Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"PCB owes me 4-6 crore rupees" : Younis Khan

Comments from Younis Khan while speaking at an event recently:

"In terms of money, PCB owe me 4-6 crore rupees if you look back. But I have never demanded money, money is never an issue. It's destiny from Allah, you get what is destined for you so you should never run after money, I never ran after money.

"I have always been willing to work with PCB. I was one of the few players who retired and left, players rarely do that. I have 17-18 years of services for Pakistan and PCB.

"What happens that we can't come on board together, I don't even know. I played cricket so I want to help in the field of cricket. Why we don't come on board, perhaps PCB doesn't change or Younis Khan doesn't change.

"I don't think anyone in Pakistan would be so personal that he wouldn't want to work with Younis Khan. Even if I was a big critic of Younis Khan, I would like to still work with Younis Khan. What things are there with my demeanour or what is it with PCB that doesn't allow us to come on one page?

(Misbah) "Whenever we start a new thing specially in a country like Pakistan, we find it awkward. I hope the result is good. Pakistan team is coming on track, give Misbah-ul-Haq, PCB and Imran Khan some time and many things will change.

(Malik, Hafeez) "Even in our time, people would say that there shouldn't be seniors in the team, etc. I think that those players should be in the team who are fit and committed and wish to play for Pakistan, specially those who have services and match-winning performances.

(Babar) "Good decision to have a young captain for T20 format who is also a stay player. He has a chance to take his performances even higher and change Pakistan cricket.

"We talk about cricket coming back, since 3-4 we have cricket on and off. I believe that we should have these tours properly. Despite security concerns, etc., it's important to have big crowds and filled grounds where people are facilitated. It's not just that we should have the match, it will look bad if there is no crowd. Also, people living in the vicinity of grounds shouldn't be disturbed."

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As cringe worthy and non-sensical as always.

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the money owed from his playing days? I am not sure as never heard any ex player say this despite how outspoken some of them are on other issues.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    If he is owed money then he needs to be paid!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow! That's a pretty serious allegation even by ex-Pakistani players standards.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis Khan is a sherdil, both on and off the field.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 to 6 crore is quite ambiguous. It will be either close to 4 or close to 6.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Its not about the money. Its about the 'izzat'. 4-6 crore is pocket change for elite athlete like Younis Khan.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Its not about the money. Its about the 'izzat'. 4-6 crore is pocket change for elite athlete like Younis Khan.
    Pakistani cricketers don’t make jack lol I heard him say domestic players only get like 500 rupees per match
    Last edited by MenInG; 3rd February 2020 at 22:47.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The fact that he speaks in third person reveals quite a bit about his personality and ego.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis Khan : "I have never asked for money. Money comes from Allah. Money is not an issue."

Also Younis Khan : "The PCB owes me 4-6 crores."

The way he speaks about himself in the 3rd person makes me cringe so hard.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    The fact that he speaks in third person reveals quite a bit about his personality and ego.
    Yes, it does.

PCB is too professional right now under Mani/WK to be working with YK.

He needs to be kept away.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Toronto-Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have heard a lot of ex-players say many things about PCB. None of them has ever complained about money. I'll take this with a grain of salt as with many thing coming from Younis for the last 7-8 years.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did he give 6 crore as a loan to PCB?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Note he's not said why PCB owes him the money and for what?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can never decode Younis Khan! One of the most enigmatic characters to have played for Pak!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younus Khan should be given a domestic team to coach

Pakistan fan from Bangladesh.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Thing is these are legal issues - either there is a contract, or there isnt!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    Pakistani cricketers don’t make jack lol I heard him say domestic players only get like 500 rupees per match
    He drives a 2018 model Land Cruiser. That alone is around 3 crore.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Pakistani international cricketers live like kings in Pakistan, including the ones who didn’t play or don’t play league cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    So he doesn't want the money, but wanted to say they owe him the money.

Strange, even by YK's standards.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    He drives a 2018 model Land Cruiser. That alone is around 3 crore.
    Man, that's well expensive, that's roughly £150k in the UK. Even a top of the range Range Rover is much cheaper here (less than half) not to mention the equivalent BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche etc SUV models.

You could get yourself a proper supercar for that kind of money.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Man, that's well expensive, that's roughly £150k in the UK. Even a top of the range Range Rover is much cheaper here (less than half) not to mention the equivalent BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche etc SUV models.

No they don't. They cost more like £50k.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    No they don't. They cost more like £50k.
    I know, I was saying that 3 crore is 150k in the UK, not the actual value of the car which you're right starts at £50k here.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know, I was saying that 3 crore is 150k in the UK, not the actual value of the car which you're right starts at £50k here.
    Damn tax must be a bad in Pakistan for purchasing cars.
    Last edited by MenInG; 4th February 2020 at 10:56.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I dont trust YK for one second of my life.

What the hell is 4-6 crore rupees? Either it should be 4 crores or 6 crores. Its not like peanuts where you can call it 4-6.

Damn YK, dont spoil your tiny legacy in tests by making these joke comments every other day!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rixon highlighted that one of the reasons for leaving was not being paid on time - just one of many discrepancies in the PCBs history, which in the past 10 years have become painfully obvious as other boards have moved forward.

It’s not a coincidence that many ex players, great and not so good, have had swipes at the board - it might not sound nice to hear but there’s truth to it.

Rixon improved our fielding and was mistreated, perhaps the only time I have known Pakistan to actually step up coaching in one of the three facets of the game.

Those of our batsmen that have shown class, have done so in-spite of the setup.

Bowling fortunately has always been our passion....now we have an exciting quartet of quicks, interesting to see if the new look PCB can improve them...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Damn tax must be a bad in Pakistan for purchasing cars.
    That and I think Land Cruisers are seen as a status symbol of the rich in Pakistan so I guess their price goes sky high because of it to maintain exclusivity. YK will feel right at home.

Normal everyday car prices are probably comparable to world market.
    Last edited by MenInG; 4th February 2020 at 10:56.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why he speak as in third person for himself.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This guy is becoming next Miandad. PCB should stay far away from him.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredFromLifeXi View Post
    It's befitting of his legendary status... well in his mind anyway.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredFromLifeXi View Post
    He always does.

Very strange.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    YK is suffering from some sort of personality disorder from that third person thing, think it's called illeism.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    exactly .... was wondering about that .... strange interview and mindset of YK ..... shows a muddled and egotistical mind ...... and folks want him coaching the u19s???? you need a calm sensible guide to coach young kids
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 5th February 2020 at 11:15.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    It's 5!!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol so YK owes the FBR taxes? If he wasn't paid the amount he may not have declared it on his tax return

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Essex
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top of the range RR is £160k - SV Autobiography - basic Vogue is £90k

Porsche Cayenne Turbo - £160k

Meredes G63 - £150k

In terms of supercars, a new Aventador is £300k+, as is a Mclaren 650s etc

#justsaying

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Is it unpaid bonuses, unpaid match fees, unpaid sponsorship monies?

Very strange that he's not disclosed what this money is for.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very curious why is he revealing this now. The dues quite possibly must be from his playing days and not sure why he is disclosing it now after all this time. As well, hope he's kept his receipts, invoices, agreements etc. It is not insignificant amount of money and is serious breach of contract ion PCB's part f it indeed true. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis seems to have some sort of a grudge with the PCB.

I'm sure the PCB wronged him on multiple occasions. We can all agree that he was treated poorly during the Ijaz Butt regime, in a way that was not in the best interests of Pakistan Cricket. But he seems to have some kind of a strange vindictive grudge with the PCB. Certainly doesnt miss a chance to voice his displeasure on TV. He also has a history of issues with the board and I think Younis's own temperamental character and ego shares some of the blame aswell.

These kind of statements serve absolutely no purpose. If you're really blaming the PCB of something so serious, gather the evidence and approach them legally. Making arbitrary and essentially public statements makes it seem like he's just badmouthing the PCB without having the seriousness to prove misconduct.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 7th February 2020 at 03:10.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is unprofessional from the PCB, they should pay up to Younus and they should pay whatever they owe him + interest + late penalities, that's how we do it in the developed world.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YK and MOYO are two very strange individuals.
    I just view them as sour excricketers. How they co-existed in the same team I have no idea.
    Last edited by adzzy786; 7th February 2020 at 05:01.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Legendary Pakistani cricketer Younis Khan has launched another tirade against the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) by lashing out at the apex cricket board in the aftermath of the U-19 team's World Cup exit at the hands of bitter rivals India on Friday. Defending champions India stamped their authority on arch-rivals Pakistan in the first semi-final of the ongoing ICC Under-19 World Cup hosted by South Africa.

The Priyam Garg-led side made a mockery out of the Pakistani bowlers as the mouthwatering semi-final clash between the two former champions was turned into a mere child's play. Indian opener Yashasvi Jaiswal scored a match-winning century and the premier batsman was supported by Divyansh Saxena, who played a perfect second fiddle in India's 10-wicket win over Pakistan at the Senwes Park in Potchefstroom on Tuesday.

Pinning the blame of the heavy defeat on the apex board, Younis slammed PCB and said that Ehsan Mani-led central industry for cricket in Pakistan is clueless in terms of what needs to be done for the betterment of younger generations. Hailed as one of the best middle-order batsmen Pakistan ever produced in the longest format, Khan also lauded the U-19 Indian side for outplaying arch-rivals Pakistan in the penultimate clash of the South Africa spectacle.

'PCB has no clue what needs to be done'

“We need to improve Pakistan’s cricket infrastructure. PCB has no clue what needs to be done. We need to provide safety and gain the confidence of the new generation. Pakistan’s defeat at the hands of India in the Under-19 (U19) Cricket World Cup was saddening. I believe that the rival team played with maturity and confidence,” Khan said.

“Pakistan’s young cricketers need to be trained to be better-rounded rather than just working on their skills. India’s success was because of their confidence. Our rising stars should be given more chances to play abroad and their encounters should be televised,” he added.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...i-final/550703

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    This is unprofessional from the PCB, they should pay up to Younus and they should pay whatever they owe him + interest + late penalities, that's how we do it in the developed world.
    The problem is that PCB and Younis have the same amount of credibility - zero.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    More quotes from YK.

"Fawad Alam has a been a consistent performer over the recent past, he should get a chance. When you don't pick players who are performing in FC cricket and appreciate them, how do you justify that? Any player, whether he is 19 or 39, if he is fit and performing and he is committed then he should get a chance for his national team.

"This shouldn't have happened with Sarfaraz. OK, PCB had some problems with his captaincy but he should have been retained as a player. In T20Is, we are #1 but still, Sarfaraz should have at least been in that team. According to me, he should be in all the teams. OK, PCB doesn't like his captaincy or he wasn't delivering, but he should have been kept as a player. This sends out a poor message that one day you have a player as a captain and the next day the player is completely out of the team."

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Younis has lost it

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YK gets a lot of hate and some of it well deserved.
    However what he says here is absolutely spot on,

“Pakistan’s young cricketers need to be trained to be better-rounded rather than just working on their skills".

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ‘PCB is clueless’ – Younis Khan agitated after Pakistan’s loss to India in the U19 World Cup

Khan said that the board should focus on increasing the confidence of the young generation.

Younis Khan, the former Pakistan batsman, has severely hit out at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for their clueless approach towards the country’s cricket structure.

Khan’s nasty words came after Pakistan’s humiliating 10-wicket defeat at the hands of India in the semi-final of the U19 World Cup.Yashasvi Jaiswals century turned out to be too hot to handle for the Boys in Green.

Even as Priyam Garg’s India would be playing in the final against Bangladesh on Sunday at the Senwes Park, Pakistan will be vying for the third spot in their clash with New Zealand.

Khan wasn’t a happy man after Rohail Nazir and Co’s defeat and reckons that the PCB should focus on increasing the confidence of the new generation.

India’s success was because of their confidence: Younis Khan

“We need to improve Pakistan’s cricket infrastructure. PCB has no clue what needs to be done. We need to provide safety and gain the confidence of the new generation.

Pakistan’s defeat at the hands of India in the Under-19 (U19) Cricket World Cup was saddening. I believe that the rival team played with maturity and confidence,” Khan was quoted as saying in Times Now.

Khan stated that India won owing to their high level of confidence. “Pakistan’s young cricketers need to be trained to be better-rounded rather than just working on their skills. India’s success was because of their confidence. Our rising stars should be given more chances to play abroad and their encounters should be televised,” he added.

Earlier, Shoaib Akhtar, popularly known as the Rawalpindi Express, sounded disappointed as well by the junior team’s performance in the World Cup.

The retired speedster put forth how Rahul Dravid’s appointment as the U19 coach has worked wonders for cricket in India. Also, he said that PCB needs to pay their coaches well rather than bargaining for petty amounts.

As far as the game is concerned, Pakistan were bundled out for 172 in 43.1 overs. Barring Haider Ali’s 56 and skipper Rohail Nazir’s 62, there wasn’t much to talk about their batting.

India chased the target down in 35.2 overs. Apart from Jaiswal’s ton, Divyansh Saxena also chipped in with 59 off 99.

https://www.crictracker.com/pcb-is-c...u19-world-cup/

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis Khan and other players playing for Pakistan make a LOT of money for Pakistani standards. its just they are too greedy and have 0 self respect or any common sense.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We all know the PCB is highly incompetent, but its poor form from YK to go about making these accusations in public.

Very unprofessional of him but everything about Pakistan cricket standards is so low at the moment.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    799 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    If he is owed money then he needs to be paid!
    not really.

I think there is something in the law which states that if money is owed to you, than you are required to request that money back if you dont get it back than you may take it to court.

If you decide to ignore the money owed to you, after some time period you just cant ask for it.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    More questions:

Has he asked PCB for the money?
    Have his lawyers asked for the money?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical of dumb Pakistani fans to have an issue with this. The fact is Younis was seriously discriminated against and mistreated. Just because he won’t let it slide he’s the culprit? Wth. Pakistanis have the dumbest logic and it all stems from their lack of education and understanding of how the real world works.