User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"Champions Trophy spell was a bit special for me as it was a historic game" : Mohammad Amir

Khulna Tigers Pakistani pace bowler Mohammad Amir said that he is not ready to compare his performance with the one that he displayed against India in the Champions Trophy final that helped the clinch the trophy as well as beat their arch-rival for the first time in an ICC event.

Amir came up with an intriguing display of fast bowling to script a new BPL bowling record and in doing so propelled Khulna Tigers to the final of the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL) at first attempt.

"Champion Trophy spell was bit special for me as it was a historic game for me because we beat India for the first time in any ICC trophy,’’ said Amir.

"This one is also special because this is my career-best figure but you cannot compare them because that was 50-over game and this is a 20- over game,’’ he said.

"That was international game and this is league game but emotions are always same . I want to give 100 percent whether I am playing an international game or league game. I think both are same,’’ he said adding that he feels luck plays a big part behind performing in this manner.

"I always believe in luck because sometimes you bowl well and don’t get wickets and sometimes you get a wicket in full toss or wide balls,’’ he said.

"In T-20 cricket you need luck,’’ he said.

Amir added that bowling only three overs in the opening spell was a team plan as they knew Shoaib Malik can be dangerous in the end.

"The plan was going good for us. I had bowled three over in the opening spell and the plan was to bowl 17 or 18 over because Shoaib Malik is a dangerous player. He played lot of T-20 cricket and lot of experience and I was telling Mushy that Shoaib bhai is a dangerous player,’’ he said.

"I think we have bowled well and you have to give credit to other bowlers at the end because condition was not easy as there was lot of dew and credit goes to fielders as well,’’ he said.

"They took all the catches apart from one and as a team, it was a complete team performance,’’ he added.

https://www.cricfrenzy.com/en/articl...-Mohammad-Amir
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th January 2020 at 21:25.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    PCB & PAK as a nation did whatever required and the guy didn't even deserve that; we have written epics here for his support .... and in return he is expressing his skills to get rid of Alok Kapali!!!!!

I'll NEVER support a player who leaves Test cricket at ~30 for the sake of playing rubbish - would be very happy, if Misbah benches him against BD (may be carry drinks) - PAK can manage without him for sure.
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th January 2020 at 22:56.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should have retired from ODIs after that spell. Has not had much impact after that in ODIs .

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Should have retired from ODIs after that spell. Has not had much impact after that in ODIs .
    He was in the top 10 wicket-takers in the World Cup

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    PCB & PAK as a nation did whatever required and the guy didn't even deserve that; we have written epics here for his support .... and in return he is expressing his skills to get rid of Alok Kapali!!!!!

I'll NEVER support a player who leaves Test cricket at ~30 for the sake of playing rubbish - would be very happy, if Misbah benches him against BD (may be carry drinks) - PAK can manage without him for sure.
    Well said!

Have read comments from people asking to go easy on Amir because it's "his life" and its "his decision" to go play whatever he wants . .

No!!

Amir's life was screwed at age 18! PCT supporters, nation and PCB supported him to the hilt and got him back on track (look at what happened to the other 2) . . stuck with him for 3 years even though his performances were mediocre at best . . pace went down to 130s . . drama about "oh I have been out for 5 years" . . "oh I play so much cricket and I don't get rest" . . "I am going to pick and choose which teams to play against" . . like . . your'e freaking 27 having done nothing (except that one spell in the CT final) not 35!

Like seriously?!! I can be fine with people being like . . Oh its a cricketers life and he made a decision to go play franchise crciket and LOI cricket . . but NOT Amir! He owes it ALL to PCB and Pak cricket! and he did the bear minimum and got out to make more money the moment he felt his career was back on track because its easier . .

It hurts more becasue I supported Amir when most of PP was going nuts about his average performances . .
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th January 2020 at 22:56.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    He was in the top 10 wicket-takers in the World Cup
    Number of wickets is not the same as impact. He was not even the most impactful bowler from Pakistan. Pakistan played on one of the most difficult wickets for batting at the world cup and Aamir took a fifer after OZ had raced away to a ridiculous start.
    Last edited by Nikhil_cric; 14th January 2020 at 22:03.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Number of wickets is not the same as impact. He was not even the most impactful bowler from Pakistan. Pakistan played on one of the most difficult wickets for batting at the world cup and Aamir took a fifer after OZ had raced away to a ridiculous start.
    Shaheen was more impactful than Aamir in world cup.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali,Fakhar Zaman were the heroes in Champions Trophy

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy0204 View Post
    Shaheen was more impactful than Aamir in world cup.
    Exactly.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get the desi culture of emotional blackmail. Amir owes nobody anything, he shouldn't forced to continue his career if he doesn't want to.
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th January 2020 at 22:55.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    I don't get the desi culture of emotional blackmail. Amir owes nobody anything, he shouldn't forced to continue his career if he doesn't want to.
    Because you have become "bideshi" bro - there are many here in Toronto also, who tries to be "non - deshi", though it often looks like a crow trying to become peacock......

Coming to Amir - HE OWNS everything, from his career to even dignity to PCB and people of Pakistan. First, he was legally backed by PCB, financially as well - otherwise, there was absolutely no reason for British Court & ICC to go soft on him. Then, his acts were gradually "soften" in people's perception by the supportive media, even Mike Atherton joined the act.

Then, he was brought into PAK team at first opportunity, even after the objection from some of the senior players. Finally, he was given every opportunity to play & perform, given a Cat A central contract as well.

From PAK fans, perspectives - most people/posters here supported him, even though his performance didn't back that support. Finally, the guy left PAK cricket at a critical moment, when 3-4 potential young pacers are left to be mentored by Imran Khan Sr......... What else?

This one isn't emotional black-mail though - I hope you liked it.
    Last edited by MMHS; 14th January 2020 at 23:13.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2001 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Awful that he's not playing Test cricket.

And I have told him that too!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

Why?

I think it doesn't matter, he is not good enough as he is hyped to be. He has not set anything on fire at the test arena, him playing for Pakistan longer than he deserved too would have done more damage to us. We need performers.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just taking the other side ( I am abs disgusted with him retiring from test cricket), did it even look like he hd the energy and fitness to play test cricket? he was bowling around 125/130 without any swing from ball 1 ... looked tired all the time with no intensity ... not sure if its something to do with hin physical health ...

any such news from inside corridors? anyone?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    Just taking the other side ( I am abs disgusted with him retiring from test cricket), did it even look like he hd the energy and fitness to play test cricket? he was bowling around 125/130 without any swing from ball 1 ... looked tired all the time with no intensity ... not sure if its something to do with hin physical health ...

The guy smokes and doesn't take care of his body - because it's not needed for 20 over jokes. Only T20 league where he had to be at top of his game (to be selected) is IPL, where PAK players are not welcomed and might not happen during his career time. He has enough contacts and reputation earned from PAK colors to avail some cheap deals here & there + even a Grade C contract from PCB earns him good cash for playing few mickey mouse games - the guy has done the maths perfectly.

Regarding fitness, it's completely his own wish - even if he is 32 now, no way his physique should be like this; even after a 4 overs spell, he literally looks like a tuberculosis patient!!!! This is because he knows that for T20 jokes in franchise cricket, he doesn't need to work on fitness further. He still can swing the ball prodigiously (got Liton castled in last game with an unplayable ball that now days only he can produce), he has excellent bowling intelligence, still touching 140K+ in opening spell - only thing missing is his stamina and sustainable speed of opening spell in 3rd/4th spells of the day - probably the two aspects least require natural ability - you can achieve that through determination, conditioning and hard work ethics. If Shami, Ishant can achieve this level of fitness & endurance, absolutely no reason why not Amir, who is younger and naturally better athlete, haven't suffered any major injury so far either.

This is where I am disgusted with him - he left PAK team because he is not willing to work hard, being a professional player!!!!!!!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Just to add (actually, I can't forget it - watched his spell in last BPL game.....), this guy is such a looser, I must say that he had finally the opportunity to play a Test at his home country, in fact home ground at Rawalpindi, two of it and he he is still "retired". I understand that he could had been robbed in Australia, but absolutely no reason not to play the next 10 Tests - 4 at home and 3 each in UK, NZL.

I think, WK needs to act here once more - if not Test cricket for PAK, then no LOs either and no central contract ..... his PL & SL market value will get hurt big time.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definitely made up for the 2011 disappointment.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still surprises me that how can someone who started cricket at such a young age with nothing but passion for the game can now satisfy himself by getting wickets in T20 leagues rather than in test arena.

