Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Pakistan convincingly defeat Bangladesh by 9 wkts in 2nd T20I to take unassailable 2-0 series lead

Pakistan bowlers restricted Bangladesh to a modest 136/6, before unbeaten fifties from skipper Babar Azam and Mohammad Hafeez powered them to a comfortable nine-wicket win in the second T20I at Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium on Saturday, 25 January.

This is Pakistan's first T20I series win since their 3-0 sweep against New Zealand in the UAE in October 2018, after which they had lost eight of the nine completed games, including three on the trot against Sri Lanka at home three months ago.

The hosts lost their opener, Ahsan Ali, early in the chase, who was undone by the mounting pressure early on and eventually perished for a seven-ball duck to Shafiul Islam. However, Babar (66*), who had a rare failure in the series opener, batted with oozing positivity early on, to set the tone. The top-ranked batsman in the MRF Tyres ICC T20I Rankings showed his class right from the start and raced to 23 off 11 by the end of the Power Play, which allowed the No.3 Mohammad Hafeez to play himself in.

Hafeez (67*), who had consumed 19 balls for his first 12 runs soon found his touch and eventually raced to his fifty in the 13th over with a single down to third man, which was preceded with back-to-back fours. Babar followed the suit next over, dispatching a short-pitched one from Mustafizur Rehman over the on-side boundary, before getting to his half-century with a single off the next ball.

The pair took 29 off the next 2.4 overs, and the unbeaten 131-run stand took Pakistan home with 20 balls to spare. Both smashed a six each, while Hafeez led the fours count with nine hits to Babar's seven.

Earlier, Bangladesh didn't have the best of starts after skipper Mahmudullah opted to bat. Shaheen Afridi produced an absolute peach to remove Mohammad Naim for a first-ball duck, while Mahedi Hasan and keeper-batsman Liton Das fell to Mohammad Hasnain and Shadab Khan respectively. The innings got some stability from Tamim Iqbal, who top-scored with 65 and added some useful runs with Afif Hossain (21) and Mahmudullah (12) in the middle overs.

Tamim and Mahmudullah collected 14 runs from the 16th over, and looked set to take the visitors close to the 150-run mark. However, the former lost his wicket to a run-out for the second straight time in the series, and that dented the progress, allowing Bangladesh to finish at mere 136/6.

With back-to-back wins, Pakistan have pocketed the three-match series, with a game still to be played at the same venue on Monday, 27 January.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1588886
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 25th January 2020 at 18:59.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff from Pak.

BD should try Hasan Mahmud, Ruble Hussain and Najamul Hussain Shanto in the next match.

While Pak should try Amad Butt, Khushdil Shah, Musa and Usman Qadir without being judgemental based upon one match.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a thrashing it was. Absolutely clinical.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best T20I team of all time

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pakistan's whipping boys bullied one again

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Proper red herring this...
    the old vultures are gathering...looking for prey.
    When it comes down to the kill in a few months time...they'll fly away.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No need to get gassed about this. Humiliation awaits us when Mushfiq and Shakib return

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Good stuff from Pak.

BD should try Hasan Mahmud, Ruble Hussain and Najamul Hussain Shanto in the next match.

While Pak should try Amad Butt, Khushdil Shah, Musa and Usman Qadir without being judgemental based upon one match.
    Disappointed ashan ali got frustrated and played a rash shot, he was hitting the ball too hard. Still believe heís a good pick and will come good in giving good starts.

Iíd make some changes next match seeing as itís a dead rubber.

Rest iftikhar for Khushdil
    Rest imad for Ammad
    Rest Shadab for Qadir

Overall

1. Babar Azam
    2. Ashan Ali
    3. Mohammed Hafeez
    4. Shoaib Malik
    5. Khushdil Shah
    6. Ammad Butt
    7. Mohammed Rizwan
    8. Usman Qadir
    9. Shaheen Afridi
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. Muhammed Hasnain/Musa Khan (think Musa Khan is worse than Hasnain, to be honest donít like both)

Nothing wrong with mixing it up, thatís the recipe for success.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    No need to get gassed about this. Humiliation awaits us when Mushfiq and Shakib return
    😂😂😂 in there dreams. Pakistan will thrash them regardless. They have been our bunnies for many many years. Just because they won some fluke wins against us doesnít make them any good. With the kind of Pakistan bowling attack is developing in Australia we will be a real threat. We need to bring back, Umar, Fakhar and Sharjeel Khan.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Ahsan Ali played his Last International match.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

Hafeez & Malik back

Well done

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First bilateral series win since 2018. Good achievement . If you improve at this rate, you should be outright favourites for the World T20.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan bowlers restricted Bangladesh to a modest 136/6, before unbeaten fifties from skipper Babar Azam and Mohammad Hafeez powered them to a comfortable nine-wicket win in the second T20I at Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium on Saturday, 25 January.P

This is Pakistan's first T20I series win since their 3-0 sweep against New Zealand in the UAE in October 2018, after which they had lost eight of the nine completed games, including three on the trot against Sri Lanka at home three months ago.

The hosts lost their opener, Ahsan Ali, early in the chase, who was undone by the mounting pressure early on and eventually perished for a seven-ball duck to Shafiul Islam. However, Babar (66*), who had a rare failure in the series opener, batted with oozing positivity early on, to set the tone. The top-ranked batsman in the MRF Tyres ICC T20I Rankings showed his class right from the start and raced to 23 off 11 by the end of the Power Play, which allowed the No.3 Mohammad Hafeez to play himself in.

Hafeez (67*), who had consumed 19 balls for his first 12 runs soon found his touch and eventually raced to his fifty in the 13th over with a single down to third man, which was preceded with back-to-back fours. Babar followed the suit next over, dispatching a short-pitched one from Mustafizur Rehman over the on-side boundary, before getting to his half-century with a single off the next ball.

The pair took 29 off the next 2.4 overs, and the unbeaten 131-run stand took Pakistan home with 20 balls to spare. Both smashed a six each, while Hafeez led the fours count with nine hits to Babar's seven.

Earlier, Bangladesh didn't have the best of starts after skipper Mahmudullah opted to bat. Shaheen Afridi produced an absolute peach to remove Mohammad Naim for a first-ball duck, while Mahedi Hasan and keeper-batsman Liton Das fell to Mohammad Hasnain and Shadab Khan respectively. The innings got some stability from Tamim Iqbal, who top-scored with 65 and added some useful runs with Afif Hossain (21) and Mahmudullah (12) in the middle overs.

Tamim and Mahmudullah collected 14 runs from the 16th over, and looked set to take the visitors close to the 150-run mark. However, the former lost his wicket to a run-out for the second straight time in the series, and that dented the progress, allowing Bangladesh to finish at mere 136/6.

With back-to-back wins, Pakistan have pocketed the three-match series, with a game still to be played at the same venue on Monday, 27 January.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1588886

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Disappointed ashan ali got frustrated and played a rash shot, he was hitting the ball too hard. Still believe he’s a good pick and will come good in giving good starts.

I’d make some changes next match seeing as it’s a dead rubber.

Rest iftikhar for Khushdil
    Rest imad for Ammad
    Rest Shadab for Qadir

Overall

1. Babar Azam
    2. Ashan Ali
    3. Mohammed Hafeez
    4. Shoaib Malik
    5. Khushdil Shah
    6. Ammad Butt
    7. Mohammed Rizwan
    8. Usman Qadir
    9. Shaheen Afridi
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. Muhammed Hasnain/Musa Khan (think Musa Khan is worse than Hasnain, to be honest don’t like both)

Nothing wrong with mixing it up, that’s the recipe for success.
    Ahsan will definitely be given the last match. I also think of someone is selected he should be given proper oppurtunities otherwise dont select the player at all.

I think Malik and Hafeez have already proved themselves so I will replace one of them for Khushdil as Iftikhar needs games under his belt, not sure if this will happen though. Rest of the changes are pretty decent.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If i were a BD fan i would be totally dejected. Against decent T20 sides (incl Afghanistan) their record reads
    69 matches won just 15. W/L Ratio is well below 1 against most teams.

T20 performances against top 12 teams. Bangladesh batsmen average 18 at a strike rate of 114 in their history. That is pathetic.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If BD can't even compete consistently in the shortest format where will they compete. After Shakib Ul Hasan calls it a day, BD will look much more hopeless. Under-19 performances mean zilch if they don't take their game to next level.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    This one was a poor show - not even in the frame.

I think, the thought process is that they canít chase against PAK attack and trying to catch PAK off guard while chasing - that wonít happen with 140ish target with MoHa, Malik in line-up, and winter happen with 170 either the day Babar sticks for long. T20 is a bowlers game and only chance we have probably to put PAK in and try to chase a target. I think Babar is due to win a toss, if not next game they should try other way - with this bowling we wonít defend much. Another blunder was not to pick a SLAO spinner - off-spinners are going to be fun for MoHa - Malik and PAK is playing them in top 4.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gutted.

Bangladesh forgot how to bat. 136 on a good Pakistani pitch was way below-par.

Pakistan are looking good to win this series 3-0.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh won the toss twice and wasted it. Bowling has always been Pak strength, and giving the ball to Pak first will always put you under pressure. So why did they do it? i have no idea.
    Bangla batting order needs to change. Tamim is getting no support from any other batsman.
    Also, Mustafiz decline is shocking. He needs to come play Pak domestic season and he will be a polished product. . Full season not just PSL. Right now, his talent is being wasted.

And finally, congrats Pak!! ��

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    If BD can't even compete consistently in the shortest format where will they compete. After Shakib Ul Hasan calls it a day, BD will look much more hopeless. Under-19 performances mean zilch if they don't take their game to next level.
    Agreed.

U19 guys are doing alright but national team is always behind for some reason.

I think it is a mental block issue.

Congratulations to Pakistan nonetheless. Very clinical performance today.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 25th January 2020 at 20:53.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan T20 ranking is safe and even its other ranking will be at higher than normal. Major SENA countries and India will not visit India. 2nd tier teams like Sl, BD, Zim etc will bring their c teams as top players will refuse and will get thrashed in Lahore and Karachi: So even if Pakistan lose almost every match abroad, i5te ranking will be maintained.

Itís a good business model for Pakistan to safeguard its ranking.

I expect Pakistan to as ranked higher than itís today in all three formats by end-2020

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    This one was a poor show - not even in the frame.

I think, the thought process is that they can’t chase against PAK attack and trying to catch PAK off guard while chasing - that won’t happen with 140ish target with MoHa, Malik in line-up, and winter happen with 170 either the day Babar sticks for long. T20 is a bowlers game and only chance we have probably to put PAK in and try to chase a target. I think Babar is due to win a toss, if not next game they should try other way - with this bowling we won’t defend much. Another blunder was not to pick a SLAO spinner - off-spinners are going to be fun for MoHa - Malik and PAK is playing them in top 4.
    T20 is a bowlers game? What???

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babbar View Post
    Pakistan T20 ranking is safe and even its other ranking will be at higher than normal. Major SENA countries and India will not visit India. 2nd tier teams like Sl, BD, Zim etc will bring their c teams as top players will refuse and will get thrashed in Lahore and Karachi: So even if Pakistan lose almost every match abroad, i5te ranking will be maintained.

It’s a good business model for Pakistan to safeguard its ranking.

I expect Pakistan to as ranked higher than it’s today in all three formats by end-2020
    I have seen shameless people but havent see a more shameless individual than you.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect Pakistan to as ranked higher than it’s today in all three formats by end-2020
    Senseless post, just to annoy some other , not based upon reality.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This I was worried about, some 40 year olds will score some easy runs on a flat wicket and against an innocent attack and we will stuck with them for another year. We will lose WC badly with oldies as it will be played in Australia and they have to face much better bowling attack and on larger grounds their "sixes" will be caught easily at mid-wicket , long on and long of.

Home games are ideal time to give chances to younger players. We played Khushdil and other youngsters in Australia and at Lahore we played Shehzad and Umar Aklmal against SL and now Hafeez and Shoaib against BD. Shameful and ridiculous act my Misbah.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    First bilateral series win since 2018. Good achievement . If you improve at this rate, you should be outright favourites for the World T20.
    not with the journeymen like Hafeez, Malik, Rizwan, Showdab and all in one Misbah.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah was looking desperate for win so his bold moves like bringing youngsters and unfavoured UA was a short stay. He quickly took a mega uturn by recalling Malik and Hafeez.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    This I was worried about, some 40 year olds will score some easy runs on a flat wicket and against an innocent attack and we will stuck with them for another year. We will lose WC badly with oldies as it will be played in Australia and they have to face much better bowling attack and on larger grounds their "sixes" will be caught easily at mid-wicket , long on and long of.

Home games are ideal time to give chances to younger players. We played Khushdil and other youngsters in Australia and at Lahore we played Shehzad and Umar Aklmal against SL and now Hafeez and Shoaib against BD. Shameful and ridiculous act my Misbah.
    I don't think the youngsters will outperform the older guys at this point for the World Cup. From a cricketing sense, makes sense to bring back the seniors now unfortunately. They will probably fail, but there's more chance they will succeed than new guys to international cricket. Not enough time to properly groom youngsters into the team now before T20 world cup starts.

What's criminal is we had an extended break between T20 world cups. Longer than normal 3/4 years gap. Other teams were experimenting as a result, trying out youngsters, which not only benefited them in T20s but other formats. Instead Mickey Arthur was happy to cling to the no.1 ranking and just play the seniors. Massive mistake. Misbah had no real time to do so as a result. He only really had one/two series to experiment.

But what I don't understand is Misbah's squad. Why not bring in guys like Zeeshan Malik, Zafar Gohar, people that actually have some domestic credentials? I thought it was a poor T20 squad.
    Last edited by ads101; 25th January 2020 at 22:20.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The problem with playing against such a boring and poor side, absolutely zero interest in the series

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The problem with playing against such a boring and poor side, absolutely zero interest in the series
    Except that we lose one game and the T20 number ranking is gone!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Somebody check if @Dios is ok

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Finally played like number one ranked side after 10 matches.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good win. It's always great to see Babar scoring and Pakistan winning at the same time.

There are some negatives though, Hafeez and Malik have most probably cemented their places for the WT20 with their respective fifties.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)

I agree, but don’t forget that Sri Lankan reserves thrashed this fake number 1 team.

Anyway, apart from a section of delusional fans, no one takes Pakistan’s fake ranking seriously. Every knew they were going to get brutally exposed eventually and the drama will come to an end. That is what happened against South Africa, England, Australia and even Sri Lankan reserves.

After the two World T20s, we will probably find ourselves at #5 or #6 which is our rightful position in the rankings.

People need to understand something - in today’s era, the difference between ODIs and T20s is not huge. It is not what it was 10-15 years ago. Today, there is no such thing as a great T20 team and an average ODI team. You are either a good Limited Overs side or you are not.

Pakistan is ranked 6th in ODIs and it is a true reflection of its capability in Limited Overs.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on series victory. I thought itíll be a close contest but was wrong.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    T20 is a bowlers game? What???
    It is - if you could spend more time on analysing the game, you could understand that easily. I am giving some clue, try to dig in deep.

20 overs is too short to bring the batting depth into account. Also, in a 20 oversí game when the average run rate is ~8, having wickets hardly helps - keeping 7-8 wickets for last 25 overs can work in 50 over game, where you can almost double your score in last 3rd; not in T20 - here the key is to keep a good RR from start because slogging has an elasticity - you can increase scoring rate in exchange of wickets when your current rate is ~5... but when itís already around 8, new batsmen often waste balls and scoring rate goes down and in last 5-6 overs 4-5 wickets means 4/5 dots as well!!! Thatís why better teams actually often scores more in first 10 overs than last & successful T20 teams load their 1-2-3-4 with best hitters.

In contrast, bowlers quota is limited - 20%. Top three-four batsmen can blast around for 20 overs but one bowler can bowl maximum 4, hence the trick is always best 5X4 bowling combination. In ODI, utility cricketers are handy with their contribution, but in T20 the key is bowling skills, if your bowlers can blast few, thatís bonus. T20s are often won buy few blasting overs of ~20, otherwise most teams are capable of scoring 125 in 16- 17 overs, itís those few loose overs that defines a T20 game, means often the key is the quality of your 3rd, 4th & 5th bowler, who would determine the score between 140 to 180 in a standard game. Cricket is a game which is counted by runs scored hence apparently batsmen finishes the game, but T20 itís always about containing 20 overs. This was the main reason PAK dominated first few years of T20 history - Shoaib, Gul, Ajmal, Afridi & ARazzak have solid 20 overs + bounds was the batting.

If T20 wasnít a bowlersí game, even in current context, PAKís T20 ranking would have been similar to Test/ODI ranking - thatís including the opponents (quality of opponents) that they have faced in last 2-3 years - you may think twice about it deeply before replying me here.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another pathetic performance from Bangladesh. The quality of players emerging from the BPL seems to be quite average and undercooked.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Pakistan for retaining #1 ranking

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even after winning just 1 out of last 8-10 matches before this series, how is Pakistani still number 1? Man, the gap must have been very big between Pakistan team (2017-2018) and the rest of the world.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE, Jan 25 (APP): President Arif Alvi and First Lady Samina Alvi Saturday witnessed the 2nd Twenty20 International cricket match between Pakistan and Bangladesh teams at the Gaddafi Stadium here.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ehsan Mani received the distinguished guests at the stadium. Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Chairman Nazam ul Hasan was also present.

President Alvi stayed at the stadium briefly and watched the latter half of the Bangladesh batting innings.

https://www.app.com.pk/president-wit...0i-at-gaddafi/
    Last edited by MenInG; 26th January 2020 at 10:33.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    It is - if you could spend more time on analysing the game, you could understand that easily. I am giving some clue, try to dig in deep.

20 overs is too short to bring the batting depth into account. Also, in a 20 oversí game when the average run rate is ~8, having wickets hardly helps - keeping 7-8 wickets for last 25 overs can work in 50 over game, where you can almost double your score in last 3rd; not in T20 - here the key is to keep a good RR from start because slogging has an elasticity - you can increase scoring rate in exchange of wickets when your current rate is ~5... but when itís already around 8, new batsmen often waste balls and scoring rate goes down and in last 5-6 overs 4-5 wickets means 4/5 dots as well!!! Thatís why better teams actually often scores more in first 10 overs than last & successful T20 teams load their 1-2-3-4 with best hitters.

In contrast, bowlers quota is limited - 20%. Top three-four batsmen can blast around for 20 overs but one bowler can bowl maximum 4, hence the trick is always best 5X4 bowling combination. In ODI, utility cricketers are handy with their contribution, but in T20 the key is bowling skills, if your bowlers can blast few, thatís bonus. T20s are often won buy few blasting overs of ~20, otherwise most teams are capable of scoring 125 in 16- 17 overs, itís those few loose overs that defines a T20 game, means often the key is the quality of your 3rd, 4th & 5th bowler, who would determine the score between 140 to 180 in a standard game. Cricket is a game which is counted by runs scored hence apparently batsmen finishes the game, but T20 itís always about containing 20 overs. This was the main reason PAK dominated first few years of T20 history - Shoaib, Gul, Ajmal, Afridi & ARazzak have solid 20 overs + bounds was the batting.

If T20 wasnít a bowlersí game, even in current context, PAKís T20 ranking would have been similar to Test/ODI ranking - thatís including the opponents (quality of opponents) that they have faced in last 2-3 years - you may think twice about it deeply before replying me here.
    Shoaib, Gul, Ajmal, Afridi & ARazzak have solid 20 overs - splendid attack, 2009 winners? Who could definitely win the game with the ball. What a 7-11 to have...canít recall if we saw enough of it in ODIs...

SOUND the ALAM!