Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"Wahab Riaz and Mohammad Amir shouldn't have been dropped" : Inzamam-ul-Haq

Inzamam's thoughts on selection for the Bangladesh T20Is (YouTube):

It took me a few days to decide what to say on selection after seeing so many major changes in the team. I don't think you should be making so many changes in any format, that you suddenly make 7-8 changes. I believe teams are made based on senior + junior combination, a team can't be all senior of junior.

It's a good decision to bring back Malik and Hafeez. Haris Rauf's selection is a good idea, Ahsan Ali has performed well in domestic cricket so these are good selections.

I disagree with a few things. Wahab Riaz and Mohammad Amir shouldn't have been dropped. The shorter the format, the better bowlers they are. If you're dropping them for retiring from Tests, I don't think that's the right way to deal with this matter. They are our senior players and if we can get some benefit from them, we should. Specially in a format where you just have a few matches remaining for the World Cup, I don't think we should be taking these kind of chances.

I think if they kept Fakhar, he is a dangerous player in T20s. His recent performances weren't good but his batting style, if you give him confidence and trust him, he can be very effective. He was the one player after Sharjeel who can do this type of hitting which we usually lack so I was surprised that he was dropped.

Another thing that people aren't talking about is Rizwan's selection. I don't think in this team he can play in the top order. If you want to play him and get benefit out of him, he is a proper batsman, he is an excellent wicket-keeper. The higher you play him up the order, the more effective he will be but if you play him down the order, there is no point of doing that. Instead of doing that, Sarfaraz Ahmed should have been selected in this position. In the last few years, Sarfaraz did really well in this role, his performances were good and he has experience of playing in the lower order.

Khushdil Shah has been selected for his hitting but some people don't know that he also does wicket-keeping. Perhaps the management is thinking of making him keep but I think you should have a regular wicket-keeper so this selection is a little dodgy. If you dropped Sarfaraz because he was the captain only then that's not a right decision. Any player who can improve the team should be selected.

Throughout my life I have observed any interesting thing. Whenever a new coach or a new person comes, they try to clear their own area so that whatever they are saying, everyone is hearing clearly and no one else is speaking in the middle. The senior players are the ones who speak in the middle and give advice. This is one thing that I don't like, if we make our hearts a little bigger then I think we can use our resources better. I'm not saying that we will win the T20 World Cup, I hope that happens. But our chances of winning will increase if we make our team's balance as good as it can be.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot pick and choose when to play for Pakistan. Amir needs to be shown his place.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab at 35 had been done for really in Test cricket but yes as always Amir's retirement has been the one people have been more vocal about since rumors started doing the rounds over a year ago.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wahab was finished a long time ago. No wonder Inzi still is his fan.

Amir isn't dropped forever. How else can you try other pacers like Rauf if Amir plays every match.

Besides, he also needs to know that there's competition for him and not to take his place for granted.

Amir will be in the world T20 and that's what matters. Unless the new quicks show a lot of promise.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    You cannot pick and choose when to play for Pakistan. Amir needs to be shown his place.
    This rule should then apply to everyone not just amir

Shoaib Malik has no business playing limited overs he's also retired from tests

There are also many other players who retired from tests but still played limited overs we should hate them all and take away all credit and achievements they earned after they quited test cricket

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    This rule should then apply to everyone not just amir

Shoaib Malik has no business playing limited overs he's also retired from tests

There are also many other players who retired from tests but still played limited overs we should hate them all and take away all credit and achievements they earned after they quited test cricket
    There is a world of difference between Malik and Amir's situation. Pakistan still needed Amir, and he turned his back on the country which forgave him for an unforgivable misdemeanor and welcomed him back with open arms. Everybody and his dog knew Malik was never good enough to play Test cricket for Pakistan.

I repeat, you cannot pick and choose when you play for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have a world cup this year why are ppl obsessed with amir and wahab..they could be RESTED too...We need to try different combos...bowling inshallah will be fine its the batting as always which worries me ..if what inzi says is true about khush dil if he can keep then that is great news

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    There is a world of difference between Malik and Amir's situation. Pakistan still needed Amir, and [B]he turned his back on the country which forgave him for an unforgivable misdemeanor and welcomed him back with open arms.[\B]

Nobody held a gun on PCB's head to welcome him back with open arms it was PCB's decision.

[B]Everybody and his dog knew Malik was never good enough to play Test cricket for Pakistan.[\B]

Amir isnt exactly a world beater either he has been pretty rubbish since his return

I repeat, you cannot pick and choose when you play for Pakistan.

You need to understand an employer can't force you to work for him regardless of how many favours the employer has done for you.

And if you want the best out of Amir you can't force him to do something he doesn't want too

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inzi losing his mind? on what planet has sarfraz done well in batting.. must be high on too much "lassi" ...

and how much more confidence and chances does fakhar needs? he has been playing and playing and playing without doin iota.....

Aamir and wahab need to be shown their place.. esp Aamir.... wahab does get some rope given he is 35 and cannot play test cricket but Aamir needs the boot... would demote him to category D and leave him to rot there

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab should have been dropped. He is such a huge liability on the team. Amir shouldn't have been dropped. If they were resting someone it should have been Shaheen.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is breaking the doors down - one selection is almost as good as another.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    You need to understand an employer can't force you to work for him regardless of how many favours the employer has done for you.

And if you want the best out of Amir you can't force him to do something he doesn't want too
    I understand that, and Amir is well within his rights to do what he did. But then he shouldn't expect to be selected anymore on the country he has turned his back on. I would prefer if the quartet of Shaheen, Naseem, Haris and Hasnain is developed with a clear vision in mind, rather than go back to Amir and Wahab.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amir's done well in this format so there is a case for that. Wahab's few and far impact innings are interspersed with far too mediocrity for a long time.

He should have just retired after the WC sticking to T20 leagues.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzi himself discarded Wahab in the first half of 2017 from T20s and he didnt play a single T20 game for Pakistan till 2019. Now he is asking why he has been dropped? Lol! Some of our ex cricketers and even fans just want to do criticism for the sake of criticism against any person based upon personal likes and dislikes.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Inzi himself discarded Wahab in the first half of 2017 from T20s and he didnt play a single T20 game for Pakistan till 2019. Now he is asking why he has been dropped? Lol! Some of our ex cricketers and even fans just want to do criticism for the sake of criticism against any person based upon personal likes and dislikes.
    It's become a habit of our people to whine and cry, while providing no solutions whatsoever. Some journalists have made a career out of doing just that.