunately this win Misbah has secured his position for the next 12-18 months, so overall this will prove to do more damage to Pakistan cricket in the longer run.

    The irony is Mickey, Grant Flower and co deserve the credit for helping Pakistan win this series but the hate brigade will attribute this to Misbah. I'm sure when Pakistan loses their next ball white series, it will be Mickey's fault because the team "is still recovering from Mickey's "dark era".

  14. #94
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    470
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    The purpose of this thread isn't to celebrate our first win at home, it's to praise how great of a coach and selector misbah is.

    Your in the wrong thread there is another thread to celebrate the Pak win

    Op created this thread so he could prove that he was rightly backing up misbah for that past 10 years.

    It's more of a humble pie thread
    Misbah being a great coach or selector will be decided in the long term results. This is his first victory as the Coach/CS. If he can get similar results against stronger teams, and in big tournaments, then I will certainly call him a great CS/Coach.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    6,454
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Barnacle View Post
    Lol at Hawkeye. When the team does badly, it's nothing to do with Misbah. When the team finally wins, it's all thanks to Misbah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    A lot of hard work to do before you start thanking Misbah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Winning 1 game doesn't mean a dark era is over. Misbah time as coach so far has been a joke. We need to win more games and perform better before you start doing banghra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You have to question the state of Pakistan cricket when we do bhangra and perform cartwheels after beating Sri Lanka at home.

    The people get upset when you call Pakistan a minnow team supported by minnow fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    You beat a really, really poor Sri Lankan team.

    And just as their last series win against you owed a lot to the toss, this did too.

    Don’t get carried away.

    I wrote three weeks ago that Mickey Arthur would far rather coach Pakistan than Sri Lanka: no other country in the world has the emerging pace talent that Pakistan has.

    Nothing has changed.

    In fact, Pakistan won in spite of having two players - Azhar Ali and Haris Sohail - who between them have only reached 20 in 3 out 14 Test innings this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Nothing to glorify Misbah. He will make Pakistan down
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    My goodness me. Self righteous chest banging in progress.
    As I said before the series, whichever tipn7 we put out would score enough runs at home and Shaheen and Abbas are our best bowlers regardless of a few average games.
    It's overseas where misbah will be judged.

    And before we start saying Mickey was losing at home, he lost 2 terrible games where we couldn't chase 135 and 165 which cost us series wins.
    Even in those times he was investing in the likes of Babar imam Shan haris, the fruits of which misbah needs to sow ( without ripping up it up ( like he has in T20s and overseas tests)

    Anyway in terms of a team composition, this is the optimal team with the biggest question marks over our 3 most experienced players-just like the Mickey days
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    Is this thread for real lol...

    You know this thread will be bumpable in the coming months haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    We don't have anything against Misbah. But we never like Misbah's love for useless oldies, TTF and friends.
    If he acts honest and play best available players and win matches we all will be happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Waleed93 View Post
    Instead of celebrating the return of cricket in Pakistan, some people are actually celebrating a win over Sri Lanka as if we just won the WTC.

    Of course, some credit needs to go to Misbah, but we need to remember that this is his first victory across formats since coming back to Pakistan cricket. I respect him as a player and as a captain, but it's not like we were ranked 1st when he retired. Our ranking was very similar to today's ranking.

    We also lost the T20Is against Sri Lanka with Msibah at the helm, we lost 2 Tests in Australia by huge margin with Misbah at the helm.
    One victory at home against Sri Lanka doesn't make him any kind of saviour. He can definitely help us stay invicible at home, but the overall performance will probably remain the same, and unless our rankings don't improve in ODIs and Tests and unless we don't have a good run in the WT20, there is absolutely no need to make Misbah look like Woolmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Micky would have done far better if Inzi selected players with merit instead of being dis-honest and bias. He had some good selection along with some terrible selection as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    So all the credit for this victory goes to Misbah, then what about all the responsibility for the previous defeats?

    Or do Misbah fans have a rule that Misbah is exempt from being held responsible for defeats but is given all the credit in the world for victories?
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    The purpose of this thread isn't to celebrate our first win at home, it's to praise how great of a coach and selector misbah is.

    Your in the wrong thread there is another thread to celebrate the Pak win

    Op created this thread so he could prove that he was rightly backing up misbah for that past 10 years.

    It's more of a humble pie thread
    The best comments on the thread. Unlike some, you guys are talking sense here.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,747
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not optimistic that this team has turned a corner because there are so many glaring problems with this team, but I'm willing to do bhangra if this means no more Sarfraz Ahmed and Mickey Arthur. Those two ruined Pakistani test cricket with their total lack of acumen.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,046
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    This thread sums up our minnow team mentality. The OP has perhaps created the most bumpable thread in the history of PP. We all know this will backfire spectacularly.

    Unfortunately this win Misbah has secured his position for the next 12-18 months, so overall this will prove to do more damage to Pakistan cricket in the longer run.

    The irony is Mickey, Grant Flower and co deserve the credit for helping Pakistan win this series but the hate brigade will attribute this to Misbah. I'm sure when Pakistan loses their next ball white series, it will be Mickey's fault because the team "is still recovering from Mickey's "dark era".
    This is the 2nd test series win in the last 2-3 years; team and team management obviously did something right which previous management couldn't.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,046
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On one side posters call Pak a minnow team and on the other side they have problems with Pak fans celebrating a win?

    Pretty contradictory. Either say Pak is not a minnow and a decent team which shouldnt be celebrating such wins or admit that its a victory which needs to be celebrated as Pak is a minnow, lower ranked than Srl and won the series pretty comfortably when they werent even the favorites (Countless so called PP experts voted for Srl winninng the series and wrote it in the prediction thread too)

  19. #99
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,932
    Mentioned
    7268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post


    Mamoon before the Test series:

    "We're not capable of beating Sri Lanka. We're a cr*ap team and will be humiliated. They're a strong side.

    Beat SA in SA.

    We're only going to do go down further".


    After the victory:

    "This win means nothing. Pathetic team, I'm not happy about it."

    I donít remember stating anything along those lines before the Test series. Sri Lanka and Pakistan are equally rubbish and it is hard to pick a winner between the two. Pakistan are probably marginally better because of Babar factor, but it is debatable.

    Nevertheless, this series changed absolutely nothing. We are still a pathetic side and our fans are showing their minnow mentality with their over the top celebrations.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Haters gonna hate. Misbah has already shown glimpses of why he's a better test coach than Mickey Arthur.

    The losses in Australia were bound to happen, whether the coach was Mickey, Misbah or any other name you could think of.


  21. #101
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,932
    Mentioned
    7268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Mickey is poor but the margin between victory and defeat isnít always great. Pakistan lost two close matches to Sri Lanka in 2017 and it was a time when Babar couldnít bat in Test cricket.

    It was not about the difference between Mickey and Misbah. If Mickey was the Pakistan coach here and Misbah was coaching Sri Lanka, would the result be any different? No.

    Had Misbah not coached us in Australia, his apologists would now be bashing Mickey for embarrassing Pakistan and now Misbah would have ensured that we would have at least been ďcompetitiveĒ.

    Cult mentality. Nothing else.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    This thread sums up our minnow team mentality. The OP has perhaps created the most bumpable thread in the history of PP. We all know this will backfire spectacularly.

    Unfortunately this win Misbah has secured his position for the next 12-18 months, so overall this will prove to do more damage to Pakistan cricket in the longer run.

    The irony is Mickey, Grant Flower and co deserve the credit for helping Pakistan win this series but the hate brigade will attribute this to Misbah. I'm sure when Pakistan loses their next ball white series, it will be Mickey's fault because the team "is still recovering from Mickey's "dark era".
    This team is very different from what Mickey/Sarfraz/Inzi left us with. No p a r c h i Imam, Sarfraz gone, bits and pieces Faheem Ashraf nowhere to be found (thankfully). They've been replaced by FC performers in Abid and Rizwan. So no, Mickey does not deserve any credit for this victory.

    But obviously you are blinded by hatred. I am no Misbah lover but I am not blind like you, I can see that Misbah in his short reign is already doing better than Mickey in terms of test cricket.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,074
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    This team is very different from what Mickey/Sarfraz/Inzi left us with. No p a r c h i Imam, Sarfraz gone, bits and pieces Faheem Ashraf nowhere to be found (thankfully). They've been replaced by FC performers in Abid and Rizwan. So no, Mickey does not deserve any credit for this victory.

    But obviously you are blinded by hatred. I am no Misbah lover but I am not blind like you, I can see that Misbah in his short reign is already doing better than Mickey in terms of test cricket.
    Another good balanced post. Some people live and breathe just to hold grudges and hate individuals.

    A group led by @topspin was wishing and praying for PAK to lose. Imagine that... Of course these people can't celebrate and digest this victory.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,848
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A bit of revisionist history, and OTT praise but yes, well done Pakistan.

    I am happy that after wrecking the t20 team in the short term (irfan, umar akmal, ahmed shehzad) and diabolical test selections in Australia, he has figured out how to select a team.

    Further happy that he did not select a spin heavy team against Sri Lanka at home.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,848
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    This team is very different from what Mickey/Sarfraz/Inzi left us with. No p a r c h i Imam, Sarfraz gone, bits and pieces Faheem Ashraf nowhere to be found (thankfully). They've been replaced by FC performers in Abid and Rizwan. So no, Mickey does not deserve any credit for this victory.

    But obviously you are blinded by hatred. I am no Misbah lover but I am not blind like you, I can see that Misbah in his short reign is already doing better than Mickey in terms of test cricket.
    Every change of coach leads to personnel changes. Its basically the easiest thing that happens in Pakistan cricket. For every post above i can find you ten other praising azhar's ouster from odi team and appointment of sarfaraz as captain.

    Misbah benefits from Azhar, Shan, and Babar Azam's contributions - all three played under mickey.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Every change of coach leads to personnel changes. Its basically the easiest thing that happens in Pakistan cricket. For every post above i can find you ten other praising azhar's ouster from odi team and appointment of sarfaraz as captain.

    Misbah benefits from Azhar, Shan, and Babar Azam's contributions - all three played under mickey.
    Lmao what type of logic is this? Azhar debuted in 2010, I don't even know who was coach then, do they get credit for this win? Shan played majority of his career with Waqar as his coach, credit for this win goes Waqar too? Babar was born from his mother, does she get credit for this win?

  27. #107
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,848
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Lmao what type of logic is this? Azhar debuted in 2010, I don't even know who was coach then, do they get credit for this win? Shan played majority of his career with Waqar as his coach, credit for this win goes Waqar too? Babar was born from his mother, does she get credit for this win?
    We must praise Misbah for everything. ok dude.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,214
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Lmao what type of logic is this? Azhar debuted in 2010, I don't even know who was coach then, do they get credit for this win? Shan played majority of his career with Waqar as his coach, credit for this win goes Waqar too? Babar was born from his mother, does she get credit for this win?
    Ok lets forget Azhar since you donít know who coached him. Canít give that person credit since you donít know them.

    Yes Waqar deserves all the credit for Shan. He is responsible for us to have this 20 averaging cricketer.

    Babar was born from his mother so she deserves credit too. Without her we would not have a guy like Babar in our team.

    Now getting back to cricket.

    Mickey deserves credit for Shan, Azhar, and Babar. Since they all played under Mickey. Also the Almighty for giving us these three fine cricketers under a coach who knew how to develop talent.

    Lets give credit where its due.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    We must praise Misbah for everything. ok dude.
    I'm not praising Misbah, it's just that your logic doesn't make sense.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,848
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    I'm not praising Misbah, it's just that your logic doesn't make sense.
    Legit.

    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    This team is very different from what Mickey/Sarfraz/Inzi left us with. No p a r c h i Imam, Sarfraz gone, bits and pieces Faheem Ashraf nowhere to be found (thankfully). They've been replaced by FC performers in Abid and Rizwan. So no, Mickey does not deserve any credit for this victory.

    But obviously you are blinded by hatred. I am no Misbah lover but I am not blind like you, I can see that Misbah in his short reign is already doing better than Mickey in terms of test cricket.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,615
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    When a team becomes a minnow, so do the fans.

    A wise man once said.
    According to you every team is a minnow except India

  32. #112
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Legit.

    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    This team is very different from what Mickey/Sarfraz/Inzi left us with. No p a r c h i Imam, Sarfraz gone, bits and pieces Faheem Ashraf nowhere to be found (thankfully). They've been replaced by FC performers in Abid and Rizwan. So no, Mickey does not deserve any credit for this victory.

    But obviously you are blinded by hatred. I am no Misbah lover but I am not blind like you, I can see that Misbah in his short reign is already doing better than Mickey in terms of test cricket.
    Use your brain, I was replying to the post you wrote about Mickey getting credit, I am saying that that logic doesn't make sense. The logic wouldn't make sense even if Misbah wasn't coach, so it's not a Misbah thing.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,615
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when Sri Lanka whitewashes South Africa in South Africa they are a great team but when they lose to Pakistan they are even worse than Pakistan.

    Apparently now even celebrating a home-series win is a crime according to posters like @Mamoon because we are a minnow and deserve to sit and sulk with our heads down and just think about how terrible we are and how we will always be terrible. Gimme a break man.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,570
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol jeez, no one is calling Pakistan a great test team. Test cricket finally returned to Pakistan and they won. Nothing wrong with celebrating that. People need to relax with the whole ďminnow mentalityĒ nonsense. Consistent performances start with one game at a time, one series at a time.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,932
    Mentioned
    7268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    So when Sri Lanka whitewashes South Africa in South Africa they are a great team but when they lose to Pakistan they are even worse than Pakistan.

    Apparently now even celebrating a home-series win is a crime according to posters like @Mamoon because we are a minnow and deserve to sit and sulk with our heads down and just think about how terrible we are and how we will always be terrible. Gimme a break man.
    As fans of a rubbish side, there is nothing wrong in celebrating this win. After all, there are only a handful of teams that we can beat in a series and Sri Lanka is one of them so we should cherish this rare triumph.

    However, letís not go overboard by pretending that this is the start of a new dawn or the start of something better. It never is.

    We need to accept our mediocrity and acknowledge that we will continue to hover between the 6th and 7th rankings that true reflect our caliber as a deeply mediocre cricket nation.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    360
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    The purpose of this thread isn't to celebrate our first win at home, it's to praise how great of a coach and selector misbah is.

    Your in the wrong thread there is another thread to celebrate the Pak win

    Op created this thread so he could prove that he was rightly backing up misbah for that past 10 years.

    It's more of a humble pie thread
    More like cringeworthy thread. I expected this sort of thread and jubilant from Misbah fans since they never tasted the wins under Misbahís captaincy. So Misbah was right in saying we have forgotten the taste of win.

    I am afraid but with this win, we could be terribly unprepared for the upcoming challenges.

    We needed to lose this match as wake up cal for the upcoming series.

  37. #117
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    2,478
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So weíre giving credit to that pathetic choker for this victory *****

  38. #118
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    15,661
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    So when Sri Lanka whitewashes South Africa in South Africa they are a great team but when they lose to Pakistan they are even worse than Pakistan.

    Apparently now even celebrating a home-series win is a crime according to posters like @Mamoon because we are a minnow and deserve to sit and sulk with our heads down and just think about how terrible we are and how we will always be terrible. Gimme a break man.
    Every right to celebrate man. This is shellacking. Pakistan is also not that much experienced in terms of bowling. Both teams are reasonably matched on paper.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    6,789
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A good start at home for Misbah.

    But this needs to become the norm.

    Winning series at home is a must.

    Losing series at home is unacceptable.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,074
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtow View Post
    More like cringeworthy thread. I expected this sort of thread and jubilant from Misbah fans since they never tasted the wins under Misbahís captaincy. So Misbah was right in saying we have forgotten the taste of win.

    I am afraid but with this win, we could be terribly unprepared for the upcoming challenges.

    We needed to lose this match as wake up cal for the upcoming series.
    Haha, such hate! How can you hate a person so much? That you wish your team to lose.

    You say never tasted wins under his captaincy. Then who took us to #1 Test ranking genius? Who made us unbeatable at home?

    Now move on from the hate, accept the reality and start supporting the team as it's only going to hurt you when we win again. Enjoy victories.

  41. #121
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is to much hate here for Misbah to the extent that people want Pak to lose now that he is at the helm.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    16,194
    Mentioned
    2579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    @Hawkeye
    You are very quick to give Misbah the credit for this win, 4 Tests into his tenure.

    So if a new coach gets the credit for results and a rise in the rankings 4 Tests into his tenure, Iím sure you wish to congratulate and thank Mickey Arthur for the fact that at the end of his fourth Test in charge, Pakistan rose to the Number 1 ranking.

    You canít have it both ways. If Misbah gets credit now, then Mickey gets the credit for 2016!

  43. #123
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,829
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I thought Mickey ďwe are a proud teamĒ Arthurís SL was going to beat Misbahís Pakistan. Mickeyís fans deserve this humiliation.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    360
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Haha, such hate! How can you hate a person so much? That you wish your team to lose.

    You say never tasted wins under his captaincy. Then who took us to #1 Test ranking genius? Who made us unbeatable at home?

    Now move on from the hate, accept the reality and start supporting the team as it's only going to hurt you when we win again. Enjoy victories.
    I donít hate him. I like him for the fact that he can be trusted to manage the Pakistan affairs effectively. If he is in charge, then I can trust that Nashim [new bowler] can be managed to ensure he doesnít become Mohammad Amir [spot fixing].

    As for cricketing reasons, that is not deniable despite the fact we were unbeaten at home which took tremendous cricketing experience to make it happen. At the same time Pakistan cricket digressed back to 80s which took more than five years to get back to international standards.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    6,454
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    This team is very different from what Mickey/Sarfraz/Inzi left us with. No p a r c h i Imam, Sarfraz gone, bits and pieces Faheem Ashraf nowhere to be found (thankfully). They've been replaced by FC performers in Abid and Rizwan. So no, Mickey does not deserve any credit for this victory.

    But obviously you are blinded by hatred. I am no Misbah lover but I am not blind like you, I can see that Misbah in his short reign is already doing better than Mickey in terms of test cricket.
    I specifically remember you getting jubilant when ISU won the 2018 edition of PSL and gave all the credit to Misbah despite the fact that not only was he not able to play the final (due in injury), he also missed most of the other matches during that tournament.

    So this is all I need to prove you are a Misbah fan and you are irrational cricket fan, so before you call someone "blinded by hatred", I suggest taking a long look in the mirror first.

  46. #126
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    6,454
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtow View Post
    More like cringeworthy thread. I expected this sort of thread and jubilant from Misbah fans since they never tasted the wins under Misbah’s captaincy. So Misbah was right in saying we have forgotten the taste of win.

    I am afraid but with this win, we could be terribly unprepared for the upcoming challenges.

    We needed to lose this match as wake up cal for the upcoming series.
    This line here explains exactly why this win will do more harm than good for Pakistan cricket.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    6,454
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Another good balanced post. Some people live and breathe just to hold grudges and hate individuals.

    A group led by @topspin was wishing and praying for PAK to lose. Imagine that... Of course these people can't celebrate and digest this victory.
    Yes I did want Pakistan to lose this series. Just like Mamoon didn't want Pakistan to make the semis of the 2019 World Cup because going by a simple cost-benefit analysis, the damaged caused to our cricket in the longer run wouldn't justify the short-term gain.

    This is also why a fair share of Arsenal fans (including me and Mamoon) were hoping Unai Emery wouldn't be able to turn the winless streak around, when it was spiralling out of control because we knew that if he did, he would have been retained for longer than he was needed. Just like how I feel with Misbah, his presence would have caused more harm to Arsenal in the longer run. Unai eventually got sacked, but 3-4 weeks later than for my liking!

    Unfortunately like Arsenal's board, the PCB can't be trusted to make competent decisions because both entities are slow to act.

    Does this mean I "hold grudges and hate" Misbah and Unai Emery? Of course not.

    The challenge for you however is to prove that you're a bigger fan of Pakistan cricket than you are of Misbah. But I think most on here know it is the latter, which says it all about your lack of credibility.

  48. #128
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    2,147
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Yes I did want Pakistan to lose this series. Just like Mamoon didn't want Pakistan to make the semis of the 2019 World Cup because going by a simple cost-benefit analysis, the damaged caused to our cricket in the longer run wouldn't justify the short-term gain.

    This is also why a fair share of Arsenal fans (including me and Mamoon) were hoping Unai Emery wouldn't be able to turn the winless streak around, when it was spiralling out of control because we knew that if he did, he would have been retained for longer than he was needed. Just like how I feel with Misbah, his presence would have caused more harm to Arsenal in the longer run. Unai eventually got sacked, but 3-4 weeks later than for my liking!

    Unfortunately like Arsenal's board, the PCB can't be trusted to make competent decisions because both entities are slow to act.

    Does this mean I "hold grudges and hate" Misbah and Unai Emery? Of course not.

    The challenge for you however is to prove that you're a bigger fan of Pakistan cricket than you are of Misbah. But I think most on here know it is the latter, which says it all about your lack of credibility.
    Not always applicable. Even though I want valverde sacked after we choked in the championd league 2 yrs in a row, I still support and wish Barca to win.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,798
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I specifically remember you getting jubilant when ISU won the 2018 edition of PSL and gave all the credit to Misbah despite the fact that not only was he not able to play the final (due in injury), he also missed most of the other matches during that tournament.

    So this is all I need to prove you are a Misbah fan and you are irrational cricket fan, so before you call someone "blinded by hatred", I suggest taking a long look in the mirror first.
    Find that post because I don't remember saying that. I'll believe that I said so when you prove it to me.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,074
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ruthless.

    Dominating.

    This is the new Pakistan Test team.

    The dark Mickey Arthur era is officially over!

    A supreme, clinical performance yet again with an innings defeat.


  51. #131
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,473
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Ruthless.

    Dominating.

    This is the new Pakistan Test team.

    The dark Mickey Arthur era is officially over!

    A supreme, clinical performance yet again with an innings defeat.

    Misbah n Waqar deserve credit for coming up with a good fast bowling unit but frankly Mickey Arthur's team would also have beaten this BD team.

    Also please give credit to him for shaping Babar Azam, I don't think he would have made it without coach's immense support

  52. #132
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,877
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Amazing!

    What a victory against such daunting opponents!

    Life contracts for Misbah and Waqar!

  53. #133
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,932
    Mentioned
    7268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Amazing!

    What a victory against such daunting opponents!

    Life contracts for Misbah and Waqar!
    Golden era begins. Kohli should hand over the Mace the already.

  54. #134
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    6,454
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the top sides are quaking in their boots .

    This will be the most bumpable thread on PP during Misbah's tenure.

  55. #135
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,074
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post
    Misbah n Waqar deserve credit for coming up with a good fast bowling unit but frankly Mickey Arthur's team would also have beaten this BD team.

    Also please give credit to him for shaping Babar Azam, I don't think he would have made it without coach's immense support
    I think you probably aren't aware of the fact that a depleted SL side whitewashed us in Tests! That too in the UAE, under Mickey Arthur.

    This BD side would have given some competition to us had our Test team been in a continuous nose dive and Arthur continued. Thankfully, that's no longer the case.


    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Amazing!

    What a victory against such daunting opponents!

    Life contracts for Misbah and Waqar!
    At least teams are not whitewashing us in Tests, at our home.

    We've started thrashing and dominating in Tests.

    You aren't happy?

  56. #136
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,628
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Say this after we win against one of the top teams.

    Mickey managed a draw in England, let's see how Misbah does there.

  57. #137
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,124
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I think you probably aren't aware of the fact that a depleted SL side whitewashed us in Tests! That too in the UAE, under Mickey Arthur.

    This BD side would have given some competition to us had our Test team been in a continuous nose dive and Arthur continued. Thankfully, that's no longer the case.




    At least teams are not whitewashing us in Tests, at our home.

    We've started thrashing and dominating in Tests.

    You aren't happy?
    When we are whitewashed by Bangladesh in Home series?
    Last time we were whitewashed by Bangladesh in ODI under Steve Waugh aka Azhar Ali who was suggest by Misbah under World's no.1 coach Waqar.

    Recently we were whitewashed by SL D at home in T20 with two former great Umar Akmal aka duck king and Shehzad aka dot king recalled by genius Misbah.

  58. #138
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,242
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So the bhangra begins because we can win in 1/6 out of all conditions, ie Test matches at home and that too against depleted low ranked teams but get thrashed everywhere else and in other formats.

    Just shows how the new generation of fans have embraced mediocrity and their level of ambition. Shameless Misbah needs to get booted asap and take his shameless selections with him.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    6,454
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    When we are whitewashed by Bangladesh in Home series?
    Last time we were whitewashed by Bangladesh in ODI under Steve Waugh aka Azhar Ali who was suggest by Misbah under World's no.1 coach Waqar.

    Recently we were whitewashed by SL D at home in T20 with two former great Umar Akmal aka duck king and Shehzad aka dot king recalled by genius Misba
    h.
    Whereas Mickey Arthur's side whitewashed a full strength SL team in 2017. 2 years later however, Misbah's team lost every T20 game at home against a depleted SL team. That was enough for the OP to go hiding and one can be assured that it won't be for the last time.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    5,468
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The title of this thread makes us sound like Kenya.

    On topic, Misbah's real merit will be determined in the next 12 months when we have two major away test series and the T20I World Cup.

    We can only hope that the Azhar-Asad-Yasir-Iftikhar buddy-ul-Haq quota will be on their game otherwise there's no hope for this team on the two away test tours. Full marks to Waqar though for persisting with Shaheen and Naseem and not playing it safe by recalling Rahat and Imran.

    The T20I World Cup is a completely different story and tough decision would have to be made with the likes of Hafeez, Malik. Foresight skills of Misbah will be on full show to all of us.

  61. #141
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,932
    Mentioned
    7268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I replied to your post in the other thread but it was deleted because it was off-topic. I feel this thread is more relevant so I am posting it here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZamanFan View Post
    @Mamoon

    Can understand your pain, it has been a tough day for you.

    Naseem Shah is now 16 year old forever in record books to take a hat trick.

    Bangladesh has defeated India to become U19 Champions for 2020 and will remain winners till 2022.

    Better move on.
    The problem is that I donít have minnow mentality like you, and I have not accepted or embraced Pakistanís never ending mediocrity.

    As a result, I donít do bhangra when our 6th ranked nonsense team beats a weakened Bangladesh team, because I know that we donít have the talent or the skill to consistently be a top 3 side in Tests and ODIs, and that is where I want Pakistan to be.

    I have high standards so please donít expect me to do bhangra when we pick up cheap wins and then get exposed against the quality sides.

    I have had enough of Pakistanís mediocrity and the fact that we lose 80% of our series to the top sides in both Tests and ODIs, and only pick up cheap wins in T20Is because the big teams donít care.

    And even in the format where we pretend to be number 1, we were whitewashed by Sri Lanka D at home. I have never seen a number 1 team like this.

    Hence, I donít care about Naseem stacking up fake ďyoungest to XYZĒ records because it doesnít matter to me when the team is mediocre. I canít celebrate individual success when the team is poor.

    India lost the final but Pakistan cannot even dream of achieving what India cricket has achieved in the last 15 years, and the gap is only going to widen.

    Pakistani fans have become so miserable that they do bhangra when New Zealand (better team than Pakistan) beats India (better team than Pakistan).

    Moreover, after Bangladeshís win yesterday, they are now ďparai shaadi me Abdullah deewanaĒ because their own own rubbish U-19 team got thrashed by India just like their senior team and cricket heroes do, and the same losers will then go on to play for Pakistan and get smashed by the same Indian players in the future.

    You are delusional if you think that Pakistan lost because of poor selection. Please spare me these never ending excuses and rona dhona. There is a proper talent crisis in Pakistan and we are not good enough.

    We are simply a mediocre team with a rotten cricket culture and 99% of the players coming through our system our poster boys of mediocrity.

    A wise man once said that when a team becomes mediocre, the fans also become mediocre, and he was indeed correct.

    Nevertheless, no point in explaining this to someone who calls himself a ďZaman fanĒ, a rubbish hack who got lucky once against India but wouldn't get beyond club cricket in proper cricket countries with his pathetic technique.

    Jaiswal, the left handed India U-19 opener, is already 10x the batsman Fakhar can ever hope to be.

    If you want to celebrate mediocrity until the next reality check, good for you. But please donít expect me to be a part of the circus.

  62. #142
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    37,877
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Beating Bangladesh is enough to do banghra LOL.

  63. #143
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,877
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    When we are whitewashed by Bangladesh in Home series?
    Last time we were whitewashed by Bangladesh in ODI under Steve Waugh aka Azhar Ali who was suggest by Misbah under World's no.1 coach Waqar.

    Recently we were whitewashed by SL D at home in T20 with two former great Umar Akmal aka duck king and Shehzad aka dot king recalled by genius Misbah.
    A beautiful cover drive of a response from Shafi.

    Of course I'm happy Pakistan won but I won't apologise for having a longer memory than the last two Test matches.

    How can I already forget being beaten to a pulp in Australia where we failed to take even 20 wickets across 2 Tests let alone 1. Or forget Azhar's tactical ineptitude, and Misbah and Waqar's appalling choice of bowlers for that series, based not on stats but liking and disliking. It's not that we lost in Australia, but the manner of defeat and how we failed to compete that's galling.

    And now we should dish out mithai for beating Sri Lanka (minus Rangana Herath) and Bangladesh B ? Give me a break. Let's see what happens in England.

  64. #144
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,242
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What an atrocious thread - MA and co weren't perfect but they won us an international trophy for crying out loud. The CT victory will be long remembered, far more than these victories against Bangladesh B. So how can we thank Misbah-ul-Haq for making us remember what victory feels like! Haha what a joke!

    This loser can only dream about winning us a trophy as he will be too busy getting his buddies in the team in the process hurling us way back down the ODI rankings again. We've done well recently in Tests away to England but with this clown in charge, I don't hold much hope.

  65. #145
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    2,147
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    What an atrocious thread - MA and co weren't perfect but they won us an international trophy for crying out loud. The CT victory will be long remembered, far more than these victories against Bangladesh B. So how can we thank Misbah-ul-Haq for making us remember what victory feels like! Haha what a joke!

    This loser can only dream about winning us a trophy as he will be too busy getting his buddies in the team in the process hurling us way back down the ODI rankings again. We've done well recently in Tests away to England but with this clown in charge, I don't hold much hope.
    How about the fact that misbahs test side was very good from 2011 till 2017?

  66. #146
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    2,147
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    A beautiful cover drive of a response from Shafi.

    Of course I'm happy Pakistan won but I won't apologise for having a longer memory than the last two Test matches.

    How can I already forget being beaten to a pulp in Australia where we failed to take even 20 wickets across 2 Tests let alone 1. Or forget Azhar's tactical ineptitude, and Misbah and Waqar's appalling choice of bowlers for that series, based not on stats but liking and disliking. It's not that we lost in Australia, but the manner of defeat and how we failed to compete that's galling.

    And now we should dish out mithai for beating Sri Lanka (minus Rangana Herath) and Bangladesh B ? Give me a break. Let's see what happens in England.
    New Zealand also got destroyed by AUS. AUS was in just great.form and it was Misbahs first test series, in the toughest place.

    Also T20 cricket is circus cricket so I'm not gonna even discuss that.

  67. #147
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    21,820
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread is hilarious. Our fans deserve the lowest possible ranking


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  68. #148
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    729
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread has a weird set of posts from people from 2 extremes. We probably need to put everything into perspective.

    A win is a win so it should be celebrated. Doesnít matter if it was the opponents x y or z team, as we can only beat what is in front of us. Also having a test in at home is a massive achievement and getting on a bit of a roll and starting to win something is well. Hopefully it would give us some sort of momentum when we go abroad.

    Having said that, it shouldnít paper any of the cracks we have in our lineup. Misbah has a habit of trying to magnify his wins as if they were the best ever. The likes of Yasir, Haris, Asad and our leave-my-legacy-captain aZhar are going to go missing in tours abroad and rely on the youngsters performing while playing a side roles.

    However, there is no reason not to have high hopes from our youngsters. Only time will tell whether they join the failure brigade or get ATG status but they have shown more promise than our seniors. Shaheen. Naseem, Babar ... and time some extent Shaan, Rizwan and abbas (although not youngsters and I am not a fan), have shown willingness to learn and do possess some grit. There is certainly no dearth of talent in Pakistan but definitely a lack of a refined process for streamlining our athletes. Mind you the lack of process is prevalent in everything pakistani and not limited to just cricket but that is a separate topic.

    In the end, hope is what drives us. If we accept there is no hope, we should just give up posting here. I definitely have hope that we have gone right down and that is as far as we could go, the only way is up now. I have hope that we gather some momentum by wins in our country and the non-performing seniors are able to use that momentum or gain confidence out of these results to become better and finally I have hope that our new generation can learn from our old ones and go on to become world beaters.

  69. #149
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    30,033
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thankyou Misbah for beating Sri Lanka and Bangladesh at home.

    The mediocre coaches without proper badges are in for one hell of a summer

  70. #150
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    4,930
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get excited after beating a nothing rubbish team.

  71. #151
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,367
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Don't get excited after beating a nothing rubbish team.
    Success breeds success.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  72. #152
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    292
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an achievement by Pakistan and Misbah. They have become the envy of the Cricket World by beating two Giant's of the Sport at home.

    Respect

  73. #153
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    15,709
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Ruthless.

    Dominating.

    This is the new Pakistan Test team.

    The dark Mickey Arthur era is officially over!

    A supreme, clinical performance yet again with an innings defeat.

    I'm all for optimism, but we got manhandled in Australia. This team has a very long way to go to deserve such praise.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    347
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    This thread has a weird set of posts from people from 2 extremes. We probably need to put everything into perspective.

    A win is a win so it should be celebrated. Doesn’t matter if it was the opponents x y or z team, as we can only beat what is in front of us. Also having a test in at home is a massive achievement and getting on a bit of a roll and starting to win something is well. Hopefully it would give us some sort of momentum when we go abroad.

    Having said that, it shouldn’t paper any of the cracks we have in our lineup. Misbah has a habit of trying to magnify his wins as if they were the best ever. The likes of Yasir, Haris, Asad and our leave-my-legacy-captain aZhar are going to go missing in tours abroad and rely on the youngsters performing while playing a side roles.

    However, there is no reason not to have high hopes from our youngsters. Only time will tell whether they join the failure brigade or get ATG status but they have shown more promise than our seniors. Shaheen. Naseem, Babar ... and time some extent Shaan, Rizwan and abbas (although not youngsters and I am not a fan), have shown willingness to learn and do possess some grit. There is certainly no dearth of talent in Pakistan but definitely a lack of a refined process for streamlining our athletes. Mind you the lack of process is prevalent in everything pakistani and not limited to just cricket but that is a separate topic.

    In the end, hope is what drives us. If we accept there is no hope, we should just give up posting here. I definitely have hope that we have gone right down and that is as far as we could go, the only way is up now. I have hope that we gather some momentum by wins in our country and the non-performing seniors are able to use that momentum or gain confidence out of these results to become better and finally I have hope that our new generation can learn from our old ones and go on to become world beaters.
    Very sensible post


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  75. #155
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I'm all for optimism, but we got manhandled in Australia. This team has a very long way to go to deserve such praise.
    I really donít think how we do in Australia should be the benchmark to measure this team , or any Pak team.
    No matter who the captain has been or the coach or what era it is , Pakistan have never done well Australia, period . If we were to have Australia as a measuring yardstick then by that logic we have never had a ďdecent test teamĒ!

    Itís good to celebrate success and be optimistic . However we need to be realistic as well. This team is shaping up reasonably well. If we can become a force once again in our back yard that will be a great boost.
    But their are bigger tests ahead especially in the summer against England .

    Iím not getting carried away at all but I do find it very strange how people keep on bringing up Australia, maybe to suit their own agenda .

    I was much more concerned when we lost test series in UAE last year .

  76. #156
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,074
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenKhan View Post
    I really donít think how we do in Australia should be the benchmark to measure this team , or any Pak team.
    No matter who the captain has been or the coach or what era it is , Pakistan have never done well Australia, period . If we were to have Australia as a measuring yardstick then by that logic we have never had a ďdecent test teamĒ!

    Itís good to celebrate success and be optimistic . However we need to be realistic as well. This team is shaping up reasonably well. If we can become a force once again in our back yard that will be a great boost.
    But their are bigger tests ahead especially in the summer against England .

    Iím not getting carried away at all but I do find it very strange how people keep on bringing up Australia, maybe to suit their own agenda .

    I was much more concerned when we lost test series in UAE last year .
    Spot on.
    @Kroll, @Shafi and @Markhor were very satisfied when we kept losing Tests, even at home. Heck, it was under Mickey that our unbeatable streak was broken at home. Our fortress was breached.

    Now that the team is reversing that trend and on a winning trajectory again, even winning by dominating others, the argument is "but but but we did bad in AUS!! HOW!?!".

    I think these people are very well aware that our outing in AUS was normal. As expected. Much stronger Pak teams have done way worse and gotten whitewashed in Aus. By this logic, we've never been a decent Test team. This was also the new management's first ever Test series. Debutants in bowling too.

    But of course, this argument will be brought up to suit some agendas.

    Getting back on the winning streak and dominating teams suddenly isn't satisfactory.

    Being better than Mickey Arthur era isn't enough now! And this is coming from Arthur defenders.

  77. #157
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    15,709
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenKhan View Post
    I really donít think how we do in Australia should be the benchmark to measure this team , or any Pak team.
    No matter who the captain has been or the coach or what era it is , Pakistan have never done well Australia, period . If we were to have Australia as a measuring yardstick then by that logic we have never had a ďdecent test teamĒ!

    Itís good to celebrate success and be optimistic . However we need to be realistic as well. This team is shaping up reasonably well. If we can become a force once again in our back yard that will be a great boost.
    But their are bigger tests ahead especially in the summer against England .

    Iím not getting carried away at all but I do find it very strange how people keep on bringing up Australia, maybe to suit their own agenda .

    I was much more concerned when we lost test series in UAE last year .
    Look, I'm one of the more optimistic guys on this forum. And while I don't necessarily agree with Misbah becoming coach and CS, I will support him and the team 200% whenever they step out on the field.

    Having said that, this Test team is not good enough right now. The reason I brought up the Australian series is because of the way we lost. We literally got blown to pieces, whether it was bowling or batting. A half-decent team doesn't perform like that anywhere. To use the words 'ruthless' and 'dominating' is wrong, although I'm happy to see the steady improvements in our team since that ill-fated tour. Specially the pace bowling really excites me, as Shaheen and Naseem have the makings of very potent test-class bowlers.

    England will be a very good test for this team, and I'm hopeful we do well there. New Zealand too will be a pleasant surprise, if we manage to do well there. I'm just saying we shouldn't use such terms for this team now and be grounded, that is until we do manage to beat these two teams and then we can go crazy on the annoying doom and brigade here

  78. #158
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    470
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If our standards are so low, I am afraid we might see celebrations if we manage to avoid innings defeats in Australia very soon.


    Cristiano Ronaldo... The Ultimate G.O.A.T

  79. #159
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    794
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Spot on.
    @Kroll, @Shafi and @Markhor were very satisfied when we kept losing Tests, even at home. Heck, it was under Mickey that our unbeatable streak was broken at home. Our fortress was breached.

    Now that the team is reversing that trend and on a winning trajectory again, even winning by dominating others, the argument is "but but but we did bad in AUS!! HOW!?!".

    I think these people are very well aware that our outing in AUS was normal. As expected. Much stronger Pak teams have done way worse and gotten whitewashed in Aus. By this logic, we've never been a decent Test team. This was also the new management's first ever Test series. Debutants in bowling too.

    But of course, this argument will be brought up to suit some agendas.

    Getting back on the winning streak and dominating teams suddenly isn't satisfactory.

    Being better than Mickey Arthur era isn't enough now! And this is coming from Arthur defenders.
    Well said bro ! Bigger tests await obviously but at least we are winning at home again . Itís a start and something to build on.
    Last edited by GreenKhan; 12th February 2020 at 04:57.

  80. #160
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,585
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Lmao what type of logic is this? Azhar debuted in 2010, I don't even know who was coach then, do they get credit for this win? Shan played majority of his career with Waqar as his coach, credit for this win goes Waqar too? Babar was born from his mother, does she get credit for this win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    Ok lets forget Azhar since you donít know who coached him. Canít give that person credit since you donít know them.

    Yes Waqar deserves all the credit for Shan. He is responsible for us to have this 20 averaging cricketer.

    Babar was born from his mother so she deserves credit too. Without her we would not have a guy like Babar in our team.

    Now getting back to cricket.

    Mickey deserves credit for Shan, Azhar, and Babar. Since they all played under Mickey. Also the Almighty for giving us these three fine cricketers under a coach who knew how to develop talent.

    Lets give credit where its due.
    I believe Waqar Younis was the coach during the 2010 tour of England.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •