"We became #1 in T20Is because we had experienced players alongside youngsters" : Babar Azam

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"We became #1 in T20Is because we had experienced players alongside youngsters" : Babar Azam

Babar Azam presser after 2nd T20I:

"We needed this win after losing the last couple of series. We had tried a few new players, now we brought back some senior players. We became #1 in T20Is because we had experienced players alongside youngsters. So we wanted to make a good combination.

"It felt good, in the first match Shoaib bhai performed and today Hafeez bhai played an outstanding innings. Today Hafeez bhai got stuck a bit early on but he played outstanding later, it helps everyone when you win matches.

"We will try to win the series 3-0 and whitewash them, even if we give other players chances in the last match.

"We haven't discussed the team combination for the last match.

"I am thinking about the T20 World Cup, I have been appointed captain so I have the responsibility. We have PSL after this and after that, we will get a good group of players together. When we go for the World Cup, I think we'll have good backup that we can play a good team.

"When we lose wickets then we plan to build partnership. Hafeez bhai struggled a bit but played his shots and played an outstanding innings. I just played my normal game, I think Hafeez bhai changed the game.

"Today the wicket was good and the ball was coming onto the bat. They bowled well so I give credit to Hafeez bhai for playing an outstanding innings.

"I am thankful to Allah for giving me respect and that we won a series. There's no pressure on me, the players help me and they play according to the plan so I don't feel much pressure.

"Why would I be upset (about BD's performance), I am happy that the bowlers bowled so well today. They bowled well in the powerplay and Shaheen and Haris were outstanding at the death.

"In the last match, the wicket was slow but today it was much better and the ball was coming onto the bat. When we have more matches and regular cricket here, I think it'll improve.

"We don't give targets to anyone that you will be dropped if you don't play in a certain number of matches. You are given a proper number of chances, if you don't perform then you can be dropped and we try other players. But we do try and give proper chances to everyone.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop Ahsan Ali and open with Khushdil Shah.

Who knows we may even get a good opener out of him

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say give Ahsan some time, he looked good in the first game. I want to see what Kurdsil Shah can too to be honest