Money and lack of intention to work as hard now taking priority over his childhood passion, playing international cricket and representing his country when he became an international cricketer defying quite a few odds at 17-18 years of age and again coming back post 2010 scandal after defying all odds didnt made him realize his passion once again is really surprising.
    Last edited by Titan24; 15th January 2020 at 00:32.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He got crucial breakthroughs against England, South Africa and New Zealand. The five-for wasn't his only contribution in our campaign.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2001 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Still surprises me that how can someone who started cricket at such a young age with nothing but passion for the game can now satisfy himself by getting wickets in T20 leagues rather than in test arena.

Money and lack of intention to work as hard now taking priority over his childhood passion, playing international cricket and representing his country when he became an international cricketer defying quite a few odds at 17-18 years of age and again coming back post 2010 scandal after defying all odds didnt made him realize his passion once again is really surprising.
    I'm wondering whether this was part of his plans when he returned to cricket after the ban. Play a few years of Tests and then quit the 5-day format and make plenty of cash, ie. the money he could have made during the 5 year ban.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Should be dropped from ODIs. The new boys are here, Shaheen, Rauf, Naseem and Hasnain are worth the investment. Maybe let him play a few T20Is here and there when the main boys need rest, because that seems to be the only cricket he likes...

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering whether this was part of his plans when he returned to cricket after the ban. Play a few years of Tests and then quit the 5-day format and make plenty of cash, ie. the money he could have made during the 5 year ban.
    Could be an it wont be surprising as even in his early days he showed where his priorities are. I guess it was too much to ask of him to be a changed person post his ban which clearly wasnt the case as his priorities are still the same with only difference being there are now T20 leagues so he can now go for the money with less effort in a legal manner.

I dont wanna sound judgmental but Pakistan, Pakistani fans and PCB supported him throughout and least one would have expected was bit of loyalty and effort.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's still in for the quick money! Get paid more for a days work rather than a match which lasts days....

He's a smart cunning conniving guy

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy smokes and doesn't take care of his body - because it's not needed for 20 over jokes. Only T20 league where he had to be at top of his game (to be selected) is IPL, where PAK players are not welcomed and might not happen during his career time. He has enough contacts and reputation earned from PAK colors to avail some cheap deals here & there + even a Grade C contract from PCB earns him good cash for playing few mickey mouse games - the guy has done the maths perfectly.

Regarding fitness, it's completely his own wish - even if he is 32 now, no way his physique should be like this; even after a 4 overs spell, he literally looks like a tuberculosis patient!!!! This is because he knows that for T20 jokes in franchise cricket, he doesn't need to work on fitness further. He still can swing the ball prodigiously (got Liton castled in last game with an unplayable ball that now days only he can produce), he has excellent bowling intelligence, still touching 140K+ in opening spell - only thing missing is his stamina and sustainable speed of opening spell in 3rd/4th spells of the day - probably the two aspects least require natural ability - you can achieve that through determination, conditioning and hard work ethics. If Shami, Ishant can achieve this level of fitness & endurance, absolutely no reason why not Amir, who is younger and naturally better athlete, haven't suffered any major injury so far either.

This is where I am disgusted with him - he left PAK team because he is not willing to work hard, being a professional player!!!!!!!
    he is not a naturally better athlete than shami or ishant. What makes you think that?
    but I agree he could have achieved more give his skillset.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    he is not a naturally better athlete than shami or ishant. What makes you think that?
    but I agree he could have achieved more give his skillset.
    I saw him at very young age, and after so many years, I can recognise who is naturally better athlete. His structure is like the javelin throwers - like the string of a bow, not heavy but strong and elastic. With better conditioning, he could have bowled for 35 overs a day at good pace.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw him at very young age, and after so many years, I can recognise who is naturally better athlete. His structure is like the javelin throwers - like the string of a bow, not heavy but strong and elastic. With better conditioning, he could have bowled for 35 overs a day at good pace.
    maybe. but shami has always been a strong lad. His diet was poor in the past. as soon as he fixed that, he became a good athlete.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    maybe. but shami has always been a strong lad. His diet was poor in the past. as soon as he fixed that, he became a good athlete.
    There is the difference between strong & athletic. Some of the strongest men in world are super heavyweight weight lifters or Olympic Wrestlers - are they athletic? Do you think Saq O’Neal could be a great fast bowler? Amir’s body was like a coiled spring - I saw him touching knees with his forehead (keeping knee straight), bending back in opposite direction almost 90 degree, and his legs are nimble but strong - very similar to Anderson’s body. But, he didn’t take care of it and must have eaten, drunk, smoked rubbish; otherwise his body was perfect for fast-medium swing bowler, for a long, long career; could have batted well also.

