Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Mohammad Hurraira - Pakistan Under-19 batsman

Very impressive in the field and now with the bat - so much confidence for a youngster playing in his debut in such a crucial game vs Afghanistan in the U19 World Cup.

Name:  b9406137-88f5-4924-8ce1-c8e98a197de5.jpg
Views: 3296
Size:  44.7 KBName:  a4b20a64-5271-407b-aff9-bf10ecc6127f.jpg
Views: 2939
Size:  89.1 KB
    Last edited by James; 10th September 2022 at 16:54.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    InshaAllah Babar Azam continues to inspire more of these little superstars

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to keep an eye on this guys development.

Look very very promising in the quarter-final against Afghan team

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An amazing batsman

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His role model is Kane Williamson and he is related to Shoaib Malik.
    Looks like a compact player.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a solid batsman! Oh man.. I'm loving all these kids... Haider, Rohail and now Huraira.. shame he was dismissed the way he was... Bazid mentioned he's related to Shoaib Malik.. can anyone confirm?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard luck in how he got out, but those are the laws of the game unfortunately.

Very good player. Smart aswell.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He looked smart and active as a player.

Needs to work on his game awareness but he looks good.

He should be drafted in PSL and make a team around the youngstaaa.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I liked most abt this young lad is his maturity and cool head in this infancy. All ticks in TALENT COLUMN.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got lucky as 3rd man dropped a dolly & bowler miscued another chance.

However, he did look decent otherwise. Grinded out the runs.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He can be babar azam 2.0 for us. I would rate him above Haider and Rohail atm primary because he's got nerves of steel.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He looked so composed against wrist spin

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Speaking after winning the Player of the Match award

"I am very happy today, thanks to the Almighty, my parents, my teachers and coaches; The support staff gave me a lot of confidence as well"

"We were just thinking to ourselves that we will wait for the bad balls, and when they did come we would play our shots; That's whats the coaches told us and that is our strength too"

"There was a lot of spin in the pitch but we waited for the bad balls to come; In our minds the most important thing was strike rotation, and that's what we did and that worked"

"I like the way Kane Williamson bats and how he waits for the bad balls, and when he does get those balls he puts them to the boundary"

"The game against India will be a high pressure game and there is a lot of buzz about it everywhere in the world; We will play it like it like a normal game - yes there will be a bit more pressure in it but we will do good in it, Inshallah"

"The coaches and support staff have given me a lot of confidence; I had the self-belief in myself that whenever I got the chance, I would do my best; I did do my best today and it came off, thanks to the Almighty"

"Hats off to the Afghanistan team in the way they bowled, especially the spinners; the coaches told us to rotate the strike and not to go for the big shots; That's what we did, we waited for the bad balls and then hit them for a boundary"

"The pacers were bowling with good pace but they were a little wayward, bowling full or short of length; so Haider and I would give respect to the good balls and bang away the bad balls"

"India Pakistan rivalry has been big from the start so there is a bit more pressure but we will get used to it"

"As for myself, I will play the game against India (if selected) like a normal game"

"We just need to play good cricket as India are a good side - all XI of us need to give our best in this game"

"This was my first game so a bit of a bitter experience (mankad incident) but I will learn from my mistake as I should have been in the crease, I will ensure that it will not happen again"

"Our fielding was not upto the mark and in the first few overs we had many lapses in fielding; We were geeing ourselves up that we could do better then we took some good catches, the boys were very good in the fielding at the end"

"Thanks a lot to the crowd and all those who watched us on TV around the world; The crowd here supported us which gave us a boost and confidence; Thank you everyone - we hope you pray for us for the next and upcoming games"
    Last edited by MenInG; 31st January 2020 at 20:15.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good backlift, footwork, focus and temperament. Also speaks well and looks like a thinking and methodical individual. Definitely someone to look forward to.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Speaking about his idol, Williamson. Bats a bit like him too.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a really good batesman with brilliant timing and put the bad balls away babar azam numebr 2

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    An amazing effort at the boundary too.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some of his shots today.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can anyone upload his batting highlights?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I said in the last game thread that I have no idea why he hasn't been given a go instead of shehzad. Next game i hope irfan bat at 4 and fahad bats lower down. The guy looked lost and has a pathetic strike rate.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    I said in the last game thread that I have no idea why he hasn't been given a go instead of shehzad. Next game i hope irfan bat at 4 and fahad bats lower down. The guy looked lost and has a pathetic strike rate.
    Totally agree. He she's have played before in the tournament.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One of the best innings I have seen at this level. Played the ball very late, very elegant player. Concentration was on top.
    Hopefully can play well against India as well.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Some of his shots today.
    Another Babar azam in making

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Timing and elegance seems to be there!

Looks like he'll be playing for PAK soon. Just need to do well at FC and he'll be in.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kid is carbon copy of Babar Azam Mashallah, get him on board Pak ODI team

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryw View Post
    This kid is carbon copy of Babar Azam Mashallah, get him on board Pak ODI team
    The national cap shouldn't be this cheap.

He hasn't played any First Class cricket. This is U19, several levels below FC in competitiveness.

1-2 seasons of FC are a must.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Nephew of Shoaib Malik too apparently. Looked good; one to keep an eye on

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like he can speak English as well. Something which is a rarity especially at this level.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks a solid batsman...plays the ball late right under his eyes and rides the bounce very well..
    For a guy making his debut in QF of WC the conviction in his strokeplay was amazing

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    Another Babar azam in making
    The square drive was very Babar-esque

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would appreciate if people stopped mentioning his relationship to Shoaib Malik or his English speaking ability. Judge him for his performances.

He just played a masterclass of an innings, no need to bring all these other irrelevant details into discussion. And if you really want to admire
    his interview, look past the English and admire how amazingly well thought out his answers were. He has a very good sense of his own game, is willing to take complete responsibility, and looks up to players like Kane Williamson for their work ethic and willingness to carry the team, rather than name drop Kohli or Sachin like 90% of these other kids

Let him grow on these terms. You might not realize this but mentioning whatever relation he has to Shoaib Malik is going to be extremely detrimental to him if he ever ends up failing in an innings or two. It doesnít take long for people to start claiming the ďparchiĒ tag, and itís not an easy one to get rid off or even deal with in the first place. Imam for example, regardless of whether he is parchi or not (not something I want to debate right now) had a very tough time with the tag and only recently did he admit openly in an interview how tough this was for him. Because whether he performs or not, his name is three letters away from Inzamam ul Haq and that will never go away.

Iím just glad Hurairaís last name isnít Malik. And Babarís last name isnít Akmal.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited to see him prosper. One little concern I see is the lack of follow-through in batting is a little Hafeez-esque. Hopefully goes away with time - we've had way too many batsmen getting caught at 45 - Harris, Hafeez, Maqsood - etc etc

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Exciting to see how he develops. His last name sounds Spanish. Like Herrera!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a reflection of Hashim Amla in his batting. Clam, collected and punishes the bad ball.

I hope he is treated well in domestic circuit as I see a bright future for this lad.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Excellent batting yaar! That flick definitely reminds me of Babar Azam.

Has he been selected for any PSL team?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful potential

Great confidence, great technique and temperament to play long inning. he plays with good SR also. Reminds me of younger Babar Azam.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Would appreciate if people stopped mentioning his relationship to Shoaib Malik or his English speaking ability. Judge him for his performances.

He just played a masterclass of an innings, no need to bring all these other irrelevant details into discussion. And if you really want to admire
    his interview, look past the English and admire how amazingly well thought out his answers were. He has a very good sense of his own game, is willing to take complete responsibility, and looks up to players like Kane Williamson for their work ethic and willingness to carry the team, rather than name drop Kohli or Sachin like 90% of these other kids

Let him grow on these terms. You might not realize this but mentioning whatever relation he has to Shoaib Malik is going to be extremely detrimental to him if he ever ends up failing in an innings or two. It doesn’t take long for people to start claiming the “parchi” tag, and it’s not an easy one to get rid off or even deal with in the first place. Imam for example, regardless of whether he is parchi or not (not something I want to debate right now) had a very tough time with the tag and only recently did he admit openly in an interview how tough this was for him. Because whether he performs or not, his name is three letters away from Inzamam ul Haq and that will never go away.

I’m just glad Huraira’s last name isn’t Malik. And Babar’s last name isn’t Akmal.
    English speaking ability is important , as it shows he is going to school/college and education improves your self confidence and good for every player, there should not be two onion about it.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His batting looks like Babar Azam batting

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just watched him and to my amazement, not only does look very good, he looks 17 and has the body of a 17 year old.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Average.Crouches too much with minimal footwork.Good against spinners though.Doesnt look 'special' like babar azam did.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Just watched him and to my amazement, not only does look very good, he looks 17 and has the body of a 17 year old.
    He has the body of a 14 year old.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    How do you rate him as a batsman? I know it was his debut but your initial impressions?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He reminds me of the genuine 17 yr old, that I have worked with

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Average.Crouches too much with minimal footwork.Good against spinners though.Doesnt look 'special' like babar azam did.
    I think you want the finished product, He looks a good prospect.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    How do you rate him as a batsman? I know it was his debut but your initial impressions?
    He's quality.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's quality.
    Good to hear. With Zeeshan , Haider, Abdullah Shafique, Hurraira, Saud and Saif all in the wings our batting stocks are looking set. Ma Sha Allah

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good to hear. With Zeeshan , Haider, Abdullah Shafique, Hurraira, Saud and Saif all in the wings our batting stocks are looking set. Ma Sha Allah
    Yeah but I have no trust in Misbah. So, I hope they can find coaches that can work out their deficiencies at lower levels.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Looks good. Exciting to see how he develops. His last name sounds Spanish. Like Herrera!
    Abu Huraira (RA) was a famous Sahabi and a very close companion of the Prophet (PBUH), but agreed. Quite unique and has a nice ring to it too.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    Abu Huraira (RA) was a famous Sahabi and a very close companion of the Prophet (PBUH), but agreed. Quite unique and has a nice ring to it too.
    Abu Huraira- Huraira is plural to cat in Arabic. I believe he was a well known owner of Cats and has a vast amount of direct narrations narrated from him in Hadith.

It could be that Herrera is a Spanish derivation of Huraira during the reign of Islam in Spain. Beautiful name none the less

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Abu Huraira- Huraira is plural to cat in Arabic. I believe he was a well known owner of Cats and has a vast amount of direct narrations narrated from him in Hadith.

It could be that Herrera is a Spanish derivation of Huraira during the reign of Islam in Spain. Beautiful name none the less
    Yes.He was the narrator of the highest no of ahadis and was a well known lover of cats, hence the name. But i read a couple other posts where people were fascinated by the name and weren't sure if it had any Islamic or Pakistani origins.
    Very beautiful name indeed.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    For a 17-year old, he looked very accomplished.

Nice array of shots and looked confident.

Hopefully one for the future.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Still need a lot of time to improve. His real test will be under the scoreboard pressure. Let’s see how he fairs in the next match. It will be the real test of nerves. Will be fascinating to see how he deals with the overall a better bowling attack of India.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I think you want the finished product, He looks a good prospect.
    We have high standards for batsmen in India.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Some of his shots today.

Wow, just wow!

Cant wait to see him in the national team.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    The best here is Abdullah Shafique.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    The best here is Abdullah Shafique.
    Bruv.
    On what basis?
    Heís only played One first class match lol

Huraira and Haider have proven a lot more than Shafique

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    English speaking ability is important , as it shows he is going to school/college and education improves your self confidence and good for every player, there should not be two onion about it.
    But but Salman Butt was educated and spoke English very well...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Nephew of Shoaib Malik too apparently. Looked good; one to keep an eye on
    Huraira told Bazid not to mention that he is Malikís nephew until he scores big. The kid seems to be very level headed; good to see that.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    We have high standards for batsmen in India.

Then comment on Indian batsmen only...why talk about an inferior Pak U19 player who was making his debut and winning the match, while negating some really talented spinners from Afghanistan.

Key word here is U19, for that level he looks exceptional, we all remember what Rohit and Pujara looked like against some decent bowling in the 2006 final and where they went with a board that gave them full backing with money, resources, and lots of political pull. Indian batsmen are mostly good, it is the rest of the stuff that I mentioned which helps make them more successful rather than just being above and beyond every other basman out there

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huraira is probably the only u19 in our team who actually looks and talks his age. His voice is pretty high and the perfect tone for a 17 year old.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His name is Huraira Malik.

IMO, he shouldn't put Muhammad in front of his name. Huraira means kitten so it doesn't fit well.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    Would love to keep an eye on this guys development.

Look very very promising in the quarter-final against Afghan team
    Yes indeed. Looked pretty good against Afghanistan.

I think the other kid, Haider Ali, got a little unlucky to have gotten run out, otherwise he seemed to have a very good class too.

Haider played some lovely looking drives that were very pleasing to the eye; more like Babar Azamsque style.

Looking forward to see more of their innings in the future games.

But more importantly,
    I hope our board grooms them, unlike what we did with that lot of Pak U19 that beat India in 2006, where Anwar Ali bowled those banana inswingers.

From that same U19 Indian squad of 2006, India groomed Rohit Sharma, CA Pujara and Ravinder Jadeja. And look where they at now?

And from that same squad of world U19 champions, our youngsters went nowhere. Look where Anwar Ali, Sarfaraz, and Nasir Jamshed are now?
    I think except for Imad Wasim, all are forgotten.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Bruv.
    On what basis?
    He’s only played One first class match lol

Huraira and Haider have proven a lot more than Shafique
    he played 6 second xi games too

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    His name is Huraira Malik.

