Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Shoaib Akhtar opens up on treatment of Danish Kaneria based on his religion

Shoaib Akhtar on TV program about Danish Kaneria:

"The times I had issues with people was when people spoke about regionalism; when they spoke about being from Peshawar or Karachi, then I used to get really angry"

"A Hindu played for the Pakistan team and its he who won us a Test series"

"I dont want to bring this out in the open but once someone said 'Sir, why is he eating from here [implying same place as others]' , I said I am going to throw you out because this man is getting wickets for your country"

"It was said that I had something to do with the win in the England series but the fact is that Danish Kaneria and Mohammad Sami were the real reasons we won"

"So why wasnt Danish Kaneria given credit (for the win)? This used to really rile me up"
    ===

[Article adding its own context - so read with care]

Extremism and fanaticism against Hindus in Pakistan have been a well-established fact. The minority Hindus of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan have always been treated as separate and unequal citizens in the country in a form of religious apartheid.

The country’s former fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has once again rehashed the plight of Hindu’s in Pakistan by making a revelation about ex-cricketer Danish Kaneria, who was the second Hindu after Anil Dalpat in the Pakistani cricket team.

While talking on a chat show on a Pakistani TV channel, the former pace bowler said that the Pakistani cricket team was “unfair to Danish Kaneria as he was a Hindu”. He was mistreated on the pretext of his religion and often the co-players refused to even eat with him because he was a Hindu, revealed Akhtar.

https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/shoa...ated-pakistan/
    Last edited by MenInG; 26th December 2019 at 15:33.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Kaneria is probably the most under-appreciated cricketer in Pakistanís history. He is the 4th highest wicket-taker in Test cricket and would have had a lot more if his career wasnít cut short before the UAE era.

Not to mention all the drop catches by Akmal and Woolmer/Inzamamís instance to play one spinner in Asia.

A clearly better Test spinner than Ajmal and Yasir. He actually performed really well in several countries outside Asia.

There is no doubt that his religion has contributed to the lack of respect and recognition from the Pakistani fans and players.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Kaneria is probably the most under-appreciated cricketer in Pakistan’s history. He is the 4th highest wicket-taker in Test cricket and would have had a lot more if his career wasn’t cut short before the UAE era.

Not to mention all the drop catches by Akmal and Woolmer/Inzamam’s instance to play one spinner in Asia.

A clearly better Test spinner than Ajmal and Yasir. He actually performed really well in several countries outside Asia.

There is no doubt that his religion has contributed to the lack of respect and recognition from the Pakistani fans and players.
    and his involvement in fixing maybe, I dunno.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kaneria is probably the most under-appreciated cricketer in Pakistanís history. He is the 4th highest wicket-taker in Test cricket and would have had a lot more if his career wasnít cut short before the UAE era.

Not to mention all the drop catches by Akmal and Woolmer/Inzamamís instance to play one spinner in Asia.

Not "the Pakistani fans and players" but some hateful fans/players.

Hey, I'm a fan and got immense respect for Kaneria and Shoaib played for Pak and respects Kaneria, as is evident by his comments.

It's ironic that your first post is

In before the ďhe is saying this to please his Indian fansĒ comment...
    And then you drop this generalized sly comment.

And yep, Akmal owns at least 30 wickets to Kaneria, his stats don't reflect his true worth.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The whole fixing thing happened later. He was not respected even when he was an integral part of the team. But yes, if it wasnít for his religion, he would have had more support from the fans when it came to the fixing case.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Not "the Pakistani fans and players" but some hateful fans/players.

Hey, I'm a fan and got immense respect for Kaneria and Shoaib played for Pak and respects Kaneria, as is evident by his comments.

It's ironic that your first post is

And then you drop this generalized sly comment.

And yep, Akmal owns at least 30 wickets to Kaneria, his stats don't reflect his true worth.
    People like you are in the minority. The majority never liked Kaneria. This includes the players and the fans.

You grew up in Europe so you donít reflect the Pakistani society.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Before someone mentions Yousuf and why he was still loved and admired when he was Youhana - well the difference is that he was a Christian.

While all minorities are discriminated in Pakistan, it is worse for Ahmadis and Hindus (because of the India connection).

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really sad to see this is in Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaneria is probably the most under-appreciated cricketer in Pakistan’s history. He is the 4th highest wicket-taker in Test cricket and would have had a lot more if his career wasn’t cut short before the UAE era.

Not to mention all the drop catches by Akmal and Woolmer/Inzamam’s instance to play one spinner in Asia.

An example
    Post #24 on this thread http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...mer-cricketers

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib just looking for views as usual. Danish Kaneria was quoted on repeated occasions saying that his religion has never been an issue.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I can totally see this happening

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Let's be real - Kaneria was hardly a great spinner.

Ajmal and even Yasir Shah are superior.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Before someone mentions Yousuf and why he was still loved and admired when he was Youhana - well the difference is that he was a Christian.

While all minorities are discriminated in Pakistan, it is worse for Ahmadis and Hindus (because of the India connection).
    Check his batting record - could explain why he is "admired"

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Mamoon that he was mistreated prior to the match fixing....let's not forget there was a high profile christian player who converted to Islam in that same

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kaneria just happens to have opened a YouTube Account where most Indian/Hindu Comments are that they will leave the other Pakistan cricketers Channels and start Supporting his due to him being a brother.

Shaoib Akhtar doesn't want to lose his viewers

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter how bad things get in India, it will never sink to PakistanĎs level when it comes to the treatment of minorities.
    I think you are in denial there....India is becoming like Pakistan for its minorities

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salma_T View Post
    I have to agree with Mamoon that he was mistreated prior to the match fixing....let's not forget there was a high profile christian player who converted to Islam in that same
    And that lead to him being a fixer?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, a bowler with 35 average, who didn't win Pakistan any important games abroad is underrated,lol. Add to that the fact that he was poor in ODI's, so he didn't have any star power comparable to Akhtar or a Afridi, its a no brainer that he didn't capture the imagination of Pakistani public, but you would obviously try to twist this to bash Pakistanis and Islam.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not saying that at all but we all know the kind of bias that exists in Pakistan re minorities

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    kaneria was technically very skilled, and had a brilliant leg break, and yes having akmal behind the stumps really hurt him, but lets have a balanced view here, he often bowled a hit me ball every over, and his fifers used to be expensive. take out his record against a very poor bangladesh and he averaged about 37, 38.

add to that the match fixing stuff and i don't think hes under appreciated, hes adequately appreciated as a good leggie with not much control who ruined his career by fixing.

was he discriminated for being a hindu, perhaps, you cant take his word for it tho, hes hardly gonna come out and say anything against his former team mates, also knowing pakistani attitudes im guessing most of this stuff was said behind his back.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I have met enough people that are prejudiced but Danish was never spoken of as the Hindu spinner, he was always criticised by people for not reaching his full potential. As we all know Danish is amongst the most talented bowlers PK has ever produced and Like Akhtar, underachieved big time. Ironically the player that got most hate for his appealing attitude was Akhtar himself. Please stop trying to rewrite history.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I really don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about here. And clearly are making things up on the fly.

The reason why Kaneria wasn't as loved was because he never warranted it since he was a one format player and that format being tests which the majority awaam does not watch or care for anyway.

Even Younis Khan didn't really have that much love from the Pakistani awaam till he won't the world T20 as captain. Same reason why Misbah never got widespread public adulation to the level he should've gotten.

Obviously there is discrimination and It is quite possible the public may not have loved him as much as an equivalent Muslim player but the simple fact is that he never got to that level to begin with.

I rated him highly but I'm not majority. I also rate Younis and Yousuf higher than Afridi but that's not the general awaam's opinion.
    Last edited by Slog; 26th December 2019 at 17:14.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salma_T View Post
    No he wasnt. He underachieved and people were disappointed with his performances. @Mamoon has different agenda, which Modi and fascists have recently had thrown back in his face.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    kaneria was technically very skilled, and had a brilliant leg break, and yes having akmal behind the stumps really hurt him, but lets have a balanced view here, he often bowled a hit me ball every over, and his fifers used to be expensive. take out his record against a very poor bangladesh and he averaged about 37, 38.

add to that the match fixing stuff and i don't think hes under appreciated, hes adequately appreciated as a good leggie with not much control who ruined his career by fixing.

was he discriminated for being a hindu, perhaps, you cant take his word for it tho, hes hardly gonna come out and say anything against his former team mates, also knowing pakistani attitudes im guessing most of this stuff was said behind his back.
    The match fixing stuff should have no impact on his reputation.

Amir fixed an international game for Pakistan. Kaneria did for essex. If Amir is not impacted neither should Kaneria.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Let's be real - Kaneria was hardly a great spinner.

Ajmal and even Yasir Shah are superior.
    That's not the point though.

Also people are conflating things.

Even Akhtar didn't say the reason for his lack of appreciation was because he's Hindu. However what did happen was people having reservations that he's eating from same plates as them which I can totally see happening and which to be honest happens in India too.
    Last edited by Slog; 26th December 2019 at 17:17.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because Danish Kaneria was worlds best spinner ahead his time, he played so many matches despite his religion and selected ahead of the likes of Saqlain, Mushtaq Ahmed, and even kept Ajmal at bay for years.

It took the selection of Ajmal to supersede Danish Kaneria at the time when his form was low while dealing with the allegations of spot fixing that Pakistan didnít need after spot fixing in 2010.

Like the trio in 2010, Danish Kaneria are responsible for the ruination of his own career alone and no one to blame apart from Kamran Akmal.

Donít bring religion card here especially when he was star preferred by Inzimam as captain more than any captain in the history of Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    The match fixing stuff should have no impact on his reputation.

Amir fixed an international game for Pakistan. Kaneria did for essex. If Amir is not impacted neither should Kaneria.
    not sure what ur point is here, i said kaneria ruined his career by fixing, given the pcb abided by the ecbs decision to give him a life ban. this aint an opinion its a fact.

as far as reputation goes, hes in the same boat as asif and butt, or even salim malik, amir (rightly or wrongly) got the benefit of the doubt cos he was young but i never was making a point on that.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MenInG

Where was Shoaib Akhtar when Rashid Latif and many others went to court to save his career? Where has this media outlet mentioned ECB direct interference in destroying his career? Rss like their founding fathers are still loyal to Britain.
    RSS radical media sources like opindia and swarajyamag being posted here. I'm sure if we post content from Zaid Hamid it would automatically be removed.

Probably an attempt to balance the negative publicity of India currently whats happening to muslim minorities there.

Kaneria in 2015 went to India and requested Bcci to help him get his ban lifted, why didnt they help?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana View Post
    Yeah, a bowler with 35 average, who didn't win Pakistan any important games abroad is underrated,lol. Add to that the fact that he was poor in ODI's, so he didn't have any star power comparable to Akhtar or a Afridi, its a no brainer that he didn't capture the imagination of Pakistani public, but you would obviously try to twist this to bash Pakistanis and Islam.
    I really don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about here. And clearly are making things up on the fly.

The reason why Kaneria wasn't as loved was because he never warranted it since he was a one format player and that format being tests which the majority awaam does not watch or care for anyway.

Even Younis Khan didn't really have that much love from the Pakistani awaam till he won't the world T20 as captain. Same reason why Misbah never got widespread public adulation to the level he should've gotten.

Obviously there is discrimination and It is quite possible the public may not have loved him as much as an equivalent Muslim player but the simple fact is that he never got to that level to begin with.

I rated him highly but I'm not majority. I also rate Younis and Yousuf higher than Afridi but that's not the general awaam's opinion.
    Firstly, there is a big difference between getting superstar status and getting due respect.

No one is saying that Kaneria should have been a superstar and should have been an icon of Pakistan cricket. After all, he was a Test specialist and wasnít charismatic so it is understandable that he didnít have a significant fan following.

The comparisons of Misbah and Younis have no relevance with relation to Kaneria.

Misbah became a villainous figure for many people because of the Mohali performance and the subsequent tuk tuk culture under his captaincy.

Younis is not disliked or disrespected by the general public. Yes he is not a star like Afridi of Akhtar, but he is generally admired because of his record in Test cricket. He is criticized only by a small section of ardent fans who are aware of his antics and behavior.

Kaneria was one of the least controversial players in the team during his playing career. Unfortunately, many people disliked him simply because he was a Hindu. If he wasnít a Hindu, he would not be a superstar but he would definitely have been more popular than he is now.

Sadly, it is a reflection of our intolerant society.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Firstly, there is a big difference between getting superstar status and getting due respect.

No one is saying that Kaneria should have been a superstar and should have been an icon of Pakistan cricket. After all, he was a Test specialist and wasnít charismatic so it is understandable that he didnít have a significant fan following.

The comparisons of Misbah and Younis have no relevance with relation to Kaneria.

Misbah became a villainous figure for many people because of the Mohali performance and the subsequent tuk tuk culture under his captaincy.

Younis is not disliked or disrespected by the general public. Yes he is not a star like Afridi of Akhtar, but he is generally admired because of his record in Test cricket. He is criticized only by a small section of ardent fans who are aware of his antics and behavior.

Kaneria was one of the least controversial players in the team during his playing career. Unfortunately, many people disliked him simply because he was a Hindu. If he wasnít a Hindu, he would not be a superstar but he would definitely have been more popular than he is now.

There is no basis to claim that he was disliked let alone disliked because he was a hindu cricketer

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mamoon is talking some serious drivel here.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    There is no basis to claim that he was disliked let alone disliked because he was a hindu cricketer
    Think the basis is that it makes Pakistan look bad. Surely you know the narrative by now.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Kaneria is the brightest star ever to live in Pakistan - we were blessed with his presence until some evil pushed him into fixing.
    Last edited by MenInG; 26th December 2019 at 18:22.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I know a lot of people generally, and through my job, I got to know even more, and not a single one has ever said they disliked Danish because he was a Hindu , they were to a person, just like the posters on here, disappointed with his underachievement. This forum represents a broad spectrum of PK fans, go back through the threads on Danish and find one person, just one that even hinted at dislike of him because he was a Hindu. So stop your agenda driven crap and deal in facts.
    Last edited by Bewal Express; 26th December 2019 at 18:37.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Think the basis is that it makes Pakistan look bad. Surely you know the narrative by now.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Kaneria is the brightest star ever to live in Pakistan - we were blessed with his presence until some evil pushed him into fixing.
    It hurts them that as we are becoming more progressive, Modi has turned Ind into a basket case

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danish Kaneria 261 on youtube now, might as well earn something cleanly for all he lost.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I was watching Danish highlights from the 2005 England series and I still can't figure out why didn't become an ATG test player. He had a sharp spinning leg break, he had an excellent googly, he was tall and got bounce, and he played alot of tests. Just like Sami, Akhtar, Asif he underachieved big time. Maybe the lack of grey matter was the reason.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think more people had a problem with him being from Karachi rather than him being Hindu. Regardless, heís faced bias on 2 fronts.

That said, after retirement, I donít think heís been treated all that different than other former spinners (Saqlain, Ajmal...). They generally disappear after retirement. Spin bowling isnít as sexy as fast bowling or batting.

The ďdonít eat with usĒ argument is a result of illiteracy in certain (large) parts of our society

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If anything he faced Karachi bias like Fawad

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If anything he faced Karachi bias like Fawad
    Faced no bias..

He was a favourite of inzy and was picked even beyond merit ahead of mushy saqlain etc

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasimjunior View Post
    Faced no bias..

He was a favourite of inzy and was picked even beyond merit ahead of mushy saqlain etc
    Let facts not come in the way of blind hatred for Pakistan!

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak cricketer Danish Kaneria to ANI on Shoaib Akhtar's allegations that Pak players had problems eating with Kaneria as he's a Hindu:He told the truth. I'll reveal names of players who didn't like to talk to me as I was a Hindu. Didn't have courage to speak on it, but now I will.
    Last edited by MenInG; 26th December 2019 at 19:57.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Test lover View Post
    Pak cricketer Danish Kaneria to ANI on Shoaib Akhtar's allegations that Pak players had problems eating with Kaneria as he's a Hindu:He told the truth. I'll reveal names of players who didn't like to talk to me as I was a Hindu. Didn't have courage to speak on it, but now I will.
    Amazing long term memory this - only issue is that its also brought up years later.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Kaneria is converted Muslim like Yousuf Youhana

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guess who will be in list

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Amazing long term memory this - only issue is that its also brought up years later.
    I totally believe that subtle things like comments on him eating from same utensils were made. It happens in Pakistan and to some extent India too.

Only issue in this thread is that the fan base didnít warm to him due to being hindu which imo is totally false. Itís not that the Awaam is incapable of doing that but rather because he never reached that level or stage for the issue to creep ip

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Let him name names. Those players, if they exist need to be outed and humiliated for their appalling behaviour.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Given how pakistan dressing room was known for being so volatile, i think this is not the only story waiting to come out. There was a story about Mo yo (then Yousuf Youhana) as well in relation with Kaneria.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's about time PCB made the players sign confidentiality agreements for existing and retired players. Because such stories should be dealt with internally

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I recall an Indian journalist ( who was a muslim ) once ask Kaneria how it was to be hindu in Pakistan. He shot back asking how did the journalist feel to be a muslim in India. Obviously he meant things were bad to compare his condition with indian muslims.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Given how pakistan dressing room was known for being so volatile, i think this is not the only story waiting to come out. There was a story about Mo yo (then Yousuf Youhana) as well in relation with Kaneria.
    Pretty sure MoYo wouldíve become judgemental about Danish and made comments because he always came across as a judgemental Muslim after he converted as he has ticket to jannah already.

Also Danish was from middle class background and not poverty stricken like Yousuf so donít think he had as much pressure or reason to convert

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
    I think it's about time PCB made the players sign confidentiality agreements for existing and retired players. Because such stories should be dealt with internally
    Lol thatís really impossible and has no precedence.

At most you can have such agreements about tactics and in period you are actually in the team

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If I remember Only 2 Hindus played in Pakistan squad in their entire cricket history,
    One was Anil Dalpat another was Danish Kaneria.
    Last edited by andy0204; 26th December 2019 at 20:40.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy0204 View Post
    If I remember Only 2 Hindus played in Pakistan squad in their entire cricket history,
    Most Hindus are Sindhi. Sindhis havenít played cricket for Pakistan much at all

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "I salute Shoaib bhai, I respect him. What he said must have been the truth. Besides Shoaib bhai, Inzamam, Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf - besides these 4 players, no one supported me"

"It was a player, everyone knows him. At the right time, I will tell who it is"

"I was born Hindu, I will die Hindu"

"Younis Khan was my closest friend. I can't take anyone else's name besides that but I will explain in detail"

"I respect and salute Shoaib bhai for saying what he did"

"I will reveal the names at the right time. The time is the most important thing"

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I remember Only 2 Hindus were playing in Pakistan squad in their entire cricket history,
    True. I think Bangladesh had more like Alok Kapali, Sowmya sarkar, LItton Das, Shuvagoto Hom, Tapasb Baisya. Next time we comment about South African quota system we have to think twice.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th December 2019 at 20:51.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did Shoaib Akhtar not speak up when he was in the team??

He's going to new lows just to gain followers. Does anyone actually think he cares about Kaneria? He was probably one of the people who didn't like to eat with Kaneria.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    (one has to give credit where its due. I would like to give credit for thread starter 'MenInG' for posting this thread instead of trying to brush under the carpet or trying to hide it & also would like to congratulate/give credit to pakistani members in this thread for condemning it . Its nice to see many pakistani members trying to call a wrong as wrong instead of justifying with some other reasons.)

Now coming to the topic, to be frank I m not surprised, this religion,caste,creed,skin color, race based discrimination happens in south east asia and its a fact.

I have heard horrible stories in India where upper caste hindus don't like to eat in the same utensils that lower caste ate or even sitting beside them in the same class. As I said when I hear this kind of stories, I am not surprised as this was(probably is) practiced in India unfortunately.

In hyderabad where I live, many north east indians come to work in menial jobs & some locals discriminate or make fun of them by calling 'chinkies' or 'dog eaters' etc., which is some wrong.
    Last edited by IndianHero; 26th December 2019 at 21:02.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides Shoaib bhai, Inzamam, Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf - besides these 4 players, no one supported me"
    Maybe he is referring towards Afridi. Even Moyo supported him.
    Last edited by hafeezrocks; 26th December 2019 at 21:03.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezrocks View Post
    Maybe he is referring towards Afridi. Even Moyo supported him.
    I don't think so, he appears nice to me.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kaneria has never brought up this issue Even tho he hasnt played for pakistan for the last 10 yrs Ditto akhter But now that he has a youtube channel...

Im not saying there wasnt any but if it was as bad as akhters insinuating surely he wouldnt have played for pakistan for near a decade and surely it wouldve been mentioned earlier?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    It's taken them 14 years to remember this. Interesting.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly like when women who are harassed talks about it after 15 years and the privileged segment of the society comments "it took them 15 years to remember. Why didn't they talk about it at that time?"

Completely up to the victim to come up whenever they feel they are ready to come out. We are no one to question their intentions. If Kaneria faced all this as Shoaib says, then we as a society should hang our heads in shame.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really sad to hear

They should be named and shamed
    Last edited by shah_1; 26th December 2019 at 21:50.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's please stop pretending that is the case. If it was, people wouldn't have cried for 2 mega losers Amir and Sharjeel to return.

You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    It's taken them 14 years to remember this. Interesting.
    This is one of the most senseless logic.

What did you want him to do? Say it when he was in the team and be kicked out as a result?

Though his case unfortunately is weakened and he canít take moral high ground due to his fixing past eventhough the two issues have no relation.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianHero View Post
    (one has to give credit where its due. I would like to give credit for thread starter 'MenInG' for posting this thread instead of trying to brush under the carpet or trying to hide it & also would like to congratulate/give credit to pakistani members in this thread for condemning it . Its nice to see many pakistani members trying to call a wrong as wrong instead of justifying with some other reasons.)
    It seems that twitter and Indian media actually picked it up from here and then it has gone viral. Because the program happened few days ago and I actually watched it live but MIG posts thread and hour later Twitter is filled with it.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you want him to do? Say it when he was in the team and be kicked out as a result?

Though his case unfortunately is weakened and he canít take moral high ground due to his fixing past eventhough the two issues have no relation.
    He said that he wasn't discriminated against when he was in the team, on Game on Hai.

And don't give me the excuse that "he didn't want to be targeted so he said this".

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that twitter and Indian media actually picked it up from here and then it has gone viral. Because the program happened few days ago and I actually watched it live but MIG posts thread and hour later Twitter is filled with it.
    It's because Saj tweeted about it.
    Everyone picked it up from there.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

Though his case unfortunately is weakened and he can’t take moral high ground due to his fixing past eventhough the two issues have no relation.
    Akhtar has been talking about anything and everything for years and for some unknown reason he has forgotten about such a huge issue. Amazing that it had just slipped his mind.
    Last edited by Saj; 26th December 2019 at 22:12.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    This is exactly like when women who are harassed talks about it after 15 years and the privileged segment of the society comments "it took them 15 years to remember. Why didn't they talk about it at that time?"

Completely up to the victim to come up whenever they feel they are ready to come out. We are no one to question their intentions. If Kaneria faced all this as Shoaib says, then we as a society should hang our heads in shame.
    Thats the sanest statement i have seen on this thread. I donít know why sub-continent people are more concerned about keeping up the pretences then actually acknowledging that something like this could very well have happened & that people involved may have had to shut their mouths up for cultural/career reasons.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaneria was fully supported by PCB and the fans loved him in his playing days. I remember everyone used to hate on Kamran Akmal for dropping so many catches off his bowling. He was given fair opportunity eventhough being a minority. Shoaib is just appeasing his Indian audience

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I see no reason why Kaneria deserved any star status. First, he was a test specialist who averaged almost 35. Second, he was a rubbish bowler overall who consistently bowled one or two hit-me balls in every over. Third, his personality was worse than Zulfiqar Babar's with zero charisma. On top of that he was one of the worst batsman and fielder of his time.

Inzy loved Kaneria as evident by the long run he got during Inzy/Woolmer era where he was the only spinner who consistently played against every opposition in every country. He was even selected for the 2007 ODI world cup where his mediocrity was on full display against Zimbabwe when they went over 12 RPO against him.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Considering the tolerance levels of our society, I wouldnt doubt it happened.

But then again, considering the delusions of our society, I wouldnt be surprised if this was just loads of drivel.

With such a volatile nation where people vacillate between extremes of religious bigotry to neo liberalism to the point of imaginary hallucinations of attacks, its hard to know what is the truth anymore.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Danish Kaneria was a legend...bar his match fixing episodes which possibly came later.

I wouldnt be surprised, not a little bit, if he wasn't totally liked by players because of his religion...that's just the pathetic, illeterate version of the religion that some people carry in Pakistan.

I'm not sure if the fans shared the same view, whether in Pakistan or abroad.

I dare say, how people mention M Yousuf in the same league as Kaneria, Yousuf to me was just another 'mental midget' like Asad Shafiq..

Kaneria on the other hand wad a true match winner...!

Yes and blah blah he scored bucket full of runs...well so did Tendulkar.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Danish Kaneria Highest Ranking/Rating: #10, 723 points

Saeed Ajmal Highest Ranking/Rating: #2, 855 points

Yasir Shah Highest Ranking/Rating: #1, 878 points

No wonder, Kaneria never got the same hype as Ajmal and Shah.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akhtar is a joker.

Kaneria is a lier who has played religious victim card during his fixing scandal.

Akhtar can do anything to get more subscribers on his YouTube channel.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God forbid, but imagine if Fawad Alam was a Hindu. Imagine all the conspiracies theories that would have been concocted to fit a certain geo-political narrative. The timing and the intended target betray this whole ďitís up to the victim to decide when to speakĒ nonsense. The false equivalence being being drawn with sexual abuse is just pathetic.

Not here to deny that bigotry and prejudice exists in Pakistanó it does. But Danish Kaneria made it to the Pakistan Cricket Team regardless of his religious background and played for Pakistan for many years till he got involved in match fixing and other corrupt practices.

Shoib Akhtar has always been a fame seeking melodrama. He created similar drama to promote his autobiography and doing the same again to promote his pathetic YouTube channel.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akhtar using kaneria for headlines.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are also related