Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 120 of 120
  1. #81
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    32,246
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    What was the point of giving shadab this over when the pacers were bowling so well?
    So that he can help them get over the 100 mark.

  2. #82
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,382
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Blaming the pitch instead of the batting lol
    It doesn't have to be one or the other. He's not wrong

  3. #83
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    6,178
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    It doesn't have to be one or the other. He's not wrong
    The pitch isn't great but it's not a 140 runs one

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    The selectors see that he can bowl 150+ and is just 19 years old. Any country will invest in a bowler with that armoury. As long as the action isn't Wahab-esque and the bowler has a brain, he can develop the requisite skills.

    It's a bit strange to be going on about how trash Hasnain is on a day where he's bowled pretty well. And he was moving the ball earlier too.
    Agreed. He hasn't been excellent but has the raw ingredients, and deserves to be developed further.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,297
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    The selectors see that he can bowl 150+ and is just 19 years old. Any country will invest in a bowler with that armoury. As long as the action isn't Wahab-esque and the bowler has a brain, he can develop the requisite skills.

    It's a bit strange to be going on about how trash Hasnain is on a day where he's bowled pretty well. And he was moving the ball earlier too.
    Keep dreaming about that he can bowl 150kph. He can't. 1 delivery in a million deliveries does not mean that he can bowl 150kph. Rauf is much quicker than Hasnain and has variety to his bowling.

    Hasnain is good length, good length, good length, short ball, slower short ball.

    Shaheen is the only decent fast bowler we have in the country right now playing international cricket. Let's see how Rauf develops.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,169
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh will get 140 max

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    7,249
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen is class yaar.

    Our best bowling talent in the last couple of years.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,169
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Beautiful slower ball

  9. #89
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Keep dreaming about that he can bowl 150kph. He can't. 1 delivery in a million deliveries does not mean that he can bowl 150kph. Rauf is much quicker than Hasnain and has variety to his bowling.

    Hasnain is good length, good length, good length, short ball, slower short ball.

    Shaheen is the only decent fast bowler we have in the country right now playing international cricket. Let's see how Rauf develops.
    You're too influenced by some of Mamoon's posts.

    Have an independent mind too. Anyway, Hasnain isn't fully developed yet and is not a world beater. Shaheen is a pretty mature product.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,169
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That Shadab over was pointless!

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,395
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tamim is reminding me of Hashim Amla

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Bangladesh will get 140 max
    Won't even get to that.

    They're playing like true minnows, sadly. I hate to use this word for BD but they keep doing it.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,169
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh have completely trolled Pakistan in this series and before it. Won the toss in two games to bat first and just have not batted! How do you expect the crowed to be excited for the return of cricket!

  14. #94
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    7,249
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullet like throw by Imad.

    What a run-out.

  15. #95
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,382
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    The pitch isn't great but it's not a 140 runs one
    That's true. But his point regarding this pitch not being ideal for T20 WC prep is valid.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,753
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fielding has improved this series.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    69
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    That Shadab over was pointless!
    One over had to be bowled by a spinner. Fast bowlers had only 4 overs left.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,753
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Bangladesh have completely trolled Pakistan in this series and before it. Won the toss in two games to bat first and just have not batted! How do you expect the crowed to be excited for the return of cricket!
    Crowd seems excited, its people like who are used to seeing the bowlers getting smashed all over the park getting disappointed.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,753
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to say Soumya Sarkar is one of the most useless players i have seen to come from Bangladesh.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    2,480
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are they hiding a player like Soumaya Sarkar ?He should be playing in top three

  21. #101
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,395
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our pacers have bowled many wides in this series so far

  22. #102
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,958
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The only way Pakistan can win the T20 World Cup is on these dead slow pitches where we can play defensive cricket, and restrict teams to 140-150.

    However on true surfaces as we can expect in Australia where par score will be around 180-200, our lack of power hitting and quality spin will be exposed.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,395
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lets hope in 3rd T20 we see Pakistan bat first.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,753
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullycricket View Post
    Why are they hiding a player like Soumaya Sarkar ?He should be playing in top three
    He should be out of the team tbh

  25. #105
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    2,480
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The only way Pakistan can win the T20 World Cup is on these dead slow pitches where we can play defensive cricket, and restrict teams to 140-150.

    However on true surfaces as we can expect in Australia where par score will be around 180-200, our lack of power hitting and quality spin will be exposed.
    True.Couple that with our batting being non existent after Babar

  26. #106
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    32,246
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mossadek and Shabbir missed by Bangladesh.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,169
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The only way Pakistan can win the T20 World Cup is on these dead slow pitches where we can play defensive cricket, and restrict teams to 140-150.

    However on true surfaces as we can expect in Australia where par score will be around 180-200, our lack of power hitting and quality spin will be exposed.
    Hopefully they will have Sharjeel and Fakhar into the sides by then. Possibly Asif Ali and Umar Akmal also in the squad

  28. #108
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    85,631
    Mentioned
    6476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    No wonder they are ranked 9th and @Mamoon was saying they will beat us.
    I didnít say that.

    What I said was that a full-strength Bangladesh (i.e. with Shakib and Mushfiq) is a better ODI and T20 side than Pakistan in Asian conditions.

    Our fans are too arrogant for a team that were whitewashed by Sri Lankan reserves at home only a few months ago.

    Looks like it wasnít a big enough reality check for some.

    Nothing but humiliation awaits us in the upcoming two WT20s.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    32,246
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rauf gets Mahmudullah

  30. #110
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    7,249
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we want to win the World Cup, we want our bowling to step up.

    Batting hasnít been a big problem for us in Australia.

    It is the mammoth totals that we have conceded.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,958
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Outstanding from Shaheen. I hope to God we manage him properly.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,395
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing better to see than a pacer hitting the middle stump.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,169
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rauf is a top class addition. Good death bowler who Pakistan was lacking

  34. #114
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    85,631
    Mentioned
    6476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The only way Pakistan can win the T20 World Cup is on these dead slow pitches where we can play defensive cricket, and restrict teams to 140-150.

    However on true surfaces as we can expect in Australia where par score will be around 180-200, our lack of power hitting and quality spin will be exposed.
    Even on dead slow pitches, India would comfortably maul us.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,169
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I didn’t say that.

    What I said was that a full-strength Bangladesh (i.e. with Shakib and Mushfiq) is a better ODI and T20 side than Pakistan in Asian conditions.

    Our fans are too arrogant for a team that were whitewashed by Sri Lankan reserves at home only a few months ago.

    Looks like it wasn’t a big enough reality check for some.

    Nothing but humiliation awaits us in the upcoming two WT20s.
    You get a reality check every day on this forum yet you are consistently in denial, what do you expect from others?

  36. #116
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    176
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent bowling by Pakistan.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    18,802
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The only way Pakistan can win the T20 World Cup is on these dead slow pitches where we can play defensive cricket, and restrict teams to 140-150.

    However on true surfaces as we can expect in Australia where par score will be around 180-200, our lack of power hitting and quality spin will be exposed.
    Looks like you don't believe in the Mickey Arthur formula for T20s?

    Why the sudden change?

  38. #118
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,395
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    If we want to win the World Cup, we want our bowling to step up.

    Batting hasnít been a big problem for us in Australia.

    It is the mammoth totals that we have conceded.
    It's Australian conditions we can't stop conceeding big totals there everytime. Even India's bowling attack will conceed 180+. We need to sort out both batting and bowling.

    Sharjeel, Kamran and Fakhar needs to be back. Iftikhar and Khushdil should play all games in the middle order before the WT20.

    My XI will be

    Sharjeel
    Babar
    Kamran
    Hafeez
    Iftikhar
    Khushdil/Amad
    Imad/Yamin
    Shadab
    Amir
    Rauf
    Shaheen

  39. #119
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,169
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent, excellent bowling!

  40. #120
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,753
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    You get a reality check every day on this forum yet you are consistently in denial, what do you expect from others?


    Mamoon bhai has his own party ABP, anyone but Pakistan.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •