Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,768
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    "A win is for the players but a loss is solely my responsibility" : Ijaz Ahmed

    Pakistan U19 Coach Ijaz Ahmed speaking to the media:

    "We have practiced very hard for the past 25 days in the U19 World Cup camp, and played about 8 practice games and all the aspects that I wanted to teach to the players, thanks to God, I have achieved 80% of that"

    "The boys had gone home for 4 days and they assembled again yesterday, and they are practicing again"

    "In the remaining 9 days of the camp, I will try and teach them whatever is left of the 20%"

    "Basically, players need to be given instructions on mental strength, game awareness and also the idea of self-belief which says that they are the best"

    “We have had a team meeting today and spoken about conditions in South Africa and how we need to play there as I have played there and scored century there so I know how conditions are there as they are pretty similar to Australia”

    “Our boys have a lot of potential and they are looking forward to participating in this World Cup”

    “My job is to prepare players at the U19 level and send them on to the Pakistan senior side”

    “When the squad was first announced, Naseem Shah was not a Test player but then he was fast-tracked and he went to Australia, and then performed well against Sri Lanka, and now he has been earmarked for top-level cricket for Pakistan”

    “Also, I feel any player who has made it to the Pakistan national side should not be demoted in this way and brought back into the U19 side”

    “We spoke with Misbah and Waqar and came to the decision that he should only play top-level cricket”

    “I have got another chance to coach a U19 World Cup squad and I am very satisfied with this team”

    “I have taken some bold decisions by including a boy called Shahzad who was under my supervision in U16; Throughout all 8 practice games, he has been following my instructions and putting them into use; One should be able to learn and adopt to conditions fast and he can do that; He is an opener and a medium pace bowler and he fits in my combination well”

    “We also have a bowler Tahir Hussain who has played U19; I told him that in 6 matches you only have 9 wickets but he explained to me to say that a lot of his catches were dropped; The confidence with which he spoke and the fact that in 2 trial games he got our top player Haider Ali and also took 3 wickets with the new ball, so he bowls well with the new ball”

    “As for Shahzad, I want all of you to note what I said today because after a year or so when he does well, you will remember that how he was identified as a product”

    “I suggest we move on from Naseem Shah and look for the next Naseem Shah; One of the players going with us to the World Cup, Amir Khan, he is also bowling at an average speed of 141 Kph and has bowled a couple of balls at 147 Kph; If Naseem was in the side, then Amir may not have got the chance to play”

    “Its my job to deliver the next product for Pakistan and in the next 4-6 months you will see Amir Khan who Pakistan will need for the future;

    “We defeated Bangladesh U16s and then in Emerging Teams Asia Cup we defeated all sides and did not lose a single match”

    “I have requested PCB that when I am back from the World Cup, I should be given a mixture of U19 and Emerging players for a period of 3 months; I have already worked out the tactical and technical issues with them, have charted out the issues and after this camp, I will give a statement to show who amongst these players will go on to represent Pakistan”

    “I have found players like Omair, Imran Rafiq and then there is Rohail and Haider, who I asked to be included in Emerging players, have done very well recently in the QeA final; All these players need work done on mental strength and give them game awareness also”

    “I am very serious about my role which is for 3 years and I will justify my position and provide Pakistan with 3-4 good players”

    “A player who cannot play a cut-shot is not a batsman in my view; So, I have worked on players, so they play cut-shots and how to leave the ball”

    “I have pity on the player who is out after scoring 20-25 runs as by that time he has an idea of conditions and he has the game in hand”

    “In my times, when Javed Miandad, Saeed Anwar, Inzamam-ul-Haq or Saleem Malik were at the crease we would know we would not get to bat as they would take us to the end of the game”

    “Abbas is a good all-rounder and a good batsmen and then we talked about Shahzad who is a good all-rounder as well and I have seen him in U16 and he has been doing well in the camp; I am focussed on these 2 to make sure Pakistan will get 2 good all-rounders in the future”

    “Sub-continental teams can give us a tough time in the World Cup instead of Australia and South Africa; If you remember we beat South Africa 7-0 so we aren’t that worried about them; Even for them I have put in a good combination with a right-arm leg-spinner Fahad Munir; I am taking him because a lot of times non-Western teams have problems with variety”

    “India will give us a tough time as they are preparing well with a series against South Africa at the moment; Also West Indies, Sri Lanka and England are taking part in a triangular series so they are preparing but even we haven’t rested one day”

    “I don’t think about losing or failure but if we lose, I will take the responsibility on myself and will not blame players – a win is for players but loss is solely mine”
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th January 2020 at 14:28.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,768
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Some interesting comments on new talent in Shahzad and Aamir Khan by Ijaz.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    997
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heartening comments. He sounds like a man really eager to do well in his role. Has done well so far to be honest.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    14,272
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive comments from Ijaz Ahmed. It looks like he really keeps his players pressure free and provides them a good environment to progress.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    7,102
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The likes of Hader and rohail needs to fire here they have progressed a lot in late 6 months due to exposure to fc cricket as well as emerging cup the U 19 should feel a step lower to them hope they can really shine.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,974
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a very passionate and dedicated individual.
    Amir khan seems like one to keep an eye on.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,632
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    No holding back from Ijaz. Just like his batting.

    Some exciting prospects it seems.



  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,559
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ijaz making classy statements just like his batting. Really hope the U19 does well under him and we see Ijaz come up the ranks.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    4,628
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit too much of “I , me and myself “ .

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    1,228
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I appreciate his enthusiasm, but there is no need to put extra pressure on players by discussing them in the press at such a young age. Let their performances speak for themselves.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interested to see how Shehzad goes. Hopefully he isn’t a Hasan Mohsin with the ball and can get it up to 135 kph.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,768
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan batsman and current U-19 head coach Ejaz Ahmed feels that his side can beat defending champions and arch-rivals India in the forthcoming ICC Youth World Cup beginning in South Africa on January 17.

    “India has a very good cricket system and it is organized but I know that we have more passion than them when we play against each other and that is how we also beat them in the semi-finals of the recent Asian Emerging Nations Cup,” Ejaz said.

    Ejaz, who has played 60 Test and 250 ODIs, was head coach of the Pakistan Emerging side which beat India before eventually winning the title in Bangladesh last year. “Even in the past, we beat India because of our greater passion and this time also I know the passion of our players will prevail over them although they have a very strong outfit,” he added.

    Pakistan have won the U-19 World Cup twice in the past. The 51-year-old Ejaz, however, said at the end of the day it would be all about how a team plays on that particular day.

    “It is the same in the World Cup it does not matter which team is number one or defending champions what will matter is how a team plays on a given day. I personally feel our team is well balanced,” he said. Ejaz did not believe that India would get advantage of having played a four-nation tournament with South Africa, New Zealand and Zimbabwe in South Africa before the World Cup.

    “Our players have also trained hard in Lahore and we have played around 11 matches. We will also reach South Africa nine days before the World Cup and we have some practice games and I think our preparations are also very good for the tournament,” he said.

    The former batsman also said the absence of fast bowler Naseem Shah will not impact much on the team’s performance. Naseem was withdrawn from the Pakistan U-19 squad after he played for the senior team in three Test matches against Australia and Sri Lanka.

    “Look there was no controversy at all. The way we now see things is that you can’t expect a MBA to go and take BA exams. That is how we look at Naseem Shah, he has made the grade for Pakistan and now he should be performing for the senior team,” said the head coach.

    “We have a couple of exciting young talent in the ranks. I expect Rohail and Haider to play for the senior team in two to three year’s time, they are that good.”

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...XidNeJLOJ.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,768
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    So how is Ijaz doing so far?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,362
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So how is Ijaz doing so far?
    Going by his media releases, very eloquent. No filler words, just straight talking.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,768
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    So how well has Ijaz done so far in the U19 World Cup?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    404
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes done a good job so far

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    200
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So how well has Ijaz done so far in the U19 World Cup?
    Whether we win or not, he’s produced some outstanding batting talent. 3-4 of these kids can definitely go on to play for Pakistan for a successful career

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,559
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So how well has Ijaz done so far in the U19 World Cup?
    Absolute class as expected. My beloved father praised Ijaz a lot when he explained his cricket to me. Aggressive, positive and classy. We need people like him running our cricket, not Misbah types.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,768
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Guess, Ijaz Ahmed should get ready for questions

    Fahad selection is one question.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,768
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Also Amir Khan - was he injured?

    Ijaz Ahmed will be facing some uncomfortable questions soon


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    31,786
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this SF loss to India is solely your responsibility then Ijaz.

    Why were you out in the field nearly 2 hours before play this morning where as the indians were nowhere to be seen.

    This was brought up first thing in the morning too by the commies who found it quite weird especially that early before the game.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    833
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    “India has a very good cricket system and it is organized but I know that we have more passion than them when we play against each other and that is how we also beat them in the semi-finals of the recent Asian Emerging Nations Cup,” Ejaz said.

    Ejaz, who has played 60 Test and 250 ODIs, was head coach of the Pakistan Emerging side which beat India before eventually winning the title in Bangladesh last year. “Even in the past, we beat India because of our greater passion and this time also I know the passion of our players will prevail over them although they have a very strong outfit,” he added.
    Passion, jazba, talent etc. Pakistan cricket is better than Indian cricket in all of it.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    3,496
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The good thing is that we found a few gems within this lot of players and that’s what matters the most at this level. If these guys go on to make a name for themselves in future, then not many would remember today’s game.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    The good thing is that we found a few gems within this lot of players and that’s what matters the most at this level. If these guys go on to make a name for themselves in future, then not many would remember today’s game.
    Exactly!

