Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Islamabad United appoint Shadab Khan as captain for Pakistan Super League 2020

Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th January 2020 at 13:11.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All things pointing towards another ISLU victory.

He's miles better as a bowler than the darter Imad Wasim, seems to have a thinking mind too so that's why must've been made the captain.

Good luck to him.

I see no other team challenging ISLU under Misbah and a great combination he's picked.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    And so begins the decline of PSL’s most successful franchise. May Islamabad United rest in peace.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Time will tell, but I'm not convinced that this is a wise move.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice frontman for Misbah to call the shots while blame Shadab's inexperience and young age in case Islamabad does'nt do well.

Not a revolutionary move as Misbha will be running the show of Islamabad United

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamanFan View Post
    Nice frontman for Misbah to call the shots while blame Shadab's inexperience and young age in case Islamabad does'nt do well.

Not a revolutionary move as Misbha will be running the show of Islamabad United
    And that's why he's the most successful PSL person. Your pain will be enjoyable when they'll be lifting the trophy again. Far too easy for Misbah and ISLU.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a feeling he will thrive under captaincy. Good decision, and much needed.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    And that's why he's the most successful PSL person. Your pain will be enjoyable when they'll be lifting the trophy again. Far too easy for Misbah and ISLU.
    Rofl Misbah was already established, the most successful PSL person is your favorite Sarfaraz Ahmed. 4 time finalist and a winner.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People have been giving Deano's credit to Misbah. Would like to see how they do without him this time around.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Can Shadab lead by example because his cricket consists primarily of average bowling, horrendous batting, and dolphin dives in the field.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Time will tell, but I'm not convinced that this is a wise move.
    I appreciate the apprehension here chief, especially given the reports around his getting too big for his boots. However, responsibility does change a man, he's well travelled enough to pick some tricks of the trade and has wise heads like Misbah and Ronchi to guide him. I'm cautiously hopeful

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit concerned he’s gone backwards as a cricketer. Attitude maybe? Professionalism maybe? For example - he looks a bit overweight.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    A bit concerned he’s gone backwards as a cricketer. Attitude maybe? Professionalism maybe? For example - he looks a bit overweight.
    At start of career, Shadab had DRIFT in his bowling. That's gone so his bowling isn't as effective now.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    He is overweight definitely, but good choice as captain.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He seems to have captaincy potential, but it is far too early for him to be given the job.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its great move to promote youngster which is against the culture of the country for choosing Captains. Shadab Khan is travelled all over played most of the leagues around the world,working under experience hands of Misbah and Ronchi so why not, to me its a great move and all other franchises should choose young captains.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This guy is getting a lot of special treatment even though he hasn't achieved much. Now he is the captain he will have a lot to prove and will be under a lot of pressure.

I think he should have concentrated more on his bowling rather than being a bits and pieces cricketer which he is right now. He isn't good enough to bat in the top 6 in any format and he isn't good enough to be a frontline spinner in any format. The longer he is in this position the more I doubt he will make it . But our management seem to have a lot of faith in him.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad move, good for Pakistan team also, might become T20 captain when Babar becomes test and ODI captain.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    I appreciate the apprehension here chief, especially given the reports around his getting too big for his boots. However, responsibility does change a man, he's well travelled enough to pick some tricks of the trade and has wise heads like Misbah and Ronchi to guide him. I'm cautiously hopeful
    I would have had him as vice-captain for 2 to 3 seasons and see how he did in that role first.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IU didnt have much other options. I personally always like to see young players being given leadership roles, Shadab did a decent job in few matches as captain last season. Ofcourse its s big responsibility but looking at the IU squad there is not a single guy I can think of as fit for the role.

If Rumman Raees would have been playing regularly in domestics and PSL, he would have been in contention but unfortunately he was injured and is making a come back.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I would have had him as vice-captain for 2 to 3 seasons and see how he did in that role first.
    Your suggestion is entirely reasonable. However it highlights a wider issue about the lack of leadership options in the Pakistan international team, and by extension in the PSL in general (i.e. Pakistani options). Sohail Akhtar as captain of LQ demonstrates this. Shadab is a gamble in this position who should ideally have been nurtured in the VC role. I'm not an ISLU fan but I hope he takes to it. Pakistan cricket will be the ones to benefit If he does

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good decision atleast IU is grooming a potential future Pakistan captain

I am aware Shadab has not delivered.kuch in lest 12-18 months but early on Jadeja was in a similar position but India kept faith in him and was rewarded eventually. Time will tell whether Shadab can repay the faith in a similar way or not.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Mohammad Sami captain last year and everybody was pisssed off because he's old?

Now they've appointed a young captain and you guys are still mad?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let's see if this will bring some maturity in him and make him a better player.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Wasn't Mohammad Sami captain last year and everybody was pisssed off because he's old?

I'm surprised that you're surprised. People say one thing and when that happens, they're still not happy.

You can never make our awaam happy. Of course the grudges against Shadab come into play as well.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Risky decision by Isb united, but i think Shadab is a very mature guy so this might works well for them Goodluck

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good move, need to put these young guys who are international regulars in some form of domestic captaincy so they we groom proper captains to take over if needed, and help them develop/think more about the game.

Sad that Babar isn't a captain too, though I do think important for Imad to be a captain as well in case we need him to take over.

Obviously having an experienced captain like a Sarfraz or Sammy is an advantage in the PSL, but IU didn't have that option, so it's the next best thing, and more beneficial if we're thinking about Pakistan cricket's future.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    And so begins the decline of PSL’s most successful franchise. May Islamabad United rest in peace.
    It ended when dean jones left.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Imad moving to Islamabad as captain would have been perfect. It would also have allowed Babar to lead Karachi.

The T20I captain of Pakistan is not a captain in PSL. It is completely ridiculous.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Deserving captain for a trash team. Hope they miss the playoffs.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad moving to Islamabad as captain would have been perfect. It would also have allowed Babar to lead Karachi.

The T20I captain of Pakistan is not a captain in PSL. It is completely ridiculous.
    True and Babar was destined to captain a PSL side until KK and Imad decided that Imad will get demoted to Diamond category to keep all three of Babar, Imad and Amir in the squad.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab was captain for most of last season aswell. I don't think he should be captain but the role of a captain is often overestimated in T20 cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    True and Babar was destined to captain a PSL side until KK and Imad decided that Imad will get demoted to Diamond category to keep all three of Babar, Imad and Amir in the squad.
    Imad is a better captain. He should lead the side anyway.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post

Both are two extremes. People have a reason to be mad.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Imad is a better captain. He should lead the side anyway.
    Imad is a pretty good captain and deserves to lead a side but it would have been great if national T20 captain Babar could also have captained a PSL side as its a premier T20 tournament and he could have learned a thing or two.

This could have happened if KK would have let Babar or Imad go but they are within their rights to retain both by demoting Imad to diamond.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Imad is a pretty good captain and deserves to lead a side but it would have been great if national T20 captain Babar could also have captained a PSL side as its a premier T20 tournament and he could have learned a thing or two.

This could have happened if KK would have let Babar or Imad go but they are within their rights to retain both by demoting Imad to diamond.
    Yeah I don't disagree on that point. Somewhat ridiculous that he is T20 captain and not captaining a team in PSL but seems unlikely that KK would want to let any of those two players go in the near future. Same with Azhar Ali who is Pakistan's test captain but not the captain of CP in QeA Trophy.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Both are two extremes. People have a reason to be mad.
    Who else was it supposed to be given to? Had it been given to someone experienced like Steyn, or Ronchi, people would be mad that they're giving the captaincy to foreigners and not grooming a local captain.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good choice indeed... Ideal for him if he find his place in at no. 5 or 6 to become that allrounder batsman who can play sensibly and also play the big shots at the same time...

Leadership to youngsters will bring wonders no doubt, im sure his game will raise but with experience his decision making will also improve...

Eventually Babar and Shadab are the only reliable choices in all formats to be named captains in the long run

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let him get some experience, everyone is talking about his attitude etc but very little or none know him personally so while you are entitled to your opinion, it may be a little harsh. Who knows what will happen but i for one am for our young players given responsibility in these kid of stages, if they fail they fail, if they succeed then in the long run it will be good for Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rumman was a better choice if he was fit enough to last a whole season. Plus his form and fitness have been pretty rocky.
    Shadab and Ingram were the only two choices I guess. Ingram would have been a safe choice.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I think he's been very poor with his bowling changes and field placings.

Looked out of his depth as captain so far.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's not had a great day with his captaincy today. He needs to some advice from some experienced players and Misbah.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor bowling.

Poor captaincy to keep bowling Amad too.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not his captaincy fault.

Musa is to be blamed. Poor bowler.

These guys can bowl well at the start but they are not good at death overs.

This is where Sami and Raees used to shine

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Not his captaincy fault.

Uh, have some sense.

Amad and Shadab lost us the game way before the last over.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Looking at him at the post match presentation, I wonder how he could inspire his team. I mean is he really leadership material - no way.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say on his leadership ability . . too early to speak on that and one game is hardly enough of a sample size to judge . . so harsh to give a judgement there . .

but, there's a much more fundamental issue . . his cricket skills and performances! It has been downhill for a long time . .

I am goign to admit, I have been a fan of Shadab Khan . . but he isn't doing the job that he should be doing in any team . . spinning the ball . . which is why he isn't pcikign up any wickets either . . his batting was never cut out for this format of the game either . .

So forget leadership for now! He is in deep waters here unless he turns it around . . And I am afraid to say, its not going to happen in this tournament . . he needs to go back to the nets and fix technical issues with his bowling . . he needs to watch videos of him from 3 4 years ago when he was "spinning" the ball especially his googly which had bite . . I don't remember the last time his googly had any kinda spin or bite . . Clearly focus also seems to have been off cricket . .

He is in trouble!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Not his captaincy fault.

Musa has one bad over, he bowled well overall. The problem was Shadab himself and keeping Amad bowling, when Ingram could have filled in for at least 2 overs.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Musa has one bad over, he bowled well overall. The problem was Shadab himself and keeping Amad bowling, when Ingram could have filled in for at least 2 overs.
    That one over was crucial.

The way you bowl at depth matters. Before he came up to bowl the last over it seemed the match might go til the last over, but the no ball he bowled just threw the match away.

shadab isnt a bad captain, did well, had the results been other way around we would had been praising him.

Bowling is inexperience. Steyn is needed back.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not his captaincy fault.

So shabdab and butt didnt bowl badly but musa went for 30 but was a poor bowler today lol

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    That one over was crucial.

The way you bowl at depth matters. Before he came up to bowl the last over it seemed the match might go til the last over, but the no ball he bowled just threw the match away.

shadab isnt a bad captain, did well, had the results been other way around we would had been praising him.

Bowling is inexperience. Steyn is needed back.
    It was but that's the nature of the beast. He bowled well for the most part. He needs to go full and straight because that's when he looks the part.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This was never going to work.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab is just a poor choice for captaincy. I wonder what IU were thinking? He is nowhere close to a leadership material. His action are kiddish. I mean, just look at his twitter jokes with Hassan Ali.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    This was never going to work.
    Suprising to see him bowling in the 18th over

He must really have fancies his chances with abdul nasir

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    He seems to have captaincy potential, but it is far too early for him to be given the job.
    As I said here, way too early for him and islu will be poorer with him at the helm.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes to immature to captain should let him concentrate on his bowling

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Noticeable that there aren't many experienced players around him. Those that were there, kept themselves away from Shadab.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don’t think Shadab is the issue.

Having an ‘all powerful’ person like Misbah-ul-Haq around is probably stifling for any person. And I’m sure Misbah chose Shadab because it’s easier to control him than a foreign player like Ronchi who would have made more sense.

The fact of the matter is, Misbah was a terrible t20 captain and is clearly a very poor limited over strategist. Islamabad United’s previous successes were more due to the Dean Jones effect combined with young energetic players as opposed to grandpa Misbah‘s performances which were non existent.

Shadab is clearly a smart thinker and was identified by Mickey as being a future captain. However he should have turned down the captaincy this year and focused on his own game since he was already struggling with form.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    I can't say on his leadership ability . . too early to speak on that and one game is hardly enough of a sample size to judge . . so harsh to give a judgement there . .

but, there's a much more fundamental issue . . his cricket skills and performances! It has been downhill for a long time . .

I am goign to admit, I have been a fan of Shadab Khan . . but he isn't doing the job that he should be doing in any team . . spinning the ball . . which is why he isn't pcikign up any wickets either . . his batting was never cut out for this format of the game either . .

So forget leadership for now! He is in deep waters here unless he turns it around . . And I am afraid to say, its not going to happen in this tournament . . he needs to go back to the nets and fix technical issues with his bowling . . he needs to watch videos of him from 3 4 years ago when he was "spinning" the ball especially his googly which had bite . . I don't remember the last time his googly had any kinda spin or bite . . Clearly focus also seems to have been off cricket . .

He is in trouble!
    I think his bowling really took a turn for the worse after the management tried slowing him down and attempted to transmute him into a conventional legspinner for the England tests back in May/June 2018. That's when his wrong'un started looking more like the straighter variation.

Also, if you compare his videos from the PSL 2017 to PSL 2019 or even yesterday, not only is his "walk-up" less jumpy, more laboured and devoid of rhythm, but also, you'll notice much less pelvic rotation, which seems to be vital to spin the ball either way. I think it was in Asia Cup 2018 where it was revealed that he had some kind of injury in that region. Even till this day, he walks funny with his feet really wide apart, which might be an indicator that he never fully recovered from that. Also, he needs to be fitter.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Islamabad United also appointed Misbah as coach. If Jones was there Shadab captaincy would've looked completely different.
    The field placings were horrendous to say the least when no. 6 batsman Nawaz came on the crease. Misbah being the head coach means a lot of drop catches and poor fielding by most of the team esp. youngsters.

There are huge issues apart from Shadab for IU to deal with at this point of time thanks to Misbah.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    21 year old leggy struggling to with form, first time appointed as captain and probably youngest in any high profile T20 league. Yes ordinary stuff but people need to relax, ups and downs are part of every cricketer’s career. In this PSL it was just his first match and small moments do make a difference and catch of Azam Khan getting dropped off his bowling was one crucial one.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel a bit sorry for Shadab at this time. He's been thrust into a leadership role and to his credit he's taken it on, but he was really exposed today as someone who is well out of his depth.

Let's see how he gets on, inshaAllah he will adapt to the steep learning curve for the betterment of Pakistan cricket as a whole.

In the meantime let's try and be kind. Its easy to forget Shadab's age sometimes.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Islamabad setup clearly has faith in Shadab, but i think captaincy was given too early to him. His bowling has deteriorated alarmingly and the last thing you want to do is give somebody the captaincy, when their performances are poor.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Man of the match.

Captain's knock.

Decent bowling.

Top captaincy and bowling changes.

SUPER pick.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Man of the match.

Captain's knock.

Decent bowling.

Top captaincy and bowling changes.

SUPER pick.
    I personally dont like his personality - seems like a clever double faced type of a character.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I personally dont like his personality - seems like a clever double faced type of a character.
    Okay, that's your choice.

Imad Wasim is the more annoying personality. Has had controversies, and consistently making KK lose.

Among the two, Shadab is less annoying, but still a bit annoying.
    Last edited by The Viper; 24th February 2020 at 00:24.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Led from the front today. Was the best performer for IU in both their innings.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A lot of credit to Shadab Khan today who led from the front and promoted himself to number 4 in the batting order. He came in with the score at 6/2 and smashed 52 off 29 balls with 3 fours & 4 sixes.

Takes guts that.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't think he had it in him.

Really looked like he had a point to prove today. I hope this sets a fire in him and he gets back on track, we could use him in all formats.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot of players sensing the void that will be left after Malik and Hafeez at 4 and 5

Shadab and Azam khan look like they want to step up.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It was very gutsy to promote himself under that bleak situation.

ISLU were really under trouble with their 2 best batters gone at the top.

Imad Wasim would have done the opposite, hiding himself further down the order.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for Shadab at this time. He's been thrust into a leadership role and to his credit he's taken it on, but he was really exposed today as someone who is well out of his depth.

Let's see how he gets on, inshaAllah he will adapt to the steep learning curve for the betterment of Pakistan cricket as a whole.

In the meantime let's try and be kind. Its easy to forget Shadab's age sometimes.
    That's my boy. Leadership can sometimes bring out the best in people and make a mockery out of others. Shadab showed lion heart today pulling out championship bowling on the back of 2 phainties and then backing himself at number 4. Brilliant stuff.

I'm so desperate to see confidence and swagger come back into Pakistan cricket after years of Misbah, Azhar Ali and Shafiq. I hope Shadab comes good.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab almost got out thrice in this innings. He actually did get out once if not for Shinwari’s brain fade. Let’s not over rate a 50 when every other player has been scoring well on 200-run-par tracks. Especially when that 50 was extremely lucky to have happened. Hopefully, though, this gives Shadab the confidence he needs to get his career back on track. Runs are runs no matter how they are scored and I can imagine a mental block coming off with this.

Same goes for his bowling. He was definitely turning the ball again. Don’t remember when I last saw that. Really excited to see where this goes.

But don’t hype Shadab to the moon after a half shoddy performance. He won’t live up to your all rounder fantasies, at least not for another year.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He batted very well and bowled well. Either way he played really well but still not sure of the captaincy yet.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    739 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brought me to doubt him after poor form fo the last year or so, but glad to have backed him over the years. Hopefully, captaincy will allow him to express himself more like he did this match.

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good performance with bat and bowl took responsibility

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab development is key for our cricket.More then Naseem , Shaheen or even Babar this is one bloke who I am desperate to see making it as him batting at 7 and being a 5th bowler will completely shift the dynamics of the test team.
    Not sure he has the personality to work hard and make it but I desperately hope so.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    A lot of players sensing the void that will be left after Malik and Hafeez at 4 and 5

Shadab and Azam khan look like they want to step up.
    If Shadab bats at 4 or 5 for Pakistan, our transition from a pathetic side to a minnow side will be complete. Let’s not get carried away with one fluke innings. He is a glorified tail-ender who shouldn’t be batting above number 8 at best.

Teams like India, Australia, England etc. would absolutely love to see Shadab walking out to the middle when Pakistan are 2 or 3 down inside 15 overs.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage, I see him having a career similar to Graeme Cremer. If our fans are banking on him to be a superstar all-rounder, then they are sadly more delusional than I previously thought.