Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 153
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,503
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    The case of a lucrative Indian market and money hungry Pakistan former cricketers

    Yes you heard it right and I called it the way I see it.

    The power of YouTube has been discovered by our former cricketers and they are falling over each other in trying to say "something" which get them more hits on their channels.

    The "something" tends to be generally around the lines of "look so and so Indian cricketer [choose from current or former] is the best and I am his fan and we should all be like them" etc.

    In their desire to get those precious $s from across border, the same cricketers who would fight tooth and nail against their main rivals on the field and would waste no opportunity on and off the field during their playing days to put down India and its cricketers, are now seeing spending countless minutes on their youtube channels praising the team.

    YouTube has given them the power to do this themselves (as TV channels dont really want to talk to them due to their somewhat bizarre and banal views), and they have realized that hyping up anything from India gets them more hits = $$$s.

    In their rush to use this medium, they have forgotten what gave them fame in the first place. They spend time putting down Pakistani cricket and give very little importance to what is good; instead their bread and butter is to try and find something negative to say about our cricketers with the hope of grabbing a headline in The Indian Express!

    Sad to see this but true.

    I am not mentioning names but all you have to do is read the news.
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th December 2019 at 20:59.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,334
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is pretty sad to see this


    I do listen to Rashid Latif, he is decent others are speaking nonsense for sure

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you sir are a legend. even the Indians themselves don't discuss and praise their team the way these jokers do. shoaib akhter and caught behind are the pioneers of this besharmi.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    5,415
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transparent opacity View Post
    you sir are a legend. even the Indians themselves don't discuss and praise their team the way these jokers do. shoaib akhter and caught behind are the pioneers of this besharmi.
    Only Nauman Niaz and Shoaib Akhtar. Rashid Latif is pretty decent he only says what he thinks is right. But Nauman Niaz... smh. The guy starts having seizures when India wins but when Pakistan wins he barely even cares and the hate Nauman Niaz has for Imam is nauseating

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,035
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol Shoaib Akhtar is top of this list.

    He is really making mamoo of all the gullible Indian Public and making thousands of dollars as a result.

    Every video of his has mention of India or Virat Kohli somehow. Canít really blame him either. To him it almost doubles his views. Itís easy money as it comes and heís taking them all for a ride.

    The funny thing is even other guys have started doing it who donít even have viewership.

    Prime example is Tanvir Ahmed. He sometimes barely crosses 10k views per video but now heís started putting a lot of Indian related content especially in the title and for those videos he goes well over 50k views.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,035
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transparent opacity View Post
    you sir are a legend. even the Indians themselves don't discuss and praise their team the way these jokers do. shoaib akhter and caught behind are the pioneers of this besharmi.
    Tbh Caught Behind is fine and probably the best cricketing channel. Their technical analysis is really good. Especially Rashid Latif I think has one of the best cricketing brains along with Tom Moody

    And yes they cater to Indians as well but are not as desperate about it. They would make separate video about an indian match or something at most. Not like Shoaib akhtar where even when discussion is on Pakistan cricket he manages to put India or Indian players in the video title to attract views.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,138
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Tbh Caught Behind is fine and probably the best cricketing channel. Their technical analysis is really good. Especially Rashid Latif I think has one of the best cricketing brains along with Tom Moody

    And yes they cater to Indians as well but are not as desperate about it. They would make separate video about an indian match or something at most. Not like Shoaib akhtar where even when discussion is on Pakistan cricket he manages to put India or Indian players in the video title to attract views.
    They're doing quite a lot of India-related videos, but they keep it subtle, unlike Shoaib who just stuffs India and Kohli in every video somehow.

    And their strategy seems to be paying off. Despite having a fraction of Shoaib's subscribers (250k vs 1.8m), they are pulling ahead in terms of views (10 million plus over the past month versus 8-9 million).
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 25th December 2019 at 21:31.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Only Nauman Niaz and Shoaib Akhtar. Rashid Latif is pretty decent he only says what he thinks is right. But Nauman Niaz... smh. The guy starts having seizures when India wins but when Pakistan wins he barely even cares and the hate Nauman Niaz has for Imam is nauseating
    true rashid is a sensible person. whereas dr noman is a wet blanket and his hate for imam is unprecedented.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Tbh Caught Behind is fine and probably the best cricketing channel. Their technical analysis is really good. Especially Rashid Latif I think has one of the best cricketing brains along with Tom Moody

    And yes they cater to Indians as well but are not as desperate about it. They would make separate video about an indian match or something at most. Not like Shoaib akhtar where even when discussion is on Pakistan cricket he manages to put India or Indian players in the video title to attract views.
    sir, the point is that they are overdoing it.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,334
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    They're doing quite a lot of India-related videos, but they keep it subtle, unlike Shoaib who just stuffs India and Kohli in every video somehow.


