Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The dismantling of the winning formula in T20Is: Has Misbah-ul-Haq got it all wrong?

Let me start by saying that I was extremely unhappy at how Misbah selected the teams for all three T20I he was incharge of, starting with the Sri Lanka series, then Australia series and now Bangladesh series.

Letís look at how things were under Mickey and what our squad was. It was a consistent selection with settled openers and middle order, a settled lower order and a settled bowling unit. All this under the captaincy of Sarfaraz Ahmed (barring the games against South Africa in 2019, where Shoaib Malik captained and lost the first T20I series in 3 years). This all came post 2016 World T20, where the coach and captain worked hard to settle the team and make it strong for the next World T20, which was in 2020.

Enter Misbah in 2019!
    Any coach would be extremely happy to get a settled #1 T20I side and make them completely unbeatable before the World T20. A winning formula was already set. Misbah on the other hand broke this winning formula. There is a famous saying ďwhy fix it when it is not brokeĒ. That is exactly what Misbah did in T20I against Sri Lanka, he selected a team with blokes like Ahmad Shahzad and Umar Akmal who were not a part of T20I winning formula. Moreover, putting pressure on Sarafarz Ahmad and his captaincy, knowing very well that it is the World T20 cricketing year.
    Then we go over to the Australia series. A confused Misbah removed Sarfaraz as captain for a difficult Australia tour, and changed atleast 6 players (almost half the squad) for the T20I in Australia. He insisted on keeping Haris who was not really a part of the T20I winning formula from before, brought back a has been named Irfan, all in all with a Rookie captain, a rookie leg spinner selected whose late father had good ties to Misbah, and a good wicketkeeper who canít bat in T20s. Was Sarfarazís replacement as Captain and Wicketkeeper in this winning formula really necessary? Moreover Misbah has been known as someone who likes to be consistent with his selection, but here he didnít even change the XI for the first two games known well that Haris was struggling. It recons if it was really necessary to change the winning formula, which is, captain, and core players.

Now lets head over to the selection for the Bangladesh series. We now have more changes in the squad, with again atleast 6 players from the previous series being changed. Now there is no Fakhar, who has given many successes to Pakistan in T20I in the past. There is no Aamir or Wahab who are a vital cog in the bowling lineup. Moreover, Hafeez is brought back who was NOT a part of the winning formula. It is not just Hafeez, it is Hafeez the batsman, as he canít bowl. Shoaib Malikís inclusion could be argued which I wonít touch on here as he was indeed a part of the winning formula under Sarfaraz. This overhaul of the team shows that Misbah is either simply confused on what could work, or he has no clue on how to select a team.

Let me once against remind that it is a World T20 year, and Pakistan had core players for the last 3 years who brought them to #1 position and this winning formula was just broken by Misbah with his useless selection policies. While other teams are settling the core players for the World T20, Pakistan on the other hand is breaking the team of settled core players. Lets just hope sense prevails and the winning formula is brought back before the World T20.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Will your opinion change if Pakistan defeat Bangladesh 3-0 in T20Is?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    There was no winning formula under Mickey. We were lucky not to play teams like India who would have beaten us black and blue, and we mostly played against weakened sides.

We were also lucky not to play England after September 2016. After thrashing us in the first 4 ODIs, they took their foot off the pedal and we picked up cheap wins in the 5th ODI and the solitary T20.

We were always going to get a reality check around the 2019-2020 period and this T20 drama would have been over eventually. The truth is that we have been a mediocre T20 side since 2010.

Mickey found himself at the right place at the right time. Between 2016-2018, teams were not in T20 mode because they were all focused on the World Cup.

However, with two World T20s in the next 2 years, teams are now prioritizing T20Is over ODIs and our mediocre team is getting exposed.

I really wish the so-called magical team under Arthur and Sarfraz would have gone to the World T20s so that people would have realized how fake their so-called number 1 ranking was.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were Number 1 in T20 format, if the idea remain the same then how India without playing us became the number 1.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    There was no winning formula under Mickey. We were lucky not to play teams like India who would have beaten us black and blue, and we mostly played against weakened sides.

We were also lucky not to play England after September 2016. After thrashing us in the first 4 ODIs, they took their foot off the pedal and we picked up cheap wins in the 5th ODI and the solitary T20.

We were always going to get a reality check around the 2019-2020 period and this T20 drama would have been over eventually. The truth is that we have been a mediocre T20 side since 2010.

Mickey found himself at the right place at the right time. Between 2016-2018, teams were not in T20 mode because they were all focused on the World Cup.

However, with two World T20s in the next 2 years, teams are now prioritizing T20Is over ODIs and our mediocre team is getting exposed.

I really wish the so-called magical team under Arthur and Sarfraz would have gone to the World T20s so that people would have realized how fake their so-called number 1 ranking was.
    We got a reality check against Sri Lanka C, which was essentially a weakened side. In your own words, we had been good enough to beat such teams in the recent past.

How does this fact tie into your flawed narrative?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    We got a reality check against Sri Lanka C, which was essentially a weakened side. In your own words, we had been good enough to beat such teams in the recent past.

How does this fact tie into your flawed narrative?
    It was an anomaly. We are still good enough to beat Sri Lanka C more often than not.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah is quite stubborn and will do his utmost to include his friends one way or another. That being said, the inclusions of Shehzad, Akmal and Irfan to name but a few were really baffling.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an anomaly. We are still good enough to beat Sri Lanka C more often than not.
    The crux of your earlier post is rendered invalid then. If the aforementioned series (where we got the reality check in 2019-20) was played under Mickey Arthur, in your own words, we would have beat them. Therein, establishing OP's assertion about Misbah dismantling a fairly successful T20 side to be true.

Yes, or no?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing about 1000 of your posts on this forum, this is the first time I am seeing you overestimate pakistani team

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worry not. Secret ingredients of winning formula Malik and Hafeez who played almost every T20 match under Mickey are back.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Moreover, Hafeez is brought back who was NOT a part of the winning formula. It is not just Hafeez, it is Hafeez the batsman, as he can’t bowl. [/B]
    Bro you are reading pirated formula book as clearly Hafeez was an important ingredient in professor Mickeys “Road to T20 no 1 ranking” book as you can clearly see how he manifested his use in 2018. It was only after the exclusion of this ingredient we lost the series vs SA in 2019.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    The crux of your earlier post is rendered invalid then. If the aforementioned series (where we got the reality check in 2019-20) was played under Mickey Arthur, in your own words, we would have beat them. Therein, establishing OP's assertion about Misbah dismantling a fairly successful T20 side to be true.

Yes, or no?
    No.

With Mickey, we would have been lost in Australia and we would have failed in the World T20s as well.

Letís not forget that our T20 drama was starting to get exposed under Mickey anyway. We lost to South Africa and England in 2019.

Pakistanís number 1 ranking in T20s under Mickey was the greatest work of fiction since Harry Potter.

Misbah is terrible but he did not dismantle the so-called winning formula in T20 cricket. He took over at the wrong time.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

With Mickey, we would have been lost in Australia and we would have failed in the World T20s as well.

Letís not forget that our T20 drama was starting to get exposed under Mickey anyway. We lost to South Africa and England in 2019.

Pakistanís number 1 ranking in T20s under Mickey was the greatest work of fiction since Harry Potter.

Misbah is terrible but he did not dismantle the so-called winning formula in T20 cricket. He took over at the wrong time.
    Hmm, I'm not interested in would have, could have etc. Yes, we lost a well-fought T20 in England, despite missing a few players from our established side. We narrowly lost two games to South Africa, before thrashing them in the last game. With a stand-in captain, mind you.

Misbah took over before a T20 series at HOME against a weakened Sri Lankan team. Yes, does sound like the wrong time to take over

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Well said OP. Misbah has taken an axe to a stable team ranked #1 in T20s with his incessant chopping and changing.

In his very first series, he recalled Akmal and Shehzad seemingly to stick two fingers up at Mickey Arthur who discarded them.

We are nailed on to crash out of the group stage in Australia.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I'm not interested in would have, could have etc. Yes, we lost a well-fought T20 in England, despite missing a few players from our established side. We narrowly lost two games to South Africa, before thrashing them in the last game. With a stand-in captain, mind you.

Misbah took over before a T20 series at HOME against a weakened Sri Lankan team. Yes, does sound like the wrong time to take over
    Had Sarfraz not played against Sri Lanka, people would have used his absence as an excuse for the loss, just they are using his absence for the loss in South Africa. South Africa were too strong for us, Sarfraz wouldn’t have made any difference.

This is an inconvenient time for Misbah in T20Is because all teams are now in T20 mode because of the two World T20s in 2020 and 2021. 2016-2018 was a dead period for T20I cricket because of the ODI World Cup.

Yes you are not interested in would have and could have, just like you wouldn’t have been interested in the idea that a Kohli-less India would demolish us in the UAE had the Asia Cup not happened.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had Sarfraz not played against Sri Lanka, people would have used his absence as an excuse for the loss, just they are using his absence for the loss in South Africa. South Africa were too strong for us, Sarfraz wouldn’t have made any difference.

This is an inconvenient time for Misbah in T20Is because all teams are now in T20 mode because of the two World T20s in 2020 and 2021. 2016-2018 was a dead period for T20I cricket because of the ODI World Cup.

Yes you are not interested in would have and could have, just like you wouldn’t have been interested in the idea that a Kohli-less India would demolish us in the UAE had the Asia Cup not happened.
    Yes you're right, I wouldn't have been interested. But it did happen, so you have all the right to discuss the most important cricket tourney in your eyes

Flawed logic, as Sri Lanka did not send their full-strength team, so getting thrashed by them should not be put down to them being in T20 mode. I'll ask again, Sri Lanka at home, weakened side - wrong time to take over?

Lets talk about absolutes here and let me see you refute OP's claims with solid facts, rather than bringing in your 'would have, could have' or the Asia Cup 2018

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is why we lost two games by margins of less than 10 runs, and thrashed them in a brutal manner in the last game. Too strong, well said.

Cricket logic ko salaam

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Well said OP. Misbah has taken an axe to a stable team ranked #1 in T20s with his incessant chopping and changing.

In his very first series, he recalled Akmal and Shehzad seemingly to stick two fingers up at Mickey Arthur who discarded them.

Let's not forget in the course of his bitter retribution against Arthur, he had to do a humiliating u-turn by booting them out by the end of the 2nd game.

PCT should not be allowed as a vehicle for Misbah to carry out his vengeance and petty actions as all it does is waste time and resources getting a competent team ready to compete in world tournaments.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mickey's stubborn refusal to play two spinners in UAE (I agreed with the move) cost him a lot of home test series. Misbah has decided he wants to mess up the t20. Criminally pointless tinkering.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Will your opinion change if Pakistan defeat Bangladesh 3-0 in T20Is?
    My opinion would definitely not change. Misbah has changed the winning habits of the team in T20s. His selection policies lacks any thoughts. He has changed the winning blend that brought us to #1. Core players in the team are still not identified, while the whole world are ensuring all core players remain part of their set up. I fear we will identify core players in game 3 or 4 of World T20, and it will be too late. Possible we may not even identify even after the World T20 2020.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Bro you are reading pirated formula book as clearly Hafeez was an important ingredient in professor Mickeys “Road to T20 no 1 ranking” book as you can clearly see how he manifested his use in 2018. It was only after the exclusion of this ingredient we lost the series vs SA in 2019.
    Most games that we won, be it against NZ or World XI or even against Australia, he wasn't there. Someone like Fakhar and Babar were doing very well as openers, and Sharjeel before he got banned. Malik was definitely part of this set up though.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Mickey's stubborn refusal to play two spinners in UAE (I agreed with the move) cost him a lot of home test series. Misbah has decided he wants to mess up the t20. Criminally pointless tinkering.
    Mickey was not fit as a coach for Tests, and Misbah is not fit for ODIs and T20s.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It was actually Sarfaraz's captaincy that was prime to us reaching #1. It would've definitely mattered against South Africa.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Yes you're right, I wouldn't have been interested. But it did happen, so you have all the right to discuss the most important cricket tourney in your eyes

Flawed logic, as Sri Lanka did not send their full-strength team, so getting thrashed by them should not be put down to them being in T20 mode. I'll ask again, Sri Lanka at home, weakened side - wrong time to take over?

Lets talk about absolutes here and let me see you refute OP's claims with solid facts, rather than bringing in your 'would have, could have' or the Asia Cup 2018
    It is an absolute fact that India would smoke Pakistan and I don’t have to prove why. We all know it but if you want to live in denial you can do so.

Why are you fixated with the Sri Lankan series? Would it have made a difference to Misbah’s outlook if he would have beaten Sri Lanka C followed by getting thrashed in Australia and beyond? Obviously not.

It is an inconvenient time to take over because we will play two World T20s in 2020 and 2021. Misbah has not been served a buffet of soft T20 matches like Mickey was between 2016 and 2018.

Which is why we lost two games by margins of less than 10 runs, and thrashed them in a brutal manner in the last game. Too strong, well said.

Cricket logic ko salaam
    Who cares about a dead-rubber win in South Africa after the series was over? We lost the first two T20s in a three match series. End of story.

The margin of defeats flattered us in both games. South Africa were in control for about 80% of the time in both matches. Even in the long partnership between Babar and Talat in the second T20I, we did not look like getting on top of the RRR which was too steep for our batting lineup.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 21st January 2020 at 20:58.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My whole problem comes when we remove core players. It took us 3 years to identify core T20 players and give them ample time to gel together. In comes Misbah and the core group is unsettled.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most games that we won, be it against NZ or World XI or even against Australia, he wasn't there. Someone like Fakhar and Babar were doing very well as openers, and Sharjeel before he got banned. Malik was definitely part of this set up though.
    Yes Babar was the key in the success. Also I think many people dont realize how good our bowling was doing in T20s Amir, Shadab's form and Hassan and Shaheen's injuries in recent times definitely left a big hole. I think team managements have struggled in recent times to understand the form of players, Mickey and co kept on playing Hassan (In ODIS) and Amir through thick and thin like it was their mission to never drop them which caused both Hassan and Amir more harm then good.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why are you fixated with the Sri Lankan series? Would it have made a difference to Misbah’s outlook if he would have beaten Sri Lanka C followed by getting thrashed in Australia and beyond? Obviously not.

It is an inconvenient time to take over because we will play two World T20s in 2020 and 2021. Misbah has not been served a buffet of soft T20 matches like Mickey was between 2016 and 2018.

It is an absolute fact that India would smoke Pakistan and I don’t have to prove why. We all know it but if you want to live in denial you can do so.

Who cares about a dead-rubber win in South Africa after the series was over? We lost the first two T20s in a three match series. End of story.

The margin of defeats flattered us in both games. South Africa were in control for about 80% of the time in both matches. Even in the long partnership between Babar and Talat in the second T20I, we did not look like getting on top of the RRR which was too steep for our batting lineup.
    Under Mickey/Sarfaraz combo, we did play against NZ in NZ which is not a joke and beat them. Played World XI, England in England, Australia in Zimbabwe and UAE, defending champs WI in WI. So there were definitely good teams involved that were beaten.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    T-20 No 1 team was not reflective of the quality of the side. Other teams are now taking the T-20 format seriously and playing their A players given that the T-20 WC is around the corner and Pakistan is now getting exposed as a result

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    It was actually Sarfaraz's captaincy that was prime to us reaching #1. It would've definitely mattered against South Africa.
    While Sarfraz is a decent T20 captain and he has proved it with QG as well, there were multiple factors for our so-called success during the 2016-2018 period.

- We had the privilege of not facing India, who also had a winning streak of their own during this period.

- the purple patches of rubbish players like Fakhar and Shadab

- We played West Indies around a thousand times. They can be very dangerous in this format, but they struggle a lot on slow turners and those were the pitches on which we played most of our matches against them. Besides, the side that we beat on the flat wickets of Pakistan in April 2018 was quite underpowered.

- Most of the other sides that we played were not full-strength. Our brightest moment came against Australia in the tri-series in Zimbabwe, but that Australian team were without Warner, Starc and Cummins.

Irrespective of the official ranking, Pakistan at no point during the 2016-2018 period was the best T20 side in the world. Not even close.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Under Mickey/Sarfaraz combo, we did play against NZ in NZ which is not a joke and beat them. Played World XI, England in England, Australia in Zimbabwe and UAE, defending champs WI in WI. So there were definitely good teams involved that were beaten.
    The small New Zealand grounds helped us. It reduced the gap between our plodders like Sarfraz and their power-hitters. Besides, they had demolished us 5-0 in ODIs so they were relaxed as well. It is hard to maintain that intensity and competitiveness over a long period of time. It is also worth noting that Colin Munro was unavailable for the decider T20.

Please see post #29 for the reflection on the Australian (tri-series) and West Indies series wins.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Even in the UAE series against Australia, there were no Warner and Cummins. However, I believe Starc was there.

New Zealand didn’t have Guptill in the UAE.

So the bottom-line is that we capitalized on underpowered sides. Our #1 is/was fake and our winning streak meaningless. We were always going to unravel in the 2020-21 period.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While Sarfraz is a decent T20 captain and he has proved it with QG as well, there were multiple factors for our so-called success during the 2016-2018 period.

- We had the privilege of not facing India, who also had a winning streak of their own during this period.

- the purple patches of rubbish players like Fakhar and Shadab

- We played West Indies around a thousand times. They can be very dangerous in this format, but they struggle a lot on slow turners and those were the pitches on which we played most of our matches against them. Besides, the side that we beat on the flat wickets of Pakistan in April 2018 was quite underpowered.

- Most of the other sides that we played were not full-strength. Our brightest moment came against Australia in the tri-series in Zimbabwe, but that Australian team were without Warner, Starc and Cummins.

Irrespective of the official ranking, Pakistan at no point during the 2016-2018 period was the best T20 side in the world. Not even close.
    The small New Zealand grounds helped us. It reduced the gap between our plodders like Sarfraz and their power-hitters. Besides, they had demolished us 5-0 in ODIs so they were relaxed as well. It is hard to maintain that intensity and competitiveness over a long period of time. It is also worth noting that Colin Munro was unavailable for the decider T20.

Please see post #29 for the reflection on the Australian (tri-series) and West Indies series wins.
    Even in the UAE series against Australia, there were no Warner and Cummins. However, I believe Starc was there.

New Zealand didn’t have Guptill in the UAE.

So the bottom-line is that we capitalized on underpowered sides. Our #1 is/was fake and our winning streak meaningless. We were always going to unravel in the 2020-21 period.
    This is what I am getting from you:

1) Warner starc were not there so our wins mean nothing. But yes, India's win against them in tests without warner smith starc is EVERYTHING! (quoting from another thread). Australia was still a dangerous T20 side and Pakistan beat them fair and square in bilateral and tri series.

2) NZ grounds are small so that's why we won. Totally ignored that NZ has some of the most explosive batsmen in the world and a very good bowling line up. It wasn't a fluke. Give Pakistan some credit here.

3) PRIVILEGE of not playing India? Firstly, it would be India's privilege. Secondly, it wasn't like India was #1. And I bet if we played India we would've won.

4) WI was not weak (except when they came to Pakistan). They had their full strength in home games.

Also you are forgetting World XI side led by Faf, which was a very good side. Pakistan was good under Mickey/Sarafaraz and lets acknowledge that.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a poor thread.

"I want old T20 combination back!"

"Malik & Hafeez get selected" - What?! TERRIBLE. How awful, going back to oldies!!! Worst thing!

Summary: awaam is never happy.

The fact is, we were utterly poor under the previous combination of Sarfraz, Malik, Arthur. Never faced a real challenge.

People should be happy that we now recognize that combination wouldn't have won anything at the World T20. We have to prepare and build a team for World T20. Bringing back Malik is terrible though, Sarfraz should stay away too.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 21st January 2020 at 21:39.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    This is what I am getting from you:

1) Warner starc were not there so our wins mean nothing. But yes, India's win against them in tests without warner smith starc is EVERYTHING! (quoting from another thread). Australia was still a dangerous T20 side and Pakistan beat them fair and square in bilateral and tri series.

2) NZ grounds are small so that's why we won. Totally ignored that NZ has some of the most explosive batsmen in the world and a very good bowling line up. It wasn't a fluke. Give Pakistan some credit here.

3) PRIVILEGE of not playing India? Firstly, it would be India's privilege. Secondly, it wasn't like India was #1. And I bet if we played India we would've won.

4) WI was not weak (except when they came to Pakistan). They had their full strength in home games.

Also you are forgetting World XI side led by Faf, which was a very good side. Pakistan was good under Mickey/Sarafaraz and lets acknowledge that.
    1) Test cricket is different. Most teams would lose in Australia even without the presence of Smith and Warner. However, in T20 cricket, if you take out 2-3 world class players, things can change drastically. Moreover, India beat a full-strength Australia at home in 2017.

If Pakistan would have beaten a full-strength Australia, I would have given them credit. The venue doesnít matter.

2) Small grounds reduce the gap between explosive batsmen and non-explosive batsmen. Players who are big hitters are not going to get more value for their big shots, but players with less power would get more value. The likes of Sarfraz etc. batted at a higher SR than they normally do.

Let me explain in another way - if you want someone like Imam who is not a big hitter to compete with Rohit Sharma in a six hitting contest, where would Imam have a better chance of competing with Rohit? A ground with 100m boundary or a ground with 60m boundary? Obviously the latter.

3) Well I am glad we didnít play India and you didnít bet otherwise you would have lost a lot of money. India would have beaten the daylights out of Pakistan even if we ignore the fact that we have only won 1 T20 against them in history.

A Pakistan vs India T20 series would have been no different than the Asia Cup where they slaughtered us without Kohli.

The possibility of one-off fluke wins like the Champions Trophy Final cannot be discounted, but for Pakistan to compete with India over the course of a series, India will have to play without 4-5 main players for Pakistan to compete.

Over the course of a series, we simply do not have the quality to beat an Indian side with Rohit, Kohli, Dhawan, Rahul, Bumrah, Kuldeep etc.

Moreover, our puny strengths are negated by India and they know how to beat us at our own game. A major part of our T20 wins was the 4 economical overs of Imad with the new ball and Shadab picking wickets in the middle-overs. However, spinners like Imad and Shadab are ďhalwaĒ for batsmen like Kohli and Rohit.

They can play them comfortably with their eyes closed.

Why will it be a privilege for India? It is no privilege to play against a vastly inferior team. Do you think it was a privilege for India to come to the UAE and smash us without Kohli? Not really, we bored their pants off with our mediocrity.

Had the Asia Cup not happened, people here would have never believed me had I told them that India would demolish Pakistan in an ODI series in the UAE without Kohli.

4) We didnít face a full-strength West Indies in West Indies. They didnít have Gayle and Russell, their two best T20 players.

World XIs usually donít perform as well as national sides. They have no motivation and no chemistry. ICC did us a favor by giving it international status, but the matches were basically exhibition friendlies to provide entertainment to Pakistani supporters. Even then, we managed to muck up one of the matches thanks to Perera, who always turns into Stokes against us.

In my view, Pakistanís last good T20 team was in 2010. Since then it has all been downhill.