IMO, he shouldn't put Muhammad in front of his name. Huraira means kitten so it doesn't fit well.
    His name is Kittens Malik

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    His name is Kittens Malik
    Kittens King

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some of his shots are very elegant.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Lovely shot by Huraira !

Looking good!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Lovely shot by Huraira !

Looking good!
    Looked good but flustered maybe by the occasion?

Sushant Mishra dug it short, Huraira into a hurried pull and the top-edge - gone for 4(6)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I see a few have the 'parchi' knives out already

Reminder, these were his scores in domestic U19 one-day games recently:

77 (79)
    42 (45)
    162 (140)
    45 (74)
    16 (25)
    127 (117)
    130* (112)
    71* (97)
    9 (12)
    73 (63)

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched him for the first time today, looked pretty average, but not gonna judge based on one match.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Watched him for the first time today, looked pretty average, but not gonna judge based on one match.
    Donít think 6 balls is enough

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let him grow on these terms. You might not realize this but mentioning whatever relation he has to Shoaib Malik is going to be extremely detrimental to him if he ever ends up failing in an innings or two. It doesn’t take long for people to start claiming the “parchi” tag, and it’s not an easy one to get rid off or even deal with in the first place. Imam for example, regardless of whether he is parchi or not (not something I want to debate right now) had a very tough time with the tag and only recently did he admit openly in an interview how tough this was for him. Because whether he performs or not, his name is three letters away from Inzamam ul Haq and that will never go away.

I’m just glad Huraira’s last name isn’t Malik. And Babar’s last name isn’t Akmal.
    No one mentions Akmal with Babar because he came here on the basis of domestic performance while perchie came in to the team on the basis of???

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Ok anything else???

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Most unlucky cricketer in Pakistan!

Best u19 batsman in 2019. Wasn't given a single pro game in 2020. Not selected in ANY senior mens squad. Meanwhile Fahad Munir, Irfan Niazi(Misbah's relative) were picked and failed.

Huraira is quality!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Best u19 batsman in 2019. Wasn't given a single pro game in 2020. Not selected in ANY senior mens squad. Meanwhile Fahad Munir, Irfan Niazi(Misbah's relative) were picked and failed.

Huraira is quality!
    Pathetic that he's yet to debut. Fahad munir is one of the worst player i have seen.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Huraira is quality!
    With all due respect, both of them were kicked out of the first XI with a vengeance (not sure if Fahad got any opportunities more than second XI) and have been vanished from the one day cup. So after they were picked and failed, they were NOT persisted with which is fair - pretty much every main U19 cricket from the 2020 batch got such opportunities, except the Sindh folk (Aarish and Aamir).

Huraira had an excellent decision taken in his interest for him to play U19 cricket as captain since he was younger than the rest of the people in that U19 batch by a year. He got sustained backing and played all the games, both one day and three day, and got captaincy experience being the best batsman in the cup.

I fully expect Huraira to be promoted to the second XI soon. There has been no ďmost unlucky cricketer in PakistanĒ business over here, no need to cry wolf when his development is proceeding at a good pace.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    With all due respect, both of them were kicked out of the first XI with a vengeance (not sure if Fahad got any opportunities more than second XI) and have been vanished from the one day cup. So after they were picked and failed, they were NOT persisted with which is fair - pretty much every main U19 cricket from the 2020 batch got such opportunities, except the Sindh folk (Aarish and Aamir).

Huraira had an excellent decision taken in his interest for him to play U19 cricket as captain since he was younger than the rest of the people in that U19 batch by a year. He got sustained backing and played all the games, both one day and three day, and got captaincy experience being the best batsman in the cup.

I fully expect Huraira to be promoted to the second XI soon. There has been no “most unlucky cricketer in Pakistan” business over here, no need to cry wolf when his development is proceeding at a good pace.
    'taken in his interest'

if only you knew what is going on behind the scenes.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    'taken in his interest'

if only you knew what is going on behind the scenes.
    Enlighten me please, Iíd love to know, since I do genuinely appreciate heís getting to play a lot of cricket at the right levels. He got a full season of U19 cricket, that too as captain while also being selected by Mohammad Wasim for Northern as a support batsman if they needed to call him up, be it for the Second XI or the First XI.

Those massive runs under his belt and captaincy experience will be very beneficial for him when he moves quickly to the second XI and first XI over the course of this year.

So whatís the behind the scenes issue?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Century on his 2nd XI QAE debut representing Northern against SP.

105 off 120 balls with 17 4s.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Century on his 2nd XI QAE debut representing Northern against SP.

105 off 120 balls with 17 4s.
    That is some strike rate.