    Winning would of been golden, but this loss doesn't sting as much. The junior team players are showcasing their talent and knocking on selectors door to keep them in their sight. I think this tournament was a great showcasing of youngsters.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    3,001
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan clearly did not want to win more than India.

    Passion is meaningless if you have no skill or application.

    In particular, Rohail was very disappointing as he succumbed to the pressure and played a slow knock and caused some tension whilst running.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,738
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which idiot thought it was a good idea to bat first on a pitch where every team won chasing

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,023
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    So this SF loss to India is solely your responsibility then Ijaz.

    Why were you out in the field nearly 2 hours before play this morning where as the indians were nowhere to be seen.

    This was brought up first thing in the morning too by the commies who found it quite weird especially that early before the game.
    Maximum quality 15 min warm before the main match. 2 hours is way too much to destroy the energy. Very unprofessional from him. That’s why we need a professional coach who understand strategy rather than fake and useless passion.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    5,978
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    So this SF loss to India is solely your responsibility then Ijaz.

    Why were you out in the field nearly 2 hours before play this morning where as the indians were nowhere to be seen.

    This was brought up first thing in the morning too by the commies who found it quite weird especially that early before the game.
    Too much passion can sometimes be a bad thing. There is a difference between working hard and working efficiently.

    There's no need to practice for 2 hours before a game. They don't even do that in club cricket.


    Bangladeshi Fan

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,506
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Too much passion can sometimes be a bad thing. There is a difference between working hard and working efficiently.

    There's no need to practice for 2 hours before a game. They don't even do that in club cricket.
    The Indian team U-19 and senior team treats every Pakistan game as business as usual, normal, they don't over think or put any pressure on themselves unlike our Junior and Senior teams. Without sustained non stop cricket against quality opposition our players will constantly lag at the bottom of the rankings and sadly the numbers in the last ten years for Pakistan do not lie.

    India has played continous non stop cricket against England, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand in the last 10 years and the results are now showing

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,023
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Too much passion can sometimes be a bad thing. There is a difference between working hard and working efficiently.

    There's no need to practice for 2 hours before a game. They don't even do that in club cricket.
    Exactly!!!! It’s clearly exposed Ijaz Ahmed as coach. I thought Misbah is bad but Ijaz seems to be in another level.
    If PCB is smart they can hire some 2nd division club coach and they will do far better players job.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    15,443
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ijaz Ahmed has been hired because he is a close firend of Wasim Akram. That is how PCB works

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    118,768
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Former Pakistan batsman and current U-19 head coach Ejaz Ahmed feels that his side can beat defending champions and arch-rivals India in the forthcoming ICC Youth World Cup beginning in South Africa on January 17.

    “India has a very good cricket system and it is organized but I know that we have more passion than them when we play against each other and that is how we also beat them in the semi-finals of the recent Asian Emerging Nations Cup,” Ejaz said.

    Ejaz, who has played 60 Test and 250 ODIs, was head coach of the Pakistan Emerging side which beat India before eventually winning the title in Bangladesh last year. “Even in the past, we beat India because of our greater passion and this time also I know the passion of our players will prevail over them although they have a very strong outfit,” he added.

    Pakistan have won the U-19 World Cup twice in the past. The 51-year-old Ejaz, however, said at the end of the day it would be all about how a team plays on that particular day.

    “It is the same in the World Cup it does not matter which team is number one or defending champions what will matter is how a team plays on a given day. I personally feel our team is well balanced,” he said. Ejaz did not believe that India would get advantage of having played a four-nation tournament with South Africa, New Zealand and Zimbabwe in South Africa before the World Cup.

    “Our players have also trained hard in Lahore and we have played around 11 matches. We will also reach South Africa nine days before the World Cup and we have some practice games and I think our preparations are also very good for the tournament,” he said.

    The former batsman also said the absence of fast bowler Naseem Shah will not impact much on the team’s performance. Naseem was withdrawn from the Pakistan U-19 squad after he played for the senior team in three Test matches against Australia and Sri Lanka.

    “Look there was no controversy at all. The way we now see things is that you can’t expect a MBA to go and take BA exams. That is how we look at Naseem Shah, he has made the grade for Pakistan and now he should be performing for the senior team,” said the head coach.

    “We have a couple of exciting young talent in the ranks. I expect Rohail and Haider to play for the senior team in two to three year’s time, they are that good.”

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...XidNeJLOJ.html

    A bit quiet now Ijaz Ahmed - always best not to make such statements.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,721
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Ijaz Ahmed has been hired because he is a close firend of Wasim Akram. That is how PCB works
    That's Naya PCB for you. Misbah is also hired on Imran's request.

    Wasim has become very influential due to his BFF kaptaan.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •