Should Manchester United sell Paul Pogba?

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Manchester United sell Paul Pogba?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he should be sold as soon as possible

4 66.67%
  • No, he is too good a player to let go

2 33.33%
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Should Manchester United sell Paul Pogba?

Seems to be a situation where no one wants to take that hard decision but is it time to let him go? Or to hold on for better times?

What should Manchester United do?

===

Former Tottenham striker Darren Bent has leapt to the defence of Paul Pogba, insisting he is the ‘scapegoat for absolutely everything’ at Manchester United.

Pogba has made only eight appearances for United this season owing to an ankle injury, with a summer departure looking increasingly likely after club hierarchy reportedly dropped their asking price for the midfielder.

There remains a huge question mark over Pogba’s long-term future at Manchester United

When he rejoined United from Juventus in August 2016 he was the then world record £89m buy, but Pogba’s second spell has had more low points than high ones.

With that said, Bent believes he is blamed for everything going wrong at Old Trafford, and insists he’ll have no problem getting another club.

“At times you have to feel a bit sorry for him. He’s the scapegoat for absolutely everything [at Manchester United],” he told talkSPORT.

“Even when he’s not playing people blame him and they’re always talking about him.

“I don’t think sometimes the social media aspect helps him. When he says he’s ill and then he’s at his brother’s wedding dancing around – evidently that rubs people up the wrong way.

“But when you talk about Manchester United selling him, I think there’s going to be a whole host of teams lining up to get him.

“I know people are saying they’re going to have to take a loss on him, but I can see him going pretty much anywhere he wants – certain teams in the Premier League by the way.”

Such is the regard Bent holds Pogba in, he is convinced that both Manchester City and Liverpool would be interested in signing the World Cup winner in the summer.

“When someone like a Paul Pogba comes available on the market, and let’s not forget he’s only 26, there’s going to be so many takers,” he explained.

“It wouldn’t surprise me if teams like Manchester City come in for him. I can see him getting in Liverpool’s team, too.

Darren Bent believes Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp would both be interested in signing Pogba

“If he’s on top, top form he can get in most teams in the world.”

He added: “One thing you can’t question about Pogba is his quality. I’ve heard people call him an average footballer and that is complete nonsense. He is a top footballer.

“When Ole Gunnar Solskjaer came in there was a run of 11 games which got Pogba in the PFA Team of the Year.

“That’s probably his only consistent period in a Manchester United shirt. We saw then the levels he can go too.”

Bent concedes that it is in the benefit of all parties concerned that Pogba goes in the summer, hinting that people will have to find another scapegoat should the outspoken midfielder depart.

“Is it a headache that Manchester United are tired of hearing about? He’s been injured for the longest period of time, but yet we’re still talking about him,” he concluded.

“Because he’s not even on the pitch and we’re still talking about him, I wonder maybe if it is best if they part their separate ways.

“Then everyone can solely focus on Manchester United football club – rather than looking for a scapegoat, which is Paul Pogba, for everything that has gone wrong in recent years.”

https://talksport.com/football/66665...ool-move-bent/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's no doubting his talent and ability. On his day he is world class. However it is clearly evident that his heart isn't in it. He wanted to leave last summer and I think he will definitely be leaving this summer and most likely to link up with Zidane at RM.

On that basis he definitely should be sold this summer.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be sold, had the talent to match Ronaldo and Messi but the brain of Balotelli,

He got jose sacked and should of fixed himself but doesnt mend his ways now ole is also facing the sack because of him, dressing room doesnt want him in there either and nor does the staff, should have been sold in the summer so we could have got bruno and another CM but wasted time like Woodward always does,

This is what i wrote in the other thread:

You can tell when someone doesn't watch football, Pogba plays in the same position and system for both club and country, he can only operate in deep MF position because an attacking system and position is to demanding for him, he doesn't have the work ethic nor the energy to press intensively - its not he hasn't been tried there both jose and ole did but he ends up moving back to a deep MF position as he just wants to sit in a small area and hit hollywood passes to impress the kids, why do you think he plays for France in the same position as MU?

Pogba is probably the most talented player at the level of Ronaldo and Messi yet destoyed his career because he has the mind of a 12 year old.

To understand his problem you just need to see his social media posts and realise hes a kid in a mans body.

He doesnt have the attitude to be a professional, Its why Ibra called him a clown in MU's dressing room, Jose called him a virus. Hes wasted his talents and potential - having the worse agent in sports isnt helping his case either.

Watching him a in MUs academy 10 years ago and seeing him like this today, makes me disgusted - what a wasted opportunity.

Mctominay has about 30% of Pogbas talent and potential, yet when ever they have played along side each other, Mctominay has outshined and outclassed Pogba in every department - it tells you alot about him.

Now we have some clueless fans thinking hes the reason why ole has a job. LOLz Jose got sacked because of him and ole is facing a sack because of him again,
    We have a clown in charge otherwise we could have sold Pogba for £120m in summer got bruno earlier and another CM and not had this problem, now the dressing room doesnt even want him in there. yet we have some clueless people backing him still.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    He should be sold, had the talent to match Ronaldo and Messi but the brain of Balotelli,

He got jose sacked and should of fixed himself but doesnt mend his ways now ole is also facing the sack because of him, dressing room doesnt want him in there either and nor does the staff, should have been sold in the summer so we could have got bruno and another CM but wasted time like Woodward always does,

This is what i wrote in the other thread:
    How is Pogba getting Ole the sack? He has only played 7 or 8 matches this season. He has no influence when the team has played the rest of the matches and performed poorly.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If I was a Man Utd fan I would want Pogba to stay. Utd will have a new manager soon enough and Pogba may be back to his best for a club.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Yes, Pogba should be sold. I hope for his own sake, he is sold. He is a world class talent who deserves to be playing in a world class team full of world class players, under a world class manager. Not some mid table club that has bang average players and is managed by a League 2 standard manager. He deserves better than that.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    How is Pogba getting Ole the sack? He has only played 7 or 8 matches this season. He has no influence when the team has played the rest of the matches and performed poorly.
    Because he shouldve been playing.

If I was a Man Utd fan I would want Pogba to stay. Utd will have a new manager soon enough and Pogba may be back to his best for a club.
    What makes you think he has any issue with Ole? He doesnt, he has had issues with every manager,

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Because he shouldve been playing.
    Why isn't he?

What makes you think he has any issue with Ole? He doesnt, he has had issues with every manager,
    Not personal issue but Ole is not a top manager, he has won nothing and will be sacked by summer. Great players like Pogba need great mangers.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    They should. He cannot play in the same team as Bruno Fernandes.

Bruno might not be at the same level as Pogba in terms of raw talent, but he is a brilliant player with a far superior work ethic who will perform more consistently and produce better numbers. Not to mention, he doesn’t bring the baggage that a prima donna like Pogba does.

Man United have struck gold with his signing, and if he doesn’t improve the team then they are simply cursed.

Pogba needs to learn to play with discipline. He can easily be the best B2B midfielder in the world if he gets his head in the game.

Perhaps Zidane would be the right man to get the best out of him. He deeply respects him, and although Zidane much of a tactician, he has a tremendous ability of motivating his players.

Anyway, Pogba’s time is up at Man United. Both him and the club need a fresh start.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why isn't he?
    His agent says hes injured

Not personal issue but Ole is not a top manager, he has won nothing and will be sacked by summer. Great players like Pogba need great mangers.
    He wasn't satisfied playing under the greatest manager, so he left and then became delusion under one of the most successful Serie A managers, so he came back to play under the most successful manager of the decade and again wasn't satisfied - so where is this heading? Its not about the manager, he doesn't give it his all, he's slack, careless and undisciplined.

If one week he puts in a world class performance, the next week he will completely disappear costing you goals by being careless at the back.

He needs a psychologist and having riolo isnt helping his case.
    Last edited by PetroDollars; 8th February 2020 at 02:51.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What does Ole and the club say?

He wasn't satisfied playing under the greatest manager, so he left and then became delusion under one of the most successful Serie A managers, so he came back to play under the most successful manager of the decade and again wasn't satisfied - so where is this heading? Its not about the manager, he doesn't give it his all, he's slack, careless and undisciplined.

If one week he puts in a world class performance, the next week he will completely disappear costing you goals by being careless at the back.

Of course he has been below par but he was Utd when he was playing brilliantly for France helping them to win the world cup.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

You keep defending your hero Ole who isn't even a Championship standard manager. The fact is if it weren't for Pogba scoring or assisting a goal in pretty much every single game during Ole's run as temporary manager, he wouldn't have got the job in the first place. Fact is that Ole is in a job right now, because of Pogba and I don't care if you call me delusional, because those are facts.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They should sell him . It's difficult to build a team around him due to his inconsistency and he is reliant on having a system and elite players around him. He would do better at Real Madrid or PSG. If United could sell him they could get another CM and right winger which improve their team and overall balance.

Pogba is a brilliant footballer but honestly going to Manchester United was the wrong fit for him. United didn't sign the right quality around him and he had his own issues with system and managers.

Best for all parties if they split.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As an Arsenal fan I naturally voted “No”

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does Ole and the club say?

Of course he has been below par but he was Utd when he was playing brilliantly for France helping them to win the world cup.
    Ole and club have said ' pogbas team has assessed him and claim his injured'

Hes played brilliant for MU too but in patches, hes to moody, doesnt have the attitude to succeed, creates rifts and destroys harmony in the dressing, his time at OT seems to have come to an end and by not selling him we are just wasting time, when we could be getting replacments and rebuilding.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    You keep defending your hero Ole who isn't even a Championship standard manager. The fact is if it weren't for Pogba scoring or assisting a goal in pretty much every single game during Ole's run as temporary manager, he wouldn't have got the job in the first place. Fact is that Ole is in a job right now, because of Pogba and I don't care if you call me delusional, because those are facts.
    Ofcourse your delusional because you seem to back people only to turn against them after a couple bad games, therefore your defending pogba only because hes not in the team.

Saying a manager needs some time or giving him a deadline is hardly making him a hero, you seem to be an impatient person who doesnt even watch football, which you claim yourself and want a manager to come in and win the league in his first season, which is delusional, you can call these facts too.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Manchester United need a Pogba who is fit - not just his name!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Paul Pogba faces battle to get fit again

Paul Pogba faces a challenge just to get fit again, according to Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Pogba's season has been wrecked by two ankle injuries that have restricted him to eight games for United.

The 26-year-old has played only twice since September and is still only at the treadmill phase of his comeback.

"Paul knows he has to work hard to get back to his best," said Solskjaer. "He has been out now for so long now, it's a challenge to get back into shape."

Pogba's controversial agent Mino Raiola says he has spoken to Juventus about the midfielder returning to Turin in the summer, four years after his departure for United in a then-record £89m deal.

Asked whether he could state "categorically" that Pogba will play for United again, Solskjaer avoided giving a straight answer.

"Well of course, I'd like to say that as soon as he gets fit, he'll be good enough to play for the team. I'm sure Paul's desperate to play for us again," said the Norwegian.

Unlike Scott McTominay and Axel Tuanzebe, who, like Pogba, are recovering from injury and not fit enough to be involved in Monday night's Premier League encounter with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, the France international was not part of the United group that spent the winter break at a training camp in Marbella.

Solskjaer confirmed Pogba was given permission to "do his recovery somewhere else".

"I don't have to justify every decision," he said. "Paul is still on his recovery programme. He's taken off his cast and started running on the treadmill now, so he's getting closer. It's been a long haul. Hopefully we'll see him back soon."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51524069

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like i predicted before, MU will find it extremely difficult to offload Pogba at £150m and having made there stance quite clear they will not let him go on the cheap.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Pogba lacking Roy Keane factor at Manchester United, says Teddy Sheringham

Paul Pogba lacks the Roy Keane factor Manchester United so desperately crave and a replacement with the right mentality and desire must be signed, says Teddy Sheringham.

Former United striker Sheringham appeared on Tuesday's edition of The Football Show to mark the 21st anniversary of the club's Treble-clinching Champions League final victory in 1999.

France international Pogba continues to attract criticism for his performances at Old Trafford and Sheringham says his mentality is holding United back.

"People mention top players and captains," Sheringham told Sky Sports. "When things weren't going right in our time, Roy Keane put things right. He would drive our team on, he would dig deep and make sure we had a say in every game we played in because of his desire.

"When you look at Pogba, yes, he may be a talented boy, but does he have the same mentality? Does he really dig deep and get Manchester United out of the mire when the going gets tough? For me the answer is no.

"He gives off the wrong vibe as a Manchester United player. Yes, it's good to be cocky and arrogant at the right times, Dwight Yorke had that as well, a big smile on his face when he played. But Yorke had a desire to do the right things at the right times. You've got to have that, and I don't think Paul Pogba gives you that.

"He would be one that would need to go so that you can get someone in with the right mentality and desire to drive Manchester United out of the position they are in."

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ddy-sheringham

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Man Utd are hopeful of tying Paul Pogba down to new long-term contract

‘Of course we want to keep our best players around the club,’ says manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of the in-form Frenchman

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Paul Pogba is reportedly close to agreeing a new five-year deal with Manchester United.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Pogba will not be sold this summer - Mino Raiola

Paul Pogba will not be sold by Manchester United this summer and new contract discussions will start soon, says the France midfielder's agent.

The 27-year-old - an £89m signing from Juventus in 2016 - suffered from injuries last season but impressed in patches on his return as United finished third in the Premier League.

His agent Mino Raiola said: "United will not accept any bid this summer.

"We're going to speak about a new contract soon, no stress."

Raiola also told Sky Sports: "He is key player for Man Utd. They've an important project and he's 100% included."

Pogba, whose deal runs until next summer, made only eight appearances in all competitions before English football was suspended in mid-March because of the coronavirus pandemic.

After recovering from his ankle injury, the World Cup winner played 14 games following the resumption and helped United reach the last four of the FA Cup and Europa League and qualify for next season's Champions League.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53884334

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    At a discount to Villa

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    France midfielder Paul Pogba, 27, retains the support of the Manchester United dressing room despite expressing his desire to play for Real Madrid. (Manchester Evening News)

Barcelona are preparing a double swoop for Pogba and Bayern Munich's Austria midfielder David Alaba, 28. (Mundo Deportivo)

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manchester United and France midfielder Paul Pogba, 27, wants to join Barcelona on a free transfer next summer. (Mundo Deportivo)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Manchester United have triggered the one-year option on Paul Pogba's contract, extending the midfielder's deal until 2022.

The 27-year-old France World Cup winner would have been out of contract at the end of this season.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The papers say Man Utd will sell Paul Pogba in the summer after accepting that he won't sign a new contract.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paris St-Germain have opened initial discussions to gauge Paul Pogba's interest in joining them from Manchester United either this summer or next, when the France midfielder, 28, is available for free. (Athletic)

United are readying themselves for an offer from PSG and will want around £45m for Pogba. (Eurosport)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real question is does anyone want such an overpriced and average player? Unless his current club are willing to drastically cut their losses no one will even touch him with a bar pole. Like McGuire he is just another over priced flop they signed.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insisted talks between the club and Paul Pogba over a new deal are ongoing, while admitting Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane could play some part against Southampton on Sunday.

Pogba, on the back of an impressive Euro 2020 with France, has started the new Premier League season in fine form, registering an incredible four assists in United's opening day win over Leeds at Old Trafford last weekend.

But the 28-year-old's future remains uncertain, with Pogba yet to sign a new contract, with his current deal due to expire next summer.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona are unlikely to pursue Manchester United's Paul Pogba when the France midfielder's contract ends next summer as the Spanish club cannot afford the 28-year-old's wages. (AS)

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manchester United: Ralf Rangnick will not try to convince Paul Pogba to sign a new deal

Interim boss Ralf Rangnick says he will not try to convince midfielder Paul Pogba to stay at Manchester United if he has made up his mind to leave.

Pogba, 28, re-joined United in a then-world record £89m transfer from Juventus in 2016.

However, the French World Cup winner is out of contract next summer and free to speak to other clubs in January.

"I wouldn't say he is not worth keeping but players need to want to stay and play for the club," said Rangnick.

"If a player doesn't want to play for a club like Manchester United, even in the long term, I don't think it makes sense to convince him to change his mind.

"This is such a massive club, with fantastic support, I don't think anyone at the club should try to convince a player to stay.

"Let's have him come back, get fully fit and training with the team, then we will see where we stand."

Pogba has been sidelined for United's last seven matches after sustaining a thigh injury on international duty with France.

And while there have been sporadic moments of brilliance in the five years since his return to Old Trafford, he has generally underwhelmed, with former managers Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer both dropping him at times and struggling to find him a settled position.

Rangnick, who is still assessing his squad after taking the helm less than two weeks ago, has his own ideas about that and where Pogba's immediate focus should lie.

"I have to get to know him. I have to speak to him. It is about being fully physically fit. The way we want to play is high intensity," the German added.

"It will take some time for him to get fully fit. Once he is fully fit, I see him as a midfielder rather than a striker or a left winger.

"The only thing of interest to me is how do we get him fully fit.

"He can be an important player, I am fully aware of that. But that is true for all the players. I am not only the coach of Paul Pogba. I am also the coach of all the other players."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59615527

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Pogba: Man Utd midfielder out for at least another month, says Ralf Rangnick

Manchester United's Paul Pogba is not expected to return from his groin injury for at least another month, says interim manager Ralf Rangnick.

The midfielder, who has played 13 games this season, suffered the injury while training with France in November.

"A week ago, I was told it would take another four or five weeks," said Rangnick on Friday.

Pogba, 28, is out of contract at United in June, and is able to sign pre-contract terms with overseas clubs.

Rangnick added: "He's not training with the team yet. As far as I know from the medical department, it will last another three weeks, four weeks, and once he is then fit for training it does not necessarily mean he is also match fit.

"It will probably take a couple of weeks before he is really able to compete for the first team."

United, who are seventh in the Premier League, face Atletico Madrid in the first leg of their last-16 Champions League tie on 23 February.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59921294

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Pogba: Manchester United midfielder can use return to put himself in shop window, says Ralf Rangnick

Ralf Rangnick says Paul Pogba will be determined to return to form for Manchester United, even if his motivation is to earn a new deal elsewhere.

Having left for Juventus in 2012 and rejoined for a then world-record fee four years later, the midfielder will again be leaving Old Trafford this summer unless he signs an extended contract.

Pogba has not been offered a new contract since last summer and is still deciding whether to extend his stay at United.

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly started talks about a summer switch with the France international, who returned to training on Monday for the first time since sustaining a thigh injury in November.

Rangnick hopes to have him back for the FA Cup tie against Middlesbrough in early February and was impressed by his "extraordinary" first session, with the interim boss unconcerned by any suggestion his heart would not be in it.

Asked if there was any point playing Pogba given his United contract expiring and the club are looking to the future, Rangnick said: "Yes, of course.

"I also played Nemanja Matic now in the last games and his contract is also expiring. By the way, my contract as a manager is also expiring in the summer.

"So, for us, we have the same goal, we have the same ambition to be as successful as we can possibly be in the next three or four months.

"For me, it's not a question if a player has an expiring contract. The question is how much does he still want to be a part of this group? How much does he still feel emotionally and physically on board?

"And as long as this is the case, why shouldn't Paul Pogba now after two and half months of injury, being fully fit again now and he also wants to show up?

"He wants to show the fans of Manchester United, the board, the whole world what kind of player he can be, and even if it's for only showing up for a new contract elsewhere, I mean, he will be highly motivated to do that. Why should I then not play him?

"But then, as I said, there is a difference of how do players deal with their current situation? How do they handle that?

"If they handle that in a professional way, in an ambitious way, of course I can and I will play players although they have a contract expiring in the summer."

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-ralf-rangnick

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Pogba's home burgled with children inside during Manchester United's Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid

Paul Pogba's home was burgled with his children asleep inside during Manchester United's Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid on Tuesday night.

The midfielder, who was subbed on in the second half of his side's 1-0 loss at Old Trafford, which saw United knocked out of the competition 2-1 on aggregate, revealed the news on Twitter.

He said in the post that while his wife Maria Zulay Salaues was watching him play in the stadium, their two children were in the home when the intruders broke in.

"Last night our family's worst nightmare was realized when our home was broken into and burglarized while our babies were sleeping in their bedroom.

"The burglars were in our home for less than five minutes but in that time they took from us something more valuable than anything we had in our home... our sense of safety and security.

"This occurred during the final minutes of last night's match when they knew that we would not be home. My wife and I rushed home not knowing if our children were safe and unharmed. As a father there is no feeling worse in this world than not being there to protect your children and I sincerely hope that no one ever has to feel what I felt last night.

"It is for this reason that I would like to offer a reward for anyone who has a clue to help us. Please send any info to rewardpogba@gmail.com."

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...tletico-madrid

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Pogba: Two Premier League clubs in touch with Man Utd midfielder as contract runs down

Paul Pogba is attracting plenty of interest with his contract at Manchester United winding down this summer, with Premier League clubs among those keen on his services.

A number of European clubs - including Real Madrid, PSG and Juventus - remain in contact with the France international's representatives about signing the midfielder on a free transfer this summer.

Sky Sports News understands no official offers have be made yet, but two Premier League clubs have also been in touch with Pogba's camp.

The 29-year-old has not ruled out staying at Old Trafford - but there has been no new contract offer since last summer.

The identity of the next manager will be one of the factors Pogba will take into consideration before making a final decision in the summer.

Pogba has previously said: "Whether it's with Manchester or another club, I want to win trophies."

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ract-runs-down

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paris St-Germain have made an offer to France midfielder Paul Pogba, 29, as he enters the final months of his Manchester United contract - but the Ligue 1 club have offered less money than United. (MEN)

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manchester United's Paul Pogba, 29, favours a return to Juventus over moving to Paris St-Germain when his deal expires this summer, but the Italian side have doubts over the transfer because of the France midfielder's wage demands and age. (Tuttosport)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Ralf Rangnick insists it is not right to target individuals after Paul Pogba was booed off the pitch by some Manchester United supporters during Saturday's 3-2 win over Norwich in the Premier League.

Pogba, whose United contract runs out at the end of the season, returned to the starting line-up but struggled to make an impact against the Premier League's bottom side and was replaced by Juan Mata in the 74th minute with the score at 2-2.

The United midfielder was then jeered as he made his way off the pitch before cupping his ears to a particularly critical corner as he went down the tunnel at full-time.
    Although Rangnick admits he did not hear the boos from a section of disgruntled supporters, he insists he does not agree with their actions.

"I didn't hear it myself, to be honest," Rangnick said. "But we were talking about it with my staff in my office in the locker room.

"I can understand if that the fans are frustrated and disappointed - so are we. Things have stayed, as far as I know, peaceful all the time.
    "I don't think it makes sense to take on and to target any individual person or players because it's a collective responsibility.
    "Even if you look into the past, for me it doesn't make sense and this is why I will always defend and protect my players."

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can’t see a scenario where Pogba stays beyond July.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Pogba likely to leave Man Utd this summer with representatives in talks with Real Madrid and Juventus

Paul Pogba is increasingly likely to leave Manchester United when his contract expires at the end of the season and is understood to be hurt by the reaction of supporters who booed him at Old Trafford last week.

Pogba was jeered by United fans when he was substituted during their 3-2 win over Norwich, after which interim manager Ralf Rangnick said: "I don't think it makes sense to take on and to target any individual person or players."

Several clubs, including Real Madrid and Juventus, are in talks with Pogba's representatives over signing him on a free transfer in the summer.

The France international has also not ruled out remaining in the Premier League.

Pogba was also substituted during United's 4-0 hammering at the hands of Liverpool on Tuesday after suffering a calf injury during the first 10 minutes of the game at Anfield.

The 29-year-old will be assessed by United's medical staff to determine the extent of the injury.

In commentary, Gary Neville said it could be the last time Pogba is seen in a United shirt, with the team having only five games remaining as they bid to secure a top-four finish in the Premier League.

Pogba first joined United from Le Havre as a teenager in 2009 but ran down his contract before he had broken into the first team in order to join Juventus.

The midfielder rejoined United from the Italian club for a then-world record fee in 2016 and won the League Cup and the Europa League during his first season back at Old Trafford.

But while he has lifted the World Cup and Nations League with France since then, further silverware at club level has failed to materialise.

Pogba previously appeared close to a United exit towards the end of Jose Mourinho's spell as manager after their relationship deteriorated.

Mourinho prevented Pogba from captaining the club, while the pair were also filmed having a confrontation during training.

However, Mourinho was sacked just months later and Pogba was reintegrated into the squad by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Injury has limited Pogba to just 21 starts in all competitions this season, and he and the club will end the season empty-handed again.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...d-and-juventus

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The guy’s mentality as a United player is shot to pieces and beyond repair. When he went off in the first ten minutes last night with an apparent injury, he looked totally vacant and absent, and he remained in this stupor for the remainder of the match whilst sat on the bench “watching”. He needs to move on.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Paul Pogba is "unlikely" to play for Manchester United again this season, says interim manager Ralf Rangnick.

The France midfielder, 29, is out of contract this summer and came off 10 minutes into Tuesday's 4-0 defeat by Liverpool with a calf injury.

Pogba is set to be out "four weeks minimum", with United's last game of the season at Crystal Palace on 22 May.

"It is very unlikely he will play again until the end of the season," said Rangnick.

Asked if Pogba has played his final game for the club, the German replied: "The doctor told me it will take four weeks minimum for him to recover and the last game is the end of May.

"I don't think that it is very likely that he will be able to play again."

Pogba came through United's academy before joining Juventus in 2012 and returned to Old Trafford for a world-record fee of £89m in 2016.

In his second spell with the club, the 2018 World Cup winner has scored 39 goals in 226 appearances, helping them win the League Cup and Europa League in 2017.

United have five Premier League games left, beginning with Saturday's trip to Arsenal, when Cristiano Ronaldo, Raphael Varane and Scott McTominay are likely to return.

Portugal forward Ronaldo, 37, scored a hat-trick in last Saturday's 3-2 win over Norwich but missed Tuesday's game at Liverpool following the death of his baby boy.

On Thursday the club announced Ajax coach Erik ten Hag will become United's permanent manager at the end of the season.

"Obviously I told [the club's board], at least from what I have seen and known from people who had worked with Erik, that I think he would be a good choice," said Rangnick, who will move into a consultancy role at Old Trafford.

"I still believe that he is a very good choice."

BBC

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ralf Rangnick has said Paul Pogba is unlikely to feature again this season, raising the prospect he has played his last game for Manchester United ahead of his contract expiring at the end of the season.
    Pogba was forced off in the early stages of United's 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Liverpool at Anfield on Tuesday, and Rangnick revealed the France midfielder faces at least four weeks on the sidelines.

United's final game of the season is at Crystal Palace on May 22, meaning the France international faces ending his six-year spell at Old Trafford with a whimper.

Ahead of United's trip to Arsenal on Saturday, Rangnick revealed: "Paul, as it seems after the scan we did, it's very unlikely he will play until the end of the season.

"The doctor told me it will take four weeks minimum for him to recover. Since the last game is the end of May, I don't think it is very likely he will be able to play again."

There was better news for United ahead of their game at Arsenal - which could have huge ramifications on both sides' chances of finishing in the top four - with Cristiano Ronaldo available to return to the team.

The 37-year-old had been given leave following the death of his newborn son, but he returned to training earlier this week and Rangnick said he is in contention to feature at the Emirates.

United are currently sixth in the Premier League, three points behind Arsenal and Tottenham having played a game more than their top-four rivals.

Rangnick gave his backing to the appointment of Erik ten Hag, who will leave Ajax to succeed the German as United's manager in the summer.
    The United interim said he provided positive feedback to United's board regarding Ten Hag, and urged the club to give the 52-year-old time to "mould" his own team at Old Trafford.
    "We don't know each other, we haven't met as yet in person," Rangnick said of his successor. "But from what I've seen of him, both at Bayern Munich when he was the U23 coach and at Ajax now, I like his football.

"I am pretty positive that with a full pre-season, with having the chance to build and mould his own staff and also a new team - it is obvious we will have a new team - we will see a different team and an improvement on the pitch.

"I knew that Erik was one of the candidates the board spoke to. Obviously I told them, at least from what I had seen and know from people who have worked with Erik, that I think he would be a good choice."

However, Rangnick was less forthcoming on his own future at United. The 63-year-old is set to take up a consultancy role at Old Trafford this summer, but he said he and the club "haven't had time" to discuss what his role will involve.

Rangnick also reiterated his assertion that there will be a "rebuild" at Old Trafford following Ten Hag's appointment, adding he is prepared to pass on his assessment of the United squad to the new manager.

It's obvious that there are quite a few players whose contracts are expiring," explained Rangnick. "There might be a few others who, although they still have contracts, are already on loan and want to still be on loan or leave the club.
    "It will be a significant change and rebuild, that's clear, but how many players and which positions? As I said, I haven't spoken to Erik yet, but if he asks me my opinion I'm obviously ready and willing to speak with him about my experience.

"On the other hand, he might also have his own ideas. It's not only three of four new players, it's obvious, bearing in my mind how many players' contracts are expiring."

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...r-arsenal-game

'If you cant support us when we lose or draw then dont support us when we win"
    Bill Shankly

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Juventus reveal Paul Pogba 'gentleman's agreement' with Manchester United

Paul Pogba is ready to leave Manchester United at the end of the season.

Juventus CEO Maurizio Arrivabene has downplayed reports the Italian giants have held talks over Paul Pogba as he gears up to depart Manchester United on a free transfer for the second time.

A decade on from his initial departure, Pogba is now heading into the final weeks of his Old Trafford contract.

It was Juventus who won the race for his signature in 2012 - and the World Cup winner spent four years there after progressing through the United ranks.

Winning the Serie A crown in each of his four seasons there first time around, Pogba has failed to replicate that form on a consistent basis during his second act in the Premier League.

Returning to Old Trafford for a staggering £89million in 2016, that first campaign back resulted in a League Cup and Europa League double under Jose Mourinho.

United are still to win a trophy of any description since then, with Erik ten Hag preparing to step into the breach as their next permanent manager.

As the clock ticks down on Pogba's United career, reports suggested Juventus directors have met Rafaela Pimenta, who is one of the representatives for him.

However, according to Arrivabene, that sit down was over other players under the bracket left by late super agent Mino Raiola.

Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, he said: "Let's just make one thing clear. Pogba is a Manchester United player. We must show respect for him and his squad.

“Having said that, Pogba's agents are also the same ones who represent [Moise] Kean and Luca Pellegrini, so it's only normal we should meet with them.

"The subject of the meeting was not Pogba. If we wanted to talk to Pogba, we would need to speak to Manchester United.

“It's a gentleman's agreement between the clubs."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...b0c9f789dc6e18