Must have mixed with wrong people at wrong time, otherwise in his first 2 years, he had the fire & determination in his eyes like top pros. I can recall one game where he & Ajmal added almost 100 in last pair to chase a target from an impossible possible against Kiwis - Ajmal was twice of his age then and much more experienced; still this guy was guiding, encouraging Ajmal for almost every ball. Sadly, his taste & moral got perverted and now he’ll end as someone, who’ll be remembered in PAK cricket history, mostly for his wrong doings rather than heroics.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well said! Amir should be ashamed of himself given the fact he was given a second chance and left his country when he was badly needed.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does he read PP? How do you think it will affect him knowing that his reputation is in the dustbin among the Pakistan fan base right now?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His CT spell won us the cup. That for me was Amir’s redemption. But that does not mean he gets a free ride in the team. He really needs to prove himself at the international level.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is the difference between strong & athletic. Some of the strongest men in world are super heavyweight weight lifters or Olympic Wrestlers - are they athletic? Do you think Saq O’Neal could be a great fast bowler? Amir’s body was like a coiled spring - I saw him touching knees with his forehead (keeping knee straight), bending back in opposite direction almost 90 degree, and his legs are nimble but strong - very similar to Anderson’s body. But, he didn’t take care of it and must have eaten, drunk, smoked rubbish; otherwise his body was perfect for fast-medium swing bowler, for a long, long career; could have batted well also.

Must have mixed with wrong people at wrong time, otherwise in his first 2 years, he had the fire & determination in his eyes like top pros. I can recall one game where he & Ajmal added almost 100 in last pair to chase a target from an impossible possible against Kiwis - Ajmal was twice of his age then and much more experienced; still this guy was guiding, encouraging Ajmal for almost every ball. Sadly, his taste & moral got perverted and now he’ll end as someone, who’ll be remembered in PAK cricket history, mostly for his wrong doings rather than heroics.
    fair enough. I still rate him in odi and t20. Yea I agree amir really dint focus much on his diet otherwise he could have had a great career.

he definitely got involved with the wrong group of people ruined his potential.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    His CT spell won us the cup. That for me was Amir’s redemption. But that does not mean he gets a free ride in the team. He really needs to prove himself at the international level.
    No international team has ever chased that score in any big tournament final. Not even against the poorest bowling attack. Once Pak had 330+ on board, the match was already won

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    No international team has ever chased that score in any big tournament final. Not even against the poorest bowling attack. Once Pak had 330+ on board, the match was already won
    Amir wrapped up the game in the first 10 overs of India's chase. Let's not forget 2 out of the top 3 batsmen have high scores of 264 and 183 in ODIs. Give your best players some damn respect.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir wrapped up the game in the first 10 overs of India's chase. Let's not forget 2 out of the top 3 batsmen have high scores of 264 and 183 in ODIs. Give your best players some damn respect.
    No, he's right. At the time it looked like Sharma and Kohli were invincible when it comes to these chases, but the way they have imploded under pressure in subsequent matches aswell, no way did India have any chance once we got 330 on the board that day.

Doesn't take anything away from Amir's spell though as it was sensational. But the Indian top three has failed in crunch situations too many times now

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir wrapped up the game in the first 10 overs of India's chase.Let's not forget 2 out of the top 3 batsmen have high scores of 264 and 183 in ODIs.Give your best players some damn respect.
    Yeah wrapping up the game after the batsmen have put up 340+ as a target which India has never chased in their history outside SC. What a Monumental effort, Amir performed a Miracle .

You make it look like as if Pakistan defended a small target of 150 runs.

The Likes of Matt Henry and Boult defended 230 against India at the semis in front of same batsmen who have high scores of 264 and 183. By your logic, it should have been a cakewalk. Pressure of chasing, Big target and Final match of the tournament are things that dont have to be considered I guess.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post

Don't know about anything from the inside but everyone's problem is with the fact that he showed no jazba in test cricket or other international games even though he clearly still had something left in him as demonstrated by his 'favourite spell' in the CT or even in the WC. The problem is he's taken everything for granted and is sitting around in the team taking up space and not giving it his all.

He seems to be taking "cometh the moment, cometh the man" a bit too literally these past few years and it's time someone gives him a danda or two and tells him that he's only getting in the team if he performs.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBowlingAllrounder View Post
    Don't know about anything from the inside but everyone's problem is with the fact that he showed no jazba in test cricket or other international games even though he clearly still had something left in him as demonstrated by his 'favourite spell' in the CT or even in the WC. The problem is he's taken everything for granted and is sitting around in the team taking up space and not giving it his all.

He seems to be taking "cometh the moment, cometh the man" a bit too literally these past few years and it's time someone gives him a danda or two and tells him that he's only getting in the team if he performs.
    Or maybe he is not good enough for Test Cricke ? So when he performs, it is due to showing Jazba and when he doesnt perform, it is due to his lack of Jazba but not lack of ability ?
    Last edited by MenInG; 16th January 2020 at 10:49.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He isnt genuinely 27. Also, he wasnt motivated enough to play test cricket ever since his comeback. Why not have someone like Shaheen in the team who actually values playing test cricket.

The main chapter of Amir's career has finished. I think he will hang on to limited overs cricket until the 2023 WC. But dont expect too much from him.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liam26 View Post
    Yeah wrapping up the game after the batsmen have put up 340+ as a target which India has never chased in their history outside SC. What a Monumental effort, Amir performed a Miracle .

You make it look like as if Pakistan defended a small target of 150 runs.

The Likes of Matt Henry and Boult defended 230 against India at the semis in front of same batsmen who have high scores of 264 and 183. By your logic, it should have been a cakewalk. Pressure of chasing, Big target and Final match of the tournament are things that dont have to be considered I guess.
    You should give up watching cricket if you think 2 out of the top 10 batsmen in the world don’t have a shot at chasing 340+. Thank God people like you aren’t close to any professional cricket because why even send your team out to chase a big target because “pressure” “no one has ever chased that before” ...”insert lame excuse”

You seem hurt up your rear because I said that was Amir’s redemption. If you read what I wrote you’ll find out in no way was I claiming it to be a spell that’ll be remembered forever. Grow up. Kid.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    He isnt genuinely 27. Also, he wasnt motivated enough to play test cricket ever since his comeback. Why not have someone like Shaheen in the team who actually values playing test cricket.

The main chapter of Amir's career has finished. I think he will hang on to limited overs cricket until the 2023 WC. But dont expect too much from him.
    I don't expect Amir to be selected in the 2023WC, provided Shaheen, Naseem, Hasnain and Haris progress successfully. Not to forget Hasan Ali and Shinwari are also vying for the pacers' spots.

Amir might end up playing T20s strictly, as has been his wish quite recently.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, he's right. At the time it looked like Sharma and Kohli were invincible when it comes to these chases, but the way they have imploded under pressure in subsequent matches aswell, no way did India have any chance once we got 330 on the board that day.

Doesn't take anything away from Amir's spell though as it was sensational. But the Indian top three has failed in crunch situations too many times now
    India has chased 350+ twice. Please don’t tell me the game was done before the Indians came out to bat. Indians have a stick up you know what because their pride will be hurt if they say Amir bowled well

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India has chased 350+ twice. Please don’t tell me the game was done before the Indians came out to bat. Indians have a stick up you know what because their pride will be hurt if they say Amir bowled well
    Yes it was done. Even Olonga and Heath Streak will defend that target in a World Cup Match, let alone a final.

Lol@ comparing chasing 350+ scores at home patta pitches with pitches in ICC Tournament.

Likes of Henry and Boult have defended a much lower target of 230+ , that is the sort of target India is expected to chase with comfort.

Defending 340+ in a finals is like defending a target of 500 runs in a Test.
    Last edited by liam26; 16th January 2020 at 12:24.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We overestimated their abilities. Kohli and co cannot chase anything above 300+ in a crunch match anymore.

Agree on that last part.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Most overrated spell in a long, long time. Firstly, Amir went missing in the must win-match against South Africa. He was the only bowler who went wicket-less, and if the other bowlers had failed like him, Pakistan would be going home after that match.

Secondly, everything clicked for Pakistan. The whole bowling unit was in sensational form and Hasan Ali in particular was invincible. In the semi-final, even Rumman Raees, who replaced Amir, looked class and Pakistan didn’t miss Amir at all.

If Amir would have not played in the final either, our bowling unit would still have managed to defend the mammoth target. We were in ridiculous good bowling form on those English pitches.

Nevertheless, it is still the highlight of a largely disgraceful and forgettable career, so he has no choice but to milk it for the rest of his life.

It is ridiculous to compare his spell to the one Wasim produced in the 1992 final.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We overestimated their abilities. Kohli and co cannot chase anything above 300+ in a crunch match anymore.

Agree on that last part.
    absolutely but I think it's more to do with the pitch deteriorating in the latter stages of the tournament. Hard to score on a used deteriorating pitch.

On a fresh pitch india perhaps could chase 300 plus but pakistan were the better team in the final and they rightfully won the title. Completely obliterated india.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Dropped?!

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That spell deserves credit. It was brilliant regardless of the total being defended.
    Amir upped his game being time. Owned their best batsmen and made the win more dominating.
    India were capable of chasing that total. Amir just blew them away.
    He could easily have choked like Bumrah but credit to him.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For all his faults there is no doubting Amir's big match tamperament.
    What did people want him to do choke like Bumrah in the final.
    Some bizzare posts.
    The game was far from done at the half way mark. That spell killed it

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    For all his faults there is no doubting Amir's big match tamperament.
    What did people want him to do choke like Bumrah in the final.
    Some bizzare posts.
    The game was far from done at the half way mark. That spell killed it
    the game was done bro. But full credit also goes to amir for destroying india single handedly. Hassan too.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    absolutely but I think it's more to do with the pitch deteriorating in the latter stages of the tournament. Hard to score on a used deteriorating pitch.

On a fresh pitch india perhaps could chase 300 plus but pakistan were the better team in the final and they rightfully won the title. Completely obliterated india.
    Nah, I think there is a mental block with Sharma and Kohli when it comes to knockout games. WC15, WC19 and CT17. That's three big games in four years they have struggled, across three opponents.

England and Australia have better all-round batting line-ups than India at the moment.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I think there is a mental block with Sharma and Kohli when it comes to knockout games. WC15, WC19 and CT17. That's three big games in four years they have struggled, across three opponents.

England and Australia have better all-round batting line-ups than India at the moment.
    india is a good team no doubt but rofl when we lose in the final or semi final stages it's usually a brutal loss. pakistan destroyed us in 2017.

australia destroyed us in 2015. Well not as bad as pakistan did. atleast the run rate was close enough .

2003 australia smashed india.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liam26 View Post
    Yes it was done. Even Olonga and Heath Streak will defend that target in a World Cup Match, let alone a final.

Lol@ comparing chasing 350+ scores at home patta pitches with pitches in ICC Tournament.

Likes of Henry and Boult have defended a much lower target of 230+ , that is the sort of target India is expected to chase with comfort.

Defending 340+ in a finals is like defending a target of 500 runs in a Test.
    Lol Olanga and Streak would defend that against any mentally fragile batting line up with fans who give up after a big total is on the board. You my man have insanely genius logic. The likes of Ireland and Bangladesh have chased 320+ in world cups against bowlers far superior than olanga. But somehow the best batting team does not even have a shot because “pressure” “word cup”. Stop making up stuff that doesn’t add up

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It may have been the Final with a huge score, yet you cannot discount the impact of Amir’s spell.

India’s top three were match winners and Amir dismissing them all was huge.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Olanga and Streak would defend that against any mentally fragile batting line up with fans who give up after a big total is on the board. You my man have insanely genius logic. The likes of Ireland and Bangladesh have chased 320+ in world cups against bowlers far superior than olanga. But somehow the best batting team does not even have a shot because “pressure” “word cup”. Stop making up stuff that doesn’t add up
    No mate. It was a used deteriorating pitch. Slow pitch. Hard to chase.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No mate. It was a used deteriorating pitch. Slow pitch. Hard to chase.
    Correct. Hard. But not impossible. Read the other posts for context.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Amir at the BPL final today

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs