Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an absolute borefest.

@MMHS now do you see why clubbing Pakistan and West Indies with Bangladesh, Ireland and Zimbabwe would be a horrendous idea? I really hope you don't give the excuse of Rahim not being available, as this bowling attack will struggle against our worst first-class side (Balochistan I believe).

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saw the match for few overs. Can't blame BD bowling much. But how the heck you score 233 on this surface. This is an absolute belter of a wicket. Tamim scored 334 in domestic last week. Couldn't do jack here.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post

@MMHS now do you see why clubbing Pakistan and West Indies with Bangladesh, Ireland and Zimbabwe would be a horrendous idea? I really hope you don't give the excuse of Rahim not being available, as this bowling attack will struggle against our worst first-class side (Balochistan I believe).
    But, don’t you think that clubbing Pakistan with Australia, SAF, ENG & India will be another horrendous idea as well? That PAK attack will struggle against backup of weakest Australian FC team in Australia (Tasmania I believe) - Rickey Ponting will endorse this. That Adelaide Test was not bore feast for me though because I enjoyed Warner’s batting. You see, it works both ways....

I do feel for the boys who are playing a Test almost directly from hotel without any practice, but no excuses. I don’t blame anyone else but the players for such show - they are not that ********.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    But, don’t you think that clubbing Pakistan with Australia, SAF, ENG & India will be another horrendous idea as well? That PAK attack will struggle against backup of weakest Australian FC team in Australia (Tasmania I believe) - Rickey Ponting will endorse this. That Adelaide Test was not bore feast for me though because I enjoyed Warner’s batting. You see, it works both ways....

I do feel for the boys who are playing a Test almost directly from hotel without any practice, but no excuses. I don’t blame anyone else but the players for such show - they are not that ********.
    Yeah I think we are at a strange place where we might be too good for tier 2 and too weak for tier 1. How Shaheen Babar, Naseem, Rizwan n co develop over the next 2 years will show our true standing in world cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh needs some deep introspection.

If they have any doubts Pakistan should organize a Karachi club Pakistan academy with them and the results would look even more ugly for them.

Pakistani batsmen themselves got out, not one instant where Bangladeshi bowlers had made them commit error.

Pakistani batsmen are in a candy store right now and most of them got out due to their greed. Babar Azam would've joined them if he was caught at extra cover, Bangladesh drop has cost them 141 runs from Azam only as of now. Shan Masood celebrating 100 was really ROFL moment of the day, nothing in this opposition to challenge even our tailenders.

Bangladesh in 2003 had Habib ul Bashar, Javed Omar like batsmen with good spinners better than this current lot.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Yeah I think we are at a strange place where we might be too good for tier 2 and too weak for tier 1. How Shaheen Babar, Naseem, Rizwan n co develop over the next 2 years will show our true standing in world cricket.
    May be then no one will call on your unworthy arrogance that’s quite nauseating these days. There was a day, when no one would have questioned where PAK should be placed in Test division - if that day returns, I don’t think anyone will need to blow green trumpet here. Problem is, days have changed, but not the entitlement.....

That issue (two tier Test division) was raised sometimes in mid December last year, just to troll BD team - unfortunately, irony of the fate is very next week Adelaide show took place.... and bigger joke was that, top division was kept with 7 teams, bottom one with 5, so that PAK can be accommodated in top tier - to troll the trolls here further, that very week WIN beat AFGs to push PAK 8th in ranking table........ trust me, it would have gone to 8+4 split, unless .... you know

Now, this guy has come here after two months to remind me it, after PAK has a great day against a depleted BD side - so I had to drag him back to the origin. Nothing personal here - I wish PAK improves in Test cricket, it’s a small cricket family there and we can’t wish it to turn like NFL or NBA.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

India, Australia, and South Africa, England, and New Zealand beat this pathetic team black and blue most days. Stop doing banghra other beating Bangladesh without 2 of their best players. We lost to Sri Lanka as well remember.

If their is a 2 tier test division, we deserve to be tier 2.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    India, Australia, and South Africa, England, and New Zealand beat this pathetic team black and blue most days. Stop doing banghra other beating Bangladesh without 2 of their best players. We lost to Sri Lanka as well remember.

England has not beaten this pathetic team in a test series since i dont know when and Srilankan test side just got smashed so do a little more research.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    England has not beaten this pathetic team in a test series since i dont know when and Srilankan test side just got smashed so do a little more research.
    This current England side will beat us. They look much better with the bat. I don't see any of our batters being able to handle Archer and Wood other than Babar. Furthermore we had a settled test side in 2015 and 2016 when we did well against England so the result wasn't that much of a surprise. In 2016 we drew with England. I don't understand why people do banghra over that series so much. A drawn series shouldn't be celebrated.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is an average test side but there is real potential to improve.

Bangldesh are not translating their successes from juinior cricket and a decent system. They need to start investing in fast bowling.
    Their test and t20 cricket is a shambles at the moment. I actually think that Lahore region ( central punjab) can field a stronger 11.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Losing 1- 0 isn't smashed btw.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This current England side will beat us. They look much better with the bat. I don't see any of our batters being able to handle Archer and Wood other than Babar. Furthermore we had a settled test side in 2015 and 2016 when we did well against England so the result wasn't that much of a surprise. In 2016 we drew with England. I don't understand why people do banghra over that series so much. A drawn series shouldn't be celebrated.
    I actually think their swing bowlers are a bigger threat to pakistan with the dukes ball than guys who bowl super fast.
    We'll see how the series goes. England beating us is just a prediction at this point of time. That 2016 series is one of the better performances by a team on English soil this decade.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Losing 1- 0 isn't smashed btw.
    Pakistan were comfortable placed in the first test as well.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is not Pakistan fault one of their best player is banned due to his own fault while for the secons
    coming of bradman mushfqar rahim might be part of second test in april .So we will all see who much a single player will do lonely

Which sl are you talking Pakistan recently beaten sl in test series .

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I actually think their swing bowlers are a bigger threat to pakistan with the dukes ball than guys who bowl super fast.
    We'll see how the series goes. England beating us is just a prediction at this point of time. That 2016 series is one of the better performances by a team on English soil this decade.
    They will be a threat but I'm more worried about Archer and Wood.

England will see off the new ball. Stokes , Root , and Pope will take us apart after that.

South Africa 2012 was much better than our 2016 win.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English fan boy @Hasan123 spotted lol. England are a mediocre test team who could barely salvage a 2-2 draw at home vs Aus, and beat a weak SA team that also lost to Sri Lanka.

England were hammered by Windies and New Zealand.

We drew in England in 2018 even with the worst captain we have ever had . I think we will at least draw in England and also draw in NZ

Just need to drop Yasir.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    English fan boy @Hasan123 spotted lol. England are a mediocre test team who could barely salvage a 2-2 draw at home vs Aus, and beat a weak SA team that also lost to Sri Lanka.

England were hammered by Windies and New Zealand.

We drew in England in 2018 even with the worst captain we have ever had . I think we will at least draw in England and also draw in NZ

Just need to drop Yasir.
    I am not an England fan boy. I can see that they look a better team with the selections they have made.

Would rather offer my honest opinion than be biased for the sake off it.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your majesty would you like to clear all of us that are you talking about home or away series because Pakistan have beaten both aus and england twice at home in less than 5 year in test series at adopted home uae .while sa has not played since 2010 in uae which was btw draw .Nz is only team which have caused Pakistan headache in uae .

The other 3 your are mentioned are home track bulley even that is completely not true for england which is struggling to win a series against pakistan in England

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not an England fan boy. I can see that they look a better team with the selections they have made.

Would rather offer my honest opinion than be biased for the sake off it.
    Their selections do seem decent but that new crop of players are inexperienced and only time will tell if they are an improvement over the others. Similiar things were said about Buttler and Bairstow being talented in around 2011/12.

Also Archer may have injury problems and I'm not so sure about his effectiveness in tests. Same with Wood. The concern I have is Broad. Otherwise pakistan should manage.
    Last edited by HappyWarsFan; 8th February 2020 at 23:56.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hasan123 is a youngish lad and i can see where his recent comments have inspired from. In his josh, he forgot that England have been smashed at home by Pakistan, and equalled away. England hasnt won a test series against Pakistan since quite a long time.

SRL got defeated in the last series.

Australia is our graveyard since forever.

NZland and SA is somewhere where we should perform better in our next tours.

But Mr Chadda is not wrong when he points out the delusion of the deluded who predicted Pakistan to join the ranks of Uganda when their own team has not grown even a teensy bit from what they were.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Their selections do seem decent but that new crop of players are inexperienced and only time will tell if they are an improvement over the others. Similiar things were said about Buttler and Bairstow being talented in around 2011/12.
    They are performing in conditions they aren't familiar with. Sibley and Pope are in the side due to their performances in county cricket. I really doubt they are going to decline so much especially in England.

Buttler and Bairstow are 2 different cases so I don't get why you have brought them up. For instance Pope is averaging nearly 60 in first class cricket. Bairstow and Buttler have never averaged even close to that in first class cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    @Hasan123 is a youngish lad and i can see where his recent comments have inspired from. In his josh, he forgot that England have been smashed at home by Pakistan, and equalled away. England hasnt won a test series against Pakistan since quite a long time.

SRL got defeated in the last series.

Australia is our graveyard since forever.

NZland and SA is somewhere where we should perform better in our next tours.

But Mr Chadda is not wrong when he points out the delusion of the deluded who predicted Pakistan to join the ranks of Uganda when their own team has not grown even a teensy bit from what they were.
    England will beat Pakistan. The performances in Australia by Pakistan clearly inspired confidence for people like you.

I am not judging England off performances 3/4 years ago. They have made changes which make them look a better test team. They won't win in Australia and India. But they should be much stronger at home. Which they have been even during the times of poor selections. They have beaten India and South Africa at home, also drew with Australia.

My age has nothing do with my opinion. I use my eyes to judge things. I'm not a green tinted like most are on here.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everyone goes on about our amazing record against England, we have beaten them 21 times in 83 games. There have been 37 draws. Most of the people who do banghra over our record against England are celebrating draws. Truly sums up the minnow mentality amongst our fanbase. England have beaten us more than we have beaten them in tests LOL.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

England will beat Pakistan. The performances in Australia by Pakistan clearly inspired confidence for people like you.

I am not judging England off performances 3/4 years ago. They have made changes which make them look a better test team. They won't win in Australia and India. But they should be much stronger at home. Which they have been even during the times of poor selections. They have beaten India and South Africa at home, also drew with Australia.

My age has nothing do with my opinion. I use my eyes to judge things. I'm not a green tinted like most are on here.
    The last line explains your inspiration. To have a contrtarian opinion doesn't make you any more intellectual or different. You are just at the opposite end and nothing different from the green tinted ones.

If you are not judging England on previous performances, you shouldnt judge Pakistan either. Why not use same stick for both teams?

No one here is claiming Pakistan to be some sort of champion team but the team with its young pace attack has potential.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone goes on about our amazing record against England, we have beaten them 21 times in 83 games. There have been 37 draws. Most of the people who do banghra over our record against England are celebrating draws. Truly sums up the minnow mentality amongst our fanbase. England have beaten us more than we have beaten them in tests LOL.
    Since 1984, Pakistan has won 19 tests and England only 12, we have won 3 away series in England in that period and England has won only once in Pakistan in 2000.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bhangra, our fans

Ahhh, your inspiration is clear as daylight. @Mamoon you are infectious.

We have full right to celebrate our success against England when the so called number 1 team of all time gets blanked whenever they visit England. Explains our minnow mentality or your insecure wannabe mentality?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg111 View Post
    Since 1984, Pakistan has won 19 tests and England only 12, we have won 3 away series in England in that period and England has won only once in Pakistan in 2000.
    Facts that hurt.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imran Khan Jr of all people got a 5fer to demolish Australia A. Letís not kid ourselves about Tasmania etc.

Pakistan had 2 19 year old pacers playing for the first time in Aus, without other options due to the retirement of Amir and Wahab.

You have Bumrah and Shami retire tomorrow and send Saini and Nagarkoti off to Aus tomorrow and you donít watch Warner get his 400 in style.

Beating Aus in Aus is difficult enough as it is ó even India achieved it with the main Aus bats out of the equation.

That being said, Iím not saying the current Pak team is full of gods. Half the team is past its prime. Other half has played at most 5 tests. Relegating Pakistan to a B tier of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, etc would be an idiotic move.

For what itís worth, this Pakistan team can easily thrash England and South Africa at home, and can put up a fight in England at least overseas. Weíll see in June.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facts that hurt.
    I know, let the wrist slitters, slit their wrists. Our team doesn't need "fans" like these.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to learn the meaning of bhangra. This was a perfectly valid question, intended to add to the discussion, not troll.

As another poster rightly pointed out, we are too strong for Tier 2 and weak for Tier 1. As a Pakistani fan, your thought process should understand that grouping Pakistan with Tier 2 teams like Bangladesh, Ireland and Zimbabwe would effectively destroy our cricket. But most of you here are too happy belittling our cricket and licking India's boots to have that upper compartment work.

We beat Sri Lanka last year.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan can beat Eng in Eng but when was the last time Eng beat Pak in the UAE?

Aus got demolished in 2016 and 2018, albeit with a weaker side.

Nz won because of our mistakes. They only won the last test match due to their abilities so fair play to them.

If Aus and Eng are failing to compete against Pakistan in the UAE, why are people criticising Pakistan?

Nz flopped horribly in Aus too

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Team is looking better. Still a lot of weaknesses.

Shafiq and Yasir need to go.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, donít you think that clubbing Pakistan with Australia, SAF, ENG & India will be another horrendous idea as well? That PAK attack will struggle against backup of weakest Australian FC team in Australia (Tasmania I believe) - Rickey Ponting will endorse this. That Adelaide Test was not bore feast for me though because I enjoyed Warnerís batting. You see, it works both ways....

I do feel for the boys who are playing a Test almost directly from hotel without any practice, but no excuses. I donít blame anyone else but the players for such show - they are not that ********.
    Well since Pakistan has been competitive in England until quite recently (2018), this becomes an invalid point. That Pakistan attack bowled out Australia A, consisting of a bunch of Test match hopefuls.

But I agree with you, our team is quite behind the Top 4, specially in SENA.

This point isn't to troll Bangladesh. Your bowling attack has been reduced to a joke in familiar subcontinent conditions. There is no semblance of a contest right now, and there is not much interest in this series even from Pakistan fans. The difference between Pakistan and Bangladesh/Ireland/Zimbabwe in Test cricket is bigger than the difference between the Top 4 sides and Pakistan.

Funny you keep bringing up the Aussies tour, knowing fully well much more accomplished Pakistan teams have got hammered there. Even Inzi's 2004 cheetahs got mauled, with supposedly our best middle-order in recent past. You can go easy on a few teenagers, I'm sure. The same teenagers who comprehensively helped beat the only Asian team to win a series in South Africa.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Bhangra, our fans

We have full right to celebrate our success against England when the so called number 1 team of all time gets blanked whenever they visit England. Explains our minnow mentality or your insecure wannabe mentality?
    I donít want to say anything because I want to let the usual suspects do bhangra and perform cartwheels after beating an underpowered Bangladesh.

The reason is that nothing but humiliation awaits us in the coming months. Our next home Test series is exactly 12 months away, and we are touring England and New Zealand before that.

Both tours will end in tears and then it will be my time to rub it in. The humiliation in England will be a reality-check.

A lot of people are laboring under the delusion that we would continue our good run in England but unfortunately, it is not going to happen.

Our days of being Englandís bogey team in Test cricket are over.

I am sorry for writing all of this now but I only mentioned it because you tagged me. Please carry on with the celebrations.

Beating a Bangladesh side without Shakib and Mushfiq, that too at home, is a feat very teams are capable of. Songs will be sung and poems will be penned to celebrate this unprecedented glory.

Only a team that recently got whitewashed by Sri Lanka D at home in T20Is as the ďnumber 1Ē team in the world can achieve this unmatchable success.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I donít want to say anything because I want to let the usual suspects do bhangra and perform cartwheels after beating an underpowered Bangladesh.

The reason is that nothing but humiliation awaits us in the coming months. Our next home Test series is exactly 12 months away, and we are touring England and New Zealand before that.

Both tours will end in tears and then it will be my time to rub it in. The humiliation in England will be a reality-check.

A lot of people are laboring under the delusion that we would continue our good run in England but unfortunately, it is not going to happen.

Our days of being Englandís bogey team in Test cricket are over.

I am sorry for writing all of this now but I only mentioned it because you tagged me. Please carry on with the celebrations.

Beating a Bangladesh side without Shakib and Mushfiq, that too at home, is a feat very teams are capable of. Songs will be sung and poems will be penned to celebrate this unprecedented glory.

Only a team that recently got whitewashed by Sri Lanka D at home in T20Is as the ďnumber 1Ē team in the world can achieve this unmatchable success.
    You are a funny guy, you are going to keep using a t20i series defeat as a crutch to counter all arguments no matter if they are test, ODIs or t20s. Looks like your definition of number 1 is them being infallible. Lumber 1 ATG India just got an epic phainta in NZland.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Short highlights of the day's play.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/ecyms/rssbmc" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    You are a funny guy, you are going to keep using a t20i series defeat as a crutch to counter all arguments no matter if they are test, ODIs or t20s. Looks like your definition of number 1 is them being infallible. Lumber 1 ATG India just got an epic phainta in NZland.
    India is number 2 and lost to New Zealand who are number 3. Are you comparing it with the fake number 1 team losing to Sri Lanka D?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The Test is going exactly how most anticipated.

Bangladesh's shot selection was appalling and as a coach I'd be fuming at their batsmen for not applying themselves against an inexperienced attack on a surface that is far from unplayable. After 20 years of Test cricket, it's unacceptable - at least put a price on your wicket.

As for our batting, it's good to see us score at a rapid clip which was impossible on dead slow UAE pitches but this is a very ordinary attack we're facing.

This series has no bearing on how we'll fare in England this summer other than stat padding.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Pak team has serious potential.
    Unfortunately just like every time in the last few years, it is going to be the "seniors" who let us down.
    What a shame

We need to thank Mickey that he backed youngsters in both loi and tests. It was just a shame that the likes of Hafeez , Malik Azhar, shafiq, Yasir and wahab were basically playing like they were beginners through this time!!

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The Test is going exactly how most anticipated.

Bangladesh's shot selection was appalling and as a coach I'd be fuming at their batsmen for not applying themselves against an inexperienced attack on a surface that is far from unplayable. After 20 years of Test cricket, it's unacceptable - at least put a price on your wicket.

As for our batting, it's good to see us score at a rapid clip which was impossible on dead slow UAE pitches but this is a very ordinary attack we're facing.

This series has no bearing on how we'll fare in England this summer other than stat padding.
    We pick imam Yasir and faheem instead of Azhar abid and shadab, we are talking.

I'm not saying the latter 3 are great as they are all filler players currently ( the other 8 players look very good MashaAllah) but the latter 3 will give us the right balance for England

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Highlights of Babar Azamís exceptional 143* on Day Two:
    <iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/mg22m/nxmvld" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    As expected, the green tinted hype brigade was always going to struggle to comprehend this and resort to personal remarks.

This mediocre team certainly doesn't belong to the top tier, if test cricket was to be contested withing two divisions.
    Beating Sri Lanka and Bangladesh is enough to do banghra it seems. They seem to be forgetting that mediocrity like Azhar and Yasir are certainties under Misbah which means we are playing with 9 players in England.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The last line explains your inspiration. To have a contrtarian opinion doesn't make you any more intellectual or different. You are just at the opposite end and nothing different from the green tinted ones.

If you are not judging England on previous performances, you shouldnt judge Pakistan either. Why not use same stick for both teams?

No one here is claiming Pakistan to be some sort of champion team but the team with its young pace attack has potential.
    Lol England have shown more potential by going away to South Africa. They aren't being as reckless with the bat and Archer and Wood give them more variety with the ball. They are usually strong at home as well.

Naseem isn't ready. Yasir is going to play in England and he is going to be embarrassed. Same with Azhar. England haven't been great in tests but they are showing signs of improvement. Beating Bangladesh and Sri Lanka isn't signs of improvement for me.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg111 View Post
    We have beaten England 21 times out of 83. Cricket didn't start in 84. Since your talking about 84 though we won't have had a worst team since then to tour till this year.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need to learn the meaning of bhangra. This was a perfectly valid question, intended to add to the discussion, not troll.

As another poster rightly pointed out, we are too strong for Tier 2 and weak for Tier 1. As a Pakistani fan, your thought process should understand that grouping Pakistan with Tier 2 teams like Bangladesh, Ireland and Zimbabwe would effectively destroy our cricket. But most of you here are too happy belittling our cricket and licking India's boots to have that upper compartment work.

We beat Sri Lanka last year.
    It's not about grouping us with Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. Our level is with Sri Lanka and West Indies. We have no business in a tier 1. If we are in tier 1 I don't expect us to do anything significant .

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePalestine View Post
    Why? Saleem Malik and Zahir Abbas were super talented. Misbah overcame his limitations through cricketing nous and mental strength and definitely earned all his runs.
    Misbah was a hard work and earned his runs. Zaheer and Malik were talented, sure, as are Azhar and Asad, but not in the same league as Miandad, Younis, Inzamam and Yousuf.
    Watch them play, or just look at the numbers - there are those 4, then there is everyone else

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bhangra, our fans

You are entitled to celebrate draws. What I want from my team is to be in the top 3/4 of the rankings, competing away from home in tests, and doing well in ICC tournaments.

Wannabe mentality is just trying to be positive for the sake of it. Other than Babar, Rizwan, and Shaheen I genuinely don't see what there is to be excited about in the current 11

Yasir,Azhar,Abbas, and Asad are on their last legs.
    Naseem isn't ready.
    Abid away from home is unknown.
    Haris lacks the fitness and intensity.
    Shan is a trier but not good enough

Misbah won't make much change from the current 11 .

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I don’t want to say anything because I want to let the usual suspects do bhangra and perform cartwheels after beating an underpowered Bangladesh.

Our days of being England’s bogey team in Test cricket are over.

Only a team that recently got whitewashed by Sri Lanka D at home in T20Is as the “number 1” team in the world can achieve this unmatchable success.
    One of these days you will make a post that is positive and devoid of sarcasm or criticism. But I highly doubt it. You are an incredibly irritating and negative person. Please understand this is a sport to be enjoyed. Constant depressing posts are not appropriate for sport and negativity is frowned upon in our religion. Sort yourself out please.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hope that this tour was just seen as a necessary evil to bring international cricket back to Pakistan because otherwise these Bangalis should not be invited again

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Hope that this tour was just seen as a necessary evil to bring international cricket back to Pakistan because otherwise these Bangalis should not be invited again
    This was part of FTP. Neither Pakistan nor Bangladesh invites each other unless there is a FTP schedule.

As a matter of fact, most teams are too busy with FTP and there is not much room for invitations.

Bangladeshi Fan