    And their strategy seems to be paying off. Despite having a fraction of Shoaib's subscribers (250k vs 1.8m), they are pulling ahead in terms of views (10 million plus over the past month versus 8-9 million).
    Caught behind is an excellent channel, that is why it is working. The content is good
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 25th December 2019 at 21:33.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,365
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is terrible but also hilarious, I love seeing Akhtar grasping at rubbish through his videos.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,035
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    They're doing quite a lot of India-related videos, but they keep it subtle, unlike Shoaib who just stuffs India and Kohli in every video somehow.

    And their strategy seems to be paying off. Despite having a fraction of Shoaib's subscribers (250k vs 1.8m), they are pulling ahead in terms of views (10 million plus over the past month versus 8-9 million).
    I donít think theyíre beating Akhtar in terms of views at all. Shoaib has a 1M+ video every other week and 300k+ is normal whereas they usually are 200k-400k range mostly. However they do make tons more videos though.

    Either way I donít mind them because I think they have good technical analysis of the game and sometimes you get to learn actual stuff. Whereas Shoaib and most other YouTube channels are basically rants with little actual analysis.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    17,006
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    How much do they pick per video. Is something like a 1 cent per video?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,138
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I don’t think they’re beating Akhtar in terms of views at all. Shoaib has a 1M+ video every other week and 300k+ is normal whereas they usually are 200k-400k range mostly. However they do make tons more videos though.

    Either way I don’t mind them because I think they have good technical analysis of the game and sometimes you get to learn actual stuff. Whereas Shoaib and most other YouTube channels are basically rants with little actual analysis.
    I checked the numbers before posting that... so they are accurate.

    Akhtar has a massive head start in terms of subscribers but he will plateau at some point due to his lack of insight. Will still earn good money off Indians though


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,138
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    How much do they pick per video. Is something like a 1 cent per video?
    It depends on views. YouTubers in South Asia make minuscule amounts compared to what they make in Western countries but with enough views, they can make a pretty decent amount. A rough figure is a dollar per 3000-6000 views but it can vary wildly.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    5,415
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It depends on views. YouTubers in South Asia make minuscule amounts compared to what they make in Western countries but with enough views, they can make a pretty decent amount. A rough figure is a dollar per 3000-6000 views but it can vary wildly.
    Also depends on how long the video is.

    A 10+ min video will make more. It's common sense tbh.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    1,197
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    How much do they pick per video. Is something like a 1 cent per video?
    I'm pretty sure it can be anywhere from $1 to $10 per 1000 views

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,138
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    I'm pretty sure it can be anywhere from $1 to $10 per 1000 views
    Ad rates are generally much lower in the subcontinent.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    6,752
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Countries like India, US, China will always have that local market edge because of huge size and population. But it depends on the valuation. Few years back views from India fetched very less as ad revenue + rupee valuation is low, now it has increased but still way back to first world nations, maybe in another 5-6 years this will be a seriously good income revenue generation platform.


    ...

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    17,006
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It depends on views. YouTubers in South Asia make minuscule amounts compared to what they make in Western countries but with enough views, they can make a pretty decent amount. A rough figure is a dollar per 3000-6000 views but it can vary wildly.
    Seems very small amounts but it's easy money.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    1,197
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Ad rates are generally much lower in the subcontinent.
    Oh, I thought it was the same everywhere, my bad.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    6,752
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Seems very small amounts but it's easy money.
    Yes, that will come to ~ 30,000 PKR per video. He makes at least 10-15 videos every month so ~ 4,00,000 PKR.

    Apart from this he is attending analysis and hosting programs for other media outlets so I guess he must be making at least 7-8 PKR per month. Good for a retired person who is not into any coaching job.


    ...

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    6,752
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    Oh, I thought it was the same everywhere, my bad.
    It's the same but when you convert it to USD it looks less. Views from countries like Scandinavia, Euro nations, Swiss, Aus, Sing, Japan, UK, US, Can fetches more income as their currency is equal or better to USD.


    ...

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,511
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand danish kaneria doing it, but akhtar and others clearly begging for indian viewership is not a good sight to behold.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    6,752
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    I can understand danish kaneria doing it, but akhtar and others clearly begging for indian viewership is not a good sight to behold.
    I posted some numbers above, do you think that is less or not worth ?


    ...

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    905
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean aren't these guys financially stable ?

    Shoaib Akhtar is borderline begging for Indian views by putting India and Kohli in every video of his. Considering he was a star player for his country and played int'l Cricket for more than a decade , it's ridiculous to see him act like those Western YTers who bait Indian views.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    6,752
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another stat - Indian diaspora in UK, US, Australia, Singapore, NZ, Canada, Germany, France and Switzerland is ~ 10 million. These are pure settled residents.
    There must be more who work on temporary work permits and no citizenships.

    Even if 0.1% of these people watch these videos on youtube they generate more revenue to local Pakistani/ middle east viewers.


    ...

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    6,752
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    I can understand danish kaneria doing it, but akhtar and others clearly begging for indian viewership is not a good sight to behold.
    Poor guy, he is not getting even 50,000 views per video. Kakmal ruined his career


    ...

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,334
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It depends on views. YouTubers in South Asia make minuscule amounts compared to what they make in Western countries but with enough views, they can make a pretty decent amount. A rough figure is a dollar per 3000-6000 views but it can vary wildly.
    E.g 5000 views get you 1$

    10 million views per month = $2000

    This is easy money for them

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,324
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Lol Shoaib Akhtar is top of this list.

    He is really making mamoo of all the gullible Indian Public and making thousands of dollars as a result.

    Every video of his has mention of India or Virat Kohli somehow. Canít really blame him either. To him it almost doubles his views. Itís easy money as it comes and heís taking them all for a ride.

    The funny thing is even other guys have started doing it who donít even have viewership.

    Prime example is Tanvir Ahmed. He sometimes barely crosses 10k views per video but now heís started putting a lot of Indian related content especially in the title and for those videos he goes well over 50k views.
    I would be embarrassed if I were a Pakistani. Shoaib Akhtar defined Pakistani aggression to us back in the day. Heís singing praises for India for money (not a lot) being thrown at him by Indians these days.

    Itís like youíve lost a war and now all your veterans are anarkalis in our court. Entertaining us for some lose change.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    644
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akthar has been at it since retirement. No surprise there. The guy I have a issue with is Waheed Khan. He keeps saying if we wanna be good in cricket we gotta follow India.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,138
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    In a way, this also shows the failure of Pakistani media when it comes to sports networks (not that that is something new). It's pathetic that PTV Sports and Geo Super are the only Pakistani sports channels and they obviously don't have very deep pockets because they just aren't good. Some of the good analysts or bigger names (yes, those are few in number) would have been on those with their shows, analysis etc. Instead, pretty much everyone is running off to YouTube while also doing their gigs on news and sports channels.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  33. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    3,456
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You and I wouldíve been doing the same things if we were in their position. At least theyíve sorted out their livings. Weíve seen athletes of the past who left this world without the penny in their pockets and we only acknowledged them when our acknowledgement meant nothing to them.

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,002
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats wrong with them capitalizing off of indians?

    Why is there so much anomosity when it comes to india here?

    If people want to listen to nonsense its their choice. You all have the choice to ignore and not subscribe to their youtube channels.

    Fact is our sports media is in the dumps. Its utter trash.

    Youtube has given voice to a lot of people to express their opinions. At the end of the day if they present their opinions its just opinions and not facts.

    My only issue with these youtube channels is that they provide nothing in terms of substance when it comes to cricket knowledge being passed on.

    And if you guys had the chance to make money off of youtube you would be the first to make videos about indian cricket. I say let them eat

  35. #35
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    5,415
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    E.g 5000 views get you 1$

    10 million views per month = $2000

    This is easy money for them
    This isn't how it works.

    5000 for 1 dollar is too less.

    Usually it's a lot more.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    644
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another issue is that PCB has no system that it pays ex cricketers. So they are forced to doings stuff like youtube to earn some money.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,484
    Mentioned
    1668 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The quality is diabolical.

    Most of them just seem to be stating the obvious, just for the sake of it.



  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    6,752
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In youtube when i search for `Analysis on indian match`. I see more videos from Pakistani experts than Indian. Even when i search terms like analysis on kohli/ rohit/ bumrah, I see the same pattern. I have been seeing this from the past 6-12 months.


    ...

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,035
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    How much do they pick per video. Is something like a 1 cent per video?
    In Pakistan its $7-800 for every 100k views on a video.

    This is per a irfan junejo a local YouTuber.

    In more developed economies it is more

    Length of video also matters. 10+ mins in recommended thatís why most videos by these guys are between 10 and 11 mins

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,035
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    In youtube when i search for `Analysis on indian match`. I see more videos from Pakistani experts than Indian. Even when i search terms like analysis on kohli/ rohit/ bumrah, I see the same pattern. I have been seeing this from the past 6-12 months.
    Yea easy money. Taking indian public and companies for a ride and making money off em


  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,035
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    I would be embarrassed if I were a Pakistani. Shoaib Akhtar defined Pakistani aggression to us back in the day. Heís singing praises for India for money (not a lot) being thrown at him by Indians these days.

    Itís like youíve lost a war and now all your veterans are anarkalis in our court. Entertaining us for some lose change.
    Itís actually very smart

    Heís making a mamoo of Indians and literally taking money out of their pockets

    Money isnít bad when heís gets $3-4000 for a 10 min video which he doesnít have to even get edited or anything.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,035
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    I mean aren't these guys financially stable ?

    Shoaib Akhtar is borderline begging for Indian views by putting India and Kohli in every video of his. Considering he was a star player for his country and played int'l Cricket for more than a decade , it's ridiculous to see him act like those Western YTers who bait Indian views.
    Free money is always good lol.

    Who cares when youíre taking others for a ride and also picking their pockets

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,035
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    Yes, that will come to ~ 30,000 PKR per video. He makes at least 10-15 videos every month so ~ 4,00,000 PKR.

    Apart from this he is attending analysis and hosting programs for other media outlets so I guess he must be making at least 7-8 PKR per month. Good for a retired person who is not into any coaching job.
    Those numbers arenít correct

    Akhtar gets atleast 300k views so for that heís making a couple thousand USD atleast

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,484
    Mentioned
    1668 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Yea easy money. Taking indian public and companies for a ride and making money off em
    If they had any sense, the public would see right through it.



  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    6,752
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    If they had any sense, the public would see right through it.
    It's just a phase, now as we see more videos as such, i am only watching the ones that interest me. Game on hai is 1 show which i watch post Indian matches from your side.


    ...

  46. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,528
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India's internet penetration has increased massively since Jio's launch now that every other paindu has high speed 4G at affordable rates.

    Indian public like our public loves foreign validation and Shoaib and others are utilising this well. I stay far from their videos as i dont find them insightful. But props to them for earning a solid living!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    699
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they will get money based on their celebrity status, not based on number of views basis.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,138
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Also depends on how long the video is.

    A 10+ min video will make more. It's common sense tbh.
    Longer videos will bring in a bit more $$$ but a very small percentage of viewers actually watch full videos. The average attention span is pretty low.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    168
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as it is helping in financing our current account deficit, I am fine with it.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    25,035
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Longer videos will bring in a bit more $$$ but a very small percentage of viewers actually watch full videos. The average attention span is pretty low.
    @Abdullah719.

    So it seems Irfan Junejo has deleted the video where he talked about how much he makes. It was during Kashmir article 370 repeal time when he basically didnít make a video to criticize India and for lot of flak. I remember him saying he gets $6-700 for every 100k views but maybe he just threw the number out randomly

    https://youtu.be/do1VLjNg6AE

    This girl details how much she earns. She says her CPM from India for one particular video is ~$1.2. This is for a 4 min video and it goes up if itís 10min + and if topic is hot. So for these cricket videos I think $1.2 would probably be on the low end and likely a bit higher.

    But even then conservatively itís basically $120 for every 100k views. Iím guessing best case it goes to $200 for that many views from India or Pakistan. Mind you they are getting 2-400k views usually and multiple videos a week. (Caught behind has multiple a day sometimes lol).

    So basically for half an hour effort itís good returns.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,138
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    @Abdullah719.

    So it seems Irfan Junejo has deleted the video where he talked about how much he makes. It was during Kashmir article 370 repeal time when he basically didn’t make a video to criticize India and for lot of flak. I remember him saying he gets $6-700 for every 100k views but maybe he just threw the number out randomly

    https://youtu.be/do1VLjNg6AE

    This girl details how much she earns. She says her CPM from India for one particular video is ~$1.2. This is for a 4 min video and it goes up if it’s 10min + and if topic is hot. So for these cricket videos I think $1.2 would probably be on the low end and likely a bit higher.

    But even then conservatively it’s basically $120 for every 100k views. I’m guessing best case it goes to $200 for that many views from India or Pakistan. Mind you they are getting 2-400k views usually and multiple videos a week. (Caught behind has multiple a day sometimes lol).

    So basically for half an hour effort it’s good returns.
    OK lemme break this down.

    If you have 100k views on a video and the CPM is $1.2, that doesn't equal to $120. This CPM of $1.2 is playback-based CPM, i.e. CPM for monetised playbacks.

    A monetised playback on YouTube is basically when a user actually watches an ad up to a certain point or clicks on it, which determines whether the view is actually monetised or not. So for an overlay ad, it depends on whether the user clicks on it. For a skippable video ad, it depends on whether a viewer watches 30 seconds of it (there is an option to skip after a few seconds).

    In real terms, only a portion of those 100k views will have monetised playbacks. I know someone who gets around 25% of their views monetised so that'd mean around $30 with a CPM of $1.2 for 100,000 views, of which 25,000 are monetised. That translates to an actual CPM of ~$0.3.

    There's a lot of guesswork and variance involved here, so these are just estimates of course. YouTube is quite volatile.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  52. #52
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    38,138
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    OK lemme break this down.

    If you have 100k views on a video and the CPM is $1.2, that doesn't equal to $120. This CPM of $1.2 is playback-based CPM, i.e. CPM for monetised playbacks.

    A monetised playback on YouTube is basically when a user actually watches an ad up to a certain point or clicks on it, which determines whether the view is actually monetised or not. So for an overlay ad, it depends on whether the user clicks on it. For a skippable video ad, it depends on whether a viewer watches 30 seconds of it (there is an option to skip after a few seconds).

    In real terms, only a portion of those 100k views will have monetised playbacks. I know someone who gets around 25% of their views monetised so that'd mean around $30 with a CPM of $1.2 for 100,000 views, of which 25,000 are monetised. That translates to an actual CPM of ~$0.3.

    There's a lot of guesswork and variance involved here, so these are just estimates of course. YouTube is quite volatile.
    Just realised I forgot the most important thing... YouTube takes 45% of the ad revenue. So you only get 55% of the total revenue. So that $30 becomes $16ish.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    330
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think all this would be true if Shoaib Akhtar and these other players were lying or vastly exaggerating the truth.

    The simple fact is this - Pakistan has been awful recently except perhaps Babar Azam, while India has done brilliantly. It is easy to prise Kohli because he is the best player in the world, supremely fit and captain of the best performing team.

    So yes, perhaps theyíre talking about India a bit more than necessary. But all of what theyíre saying is correct so itís not an issue.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    14,879
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give me 2 weeks, I can make Pandya the world's best all rounder - Razzaq lol That is the best way to make money. Pandya is rich now. He is worth 1.5 million dollars.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,503
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    I think all this would be true if Shoaib Akhtar and these other players were lying or vastly exaggerating the truth.

    The simple fact is this - Pakistan has been awful recently except perhaps Babar Azam, while India has done brilliantly. It is easy to prise Kohli because he is the best player in the world, supremely fit and captain of the best performing team.

    So yes, perhaps they’re talking about India a bit more than necessary. But all of what they’re saying is correct so it’s not an issue.
    That is the issue. If you were an Indian, yes fine. For a Pakistan player (former one) - not on.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  56. #56
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,324
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    India's internet penetration has increased massively since Jio's launch now that every other paindu has high speed 4G at affordable rates.

    Indian public like our public loves foreign validation and Shoaib and others are utilising this well. I stay far from their videos as i dont find them insightful. But props to them for earning a solid living!
    Totally agree with you. There is a strong craving for foreign validation.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    330
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    That is the issue. If you were an Indian, yes fine. For a Pakistan player (former one) - not on.
    This is the equivalent of during the 80s, making videos about the West Indies team and saying how we should play like them etc.

    Nothing wrong with comparing with the best players in the world.

    People are just making an issue about this because the best players happen to be Indian and so, because of the politics, we should not talk about them.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,943
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I think it also has to do with how well India is playing these days. It's easy to praise them and cash in.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    351
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Free money is always good lol.

    Who cares when you’re taking others for a ride and also picking their pockets
    Sad state of Cricketers in Pakistan, where their former legends have to resort to "taking others for a ride" and "picking their pockets" for free money.

    I have never seen any of these videos so I can't comment on their quality, but India is the biggest cricket market in the world and it makes perfect sense for these guys to talk about Indian cricket to get more views. Also it makes sense for these guys to target Indian market because most of Pakastani players are not proficient in English to target western audience.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    351
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup, I saw some videos from Akthar's channel, they are in Hindi, so it will be North Indians and Pakistanis are the ones that are watching the videos.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,503
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    This is the equivalent of during the 80s, making videos about the West Indies team and saying how we should play like them etc.

    Nothing wrong with comparing with the best players in the world.

    People are just making an issue about this because the best players happen to be Indian and so, because of the politics, we should not talk about them.
    No one is saying dont talk about Indian players. This forum has plenty of threads about Indian players but look at how much we also talk about Pakistan players too. All we are asking is as Pakistani cricketers talk about your own country's players and how they need to improve etc.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    51,358
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When Razzaq made that comment about Bumrah he got a lot।of phainty by Pakistani Youtubers. That was quite funny and odd.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    330
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    No one is saying dont talk about Indian players. This forum has plenty of threads about Indian players but look at how much we also talk about Pakistan players too. All we are asking is as Pakistani cricketers talk about your own country's players and how they need to improve etc.
    Okay I just opened his channel, and please correct me if Iím wrong here.

    From his last 25 videos uploaded, 2 of them seem to be centred on India. In fact, both of them are about Kohli.

    So he makes the majority of his videos about Pakistan and interviews players and celebrities etc. And then makes a couple of videos about the best/ most popular player in the world.

    In what way is he not talking about his own country as you stated?

  64. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,503
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Okay I just opened his channel, and please correct me if I’m wrong here.

    From his last 25 videos uploaded, 2 of them seem to be centred on India. In fact, both of them are about Kohli.

    So he makes the majority of his videos about Pakistan and interviews players and celebrities etc. And then makes a couple of videos about the best/ most popular player in the world.

    In what way is he not talking about his own country as you stated?
    I will not popularize anyone's channels but suffice to say the length of Kohli vs what he talks about Naseem should give you a clue.

    Lets not go in specifics. There is an obvious trend here - and its not just one guy - there are others following same trend.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    350
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib keeps harping about how he was the only "superstar" of the Pakistani team, yet this so called superstar has to beg for Indian views to feed his family.

    Off topic, he was not even close to being the biggest superstar of the team at any stage. Wasim, Waqar, Afridi were and will always remain bigger names than him.

    He has become such a disgraceful man.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,324
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I will not popularize anyone's channels but suffice to say the length of Kohli vs what he talks about Naseem should give you a clue.

    Lets not go in specifics. There is an obvious trend here - and its not just one guy - there are others following same trend.
    What is more striking is the lack of insights. Akhtar and a lot of others donít have any insights better than your average paan seller has. Itís hard to believe that heís played cricket at the highest level and his advice to bowlers is not on any technical aspects but on silly things such as jazba, junoon, and badmashi.

    To talk about upcoming Pakistani players he would need knowledge which requires research. I donít think he can do the research.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    2,710
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afridi doing a tour of his house was an enjoyable video.

    Apparently the bat he used in his debut fastest century was Sachinís

  68. #68
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,511
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    What is more striking is the lack of insights. Akhtar and a lot of others don’t have any insights better than your average paan seller has. It’s hard to believe that he’s played cricket at the highest level and his advice to bowlers is not on any technical aspects but on silly things such as jazba, junoon, and badmashi.

    To talk about upcoming Pakistani players he would need knowledge which requires research. I don’t think he can do the research.
    And thats the problem right there, not genuine analysis, just what pops up in their heads at that moment. No insight whatsoever.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,511
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    Afridi doing a tour of his house was an enjoyable video.

    Apparently the bat he used in his debut fastest century was Sachin’s
    Given to him by waqar younis who took it from sachin, great story.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,511
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afridi does it the right way, he went to a domestic game and asked about the new system and what improvements were needed like umpiring standards. Izzat and genuine insight.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,661
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Given to him by waqar younis who took it from sachin, great story.
    I doubt it. It is just a fictional story.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    759
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    I'm pretty sure it can be anywhere from $1 to $10 per 1000 views
    0.01 to 0.05 in South Asia depends on the product and relevant ad placed on your video. If you are reviewing tech products, you will be paid more as the user is more likely to get a tech ad which in general is more expensive than a movie ad where the potential customer is only at max will spend Rs.200($4)/ movie. South Asian youtubers make money from place ads before and during video from direct sponsors.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    330
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I will not popularize anyone's channels but suffice to say the length of Kohli vs what he talks about Naseem should give you a clue.

    Lets not go in specifics. There is an obvious trend here - and its not just one guy - there are others following same trend.
    Look at the comparison you are making.

    Arguably the greatest player of this generation who has a knack for being insane in chases, being supremely fit, captaining a top team etc

    Vs...

    A kid who has just played a couple of matches and showed good potential.

    Personally Iím a huge Naseem fan and think he could be our next superstar. However if I had to make a video about a cricketer purely from a cricketing perspective, I would pick Kohli because there is just so much more to talk about.

    Look, i agree that these people are milking the Indian angle because it gets extra views. My point is simply that, given Indiaís current dominance, the obsession is warranted.

    If for example, someone was making videos repeatedly on Dhawan or Jadeja (good but not amazing players) I would say okay this is ridiculous. Talking about Kohli, or the Indian team culture etc makes sense.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    2,595
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Lol Shoaib Akhtar is top of this list.

    He is really making mamoo of all the gullible Indian Public and making thousands of dollars as a result.

    Every video of his has mention of India or Virat Kohli somehow. Can’t really blame him either. To him it almost doubles his views. It’s easy money as it comes and he’s taking them all for a ride.

    The funny thing is even other guys have started doing it who don’t even have viewership.

    Prime example is Tanvir Ahmed. He sometimes barely crosses 10k views per video but now he’s started putting a lot of Indian related content especially in the title and for those videos he goes well over 50k views.
    lol virat kohli - punjabi hein
    fitness culture
    phaassst bowling
    jazba
    daleri
    aggressivity**
    tagada

    absolutely easy money. Apparently india is his second favourite team rofl.

    Even brad Hogg does the same stuff. Puts a picture of and indian player on the front cover to get some likes rofl. It's beyond pathetic.

    I do however think that shoaib has some fans in india. Lot of people do like him there.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    2,595
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly people actually love watching shoaib make a fool of himself by talking rubbish rofl. He spews a lot of trash content. It's hilarious. I watch it sometimes just to hear the word tagada rofl. Hilarious

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,482
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't Jealous. I would do the same thing by monetizing of YouTube. These players are banned from traveling and commenting in India now

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,482
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waleed93 View Post
    Shoaib keeps harping about how he was the only "superstar" of the Pakistani team, yet this so called superstar has to beg for Indian views to feed his family.

    Off topic, he was not even close to being the biggest superstar of the team at any stage. Wasim, Waqar, Afridi were and will always remain bigger names than him.

    He has become such a disgraceful man.
    Akhtar had Afridi level endorsements in his playing days. What are you talking about

  78. #78
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,063
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Itís actually very smart

    Heís making a mamoo of Indians and literally taking money out of their pockets

    Money isnít bad when heís gets $3-4000 for a 10 min video which he doesnít have to even get edited or anything.
    Even begging with a katora in your hands is free money. You don't do that, do you?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,563
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol I am not sure why people are being so jealous. Pakistani ex players don’t have the luxury and benefits as Indian ex players so they need to find a source to feed their family. I am not sure what’s wrong in that.

    Take an example of the Pak Passion forum. Though this is a Pakistani forum, don’t you expect users from other countries (specifically Indians) to create a login and start posting?

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,298
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the point of this thread? Garib bichare thode paise kama rahe hai, isme bhi kya problem?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •